}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
To The Galaxy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » To The Galaxy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 313
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 01:19am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

All right, everyone shut up. That's an order, from the Supreme Moff, and me. First off, Jax, don't play nice guy. That's dumber than Solo here trying to be intellectual.

Secondly, we've shown the Rebels the proof a thousand times. You just discount it and ask for something else. But if you really want hard proof, I'll give it to you: my homeworld.

Thanagar was a worn-torn planet for centuries. Hells, the only reason the agricultural output is so high today is because there's enough rotting bodies to fertilize the soil for a hundred years. Anyway, only recently have the civil wars ended, and even then, reconstruction was pretty rough. A lot of people were still poor and homeless. Taxes were nominal, but only to prevent revolt. At the rate they were collected, it would take decades for Thanagar to recover.

That changed when the Empire came. Now, understandably, the Thanagarians were nervous about us at first. I have it on good authority that their military was poised to attack for half a year after we talked them into joining. And yes, they were talked, not forced.

The Empire poured massive amounts of money into rebuilding the planet, and not just that: they provided engineers, technicians, administrators, teachers... they joined us a eight days before Palpatine's death. By the time the Tatooine Accords were signed (2 months to the day after he passed away), Thanagar had made a complete turnaround. Employment had increased 10-fold, taxes were down, and the government was still making enough to improve things. The old ghettos are fixed up, and you can actually walk through them at night without worry.

Is that enough proof? Or how about when Anaxes told the Empire they didn't want to join? We left them in peace. The Empire you say we are would've landed stormtroopers or just slagged the place.

Now, what's the Rebel's credentials? And I want hard proof... not idealism. What have you done in the past five years that was so wonderful, huh?
_________________

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 1695

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 01:32am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

The Empire's also tried to "help" Ord Mantell. All that it's done is fund guerillas to patrol the streets for them.

Perhaps the Thanagarian people had something to offer the Empire. There are far more examples against what you're claiming than are for it.
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Han Solo
CMAC Artist


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 1705
Location: Wherever I end up...

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 01:34am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Kalydon Skirata wrote:
Anyway didn't you get kicked out of the diplomatic talks that the Moff and your wife were discussing?
That could explain why you lack the understanding of the change.


Not just me, pal. Birdy up there got the boot as well. After that long, drawn out speech of hers up there, I can see why.
_________________
Han Solo; Captain of the Millennium Falcon



"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 1091
Location: In the shadows...

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 01:43am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Han Solo wrote:
Kalydon Skirata wrote:
Anyway didn't you get kicked out of the diplomatic talks that the Moff and your wife were discussing?
That could explain why you lack the understanding of the change.


Not just me, pal. Birdy up there got the boot as well. After that long, drawn out speech of hers up there, I can see why.


Her speech made more sense than the usual "The Imps are evil, shoot them" crap.
I've been to Thanagar myself; spent a good year as it's defense commander, read up on it's history, visited the planet, chatted with the locals; out of uniform mind you...alll of what she said is true.
That planet had massive improvments.


Quote:
There are far more examples against what you're claiming than are for it.

Perhaps you could provide these examples to prove your case instead of making unsupported statements?
_________________


Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega




Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 313
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 01:51am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

We're starting on Mantell, too, Nevin. But it's not easy with some old friends of yours shooting at us, y'know?
_________________

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 1695

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:02am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

They wouldn't be shooting if you wouldn't be giving them reason to. Actually, I overheard that one of the leaders was trying to end hostilities by...fulfilling a requirement set by the Empire, and the forces instead betrayed her. Sounds like the actions of an untruthful government, y'know?

Quote:
Perhaps you could provide these examples to prove your case instead of making unsupported statements?


I already gave one. Since I left the Empire, I don't know what the latest atriocities that you are up to include. The Empire is no stranger to hiding information. Trust me on that one, I've had to hide the bulk of it, and I know for a fact it still happens, no matter how "humanitarian" the Empire tries to put itself out as.
_________________


Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:04am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 586
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:18am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

So your only example is one that is partially based on opinion? Now, how about you answer the question: What have you done in the past five years thats so wonderful?

If spreading negative propoganda is your only hope of gaining support, you're failing horribly at it. The Empire atleast has plenty of examples where we've done our best to assist others. The Alliance says they do, but I've never heard any of you, even your security chief, say one thing that you've done that is good.
_________________
Galactic Empire
ISB Director Ravik Shadowstalker




595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"



Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 313
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:19am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Quote:
They wouldn't be shooting if you wouldn't be giving them reason to. Actually, I overheard that one of the leaders was trying to end hostilities by...fulfilling a requirement set by the Empire, and the forces instead betrayed her. Sounds like the actions of an untruthful government, y'know?


...Hmm. I'll look into that. Who was your source?
_________________

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 1695

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:20am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

I'm not at liberty.

Quote:
So your only example is one that is partially based on opinion?


Millions of Mantellians can't be wrong.

Quote:
Now, how about you answer the question: What have you done in the past five years thats so wonderful?


We don't go around making big, giant, over-emphasized actions to show the rest of the world we're so almighty and benevolent. We tend to focus on the citizens we have and make their lives better. You, on the other hand, seem to only want to breed perfect examples to show the rest of the galaxy. Come on, this bullshit has been going on since the OLD REPUBLIC and it's not stopping any time this millenium.
_________________


Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:23am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Han Solo
CMAC Artist


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 1705
Location: Wherever I end up...

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:23am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ravik Shadowstalker wrote:
If spreading negative propoganda is your only hope of gaining support, you're failing horribly at it. The Empire atleast has plenty of examples where we've done our best to assist others. The Alliance says they do, but I've never heard any of you, even your security chief, say one thing that you've done that is good.


Wow, you saved ONE planet full of bird people. You call that plenty of examples?
_________________
Han Solo; Captain of the Millennium Falcon



"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han


Last edited by Han Solo on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:23am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 586
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:25am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

What's the estimated population of the planet again? That's plenty examples if you ask me. And of course it isn't the only one, its just the only one so far in this conversation. And I'l ask yet again. What has the Alliance done in the past five years thats so wonderful?
_________________
Galactic Empire
ISB Director Ravik Shadowstalker




595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"



Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 1695

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:27am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Uh, hello, are you dense? Look up.
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 313
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:27am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

There are 900 million people who think it was damned good example, Solo. And lemme clue you in, bub, since you didn't wanna hear it on Corellia. The wings aren't 'cause we're birds. And how we got them isn't really a nice story, either, and I don't want to give my kids nightmares, okay?

Anyway, good night... and can we stop the petty race remarks?
_________________

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 1695

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:31am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

I'm out too. The stupidity in this channel is corrupting the feed.

Oh, and I thought of something. How about the fact that we're the only ones that are daring to oppose the Empire? I think that's the greatest act of benevolence this galaxy's ever seen.

== Log out ==
_________________
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 1091
Location: In the shadows...

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:34am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ignore this post, nothing to see here...please move along.
_________________


Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega




Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand


Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:37am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 586
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:35am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Well, mabye if SOME people didn't go back and completely edit their post... :P

Quote:
We don't go around making big, giant, over-emphasized actions to show the rest of the world we're so almighty and benevolent.


What government are you working for? You don't go around showing the rest of the galaxy you're almighty and benevolent? Then why do you interrupt a persons will to spew propoganda? Why do you interrupt announcements to spew propoganda?

The only ones daring enough to oppose the Empire? We aren't trying to make you do anything. We aren't taking land left and right from people. The entire Rebel Alliance is about 5 years in the past.
_________________
Galactic Empire
ISB Director Ravik Shadowstalker




595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"



Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.


Last edited by Ravik Shadowstalker on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:36am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Borsk Fey'lya
Member


Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Posts: 9

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:38am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Spare us your poor attempt at making a philosophical entry in a journal of history that will never exist, Mr. Skirata.

Mr. Shadowstalker, we will never limit free speech. Your people have done the same, if not worse, and it has also translated into real life. May I refer you to the Mon Calamari trial of UnuFlint? That was democratic process, slow and symbolic as it may be, and your government was not even patient enough to give that a chance. I suggest you stop slinging the mud long enough to wipe it off of your own eyes, sir.
_________________
Consular Borsk Fey'lya

Expand


Last edited by Borsk Fey'lya on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:38am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 1091
Location: In the shadows...

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:38am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ravik Shadowstalker wrote:
Well, mabye if SOME people didn't go back and completely edit their post... :P

Quote:
We don't go around making big, giant, over-emphasized actions to show the rest of the world we're so almighty and benevolent.


What government are you working for? You don't go around showing the rest of the galaxy you're almighty and benevolent? Then why do you interrupt a persons will to spew propoganda? Why do you interrupt announcements to spew propoganda?

The only ones daring enough to oppose the Empire? We aren't trying to make you do anything. We aren't taking land left and right from people. The entire Rebel Alliance is about 5 years in the past.



If memory serves, it was the Rebel Alliance that declared the formal state of war one year ago...
_________________


Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega




Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 92

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:41am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

My memory is also well, and I recall that the treaty itself was formally ended by Moff Jendob first. I didn't want to give a false testimony to something that in actuality didn't exist. There is too much different to be a state of peace. I have fought for peace all my life, and I still am, but it is unattainable in this present enviroment. You also fail to acknowledge that the Empire blatantly accused an innocent man to death. What greater action of "crossing the line" could there be?
_________________
Leia Organa Solo
Chief of State of the Rebel Alliance

 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Borsk Fey'lya
Member


Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Posts: 9

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:42am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

An excellent point, Chief of State. The Empire does make big, ornate displays, but they falter on the smallest things - the things that hold democracy together. How, then, can the galaxy believe that it is not an elaborate facade?
_________________
Consular Borsk Fey'lya

Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 1091
Location: In the shadows...

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:42am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Quote:
You also fail to acknowledge that the Empire blatantly accused an innocent man to death. What greater action of "crossing the line" could there be?


I seem to remember that trial vaguely...who conducted the trial?
_________________


Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega




Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 586
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:43am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

The treaty was ended for revisement. And just because theres no treaty does not give you an excuse to declare war.
_________________
Galactic Empire
ISB Director Ravik Shadowstalker




595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"



Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 92

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:43am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Moff Yittreas, General Treshan and Moff Jendob were all present, if memory serves.

Quote:
And just because theres no treaty does not give you an excuse to declare war.


Is this galaxy so politically correct that a faction can't defend itself? There were several near-breaking instances within the Galactic Ball itself, compounded by the Imperial attempted assassination of my husband, and the false inditement of Admiral Antilles.
_________________
Leia Organa Solo
Chief of State of the Rebel Alliance



Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:45am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 586
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:46am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

No one had ordered that incident to occur. And besides, your husband is not an innocent man. He had a lot of crimes on his list, from not too long ago.

Crimes, I might add, that would be illegal in the Alliance as well.
_________________
Galactic Empire
ISB Director Ravik Shadowstalker




595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"



Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.


Last edited by Ravik Shadowstalker on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:47am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 1091
Location: In the shadows...

 Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:47am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Leia Organa Solo wrote:
Moff Yittreas


There's your problem right there.
_________________


Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega




Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » To The Galaxy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum