}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Imperial Fifth Fleet
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Imperial Fifth Fleet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferdinand Cartos
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 05:54pm    Post subject:

Cartos met the mans gaze, Torr's visage reflected in te nearly opaque blackness of the Admiral's sunglasses. He paused a moment, then lifted his right arm towards the company as he spoke. His voice was soft, but commanding, with a touch of venom. "Commander Torr, I believe I told you to show me these men were ready for combat. I will be most anxious to hear how your men feel this is showing me that they are..."

He turned to face the company, assuming a parade rest. he let the tension sink in a moment, before a smile touched his lips. "No inspection-ready unit has ever succeeded in combat, Commander, and I am most pleased to see that these men understand that. It is clear that they are more concerned about combat than they are their dress appearance... and you have my congratulations."

He turned to Torr, and folded his arms before him. "I have spoken with Colonel-General Scyntor, and it has been agreed that, if your unit was ready, was to be transfered to the Acclamator lander Mjolnir. With Grand Marshal Jax's call to another assignment, the Crimson Stormtroopers find themselves without an officer that understands the full extent of their skills. We came to the conclusion that your IntelForce woudl serve as perfect squad commanders, and you commanding the Legion. What have you to say?"

"Your intentions, whatever they may be, are irrelevant. The only things that matters is what you did, and what I am going to do to you because of it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex - "What are you doing?" "Getting ready to nuke the planet." says:
I have you outnumbered and outgunned 2 to 1, so please go easy on me

Sōsuke [Aizen] says:
"Good evening. This is an Imperial experiment to determine exactly how many turbolaser blasts it takes to completely liquify a planet." *FIRE* "One..."
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
"How many shots does it take to get to the mantle underlayer of a planet, Admiral Cartos?"
"Well, Billy, let's see..."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 06:10pm    Post subject:

Alex didn't let any emotion show on his face, he was too well trained for that, but he was pleased, and only slightly nervous. He'd been trained to handle large scale ground forces, so he was definately suited for the task, and he did have in depth knowledge of the Crimson Stormtroopers' abilities, and that would be valuable in combat.

Alex looked at Cartos, gazing at the man's glasses, and said, "I would be happy to lead the Crimson Stormtroopers, and IntelForce, sir."

Alex stood, waiting for the man's response, but still somewhat in thought. He would have to speak with several of his men to get their reactions to this change, but he was sure they wouldn't mind. Even if they did, it wouldn't matter, as it was their duty, but he would discuss their concerns if they had any nonetheless.

IntelForce

Back to top »
Ferdinand Cartos
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 06:15pm    Post subject:

Cartos noddd, studying the mans face a moment, then turned to the assembled troops. He spoke loud enough for the entire company to hear, but not in an overpowering voice. "I would like your inputs on this as well, soldiers. You are being asked to lead your own squads of Crimson Stormtroopers, groups of 24 and 25 each, utilizing all of your skills to lead some of our best troops. What do you say?"

"Your intentions, whatever they may be, are irrelevant. The only things that matters is what you did, and what I am going to do to you because of it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sōsuke [Aizen] says:
"Good evening. This is an Imperial experiment to determine exactly how many turbolaser blasts it takes to completely liquify a planet." *FIRE* "One..."
"How many shots does it take to get to the mantle underlayer of a planet, Admiral Cartos?"
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 06:32pm    Post subject:

The troops all looked like they were mulling the decision over in their heads, thinking over the potential pros, and cons of the arrangement. One or two, spoke up, asking general combat-related questions, and if they would operate any different than normal. Once those were answered, Alex stood in front of the troops, and said, "IntelForce! Those of you who feel you are not ready for this task, step forward now."

Alex waited for ten seconds, before continueing, pleased that no one stepped forward. They all knew their jobs, their duty, and they would perform their tasks with the best of their ability. "Any further questions?" A few raised their hands, and their questions were answered. After that, Alex turned back to Admiral Cartos, and said, "Sir. My men will be ready to depart in ten minutes."

Alex knew he was cutting it somewhat short with the time, and with normal soldiers, that amount of time might've been considered impossible, but IntelForce were trained to be ready to re-locate, or to head into battle at a moment's notice.

IntelForce

Back to top »
Ferdinand Cartos
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 06:58pm    Post subject:

Cartos nodded, smiling slightly. "Ten minutes it is, then. Admiral Skirata will be waiting. Dismissed."

He saluted Torr once before returning to the Admirals, for a final debriefing before being deployed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sōsuke [Aizen] says:
 Back to top »
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 09:26pm    Post subject:

It was eight minutes, and four seconds, before the last of the Intel Force operatives entered the hangar. Alex had gotten back in five minutes, but others took longer. The troop transports were now ready. The transports were going to head planet side in just two minutes, after the pilots had made their pre-flight checks.

From there, the Intel Force operatives would transfer to the Mjolnir, and assess their individual squads. From there, Alex would have to lay out his battle strategy, which was simple, yet very effective. He had been waiting for this day, and he was prepared for it.

IntelForce

Back to top »
Admiral Daala
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 09:39pm    Post subject:

“Not at this time, no. Daala out.” With that, she ceased communications with him again. While she found it slightly annoying that he had contacted her just to ask for standing orders, she figured it better to be prepared. Still, she hoped that such communications would remain at a minimum in the future.

Knowing that the time to move would be soon, Daala moved to her ships bridge.
 Back to top »
Veris Shadowsun
Private

Post Posted: Mon, September 18th 2006 08:17am    Post subject:

Daala spoke in clipped tones, evidently not one for speach's she was a whelp buy Veris's standard's, yes she had shown promising tactical skills according to her academy score's but she was not his elder, vengefully he placed her mentally in a catagory he reserved for the wives of Imperial officials. He cricked his hands together....if it had not beein for his need for rehabilitation following his near death at the battle of Fondor he would be the one issuing orders to her.

His respirator cycled once more inducing a wet cough from his lungs, he settled down into his command chair to catch his breat and cursed his cybernetic's once more...he would consult someone about improving his system's later on. Time cycled along with the shifts of his crew but his cybernetics maintained him in a near constant state of alert, one of the bonuses of his injuries....he thrummed the command chair, the Daala would probably not appreciate any calls....he turned to Captain Sayne

"I will be inspecting the fighter crew's, contact me on comlink if I am needed..."

Admiral Veris Shadowsun
Commander of the Fourth Systems Force

18,500 credits
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
James Taggart
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, September 19th 2006 07:00pm    Post subject:

More delays, thought Taggart, as he sat at the large table in the command room. It was as if the High Command liked giving him ulsers. Although the delays gave him time to perform a few tasks that had cropped up at last minute. He had just finished sending a team of engineers to the ESD Genesis to work on the weapons, and sensors, to synch them for the role the ship would play in the upcoming attack.

Sighing to himself, he leaned forward, and accessed his communications panel. Punching in a frequency, and encrypting the channel, he waited until the channel resolved, and the face of Admiral Cartos appeared on the screen.

"Admiral," said Taggart, "I hear you have a fail-safe system you wish to talk about. Detail your system for me."

---
Rory says:
... if you say I have a short temper one more time, I'll strangle you with a rope I will force you to braid using your own pubic hairs.
 Back to top »
Ferdinand Cartos
Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, September 20th 2006 03:48pm    Post subject:

Cartos turned to the holoscan of the Fleet Admiral and inclined his head slightly, an acknowledgement of authority. He smiled slightly at the orders, and trned to face the scanner more fully. Tapping a couple keys, he called up a holovid of the detailed system.

"The fail-safe, as you call it, is taken from an ancient Coruscanti method of communication, back in the days of sea-borne warfare without even so much as audio communications. It is an adaptation of a visual code used to transmit orders over distances without direct link."

He tapped a few more keys, and an upload to the Fleet Admiral's personal databanks began to commence from the Potestatem's databanks. "I've adapted it to conform to the running light systems of a Gauntlet-class Star Destroyer, enabling me to transmit orders over distances while maintaining radio silence. I am sure your technicians, once they master the basics of the system, will have no issue adapting it to any other class you would choose.

He folded his hands as he leaned towards the holotransmitter, brow furrowing slightly. "With all due respect, Sir, I believe you should adapt it to a number of different ships. Given the size of this fleet, not all will be able to see the command ship. If you have a relay system up that bypasses the need for operator interference, you can transmit orders to the entire fleet within seconds based on this method. My command engineer, Amerigo Corsova, will transmit the specifications I used for the Liberators under my command at approximately 1800 hours."

Cartos punched in a couple of commands on the padd next to him, signalling the engineering team to gatehr their notes and transmit them to the Dark Confidant. After that was finished, he looked back to the holoscan of Fleet Admiral Taggart. "Will that be all, sir?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sōsuke [Aizen] says:
 Back to top »
James Taggart
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, September 21st 2006 12:39pm    Post subject:

James allowed a smile to show on his face, and said, "Yes, it will. Good work, Admiral. I'll have my technicians work on it, and distribute it through the fleet." With that, James closed the channel, and set to work.

---
Rory says:
... if you say I have a short temper one more time, I'll strangle you with a rope I will force you to braid using your own pubic hairs.
 Back to top »
James Taggart
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, September 24th 2006 10:24pm    Post subject:

As James sat quietly behind his command room table, he thought instensely on the orders he just recieved. In ten minutes, the fleet would enter hyperspace, and attack an unsuspecting rebel planet. Thousands would die in minutes in the fierce fire-fight following the fleet's exit from hyperspace.

Leaning forward, he activated his communications panel, and opened simultaneous channels to Cartos, and Daala. Waiting for the two's faces to show up on the screen, he said, "Admirals. We've recieved the order. We're entering hyperspace in ten minutes. Transmit these coordinates to the various ships under your command. You two both have the strategies we'll use, and the plan of attack. That is all."

James shut down the comm, and moved to the bridge, watching the mission clock tick down. The galaxy was now only an hour or two away from becoming the massive war zone that it was in the Galactic Civil War.

Sighing, James glanced at the mission clock yet again. Thirty Seconds.

The seconds ticked by slowly, each second seeming like ten, when finally the clock hit zero. James squinted out the viewport, as the helmsman announced the transition into hyperspace, and the stars outside the viewports elongated into lines.

The Fifth Fleet is now enroute to Thyferra.

---
Rory says:
 Back to top »
Ferdinand Cartos
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, September 24th 2006 10:24pm    Post subject:

Cartos strode from his secondary bridge to the main bridge just as a communication was sent incoming from High Command. The General-Admiral turned to the communications console and nodded once, then strode to stand to the left of Captain Pierce. "Is my flagship ready?"

"The Potestatem is fully at your command, Admiral,"came the formal reply to his question. He smiled as he turned back to the communications console, as the transmisison came up on the bridge. The holoscan of Fleet Admiral Taggart looked grim in his immaculate uniform, his voice ringing so clearly it was as if he would make himself heard throughout the entire fleet without voice transmission.

"Admirals. We've recieved the order. We're entering hyperspace in ten minutes. Transmit these coordinates to the various ships under your command. You two both have the strategies we'll use, and the plan of attack. That is all."

Ferdinand Cartos threw a sharp salute, tips of his fingers brushing the top of his sunglasses, before taking a seat in the command chair. His fingertips touched the transmission switches, then he smiled as his fleet immediately shifted into its attack formation. He watched out the starboard viewport as an Imperator flashed its running lights in perfect unison with his orders, and as the lights rippled away from the command ship to the rest of his Force.

Cartos smiled as he settled back in his chair, breathing slow and steady to quell his anticipation, then flicked the communications channels and spoke a single phrase. "Initiate hyperspace launch in five... four... three... two... one..."

The First Task Force of the Imperial Fifth Fleet is enroute to Thyferra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sōsuke [Aizen] says:

Last edited by Ferdinand Cartos on Wed, October 18th 2006 07:55pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Admiral Daala
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, September 24th 2006 10:31pm    Post subject:

"Admirals. We've recieved the order. We're entering hyperspace in ten minutes. Transmit these coordinates to the various ships under your command. You two both have the strategies we'll use, and the plan of attack. That is all."

This was it. War was about to be upon them.

“Prepare the ships for hyperspace. Be ready to jump on my mark.”

Then order then came to head out. And the ships jumped to lightspeed.

The Second Task Force is on its way to the same location as the rest of the Fifth Fleet.
 Back to top »
James Taggart
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, September 24th 2006 11:08pm    Post subject:

As James stood on the bridge of the ESD Dark Confidant, in the middle of the fleet, he smiled, and motioned for his communications officer to open a hail to the entire system. He waited as the officer set the ship's comm on the right frequencies, and looked over a long line of reports streaming over his datapad. All of the ships in the fleet had their weapons fully charged, as well as shields, and were awaiting the orders to fire. Per their orders already sent before the move, each ship began aquireing targets.

Looking to his right, his communications officer looked up, and said, "Sir. We're transmitting."

Taggart nodded at the man, and said, "To any, and all Alliance personnel in system, you are to stand down immediatly. Power down your weapons, and shields. The Empire is taking control of this system. Any resistance will be met with swift, unceasing retribution. There will be no negotiation, no terms. Surrender now, or be destroyed."

James motioned for the officer to shut off the comm, and waited for the Rebels response.

---
Rory says:

Last edited by James Taggart on Fri, September 29th 2006 11:27pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
James Taggart
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, October 20th 2006 01:49am    Post subject:

Looking at the tactical display on the bridge of the ESD Dark Confidant, James' eyes narrowed slightly, and his face adopted a harder edge as the first sixty Rebel Turbolaser platforms were taken out of comission. Fourty of that number were destroyed completly. Sighing heavily, James closed his eyes, and wished the men, and women whatever peace the Gods would grant them in the afterlife.

Giving silent thanks to the powers that be that there was not a fleet present at the planet, thus causing more death, and destruction, James noted Admiral Cartos' orders, as they were being carried out. As he reviewed the list of orders, flashes of emerald light washed over the various features of the bridge, entering his periphial vision. The Admiral had made a good call, and hopefully this battle would be over quicker, and with less casualties on both sides because of it, but only time would tell.

---
Rory says:

Last edited by James Taggart on Fri, October 20th 2006 01:49am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, November 24th 2006 10:11pm    Post subject:

Scyntor watched in mute satisfaction as Admiral Skirata’s orders were carried out. The ship shifted slightly as the target locks were acquired, and the Colonel-General could feel a subtle vibration through his boots in the deckplates as massive amounts of power were drawn, fueling the turbolasers. The effect was astounding: The first demonstration of the Genesis’s power was unleashed upon the galaxy without a flaw.

The heads-up display on the forward viewports showed status reports of the fleet and of their foes. His dark lips creased into a cruel smile as his attention focused on the Golan assault platform, which was to bear the brunt of Skirata’s aggression. Emerald bolts hammered into the ship, which remained stable for the barest of moments before being obliterated by the barrage. Twenty-five of the Rebel’s X-1 turbolaser platforms followed suit, succumbing to the furious assault.

The bridge crew was doing their job well, and leaving the two commanders alone at the fore of the ship. It allowed Scyntor and Skirata the ability to speak to themselves about more broad matters than power draws and electrical conduit statuses… gave them the opportunity to finalize their plans for the coming invasion.

”Admiral, final check-in of the landing force is complete. All troopers stand ready and waiting for ground assault. And our “mynock” has expressed a rather… vehement interest in proceeding. He has received a priority 1 beacon frequency so he will know as soon as you do when the operation has begun.”

Scyntor shifted slightly on his feet as the displays cycled through updates. Soon… if the Fifth fleet was being as efficient as Omega, the wait would soon be over.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ferdinand Cartos
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, November 24th 2006 10:14pm    Post subject:

As the calculations were finalizing, Cartos rose from his command chair and strode towards a sculpture in his meditation chamber. He took a couple datapads from nearby crewmen heading for the Admiral, nodding to thank them for their work before continuing to the transparisteel. He looked at the facts and figures on the pads, and smiled to himself as the fleet shifted once again, clearing the firing paths for the next ships. Reports floated in through reflected channels about the effect of Strike Force Omega’s salvo, all of which seemed to agree on a 25% decrease in potential assault strength by the Rebel defense.

”Upload the results of our schematics to the remote access nodes, enable six-ship draw to them. Signal Admiral Daala, tell her that firing solutions and effectiveness predictions are ready for distribution to her fleet. Inform Admiral Taggart that his message was received and that the numbers stand ready for use within the fleet. Use encryption Sanctus.”

The bridge crew signaled their understanding and set about the task, Cartos let his eyes slip closed. The familiar voices of his command staff echoed off the durasteel, feeling the resonance of the sounds as intimately as a whisper in his ear. In a sense, the Potestatem had become a part of him, encapsulating him as through in living armor, with turbolasers for fists and hyperdrive for legs. The crew had become his blood, their voices his conscience.

And Thrawn… the Chiss Grand Admiral was Cartos’ memories. Even now he could hear that cool voice giving orders the young Captain couldn’t understand, and yet tenacity for victory remained with him through everything. Only once did the Grand Admiral fail to truly read his enemy, and as Cartos’ fingertips caressed the stone of the sculpture before him, he remembered how Thrawn had reacted.

The Warlord had shut himself in his meditation chamber for over a week, poring over that piece of artwork. Even now, faint echoes of his frustration spoke in the back of Cartos’ head, despite his attempts to curb Thrawn’s disappointment. It was only after a small fleet of light cruisers and one ancient Victory-class Star Destroyer had engaged the task force that Thrawn broke out of his depression and became the commander that was now legend among the upper echelon of the Navy.

Cartos returned to his command chair, flicking a set of keys to return the art gallery back to the schematics of the battle. Of particular importance was the status of the Rebel defense. It seemed that all of their efforts were going to waste. Even though his ship had once again been hit by fire, the shields were still holding. The Rebels didn’t even know how futile their efforts were. It was tragic, in a way, that they would realize too late the folly of resisting the might of the Empire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sōsuke [Aizen] says:
 Back to top »
Ferdinand Cartos
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, January 09th 2007 11:27am    Post subject:

The ships of the Fifth fleet peeled off and entered hyperspace as the futile blasts of the otuer perimeter of Rebel forces splashed against the rear shields of the outermost ships. The Potestatem moved to a slightly different vector and entered hyperspace as Ferdinand Cartos exited the turbolift that led to the bridge. The swirling blue vortex of hyperspace flashed around him as he activated a small control, transmiting his words to the entire ship.

"Attention all crew, this is Cartos. As we return to Coruscant, pack your things and prepare for departure, for when we reach the Galactic Capital we will be transfering from this ship, and will never return to it." He paused a moment, straightening his back as hushed whispers from the bridge control team reverberated across the durasteel. A slight smile touched his lips as he relaxed in the command chair, letting his fingers rove over the familiar controls one last time.

"Upon our return, we will transfer to the Executor-class Dreadnought Chimaera II. This promotion is not only due to the incredible service record all of you share, but for one more and far better reason... because our future commanding officer has accepted our posting. Ladies and Gentlemen, upon reaching Coruscant, we shall return to the command of Grand Admiral Thrawn.

The bridge was silent for a moment, then Cartos quickly thumbed the mute button as a wild cheer erupted not only from the crew, but from the entire ship. The screams and cries of pure elation reverberated through the deckplates of the ship with the news, and Cartos could not help but smile with the utter joy that filled the artifical atmosphere.

"You will all have one hour to pack and say your goodbyes to the Potestatem before the transfer is executed. That is all. To the bridge crew... I will take helm controls, to give you the opportunity to pack. All crew... dismissed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sōsuke [Aizen] says:
 Back to top »
Admiral Daala
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, January 26th 2007 01:12am    Post subject:

”…29, 30, 31, 32…”

For reasons she could not explain, Daala still found it surprising how effectively exercise relieved stress for her, and in some ways, calmed her down. It was not the best method she had come across in her years, but it did serve multiple purposes.

”…36, 37, 38, 39…”

And she needed to relieve some stress right now. Though it had been little over two weeks since the treaty had been signed between the Empire and the Rebellion, she still had a hard time believing it. It was not as surprising considering how long it had taken her to get over the first time she had heard that the Empire and Rebellion had ceased hostilities. That had taken quite some getting used to.

”…43, 44, 45, 46…”

It was times like this that she longed for the old days, before she had received a visit from the Supreme Moff. Before Endor, even.

”…48, 49, 50.”

Finishing her pull-ups, the Admiral sat on the floor and began a routine of sit-ups.

”1, 2, 3, 4, 5…”

She could not deny, of course, the improvements that had been made since then. She was no longer an oddity, nor seen as one. She no longer was looked down upon as inferior. The new system of the Empire did have that much going for it, at least. That, and the greatly decreased infighting. Not that it had disappeared completely.

”….14, 15, 16, 17…”

But the problem was that too many people no longer saw the Rebellion for what it was – a band of traitors. Traitors who did not deserve their government. And while Daala would of course obey orders that required her to act towards them as though they were legitimate, they could not stop her from viewing them for what they were – the enemy. And she hoped she would see the day when the Empire would finally crush them.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Imperial Fifth Fleet
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: