}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Government Center, Coronet (Surface)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Corellia » Government Center, Coronet (Surface)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, July 31st 2006 02:27am    Post subject: Government Center, Coronet (Surface)

Leia studied the decoration and adornment of the prestigious capitol of Corellia. The government, never particularly warm to any galactic government, had agreed to host what was the latest in a series of negotiation conferences. This time, Leia had it set in her mind that she was not leaving without Han behind her.

An antiquated, but heavily polished and painstakingly maintained, Servo-O-Droid model had just served her a drink. The Imperials were certainly taking their time in getting here. Apparently, making her wait must have been some sign of Imperial sovereignty and supremacy. Or maybe it was just them being late.

Whatever the reason, Leia was getting frustrated. The more time she was alone was the more time she had to think about the absurdity of all of this. It also gave her more time to think about what she was going to say. There were going to be no eloquent speeches here, and Leia found she couldn’t negotiate if she had all of her words laid out. It just didn’t work that way.

She looked over at her companion, who was often a competitor. Still, Borsk was in the important office of Vice Chair and the director of diplomacy. It was right for him to be here. Leia felt a little more secure knowing that she wasn’t charging into this blindly.

Sighing, she leaned back in the overtly comfortable chair. There wasn’t much to speak about with Borsk – what they had to say had been said in the days’ trip to Corellia, and the remainder of it had been expressed in the hour of waiting in this hall.

Then, to her empty delight, the door slid open. Ams and Shayera Jendob entered the room. Han was behind them. She stood up, preparing to face them.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, July 31st 2006 11:21pm    Post subject:

The three of us entered the hall, and I spotted Organa Solo. Fey'lya was with her, as well. She seemed annoyed, but we were right on time...
I glanced down at a wall clock, then at my wrist chrono.
Blast! An hour behind... damn time difference.
No wonder she was irritated. Well, no use trying to make excuses. The situation was already tense enough, though, I had no doubt her husband would try to exacerbate things.
"Good morning, Madame Chief of State, Vice Chair. I'm sorry we're late," I greeted the two Rebels.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, August 01st 2006 11:55pm    Post subject:

Leia simply nodded. Perhaps if the meeting had been like one of the many held a month ago, Leia would have greeted Jendob as a friend. Now, she just wanted to get Han back and leave his elitist self far behind.

"I'm sure it won't hamper our progress," she said flatly. "Please have a seat."

As they sat, Borsk began to speak to Jendob. She instead looked towards Han. He was sitting uneasily at the other end of the table. Taking the liberty of entering his mind, Leia wasn't surprised to sense the feelings of confusion and longing within him. But he was beyond confusion. Organa Solo couldn't accurately describe it.

Back to top »
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You

Post Posted: Fri, August 04th 2006 01:47am    Post subject:

WARNING: This post contains a lot of foul language (in the form of thoughts), innuendo, and crude humor (I think it still does, anyway :p).

Please, do not read if you are easily offended, and if you do read this and are offended, you were warned. That is all.

Ams sat down, as Organa Solo requested. I followed a second later, sitting on his left, across from Fey'lya. He was wearing some strange, purple, Imperial-esque tunic, contrasting sharply with the white dress uniforms Ams and I had on. The Chief of State was wearing just a semi-formal outfit, nothing really special. But what was interesting was how large her belly was, and out of proportion with her otherwise slender frame. An entire year suddenly evaporated as I recalled when I was in the same condition. And unless I was mistaken, she already had twins, making this her third child... and she was only thirty-one.
"I hope it won't," Ams answered the woman's fairly terse greeting. He was surprisingly calm on the surface, considering we were an hour late (as I'd been telling him, but who listens to the wife-slash-security chief?) and Solo had been needling him since we landed yesterday. But Ams didn't react once. I figured after punching the arrogant Corellian in the nose, we vented a good deal of frustration with the man.
Fey'lya spoke next, more than a hint of self-importance in his tone, as if he were making a grand sacrifice to meet with us "evil Empire folk." Frakkin' cocky, arrogant... they're the epitome of what Ams has tried to steer the Empire from...
"Certainly. To begin with," Ams threw a glance over at Solo, "the return of your Commander-in-Chief."
"I think that's why we're all here," the Alderaanian princess said.
"This makes me get all warm and fuzzy inside," Solo mocked from the other side of Ams. How Organa Solo put up with him, especially after the Galaxy at large knew he was carrying on with an Imperial spy undercover as a Rebel officer (Drugged him my ass...), was beyond me. How anyone could fall in love with someone so in love with himself that he seemingly had no room for anyone else...
He was Ams' complete opposite. Sure, the Rebels tried to make him look like our version of Solo in their lies and rumors, but it wasn't true. Ams had something Solo could only dream of: a heart. Hells, a lot of Imperials and Rebels could use one, but at least this time the show was being run by someone with one. I could only hope the same happened to the Alliance... Nevin would make a good leader.
At least by tomorrow, this prick will be thousands of lightyears away, I thought about Solo.
"What are your terms?" I heard the Bothan ask, and immediately snapped back to the present moment instead of a blissfully Solo-free immediate future just to see the faces of the two politicians.
Ams smiled thinly, leaning back against his chair, as if he were savoring the words in his mouth. "None. He's yours."
Dropping the reverie was well-worth it. Fey'lya gaped, and I almost could've sworn he actually said, "..."
Solo's response was a little less... subtle, consisting of him obnoxiously slamming his hands on the table, and almost shouting, "Good, then let's get outta here..."
I wondered if being loud and noisy was the way human men made up for certain physical inadequecies. And if it was, was it proportional? If so, then I really felt bad for Organa Solo. Ams on the other hand, was quiet, conserved... I smirked to myself as the train of thought continued. Well, my theory had definite evidence.
"No," I heard Organa Solo say, and at first wondered what she meant before recalling--no?! "I don't believe you," she continued.
I saw Solo lean forward, and give his wife a look. Ams looked completely shocked, his ocean green eyes wide and his dark brows sitting high above them. Even I was surprised, despite my feelings toward the Commander.
"After your giant show to scores of people on the Holonet? No," the woman finished, studying Ams.
Unfortunately, he was quite beside himself. But he regained control, of his voice anyway, soon enough. "You don't want him back?" he asked.
"Oh, I do," Organa Solo answered. "But this is too simple, Moff."
Talk about looking a gift speeder in the mouth...
"I'm sure as hell not staying with you, if that's what you're getting at!" Solo barked
I'd had enough. Getting to my feet, I glared at him and growled, "Believe me, you're not."
"Exarch," Ams said calmly, his order unspoken but clear as crystal. I sat down, closing my mouth.
Then Organa Solo took her potshot. "I no longer trust your good intentions, Moff," she said as her apparently rejected husband sat back down.
Ams scowled slightly, and folded his arms. "Then what do you want me to say, Ma'am? That every Rebel must surrender first and work in spice mines or factories? Or that you'll be lined up in front of a firing squad?" he seethed at her.
"I want you to stop trying to deceive me."
"Dece--!" He couldn't finish the word. "I'm not trying--" he shouted, then stopped, and took a deep breath. He started again, much more calmly, but there was masked undercurrent of his previous emotional state. The only way I could even pick up on it was because I'd know him since I was fourteen.
"I bet," Solo mumbled. Of all the... we offer you a frakking ticket back to your wife and kids and you think it's a trick?! Frak you, you bastard! Frak you. How dare you call yourself a father and husband?
Fey'lya apparently didn't take kindly to his interjection, either, given the way his fur ruffled. "I believe what the Chief of State is trying to say is that we dodn't expect even you, certainly not the Empire as a whole, to seize the esteemed commander here onlt for you to highly publicize his capture and return him to us."
Maybe we're not all blood-sucking bastards like you think... "Would you rather he just stayed locked up forever, with your guys combing over Bespin for the next forty years before realizing we had him?" I answered.
"You know, they ain't that stupid. Forty years?" Solo challenged. Oh, how ironic... "ain't?" Damn, buddy, Basic isn't even my first language and I know better. Besides, they have you in a position of power; they have to stupid to do that.
"It's a big planet," I countered simply as the Bothan tried to step in, referring to "sparing us the rubbish."
He then continued, with a distinctly jingoist tone in his voice. "I would rather have the commander here 'locked up forever' than for but one soul in the Alliance to be endangered. That is my patriotic duty," he rambled, lifting his snout towards the window, holding his llamaish head high.
Seven Frakkin' Hells, I thought. This guy makes Ishin Il-Raz's speeches look like invitations to a tea party.
"You just contradicted yourself, furface!" Solo barked.
Fey'lya was unmoved in expression, though his words showed otherwise. "Your life is a contradiction, skinbag."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I never pictured Rebel officers throwing around such bigoted terms so casually. So much for being accepting of aliens... something of a racist concept in and of itself. To me, humans could be classed as aliens, although, they didn't really feel it to me, probably because I'd been with them so long. But still... hell, the Empire at least had an excuse: they were blatantly pro-human under Palpatine. Shitty excuse to be sure, but they didn't pretend to love everyone equally. Same even today, really, though it was no longer official practice.
"Okay!" Organa Solo laughed nervously. "That's enough here."
Once again, Solo decided to show his impotence by pounding his fists on the table AND trying to make as much racket as possible to establish some form of dominance. And, to top it off, he began to get up, as if to say he was too important to be with us. If I had my way, he'd be in chains in the brig of the Prestige. Lucky for him, Ams was much more generous than me.
"I'm sure you see our point," Solo's unfortunate wife continued. Then without warning, her Bothan companion snorted, showering Solo with mucus. Ams and I both drew back instinctively. But Organa Solo continued as if nothing happened. "Do you not?"
"Not exactly," Ams retorted. "Unless you're implying that this is somehow not the same man that was captured on Bespin."
His tone by itself said he'd had enough of the Rebellion's antics. If they wanted Solo, take him. If not, back to prison.
"I'm implying you're being too generous," the pregnant woman shot back.
What the frak? Too generous? You're just as bad as your husband!
"Oh, I'm the same man all right," Solo drawled. Define man. "I can think of plenty of ways to prove that."
Ugh, keep it in your pants, pig. Or I can think of a real good way... cut your heart out and do a DNA analysis. A blood sample would work, but why do it half-way?
Fey'lya wasn't amused by Solo's remarks either. "Your stench?" he quipped.
I had to smirk at the Bothan for an instant as Solo made some remark about womprats. The enemy of my enemy... He definitely knew how to get under the bastard's skin.
"If you'd prefer to call yourself a womprat, then of course," the Vice Chair smiled suavely... for a Bothan, anyway.
"If we could get back on topic," the Chief of State interjected forcefully.
"Yes, please," Ams agreed, casting looks of disgust at the Bothan and human next to him.
"I was merely confirming that we have the same man sitting at this table," Fey'lya sighed. "Fortunately."
Yeah, and you're keeping him.
It didn't take a theoretical physicist to realize he was probably mentally negating that statement. And Solo didn't seem pleased with it either. As I looked over the table at him, he looked ready to pounce on his antagonist. I began seriously wondering how the Alliance held together with people like Fey'lya, Solo, Victorinox, and others like them. The next thing I questioned was what made people like Nevin, who were intelligent and thinking people, join this self-destructive terrorist group.
"Now then, Ma'am, just what exactly was it that you were implying?" Ams asked, an edge to his tone.
Organa Solo wasn't put off by it. "The councilor did explain it accurately, if not curtly."
It was very rare I heard my husband scoff in earnest, but now one such time. "Forgive me for not being a stereotypical, Tarkin-esque officer and confirming your propaganda and personal biases about Imperial officers," Ams commented, his voice oozing sarcasm. "I'll do my best to correct it so I don't disappoint next time? Shall I send his severed head via first class freight? Perhaps on the birthday of your children? Would that soothe your ego of the chafing it endured by my audacity to defy the stereotype?"
"You already did enough, you bastard. Don't act so innocent," Solo murmured.
Frak off, nerfhumper, I mused.
"I never said I was innocent," Ams countered. Hells, he knew what he did. And the Rebels weren't knights in shining armor, either.
"No matter how much you claim the Empire has changed, Jendob, you'll never convince me you're as moral as you put yourself off to be," Fey'lya said, inexplicably allying with Solo now.
"And you'll never convince me this war is some grand quest o liberate the Galaxy instead of a political power-grab."
"The evidence you need is sitting right in your seat," the furry being shot back.
Then the slightly less furry one jumped in. "No, in this case I think it got shoved up there a bit further."
Oh, please, I thought. "Let's not bring your preferences into it, Commander."
"Insecure about something, Wings?" he asked, using one of the most insulting and racially derogatory terms someone could use for a Thanagarian. Flames shot up my spine, to my hands and fingers, which cried out with their desire to wrap around Solo's throat and strangle the life from him on the spot. "Why bring that up?"
You're the one that clearly has an obsession with getting it there, scum... not me. I felt anger beginning to boil over, and I really wanted to see my children before their fourth birthday, meaning I couldn't be serving a three-year sentence on Corellia if I throttled him. So I just closed my eyes, and took a deep breath before saying slowly, clearly, and dangerously, "Call me that again, and you won't have to worry about the Rebels taking you back."
"You won't get very far," he answered haughtily.
Arrogant little groundling. Remember when I shattered your jaw, smartass? Oh, wait, you probably have that memory blocked, dontcha? Can't bear the thought of someone with wings and an Imperial uniform besting the Almighty Han Solo, can you? Ams, you don't know how good it is you're between us... or the Rebels would be getting him back a piece at a time.
"I think everyone has something up their ass today. Now, if you don't mind..." Organa Solo snapped. I was tempted to comment, but kept the words to myself.
"Indeed," Ams noted, responding to Organa Solo's brief loss of control. Hells, she took it better than I would've at that stage... she looked to be a good six months along anyway. I probably would've gone for an autogun and just sprayed everyone (except Ams) with azure death. "Perhaps we should reconvene tomorrow? Allow tempers to cool?"
"Good luck dragging me here," Solo apparently had no idea when to shut the frak up.
"Not our problem, Solo--" I began but the Solos' Bothan friend apparently felt the need to express himself too.
Fey'lya sneered at him. "You will be 'dragged here' unless you want to remain with your malefactors."
I couldn't resist. "Hey, I resent that. I didn't touch him." I'd need gloves from a hazardous environment suit before I'd touch him again.
"Not everything in the Empire is personally performed by you, unless I'm gravely mistaken, Exarch. I meant the Empire as a whole."
Considering the quality of your security and intelligence services, I could be the kriffin' Empress and you wouldn't know.
"She likes to think she controls everything," Solo remarked.
Like you know the first thing about me...
"Anyway," the Corellian went on, "You're handing me back, what else do we need to discuss? Why come back tomorrow?"
How pompous can you be? I wondered as Fey'lya informed him that the Alliance "wasn't ready to bring him back."
"There's more to this Galaxy than you, Solo. Please try to cope," Ams shot back. I smirked a little.
Solo glared at his wife and the Bothan before turning his gaze to my husband. "I think you shuold be tellin' your wife the same thing."
Organa Solo seemed to ignore the evil look. "Tomorrow. Tomorrow will be better, I think."
"Yes, tomorrow will be fine," Ams agreed.
"Sure don't act it."
Ugh, shut up!
"However, the Commander is all yours," he continued despite Solo's interruption. I doubted the others present could pick it up, but I definitely heard a masked hint of relief in his voice. "At least while we're on the planet. Until then, Madame Chief of State. Vice Chair."
He nodded to each respectfully--somehow--then rose to his feet. Organa Solo returned it, though it was probably more for show than any real meaning. I got up after him, and we walked back out to the speeder we rented from the Hotel.
"Ugh... I am so glad we're out of there," I sighed as we drove off.
Ams grunted. "You're not the only one Shy. You're not the only one."
I reached over and rested my hand on his. He glanced over and smiled, as if the ordeal that we left behind in the government building never happened.
Well, at least we're rid of Solo... till tomorrow.

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, August 08th 2006 12:06am    Post subject:

Things hadn’t changed much since yesterday. The meeting room still had the aura of a typical political arena and the walls were still that awful shade of white which brought to mind the image of space outside the Falcon’s forward viewport just before entering hyperspace. In more ways than one, the meeting itself could be compared to the transition from real to hyperspace, but I kept my mouth shut. Who was expecting change anyway?

I wasn’t. Plain and simple. The outcome of this meeting was already determined before it even began. It was the typical Imperial way of handling things. Come in, get what they want and take the whole damn Sabacc pot with ‘em, leaving their opponent in the dust. So far, what happened yesterday seemed to be fitting nicely into that pattern. But I wanted to tip the tables a bit more and judging from Leia’s reaction yesterday, she was keen on doing the same thing. Borsk, well…Borsk always seemed to want to spin the tables around - even if it was on his own people. No point even bothering with him after yesterday. He was only out for himself. I know, ironic comin’ from a guy like me, but what’re ya gonna do when the furball thinks his shit don’t stink?

As if on cue, the doors on the far side of the meeting room slid aside to emit Ams Jendob and his avian she-devil. With everything else that was going on, I was surprised their entrance wasn’t marked by a grand fanfare of trumpets from the gods. Jendob seemed to think he and his wife were holy saints and heads above everyone else. Well, I had to agree to an extent. He was “holy” alright. But for a very different reason. My blaster would make sure of that.

Jendob continued his slow, steady gait across the room until he came to the table and took a seat. His head dipped slightly in acknowledgement. But I was quick to pick up on his gesture and how it had been mostly aimed at my wife and the Bothan. Of course, who would want to acknowledge a scoundrel and ex-smuggler like myself at a political rally? The bird woman followed the same motions as the pompous man at her left and the thought of mindless drones came to mind. Maybe the Empire was up to more than petty tricks and dreams of annihilation.

My arms crossed over my chest in defiance as the Empire’s right hand man began to speak his lies. “So, Madame Chief of State,” he rattled on passively with a wave of his hand. “Have you decided to take your Commander in Chief back or was last night just a rental?”

A rental?! I’ll show that buck-faced nerf what last night was like. I wasn’t anyone’s property! Last night was spent with us gettin’ reacquainted. I’d be willing to show him what that was like, but he probably wouldn’t understand, having been deprived of such things himself. That was yet another notch on my belt I held above him.

But of course, things could never be easy. After last night, I thought it was decided that Leia would agree to take me back and end this real quick. Apparently her political nature got the best of ‘er yet again and she decided to play in Jendob’s game. “I still doubt your intentions,” she breathed calmly beside me.

A simple roll of the eyes and a sigh was all I needed to show her my disapproval. Not to mention give a clue to Jendob as well. The man must’ve saw my reaction because soon after, a deranged smirk crossed his face. “You would rather have some outrageous demand placed on you then?” he taunted.

An outrageous demand could be arranged. How ‘bout I line you and your wife up outside with your arms and legs tied together? Then we can all take out our frustrations by takin’ cheap shots at you. Then afterwards, hang ya up in Coronet Square for the entire planet to ridicule. I would actually pay good credits to see that, but I still managed to keep my cool. Somehow. “Quit playin’ games, Moff,” I growled through clenched teeth. “Some of us wanna go home.”

“Well, three of us anyway,” the Moff corrected with a raise of his brow. “The only games I see are coming from your side, Commander.”

My hand found the edge of the table before clamping down on it…hard. Most of the time, birdy was worse with her clipped comments and high and mighty attitude, but today, it was Jendob working on my nerves. The corners of my mouth twisted into a sneer as I leaned forward to dish out my two credits, but a soft weight on my thigh stopped my movement. Leia’s hand rested there for a moment to comfort before slipping away. Dammit, whenever I finally find the chance to really give it to ‘em, she always comes along. As usual, I slunk back down into the chair and waited for my next opportunity.

“Now then Ma’am,” he continued, throwing a quick glance in my direction. “What is it you would be willing to surrender to have him back, since it seems just giving him to you isn’t enough?”

Leia’s expression dropped for a moment before she took a deep breath to respond to the man’s crazy demands. “That would be pointless,” she pointed out, the disappointment in her voice was evident. I knew it all too well to dismiss it.

“Don’t make this more difficult,” I muttered to her out of the side of my mouth. Sure, she was upset about the proceedings, I think we all were, but she was dragging more into it than was necessary. Must’ve been a female thing.

“You’re one to talk,” she snapped quietly before shifting her gaze back to Jendob. This man was gonna pay for making her this uptight. I had enough stuff like this on a daily basis with her being pregnant. I didn’t need him contributing to it. “I don’t trust you one bit,” she admitted to the other man. “But I don’t have much of a choice.”

A smug expression crossed the Moff’s face and it set off another spark of anger in me. I wanted to follow up on my offer ‘bout taking shots at him now. “Well, at least we can agree about not trusting each other,” he concluded with a small smile. “So, I guess this means you’re willing to just take the Commander back now?”

Then again, maybe this guy was denser than what I initially thought. Or maybe he was just plain stupid. He did remind me of that type with plenty of knowledge ‘bout stuff that wasn’t important, but a complete idiot when it came to street smarts. It would be an interesting experience to allow him to tag along with me one day in the dung hole of Corellia. It was almost a guarantee he wouldn’t survive.

Something else that was sure to mark the apocalypse, Borsk was generally thinking the same thing - or at least agreeing with what I was thinking. The furball took a deep breath and seethed his frustration out through a windy sigh. “I believe that is what she is insinuating.”

Jendob focused his attention to Borsk with another smile, oblivious to what was really going on. Yup, I was convinced now. This man was naive and stupid. “Very good then,” he expressed in a truly thankful tone. There’s another notch on my belt above him. “Shall we move onto the next issue, or do you have one of your own to bring up?”

Another issue? How long could one person drag this meeting out? As far as I was concerned, I was the main reason we were here and everything was settled on that end. Jendob just seemed to be sniffin’ for an excuse to keep things hostile between us. He claimed to be the catalyst for freedom and the bringer of equality and all that bull shit, but it was only a mask on the surface. Jendob wanted control. And as long as we were around, he wouldn’t have the opportunity to claim it. He was the typical Imp in and out regardless of what he said.

My arms once again crossed over my chest as I blew out a long, audible sigh. I wanted to make sure he knew my position in this. But that was as far as I went. Gettin’ into an all out political war with him--with anyone for that matter, wasn’t worth it.

“Not yet,” Leia offered to the man, shifting in her chair to make herself more comfortable. To be honest, I couldn’t blame her. She was six months along with our third child and well, things were getting a little touchy in places. And it wasn’t wise to get on the wrong side of a pregnant woman.

The Imperial Moff stifled a sigh before reaching for something under the tabletop. My hand was instinctively drawn to my right thigh and came to rest on the butt of my DL-44. I didn’t trust this guy any further than I could throw him. If he was gonna try something here and now, I’ll be ready. But it wasn’t needed. The guy only came up with a data pad. “What of the future of this demilitarized zone?” he questioned as his eyes gazed over the tiny screen.

So, now he was moving his stubborn power to Corellia. Tough chance! My eyes narrowed as I leaned against the table, my tone low and dangerous. “It’s stayin’ the way it is,” I threatened. I had enough
Jendob cocked an eyebrow as he raised his gaze to lock with mine. He hesitated only for a moment, a hint of surprise and relief crossing his features. “Good,’ the man said simply, smiling fully.

Or maybe that didn’t work out exactly how I planned it. The man was supposed to feel like he was doing something wrong and correct the problem - hence, pulling his forces off of Corellia and never return. But instead, he was agreeing with me! I couldn’t stand it. A surge of anger shot up my spine as I quickly changed my decision out of spite and to make my point as clear as the lakes on this very planet. “Although,” I drawled in an even tone. “It may be better to pull out completely.”

“I think it’s fine how it is,” Leia’s voice rang out after mine. Her face was barely visible out of my peripheral vision, but I could tell she wasn’t happy with my statement. What else was new?

Jendob nodded, adding the last load to break the ronto’s back. “I agree,” he said suavely.

Ok, as I said before, I ain’t the type of guy to really give a damn ‘bout any kind of politics. I usually tend to back off and watch from a distance and let the people who know what they’re doing dish it back and forth. Sure, I have my opinions, but they’re opinions better left unspoken. No one wants to hear what a smuggler thinks anyway. Makes me wonder sometimes why they even invite me to these little meetings, but that ain’t the point. The point is that stuck-up, overzealous Moff brought up my home planet and had every intention to keep it to himself. Corellia is one of the few subjects in politics that I would speak out on. Some may find it surprising that I actually give a damn ’bout a single planet, but hey, I grew up here. I need to stay loyal to my roots after all.

“They don’t want anyone here,” I scowled in the Moff’s direction before taking a quick glance at Leia. She was raising a hand to the bridge of her nose as if to ease a headache and sighed in disgust. Sorry, sweetheart, need to get this off my chest. “As I was tellin’ him earlier, he’s lucky to even have a head still attached to his shoulders.”

The fur trailing down Borsk’s neck began to ripple and I knew I was gonna get it from the other end next. But you know what? Let them think what they want. I had my views and I sure as hell was gonna stick with ‘em. The creme colored Bothan leaned against the table and focused his beady little eyes on my face. “No one is here,” the Bothan corrected with his over-stuffed pride. “We just agree that no one WILL take this planet or fight over it.”

“Exactly, Vice Chair,” the Moff added his own commentary with that same clipped nod.

No one would fight over it, huh? I sure as hell would. That pack rat may think he had me beat, but I wasn’t ‘bout to give up. Uncrossing my arms and placing them firmly on the table, I leaned in a bit closer so that I could get a better view of what I was dealing with. It’s a wise decision to always know your opposition. “Yet we keep using ‘er as a place to settle our debts. Don’t ya think they’re sick of that?” I paused for a moment and let my gaze linger on the Moff. “If you agree that no one will take this planet, then let’s stop holding these pointless meetings here.”

Jendob remained silent for a moment, obviously letting my words sink into that very exposed mind of his, before one of his eyebrows cocked in curiosity. “If memory serves,” he began, allowing his body to relax a bit into the chair. “This is the third time in two years, Commander. “The first with your Admiral Ackbar and myself, another a few months after war was declared by the Alliance, and then this latest run of talks.”

“That’s still enough!” I spat, not being able to control the anger seething toward the man any longer. My hand came down and began to tap repeatedly against the table to try and emphasize my point as I spoke. “There’s other places to hide if we want to!”

The flea-infested fur belonging to Borsk rippled again in irritation. It almost made me smile to see I was gettin’ under his skin as well. “It’s a neutral site, Commander,” he growled almost beast-like. “It is perfect for conventions.”
So, you just think this is all fun and games, furface? Of course you would think that. You can have fun at your little “convention,” but I’m here to take care of business. The fate of the Corellian people could depend on it - which is where I had an advantage. “Yea, well, the Corellians don’t want it,” I hissed through clenched teeth. “I can guarantee that.”

The Bothan snorted. “I don’t think you can.” A toothy smile spread over his features that made me want to shoot him. “’Else we would have been refused here, wouldn’t we?”

Jendob’s face remained solemn as once again, his annoying tone rang true. “One would think,” he pushed himself forward and gave me a smug expression. “Besides, I have quite a few personal friends, both among the populace and in civil positions. They didn’t seem to have much of an issue.”

It doesn’t take a stretch of the imagination to figure out why those particular friends didn’t have much of an issue. If they were all under league with Jendob, they were all probably kissin’ his ass to tell him what he wanted to hear. Pure lies. All of ‘em. There was no way he had people in all the right places. Even outstanding smugglers like Talon Karrde didn’t have that. “As I said,” I sneered with a dark expression. “You’ll find out when you are a smoldering mark on the side of a building.” My tone lightened marginally and a slight smirk tugged at my lips at the ridiculous notion. “People in civil positions who you’re “friends” with aren’t the regular populace.”

That damn bastard completely ignored me. Apparently I was right all along ‘bout his lies and he couldn’t take it anymore. Try to salvage what’s left, huh Moff? Unfortunately, it was a little late for that. But he tried to cover his tracks anyway. “So, Madame Chief of State, Vice Chair,” he glared at me before continuing, purposely leaving out my title. “It is agreed that Corellia will remain a demilitarized zone and will not be subject to annexation attempts?”

Oh no, you don’t. I ain’t lettin’ you cover it up that easily. “If we move these little pow-wows elsewhere,” I growled again in a dangerous tone.

Again, my attempts went unnoticed. Jendob was avoiding eye contact with me now and no wonder. I would avoid eye contact with myself too if I just flat out lied like that. Leia shifted again at my side as a signal that she had had enough of all this bull shit too. “I believe I said that,” she stated sternly in Jendob’s direction.

“Just confirming,” the Moff smiled, ignoring her tone of voice and stumbling forward anyway.

That passive smile of his is what did it. I’d knock every single one of his teeth out if I had to. Hell, I owed him after what he did to me back on Coruscant. No one lays one on me and gets away with it. “Fine then,” I grumbled. “Get your head blown off. Ignore me. You’ll find out.” I was tempted to run my finger across my throat in a gesture to him that he was dead, but decided against it.

“Chief of State!” Borsk howled when I was finished. “I believe Commander Solo should be prepared to return to his suite…”

It wasn’t surprising that it sounded like the foul-smellin’ rodent was talkin’ to a child. Everyone out of his inner circle was below him and considered a child. It’s a wonder he still maintains his current position and Leia even bothers to put up with him. But his suggestion to return to the room and miss out on all the aggressive mud-slingin‘? Hardly. “Oh no, I ain’t goin’ no where,” I glared. “I’m makin’ sure this gets done right. And you should be happy, for once I ain’t trying to screw the Moff over. I’m actually giving him advice.”

“Thank you, Commander,” Jendob rolled his eyes. “However, I have a little more faith in the Corellians than you seem to.”

Now that was a far stretch. You’re just tryin’ to get under my skin again, aren’t ya? Keep on trying, Jendob. I’m actually starting to enjoy this. But a disgusted sigh at my left informed me that my wife wasn’t. As I turned to look at her, I saw her shake her head subtly in frustration. “Let’s just continue,” she mumbled.

Well, if that was any indication… “Oh, I have complete faith in ‘em,” I stated with a smug smirk. “What makes you think they’ll be on your side?”

The Moff returned my smirk as he spoke. “Oh, they’re not on anyone’s side but their own,” he answered. “And I have no intentions of interfering.”

A larger smile crossed over my features. Now he was starting to understand my reasoning. “Now you’re gettin’ it,” I beamed.

“He always has!” Borsk butt in, his nostrils flaring in anger as he bore his gaze into me. A pair of scissors would’ve been handy right ‘bout now.

Jendob’s nostrils flared in the same manner and for a moment, I thought I could see a resemblance between the Imperial Moff and the Bothan. Long lost brothers? “And I don’t think the Corellians would like to interfere with the billions of Imperial credits that flow through their economy regularly,” he spat in a clipped Coruscantii accent. “Now then, Ma’am,” he continued, trying to change the subject yet again.

Well, alright, he had a point ‘bout the credits. Corellians, myself included, would do anything for a good amount of cash. But that was ‘bout the only thing the Imps could flash in their faces and actually have them fall for it. It was only a small victory in a sea of losses. It still got me thinkin’, though, and it wasn’t just about the credits. It went deeper than that and I lost touch on the conversation that was going on. Not like I was contributing much to it anyway. But that was just it - what was I doing there?

Before I could delve into it further, Jendob said something that caught my attention. He was rattling on ‘bout conditions of the war and how to end it. What he suggested had to be the dumbest thing I heard come out of a politician’s mouth. Was this guy serious? “That ain’t gonna make a difference,” I interjected into their conversation. “You think handing a planet over to you is gonna make everyone happy and solve all problems?” I shook my head in disgust at the notion.

The man sighed and prepared himself for another one of my rebuttals. “I’ve heard no complaints from the Thanagarians,” he stated in his twisted mind of thinking. “Well, except why we haven’t hunted down the one in your ranks.”

Maybe all these talks were starting to drive him insane ‘cause that didn’t make any sense whatsoever. “What the hell does that have to do with anything?” I questioned with raised brow.

Once again, Borsk had one of those rare moments of actually agreeing with me. He looked about as lost as I was right now, but he managed to gather something together. “They’re also in your hand,” he pointed out proudly.

Jendob looked more lost than ever and it brought a small smile to my lips. But it wasn’t Jendob who responded. It was that demon-possessed bird thing sitting beside him. I thought I was gonna get through this without hearing her voice again, but apparently that wasn’t meant to be the case. “Uh, no,” she faltered. “We’re not.”

The grating sound of her voice within my ears was what tipped me completely over. What the Moff was saying to begin with wasn’t making sense and on top of all that, this kriffin’ woman couldn’t keep her mouth shut. Bad mistake. “Look, this ain’t about your bird coup!” I growled at her, my eyes narrowed in a glare. “We were talkin’ about the war.”

Her transformation from arrogant bird woman to beastly bird demon was interesting to watch to say the least. A smug smile crossed my lips as my hands once more crossed my chest when she rose to her feet with a snarl. I thought for sure she was gonna bound over the table and attempt to strangle me, but that never came. “Looks like someone needs a time out,” I commented with a hint of amusement.

“She’s not the one showing how bigoted the Alliance really is,” the Moff cut in, his expression matching that of his wife.

Leia grew tense at my side the next moment. Her head raised up as her gaze focused in on the Moff, anger present on her features. “She is showing just how uncivilized the mighty civilization of our era really is, however,” he spat back at the man.

The sides of the bird woman’s mouth tightened before she finally sank back down in her chair. I knew better than to believe she had brushed it off. Once you riled one of those bird creatures up, it was hard to get them to back down. “No,” she smiled. “Just me.”

Yup, she wasn’t done. And neither was I. “No,” I snapped back. “I think she was right the first time.”

Jendob shot me another one of his evil glances before turning his attention back to Leia. “Then again, would you tolerate it if someone threw racial slurs at you?”

Aww, racial slurs. If that big, bad bird woman of his couldn’t get over the simple fact that people were gonna poke fun no matter what, she needed to get her head examined. After all, the galaxy didn’t revolve around her fragile avian race and their cronies. Hell, they were just a small portion. She needed to wake up and get a real taste of what the galaxy’s really like. Maybe I should take her out on an underworld excursion as well.

Almost as if it was an afterthought, the bird woman focused her gaze back on me, her eyes threatening to shoot lasers at my forehead. Maybe she was slow like her husband if it took her this long to realize I had spoken. “I didn’t ask YOU!” she shouted across the table.

“I didn’t know this was a closed conversation,” I quipped, rolling my eyes and glancing back over at Leia.

“Exarch,” the calm and quiet voice of Jendob filtered through the raised voice of his wife. “Perhaps you should leave the room for a moment?”

Yes, perhaps she should. Maybe flying around the building with her legs tied to a wire would do her good. Just like one of those little action figure toys Jonash and Jaina had stowed away in their room somewhere. She’d be a hit - literally.

Birdy must’ve mumbled some disagreeable comment under her breath because Jendob reinforced his suggestion with a slight edge to his voice. “It wasn’t a suggestion, Shayera,” he stated sternly. The woman gave him one final annoyed look before stepping around the table and leaving the room. The Moff sighed before turning back to us. “My apologies,” he said. “But certain things tend to strike a nerve.”

“Understandable,” Leia agreed somberly. Well, of course she would go ahead and agree with him. She was a diplomat and in a situation like this, she needed to go with the best. Even if the best wasn’t what she wanted personally. I knew I was happy to see ‘ole feather duster leave the room. Now maybe things would start progressing at a smoother pace.

“I don’t believe she will be attending any future meetings,” Jendob mumbled in a quiet tone with his head lowered. Oh, for kriff’s sake! It wasn’t gonna be the end of the world now that his precious bird couldn’t attend the meetings with him. These Imps really had issues they had to get over.

“I don’t mean to kick the bantha in the ass twice,” I drawled, waving my hand before my face dismissively. “But maybe now we can get back to work.” My hand dropped to my side and I sat forward, sitting a little straighter in the chair.

Borsk cocked a hairy eyebrow before steepling his fingers before him on the table. “An ironic thing to say, Commander,” his voice was even with a hint of defiance. He mumbled something deep in his throat before speaking quietly to Jendob. “But it isn’t a bad idea.”

“Perhaps, Vice Chair,” the Moff agreed solemnly, brushing a finger over his chin in thought. He sighed audibly before continuing on in his speech. “Unfortunately, His Imperial Majesty will not compromise on the planet.” His eyes shifted up marginally to connect with Leia’s. “And I take it you will not either.” Another moment, and he nodded in what looked like disappointment. It was probably satisfaction deep down, I mused. “Then this war is inevitable.”

“Although,” I chimed in, my hand rubbing idly at my ear. “You’re not making sense. What does Duro have to do with ending the war?” I stopped and pushed forward, my gaze resting on each of the occupants around the table. “Just sounds like a lame excuse to me.”

I noted that Jendob’s expression darkened at hearing my voice again. At least it told me I was doing my job. “The Emperor has decided to keep his reasons private,” he stated.

My brow shot up as my expression turned to taunt him. “Maybe because he doesn’t have reasons?”

“Enough!” Leia called out, halting the discussion between myself and Jendob. Somehow, I figured it was my fault that she had to step in again. “It’s clear that nothing’s going to be resolved. Even if by some strange twist of fate we were to cede you Duro, it wouldn’t solve a single thing.” She paused, straightening her dress momentarily. She took a deep breath, looking at me for a second before continuing. “Even if this war were to end now, we would be back to the reason why I reinitiated it.”

“Bloodthirst and lust for power?” Jendob inquired with a twisted sneer of his lip.

Leia’s complexion quickly reddened at the Moff’s comment. I thought for sure she was gonna lay in on him, but she quickly recomposed herself. That was something ‘bout Leia that I always admired. “People don’t want peace,” she retorted, glaring at the man across from her. “And it will lead to more fighting if we change something that is, for now, immutable.”

“And probably not just militaries,” the creme colored Bothan piped in. “But civilians as well.”

As usual, the fancy political stuff Leia was spewing was quickly forgotten and instead, I moved back to what Jendob had said. He just couldn’t get over the immature jabs and quick thrusts. Well, I was considered a master at that game. “I think ya got the wrong government there, Moff,” I grumbled in a low tone, my eyes narrowing to challenge him further.

Of course, he took the bait. “No, actually I don’t Commander,” he said matter of factly. “The Empire is actually prospering far more now than when it was spanning the galaxy. We’re not as stretched, we can assist worlds in crisis instead of burying them in the bureaucracy.” A twisted smile appeared on his face as he focused his attention to me and Leia. “And then there’s the Holy and Almighty Rebel Alliance, savior of billions. Unless you count those you and your Thanagarian puppet-master exploit for her gain.”

An audible snort reverberated from further down the table as Borsk issued a sound that sounded like he had a mynock stuffed up his nose. “Is that so, Moff?” he hissed, baring his flattened teeth. “I recall the Empire prospering as it slaughtered billions, their only concern being how difficult it would be to mop up the blood.”

I felt like punching the man in the face but instead, I managed a lopsided grin to overtake my features. Better to show satisfaction and piss him off more. “Ahh, I see, Moff,” I taunted him, smiling wider and making it appear as if I was really enjoyin’ myself. “You just contradicted yourself. I thought the Thanagarians are all holy and wonderful, hmm?”

“Well, no. Not holy,” he responded smartly. Then a smile that mirrored my own crossed his pitted face. “Although, I can think of one that is quite wonderful.”

Oh, yes, we all know who you’re referring to. Too bad she’s entertaining the sweeper droids right ‘bout now out in the corridor. She probably got more pleasure from them than she ever would from Jendob. Even then, I curled up my nose and shook my head in disgust. It was actually startin’ to be fun watching his reactions. “Is this a habit of yours, or do you always ignore the major stuff?” I taunted him some more with a scowl.

And it continued on that way with none of us ever gainin’ the upper hand. The only good thing that came outta the whole thing is that I found some time to think. Ya know, about my capture, my future…all that sappy stuff that women like to hear ‘bout. Sure, it may reiterate the point that I have grown soft, but I figured I needed the time. A lot of things happened in the past few weeks that have me rethinkin’ my position. This meeting was the perfect opportunity to square things away for good. Oh, and did I mention I hate politics?

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Tue, August 08th 2006 12:26am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, August 08th 2006 03:37pm    Post subject:

Han sniveled in his usually annoying fashion. “Is this a habit of yours or do you always ignore the major stuff?”

Borsk was clearly getting as annoyed as Leia was. She was ready to fire Han on the spot after his horrendously stupid comments about Shayera Hol. He was pushing the line. “At least you and the Moff have something in common,” Borsk presented.

Leia, however, simply sighed before the situation would get worse. “What is your next issue, Jendob?” She said with a unsatisfied sigh.

“Well,” he interjected, thinking carefully about his next words. “If there is a war, it won’t be conducted like the previous one.”

Han raised his brow, and in an attempt to incite more annoyance which everyone ignored, asked, “Taking matters into your own hands, then?”

“I suppose the war would actually be acknowledged as a war this time, then,” Borsk snorted. Ten years ago, the Empire wouldn’t have recognized the Alliance was an organized resistance rather than a band of hooligans.

“Perhaps we could set up a kind of wartime treaty – rules, if you will,” he continued.

Han remained impetuously undaunted. “I can see where this is going,”

“Such as?” Borsk asked, throwing Han’s childish comments out the metaphorical window.

“Something both sides agree to. Any violation would be classified as a war crime and subject to special trial at the end of the war, as opposed to the practice from both sides of flinging the term about to vilify each other,” proposed Ams. He had a point, that was for sure, though Leia’s husband didn’t see it.

“See, now that’s the thing. There will be nothin’ both sides will agree to. So, this is pointless,” he mused with a fulfilled tone in his voice.

“Are you implying the Rebellion would target civilians?” Asked Ams slyly.

“Where did I say Alliance?”

“Because I know my troops won’t, but if there’s nothing that would be agreed upon, Commander…” Jendob trailed off, leaving his words end with a questioning gaze at Han.

“Your troops aren’t saints,” Han pointed out.

“No, but they’re not stupid enough to risk execution, either, which is the punishment for a soldier that commits a crime against a civilian,” the Moff reminded.

“Or that’s what you say to our face. Those are the same troops that were out there five years ago mauling over civilizations,” Han countered. He also had a point, but the other two negotiators were getting quite quickly angered at Han’s interference in this sensitive matter.

“I’m aware of that.”

“So, you admit it, then. You’re lying,” Han extrapolated.

“Not at all. Back then, they were ordered by Palpatine to do such things. Now, they’re ordered not to,” Ams said. Leia knew that was a lie, but she decided not to pick up on it. “And unlike you personnel, Commander, mine follow orders.”

“Oh, so when their daddy says no, they all act like good kids and listen?”

“That would be the intent of structured armed forces,” Borsk growled, putting an end to Han’s ranting. “But, he does make a point, Moff.” The last statement caused Han to smile.

“We train our troops to be fighters, not idealists. They follow orders instead of doing everything how they want. For example, I’ve never had to order one of my fleets ready to strike against one of my own worlds because the local Governor was threatening secession. We make our personnel loyal; something I suggest you try doing if you want a prayer at lasting more than a month in this war.”

“That’s certainly strange, Moff. Every soldier I’ve ever talked to has expressed a fervent, fanatical desire for the glory of the Empire,” Leia interrupted. Such idealists as Kalydon Skirata and the unbelievably annoying Carnor Jax came to mind. “That’s not loyalty, that is idealism, which isn’t bad, but at least get your terms right.”

“And the last time you talked to them was when? The Death Star?” Ams countered, slightly angered.

“The Holonet, Jendob,” Leia said in a deadpan expression. Ams backed off, apparently not remembering such a medium existed. Maybe Han did have a point about his lack of intelligence…

“Well, then again, maybe he can’t see the difference if he’s under the same kind of influence,” Han pointed out.

“Questioning the faithfulness of troops is useless. Regardless of anything, not everyone is going to kiss your boots, Moff,” Leia reminded. “You’ve reprimanded several, and imprisoned one whom I can recall, of your men that have spoken out of turn – counter to your direct orders in some cases. We both have. That isn’t the question.”

“Anomalies, Madam,” Jendob defended. “However, I also make sure the subordinates take orders from me, not the other way around,” he said, undoubtedly hitting at the Alliance security director. It was no secret he didn’t like her.

“Excuse me?” Borsk questioned ridiculously. “I do recall that a significant number of our base is made up from your very officers, Moff, and not just ones from ten years ago. Sometimes, it is from as recent as months.”

“As well as several of yours that have come to my side,” Jendob counter-attacked.

“…name one…” Han asked.

“Perhaps so,” Borsk continued. “”But we’ve proved the point that your own officers aren’t the blindly loyal drones you described, and that in several instances, you have made it your top priority to incapacitate defectors. Quite striking measures for a benevolent government.”

“Well, one was captured after seeing his fiancée brutally cut down in a crossfire,” Jendob breathed, citing the once-extremely high-placed member of the Empire Nevin Antilles. Still, both Leia, Borsk and surely Han took notice he was fragrantly side-stepping the question. “Frankly, I’d defect if I were in the same situation. The other was a poor excuse for a Moff whose own attempt at government failed miserably and he had to merge with you. Those are the only two significant examples of my personnel defecting to you, at least in the past two years.”

“That doesn’t matter in the slightest,” Borsk sneered, his tan fur ruffling in amusement. “I’ve seen nothing but mudslinging, and in some cases physical and diplomatic aggression, from you regarding just those two individuals. It’s enough to disprove your theory.”

“You know, I have to agree with him,” Han confirmed, though Leia imagined he had a sick taste in his mouth after agreeing with Fey’lya. “You always throw your cards at the same people.”

“You mentioned defectors. They’re the only personnel of any standing that you acquired in the past three years,” Ams said pointedly.

“Standing is irrelevant,” Borsk insisted. “Your statement wasn’t limited to the upper command trees, if I recall. In fact, I believe they were aimed at military grunts.”

“Oh, in that case, we’ve probably about equaled,” mused Ams, still missing the point. “Some of mine go to you, some of yours – sick of being ruled by an unstanble government at best, full of self-serving, self-aggrandizing bureaucrats that think the planets they bring to the Rebellion are their own personal property – come to me,” Jendob huffed in a grand statement of stupidity. Ironically, what he just described was the very Empire that existed, past and present. He still didn’t answer the implied question!

“Own personal property? There you go confusing us with yourself again!” Han agreed.

Wrong, Solo,” Jendob defended pointlessly.

No matter who started this argument, Leia decided it couldn’t continue. Even if it stopped now, she had no doubt Han would start it up again. “Commander Solo,” she said slightly irritated. “You’re ordered to leave this room, immediately

Han ignored her, clenching his teeth and pushing himself away from the table. “Wrong? You gonna give us an explanation or just spew out more lies?” He asked, yelling.

“You are dismissed, Commander!” Leia literally screamed.

“Is it a lie because it clashes with you petulant personality and engrained views of the Empire?” Ams growled, losing control of himself. Engrained or not, Leia had to admit that after what she had seen in the past year, they were nothing but true.

“No, I'm saying it's a lie because you're too damn arrogant to admit that your Empire ain't some second comin'! It's obvious! But then again, I guess you can't see that with your nose stuffed too far into that frock of feathers your wife so conveniently setup!” Han growled, producing more breath than Leia believed his lungs could hold. That crossed the line.

Organa Solo stood from her chair, and, her eyes locked with anger on her husband, screamed. “COMMANDER SOLO, YOU WILL RETURN TO YOUR ROOM IMMEDIATELY OR BE DEMOTED. We don’t need backwards-thinking braggarts who can’t leave the past in this meeting! Your prisoner status is resolved, and you will not be re-entering these meetings unless you have something else to destroy today!”

All of the sitters at the table regarded Leia with surprise. To her dismay, Jendob seemed to have had a victory regarding personnel not following orders, or so his arrogantly “I told you so” smile projected.

Han stood up and regarded her with a fiery glare. “A backwards-thinking braggart, huh?” He echoed, shoving a finger into her face – a gesture that was tired, cliché and meant nothing to Leia. Her face remained unchanged, concealing her disappointment in Han deep inside her being. “I’ll remember that. Maybe there are some things in this room that would benefit the galaxy by being destroyed,” he said with one enraged look at Jendob before pushing past his wife and leaving the room.

Leia remained unchanged and sat back down. “Now that we can talk without bigoted losers in the room,” she trailed off, allowing her demeanor to fade away just long enough to insult Han.
For the first time, her love for him also faded.

Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Tue, August 08th 2006 03:38pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, August 09th 2006 02:21pm    Post subject:

I was in a state of mild shock of seeing the normally unflappable Leia Organa Solo explode like that. It was quite a sight, somewhat like watching an old-style nuclear bomb go off.

After her final outburst, it was clear that despite the emotional hemorrhaging, she was still seething. Step lightly, I thought to myself.

"Would you like to reconvene later today, or perhaps tomorrow? Or just continue?" I asked politely. "There are still quite a few things I'd personally like sorted out before this... convention is over."

"Reconvene tomorrow," Organa Solo opted.

It was probably for the best. Tempers were running high, and another explosion was probably inevitable unless things were allowed to cool off.

"Tomorrow then," I nodded to her before walking to the door.

I walked out of the meeting room and into the lobby of the building. Large windows, skylights, and glass doors let in the Corellian sun, bathing the room in warm light. However, the temperature remained a constant and comfortable 21 degrees. However, as I cast my gaze across a lone woman dressed in a white Imperial uniform trimmed with Intelligence red and with a slew of medals pinned to the left breast and gleaming silver epaulettes on the shoulders, it felt like I was on Anteevy in the buff. She caught sight of me almost instantly, and rose to her feet, her back ramrod straight as she stood at attention.

The air seemed to cool further. Now it was hovering around upper atmosphere levels.

"Sir," she acknowledged formally, her voice taut but professional. She was angry, but not so much at me as herself, it seemed.

I nodded back. "At ease, Exarch. Come with me."

It felt so odd to talk to my wife like that, and for her to speak to me in the same way. And it only happened in a few cases: on duty, in the presence of Imperial staff outside my bridge crew, and when one of us was angry at the other.

Shayera fell into her stride next to me, her eyes fixed ahead. Each time I'd cast a look over, they remained constant. She didn't even break her gaze as she asked, "Permission to speak freely?"

"Please do."

She took a deep breath, and sighed as we stepped outside. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lost control like that."

"No, you shouldn't have," I agreed sternly. "You could very easily have jeopardized the entire effort. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Her gaze, once as fixed and unmoving as a rifle in the hands of a sharpshooter, flicked up towards my face. "I... he... you know how much... agh," Shy finally gave up. "Nothing. There's no excuse for behaving like that."

That actually caught me a little off-guard. While Shayera knew the bounds of Imperial rules and regulations, she also didn't balk at pressing them somewhat. At least, not till now. After all, with someone spewing bigoted filth like that at them, who wouldn't become angry? It was akin to calling a Quarren a "Squid Head" or a Wookiee a "Walking Carpet," or any of the other multitudes of other racial slurs and derogatory terms being directed against their subject: it was just a bad idea. Whether or not Solo understood this, or if he just didn't care...

"So, whatever punishment you feel is warranted--" Shayera continued, but I cut her off.

"Relax, Shayera," I interjected, making a point of using her name as I opened up the door to the landspeeder for her. "You make it sound like I'm going to put you in front of a firing squad."

Her mood brightened slightly. "Really? I was going for the 'I'm going to be spaced' kind of thing." After a shot her a brief look, she quickly appended, "Sir."

"No. Nothing quite so... dramatic," I smirked. "However, you do know I can't let you off the hook."

She nodded, so I continued. "Good. Now, since you never really endangered anything, you won't be demoted. But, I am going to put an offical reprimand in your file, and you're not coming to any further conferences while we're here."

"Err, but I'm your security chief," she noted with confusion. "I have to be there."

"You won't be in the room, Shayera. In the lobby, at best."

She scowled. "I can't do any good if you're in there and I'm in the lobby."

I sighed. She was being stubborn, and perhaps rightfully so. But I couldn't have her disrupt the meeting again, nor could I argue with her about it until tomorrow. Which left me with one option.

"Then you're relieved."

Her jaw dropped for a moment, and when it closed again, her teeth ground together. "What?!"

"As Security Chief, at least," I corrected. "At least until these talks are done."

Her eyes burned into me for a moment, then she sat back in her seat rather forcefully, her jaw moving as her teeth ground together. The anger almost seemed to visibly radiate off of her. "It's just for a d--"

"Don't, sir."

Oh, it's going to be a long day... I thought darkly.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Wed, August 16th 2006 02:49am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sun, August 20th 2006 06:23pm    Post subject:

Jase walked into the lobby of the building, pulling the hood down from over his head. His cold, grey eyes took in the sights of the large room, not impressed. He was only here for one purpose. He went up to one of the receptionists and spoke, " I need to speak with Madame Organa-Solo, please."

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora
Leader of The Unknowns, Rogue Jedi, Smexy
The Hugh Hefner of Homicide

Jedi Powers: FS Roll
DT-III Armor: Having the right connections
Mace Windu's Lightsaber: Clever plotting
Getting away with murder: Priceless

Holder of the 10,000th post

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, August 21st 2006 02:06am    Post subject:

Striding dutifully into the meeting room for the third day now, I continued mulling over what the points of the new treaty were. I didn't want to forget a single one, so when the Empire finally proclaimed victory, no criminals would escape their just punishment.

I was still haunted by the fact that one of the top Rebel officers was once a part of the DRWP... a government that placed schoolchildren aboard battlestations. My stomach turned at the thought, and moreso that what happened at Brentaal might happen again.

However, as Organa Solo entered with Fey'lya, I pushed those thoughts aside. Maybe, just maybe, we could prevent something like that from happening, through our efforts today. Maybe.

"Good morning, Madame," I greeted her politely, but professionally. Being friendly seemed to just anger her.

Yeah, she's pregnant all right, I mused as she sat.

Expand

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, August 22nd 2006 02:49am    Post subject:

Entering the room to see the Empire's representatives already seated, Leia returned the Supreme Moff's greeting with a slight nod. "Moff Jendob," she gave a formal response while Borsk sat directly before him at the table. Organa Solo drearily took her place next to him.

If anything had proven the impossibility of re-establishing any form of peace, it was the actions of Hol and Han. Though the Moff would frame her as a freedom-thinking, actions-not-words slightly rough woman, Leia would rather call her an over-zealous, mediocre display of Imperial favoritism. Had not Jendob been in such high a rank, Shayera Hol would most likely be a lowly operative.

Likewise, Leia had come to realize after spending the night alone that Han Solo would be a lowly, over-confident and not too bright smuggler if she hadn't consistantly stuck up for him. Clearly, she had been mistaken that he was anything more than that.

"Let us hope our talks today will go a better," Leia rested her hands on the table as Borsk nodded formally, agreeing.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, August 23rd 2006 01:47am    Post subject:

I nodded. "With any luck, they will."

Looking into the pregnant woman's deep brown eyes, I tried to discern her current state. She obvious held no hope for a peaceful resolution, but at least we could try to make this war as clean as possible.

In the past war, little differentiation was made between an acceptable target and an unacceptable one, with the difference usually depending on which propaganda channel one listened to. It seemed like anytime a trooper fired a shot, it was an automatic warcrime and grevious breach of the rules of civilized war... a laughable concept in and of itself.

Still, what the Empire did, and the Rebellion to a lesser extent, in the Civil War was unacceptable. I could only hope that with the Empire and Alliance signing this treaty, other powers would as well.

"To begin, I'd like to work out that war treaty mentioned yesterday. It's possible it could be galactic treaty as well, with other powers signing to it as well as our own. If, of course, we work one out, that is," I explained. "Essentially, it would protect the wounded, sick, and civilians from some of the harsher aspects of war. With all due respect to Vice Chair Fey'Lya, a humanitarian treaty of sorts."

They really need a word to replace that...

"It would apply to the citizens of the signatory governments, as well as anyone in territory controlled by them. For example, a corporate interest couldn't be employed to the 'dirty work' for the Empire or Alliance. It would also clearly state what defines a war crime, since it's become a catchall phrase of late.

"Does this sound like an acceptable starting point?" I asked.

Expand

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, August 31st 2006 11:56pm    Post subject:

“With some discussion as to the specifics, yes,” Leia confirmed. “Explain what you mean by ‘dirty work’, since civilian companies are obviously essential to wartime efforts.”

“For example,” the Moff began. “A group of troublesome Rebel prisoners couldn’t be ‘accidently’ shot by IMC corporate security, or Turbina corporation couldn’t dispose of Imperial prisoners, et cetera.”

“I see,” Borsk responded cautiously. It was of course a worthy ideal, and the Alliance would abide by it anyway, but Fey’lya’s facial expression evidently revealed that he trusted the Empire’s words no more than Leia herself did.

“I only mention that company because of some rumors about Turbina’s predecessor, Lambda, acting as an executioner for the DRWP’s foes,” Jendob went on. It was no secret Jendob and his wife despised certain people involved with it. Leia could feel it oozing off of the Moff, and had seen animosity from Imperials towards former Lambda members.

“Lambad – er, Lambda – is far gone,” Borsk was quick to point out.

“In name only, Vice Chair,” the Supreme Moff lectured. “The same person runs it, and I’ve seen no proof that their practices have changed either.”

“I can assure you, we don’t make them act as ‘executioners’ for prisoners.”

“I didn’t say you did, sir,” Ams courteously countered. “But just because you do not condone it doesn’t mean it still doesn’t happen.”

“This is beside the point,” Leia interrupted.

“True,” Jendob agreed before changing gears back into the main purpose of the diplomatic discussion. “Are there any other matters we should discuss before working out the treaty itself?”

“I feel some kind of restriction should be placed on the HoloNet again,” Borsk put forth onto the table, taking a glance at Leia before proceeding. “I for one am, and I ask you to excuse my bluntness, bloody sick of men like Commander Solo shooting their deformed mouths off at the most petty arguments.”

Leia’s mouth twitched at hearing about Han again. Still, with her latest revelations, Organa Solo had to admit that Borsk had a point. Perhaps it was better for Han to have stormed out, since he would no longer be in an undeserved position so high in the Rebellion while having no respect for his duties.

“I agree,” Jendob responded, clearly recalling instances in the past. “And I’m more than willing to post some gag orders on my own personnel – and if I may speak frankly, for your own sake, you need to put a muzzle on Pallenén before the entire Galaxy wants to shoot her.”

“Of all times this isn’t the moment to limit free speech, and our staff are our own concerns,” Leia retorted.

Ams caught the gleam of Leia’s eye telling him, “move on.” Very well, then,” he said. “So, onto the treaty itself?”

Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Fri, September 01st 2006 12:00am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, September 06th 2006 10:56am    Post subject:

The next eight hours were filled with lengthy debates, political jargon, and the occasional grandstand from Fey'lya. The sad part was that as nauseating as his rants were, they were almost heavenly from the garbage I saw on the Holonet during a couple of the occasional breaks we took.

Those people are the reason why speech should be restricted. They do more harm to themselves than anyone else, I had mused. Of course, some officers of the Empire, including myself, defended ourselves, and received the usually volley of idiotic names that the Rebels revelled in throwing around.

Of course, one or two Imperials crossed the line as well, and I was forced to order a cease to all Imperial communications on that topic. It brought home a bitter reminder that the Rebellion wasn't the only government with disciplinary issues.

However, this treaty would change all of that. I stood up slowly, my joints stiff from lack of movement for hours on end, and cast a glance at the datapad. Within its databank was the entire Corellian Convention. I expected many Imperials and Rebels alike would balk at the contents, moreso that the Empire would actually do some of the things entailed. However, it was necessary. We couldn't simply paint them as criminals and traitors anymore. They were a recognized, sovereign power, and had to be treated as such.

The treaty covered virtually everything, from prisoners of war to civilians to caring for the wounded and sick. And special attention was paid to what constituted a war crime. I personally couldn't wait to shove that definition down the throats of Rebels with big mouths who would whine and scream like children throwing tantrums about the Empire, anyone who supported it, or those who defended it. To them, everything the Empire did was a war crime... even though some of them were quite likely to have done the same behind everyone's back. But now, they would be silenced, and their own crimes revealed. And there would be no escaping justice for them.

Looking to Organa Solo as she stood with Fey'lya, I had to suppress a satisfied smile. "Well, that was a great deal to get done in one day."

"It's amazing we did," commented the woman. Her tone was ambiguous, however.

I nodded to both of them. Just because we were enemies didn't mean I couldn't show some respect. "Indeed. It was a pleasure to work with you. I hope the other governments will also sign, and make this a Galactic treaty."

The Chief of State wasn't convinced. "Perhaps, but the success of such unified treaties in the past has been...spotty at best."

"Well," I smirked. "Let's hope this one is adhered to."

Half of your inner circle will probably be convicted for violating most if not all of this treaty by the first month...

"We'll be seeing that," she answered, deadpan.

Indeed, we shall.

"Of course. I wish you luck, Ma'am. Perhaps, someday soon, we can discuss ending this war again, with a more positive result," I said politely. "Farewell, Madam Chief of State and Vice Chair."

With that, I turned and walked back out into the entrance. After removing a comlink from my pocket, I activated it. "Shayera?"

"Hello. How did it go?"

"Well enough, I suppose," I told her, getting into the speeder. "Get packed, sweetheart. We need to go soon."

"All right. See you when you get back, 'kay?"

I smiled. "Okay, hon."

"Okay. Love you."

"I love you too."

"Bye."

"Goodbye."

I shut off the comlink and put it back in my pocket. Before driving back, I took one last look around. Such a lovely world.

Expand

Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, September 06th 2006 11:49pm    Post subject:

Jase sat silently, his eyes closed under the black hood of his cloak. As he meditated on the Force quietly, the receptionist came over to him. " Excuse me, Mr......?", she asked. " Saneedo," jase said, rousing from his meditation and speaking with a wave of his hand and the influence of the Force. " My name is Raj Saneedo." The receptionist looked back at him blankly, " Your name is Raj Saneedo," she said flat toned. " Madam Organa Solo will meet you in her office, she will be there soon if you wish to wait." Jase stood and bowed lightly, " Thank you, I will be waiting." He got directions and found the office, heading inside and taking a seat.

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 07th 2006 12:31am    Post subject:

Leia retreated into her personal quarters after the extremely long session working on the Covention. It required her full devotion for the better part of the day, and so much time between blithering fools like Borsk and Jendob depleted her even more.

It drained her even more to see her rotten husband sleeping within the room. She saw her children iin bed sleeping next to their father, but she dare not go near them for fear of waking the vile beast.

Looking down onto her desk, she saw the message indicator was beeping. Pressing the activator, she read the green text scrolling across the screen. For once, she smiled at the thought of more work. Redoing the elastic band around her hair into a ponytail, she stepped out of her room into the adjoining office.

To see a cloaked figure with an undeniable air of darkness around him. Leia fluidly locked the door to her own apartment in the same motion it took her to open the door. She didn't want this person with access to her children without alerting the entire building of forced entry.

"Mr. Saneedo, isn't it?" Leia asked in a cool tone, working her way over to her desk. Something was wrong about the man seated before her desk. She was very wary to keep her senses active as she sat behind the desk.

Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Thu, September 07th 2006 12:41am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 07th 2006 12:38am    Post subject:

Jase stood quietly, raising a brow slightly at her reactions. She had locked a door, interesting.... He stretched lightly, stifling a lawn from having been awake for four days straight. He was used to sleeping light, but he needed to rest, This was far too long for him to not sleep at all. " Actually, the name was a simple alias. I couldn't run the chance of your security people getting themselves seriously injured or dead trying to apprehend me." He lifted the hood from his head, revealing his face to her. " Not when I've come all this way for redemption."

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 07th 2006 12:43am    Post subject:

Leia took one look and was glad she locked the door. She left no change in her emotional demeanor as to not arouse a reaction in the man before her. It was Jase Denora, evil murderer. That was what she had heard about him.

"Do you make a habit of lying to have a meeting with the Chief of State?"

Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 07th 2006 12:49am    Post subject:

" Only when I don't wish to bring myself to kill at the moment. As I said, I am not here to risk the lives of you or your people." Jase pulled the side of his cloak back, revealing his two lightsabers connected to the belt of his DXT-3 armor. " I am here to ask a favor of you. I do not wish to be known as a murderer anymore. As it is, however, there are those who wish to see me continue my death sentence on Rhen Var. The death sentence your brother personally saved me from. I have come to ask for a pardon, of course, not without a cost to myself. I offer my complete loyalty and services to the Alliance in return for such a reprieve." He used the Force to unhook the lightsabers and floated them to the desk, setting them down in front of her. " Of course, if you do not believe me, there are my tools of death. Strike me down, if you wish, consider it to be an expression of my sincerity."

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 07th 2006 12:53am    Post subject:

Leia studied him and watched the lightsabers float near her. At any second, she could have stopped their movement or even thrown Jase out of the window. But she didn't. He was sincere. But he's never going to redeem himself with that attitude, she thought, allowing her mind to remain open so that Jase could see she was not afraid of him.

"I'm a good person, Mr. Denora," she said, switching to her empathic voice, standing up. "I wouldn't kill someone in cold blood. You, however, have. Why should I offer you a pardon? Just because of some words? If you had given me your true name, I would have seen you anyway...why did you lie?"

Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 07th 2006 01:02am    Post subject:

Jase raised an eyebrow, " I do not expect anything. However, it simply does not hurt one to ask. As for the deception, it was necessary. Had I revealed myself in the lobby, your security people would have recognized me and tried to arrest me. If that had happened, I would have had no choice but to defend myself. Thus, I would not be here speaking with you now." Jase shifted his legs, standing higher on one. He let his mind be open to her, he could sense she was more emphatic then combat oriented in the Force. " I have recently lost the person closest to me at the hands of a fool who is obsessed with my lethal ways. I do not want that life anymore. I have killed far more then you could know, Madam Solo, I have grown weary of it. I have no wish to kill innocents anymore."

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 07th 2006 01:09am    Post subject:

She circled around the front of the table and sat down on it, bringing herself directly infront of Denora. She sat so that his lightsabers were behind her back in another display of her remaining unafraid. "I see," the quasi-Jedi breathed after a long period of allowing their two minds to open to one another. "Then how would you suggest you redeem yourself?"

Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 07th 2006 02:49pm    Post subject:

Jase shrugged slightly, not even visibly in part to his armor and robes. " I do not know....it is the one unclear thing to me. I have killed so many.... and, enjoyed doing such. I myself do not wish to die, I cannot allow myself to be killed or to commit suicide. I do not know if I can find true redemption in living, but, perhaps I may."

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 07th 2006 05:41pm    Post subject:

Leia once again stood and circled around to her chair. Sitting down, she scribbled a note down on her stationary holopad.

"Well, we have several counselors you could talk to," Leia informed. "But by your reputation I doubt you would gain much from that."

Leia pondered the situation, studying what of Denora's face she was able to see. "Fine, I'll grant you a partial pardon. I want you to undergo counseling for a few months...you won't be under arrest. But, if you kill again, I'll have no choice but to stick you into a cell. After the counseling's over, we'll talk about what you can do to redeem yourself."

Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 07th 2006 06:10pm    Post subject:

Jase arched an eyebrow, his grey eyes dull and emotionless. " Counseling....?", he asked hesitantly. " I suppose if it is what I must do," he reached out with the Force and pulled his lightsabers back to his belt. " And what am I to do with myself during the rest of this time? I am to assume that counseling will not occupy an entire day. What shall i do to occupy myself otherwise? I cannot stay idle, I must continue in some form of employment."

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 07th 2006 06:43pm    Post subject:

"I'm reluctant to put you in a situation where you can, ah, be incited to violence," Leia put it elloquently. "Is there anything you can do besides murder?"

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Corellia » Government Center, Coronet (Surface)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: