}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Mynock's Haven Cantina - Coronet(Surface)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Corellia » Mynock's Haven Cantina - Coronet(Surface)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 01:28am    Post subject: Mynock's Haven Cantina - Coronet(Surface)

It’s been said plenty of times that living in the past was some kind of bad omen. It was like a bad glass of Corellian whiskey at your side when you’re tryin’ to quit or had one too many. Or maybe to fit into the ‘proper’ times, I should compare it to a TIE fighter swinging down on your ass from above when you’re tryin’ to make a clean gettaway. Both situations present a crutch that’s holdin’ us back. In one, you have the booze and in the other, ya got the fighter. Well, that’s how a lot of people see the past - a crutch following us around that’s holdin’ us back. And well, coming from a guy like me with a shady background, I tend to agree with that comparison. But not tonight. Tonight I felt like dropping everything and letting the past hit me square in the face.

Of course, what better way to do that than end up in a darkened corner of the local cantina…

The Mynock's Haven Cantina wasn’t the best place in town. It sat way off of the main boulevard makin’ up Treasure Ship Row and if ya blinked, it‘ll be a sure bet you‘ll miss it. The real kicker is the fact that the tourists flock to the place like a tint fly to a bantha’s ass. They want to experience the “true Corellian culture” or some shit like that. It’s a bunch of nonsense if ya ask me, but I ain’t a critic. All I’m worried about is the atmosphere and makin’ sure they offer all the right stuff. And as far as I’m concerned, that’s a frosted mug of Spiced Corellian Ale served with those little hot cakes I always forget the name of. But I guess names aren’t important - at least, that seems to be the mentality of this place anyway. Drunkards, tourists and loners don’t seem to care about that stuff. And tonight, I seem to be falling awfully close to that loner category, so why should I care?

I say that because Leia and I had another one of our infamous arguments. They seem to be gettin’ more frequent lately and that’s when I find myself stumbling into a place like this. Sure, I can’t blame her being so uptight with ‘er carrying another kid and all, but she could’ve handled the situation at the meeting a lot better. She basically pinned me up against the wall and let those damn Imps shoot a blaster bolt between my legs. It’s bad enough havin’ to put up with those condescending Imps, much less have your own wife join in on their little game and shoot down everything you say against ‘em. I was only tryin’ to help, but I guess she failed to realize that.

In fact, a lot of people fail to realize that. I guess they don’t want some washed up smuggler dealing with their military affairs and speaking out on their behalf. Well, I could fix that little problem real quick and I’ll laugh when they start moanin’ when people like Borsk start really screwing things up. And they thought they had it bad with me as the Commander in Chief.

A thin smile came to my lips as I brought the mug of ale up to my mouth and took a long swig. Sure, it seemed like a laughing matter now, but it was something I was seriously considering since being captured by those damn Imps. The meeting earlier clenched the idea for me. I think I need to get outta the high command role. But as they always say, before doing something stupid, consult with someone who knew what they were doing. In my case, it was talking to Chewie.

The big oaf was sitting across from me in the booth with his shaggy head moving from side to side as he surveyed the room. He was drawing ominous looks from some of the tourists as they passed and if my situation wasn’t so damned serious, I would’ve joined him by throwing in some of my own choice words to really scare ‘em off. Instead, I settled for another long swig of ale before setting the mug down on the table heavily. The contents on the table shook at the impact and threatened to topple over the edge as ‘ole fur face jolted in his seat at the action and whipped his head around to glare at me. A low growl emitted from his throat as he caught a salt shaker that was teetering on the edge of the table.

“I don’t see why ya care,” I admonished him with a wave of my hand. “This place has mounds of dust, food scraps and who knows what else piled in the corners and you worry ‘bout a salt shaker falling and breaking. I doubt the servers would care.” I paused for a moment to cock my head over towards one of the scantily clad waitresses. The blonde caught my gesture and giggled before setting her tray of drinks down on a counter and disappearing into the crowd. Knowing my luck, she probably took that as a sign that I needed the company. What else could go wrong?

The Wook regarded the salt shaker for a moment before setting it back in its place on the table. He woofed something in an irritated tone before grabbing for one of those hot cakes in the center of the table and popping it into his mouth. When he swallowed, he continued to rattle on about my priorities being in the wrong place, not caring about things that mattered and no wonder Leia threw me out at the meeting.

I sat there frozen a minute, allowing his words to sink in as my anger built up. My jaw clenched together and I could feel my face beginning to grow warm but deep down, the damn Wook was more right than he realized. In fact, what he didn’t know is that I wanted to talk to him about that very thing. Maybe he sensed it too since he sat there with a confused look on his face and his head angled to the side as he regarded my reaction.

When I finally saw I couldn’t fool him any more than I could Leia, I threw my hands up into the air with an exasperated sigh and twisted away from him in my seat. “You know, pal,” I grumbled to no one in particular as I caught sight of that blonde waitress again. “Maybe you’re right. My priorities are all messed up.” A twisted smirk formed on my lips as I scoffed. I grew silent for a moment before turning back to face my co-pilot. “And I think it’s affecting more than ya realize.” My voice trailed off again as my eyes lowered to the tabletop. As if I wasn’t nervous enough talking about this in front of him, I began to trace a line through the crumbs on the table with my finger. Chewie woofed a question which triggered another rush of anger. Damn furball was never patient! “Yea, yea, I’m gettin’ there,” I snapped at him before my tone turned serious again. A heavy sigh escaped my lips and I sunk back into the chair, defeated. This wasn’t how a former mercenary and smuggler was supposed to act! But even then, the words just kinda flew outta my mouth before I knew what was going on. “Chewie, uh…how do ya think I’m doing as the Commander in Chief?”

There was a heavy silence that hung between us for a moment before Chewie’s blue eyes glittered with amusement. If he thought of this as a joke…I lowered my brow and glared at him with a hard gaze to make sure he knew I was being serious. The Wookiee’s expression changed instantly and his shoulders sagged as he moaned in response to my question.

My lips pursed together as I looked away from him with a sigh. “That’s what I thought,” I breathed heavily. But then again, was I really expecting anything more? I already knew I wasn’t cut out for the job and when Leia coaxed me into taking it, she insisted it was only temporary. If it was only temporary, then why the hell did I stick with the position for so long? Sometimes I can’t even make sense of myself. I can only imagine what Leia and Chewie must think. With another half smirk to try and lighten the mood, I wrapped my fingers around the mug of ale. “I’m stepping down, pal,” I said with some finality as I lifted the mug to my lips.

There was an inquiring woof from the other side of the table as the Wook finally realized the extent of the situation. “I’m done,” I repeated more forcefully. “Outta there. Through. Which one don’t ya understand?” Chewie roared and pounded his fists onto the table which made the salt shaker he had saved earlier topple to the floor. My eyes followed its descent for a moment before turning back to my best friend, who was drawing quite a few glances and frightened looks from the crowd around us. Apparently he didn’t care and continued to rattle on in his native tongue.

The more I sat there and listened to his rant, the more I came to realize that we were on two totally different mindsets. Of course, the big oaf took my declaration literally and he now thought I was turning my back on the Alliance and Leia permanently. I had to admit, it was tempting to just walk away and let ‘em fight their own war, but I guess I kinda got attached to the damn outcasts. I couldn’t just leave ‘em hanging and let the Empire tear ‘em apart. I’ll keep my commission - just not high up the ladder like the Commander in Chief. If it wasn’t for their sake, it was definitely for Leia’s.

I regarded the Wook for a moment with an arched eyebrow before laughing at him good naturedly. I let my body sag back against the chair before raising a hand to stop his rant. “I think ya better listen to me for a second before you draw anymore unwanted attention,” I grew silent and nodded my head at a group of drunks that had stopped just beside our booth. Chewie followed my gaze with his shaggy head and woofed a short sentence before falling silent himself. “Good, now listen. This ain’t what you think. I’m not gonna resign my commission and fly away in the Falcon never to be heard from again. I’m just steppin’ down as the Commander in Chief. I don’t know what I wanna do instead, but I’ll talk to Leia about that. I just don’t think I’m cut out to handle those kind of responsibilities. You said so yourself.”

A short grunt came out of the Wook to show that he agreed. I nodded my head and continued. “Now,” my finger pointed directly at Chewie’s shaggy head. “This stays between us for now, Chewie, ya hear? I don’t want anyone else getting any crazy ideas. Especially certain people in High Command.”

“Who might those ‘certain’ people be? If you don’t mind me askin’”

My hand reflexively flew down to my holster and rested on my blaster as I spun around and stood to face the newcomer who had barged into our conversation. Dammit, maybe coming to one of these joints was a bad idea after all. I forgot about all the people who love to eavesdrop and set you up. Anything to make a few credits and blow your head off in the process…

When I finally brought the blaster around to bear, I found myself staring down into the face of the blonde waitress that was trying to catch my attention earlier. She smiled seductively at me and inched her small frame closer to mine. “No need to get all jittery,” she cooed, reaching a hand up to trace the newly healed scare on my left cheek. “I know who you are. The Wookiee and the bloodstripes kinda give it away.” She smiled more openly as her other hand reached around and pinched my ass.

Now, I knew she looked desperate when I spotted her earlier, but touching me like that was taking things a little too far. Especially if what she said was true. If she knew who I was, she would’ve also known that I was married. In response to her gesture, I reached around and swatted her hand away from my backside while pressing the blaster closer to her exposed chest. “Cute,” I smirked sardonically before my expression turned serious. “But somehow I doubt you’re just an admirer. They usually don’t butt into personal Alliance matters. Whaddya want?”

She shrugged, causing one of the straps holding up her skimpy dress to fall off her shoulder. She made no effort to push it back up. “Maybe I’m interested in what kind of people drive the great Han Solo crazy.” Another one of her seductive grins spread over her face as she took a step back and began to walk around me, no doubt inspecting me. “Your wife perhaps?” This brought an irritated growl from Chewie, who began to rise from his position at the table. I shook my head curtly and motioned him to stay where he was at. I could handle some ditzy prostitute who obviously had no idea what she was talking about. “Or maybe that winged abomination?” She stopped on the opposite side from my blaster hand and placed her hands on her hips. “You know the one I mean.”

A lopsided grin spread over my features as I began to lower my defenses. The more she went on, the more it was obvious that she wasn’t dangerous. I replaced the blaster to the holster at my right thigh and turned to look at her. “I do,” I admitted with a sly grin. “But I ain’t saying it’s her. In fact, I ain’t saying anything more about it. You’re talking to the wrong person, doll. My lips are sealed.”

“I figured as much,” she moved closer again and drew a finger down my chest, stopping awfully close to my crotch. My hand was drawn into a fist and ready to grab her if she tried anything. “But I have something else that may interest you,” she whispered, leaning her face toward mine.

“No,” I spat, resting my hands on her shoulders and beginning to push her away. She clamped down hard on my right forearm and dug her fingernails in. With her other, she whipped something out of her dress and shoved it into my face. Chewie was on his feet by this time and making his way across the short distance between us and the table.

Clenching my teeth together against the pain her nails caused, I was in the process of bringing my blaster around again when I noticed the text on the small flyer she held in my face. No, you heard me right. It wasn’t some kind of weapon she thrust at me, it was an information flyer. And it was advertising a local Sabacc tournament being held at this very cantina. Now, that did sound like a good idea. It’s been a while since I was able to flex my skills at the popular game and it would be a welcomed relief to all the military hype I was used to lately. Besides, gaining a few credits wouldn’t hurt. Leia may even approve of that. Who knows, maybe I’d get lucky and end up with a sister for the Falcon.

With a scowl, I ripped the small flimsy out of her hand and studied it. It was today, but according to the flyer it had already started. I was ready to crumble it up into my fist and chuck it when I heard the blonde’s voice again above the din of the music and conversation. “See? Didn’t I say I had something else that would interest you?”

“What good will it do me?” I scoffed, gazing down into her face. She was still watching me like a Corellian sand panther. “It says it already started.”

Another smile crossed her features as she slowly took the announcement out of my hand. “Ah, but that’s where the flyer doesn’t give all the information,” she explained coyly. “Ya see, there’s always time to sign up after the rounds have started for experienced players. They find it wipes out the amateurs more quickly. You just need to know where to go wavin’ this little banner around. And I highly doubt the officials will turn down the opportunity to have Han Solo participate in their little tourny.” She paused for a moment to brush her hand across my chest again. “So, whaddya say hotshot?”

“Ain’t that cheatin‘?”

A small laugh escaped her lips as she took my arm. “You turned responsible,” she pointed out with a smirk. “You sure about turning down that Commander in Chief position?”

Okay, maybe she wasn’t so ditzy after all. She sure knew what to say to make it hurt. And she was obviously eavesdropping on our conversation longer than what I initially thought. I guess I didn’t have much of a choice now, did I? “I thought you said that didn’t interest you?” I shot back with my eyes narrowed. I could see Chewie out of the corner of my eye shifting his weight back and forth from foot to foot. He was obviously anxious to get outta here.

She just simply shrugged in response and began to move off into the crowd. “If you want to play, you know where to find me.”

My jaw was set into a tight line as I watched her disappear among the bar goers. I wasn’t gonna fall for her trick at first, but her words made me determined to play - to prove her wrong. Responsible? Ha! I’ll prove I wasn’t the right guy to lead the military and that I was the same average guy I always was.

My hand thrust into my jacket and pulled out a square, silver badge with nine blue circles highlighted on it. It was the rank insignia of the Commander in Chief. I glanced at it for a moment before handing it off to Chewie, who was standing at my side. “Here,” I mumbled. “Take this for me.”

The Wookiee whimpered a question but when he saw that my face was serious, he quickly grew quiet and stuffed the badge into the knap sack that hung low at his right hip. “And don’t lose it,” I warned him. “I don’t wanna have to use our winnings to pay back the Alliance for that piece of junk.”

I heard Chewie laugh at the idea and I just simply shook my head at his humor before trudging off into the crowds to find the mysterious blonde. I had a Sabaac pot to win and she was my ticket to getting in on the game. I pushed through the first line of people with Chewie directly at my back. This will be just like old times.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Thu, August 17th 2006 05:05pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 03:20am    Post subject:

Jase had walked into the bar, expecting to find a nice quiet table he could sit at and drown his despair. What he didn't expect was to see Han Solo and his wookiee sitting down to a game of sabaac in the very bar he had walked into. It was definitely an interesting turn of events and one he felt he should take advantage of. He walked over to the table, his black robes covering the DXT-3 armor underneath. The hood of the robes covered the top portion of his face and he kept it that way. Sitting next to Solo, he ordered a whiskey. " Deal me in," he said quietly, not bothering to acknoledge Solo.

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora
Leader of The Unknowns, Rogue Jedi, Smexy
The Hugh Hefner of Homicide

Jedi Powers: FS Roll
DT-III Armor: Having the right connections
Mace Windu's Lightsaber: Clever plotting
Getting away with murder: Priceless

Holder of the 10,000th post

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 06:22pm    Post subject:

It took maybe another half hour to track down the busty blonde admist the chaotic crowds, but once Han finally caught up with her, things started to run a bit more smoothly. She introduced him to the bar's owner and the overseer of the tournament who was a stout, older man with strong body odor and not much room for personal hygiene. Han reluctantly swapped a quick handshake with the man before he got down to business laying down the rules and finally, taking down his name to participate in the matches.

The process was fairly quick and it wasn't long before he was seated on a stool along with a wide range of other beings from across the galaxy trying their hand to win the pot. Chewie was on his right and the blonde woman one spot down from the Wookiee as Han glanced down at his current hand and grumbled.

The object of Sabacc was to add up all the face values to positive or negative 23(Pure Sabacc) without going over. Or to be closest to that value when the current round ended. Of course, there were other more complicated rules such as the interdiction field located at the center of each table and the fact that at any given time during the game, the face values could change. The interdiction field's purpose was to prevent the cards from changing by allowing the players to throw 'good' cards into the field for safe-keeping. But that never guaranteed a win.

Currently, Han held in his hand the Five of Flasks, The Evil One, the Nine of Staves and the Two of Staves which brought his current hand value to one. "Maybe this was a bad idea," he muttered under his breath to his partner who just woofed quietly in disgust.

The game was still in its early stages and anything could still happen, but Han's outlook still didn't look so great. With each changing of the cards, his values had gotten worse. It was like the blonde knew he would lose and wanted to humiliate him in front of tourists and natives alike. Knowing this establishment, the game probably was fixed and he was stupid enough to fall for it.

Han leaned back on his stool and fixed the blonde woman with a hard glare before his view of her was botched by a new occupant in the stool directly beside him. The figure was clad in a dark colored cloak with the hood pulled down over his face to obscure his features. He ordered a whiskey of some kind before easily falling into the flow of the game.

Shaking his head in disgust at the newcomer, Han turned back to his hand and waited for the right opportunity to confront the blonde that sucked him into this mess in the first place.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 06:48pm    Post subject:

Jase wasn't prone to cheating, of course, it did help. Using the Force to sense the flow of the cards as they were dealt, he had easily mounted his hand into seventeen. Taking a sip of the whiskey, he said softly, " Bad luck tonight? Maybe it would change if you paid more attention to the cards instead of the service staff." Jase kept his face hidden the entire time, unfortunately, the Force couldn't help him with the changing faces of the cards and he had to adjust his hand a few times. Fortunately, though, luck was on his side. He lay down his hand a few minutes into the round. " Twenty-three...", he said quietly.

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 08:08pm    Post subject:

A scowl crossed Han's features as he swiveled on the stool to face the mysterious, cloaked man. That damn ditz had set him up pretty good to begin with, he didn't need some stranger piling his own credits on top of it. "That has nothing to do with it," he sneered while teetering on the edge of the stool. "Why don't ya--"

An agitated grunt at his back caught Han off guard and he whipped his head around to face the Wookiee, turning his back momentarily to the stanger. "What?!" Han growled, annoyed. Chewie repeated his statement while waving a hairy arm at the man in the cloak. "He what? Twenty-thre--" Han's voice trailed off as his eyes went wide in surprise before narrowing again in anger. That son of a bitch scored Pure Sabacc in less than five minutes?! That did it!

Han spun back around to face the cloaked man and thrust an accusing finger into his face. "You cheated," he declared in a dangerous tone. "I didn't agree to participate in this thing only to be outdone by some rookie wearin' a mop over his head to hide his face. Whaddya got under there anyway? Skifter maybe?"

Some of the patrons in the immediate area turned and glowered at the man at the mention of a skifter - a method of cheating which involved a rigged card being substituted for a normal one in the deck. Han smirked at the reaction of the beings around him. This little game was about to turn nasty real soon if something wasn't sorted out.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 08:15pm    Post subject:

Jase sighed inwardly, turning to face Solo. He lifted his head enough to let Solo see his grey eyes. " Accuse me of skifting again and I'll permanently remove you frpm the game." Jase grabbed Solo, pulling him face to face, ignoring the wookiee behind him. " Now if you want some of this pot i suggest you let me play peacefully," Jase said in a tone only loud enough for the two to hear. He set him back, lowering the hood again amd turning back to his cards. " Guess I'm just lucky to have such good first round. Must have been a fluke," he said to the crowd.

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 08:44pm    Post subject:

When the man had retracted his grip on him, Han stumbled backward into the hairy bulk of Chewie with his hand resting securely on the butt of his blaster. The only things that were holding him back from pulling the firearm on the man was the close proximity of the others(it was sure to start a major bar brawl) and the fact that the man seemed familiar. Han had caught a glimpse of the man's face when he angled his head upward, but it wasn't enough for him to connect it to a name.

"Fluke," Han scoffed to the Wookiee. "We'll see what they consider a fluke around here. Looks like we may have to do some dealin' behind his back, pal. Keep a tab on that blonde. I got an idea." Chewie woofed something that sounded like a warning but Han just simply shrugged if off with a wave of his hand as he swaggered back to the stool he had occupied earlier.

"Ya know, maybe I had you all wrong," Han started in as he sat back down on the stool. "You could've just gotten lucky. I've been there before. So, congrats. But there's one thing I want you and me to be on the same terms on. I don't take bribes and I don't respond well to intimidation. You use that on me again, and your head is gonna be a permanent fixture to that display case over there along with some other important necessities, got it?"

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Thu, August 17th 2006 08:45pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 08:50pm    Post subject:

Jase rolled his eyes and sighed inwarldy, was the man really that dense? Honestly, hadn't he given him enough of a hint? The new hand was dealt and Jase quickly began accumulating his hand. The changes on the card faces were becoming more random and he had to rely less on the Force and more on luck. He kept up with the flow of cards, taking small sips of his whisky. Seven minute sinto the round and Jase laid down his hand quietly. " twenty-three," he said again.

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 09:09pm    Post subject:

Han ground his teeth together and glanced over his shoulder to mouth, "Again?!" to Chewie a few stools down. But even at this distance, it was obvious that the giant Wookiee was rolling his blue eyes at the situation. Did he know something Han didn't know? No matter, he'll get to the bottom of this eventually.

Frustrated, Han slammed his current hand down onto the counter and took a long swig of Corellian ale. He was already losing more credits than he was getting back. If this kept up, he was only good for one more round. Ignoring the man still sitting at his side, Han signaled to the droid dealer to count him in for the next go around. Maybe this time his luck would hold up.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 09:13pm    Post subject:

Jase shook his head softly at Solo's reaction. He put in his credits for the next round and turned to Solo. He would have to rile the man some more, it was mildly entertaining. The wookiee seemed to have an idea of what was going on, but Jase didn't think he was going to expose him. Jase faced Solo, " What do you say we raise the bets a little?"

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 09:28pm    Post subject:

Still facing forward, the only thing that moved to regard the other man was his eyes. Han was on his last nerve with this guy and the fact that Chewie was no longer offering him support made matters worse. Besides, this guy already won two rounds. What the hell did he need to raise the stakes for? But even then, Han wasn't one to turn down a challenge. Especially a challenge such as this.

A thin smirk tugged at his lips as he turned to face the man fully. "If ya think your luck will hold," he taunted the other. "It'll be a damn shame if you lost all that money now, wouldn't it?" Han pulled a few more credit chips out of his pocket and turned them around between his thumb and forefinger for a moment before tossing them into the center.

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Thu, August 17th 2006 09:29pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 09:52pm    Post subject:

Jase smiled beneath his hood, oh this was going to be very entertaining indeed. " I'll wager ten million credits...." He let that sink in on Solo amd the crowd, " ....Against your ship, do we have a deal?" This was going to be good....

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand

Last edited by Jase Denora on Thu, August 17th 2006 09:58pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 10:25pm    Post subject:

Against the Falcon? That was a joke. Han would've been willing to throw away any amount of credits, but his ship? Now way in all of the Nine Hells was he getting his hands on his ship! Han cocked an eyebrow and regarded the man for a second before shaking his head.

"No deal," he announced to the stranger somewhat reluctantly. "If you want my ship, you're gonna have to pry the controls from my dead hands 'cause I ain't throwing her away that easily."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, August 18th 2006 10:13am    Post subject:

Jase chuckled quietly as the cards were dealt. " Now, now Solo, let's not get touchy. I was just having a bit of fun with you. I know how much you value your dear Falcon." He began lining up his cards, shocked at what was happening. He had decided to go easy this time around and not use the Force. Yet, pure luck was on his side and he had a Pure Sabaac in the second draw. " Twenty-three," he said, laying his cards down. With that he stood and gestured for Solo to come off to the side. " You know," he said, pulling his hood down. " I think the wookiee knew all along. He pulled out the amount he had won from the three rounds and offered it to Han. " Here, I'm not very big on money, you keep it for being such a good sport."

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, August 19th 2006 02:30pm    Post subject:

"Damn you," Han grumbled under his breath as the man succeeded in scoring Pure Sabacc yet again. He began to crumple the last remaining cards he held in his grip before the man grabbed him by the shoulder and whisked him off to the side. Chewie crossed his massive arms over his chest and watched, not even bothering to interfere.

Han thought for sure the man was gonna pull a blaster on him, but was somewhat surprised when he just simply lowered his hood instead. Now Han was able to place the face. He only came across the man a few times during his career, but it was hard to forget a man like Jase Denora.

A lazy smile crossed his lips as he scoffed and shook his head in disbelief. "Didn't fool me that much," he lied. "Who says I didn't wanna keep ya going myself?" Han's eyes flicked downward toward the mound of credits Denora was holding. "As for that, you earned it. You keep it. I'll just find my own way, or if my luck doesn't hold, I'll crawl back to Leia with my tail between my legs. Works every time." He flashed a wicked smile at the man before turning back to the game tables.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sun, August 20th 2006 06:21pm    Post subject:

Jase shook his head in slight bemusement, Solo would never change. he pocketed his credits again and pulled the hood back over his face. Now he would go see the real reason he was here, it was time to make things right. After losing Erics, Jase realized he would need to do something meaningful with his existence. If he needed to kill, he would at least need an excuse to. He nodded slightly to the wookiee on his way to the door and left the tavern.

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Talon K

Post Posted: Fri, January 09th 2009 05:23pm    Post subject:

Different occasion than above posts

I was very familiar with Corellia, and this happened to be one of my favorite stops if I had the time. I've met a lot of good friends, and made several galactic breakthroughs here. I watched the time slowly tick by, ordering a single glass, and kept most of what I drank to water, or non-alcoholic. I couldn't have my judgment impaired, but needed to be comfortable enough where I could enjoy the conversation.

I kept my pride out of the fact that I was one of the most informed men in the galaxy. It helped having several connections in several of the most powerful intelligence agencies in the galaxy, especially when I stayed neutral. It allowed me to play the field, and save my own skin from being tangled in any kind of political agenda.

I sipped the last remnants of the blue cantina glass, while keeping myself out of several trandoshan eyes. I was packing several blasters, and had several people throughout the cantina. If things were going to get violent, they had better be prepared for the surprises I had instore for them.

"Another blue glass?" the tender asked, his voice was gruff and sounded as though he had immigrated from the outer rim.

"Aye," I responded, keeping my voice low and my gaze on the counter.
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, January 10th 2009 03:14am    Post subject:

Six hours of regional transport hell had passed, as Karrde had changed the location to a more... public arena. Karlos growled at the beeping console, hoping the cloneboy would do something other than just flying the vessel, which Karlos had convinced himself that the clone had placed the ship under autopilot any ways.

"Frakking bastard," Karlos muttered under his breathe, clicking and silencing one of the altitude buttons.

The clone lifted his eyebrow, "Pardon?"

"I said, 'Mynock Mustard', it's something I look forward, a local aphrodisiac..." The clone nodded his thin skull, but Karlos could tell the man had heard what he had said. It didn't matter, the man was all talk, almost conspiring to put Karlos against his 'once-sister-in-law-Arlyn'. Even though he didn't care very much about the winged wonder, she did, however, manage to free him from that wretched prison.

Nothing could compare to literal Hutt slime, and the goons that resided inside of the cells made matters even worse. The Outer Rim prison had so many disgusting aliens, it had made his racism evolve tenfold. The Corellian Human League was a prospect to check into, though he had a feeling his Turbinia companions, wouldn't like that...at all.

Especially the walking furballs with their lethal crossbows...

"We've landed... special speeder rental requests have been granted...." the clone commando rang out, happily.

"Special speeders?"

The clone cocked a playful smile, "Have you seen the extensive training unit we had with speeders? We're pretty effective drivers, you know."

It was more of a statement, than a question, and Karlos could care less. By the looks of Arlyn's bred army, she had taken almost a year and a half of Spaarti cloning procedures, and created one million dangerous officers. They weren't trained to operate in groups, but alone, and tasked to operate in small groups up to three hundred. Mostly, after overhearing her husband and the Admiral cyborg, 'special operations'.

Beep. Beep. Beep

That wasn't originating from the ship's communication's console, but from the clone's belt. His hands swiftly reached for the device, before placing it to his lips. "Inform 'Mr. Davy' that we will be arriving in twelve minutes. It's important you sound very apologetic."

The woman answered softly, almost inaudibly. The clone cleared his throat, thanked the woman, then shoved the device back into its holster. "Talon Karrde is impatient..."

The special speeders the clone had rented were probably the most noticeable, sleek vehicles Karlos had ever seen. They weren't civilian, nor military class, but designed for races. With only three minutes to spare, and more than half of the city to transverse, Karlos had wondered how the clone intended to arrive on time.

"Hang on," the clone clicked a few flashing icons, then signalled the other speeders. Within two seconds, they had hit over hundred and eighty kilometers an hour, and he continued to press on the accelerator...

"God damn!" Karlos breathed, exiting the speeder with both thrill and fright lingering across his face, "Impressive!"

The clone, very typical of his personality now, only nodded and gestured towards the Cantina. "After you..."

The club was filled with humans, and aliens alike, but the things that had caught his attention, were the twi'lek dancers. Their bodies bounced to the rhythm, as their breasts pressed against the cold poles. With a tag on his shirt, the clone dragged Karlos and plopped him directly in front of the leader of the Smuggler's Alliance...

"Hello Karde," the clone began, "We come on behalf of the Lady of Geonosis, perhaps you've heard of her?"
 Back to top »
Talon K

Post Posted: Mon, January 12th 2009 02:39am    Post subject:

They were a funny bunch, and I couldn't help but speculate the reasoning behind the men the "angel of geonosis" had sent. Its true, though, they were nothing I had expected.

"Yes, I have." I answered the man with a clear tone, setting the glass of Kashyyyk wine aside, and provided a gleaming smile, "It better be one hell of a business deal, for how long I've been waiting here."

I crossed my arms, and leaned into my seat.
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, January 12th 2009 03:25am    Post subject:

Holy shit, it's Talon Karrde, Karlos thought and cringed as the clone forced him into the seat across from the leader of the Smuggler's Alliance. If any man outside of the Rebellion and the Galactic Empire could stand eye to eye with Arlyn, it was this man. He had a legacy of information gathering, while being the most effective smuggler across the galaxy. Han Solo would have a run for his credits against this man...

Even Jabba would have had trouble finding employees, if he was hiring. If you were a friend of Karrde, you had it made, and Karlos realized this. But he had no idea, as to why, Arlyn was approaching him.

"We will try our best not to waste your time, sir, and we thank you for waiting," the clone was exemplary in common courtesy, "My name is Edward, and I will be conducting the business on behalf of Slyfer Industries, also known as the 'Turbinia Corporation', and previously known as 'LAMBDA Corp.' This is my business partner Karlos Ketra.

"I've noticed that you have taken the liberty to order drinks, but I will not allow you to pay for them, in an attempt to excuse our late arrival." the clone gently slipped a credit stick to the edge of the table, where the waiter promptly collected his pay, and an overly exaggerated tip, "We do, however, wish that you will forgive us?"
 Back to top »
Talon K

Post Posted: Mon, January 12th 2009 03:38am    Post subject:

any details i use are from a private message from karlos, permitting me to use them in my post.

Ah, so they weren't entirely idiots, and the man known as "Edward" certainly had a way to begin the talks. I was impressed, but I decided to play ears, rather than give the two men a glimpse into my thoughts. I knew Arlyn had become an unpopular political figure, often voicing her opinion, when she should had kept her mouth shut. If word were to escape that I was entering a contract with the woman, perhaps my name would be tarnished by the Empire. Perhaps even risking my neutrality...

Her reputation with the Rebellion was questionable, and information about her, proved to be scarce. I had once personally researched several rumors about the woman, but all meeting dead ends.

"I accept your gratitude, and thank you Edward."

I nodded to his companion, the boy didn't say much, but he was obviously here to serve a purpose. The name Ketra was surprisingly important, as the last I had heard, the cousin of the late Calias was serving in an Outer Rim prison camp.

"And what brings a Slyfer Corporate, and a prisoner to my audience?" It was rare that I met with individuals, but I couldn't pass an oppurtunity to meet and discuss with representatives from the thanagaran. It was best they proved this to me, in order to get a more favorable business deal.
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, January 12th 2009 05:16pm    Post subject:

'Edward' grinned, and folded his arms, "We are here to present a humble business alliance. We profit. You profit. It's as simple as that. Our contract will not hit the general public, nor be known to anyone but Arlyn, and her most trusted servants. And I will assume, you have a few good men of your own?"

That was obvious. Karrde never had to buy loyalty from his employees, friends, or officers.... he earned it.

"What we wish for, will help us greatly conceal our efforts against the Galactic Empire. And we understand your need to maintain neutrality, honestly, we do." It seemed the clone wasn't going to accept a debate about this, "This datapadd controls the list of what we need, and what we are willing to pay."

The clone's fingers tapped the back of the mechanical databoard and slid it across the table.
 Back to top »
Talon K

Post Posted: Mon, January 12th 2009 11:56pm    Post subject:

I caught the padd and slowly brought it to my eyes, and scanned the list. Most of the thanagarian's requests were manageable, perhaps too easy, but then I read the last two items. "I can handle the spice shipments, but the information on the Exchange will be difficult. I know a few guys, though. Rumor has it though, he was operating within Imperial space."

I tossed the report back, "I'll see what I can do about the others, especially items sixty-six, and sixty-seven. I can't promise anything."

They were asking for a lot, and I wasn't sure what they were offering in return to could match. I shook my sleeves, rising to my feet. "I have a diplomat to visit on Thyferra, I'll keep you informed." My hand stretched across the table, "Tell Lady Pallanen that in order to receive Item 66 and 67, she will have to come in person. As kind as you gentlemen were, I prefer to hand over valuables, such as these," I used the touch screen to display the items, "personally."

I left them for their final words, then departed.
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, January 13th 2009 12:50am    Post subject:

Karlos shook the man's hand, and didn't say another word. The clone, however, "Thank you, sire. It was an honor to meet you, and I will belay your concerns and requests to the Ang de Geo." Karrde departed and finally Karlos broke the silence.

"He was awfully quick to get out of here."

Edward nodded, "He knows what we want, the ball is in his court. The Exchange is a tricky thing to ask, and to go for Bounto, is well, crazy." They finished their drinks before retreating back to the rented speeders.

"You think he is really going to Thyferra?"

"No." Edward answered before firing up the engines, and leading the coalition of race vehicles, "At least, not until he has the merchandise we are looking for...."

Karlos then understood, that Karrde was on a timetable and that was the reason behind his quick departure. When Arlyn hatched a plan, it usually went without a hitch. And it was, mostly, a quick spiral of events.
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, January 19th 2009 06:35am    Post subject:

21:22 Hours - Hyperspace
"A Dream of a Notso Distant Past"

The prison cell was rotting, the walls leaked disgusting liquids, and the chambers held an overwhelming scent of death. Karlos curled into a ball, his eyes resonating the darkness that had become his life. His face was unshaven, and his body ungroomed for almost two months. The essence of the rich gentlemen had left every part of his body, replaced with a scoundrel, curled in the darkest pit of hell.

His finger tip touched a puddle of murky, infested water and he watched the ripples dance across, from side to side. He hummed, so very softly, in fear of enraging the prison guards, and the cellmates. His eyes beckoned the embrace of his mother, such a fond memory of a woman that would do anything for her son, yet she was nowhere.

He could hear the screams of his fellow prisoners, the echoing of their bitter demise, and ultimate judicial suffering. Serving a prison sentence on the moon of Nal Hutta, was one of the last places he would wish on he greatest enemies.

"Cyntheia," he sobbed softly, only to himself, always to himself. The name of the angel, the name of the woman that had rescued him from the inner darkness, was no longer the shielding light.

Two days had passed when the guards had taken her. Forty-seven hours, and eleven minutes since he had heard her cry, her scream, and the last bit of agony tear away from her body. Perhaps it was better this way.

Karlos begged to be away from his own flesh, his own physical pain, the hunger, the grime and petty comforts he had taken for granted. "Cyntheia," he said again, his voice louder than before. A trandoshan hissed, his claws scrapping against his bunk.

Karlos cringed, his eyes slamming shut in fear. The hutts had broken him, had taken nearly every confidence, every ego, every bit of courage, and flushed it from his body. He was nothing, but the physical embodiment of a human being. He slept, he ate when he could, he drank from the puddles that rippled with dirt, and filth, and he swallowed the agony he faced.

"Cyntheia," Karlos repeated, and fire burned in his eyes. The trandoshan snarled, and that would be his last. With a cafeteria fork, Karlos approached the lying lizard, and slashed at the rough neck until it bled.

In his insanity, Karlos laughed his glorious laugh, "Frak you," Karlos hissed, and dug the fork deep into the creature's neck, scraping the organs, the fluids until there was nothing else within range.

Draped in a greenishblood victory, Karlos returned to his puddle, and curled into the defenseless position. He closed his eyes, and remembered Cyntheia.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Corellia » Mynock's Haven Cantina - Coronet(Surface)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: