}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
To The Galaxy
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » To The Galaxy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 04:13pm    Post subject: To The Galaxy

A holoscan of a man approximately 180 centimeters in height scans into the holonet. The uniform is that of the Grand Marshal of Imperial Air Forces, with a sable serge cape slung over his right shoulder. His eyes are intense, his face stoic almost to the point of depression. His voice is heavy, but clear, as he speaks.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Galaxy, and especially to those of power.

Good evening, one and all. My name is Carnor Jax, Grand Marshal of Imperial Air Forces. The last time you saw me, I was in a jail cell after protecting those I serve with. I come before you now not to appologize for an event, but this time to offer my plea to all to prevent what seems inevitable.

With the breakdown of the last Treaty of Corellia, hostilities between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance have escalated nearly to the point that they had reached in the Galactic Civil War. I was alive, and watched the state of the galaxy degenerate into full-fledged slaughter under Palpatine's rule, and at the time I believed that the Rebels were in the wrong. I believed they were being selfish in wanting to preserve an archaic Senate that had allowed itself to become so thoroughly corrupted that it would spend years deliberating while people suffered, died.

I have since broken through the fog of that training to see the truth: that Palpatine was manipulating the entire galaxy to serve his own selfish interests. It was for that reason that I did not mourn for Palpatine's death, and why Lord Vader's ascension to the throne went unopposed. It was for that reason that I did not break away from the newly-born Empire in an attempt to eliminate the Alliance. It was for that reason... that my warrior bretheren sought peace.

And peace we had, for a short while... until the events of Mon Calamari. Since then, diplomacy has degenerated, hostilies have flared, and the Galaxy once again stands on the brink of war. Of a conflict that, while some predict only a small handful of deaths, could decimate everything we know with the fury and hatred that boils in the veins of the combattants. Alliance and Empire, toe-to-toe, with nothing between them to stem the fight.

I am here today, Ladies and Gentlemen of the Galaxy, to offer my most sincere plea to the Alliance, as I have before. Do not judge the Empire by the regime of the past, but instead embrace the future. Consider that since Palpatine's death the genocide of the old Empire has ceased, that diplomacy has flourished where the iron fist once held sway, and that all have prospered since then.

This upcoming war is not by the will of the Empire to conquer, but by the will of the Alliance to exterminate one of the events that shaped the course of history. They see only the dim shadows of a dark past, a span of forty years where war was all the Galaxy knew. Even now, in a tranquil calm, they see only bloodshed when they look into my eyes, when they see my rank, when they view my ship. They see only a relic of a passed age that needs to be expunged, and they will stop at nothing to get it.

I am begging not those in power, but the citizens of the galaxy to rise up and ask the Alliance not to let these hostilities overflow into full war. To beg that they see the Empire for what it is now as opposed to what it was, and to see what it could be with a little bit of trust. Trust that, I believe, we have paid our own sweat and blood to regain after the atrocities of Palpatine.

Believe that peace will work, and flourish it will.

The holoscan bows its head before winking out of existence, silence ringing in its absence.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 04:30pm    Post subject:

I thought you of all people would've learned by now that these little pep talks don't do any good and always end with a mud slinging match from both sides. But I guess you learn slow...

And just so you get all your facts straight - we ain't the ones screaming for war. Hell, we vowed to stay put till you come knocking on our door. You Imps need to make the first move to start a war, pal. Not the other way around.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Fri, September 08th 2006 04:31pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 04:32pm    Post subject:

Nice words, but words don't mean anything spoken by a snake. You are one of the greatest relics of Palpatine's era, Jax, and the giant publicity stunt that you're making just makes me laugh.

I know the Empire, pre and post Palpatine, and there are some that weren't happy and still aren't. Some are too afraid to come out of their shell, but the vast majority are backwards-thinking idiots. How do I know? I was inbetween those two classes until I finally left the Empire. The war wouldn't have happened if the treaty wasn't a total joke - we weren't the ones that walked out of a democratic trial and we weren't the ones that tried to assassinate Solo and place the blame on, er, me.

If anything, Grand Marshal, the people want this war. Look at the Holonet archives from last year. Every member of the Alliance and the Empire were on each other's throats. What good's peace if it means nothing to the people? What's happening now is what the people want.

Now, I suggest you shut up and get back to disembowling Imperial dissidents.

That felt so good. I rarely explode on the Holonet. :p

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Fri, September 08th 2006 04:37pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 04:38pm    Post subject:

There is a first time for everything, Commander Solo. Hope is one of the precious comodities of sentience, and relinquishing that is the first step to truly loosing your humanity.

My point is that I see evidence of members on both sides itching for a fight, and if something accidental should happen, be it an earthquake on Carida or an eruption on Mon Calamari... well, I know tensions have broken into war over events less than that. I just want to try and assuage the overwhelming tension before something causes it to snap.

It would be an easy accusation that a cloaked vessel could cause an eruption, or perhaps an asteroid altered course with a tractor beam was the work of the enemy side and breach the "you-shoot-first" mentality. All those who are itching for battle need is an excuse... you of all people should remember that, Commander.

Speaking to you, Commander Antilles, I would suggest you look further into your records before you make that sort of sweeping generalization. I do not want to fight, nor does General-Admiral Cartos. I am seeing more provocation from your allies than mine own... which is why my plea is to you, and not the other way around.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Expand

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Fri, September 08th 2006 04:41pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 04:39pm    Post subject:

What is it with everyone trying to be a great philosopher? Especially when what they're talking about is totally different than that person's own actions.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Fri, September 08th 2006 04:41pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 04:48pm    Post subject:

To break into philosophy again, Nevin, The able-bodied must take up the sword and defend themselves, for if they don't... who will? I have never struck in agression to another party, only ever doing what is necessary to neutralize a threat. If you will recall the only time you have ever seen me act agressively, I was pardoned by Master Skywalker as well as the New Jedi Order from any wrongdoing.

I am not saying you are wrong, again the ability to have your own opinion is another of the things that envelopes sentience. I am not begrudging you your opnion, I am merely stating that myself, as well as a multitude of others, have our own that is contradictory. Not that one side is right and the other wrong, just saying that it is not worth spilling blood over.

Expand

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 04:50pm    Post subject:

...you just contradicted yourself.

You would still be acting first if you moved an asteroid or threw a ship at us to cause an eruption...somewhere. As far as I'm concerned, that still falls under you taking the first step. And even if it wasn't you, we're smart enough to investigate the problem first before stepping out with guns blazin'.

That helmet of yours must be screwed on tighter than I thought and cutting off circulation to your brain.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 04:53pm    Post subject:

Commander Solo, might I request that you review my previous statements..?

I am suggesting not that such an attack would take place, but that a natural event such as that could be propogandized into a stealth attack by one side or the other, and thus lead to the outbreak of battle.

Expand

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 04:59pm    Post subject:

No, I think you better review what I said.

I mentioned that we'd investigate the problem first if something like that would happen. We're not all wild rancors foaming at the mouth and waiting for the first opportunity to gobble you all up. :roll:

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Nora Stark
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 05:02pm    Post subject:

Oh, look at how quickly Solos words have come true. I see mud on the walls already. It's a good thing that we're not all actually in a meeting room, or I would not be suprised to see bodies on the floor very soon.

Are the peace negotiations over all ready or is this simply more speed bumps?

Credits: 2,024,526,850
---------------------------
Just Another Broadcast with George Q'Bert - The most watched fake news program in the galaxy!
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 05:56pm    Post subject:

I'm afraid they have ended. The war has not been resolved peaceably. However, some good did come from the meeting in that this war will be nothing like the brutal and barbaric Civil War. Civilians, noncombatants, and medical personnel are all protected. Atrocities will no longer be swept under the rug or dressed up... but prosecuted for the crimes that they are.

That said, the Empire will hold the door open for peace with the Alliance at all times. I can only pray that this war will end as quickly as it took to start.

And this isn't just philosophical sophistry or propaganda, Nev--erm, Admiral Antilles, though I suppose one could argue it stems from selfish reasons.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 07:17pm    Post subject:

I wasn't commenting on you, Moff, I was talking about Marshal Jax himself.
Aedile

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 07:42pm    Post subject:

For one of the very few times in my existence I actually find myself in agreement with the Grand Marshall...I must remember to have my head examined.
I must have become ill lately because I could have sworn he was a cold blooded and methodical killer and not one of the hopeful.

Now as a soldier if it comes to bloodshed I will fight with every fiber of my being, but as a sentient person I hope the conflict can be resolved before blood is spilled on either side.
Not that there is much hope for this galaxy...

Yes mud has been slung at both sides, yes people seem to want a war...but should the leaders of the Alliance and the Empire bend to their whims?
Do we live by mob rule? I thought we were more civilized than that!
What is the right choice? What is the morally acceptable choice here?

As a warrior, people would expect me to be a rather violent person...to correct that incorrect assuption I have more hope for a peaceful solution than I ever really did. The sucess of the Supreme Moff to get a form of a treaty is one victory in the movement to an end of the hostilities...whether people will go the way of bloodlust or enlightenment is up to them.

This war, since both sides are fully developed militaries will be enormous if not apocalyptic. Think of how many casualties that will occur from it.

How do you want your children to remember this event? A movement for peace...or yet another battle in a long web of death and destruction that this galaxy is plagued by?

Yeah I know I am going to be railed for even saying anything...but whatever.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Fri, September 08th 2006 07:52pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 07:58pm    Post subject:

Since when did the Empire turn into the moral bunch?

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 08:03pm    Post subject:

I wasn't aware it was a crime, Commander.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 08:06pm    Post subject:

Han Solo wrote:
Since when did the Empire turn into the moral bunch?

It is wrong and/or impossible to have a sense of morals and be an officer of the Empire at the same time? I was not aware of this.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 08:22pm    Post subject:

Yea, that's right. I don't buy this 'quest for peace' act for one second. If you are such practitioners of peace, how 'bout seeing some proof? Sure, you could make yourselves look good and continue to preach your open-ended promises here, or you could show some action. Besides, who would believe the words of a group of people under the leadership of the man that caused genocide on entire planets and earning himself the title of the most hated man in the galaxy?

Stop with the pretty words and show us some of this peace. Oh, and I'd love to see how you've changed while you're at it. C'mon. Make me believe.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 08:26pm    Post subject:

Quote:
earning himself the title of the most hated man in the galaxy?

Actually, I believe that torch was passed as of last year to one of your own, Commander... a certain Mr. Victorinox who singlehandedly succeeded in turning every single other government in this Galaxy on your precious Alliance.

Expand

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 08:28pm    Post subject:

Oh, I see how it is. You find that more disturbing than a man wiping out entire star systems?

I think I just proved my point...

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 08:40pm    Post subject:

I didn't say which I found more disturbing... just that someone could actually be despised more than a Galactic Emperor. As for how we've changed, I frankly grow tired of having to repeat, but slavery is abolished, we don't melt worlds to glass anymore, or reduce them asteroid fields... we don't massacre entire civilizations over minor quarrels, beings other than male baseline humans can hold a rank above Corporal, we actually released you back to the Alliance... of course, considering how you were ejected from the talks, I don't know if the Alliance counts that as more of an attack than anything else.

Expand

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 11:03pm    Post subject:

Supreme Moff, are you saying you have not broken the law since the 'reformation' of the Galactic Empire?
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 11:07pm    Post subject:

Sir, in my honest opinion, I say we forget about this. Of course keep the peace available at any time, but frak these arguments.

Solo, Antilles, we don't have to prove a thing to you. We've already given you the proof hundreds of times already. If you want solid proof, why don't you take us up on our offer, and see what happens? Of course, you won't, I mean, naturally, no one is as moral or more than the Alliance. It sickens me that so many lives will be shed due to the irresponsibility of the Alliance's leaders.

And Solo, we can't exactly prove anything. Does anyone have a scientific method for figuring out a persons ideals? Anyone? So when a toll of billions of death starts racking up, will you realize that you could have done something, only if you didn't think with your reproductive organs and instead thought with your mind? When you do, I better not see you complaining.

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"

Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.
 Back to top »
Nora Stark
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 11:41pm    Post subject:

What exactly is the reason that a deal wasn't reached? Failure to agree to terms? A missed deadline? One side or the other refuse to cooperate? Is there any reason that negotiations can't continue, seeing as real fighting has not yet broken out?

Credits: 2,024,526,850
---------------------------
Just Another Broadcast with George Q'Bert - The most watched fake news program in the galaxy!
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 11:50pm    Post subject:

Don't worry, Stalker, I won't be complainin.'

Anyway, you refuse to show us some evidence and action of this so-called peace movement of yours? I think that's all I need to hear. Let that be a warning to the rest of the galaxy that the Empire don't sow what they reap.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 12:06am    Post subject:

I don't see any kind of peace movement out of the Alliance. Too busy sharpening your blades perhaps?

Anyway didn't you get kicked out of the diplomatic talks that the Moff and your wife were discussing?
That could explain why you lack the understanding of the change.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » To The Galaxy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: