}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Clarendox Restaurant
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Clarendox Restaurant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ysanne Isard
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, July 24th 2006 08:36pm    Post subject: Clarendox Restaurant

Ysanne Isard entered the Clarendox restaurant, with Solo in tow. A single look at the maitre-d' and he immediately procured them a table.

The restaurant was one of the finest on the planet, far too good for Solo, in Isard's opinion. But, perhaps it would help him to relax. They were given a private dining area, away from the upper-class snobs and corporate executives with too much money for their own good, and the sales personnel of those companies attempting to talk their clients into a deal by treating them to a meal at the exclusive Clarendox.

They were seated at a table that overlooked the vast cityscape of Coruscant. In the morning sun, everything bore firey hues, with the star itself reflecting off the copious glass and transparisteel in the multistory buildings.

Anyone else might have shed a tear at the sheer beauty. But not Isard. She had a job to do. She opened her menu, and skimmed it over as the waiterdroid rolled up.

"Welcome. It certainly is a lovely morning, isn't it? Can I acquire you beverages?" it asked.

The Intelligence officer nodded to Solo. "You first."

Last edited by Ysanne Isard on Mon, July 24th 2006 09:02pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, July 24th 2006 09:23pm    Post subject:

The long lines of traffic weaving in and out of buildings at the height of the morning rush held Han's attention as he kept his gaze focused on the city beyond. His thoughts kept trailing back to the incident in the corridors of Lusankya. No matter how hard he thought about it, he couldn't make ends meet. To make matter worse, Isard had failed to answer his question regarding what exactly caused these "attacks" and why he never had anything like it in the past.

The whining of servo motors brought his attention back to the elaborate restaurant in which they sat as the server droid approached the table. Han still had a bad taste in his mouth concerning this woman offering to take him out to eat. What did she wish to gain now? He would keep that in the back of his mind, but for now, he would try to enjoy his first good meal in a month.

"I, uh," he stuttered, trying to refocus his thoughts as Isard asked him to go first. He had been too worried about other things. "Give me whatever she gets." Han shrugged and quickly lowered his eyes to the menu sitting before him on the table. He would act like he was actually thinking about what to order, but in reality, he had other plans to concot and put into motion after their meal...

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ysanne Isard
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, July 24th 2006 10:14pm    Post subject:

"I'll have a glass of naiana, with a finger of aludium pu-36 then. So two," Isard commanded. "And some bajjah."

She paused, skimming over the menu more. "Also, scrambled gukked eggs with ham, two muja muffins, and a crepe with bantha butter."

She glanced up at Solo, an almost predatory smirk on her lips. "Are you sure you want all of that, too?"

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, July 24th 2006 10:29pm    Post subject:

"Are you kiddin'?" Han scoffed, glancing up from the menu and his plans for a moment. "I haven't had a decent thing to eat since gettin' snagged by you at Bespin. I think I'll manage."

Han ran a hand over his clean-shaven jaw and peered back down at the menu one last time before closing it. Sure, having a decent meal was high up on his priority list, but some things were higher. If Isard kept the conversation to a minimum, things may pan out accordingly.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Mon, July 24th 2006 10:30pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ysanne Isard
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, July 24th 2006 10:59pm    Post subject:

Isard shrugged. "I just wasn't aware you were so... effeminate of palate. But, they're your tastebuds, I suppose."

She studied him, noting the resentment in his eyes, mostly from what the Rebels had said. The amusing thing was that some of what they had said was just as false as what she had told Solo.

"I take you want some things explained after your foray onto the Holonet, yes?" she asked him.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, July 24th 2006 11:25pm    Post subject:

A sneer crossed Han's features at her comment concerning his "choice" in foods. "I don't eat nerf steaks swimmin' in gravy all the time ya know," he growled out in a low tone. If truth be told, he just didn't care. He pretty much agreed to whatever it was she was having to get this over with as soon as possible. Eventhough, he never heard of half of it and it sounded more like something Leia would have while on a diet...

Han shifted in his chair and looked out over the cityscape again - what he wouldn't give to be back out there. That dull ache began to return to his head just as that thought entered his mind and he blinked and turned his head back to the woman sitting across from him. It was only now that he realized she had asked him a question.

"I'd rather not talk 'bout that," he mumbled, fingering the glass of water on the table before him. Dammit, a Corellian ale would go down real good right about now...

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ysanne Isard
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, July 25th 2006 03:39pm    Post subject:

Isard leaned back. "Why not? It obviously disturbs you to the point your neural pathways act up again. It'll be weeks before you're completely back to normal," she told him. "Longer if you just withhold things and let the stress build up."

She gazed at him, waiting for his reply, as the waiterdroid returned with their beverages. Isard took a sip of the Cerean wine, and noted the kick of the powerful aludium pu-36 shot she requested added. She generally didn't indulge in alcohol, but she needed to maintain the facade.

"So, what is it that troubled you?"

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, July 25th 2006 04:06pm    Post subject:

"I ain't sick!" he yelled, slamming his fist down onto the table and causing a bit of the strange concoction she ordered for both of them to spill out over the rim of the glass. Han's hazel eyes were ablaze with anger as he glared at the woman across from him. If truth be told, she was the only thing that troubled him. His left index finger thrust out and pointed accusingly at her face. "You're acting like I have some life-threatening disease that's eatin' away at my mind when in reality, I've had no history of it or no explanation!"

Lowering his hand and reaching out for the glass of alcohol that had been set before him, Han took a long swig of the drink before pushing his chair away from the table and rising unsteadily to his feet. He had enough of this and his mind was made up. "You're lying," he hissed through clenched teeth. "And I'm outta here. I've made my decision."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ysanne Isard
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, July 26th 2006 01:07am    Post subject:

Isard almost smiled as the words left his mouth, not for what he said, but for the fierce retribution about to be visited on the Rebel scum. No sooner was Solo done speaking that he dropped to the floor, his face a contorted mask of unspeakable agony. The almost disappointing thing was that the device probably wasn't even putting out its full output: an interesting combination of childbirth and extremely intense blaster--in fact, mathematical extrapolations described as what a being would feel if shot by a heavy turbolaser... for the miniscule fraction of a second said being would have a nervous system or a body--which the device would make seem like was being experienced in every single cell of the target's body. And yet, there was no actual damage, leaving the subject still quite able to be questioned.

Judging from Solo's soundless screaming, his mouth hanging agape, his body spasming and twitching with exquisite agony. The device was probably just simulating an E-Web across his body, too. And it was very, very tempting to leave him that way. However, she couldn't risk damage to him. The pain might have been simulated, but his thrashing about could result in serious injury, and Jendob would have her head.

She knelt down beside him, taking a small needle from her pocket. Sliding it into the appropriate vein, she injected him. Within moments, his spasms ceased.

"This stressing yourself will make it come back more, and more, Commander," she chided. "Now, I have done nothing but try to help you through this, and yet you take the lies of people that abandoned you over the words of those that save your life? You do belong back in the Alliance..."

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, July 26th 2006 01:35am    Post subject:

The pain ended as abruptly and as mysteriously as it had come on and Han was left crumpled on the floor in the fetal position of the most expensive restaurant on Coruscant. Every inch of his body was covered in sweat and he was shaking, his breathing coming in short, ragged breaths.

Never in his life had he experienced anything as painful as what he had just witnessed. He couldn't even begin to form words to describe what he had felt. It was beyond description and he never wanted to experience anything like that again. But if something had to be said about it, the best thing Han could think of was having every nerve ending ripped out of his body and then blown to hell.

When Han regained enough composure to actually sit himself up, the only person he saw huddled around his being was Isard. Either she had coaxed him out of his little trance or had caused it. Her words rung true with the former and Han wasn't about to put up much of an argument after that. But then, wouldn't that mean she had been honest with him all along?

"Y-you can cut with the cute retorts," he finally choked out in response to her comment about the Alliance. He winced again and began to rub his head around the area of the subtle pressure that was still there. "I-I just wanna know what's causin' it. Somehow you managed to leave out that little detail."

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Wed, July 26th 2006 01:36am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ysanne Isard
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, July 26th 2006 01:53am    Post subject:

"I told you in the infirmary. Your mind nearly tore itself apart, shortly after you were wounded in Brokna's escape attempt. That was the holoclip where you got shot, and your 'friends' decry it as torture. Actually, you stepped in the line of fire to protect him, but I guess they rob you even of that small notion of heroism...

"In any case, what you're experiencing are aftershocks, if you compare the original to a planetquake. They should subside over time, but you mustn't stress yourself."

Isard's stomach turned as she tried to act caring to him. Most of the time, such thorough deception wasn't needed, but now she had to carefully toe a line between convincing falsehood and convincing fact. Not that she cared for him, but she had to force herself to, almost, to ensure her work wouldn't be destroyed.

"Now, if you really wish to go to the Alliance, you may. However, I do suggest eating your meal first, then talking to the Supreme Moff. He has some classified meeting arranged with the Rebels. You're one of the issues."

Better you deal with him than me... Isard thought.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, July 26th 2006 03:28pm    Post subject:

"Glad to see I haven't lost my popularity," Han grumbled as he shakily brought himself to his feet. The action caused his head to start throbbing again as he gingerly moved back to the table and literally collapsed into the chair. Getting used to these attacks wasn't gonna be easy. But what Isard didn't seem to realize was that these attacks were probably caused by his imprisonment here. If he returned back the Alliance, he should be fine...right?

"So, the two powers of the galaxy are gonna setup a meeting just for me?" Han gave her one of his lopsided smiles as he shook his head in disbelief. He downed more of the strange drink before continuing. "I know I've been in a lot of tight spots, but to be the center of attention? The rewards better be good. And ya know, I just may get used to this stuff."

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Wed, July 26th 2006 05:26pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ysanne Isard
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, July 26th 2006 06:51pm    Post subject:

Isard took her seat, tasting some of her own wine. It was acceptable.

"And just what rewards are you looking for?" she asked him.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, July 26th 2006 07:07pm    Post subject:

Han paused and cocked an eyebrow at her. Was she taking this all seriously or just playing along? Trying to read her tone and expression was like trying to find a flea on a bantha's ass. Next to impossible.

"I dunno," he shrugged, looking passively out at the traffic moving along the buildings. "Maybe get outta here for one. And a vacation wouldn't be half bad. It's been awhile since I took the Falcon for a spin." He paused to bring the glass back up to his lips with a smile. "The kids love stuff like that."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ysanne Isard
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, July 26th 2006 09:46pm    Post subject:

Isard considered Solo for a moment. She began to wonder if the procedure had somehow made him senile. Or he was simply toying with her. His "desires" were completely unlike the Solo she knew, and unreasonable. As if the Empire cared for or even had his broken-down scrapheap of a freighter, or had any control over what he did with it or his spoiled demonspawn children.

"As I said, the Supreme Moff is already working to 'get you out of here,'" she responded, keeping irritation from her tone. "The other elements will likely have to be taken up with the Alliance."

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, July 26th 2006 10:04pm    Post subject:

"Yea, yea," he drawled, dismissing what she had said with a wave of his hand. "You don't havta go and repeat yourself. I heard ya the first time." This whole idea was spiraling out of control faster than a TIE fighter getting shot in the rear by a laser cannon. Breakfast seemed plausible maybe 10 minutes ago, but now Han was ready to high-tail it outta there. She obviously wasn't getting anything he was saying or that it was his way of lightening up a conversation.

Han sighed and leaned back in his chair, rubbing a hand over his face. If the food didn't arrive soon, things were gonna end on a very sour note. If only this damn meeting she kept rambling on about would interrupt them or something. At least then he'd have an excuse to get away from her for a while. She was worse than those political rallies Leia had forced him attend in the past.

The thought of Leia stirred more uneasiness within him and more than ever, he wanted to return to her. He patted the datapad safely hidden under his shirt gently with one hand before returning his gaze to Isard.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ysanne Isard
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, July 27th 2006 03:00am    Post subject:

Isard noticed Solo patting something around his waist, and was repulsed. She almost commented, but the waiterdroid returned, serving them their meal. The sampled some of the ham and eggs. It was decent, at least.

Their meal continued, with Isard at least keeping Solo pacified, and gleaning tiny tidbits of information. Not that it mattered, though. Jendob would be sure to send the fool back. All of Isard's work would be thrown away.

She detested Jendob's weakness. Before, he had been a star operative, terminating his targets and anyone that got in his way, never failing a mission. Now he'd gone soft with his marriage to the Hawk and softer still when she bore his children. He even wanted to derail the purification of the Galaxy from the Rebels. Yet he climbed higher and higher in the heirarchy. It just made no sense to her.

But it didn't matter. He insisted upon meeting Solo. Fortunately, he had the decency to have them meet at the Imperial Palace instead of his home, where'd he'd been conducting official business for the past several weeks.

After the droid left the check, she told it to bill Intelligence, and took Solo out to a waiting speeder. They had been shadowed since the Lusankya by two II-5 agents, in case Solo tried to get away. Now the agents were standing by with the speeder, and once Isard and Solo were inside, they wordlessly took off for the Imperial Palace.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Clarendox Restaurant
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: