}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
RPG Wide Plot
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » RPG Wide Plot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan Davad
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 01:22pm    Post subject: RPG Wide Plot

I would really like to RP with the majority of you and I think something like the Galaxy Ball, just not formal and out of whack...lol...

Maybe a chaotic battle somewhere, or something?

Maybe a planetary negotiation, gone wrong...

This is purely CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and a chance to RP with some of the others here.

I'm not sure what would be fun and tie into some of our storylines, but if we work together, we might be able to do something.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 01:35pm    Post subject:

Everyone would be negotiating on one planet? :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ryan Davad
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 01:41pm    Post subject:

I've seen it done before. :P

And I was thinking the planet everyone was trying to win over, had some evil plan to eliminate the governments and attempt to take over the galaxy...

:P

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 01:46pm    Post subject:

...We're negotiating with Dr. Evil? :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ryan Davad
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 01:47pm    Post subject:

well that's a good idea

Back to top »
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 04:02pm    Post subject:

Good idea. I'd like to see a plot, but maybe more of a race or a lost fleet or some long lost artifact or something that would substancially increase the power of the group that gets it. That way people would be more enticed to get it.

Current Assets: 76,530,000,000
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 04:08pm    Post subject:

Noruas wrote:
Good idea. I'd like to see a plot, but maybe more of a race or a lost fleet or some long lost artifact or something that would substancially increase the power of the group that gets it. That way people would be more enticed to get it.

Oddly enough...I had something along those exact lines being thought up.:p

The details are still rough, but I had an idea about a long dead race, an underground city on an asteroid, ancient tech, etc. It all has to do with a certain Alliance Major and an Imperial Vice Admiral...

*insert dramatic pause*

Ams and Han have already been told of the basic ideas...when Nevin gets off Admin leave I'll tell him too. It could be quite interesting.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 04:15pm    Post subject:

Kalydon Skirata wrote:
Noruas wrote:

Oddly enough...I had something along those exact lines being thought up.:p

The details are still rough, but I had an idea about a long dead race, an underground city on an asteroid, ancient tech, etc. It all has to do with a certain Alliance Major and an Imperial Vice Admiral...

*insert dramatic pause*

Ams and Han have already been told of the basic ideas...when Nevin gets off Admin leave I'll tell him too. It could be quite interesting.

RPG wide not Skirata-someone else wide. :P

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 04:19pm    Post subject:

Oops, I forgot to fix that.:p

I had meant to include that it would get big, they wouldn't discover thsi stuff on their own. I had thought of getting one of Alex's characters in on it...hopefully alot more.

But the alien tech I had envisioned would be big....maybe even "the One" big.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 04:24pm    Post subject:

Kalydon Skirata wrote:
Oops, I forgot to fix that.:p

I had meant to include that it would get big, they wouldn't discover thsi stuff on their own. I had thought of getting one of Alex's characters in on it...hopefully alot more.

But the alien tech I had envisioned would be big....maybe even "the One" big.

The One isn't that big. Infact since we ****ed up so much stuff in this RPG he is worthless and crap and small.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 04:30pm    Post subject:

And just what is "****ed up", VVD? :? He's 50 km wide, right? That hasn't changed...

Expand

Back to top »
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 04:32pm    Post subject:

Right but he can't scratch and Akula, nor get any new weapons emplacments. Even 40 years in the future of this RPG, even hundreds, ships did not have thousands of TLs at the size of ISDs.

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 04:39pm    Post subject:

Noruas wrote:
Right but he can't scratch and Akula, nor get any new weapons emplacments. Even 40 years in the future of this RPG, even hundreds, ships did not have thousands of TLs at the size of ISDs.

You're guilty of that too...*cough*Unu mk II & III*cough*

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 04:43pm    Post subject:

Kalydon Skirata wrote:
Noruas wrote:

You're guilty of that too...*cough*Unu mk II & III*cough*

I have no ships of either class, and Moff knows I've hated the idea since it started. There are no points for Frigates or anything. All you need is a ship thats the size of an ISD and the firepower of an Executor.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 05:18pm    Post subject:

LOL. I'm sorry... but you're pretty far off. First off, Akulas are significantly larger than ISDs, over five times, in fact. Secondly, who said it wouldn't scratch it? The gun is capable of destroying an Imperator Mark I in canon, which is a sizeable yield. However, you wouldn't exactly vaporize an Akula in a single shot, if that's what you wish.

And as long as we're on little glitches in canonicity, pirates didn't have fleets of ISD-equivalents, either. In fact, only one privately owned ISD is ever known to have existed. Also, five thousand starships and a million men don't stop a small Killik force? Or 100,000 fighters being able jump across a Galaxy? A CSA company migrating to a small, less-powerful faction because of a supposed familial tie?

Glass houses, people. Drop the stones. As for smaller capital ships, you should know that, at the very least, the Empire and Alliance deploy them extensively. Usually, it's smaller groups that just pack 50 or so ultravessels together.

Expand

Back to top »
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 05:57pm    Post subject:

K so it can do an approx of 10k SBD in damage (assuming that 1 RU = 2 SBD). Now, Akulas can do much more, and the One shouldn't be able to one hit an Akula but considering the fact that Robots upgrade, he should be able to put more weapons on himself, espically since he's a Robot. And other stuff. Like the research of an Akula.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 07:19pm    Post subject:

1 SBD=1 RU :p

Expand

Back to top »
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 09:27pm    Post subject:

Well, getting back OT, I'd love a plot like that. Everyone racing for some key that will unlock an ancient treasure or some shit like that.

In other words, I'm in.

Back to top »
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 09:31pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
1 SBD=1 RU :p

Then only about 5000 SBD. But seriously, how the heck can you research something like the Akula when 140 years in the future of this RPG they don't have them. And the ISD was a figure of speech.

Back to top »
Boba Fett
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 09:43pm    Post subject:

They didn't have large ships, and many weapons, VvD, because in the future of SW, cannonly, the ships got SMALLER. Much smaller.

Last edited by Boba Fett on Sat, August 05th 2006 09:43pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 09:46pm    Post subject:

Boba Fett wrote:
They didn't have large ships, and many weapons, VvD, because in the future of SW, cannonly, the ships got SMALLER. Much smaller.

Not as fast as things have progressed in this game. Think about it, about 20 or so years ABY they only had something the size of a MC80 with ISD guns and shields. The Akula does the same to the ESD, but it would require tons of years of researching, not 10 years but decades. The Death Star wasn't made in a month.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 10:23pm    Post subject:

No, but #2 was made in a year. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 10:24pm    Post subject:

Can we please get back on topic? If you would like to discuss the ship capabilities and sizes(which I don't particularly agree with either), please start another thread. Thanks! :)

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 10:25pm    Post subject:

K. Back on topic... I dunno about some power-granting artifact, to be honest. As for battles... how about Geonosis? :p

Expand

Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, August 05th 2006 10:31pm    Post subject:

How about this... A lost Imperial attack fleet consisting of 12 ISD-IIs, 14 VSD-IIs, and 20 Dreadnaught Class Heavy Cruisers.

Make a small back story and whoever finds it can take it.... I would be glad to set it all up and give out the clues... since I don't have many characters who can actually search (Gavin is Busy... Gruu is doing the Jedi thing... and Titus is busy killing some Carthaginians). It could be run where I post a back story in the databank or something and people act on the clue and search, every few days or 1 week another clue will be posted etc until someone finds it (cmac could help me create the backdrop to the story)

or CMAC could run it all

credits: 34,976,000,000 credits

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » RPG Wide Plot
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: