}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Battle of Korriban
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Korriban » The Battle of Korriban
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, September 24th 2006 10:31pm    Post subject: The Battle of Korriban

Forces:

Golan II
100 X1 Turbolaser Platforms

Front

Left

Back

Right

Bottom
Executor-class Star Destroyer Traumatize
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark II Abomination
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark II Minion
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark II Halo
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark II Headhunter
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark II Cutpurse
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Uaksom
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Iron Fist
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Starcrossed
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Blackest Night
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Implacable
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Anvil
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Coronet
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Great Rock
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Mandoki
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Heichel
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Glaser
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Glimpse
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Unthinkable
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Bellerophon
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Indefatigable
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Thunderer
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Agamemnon
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Swiftsure
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Inflexible
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Masamune
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Ultima Weapon
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Ruby Weapon
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Diamond Weapon
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Emerald Weapon
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Necron
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Sin
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Breen
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Freeman
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Frohman
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Antlion
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Vortigaunt
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Vance
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Full Steam
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Foamy
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Murrow
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Strife
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Eviscerator
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Ichorid
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Lobotomizer
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Bellicose
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Manticore
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Stormhawk
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Tyrannic
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Steadfast
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Gallant
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Iron Fist
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Vanguard
Imperator Star Destroyer, Mark I Adamant
Victory Mark I Star Destroyer Force
Victory Mark I Star Destroyer Imperial Heir
Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser Oppressor
Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser Desmond
Interdictor Cruiser Trap
Interdictor Cruiser Snare
Modified Liberator Cruiser Infiltrator
Modified Liberator Cruiser Daisho
Carrack Cruiser Cruiser 1
Carrack Cruiser Cruiser 2
Carrack Cruiser Cruiser 3
Carrack Cruiser Cruiser 4
Carrack Cruiser Cruiser 5
Carrack Cruiser Cruiser 6
Carrack Cruiser Cruiser 7

Golan II
254 X1 Turbolaser Platforms

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Wed, October 25th 2006 05:24pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Swali
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, October 05th 2006 09:43pm    Post subject:

A hologram of the planet and what our sensors had shown us sprang into life before me. The Emperor, his apprentice, his apprentice, the Sovereign Protector Carnor Jax, and my father were also present, along with my XO. It was quite apparent that what the Rebels thought of Korriban was the same as what I thought: barren.

I wasn't about to question orders, even if the task didn't quite seem as urgent as the rest of the operation.

"Traumatize, destroy the Golan II and all turbolaser platforms within range. Interdictors and Dreadnaughts, you may be unfortuneately sitting this one out. You have no orders," I said.

Back to top »
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, October 08th 2006 11:37am    Post subject:

43rd Army
CXXII Corps
- 83rd Infantry Division
- 420th Mechanised Infantry Division
- 1860th Light Brigade
- 2560th Artillery Brigade
CXXIII Corps
- 84th Infantry Division
- 421st Mechanised Infantry Division
- 1861st Light Brigade
- 2561st Artillery Brigade
CXXIV Corps
- 422nd Mechanised Infantry Division
- 720th Armoured Division
- 721st Armoured Division
- 722nd Armoured Division
- 1862nd Light Brigade
- 1863rd Light Brigade
- 2562nd Artillery Brigade
- 2563rd Artillery Brigade

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Wed, October 25th 2006 05:12pm    Post subject:

The battlefield was filled with flashing hues reflecting off and from the Imperial armada. The Traumatize was the first to take action. An ion bolt let loose from the posterior of the ship. The bolt, slamming into a Golan II, overloaded the systems on board. Within a few seconds, another hundred bolts, this time turbolaser blasts, impacted the station and reduced it to smoldering rubble.

In retaliation, a hundred guns returned fire to the Traumatize, dealing damage that would cripple a lesser ship, while the remainder redirected their thrusters to be propelled towards the south pole of the planet.

The guns of the mighty command ship now turned on its attackers, intent on punishing the Rebels for daring to strike the Emperor's personal vessel. More turbolasers streamed out of the ship, sequentially firing to destroy the Rebel X1s. More than forty fell to the vicious emerald barrage as their compatriots arrived to reinforce the dwindling defensive perimeter.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Wed, October 25th 2006 05:21pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, November 13th 2006 05:26pm    Post subject:

Five Imperial Star Destroyers took up positions to assault any incoming gun platforms attempting to reinforce the forces engaged by Death Squadron. However, they were to be disappointed, as the guns didn't come.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon, January 01st 2007 12:48pm    Post subject:

Carnor Jax bowed deeply to his Emperor before turning once again to the bridge team. This was the first time he had ever held actual command of an Executor task force, but his simulations and his inherent battle prowess were all that he needed to ensure this victory. He turned to the communications officer, his voice beginning to flow more smothly, more authorative... and deadlier.

"Lieutenant, Send a communique to the fleet. All light cruisers fall into defensive formation at the edge of the Korriban gravity well. If these rebels want to die, I say we give them their wish... all Star Destroyers and heavy cruisers, move closer to the planet, within the defense perimeter... I want to force them to fire in amongst themselves as we unleash hell."

Jax's smile was grim as he considered the possibilities, his attunement to the Force bringing the crystal of the now to bear, examining each flaw in turn before choosing the most decisive.

"Execute formation Libra-2, without the light ships. All heavy cruisers to port of Traumatize, , execute 90 degree port yaw rotation, move within the rebel formation. All heavy cruisers starboard, execute 90 degree starboard yaw rotation, bring your thrusters back-to-back. Bring forward guns to bear on the further ships, engaging broadside exchange with the closest platforms.

"Traumatize and destroyers, engage inertial dampers and prime forward vector adjustment thrusters to compensate for gravitational pull. Close distance to the planet by 30 percent, prime broadside guns for assault. Target between the heavy cruisers and fire for effect - I want the shockwaves from their destruction to start pushing the defense platforms closer to the planet.

"Cartography, execute data draw on Imperial databanks, I want a copy of the most recent map of Korriban immediately. Extrapolate possible locations of rebel bases and send coordinates to weapons to begin targeting. If we do not get a response from the scum within three standard minutes, begin orbital bombardment of those locations."

Jax turned to the command console, fingers brushing over the keys to pull up the master transmission frequency.

"Rebel Commanders. Your silence has been duly noted as a refusal of our offer. We have extended you the open palm of peace, and your response is a turned back. You will have your wish, then... you will die on the fields of battle."

Jax turned the command frequency off, his voice a muted hiss as he keyed another frequency, this time to the Imperial Fleet.

"Death Squadron... execute."

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, January 07th 2007 11:33am    Post subject:

Before the Rebels scream foul, no-one has offered any alternatives so this is whats happening.

The commander of the garrison opened a channel to the Imperial fleet. The announcement of the surrender of 43rd Army could be heard by every ship in the system, and soon the Turbolaser platforms and the Golans ceased firing in compliance with their orders.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun, January 07th 2007 12:01pm    Post subject:

Carnor Jax straightened as he heard the chimes of the communications of surrender, a smile touching his lips. He sent a broad-spectrum transmission planetside, his voice authorative but at the same time grateful... at least, his tone. Internally he was seething, yet already calculating a new strategy.

"Acknowledged, Rebel Command. Our landing forces will be arriving planetside in fifteen standard minutes. Please have your weapons stockpiled and secured so that we may execute a peaceful transition. Communications are being sent to Central Command to request transport craft. In the meantime, all Rebel personel planetside are granted temporary Imperial citizenship, with all rights thereto. Standby."

He turned to internal communications as the channel cut out, speaklng calmly. "My Emperor, the Rebels have surrendered fully. Korriban is ours."

He paused, then activated another command console. "Grand General Onca, the rebel armies have surrendered. Prepare your troops for peaceful occupation, the opposing personel are to be kept under loose watch but treated as Imperial citizens. Deploy mobile bases at either end of the Valley of the Dark Lords, immeditely begin cartograpical scans to update our maps of the planet."

He turned to yet another console, this time deploying a fleetwide transmission. "Death Squadron, cease fire. Pull back into standard orbit, deploy in defense formation Nox. Keep shields raised, power down weapons, divert power to sensors and begin long-range scans to detect any instance of incoming ships. If anything comes into the gravity well, disable and detain. Do not destroy unless absolutely necessary."

Jax remained on the bridge as verification codes were sent and verified, folding his hands under the heavy outer cloak. His fingers absently stroked the case that held the four adegan crystals, his mind openin gto the crystal of the Now, and what this new collection of faults could lead to...

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Korriban » The Battle of Korriban
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: