}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
To The Galaxy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » To The Galaxy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 01:19am    Post subject:

All right, everyone shut up. That's an order, from the Supreme Moff, and me. First off, Jax, don't play nice guy. That's dumber than Solo here trying to be intellectual.

Secondly, we've shown the Rebels the proof a thousand times. You just discount it and ask for something else. But if you really want hard proof, I'll give it to you: my homeworld.

Thanagar was a worn-torn planet for centuries. Hells, the only reason the agricultural output is so high today is because there's enough rotting bodies to fertilize the soil for a hundred years. Anyway, only recently have the civil wars ended, and even then, reconstruction was pretty rough. A lot of people were still poor and homeless. Taxes were nominal, but only to prevent revolt. At the rate they were collected, it would take decades for Thanagar to recover.

That changed when the Empire came. Now, understandably, the Thanagarians were nervous about us at first. I have it on good authority that their military was poised to attack for half a year after we talked them into joining. And yes, they were talked, not forced.

The Empire poured massive amounts of money into rebuilding the planet, and not just that: they provided engineers, technicians, administrators, teachers... they joined us a eight days before Palpatine's death. By the time the Tatooine Accords were signed (2 months to the day after he passed away), Thanagar had made a complete turnaround. Employment had increased 10-fold, taxes were down, and the government was still making enough to improve things. The old ghettos are fixed up, and you can actually walk through them at night without worry.

Is that enough proof? Or how about when Anaxes told the Empire they didn't want to join? We left them in peace. The Empire you say we are would've landed stormtroopers or just slagged the place.

Now, what's the Rebel's credentials? And I want hard proof... not idealism. What have you done in the past five years that was so wonderful, huh?

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 01:32am    Post subject:

The Empire's also tried to "help" Ord Mantell. All that it's done is fund guerillas to patrol the streets for them.

Perhaps the Thanagarian people had something to offer the Empire. There are far more examples against what you're claiming than are for it.
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 01:34am    Post subject:

Kalydon Skirata wrote:
Anyway didn't you get kicked out of the diplomatic talks that the Moff and your wife were discussing?
That could explain why you lack the understanding of the change.

Not just me, pal. Birdy up there got the boot as well. After that long, drawn out speech of hers up there, I can see why.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 01:43am    Post subject:

Han Solo wrote:
Kalydon Skirata wrote:
Anyway didn't you get kicked out of the diplomatic talks that the Moff and your wife were discussing?
That could explain why you lack the understanding of the change.

Not just me, pal. Birdy up there got the boot as well. After that long, drawn out speech of hers up there, I can see why.

Her speech made more sense than the usual "The Imps are evil, shoot them" crap.
I've been to Thanagar myself; spent a good year as it's defense commander, read up on it's history, visited the planet, chatted with the locals; out of uniform mind you...alll of what she said is true.
That planet had massive improvments.

Quote:
There are far more examples against what you're claiming than are for it.

Perhaps you could provide these examples to prove your case instead of making unsupported statements?

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 01:51am    Post subject:

We're starting on Mantell, too, Nevin. But it's not easy with some old friends of yours shooting at us, y'know?

Expand
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:02am    Post subject:

They wouldn't be shooting if you wouldn't be giving them reason to. Actually, I overheard that one of the leaders was trying to end hostilities by...fulfilling a requirement set by the Empire, and the forces instead betrayed her. Sounds like the actions of an untruthful government, y'know?

Quote:
Perhaps you could provide these examples to prove your case instead of making unsupported statements?

I already gave one. Since I left the Empire, I don't know what the latest atriocities that you are up to include. The Empire is no stranger to hiding information. Trust me on that one, I've had to hide the bulk of it, and I know for a fact it still happens, no matter how "humanitarian" the Empire tries to put itself out as.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:04am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:18am    Post subject:

So your only example is one that is partially based on opinion? Now, how about you answer the question: What have you done in the past five years thats so wonderful?

If spreading negative propoganda is your only hope of gaining support, you're failing horribly at it. The Empire atleast has plenty of examples where we've done our best to assist others. The Alliance says they do, but I've never heard any of you, even your security chief, say one thing that you've done that is good.

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"

Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:19am    Post subject:

Quote:
They wouldn't be shooting if you wouldn't be giving them reason to. Actually, I overheard that one of the leaders was trying to end hostilities by...fulfilling a requirement set by the Empire, and the forces instead betrayed her. Sounds like the actions of an untruthful government, y'know?

...Hmm. I'll look into that. Who was your source?

Expand
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:20am    Post subject:

I'm not at liberty.

Quote:
So your only example is one that is partially based on opinion?

Millions of Mantellians can't be wrong.

Quote:
Now, how about you answer the question: What have you done in the past five years thats so wonderful?

We don't go around making big, giant, over-emphasized actions to show the rest of the world we're so almighty and benevolent. We tend to focus on the citizens we have and make their lives better. You, on the other hand, seem to only want to breed perfect examples to show the rest of the galaxy. Come on, this bullshit has been going on since the OLD REPUBLIC and it's not stopping any time this millenium.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:23am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:23am    Post subject:

Ravik Shadowstalker wrote:
If spreading negative propoganda is your only hope of gaining support, you're failing horribly at it. The Empire atleast has plenty of examples where we've done our best to assist others. The Alliance says they do, but I've never heard any of you, even your security chief, say one thing that you've done that is good.

Wow, you saved ONE planet full of bird people. You call that plenty of examples?

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:23am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:25am    Post subject:

What's the estimated population of the planet again? That's plenty examples if you ask me. And of course it isn't the only one, its just the only one so far in this conversation. And I'l ask yet again. What has the Alliance done in the past five years thats so wonderful?

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"

Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:27am    Post subject:

Uh, hello, are you dense? Look up.

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:27am    Post subject:

There are 900 million people who think it was damned good example, Solo. And lemme clue you in, bub, since you didn't wanna hear it on Corellia. The wings aren't 'cause we're birds. And how we got them isn't really a nice story, either, and I don't want to give my kids nightmares, okay?

Anyway, good night... and can we stop the petty race remarks?

Expand
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:31am    Post subject:

I'm out too. The stupidity in this channel is corrupting the feed.

Oh, and I thought of something. How about the fact that we're the only ones that are daring to oppose the Empire? I think that's the greatest act of benevolence this galaxy's ever seen.

== Log out ==
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:34am    Post subject:

Ignore this post, nothing to see here...please move along.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:37am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:35am    Post subject:

Well, mabye if SOME people didn't go back and completely edit their post... :P

Quote:
We don't go around making big, giant, over-emphasized actions to show the rest of the world we're so almighty and benevolent.

What government are you working for? You don't go around showing the rest of the galaxy you're almighty and benevolent? Then why do you interrupt a persons will to spew propoganda? Why do you interrupt announcements to spew propoganda?

The only ones daring enough to oppose the Empire? We aren't trying to make you do anything. We aren't taking land left and right from people. The entire Rebel Alliance is about 5 years in the past.

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

Last edited by Ravik Shadowstalker on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:36am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Borsk Fey'lya

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:38am    Post subject:

Spare us your poor attempt at making a philosophical entry in a journal of history that will never exist, Mr. Skirata.

Mr. Shadowstalker, we will never limit free speech. Your people have done the same, if not worse, and it has also translated into real life. May I refer you to the Mon Calamari trial of UnuFlint? That was democratic process, slow and symbolic as it may be, and your government was not even patient enough to give that a chance. I suggest you stop slinging the mud long enough to wipe it off of your own eyes, sir.

Expand

Last edited by Borsk Fey'lya on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:38am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:38am    Post subject:

Ravik Shadowstalker wrote:
Well, mabye if SOME people didn't go back and completely edit their post... :P

Quote:
We don't go around making big, giant, over-emphasized actions to show the rest of the world we're so almighty and benevolent.

What government are you working for? You don't go around showing the rest of the galaxy you're almighty and benevolent? Then why do you interrupt a persons will to spew propoganda? Why do you interrupt announcements to spew propoganda?

The only ones daring enough to oppose the Empire? We aren't trying to make you do anything. We aren't taking land left and right from people. The entire Rebel Alliance is about 5 years in the past.

If memory serves, it was the Rebel Alliance that declared the formal state of war one year ago...

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:41am    Post subject:

My memory is also well, and I recall that the treaty itself was formally ended by Moff Jendob first. I didn't want to give a false testimony to something that in actuality didn't exist. There is too much different to be a state of peace. I have fought for peace all my life, and I still am, but it is unattainable in this present enviroment. You also fail to acknowledge that the Empire blatantly accused an innocent man to death. What greater action of "crossing the line" could there be?

Back to top »
Borsk Fey'lya

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:42am    Post subject:

An excellent point, Chief of State. The Empire does make big, ornate displays, but they falter on the smallest things - the things that hold democracy together. How, then, can the galaxy believe that it is not an elaborate facade?

Expand
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:42am    Post subject:

Quote:
You also fail to acknowledge that the Empire blatantly accused an innocent man to death. What greater action of "crossing the line" could there be?

I seem to remember that trial vaguely...who conducted the trial?

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:43am    Post subject:

The treaty was ended for revisement. And just because theres no treaty does not give you an excuse to declare war.

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:43am    Post subject:

Moff Yittreas, General Treshan and Moff Jendob were all present, if memory serves.

Quote:
And just because theres no treaty does not give you an excuse to declare war.

Is this galaxy so politically correct that a faction can't defend itself? There were several near-breaking instances within the Galactic Ball itself, compounded by the Imperial attempted assassination of my husband, and the false inditement of Admiral Antilles.

Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:45am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:46am    Post subject:

No one had ordered that incident to occur. And besides, your husband is not an innocent man. He had a lot of crimes on his list, from not too long ago.

Crimes, I might add, that would be illegal in the Alliance as well.

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

Last edited by Ravik Shadowstalker on Sat, September 09th 2006 02:47am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 02:47am    Post subject:

Leia Organa Solo wrote:
Moff Yittreas

There's your problem right there.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » To The Galaxy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: