}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Coronet Hotel
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet Hotel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You

Post Posted: Fri, August 04th 2006 03:06pm    Post subject: Coronet Hotel

Finally freeing myself from the confining dress uniform and taking my twins into my arms, I laid down on the bed in the hotel room. Kendra crawled up to my face.

"Mama," she cooed, resting a pudgy little hand on my cheek, her green eyes gazing at me.

I smiled at her and kissed her forehead. "Yes, honey. Mommy's here." I looked beyond her for a moment to her twin brother. "Come here, Kris."

After a couple repetitions, he crawled back from exploring the bed. He saw his sister in my arms, and looked dejected. But his green eyes gleamed when I reached out to him, and pulled him close.

I looked at the two of them, as they crawled around, but never straying too far, and was overwhelmed with feeling. They put everything into perspective: no longer could I just live for the moment, or take stupid risks, or let Ams take them as long as I went along. There was more than just the here and now; now there was a future to look to and plan for.

There was also a small sense of irony involved, considering Ams and I were both trained assassins, capable of ending life in a split second if necessary, yet, we also created life together. For around seven months and five weeks, I could feel that life within me; feel it grow, move, and occasionally kick. I couldn't even begin to think the words to describe it. And now, almost two years after that magical night on the Prestige, I felt like a different person than I was then. More worries, more cares in life... but also more joys and happy moments. And as I noticed Krischen and Kendra gazing at me, their green eyes alight with the insatiable wonder about the world possessed by a one-year old, I knew the trade had been well-worth it.

"Having fun?"

I looked up, and saw Ams grinning at the three of us. I smiled back, and slid over a little to make room for him. He sat down beside us, and almost right away, Kris stood up, took a couple steps before tripping and landing almost face-first into my stomach. I grunted and recoiled slightly at the impact, then picked him up to make sure he was okay. From his reaction, it was as if nothing happened.

Well, I guess I can still make a good impact cushion, I laughed to myself as he crawled to Ams, who scooped up the little one-year old bundle of energy that was our son.

It was strange to think that in the middle of a war a moment like this could exist. Both sides were gearing up to annihilate each other, and yet here Ams and I were, playing with our kids. Then again, maybe if Organa Solo did more of that than listen to the firebrands in her inner circle, the Galaxy wouldn't be as frakked up as it was.
Calm down... there's still a chance to defuse this war before it begins, I thought. I just hoped that, for once, the Rebels would listen to reason and common sense instead of propaganda. For everyone's sake...

I finished buttoning up my pajama top, thinking back on the past eight hours. Despite Solo's threats on the shuttle, we were all just fine after spending the afternoon and early evening with the twins, even taking them out to a nearby park for a few hours. All in all, it hadn't been a bad day. The twins had already been in bed for the past couple hours, which meant Ams and I had some privacy... to a degree. The twins were sleeping in the room with us, and there was still that droid... I still found it hard to accept that that thing was watching my children, especially when I knew what it was capable of. Of course, someone looking at it, even closely, wouldn't be able to tell it was a droid. On the surface, it looked like a tall, human female with parted blonde hair tied in a bun in the back and blue eyes. Underneath... another story.

But at the moment, it wasn't doing anything, just idling in a corner in standby. Good. Keep it that way, I mused as I heard Kendra suddenly start crying. Within seconds, her brother was awake as well and bawling. I hurried over, looking around to see if anything was bothering or scaring them. Once it was clear that wasn't the cause, I tried the old-fashioned smell test. However, they didn't require changing, either.

"Shy, what's wrong?" Ams asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. They just started crying..."

Looking back into the crib, I asked softly, "What's the matter, guys? What's wrong?"

Obviously, the only answer was more crying. In desperation, I knelt down beside the crib, reaching through the slats that made up the "walls," to gently touch Kendra on the arm. She turned to me, her crying ceased for a moment. "It's okay, sweetie. Mommy's gonna take care of you." Once she figures out what's wrong. I wonder... it's a longshot, but why not? "Kris? Come here, honey," as he did so, his crying abated, and I lightly patted him on the arm. "Mommy's gonna sing to you, okay? Her mommy used to sing this to her when she was your age."

I thought back to one of my earliest memories, and I could hear my mother's voice in them, singing softly to me. She didn't just sing it to me when I was a baby; instead it became something of a comfort she'd provide whenever I was having a bad day or a nightmarte up until I was about seven... when she died. But it had been almost thirty years since then... and I struggled through the painful and pleasant memories alike to find the words.

"You're going to sing?" Ams asked quietly from behind, and I could see the smirk on his lips in my mind's eye.

"I'll try," I quipped, then took a deep breath. I started to sing the lullaby to them, feeling tears well up as I thought of my own mother singing me to sleep... and she actually had a singing voice. The tune was almost melancholy, as if foretelling the end of the world, and haunting, yet oddly beautiful and soothing at the same time. I miss you... I thought of the woman that brought me into this Galaxy. If only she were still here, to see her grandchildren...

"Ve dormir, mis niños," I sang softly to them, surprising myself with the seamless change in my voice to something that could actually be called melodic. The crying, which had started back up again, ceased. "Día vendr' otra veces."

Ve dormir, mis niños,
Sueños dulces.

As I finished telling them "sweet dreams" in Thanagarian, Krischen began to nod off. But his sister was at rapt attention. My mind raced, trying to think of what came next. But deep down, I knew, and even as my brain scrambled to find the words, they already issued from my mouth.

Cerrad vuestros ojos,
Más allá de reproches,
Amo vos. Mis hijos,
Buenos noches.

Kendra's eyes were half closed, so I sang to her again, this time, the whole song through.

Ve dormir, mis niños,
Día vendr' otra veces.
Ve dormir, mis niños,
Sueños dulces.

Cerrad vuestros ojos,
Más allá de reproches,
Amo vos. Mis hijos,
Buenos noches.

I wiped my eyes to clear away the moisture that was welling up from tapping through three decades to one my earliest memories of my mother. I blinked, and saw that Kendra was fast asleep now. Smiling wistfully, I stood up, and turned to see Ams staring at me.

"What?"

"Are you okay, Shayera?" he asked, his brow furrowed with concern.

I sniffled a little, and nodded. "Yeah, just another fun little trip down Memory Lane. Well, it worked, so far," I said, then yawned. All of the fuss over the twins made me forget how tired I was. "I'm exhausted," I muttered, then crawled into the bed. Right at the foot was the crib, meaning the twins were just a couple meters away.

"So, Ams," I started as he slid under the sheets beside me. "Can you still hear?" I smirked, turning out the lights.

He chuckled, then turned serious. "Yes, I can... that--that didn't sound like you," he said.

I gave him an odd look. "Who did it sound like?" I teased.

"I don't know, but... well, usually when you try singing," he smiled sheepishly.

"I know, I know. I suck at it."

He smirked back. "Well, in plain terms. But that... I can't describe it. It was... beautiful."

I rolled over so I faced him fully. "Like I said, my mother would sing that to me. Only lullaby I know, really. It was a little tough to get out, too..."

"I noticed," Ams teased gently, then wrapped his arms around me. "But that was absolutely beautiful, Shy. What does it mean?"

My eyelids felt like they had lead weights attached. "I'll tell you tomorrow... tired. Sleep..."

I closed my eyes, and drifted to sleep.

But as I did, I heard that lullaby again, this time in my mother's voice.

Ve dormir, mi niña,
Día vendr' otra veces.
Ve dormir, mi niña,
Sueños dulces.

Cerrad vuestros ojos,
Más allá de reproches,
Amo vos. Mi hija,
Buenos noches.

Go to sleep, my child
The sun will come again.
Go to sleep my child,
Sweet dreams.

Close your eyes.
Beyond all reproach,
I love you. My daughter,
Good night.

Special thanks to Darth Fett of SWGBH for helping me with those bloody rhymes. :p

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand

Last edited by Shayera Jendob on Fri, September 01st 2006 03:03am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, August 08th 2006 12:04am    Post subject:

As my mind slowly drifted back into my consciousness, my senses slowly reacquiring function and telling my brain what was going on. To begin with, it was dark. Understandable, since my eyes were closed. Next, I could hear a soft, reciprocating rush of air close to my head, as well as birds outside. No doubt Shayera's quiet breathing and Corellian songbirds rising from their own slumber, respectively.

However, my sense of touch and smell also alerted me. I seemed surrounded by soft warmth, and the air was infused with a pleasant fragrance. It was almost heavenly, like being in a warm, sweet-scented cloud. I could almost fall back asleep, it was so relaxing and comfortable.

I turned my head to the side, and something soft brushed across my nose. Startled, my eyes flew open, and I was confronted by a wall of gray material, and a silky, teal-hued appendage snaked over my chest and around my neck. Whatever it was, it had me in an almost vice-like grip.

But, blinking to get some moisture to my eyes and fight away the sleep-like state, and turning my head to right a little, I saw a shock of fiery red hair that had fallen over the face of its owner. I smiled, and put my arm around Shayera as she slept. But when I did, she stirred slightly, letting out a soft moan. Combing my fingers through her hair, I exposed her face, especially her beautiful green eyes.

"Morning, Shy," I said, nuzzling her cheek as her wing brushed against the side of my head. So it was her I felt. But, she was sleeping on the other side of the bed...

"G'morning," she smiled. "Hmm, I don't remember falling asleep like this."

I laughed. "I think someone had some interesting dreams last night," I teased, kissing her cheek and embracing her. It felt so good to have her in my arms, so right, as if we were meant to always hold each other, to love each other.

And even if it wasn't... I'd love her forever anyway. She had taken my heart, for all eternity. There would be and could be no other women other than her in my life, not since the day I looked her in the eye, slid that ring on her left fourth finger, and said, "I do."

It was hard to believe, at times, just how much everything had changed since we first met at the Imperial Academy on Coruscant. The first war began five years after Shayera and I were commissioned, and a year later, just before the Empire was about to finish the Rebels for good, a lucky shot took down the Death Star. Much of the Empire was aghast, military and civilians alike calling for action... until the truth about Alderaan was discovered. Thousands of beings flocked to the Rebellion, although that was really nothing of major concern. However, when open revolts flared on Mid Rim planets, the Imperial upper echelon began to realize what was happening... and dealt with it in the most idiotic way possible: violent suppression. However, most of the Core actually stayed loyal.

Four years later, however, the Galaxy fell apart with the Debacle of Endor. Internal troubles had been striking prior to the battle, but as soon as it was heard of the Empire's defeat at Endor, several Grand Admirals showed their true loyalties and absconded with Imperial worlds and forces, as well as several lesser ranking officers. Now the Empire was stuck fighting a civil war within its own ranks as well as against the Rebellion. Of the Grand Admirals, only Thrawn, Il-Raz, Syn, Teshik, and Tigellinus remained in the Empire. There was a brief uprising on Kessel, which saw the death of a false claimant to the Imperial throne known as Trioculous, as well as Grand Moff Hissa and Grand Admiral Takel when Vader himself destroyed the traitors. It seemed the fools believed Palpatine was dead, and decided to make their move.

Well, everyone makes mistakes.

Shortly after, rogue Grand Admirals Grunger and Pitta killed each other, their fleets duelling over Tralus until, in an act of sheer desperation, Grunger ordered his command ship to ram Pitta's Torpedo Sphere, the last of its kind. Ultimately, the Empire lost an Executor and an irreplaceable piece of military technology, as well as hundreds of ships. Both fleets were completely annihilated.

However, the Empire found a free boon to its rapidly shrinking fleet: the long lost Katana Fleet. The coordinates were acquired after rumors were heard of a man named Hoffner that knew the location of the ships. After a moderate infusion of cash to assuage any personal concerns about giving the Empire the coordinates, a systems force was dispatched to acquire the vessels. Unfortunately, the Rebels arrived just before us, and in moments, a pitched battle was being fought. We made off with the vast majority of the fleet, some 180 ships. It was hoped they would help nail the lid on the Rebellion's coffin before our own casket was sealed. By the time the year was out, half had fallen to the command of warlord officers or were destroyed.

Later, Black Fleet went rogue, and Death Squadron was sent to deal with it. The battle raged for weeks, ending with the total and complete destruction of the forces of the rebellious Black Sword Command and most of Death Squadron, as well as severe damage to the Executor. The complete extent was unknown until the Rebels attacked shortly thereafter. Death Squadron's remnants rushed to give aid to Pecatti Syn's forces on Kashyyyk. Syn was dead within five minutes of the squadron's arrival by the hand of Admiral Ackbar, who then went on to engage Death Squadron. The Imperial forces fought valiantly, but concentrated fire overloaded the Star Dreadnought's shields, causing the generators to blow out.

The Rebels savaged the ship for hours until they were forced to retreat with moderate losses. Amazingly, the Executor, Admiral Piett, and Lord Vader survived. But the ship was hopelessly crippled, with hyperdrives and sublights destroyed and the hull compromised in thousands of places. The decision was made to scuttle her, to prevent the remaining warlords or the Rebels from gaining the use of the ship. Under any other situation, a repair vessel would be sent, but the Empire simply didn't have the cash to repair the mighty warship. Her reactors were set to overload, and with the hull already weakened, the grand flagship dissolved into a ball of flame. On Vader's orders, the fleet then spent the next six hours vaporizing any debris larger than a man's head to ensure there'd be nothing left for the traitors to recover.

A few short months later, the remains of Grand Admiral Batch's fleet appeared, this time with his second-in-command leading. He explained Batch was executed for his failed TIE Phantom project, and that Admirals Zsinj and Harrsk were assimiliating the forces of other warlords, as well as attacking the Rebellion. Harrsk fell first, when Palpatine murdered him and several other warlords during a supposed "reconciliation." Now the only remaining internal threat was Zsinj. However, the Rebels took care of him for us, with Han Solo supposedly telling him to "kiss his Wookiee" before blowing the bridge off the warlord's ship. However, that was four years after Endor when he was finally destroyed, and he dealt a near fatal blow to the Empire before that.

It was an average afternoon, the Imperial Palace swarming with activity... namely on how to combat the Rebels, Zsinj, and the Empire's sinking financial position. All of the Katana Dreadnaughts were long-since destroyed, the fleet had dwindled from millions (including 25,000 Imperial-class Star Destroyers, only recently re-renamed to Imperator by KDY in an attempt to appease other buyers) to a hundred total ships. But even then, it was difficult to maintain them properly with planets engaging in revolt weekly, cutting off tax and trade income.

However, that afternoon was interrupted by a massive explosion at the Imperial Palace. Within the hour, the news came out: Emperor Palpatine was dead. A saboteur loyal to Zsinj set off a bomb in the Palace. With Vader nowhere to be found, and Sate Pestage hospitalized in the attack, command of the Empire fell to Ysanne Isard. Within days, officers threatened once again to go warlord and try to take the Imperial throne for themselves. Zsinj was rumored to be planning a large-scale assault on Coruscant. And Isard was determined not to allow Coruscant to fall into their hands. She began to make preparations for her ship, the Lusankya to break free of its terrestrial home.

She would never make it. Mere hours before launch, I received a priority message aboard the Terminator, my vessel at the time. It was the Emperor. Clearly, he survived Zsinj's attack. He ordered me personally to stop Isard before she leveled several hundred square kilometers of the planetary city... in which Palpatine was located. My Intelligence status allowed me to gain entry to the buried vessel, however, after I was spotted in the base of the bridge tower, Isard issued a full alert. What came next was probably the hardest mission I'd ever undertaken. In the past, I'd infiltrated Black Sun, the Rebellion, a few of the warlords, and smaller resistance cells. Usually, the mission was to gather some intelligence, eliminate anyone that found me out, then terminate the ringleader. And not once had I failed a mission.

Now and then, there'd be a tight spot, such as once getting chased by three squads of Rebel troops through a base and into a dense forest, but that was nothing compared to fighting up several dozen decks swarming with Stormtroopers, Naval Infantry, and Army commandos. Fortunately, I evaded most of them, but more than once, it came down to a firefight. Shouts of "traitor" and "Rebel scum" issued forth as they fell. Finally, I reached the bridge with just moments to spare. Two bolts from my sidearm incapacitated Isard. Captain Drysso wasn't so lucky, catching a blast squarely in the heart. A few others tried their hand, thinking they were saving the Empire. They paid the ultimate price for their ignorance.

After restoring communications (Isard ordered a complete blackout), I contacted the Emperor. He immediately ordered the entire crew to stand down from launch, and arrest Isard. The following day, we were both brought before the Emperor. I figured Isard to be a dead woman, and judging by her expression, she thought so too. It was one of the few times I had known "Iceheart" to display emotion. Incredibly, Palpatine spared her life, sentencing her to be stripped of rank and imprisoned on the Lusankya instead. It seemed quite out of character for him, and almost lenient. His next act was to make me Isard's successor: I was promoted from Line Captain to Administrator and appointed the new Director of Imperial Intelligence. He then took the time to remind me, as Isard was dragged away, that if I were to attempt the same level of stupidity, execution would be a fortunate fate. After I made it clear I understood, he sent me to Naboo to discover what happened to the forces there... and there I was reunited with the lovely lady I held in my arms.

"What're you thinking about?" Shayera asked quietly.

I looked up at her, and smiled. "Nothing much; just thinking about how much has changed in the past several years. And how much I love you."

She chuckled. "You are such a mush, you know that?"

"Is that a complaint?" I smirked, starting to lightly stroke her hair as she kissed me on the cheek.

"Not at all," she sighed happily. "I like having a husband that not only says he loves me, but shows it, too."

"Aww, I never knew you were a romantic at heart, Shy," I teased.

Her face subtly shifted from displaying a loving smile to playful smirk. "If we had a couple hours..."

I responded with a quick kiss on her lips. "Not with the kids in the room, honey," I smirked. "You don't want them to go through what you did when you had that nightmare as a little girl, right?"

"Blechh," Shayera muttered. "Why did you have to remind me? Besides, it wouldn't have to be in here," she smirked slyly. "There's always the refresher."

"You and the refresher..." I laughed. "Anyway, hon, speaking of refreshers, we better get ready. Round Two is today."

"Oh joy," she groaned, rolling to the side. "More Rebel propaganda and racist comments from the 'freedom fighters.' How lovely."

I sat up. "Hey, don't worry about Solo. All he's doing is showing the Galaxy just how much of a bigot he is."

She sighed. "I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but dammit, it does! Four years I put up with that, not to mention getting shafted on promotions and the like for next fifteen years because I'm not a human male..."

I frowned at her language, and nodded to the kids. She blushed, and turned to them. "Sorry about that, guys. Some things just bother Mommy," she explained, even though they were still asleep.

"I understand, sweetheart. It bothers me too, to be honest. But there isn't much we can really do about him."

An evil glint flickered in her eye. "Oh, just get me in arm's reach... there's plenty I can do."

I smirked, and not because what she was saying was silly. No, it was in fact very plausible. The smirk was for the mental image of her knocking Solo about like a ragdoll. Ahh, the dream of any Imperial that's had to spend more than three minutes with him. "I'm sure, Shayera. Anyway, we better get ready. Maybe Organa Solo will be a little more reasonable today," I said as I got out of the bed.

Shayera gave me a shocked look. "A pregnant woman? Reasonable? Hey, you were with me for eight months... was I reasonable?"

My answer was an amused chuckle. "I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might get me killed."

She slid across the bed and stood. "Good boy," she smirked, then gave me a brief kiss on the lips. It was only right that I return it. "I'll be out quickly... showers here are too cold for my liking."

I nodded, and sat back down on the bed, this time near the crib. They were the real reason Shayera and I were here. An eleventh-hour, fifty-ninth minute attempt to stop the war; to make sure Krischen and Kendra had safe, peaceful Galaxy to live in instead of one devastated by war. Sadly, the Rebellion was whipped into a frenzied state, as was the Empire. Peace was probably an unthinkable fantasy by now.

But I would sure as hell try. Not once had I failed a mission for my nation... and I was determined not to fail a far more important one: one for my children.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Wed, August 09th 2006 02:02pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Fri, August 25th 2006 03:43am    Post subject:

I paced around the hotel room for the twentieth time, bored out of my mind. For once, the twins were quiet and peaceful, Kris playing with some Aurebesh blocks while Kendra fiddled with a puzzle. She seemed particularly interested in slamming the plastic pieces together like cymbals more than actually doing the puzzle.

That's my girl, I thought, laughing to myself. I sat down on the bed, folding my hands and resting my chin on them as I watched my two precious children play.

Still, I needed some space. And come to think of it, the twins probably could do with some fresh air, too. And time away from that damned droid.

I cast a glance toward it. Its blue eyes were fixed on the wall, but I could imagine them. The long blonde hair was still in a tight bun, and the form-fitting red leather outfit was undisturbed. Damn thing was scary, really. Still, it was a loyal and good minder for the kids... I hoped.

Taking my gaze from the nannydroid, I walked over to the crib. "Hey you two," I said warmly. "Wanna go for a little trip?"

They looked up and smiled, giggling and cooing. Picking them up, I held them to me for a moment out of habit. As they gazed up in wide-eyed wonder, I grinned. "I love you guys," I told them. "Don't ever forget that, okay?"

I didn't seriously think they'd remember, but it was okay. I told them every day, many times. And I had no plans to stop telling them.

After setting them down on the bed, I began to a pack a small bag with some essentials: a few extra diapers for each of them, some baby food and bottles, and a comlink set on the same frequency as the one Ams had, as well as throwing in some book chips and a reader. After putting the bag on the back of the two-passenger stroller, I placed the twins in their seats and made sure they were good and secure. I knew the locations of a few parks in the city, and after walking out of the hotel (pushing the stroller along), we headed towards the nearest one.

Expand
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 12:34am    Post subject:

Walking through the halls of the Hotel, thought about what I was about to do.

It's about time someone teaches him a lesson. Come in and disrupt my children's lives, will he? I'll show him...

Getting Solo's room number was easy enough. The front desk was only too happy to help, since I supposedly had a misplaced package for him.

Oh, I have a package all right, I mused evilly, cracking my knuckles. Right here...

I stopped in front of the door, and knocked. It opened, to my surprise. Even more surprising was the small child at the level of the door handle... except for the fact that he was being held by a much bigger Wookiee.

"Oh, hey Chewbacca," I said, my malicious intents vanishing, partly because of the 2.28-meter tall Wookiee, and also because of the innocent little face looking at me.

This must be Jaina, I thought of the little girl.

I turned my attention back to the Chewbacca. "Can I come in?" I asked, a little bit softly. "I, um, just want to talk to Solo."

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 01:10am    Post subject:

With nothing but a towel wrapped tightly about his torso, Han stood before large mirror in the 'fresher examining the long scar for the first time up close that ran down his cheek. The mirror was still somewhat steamed up from the heat of the shower, but it wasn't enough to hinder his view. He gently touched the scar with his forefinger and horrible memories came rushing back of a red lightsaber, unimaginable pain and an aparatus of heavy machinery hanging about his head.

The breath rushed out of him in a gasp and for a moment, he stumbled backward at the painful imagery in his mind. Was it a memory or some kind of horrible dream he was remembering? A mask of confusion spread over his features as he tried to recall why that dreamed seem awfully familiar and how he had gotten that scar in the first place.

I really need to get some sleep, he finally declared to himself with a shake of his head.

After several long minutes of staring blankly into the mirror, a loud thump resounded from the outer chamber of the room that brought Han back to his present surroundings. He glanced passively at the closed door of the 'fresher before returning his attention back to the mirror. He took one more look at his appearance before bringing a razor up to his face and shaving away the stubble that was present.

When he was cleaned up, he switched off the light in the 'fresher and moved out into the main chamber of the room...and stopped short. Standing in the middle of the room was that damned bird woman and she was talking to Chewie! The twins were also there, running around in a circle and chasing each other while giggling.

Han set his jaw and lowered his brow in a scowl. "What the hell are you doing here?!" he growled, tightening the towel about him a bit more. "Can't I get some privacy around here?!"

He shifted his gaze to the Wookiee and pointed at him. "You," he accused. "You and me are gonna have a long talk later. Now get her the hell outta here and away from my kids."

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 01:21am    Post subject:

When Solo came out and opened his big mouth, I felt the hostility flare back to life. And, much to my amusement, he was wearing just a towel.

Heh heh... don't slip, I thought mischievously. And yet... strangely, I couldn't bring myself to take a shot at him. Not after seeing his children, so much like my own, running around and playing and laughing.

You're going soft, Shayera, I warned myself, but then again, I had every right to. And I realized then what I had to do...

"Calm down, Solo, it's not his fault," I said without rancor. "I was going to come here to get even with you, but I'm tired of it now."

I paused, somehow croaking the words, "I just wanna talk to you for a minute."

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 01:34am    Post subject:

"You're not the only one who's tired," he growled, leaning his body up against the wall. From the way things were going, it appeared that she wasn't gonna leave anytime soon. He might as well make himself comfortable. Or as comfortable as he could get around her.

"Anyway, make it quick," he finally gave in, yawning. "I got an appointment with that beauty right there," he gestured to the bed and pushed away from the wall, swaggering toward her. He stooped down and picked up Jaina as she rushed past his feet, trying to escape her brother. She squeeled in excitement as she felt herself being lifted up into her father's arms before blowing a raspberry at her brother still on the floor below. "And it's an appointment I'd rather not miss."

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 01:57am    Post subject:

Where to begin? I could ask him what he had against me and Ams, my race in general... I didn't know. I just didn't--

"Why did you lead me on about wanting the war over when I was captured?" I blurted out.

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 02:09am    Post subject:

Han just regarded her for a minute, his jaw working seamlessly as he tried to come up with an answer. He didn't want to go down this path and he avoided her gaze by looking down at the child in his arms. He didn't want to get into this with the kids around either. It was better to leave the innocent out of the war.

"I don't know," he admitted, shrugging his shoulders and casually walking over to a window overlooking the vast cityscape of Coronet. Jaina clung to her father's neck and excitedly pointed to a passing speeder that was fairly close to the hotel. Han grabbed the child's hand and squeezed gently. "Sometimes things change," he continued. "I don't know what I was thinking."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 02:55am    Post subject:

I sighed. "What about them?" I asked, glancing at the famed Solo twins. "Do you really want them to see the things we have? To feel the pain of losing friends and family?"

I took another look at his children, and thought of my own. Would I expose them to the horrors of war, even vicariously? No... and I wouldn't do it Solo's children, either. "Sorry, I shouldn't discuss this. Not with them around."

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 03:16am    Post subject:

Her words stung more than he could have ever imagined. His whole body went rigid as something came over him. It felt similar to the effects of that drug he consumed at the Galaxy Ball in which he couldn't control his actions. He just simply stared straight ahead and blurted it all out against his will.

"No," he answered reluctantly, if truthfully to her question. He swallowed hard and lowered his chin to rest against Jaina's hair. No matter how hard he tried to hold back, the words just kept coming. "I don't want them to see any of this. Why the hell do you think we keep them away from everything? Away from you?"

Han pursed his lips and shifted his weight uncomfortably again. Jaina noticed her father's unease and reached up to poke his face. "Daddy ok?" she asked in a simple, innocent tone.

Taking her hand again within his, he nodded his head and turned his gaze away from the wide, concerned brown eyes of his daughter that reminded him so much of Leia. "I just don't want them to grow up to know the government Vader controls. The same one that blew up planets, killed entire populations of innocent people, tortured Leia and tortured me."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 03:32am    Post subject:

"But we're not like that anymore," I countered. "We don't line up people then gun them down. We don't enslave people, or brutalize them. And we don't point giant lasers at planets and reduce them to rubble."

How could I make him understand that this wasn't the Empire he fought? How could we make them all understand? All they did was ramble on and on about how evil the Empire was, and gave it no chance to change when in fact it had taken a complete turnaround. Yes, there were a few hardliners, but the practices themselves were illegal now. But Solo didn't seem to get it, and others in the Alliance didn't want to get it.

After all, how can you kill a person just like you? Someone who wants what you want?

You can't... that's why we paint them as terrorists and they paint us as butchers.

And worst of all, there were countless rumors that some Rebels were doing just as the Empire had before, albeit on their own, and without consent of the government. But still, the irony was almost nauseating.

"Commander, you have nothing to fear from me right now, or you wouldn't be talking to me," I pointed out. "Now, please... for them, let's change the subject."

I thought for a moment. "Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you have against me?" I smirked, despite the question. Not that I cared what he thought about me, really. I was just curious what about me made him fly over the edge. "Well, aside from my preferred uniform. That's a given."

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 04:11pm    Post subject:

"But Vader's still playin' your cards!" he shouted, causing the child in his arms to noticably flinch backward at his raised voice. Han quickly turned away from the avian intruder and closed his eyes tightly in an attempt to hold back the flow of his words. But no matter how hard he tried, they just kept on coming. He clenched his teeth in anger before he spotted the innocent face of his daughter looking up at him. She was the only thing preventing him from spiraling out of control.

With a sharp intake of breath, Han turned away from the window and back toward the woman. But still, he refused to make eye contact with her. "You make things difficult," he spat. "You glorify the Empire and you don't take any criticism against it. It's like...they literally drilled the shit into your head."

His words trailed off and his hazel eyes went distant, staring blankly at the floor. There was that sensation again of intense pain and suffering. But it was a dream, right? It had to be a bad dream. He had no recollection otherwise, but yet, it still plagued him at certain moments. Now was one of those times.

Han blinked a few times before a wave of pain crossed over his features. He winced outwardly before shaking his head and turning back to the window. "Plus," he began to ramble on, his voice now much softer than it was a moment before. "Who is there to trust anymore?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 04:23pm    Post subject:

I was somewhat dismayed by his language around his children. I got a dirty look for saying "dammit," and now I wouldn't be surprised if he started dropping "frak" or "kriff."

Huh... and I thought he didn't like me because I busted his jaw, I thought randomly.

"Oh, I criticize it, Solo. For what it used to be, and for what's wrong today. You guys are the ones that think your shi--stuff doesn't stink," I almost slipped. "Or at least, that's how it seems," I said, for once not to trying to antagonize him.

"But, I don't want a political debate, so let's not go there," I continued, glancing up at Solo's Wookiee friend, trying to discern if I was about to be defenestrated or not.

Expand

Last edited by Shayera Jendob on Fri, September 01st 2006 04:27pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 09:41pm    Post subject:

The anger rose within him once again causing a tightness his chest at her accusations. Only this time, it was too much to hold back and keep under control. With a snarl, Han turned on the woman and characteristically thrust his forefinger into her face. "Don't even go there," he snapped in a dangerous tone. "I was nice enough to let you stay and you go ahead and hurl empty accusations at me." Lowering his hand, he shrugged and began to pace the room. "Then again, I can't say I ain't surprised."

Detecting her father's anger, Jaina began to squirm in Han's arms to be let down. Han paused in his nervous walk to look down at the child. Without saying a word, he let the young girl down to rejoin her brother at Chewie's side.

Han watched in silence with his hands placed firmly on his hips as Jaina ran off with a small giggle. It was funny how the kids could bypass the tension and anger radiating between the Imperial woman and himself. Sometimes he wished the entire galaxy could be that oblivious. Maybe that way, there wouldn't even be a war.

Shaking his head in disgust at everything that was going on, Han slowly sat down on the edge of the bed. "Why does this matter to you now?" he asked just above a whisper. "Dontcha think it's a little too late for this?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 10:02pm    Post subject:

"Oh, definitely," I muttered. "I guess it's partly my own curiosity, and mostly wanting to keep my kids away from the flak I get, mostly from you."

I looked at the little girl in his arms, and then his son sitting on the ground. They were almost as beautiful as my own, and I couldn't help but smile at them.

"I know you probably think I just sat on them for a few months until they hatched from an egg, but I carried them around just like your wife carried these two and the one she has now. And I'd do anything for them, and I think you'd do the same for yours, right?

"So, I'll make you a deal. I won't bug you if you don't bug me, okay? And, if we end up meeting like this again, just try not to make the little jokes about my race, huh?" I asked.

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 10:23pm    Post subject:

Han rolled his eyes and let his shoulders slump forward. "Now I think you're just being too sensitive," he pointed out matter of factly. There was no law in place protecting her precious race. He could speak out all he wanted about her. That was another thing that irked him to no end about her - she believed that Thana--whatevers were holy and higher than anyone else. That mentality was the reason she was the brunt of his jokes and if she wasn't careful, it'll get her killed too.

"There's nothin' special about your race, I hate to say," he continued on. "You're gonna get it wherever ya go. I even get it! It's just something ya have to live with. But a word of advice, get a thicker skin. Or in your case, feathers. It'll help ya out in the long run, Hawky." He winked at her and flashed her a lopsided grin.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 10:40pm    Post subject:

I grunted, just about ready to make good on my threat from Mon Cal about physically emasculating him when he said he meant it in jest. Could he have just been kidding around? Meh, even so... it was just annoying.

"Trust me, Solo... I know there's nothin' special about it," I smirked, actually finding myself relaxing somewhat. "And I can put it up with it if it's a joke... but not around my kids."

I turned back to Chewbacca. "You with me on this, big guy? After all, you wouldn't like it if someone dropped a few names for Wookiees around your son, would you?" I asked earnestly, making sure to be clear I wasn't making a threat.

"And Solo, believe me... the stuff you say isn't half as bad as what I used to get, so don't flatter yourself."

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 11:01pm    Post subject:

The shaggy Wookiee cocked his head at the bird woman and moaned in bewilderment, shrugging his massive shoulders. Han watched his partner, concerned for a moment at his reaction, but then smiled slyly at his response. "He says he'd rather not second guess a female so he's keeping his mouth shut," Han was all too happy to translate.

"Besides," he continued to drawl on in his usual cocky manner. "You're asking the wrong guy to begin with. Chewie here is used to all the derrogative terms and insults. It don't phase him anymore." Han angled his head over to look at his co-pilot. "Ain't that right, furball?"

Chewie elevated his head slightly and let loose a short woof of agreement. Satisfied with his response, Han turned back to the bird. "See? What'd I tell ya?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Fri, September 01st 2006 11:06pm    Post subject:

"Not him, but I don't think he wants that stuff flying around his kids," I noted. "And, well..."

I choked on the words. Dammit, do I have to say it? "I guess I took it the wrong way coming from you, too."

Ugh... dammit, why can't he make it easier to want to beat him to a pulp? I groaned mentally.

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, September 02nd 2006 01:44am    Post subject:

Hol or whatever her name was, was beginning to wear out her welcome. What started out as a simple talk was turning into a gossip session and Han was getting sick of it fast. Not to mention that the bed was looking more appealing all the time. What he wouldn't give to be able to crash down on it right now...

Ignoring the intense fatigue that was plaguing him, Han raised his brow and gave the bird woman his best smug smirk. "Wrong way, huh?" he repeated. "About time you admitted it. I guess it is true that you think too high of yourself then. Or maybe I just have that effect on people." He paused to grace her with another one of his famous grins. "Especially on the female side."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Sat, September 02nd 2006 11:44pm    Post subject:

The effect of making them vomit? I thought. I try to give him an olive branch, and he tries to shove it up my ass. Wonderful man...

"I'm apparently not the only one that thinks highly of themself," I muttered under my breath, then spoke up so he could hear. "Well, I'll leave you to your nap, then."

I stood, and gave Chewbacca a brief nod of respect.

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, September 03rd 2006 01:47am    Post subject:

The bird woman's expression twisted at his comment and it made Han want to smile until he saw that she was mumbling something to herself. Great, she ain't just some over-glorified bird, but a schizo too. That would explain a lot of things.

Han continued to watch her suspiciously as she announced she was leaving. Chewie returned her acknowledgement with a nod but Han couldn't tell if he was sincere or not. Still, it was great to finally get her the hell outta here.

"Good," he blurted out, not allowing his eyes to make contact with her. "You over stayed your welcome so as it is. And it was such a nice conversation too."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob

Post Posted: Sun, September 03rd 2006 02:13am    Post subject:

"Hmm, then we must do it again sometime," I remarked, continuing to the door. Now I just wanted to leave, any hopes of keeping Solo out of my life crushed by his sadistic ways.

Stopping on the way at Chewbacca, I reached up and patted the Wookiee on the arm. "You take care, okay, big guy?" I smiled. He was one of the few Rebels I felt any kind of warmth towards... really, it was just him and Nevin, with a shred of respect for Organa Solo after our brief meeting on Anteevy. Her husband, however, would make a great test dummy for those new droids R&D seemed to have a fixation with.

Finally reaching the door and opening it, I turned back. "By the way... you have beautiful children."

With that, I walked into the hallway.

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, September 03rd 2006 03:00am    Post subject:

A smug smirk appeared on Han's face as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Well, there's only one reason for that," he pointed out, pulling Jaina onto the bed with him. Jonash watched for a moment before taking a running start and hopping onto the bed as well. Han was quick to scoop up his son into an embrace. "They're Solos. They're gettin' nothing but the best."

When the door closed behind the bird woman, Han breathed a heavy sigh of relief and fell back against the bed. His head sunk into the over-stuffed pillows and he lay staring at the ceiling for a few moments. It wasn't long before he drifted off to sleep with one twin held securely under each arm.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet Hotel
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: