}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Death Squadron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Death Squadron
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed, December 20th 2006 05:32pm    Post subject:

Carnor Jax strode onto the bridge as the lift doors slid open, revealing the battle outside the forward viewports. His suit systems were silent for the moment, except for minor status report in the corner of his vision. He strode to Admiral Onca, folding his hands behind his back.

Gazing out at the battle before him, the flashes of their turbolasers spattering against the shields of the behemoth Dreadnought, he spoke quietly, almost to himself. "The Rebels do not take his batle seriously enough to surender... perhaps because we are holding back for their personell's sake. To give their government a chance to retreat from what they must know to be a loosing battle..."

His musings were interrupted by the communications officer's voice, speaking clearly into the otherwise silent bridge. "Sir, rebellion officers continue to ignore our hails." Jax gritted his teeth... the Empire was not something to be trifled with, and yet the officers once again chose to fight this loosing battle. It was time to up the ante.

"Admiral Onca. You were trained in IntelForce before resuming this position." It was a statement rather than a question: Onca had been one of two already-active military members that had elected for the brutal training regimen to turn him into a battle-ready soldier on the fields of war.

"You are relieved of bridge duty, Admiral. Summon the troops, prepare for ground assault. I will take command of fleet operations until each Rebel ship standing between us has either surrendered, or is vaporized." Jax turned to the fighter commander, his tone heated as the passion of battle ignited anew in his blood, unrestrained. "Prepare the fighters for precision assault, I will be leading them into battle myself. And... send the following message to the rebel commanders."

He smiled grimly beneath his helm, straightening. "Rebel Personel. This is your final chance. We will no longer restrain our guns should your commanders choose to throw away your lives. This planet once was once under Imperial control, and it shall once more bear the flag of the Empire. There is no other option. Surrender, or be destroyed. There is no other option for you, either."

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Wed, December 27th 2006 05:51pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, December 27th 2006 06:45pm    Post subject:

As Avaritus stepped out of his shower, he went over to his bed, grabbing the towel laying there. As he dried off, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was...off. A disturbance in the Force. Throwing the towel into the laundry chute, he grabbed his fresh clothes, a black set of robes, and dressed while thinking on the new disturbance.

Once finished, he clipped his lightsaber to his belt, and made his way out of his quarters, towards the bridge. The battle was progressing slowly, and he was growing impatient. He wanted to get to the surface, and begin his plan, but he couldn't do anything while in space. He wondered why Vader didn't take control of the battle himself, or jump into his star-fighter, and attack. He didn't care, really, but it only served to further his suspicions that Vader was growing weak and lazy, content to let his officers do his bidding.

Stepping into the turbo-lift, Avaritus pressed the control to take him to the bridge. A minute later the lift stopped, and Avaritus stepped off onto the deck plates, projecting a sense of power, and authority. It wouldn't due the bridge crew well to know that he was troubled by something. Seeing Jax issuing orders, he decided to leave the man be, and moved to the transparisteel view ports to watch the battle.

As he watched, he silently probed the Force, again searching for the source of the disturbance.

Rory says:
Darth Avaritus: Sith Lord, Dark Apprentice, Field-Goal Kicker

Expand

---
"We worked it out. Ams and I are equall awesome, just in different fields... though we both admit defeat in the "Creative Ruthlessness" category. The winner of that trophy is undoubtedly Lord Avaritus, with his "punt t3h hed" routine." - Carnor Jax
 Back to top »
Swali
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, December 28th 2006 03:39pm    Post subject:

"Yes, sir," Swali said as he saluted sharply. He had been moving the fleet to pressure a surrender, and it didn't seem to be having any effect. He understood the refusal of the Rebels to cut and run while they could, but the conditions sent forth were more than charitable. Not to mention, there would just be excess death in the fighting to come on the planet.

As Swali stepped in the lift and turned, he took out a comlink from his pocket. "Dad. I mean, sir. I've just received the order to prepare the ground troops, relaying it to you."

He waited a few seconds, before he heard, "Very well. Officer's meeting in fifteen. Ground command bridge."

"Yes, sir," was his reply. He changed the frequency to another contact and said, "Antilles, prepare the Fenrir 2. Load her up."

"Aye, sir. Right away," was the reply.

It was a long ride to the ground forces decks.

Back to top »
Mau Onca

Post Posted: Thu, December 28th 2006 04:07pm    Post subject:

As soon as Swali had called, I put the order through on the intercom on the ground forces decks for the officer's meeting.

The thing that never ceases to amaze me most is the large amount of organization it requires to start utter chaos. Space battles are smooth, and run without much of an afterthought. On the ground, though...all reason goes to hell, and it's shoot to stay alive. Shoot so others stay alive. I'd seen it far too much.

For the next fifteen minutes, I was going to be doing nothing but sending orders to be relayed. Orders to ready the equipment and vehicles. Orders for the troops to be on alert. I was lucky to be quartered close to the meeting room, or I would have been late.

Oh, and I almost forgot.

"Private Hesner, alert Lord Vader that an officer's meeting will be beginning shortly. Request that his presence be made on the ground command bridge," I said, emphasizing request.

After that, I walked to the ground command bridge for the meeting.
 Back to top »
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, December 28th 2006 04:21pm    Post subject:

"My lord, your presence has been requested on the ground command bridge by General Onca," the communications officer announced.

"Very well. Come, my apprentice. The time has come," I strode towards the elevator, then said, "Oh...and bring your apprentice, as well. Jax, I leave the skies to you."

I strode onto the lift and crossed my arms. The lift lowered me to the appropriate decks where I would review the General's strategy. For his sake, it had better be a sound one.

Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
Muahaha! Here I am! Aren't I just
generally intimidating as hell?
 Back to top »
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, December 28th 2006 04:32pm    Post subject:

After a few minutes of looking out the viewport, Avaritus had grown bored yet again, unsuccessful in his search. Failure was not something he was used to, especially when locating someone, or something through the Force. He was an expert at locating individual beings from across galactic distances, yet he couldn't pinpoint a disturbance in the Force... It troubled him.

As he turned from the viewport, he noticed Admiral Onca leaving the bridge. Most likely for the ground command meeting. Avaritus watched him leave for a few seconds, and turned back to the planet, content to let the man handle his section of the battle.

But just as the thought crossed his mind, Vader told him to come with him. Avaritus knew that it wasn't a request. Sighing inwardly, and hiding his annoyance, he looked over to Eximius, and said, "Follow me." The man hesitated for a brief second, and Avaritus sensed the conflict within him, and the briefest notion of defiance before the man turned away from the window to follow him.

Avaritus, stood next to Vader in the lift, and could sense the murderous thoughts that the man made no attempt to hide. Smiling slightly, Avaritus briefly allowed himself to imagine the horrified expressions on the rebel troopers' faces as three Sith strode onto the battlefield, cutting a swath of destruction through their numbers.

Rory says:

Expand

---
"We worked it out. Ams and I are equall awesome, just in different fields... though we both admit defeat in the "Creative Ruthlessness" category. The winner of that trophy is undoubtedly Lord Avaritus, with his "punt t3h hed" routine." - Carnor Jax

Last edited by Darth Avaritus on Thu, December 28th 2006 04:37pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Darth Eximius
Private

Post Posted: Fri, December 29th 2006 10:13pm    Post subject:

It was quite uncomfortable being crammed inside the lift with two incredibly powerful Sith. It was bad enough that they were already discontent with him. But now Eximius had to deal with them longer still.

Not that it mattered. At this point, Eximius didn't care about anything now. Maybe the Sith got to him now, he could imagine his satisfaction with annihilating a large amount of rebel troops. While there was something unsettling about the feeling, it wasn't something that concerned the man too much.

It didn't matter what life would bring him, Eximius would continue to push on until his death. Whenever that may be.

Here's a tip: Never type when you're concentrating on music, you could end up with something like "crammed in lift with incredibly Sith."

Last edited by Darth Eximius on Fri, December 29th 2006 10:13pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Mon, January 01st 2007 01:48pm    Post subject:

Carnor Jax bowed deeply to his Emperor before turning once again to the bridge team. This was the first time he had ever held actual command of an Executor task force, but his simulations and his inherent battle prowess were all that he needed to ensure this victory. He turned to the communications officer, his voice beginning to flow more smothly, more authorative... and deadlier.

"Lieutenant, Send a communique to the fleet. All light cruisers fall into defensive formation at the edge of the Korriban gravity well. If these rebels want to die, I say we give them their wish... all Star Destroyers and heavy cruisers, move closer to the planet, within the defense perimeter... I want to force them to fire in amongst themselves as we unleash hell."

Jax's smile was grim as he considered the possibilities, his attunement to the Force bringing the crystal of the now to bear, examining each flaw in turn before choosing the most decisive.

"Execute formation Libra-2, without the light ships. All heavy cruisers to port of Traumatize, , execute 90 degree port yaw rotation, move within the rebel formation. All heavy cruisers starboard, execute 90 degree starboard yaw rotation, bring your thrusters back-to-back. Bring forward guns to bear on the further ships, engaging broadside exchange with the closest platforms.

"Traumatize and destroyers, engage inertial dampers and prime forward vector adjustment thrusters to compensate for gravitational pull. Close distance to the planet by 30 percent, prime broadside guns for assault. Target between the heavy cruisers and fire for effect - I want the shockwaves from their destruction to start pushing the defense platforms closer to the planet.

"Cartography, execute data draw on Imperial databanks, I want a copy of the most recent map of Korriban immediately. Extrapolate possible locations of rebel bases and send coordinates to weapons to begin targeting. If we do not get a response from the scum within three standard minutes, begin orbital bombardment of those locations."

Jax turned to the command console, fingers brushing over the keys to pull up the master transmission frequency.

"Rebel Commanders. Your silence has been duly noted as a refusal of our offer. We have extended you the open palm of peace, and your response is a turned back. You will have your wish, then... you will die on the fields of battle."

Jax turned the command frequency off, his voice a muted hiss as he keyed another frequency, this time to the Imperial Fleet.

"Death Squadron... execute."

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, January 09th 2007 10:43pm    Post subject:

We arrived at the command room, just as General Onca was briefing the ground command. I entered swiftly, my cape billowing behind me. I was flanked by my apprentice and the one he called his apprentice.

The general was speaking, "We will be--"

"That will not be necessary, General," I said as I walked up to stand next to him. The men in the room stood. I turned to them and said, "Sit. Your services are yet required."

"My lord, we're not invading?" Onca asked.

"No, general. It would seem that Moff Jendob has negotiated a peace treaty and the war is over," I said, and I sensed the feelings that news gave my two apprentices. "For the time. The world below has been surrendured to us. Prepare your troops to begin operations to bring it fully under my control."

"Very good, your excellency. Standard procedures, gentlemen. Dismissed."

The men left, and Onca left with them. I then turned to address the two Sith behind me. Eximius did not hide his anger well, a sign of his inexperience with the Dark side. Avaritus held his firmly, as I had trained him, but he made no attempt to hide it. He would do well, but the other had a ways to go.

"Do not be quick to anger, yet, Lord Avaritus. We will still be landing. You must have sensed that I intended for more than just the conquest of an insignificant planet. No? Hm...I am disappointed, my apprentice. Jax will be joining us on the surface, as well. Come, we will go to the hangar and make our descent," I said.

Then we left, on our way to the hangar. I stopped at an intercom station and informed the bridge that I would require Jax's presence on the planet's surface. I provided the coordinates for our rendezvous point.

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER

Last edited by Darth Vader on Tue, January 09th 2007 10:45pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 07:01pm    Post subject:

Jax stood overseeing the convoy of ships moving to and from the planet, transporting Rebel personel off-system and imperial Personel from the belly of the Traumatize to begin the process of taking command. It was a beautiful sight to see, the sterility of Imperial ships slowly bringing the system back under the rule of the Empire.

He was lost in his reverie a moment before a bridge messenger spoke quietly at his left shoulder. "Sir, your presence has been requested by Emperor Vader at the following coordinates."

Jax nodded once, then turned. "Captain, you have the bridge. Continue landing protocols, sustain defense sensor nets." He turned to the messenger, speaking quietly to him. "And you, relay the orders to have my fighter prepared for immediate takeoff."

With that he stalked towards the bridge turbolift, leaving the crew behind for his own solitude, heading for the forward deployment chutes where his TIE Defender awaited him. Something on Korriban was calling to him, and he was not going to rest until he found what awaited his presence...

Jax is enroute to Korriban

Expand

Back to top »
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 11:16pm    Post subject:

As Avaritus listened to Vader, he closed the man off from being able to feel his emotions. Avaritus seethed with hatred for Vader, but kept his Force presence level. Avaritus knew long before what the man had planned for the planet, and he himself had been planning it for over a year. But that didn't matter. He was beginning to have doubts about making an Academy.

Looking to Vader, he said, "I will not train weak fools, master. The Jedi Order was so easily destroyed because even their Masters were pathetic. And their Knights were nothing but fodder. You know as well as I that there are no potential Sith that would meet any sort of standard that myself, or the Soverign Protector would set. One apprentice should be assigned to one Master. The old Jedi Order ignored this, and payed the price for it, breeding in weakness to their numbers. Surely you do not wish to do the same, master."

Avaritus waited for Vader to respond, as they walked into the hangar, Eximius trailing a slight distance behind them.

Rory says:

Expand

---
 Back to top »
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, January 11th 2007 12:07am    Post subject:

Hm, so he was doing better than I had thought. It made me proud, but it would also do me well to be wary of my apprentice. I left that trail of thought. I would carry it on later where my thoughts would not be revealed. My apprentice was becoming a greater threat, and I would not have my plans laid out for him to see again.

"You will do as I say, my insightful apprentice, and you know nothing of the Jedi. Their order fell because of their blindness, and do not think I cannot sense how you feel," I said, "I know you secretly desire this appointment, so do not feign warnings about it's eventual destruction. Your thoughts betray you. I know that you would create your own Sith order and try use it to destroy me."

I stopped, turned to him, and continued, "Know this. If you ever try to use my Sith agents in such a way, it would lead to your eventual destruction. Now, enter the shuttle and we will meet with Jax on the planet."

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
 Back to top »
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, January 11th 2007 12:29am    Post subject:

Avaritus smiled inwardly. Vader was beginning to realize just how much of a threat Avaritus could be. While it worked against him in a way, it also confirmed his suspicions. Vader was beginning to fear losing his power, and more importantly, his life to his apprentice.

As he walked past Vader, he quietly said in a voice only loud enough for the dark lord to hear, "If I ever decide to destroy you Master, it will be me alone who does so."

At that, he entered the shuttle, and took his seat, Eximius taking a seat near the back. Looking up towards the cockpit, he said, "Pilot, head to the surface." Even as he said so, he felt Vader entering his ship. He knew Vader might be able to shoot him down in this shuttle, and eliminate his apprentice before he became a problem, so he closed his eyes, and found the mind he was looking for. Through the Force, he then sent his thoughts about Vader, and a possible trap.

He doubted Vader would try and kill him now, but he would be prepared for it anyways.

Darth Avaritus, and Darth Eximius are now enroute to Korriban.

Rory says:

Expand

---
 Back to top »
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, January 23rd 2007 09:27pm    Post subject:

I had entered my personal TIE Advanced fighter, beginning the launch sequence and waited for my escort to arrive. It had become something of a hindrance, being Emperor. I could go nowhere unwatched by my protection. They were faithful, but perhaps not entirely to me. They had been much closer to Jax, but my plans to separate them were about to come to fruition. At last, my latest plan was being realized.

"Your highness, you are clear for depature your escort is ready."

I took the controls of the starfighter, lifted off, and slowly took it out of the hangar bay. The metal interior of the ship began to melt into the blackness of space as my craft exited. I opened a channel with my escort.

"Form up on me and activate your long range sensors," I ordered.

At once, the four TIE Defenders formed a squadron, with me as leader. We followed the shuttle that carried my apprentice and his apprentice to the surface. The shuttle was no match for the fighters in speed, so it seemed to us that it took quite a while to reach the atmosphere.

We descended upon the planet, my apprentice feeling anxiety, and his apprentice feeling frustrated. I suspected Avaritus didn't like being trailed down by fighters, out of his control. I did not know his apprentice well enough to understand him. I did not expect that I ever would.

I received transmission from the shuttle. "Sir, approaching the surface. Shall I proceed to coordinates?"

The protocol was to ensure safety of our convoy. It did not anger me in the least that it was required. I had suggested it myself. I responded promptly, "Yes. Proceed. With haste."

I doubted the shuttle could go faster, but the pilot began pushing the engines. An order from the Emperor was an order from the Emperor, especially one that had killed higher ranking officers over less.

The small craft approached the desert terrain. Much like Tatooine. I would never return there, and I loathed sand. The desert quickly reached a valley. The valley was not specifically deep, but it had served the purpose of those who had used it.

The walls were carved with ancient script and sculptures, most of which were long faded. Even thousands of years in the past, I suspected that these tombs were not new. Not a single character would be legible and the statues appeared like misfigured shadows of who they once represented.

We arrived at the Valley of the Sith. I could feel the Dark side in this place. If any other place could be said to hold the Dark side, it did not hold it like the Valley did. Holding the tombs of the most ancient of Sith Lords, the place pulsed with their ancient power. I revelled in it. It was magnificent and glorious. I felt something else, also, but I could not place what the feeling was. It left as soon as it came, however. Only a flicker. Curious, but I would not dwell on it. I decided to keep my mind on the here and now.

I sent a transmission to my escort, "Circle the valley."

"As you wish, your highness."

The shuttle landed and I followed suit. I exited my fighter as the two other Sith left their transport. Jax was already waiting, his craft on the ground. At least I'm assuming. If I'm wrong, tell me. You weren't around to confirm. I walked towards them and stood before the rest of them, crossing my arms.

"For those of you who do not know the significance of this place, it is known as the Valley of the Sith. The structures around us are the tombs of perhaps the first Sith Lords. In those times, there was more than two Sith Lords,” I said to them, “Because of their failure to conquer the Galaxy through more public means, it was decided to hide the Sith. The tradition of two Sith Lords had survived for thousands of years. For the longest time, we remained hidden by consisting of a master and an apprentice.”

I let the long held tradition sink in before I continued, “It was only decades ago that we made our presence known again. My master, Darth Sidious, who you know as Palpatine, crafted a masterful plan, with the aid of his foresight, to slowly gain total control of the Republic. He succeeded and created my Empire.”

“I have brought you here, because the need to hide has ended and the Rule-of-Two with it. You are to be the beginnings of the new Sith Order. An academy will be constructed here, so that you may train the future generations of Sith in the ways of the Dark side,” I explained. Realization set into Jax and Eximius. Avaritus already knew, of course. He was pleased, as I knew he would be. Jax guarded his emotions, and Eximius radiated a mix of emotions.

“Carnor Jax. Kneel.”

He complied and I said, “The time has come for you to shed that armor and put on the robes of a Sith Lord. Now, that is what you have become. Rise, Darth Jax.”

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
 Back to top »
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, January 27th 2007 12:18am    Post subject:

I kept my senses attuned to it. The disturbance would be reached quickly and then I would root it out with the same speed. After contemplating what I suspected had happened, I was not as surprised as before. It would only have been inevitable that events transpired in such a manner.

I exited my TIE Advanced and was pleased to see that the Guards and Protectors were not present. I wondered if they were powerful enough to sense me within this distance or if they would be left duped until they realized I would not join them on deck.

My Sith Infiltrator awaited me, fully prepared. It's sleek, black exterior was of an old design. Perhaps a new one was necessary. One could be designed in relatively short order. Until then, I had a task to perform. I had set myself to it, and it was of the highest priority. I would see it done.

I entered the Infiltrator and initiated the launch sequences. I lifted off, exited the flagship, and maneuvered to prepare for a jump to Coruscant. That's where it was. That's where I would go. Nothing would stop me. I was focused singularily on that one primary goal, my sole objective.

I neared the exit to the gravity well. It seemed to take a lifetime to reach it. Forty to reach Coruscant. I was receiving a transmission from the Traumatize. I ignored it. I had to do this myself. Others would hinder me and become a burden. I would not be slowed down. Especially considering the conditions. Last time was different. Now, I did not know what to expect, so the worst was what I prepared for.

I was clear to entire hyperspace. I pushed forward the throttle and watched as the stars became solid lines and I accelerated past light speed. It was only a matter of time and patience. Patience that was running thin.

Vader is en route to Coruscant.

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, March 16th 2007 01:18am    Post subject:

Damn Vader...

Carnor Jax stepped out of the cockpit of his brand-new starfighter, produced by the Empire for his personal use. The fighter was light, highly maneuverable, heavier hitting than the TIE Defender, and faster... it was a good ship. Behind him, Darth Avaritus stepped out of the cockpit of his TIE Defender, the mans Force presence echoing a similar distaste. A moment passed in silence as their fighters were seen to, and the two made their way towards the bridge of the Traumatize.

"He's realy going to do it, isn't he?" Jax spoke softly as they passed deck officers, ignoring the salutes. Jax was still wearing the armor spattered with charred flecks of the spy he had killed, and his mood was not exactly the best. This only heightened the apprehension, the sudden and unseemly move by Emperor Vader.

"I'm afraid so. You know him, once he gets it in that helm of his to do something, there ain't no way it's not gonna get done. Besides, the vacation will be nice. It won't be coruscant, but hey - free food." The lightness of the way the handled death, funerals especially, was enough to make one of the officers pale. As soon as they reached the bridge, Jax strode through the turbolift doors, voice cool and deadly.

"Helm, set course for Loronar, cruising speed. Signal the fleet, tell them to catch up to us. We are to rendezvous with Emperor Vader there before moving to Denon... we've got a funeral to attend."

Death Squadron is enroute to Loronar

Expand

Back to top »
Socra Testudinata
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, March 16th 2007 01:51am    Post subject:

"Traumatize, this is shuttle Starhawk requesting permission to dock."

"Grand Marshal, what a pleasant surprise. I'll meet you in the hangar bay. Five minutes." Jax's voice rang through the cockpit speakers, once again eliciting a growl of frustration from the Grand Marshal. How much longer until Jax let other people handle his business. Sure enough, as promise, when the loading ramp opened Jax was there, waiting. Rather than wait for Socra to climb down, Jax went up to meet him.

Socra wasn't sure how to greet the man whose job he took, so he did nothing. Jax made the first move instead, clasping his hand to Socra's forearm and pumping it once. "I have need of a specialized network, Socra, of those craft. Can it be done?"

"Yes, sir, all I need is the focus and I will set the network up." The col confidence of Socra's handshake told the story, he would make sure the networked functioned. Over the next ten minutes, Jax outlined what was required on Korriban of the ships, and Socra explained the exact methods he would use, all between the two men. Korriban would be the most secure planet in the Empire, outside of Coruscant and Yinchorr.

'Tis I says:
Ams sank your Socraship. :S
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, March 16th 2007 01:56am    Post subject:

Ten minutes later, Jax turned and exited the loading ramp, turning back a momeht to watch Socra walk to the cargo bay. This would be an advantageous move for several reasons, not the least of which was that the secret training rounds at night, between himself and Avaritus, would continue to go unobserved.

Stepping back, Jax watched the shuttle lift off and decend through the hangar bay doors, the sudden depressurization not causing Jax a bit of discomfort in his hermetically sealed armor. Waiting patiently, he looke dup to see Avaritus standing in one of the observation platforms. Smiling grimly beneath the helm, Jax offered a casual salute to the man before turning to face the empty hangar bay once more.

The Emperor would arrive soon.

Expand

Back to top »
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, March 16th 2007 02:34am    Post subject:

It was time. The Rick James had been in orbit long before Death Squadron, since Coruscant was much closer than Korriban. In most circumstances, I had used the Squadron for missions around the Galaxy. Later, I used it hunting down my elusive prey. Now, that prey was dead. I thought back in time.

19 BBY

Obi-Wann and I landed, with Palpatine, on a landing platform before the glorious Senate building. The sun was shining, making the skyline of Coruscant glimmer. I exited the shuttle. I noticed my master was not moving to speak with the Senators that were there to greet us.

"Are you coming, my master?"

"Oh no. I'm not brave enough for politics. I have to report to the Council. Besides, someone needs to be the poster boy," he replied.

I countered, "Hold on, this whole operation was your idea. You planned it."

He had a riposte, "Let us not forget that you rescued me from the Buzz Droids. And you killed Count Dooku. And you rescued the Chancellor, all while carrying me unconscious on your back."

"All because of your training, Master," I said.

"Anakin, let's be fair. Today, you are the hero and you deserve your glorious day with the politicians. "

"All right. But you owe me . . . and not for saving your skin for the tenth time . . ." I said. I had him with that one. He couldn't deny that.

"Ninth time," he said, waving his hand, "that business on Cato Nemoidia doesn't...doesn't count."

I smiled as he walked off. He truly was a mentor to me, a father, really. I hadn't had one, and Obi-Wann was the closest I had ever had. I could never do anything to harm that.

I continued onwards to join the Senators. The Supreme Chancellor was speaking with Master Windu, undoubtedly about the next move of the Republic. I was sure it would have to do with destroying Grievous. A shame that he had escaped, but we couldn't have done anything in the circumstances. I would see his demise.

I walked with Senator Organa. A pleasant man, especially for a senator. He said, "The end of Count Dooku will surely bring an end to this war."

"I wish that were so, but the fighting is going to continue until General Grievous is spare parts," I replied. While it may not have the luster it did before, the Confederacy would continue to fight with the appropriate figurehead holding the reins.

At that moment, I sensed somebody approaching. Someone I knew. Someone I had been longing to see.

"Excuse me," I said.

"Certainly."

I turned and ran slowly to her. Padme. I had not seen her for what seemed an eternity. I stood with her behind one of the giant columns of the grand structure. For a moment, we looked into each others eyes, then embraced, letting our lips come together for a soft, brushing kiss. For that instant, the war did not exist and all was replaced with my love for my secret wife.

"Oh, Anakin! Thank goodness, you're back," she said as we pulled out of the tenderness of the moment.

I drank in her beauty as I said, "I missed you, Padme. I've missed you so."

"There were whispers . . . that you'd been killed," she said softly. I was enraptured by her radiance. I wanted these moments to last forever. Men could go their entire lives taking love for granted, but no one knew the pain of being separated for so long like those that had gone to war.

"It feels like we've been apart for a lifetime," I said, "And it might have been ... If the Chancellor hadn't been kidnapped. I don't think they would have ever brought us back from the Outer Rim sieges."

I moved in to kiss her again, I could not wait. I had to feel the soft press of her lips against mine. I had to embrace the feeling and never let it go again. However, she recoiled and said, "Wait, not here, they'll see."

"Then let them see. I'm tired of all this deception. I don't care if they know we're married," I said. It was true. Would the Jedi really expel me for this? I didn't care if they did, in any case, but how could they? I was far too valuable to them for that.

"Anakin, don't say things like that. I'd be relieved as a Senator and you'd be expelled from the Order," said Padme, with concern in her voice. I conceded. In the end, I didn't really want to test my position as a Jedi. I noticed she was shaking slightly.

"Are you all right? You're trembling. What's going on?" I was utterly concerned for her. Something was wrong, I could sense it.

"Ani, something wonderful has happened," she said. We looked at each other for a brief, sweet moment before she said, "Ani, I'm pregnant."

For an instant, time stopped. Seconds seemed like centuries and passed in the blink of an eye. I was going to be a father. I was going to be the father of a beautiful child. Hopefully, that child would also be strong in the Force and...perhaps I could make that child my padawan.

"That's . . . that's wonderful," was all I could manage to say.

Padme sounded worried as she said, "What are we going to do?"

I knew she meant that it would be near impossible to hide our marriage any longer after that. Of course, I was sure we'd find a way. We would have to, or maybe I could convince her that not hiding it anymore was for the best.

"We're not going to worry about anything right now, all right? This is a happy moment," I said.

The Present

I contacted the Traumatize with my own personal transmission codes signalling that I would be docking in a cloaked vessel. I received acknowledgement soon after. I piloted and landed in my ship.

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, March 16th 2007 02:40am    Post subject:

Carnor Jax sank to one knee before Emperor Vader, hearing Lord Avaritus coming up beside him and mirroring his movements. As one voice, the two spoke "Greetings, Master." the 2 meter tall armored being stood above them, weighing them as if in silent judgement... the Force Aura that Jax radiated would be drastically different than the one he had felt even such a short time ago... a changee for the better, in the mind of the Sith.

With his head bowed he could not see the saurian mouth grille, the large black eyes, or the swept helm that covered Vader's head, but he did not need to see it to know that the attention was focused on the two. After a long, tense moment, his voice spoke to them. "Rise, my apprentices."

Moving fluidly to his feet, Jax stepped aside to let Vader through, then fell into step at his left shoulder, leaving Avaritus to stand at his right hand. The three walked in silence at first, the only sound being the thud of their bootsteps and the mechanical breathing of the Emperor beside them. it didn't seem that Jax or Avaritus wanted to speak the first words as they continued down the corridors, strangely empty in the Emperor's presence.

Expand

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Fri, March 16th 2007 02:41am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, March 16th 2007 02:49am    Post subject:

"Leave me," I said. I left before they could respond, on my way to my hyperbaric chamber.

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, March 16th 2007 02:52am    Post subject:

"Leave me."

The response was curt, and a flare of the Force in Jax's preception brought on a wave of emotions. Stoic resignation was foremost among them, yet as Jax considered deeper... there was regret there. Sorrow, anguish... tools of the Dark Side, certainly, but also unexpected. What had happened to make a man like the Emperor falter like this?

Looking to Avaritus, he made a subtle head motion towards the bridge, then turned and started walking towards the turbolift. Avaritus would follow... they had matters to discuss personally, and orders to be given to return the fleet.

Expand

Back to top »
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, March 16th 2007 03:01am    Post subject:

Avaritus frowned, and followed Jax. To feel any emotion other than rage from Vader was uncommon. The thought to outright ask Vader what was troubling him presented itself, but he dismissed it as quickly as it had appeared. Vader was not one to talk about his emotions.

Deciding he would speculate later, he stepped into the turbolift, and ascended to the bridge.

Rory says:

Expand

---
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, March 16th 2007 02:28pm    Post subject:

As Jax exited the turbolift, Admiral Onca saluted before readily passing command off. The past three times Death Squadron had been deployed, it had been under Jax's hand, and he had proved himself a capable fleet machinist... after all, the Rebels had surrendered unconditionalyl as son as he put his fleet tactics into action. The memory brought a smile of satisfaction to his lips, and an aura of conceit to brew in the darkening thunderhead that was the Sith Lord.

"Set course for Denon, 80% speed, signal the fleet to compensate. I want to have a chance to stretch my legs during the trip, and work on a couple lessons before reaching the Rebel Capital. I want full diagnostic readouts of combat readiness of the fleet to be taken while we are in hyperspace, and the reports sent to Emperor Vader and myself as soon as they are compiled."

The variious officers saluted as Jax continued to make his way down the gangway and towards the forward viewport. The subtle nuance of movement that the intertial dampers could not compensate for made his cloak flare slightly as he stood at the fore of the bridge. At his left hand, Avaritus stood beside him with his arms folded, watching as stars blurred into starlines, then the swirling blue vortex of hyperspace. A thought crossed the former Sovereign Protector's mind, and he turned to face the Dark Apprentice.

"When we reach Denon, we will undoubtedly be under close scrutiny. Is there anything you can teach me while we are enroute, to help facilitiate a more... peaceful... transition into the Rebel stronghold?"

Death Squadron is enroute to Denon

Expand

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Sat, March 17th 2007 09:32pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, March 17th 2007 11:01pm    Post subject:

I sat in my hyperbaric chamber. The machinery removed that acursed helmet, and I saw my own private little world with my own eyes. I breathed with my own lungs. I looked back into time once more.

18 BBY

The medical droids had finished the operation. It had been a long, painful procedure, testing my endurance's limits. They had put my burned body in a suit. In my state, I would probably never leave it.

Now, instead of one prosthetic arm, all of my limbs were prosthetic. I had felt them attach every single one. It was nothing compared to my searing lungs. I would have to breathe artificially from then on.

No sooner thought than done. The table I was laying on was perfectly horizontal, and from above, it lowered. The mask that would be my face for the rest of my life. It came down and activated. The world was red out of the eyes. That would be my vision now. Slowly, it sealed, there was a whirring sound, and I took my first rasping breath.

The table turned me up vertically. I realized my arms and legs were bound by steel locks. From behind me, I heard a familiar voice.

"Lord Vader, can you hear me?"

"Yes, Master," I said. Was that my voice? That deep, bass tone? My thoughts immediately went to my wife. I had attacked her in a fit of rage. She should have been alright, but just the same, I asked, "Where is Padme? Is she safe? Is she alright?"

He slowly replied, "It seems in your anger…you killed her."

"I…I couldn't have…She was alive! I felt it!" How could it be possible? She was alive! There was no possible way that I had killed her! My dreams...were...shattered. My wife and child, dead by my own hand. I did the one thing I felt I could do. Sorrow, anger, hate, all of it welled up inside me.

I broke my bonds, ripping the steel rings clean from the table. I took two clumsy steps forward. Would I always walk like this from now on?

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

As I screamed, I reached out with the Dark side, crushing the room with my power. Bottles broke, metal crumpled, and I screamed, knowing what my fate would be from then on.

3 ABY

I came before the Holonet transceiver and knelt in respect.

“What is thy bidding, my master?”

He replied, “There is a great disturbance in the Force.”

I took a moment to search for it. He was correct. I had been too preoccupied with chasing the Millennium Falcon that I had missed it earlier.

“I have felt it, also, master,” I responded. Right now, the disturbance was elusive, hidden somewhere. It somehow felt familiar.

“We have a new enemy: the young Rebel who destroyed the Death Star,” he said. Then, he said something I knew was impossible, “I have no doubt that this boy is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker.”

How could this be? That was impossible. My child had died with my wife. There was no way that the pilot was my son. Although…

I asked, “How is that possible?”

“Search you feelings, Lord Vader. You will know it to be true,” he said. I did as he instructed. He was right. There was no explanation except that Padme had lived to give birth to our child. Our son. He continued, “He could destroy us.”

No, that couldn’t be true. Even though my former master had taught him for a short time, he was gone, now. There was no one left to teach him, except…

“He is just a boy. Obi-Wan can no longer help him,” I said, hiding my true thoughts and feelings, while steering the discussion over…my son…in the right direction.

He responded by saying, “The Force is strong with him. The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi.” That would be far too dangerous to us. A single Jedi could probably bring the Empire down with the support of the Rebellion behind him. But, that was not what I had in mind.

“If he could be turned, he would become a powerful ally...” I ventured. I had to be careful to hide what was in my heart at that moment. I sealed it away as though the notion did not exist.

“Yes. He would be a great asset,” he said as he smiled. The smile quickly vanished and he asked me, “Can it be done?”

“He will join us, or die, master,” I said. After the image of Palpatine disappeared, I let me thoughts come to me. Once more, the dream of training my son was a possibility, and I would make it a reality. Then, with our combined power, we would bring the Galaxy under the rule of the Skywalker family.

Present

We would arrive at Denon soon. I brought that horribly mask back onto my head, let the hyperbaric chamber open, and I left its comfort. I walked out, towards the bridge. I anticipated complications in allowing us to land. My presence would be needed, as much as I wanted to stay in the comfort of the chamber, with my mask off.

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Death Squadron
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: