}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Solo Residence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Solo Residence
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryoko
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, February 08th 2007 02:53am    Post subject:

Liz sat as if she heard nothing with her eyes closed so she could concentrate, she was getting a little better at controlling what she could pick up and what she couldn't. The trick to block the outside thoughts was a mental one.
She would imagine a wall in her mind, she would build it brick by brick, focusing on just the wall. After a couple of minutes she figured she got the hang of it as the only thoughts she could hear were her own.

Though suddenly her nerves stood on end, a cold shiver shot down her spine again and her hand immediately fell to her holster with her sidearm. When she saw who came through the door she blew a near sigh of relief and relaxed a bit. It was the Chief of State, Leia Organa Solo.

Both Han and Leia started to go into a conversation, Liz decided it was best not to interrupt. She sat there silent as they both discussed the recent kidnapping of their children.

Last edited by Ryoko on Thu, February 08th 2007 06:46am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, February 10th 2007 02:04am    Post subject:

The Corellian's shoulders slumped involuntarily before rising again in a shrug. Her question had been one Han had been rolling around in his mind since he had awoken to find the kids gone. He had no clue where the bastard had taken them, hell, he didn't even get a good look at the guy. How was he supposed to find them?

Han shifted his gaze to watch the silhouette of his wife against the darkened window. His larynx bobbed as he swallowed before finally finding his voice. "I-I don't know," he admitted in a dejected tone. "The bastard broke in and...took 'em." A mask of anger washed over his somber mood as his fingers clutched tightly to the arms of the chair and for a moment, his hazel eyes went distant. "But it ain't gonna do him any good. I'll personally hunt him down and...take care of him myself."

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, February 13th 2007 02:52am    Post subject:

Leia was too stunned to respond to her husband's latest homicidal threat. The fact her children were gone was worse enough. She didn't need to hear the latest trespass of Han.

She continued to look out of the darkness into the lights of the city. The woman pondered how she could not have felt this doom happening even while she could feel a call from her estranged brother lightyears away.

It made her question her very position as a parent. Even more, it made her think if she should truly be a mother and also in a position of such power. It was clearly bringing too much attention to her family, though it was all she had known since she was born.

The beeping of the comlink was the last thing Leia wanted to hear. She didn't even want to acknowledge another tidbit of information the cruel outside world had to offer.

But still, slowly her hand sank to the device and grasped it. It was calling for her attention. She brought it to her mouth and flipped on the indicator, not shifting her gaze from the cityscape.

A silence prevailed for several seconds, Leia not finding the breath to speak her standard greeting. Soon, a male voice filled the voice. "Chief of State Organa Solo?" He asked.

Leia whispered with effort, "yes?"

"This is J-Javen Tulle from the Central Medical Center. Ma'am, it-it's my, uh," he struggled. "It's my duty to report to you that...Master Skywalker is d--has...has passed on."

Leia dropped the comlink from her hands, any semblance of control inside herself falling out the window as the device did. The tears ran as she lost herself, collapsing backwards onto the bed into a rage of tears. The equilibrium between all of the things in her life had broken down. It felt as if everything of her being was torn from her, never to be seen again.

It was a cold day.

Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Tue, February 13th 2007 02:54am; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, February 13th 2007 11:44pm    Post subject:

No words could describe the sight of Leia completely broken and crying uncontrollably on the bed with her head buried within the pillow. It was so unlike the confident and steadfast princess that he knew that Han could do nothing but simply sit there on the edge of the chair and watch in pure shock. Of course, he had eventually found the strength to haul himself up and comfort her, but it didn't seem to take away the pain like it usually did. In the end, Leia had pushed him away and slipped from the room, demanding to see her brother.

Han watched her go, wondering why he didn't feel any kind of remorse or have any desire to follow her. He had been close with Luke since that fateful day on Tatooine and his death was sure to send shockwaves through every department of the Alliance, if not the galaxy. So, why didn't it send shockwaves through him? Was he just numb to the pain by now because he had just lost his only kids? No, you know that ain't it. Dealing with death has never been one of your fortes, Solo. It'll all hit you in one big rush when you least expect it.

The thought made him shudder inwardly as the medical team Lochley had called for a while back finally arrived. They asked him a few quick questions concerning what happened, most of which Han couldn't remember, before commencing to mend his broken foot. Han remained adament throughout the procedure, his thoughts staying focused on Leia, the kids, Luke...and what the hell he was gonna do about it all.

When he was about to give up and turn things over to the authorities, one final thought sparked at the back of his mind. It might have been a crazy idea, but at this point, he considered himself to be beyond crazy. As the medics continued their work, Han reached slowly into his pants pocket and removed the datapad he had been studying earlier. The same datapad that contained security information regarding Boba Fett. If he could get in contact with the man, maybe...

A corner of Han's mouth twisted involuntarily as he flipped open the device and began to scroll through the information. He wasn't sure if the reaction was from the pain that surged through his foot at that exact moment or at the information itself - but both weren't exactly to his liking. Those damn snot-nosed security despots shut out all information on these channels! Everything was blank!

A few choice Corellian expletives escaped from his lips before he managed to slam the lid shut on the device. Luckily for the medics, they were about finished with their work and didn't have to take the full brunt of Han's anger. No matter. Han had other plans - plans of a certain security chief being defeathered and thrown out an airlock. I'll just pay her a visit and give her a piece of my mind. I need an excuse to take out my anger on someone anyway.

When the medics finally expressed their agreement that he was well enough to move around, Han rose to his feet and wasted no time in gathering his things together. Somewhere in there, he might've heard one of the medics recommend he take it easy for a few days, but Han barely heard him. He had things to do and a little discomfort in his foot wasn't gonna stop him.

Finally satisfied with his attire, Han strapped his trusty gun belt and DL-44 to his hip before heading toward the door. He noticed as he approached the panel alongside the doorframe that he still had a slight limp, but he was confident that it would eventually correct himself. Just need a little exercise, you fool. That's what ya get sitting behind a desk and issuing orders. It never was your thing.

Shaking his head in mock amusement at himself, Han slapped his palm against the panel and stepped out into the night.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, August 23rd 2007 03:33pm    Post subject:

It was a little past midday when Han and Chewbacca finally nestled the Millennium Falcon within the appropriate hangar bay and made the short trek back to the apartment on foot. The sun was glistening off the of tallest buildings in such a way that it cast a stream of reflective light into Han's eyes as they passed under one of the pedestrian skywalks and entered the tiny garden adorned with Alderaanian orchids that Winter helped maintain outside of their home.

Han squinted against the harsh light and shifted the delicate form of his daughter in his arms as they passed through the quiet oasis and approached the door. It was hard to tell from the outside, but it was a pretty safe bet to assume that Leia wouldn't be home at this time of day. She was probably buried up to her neck in squabbling politicians and paperwork over at the government complex. Han never quite understood why she put up with that kind of stuff day in and day out, but he shrugged it off as her being a workaholic. She'd always been like that even spanning back as far as their days on Yavin and Hoth.

"Her loss, huh kid?" he vocally expressed his thoughts to his daughter with a smug smirk as he punched the access code into the doorpad. Without hardly any hesitation, the door responded to the passcode and slide upward, emitting both Han and Chewie.

As soon as they passed through the threshold, Han could sense Jaina's impatience and gently let her down to explore on her own two legs. With his hands now free, the Corellian gently rubbed at his shoulders and examined the living area. Everything seemed to be back in order after the attack on their residence the night of the kidnapping and Han was even surprised to find a couple new pieces of furniture scattered about. Leia wasted no time getting things back to normal. In a way, it hurt that she had moved on and did all of this while he was away. "She's been busy," Han noted to Chewie as he began to move further into the room.

"Uncle Chewie!" a small voice exclaimed suddenly from across the room. Han was jolted out of his personal reverie and turned toward the voice just in time to hear the pitter-patter of little feet coming towards them.

The Wookiee let out a jovial roar and rushed forward to scoop up Jonash as he rounded the corner of the couch, his mop of brown hair flying about wildly as he was whisked up into the air. The sound of his laughter filtered through the room as Han stepped forward to greet his son with a smile. "Miss me, kid?"

"Daddy!" Jonash quickly switched gears and struggled to reach out for Han while still stuck within Chewbacca's grip. Han aided the boy by reaching out and pulling him close, hugging him tight to his chest. "I missed ya too," he admitted quietly into his hair.

"If you home, then where's--" his voice trailed off as he began to squirm to look beyond Han. When he finally saw what he was looking for, he screamed and jumped down from Han's arms unaided. "Jaina! You home!"

Han watched in silence as the twins greeted each other, laughing and speaking so fast that it was hard to decipher just what it was they were saying. Watching them interact made Han wish that things could be more simple and maybe they could live a normal life. But he knew that would be near impossible just simply because of who Leia and himself were. It was too late for them to be normal kids.

A gentle squeeze to the shoulder brought Han out of his thoughts for the second time since returning home and he glanced over his shoulder to see the cherubic face of Winter smiling back at him. "Welcome home, Han," she said with a soothing voice. "We're overjoyed to see that you were successful in your mission."

The right corner of Han's mouth lifted in a half smile as he returned his gaze back to the twins. "Thanks," he responded quietly. "But it wasn't easy."

Winter's brow furrowed with concern as she extended her arm to cover the length of Han's shoulders, beginning to lead him toward the kitchen. "I'm sure it wasn't, but again, it proved to be something that you could conquer. That in itself is reason to celebrate."

"I guess..." he mumbled, lowering his chin with a frown.

The woman's eyes narrowed at his reaction and she decided to probe further, much to Han's chagrin. "You didn't encounter any...problems on your approach, did you?" she inquired as if she knew something was up.

The Corellian quickly snapped his head up so that his eyes were locked with hers. "No, not at all," he answered with a hint of disappointment. "That's what worries me." And it was true. The descent to Denon had been easy; a little too easy. Sure, there were the regular patrols monitoring all in and outgoing traffic, but after what Han pulled, it was a little unusual that they hadn't detained him upon confirming it was him. Was it possible that the Alliance wasn't aware of his little stunt with Fett? I may just get out of this yet...

The Alderaanian returned his worry with a reassuring smile, squeezing his arm again to provide some comfort. "I'm sure it's nothing," she explained as they finally passed into the kitchen. "Just the usual paranoia that follows after a mission like the one you took on. A nice drink will fix that right up, though. I would also like to hear all about it."

A fake smile crossed his features as he studied the pale color of the kitchen's interior. He still had his doubts, but maybe a drink would help to relax him. At least for a while. "Alright, I'm game," he finally gave in as he slid onto one of the barstools at the counter.

"Great!" Winter exclaimed as she began to rummage around in the refrigeration unit. It was gonna be a long afternoon and hopefully Leia will return home and cut it off before Winter got too nosy. Han could only hope.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, August 24th 2007 01:35pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad treaded across the Denon walkway path, stopping inside of the Solo's garden. She admired the beauty of the place, the trees sending a cool breeze through her long white wings and surprisingly, a warm smile.

They were Alderaanian; a very rare garden, indeed, and probably something of a reminder of Leia's deceased homeworld. Arlyn had only visited Alderaan once in her time in Rebellion Intelligence, and she could remember the peaceful air and heaven like scenery.

Leia and Arlyn grew up far differently from each other, comparing Thanagar and Alderaan's planetary lifestyle. Then again, Arlyn had only spent a small portion of her lifetime on her own homeworld and rest, learning and training throughout the galaxy through her mentor.

Weaving throughout the various walkways, she approached the front door. With a heavy sigh, she gave the signal and all security teams proceeded. The exits were blocked leaving the residents with nowhere to run.

She pressed the communicator on the door way, hoping a rational Correllian mind would listen, "Han Solo. We need to talk."

Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, August 24th 2007 04:55pm    Post subject:

"Your ex?!" Winter sputtered with surprise as she nearly choked on the drink she had resting in her hand. Han blew out an exasperated sigh with a slight roll to his eyes as he slammed his own glass containing the golden-hued liquid down on the counter a little too hard. Several droplets of the alcoholic beverage splashed up over the rim as Han lifted his brow to gaze indignantly up at Winter's widened expression.

Initially, he had reservations about explaining this part of the rescue to anyone, including Leia, but in the end he figured what could be the harm? Well, obviously, his doubts had been justified given Winter's reaction to the news. He narrowed the reasoning down to her still being paranoid over the incident that happened a couple years ago at the Galaxy Ball or talking to Leia too much. In either case, she was blowing it out of proportion and now Han was stuck doing a lot of explaining.

Without any other choice, Han slowly ran a hand over his jaw, noticing the week's worth of beard growing out on his chin for the first time since returning. It was yet another reminder that during this mission, he had neglected to worry about himself and instead, had focused all of his effort and strength on finding Jaina. A shower and shave would definitely feel good after everything he went through, but he needed to straighten out this mess with Winter first.

"Nothing happened," Han started to explain, dropping his hand from his face and now using it to help get his point across through the use of hand gestures. "She broke me out and aided me in the rescue on Anzat. Simple as that. I swear, sometimes both you and Leia have the most--"

His last sentence was cut off as a buzz issued from the front door of the home, causing Han's brow to crease with worry as he exchanged a quick glance with Winter. Leia never bothered to hit the comm buzzer situated outside the door and neither would anyone else close enough to consider family. That only left one other possibility and it made Han's stomach churn with uncertainty. "I think you better handle this," Han pointed out as he began to rise quickly from the counter, nearly upsetting the half-full glass of Corellian whiskey as he moved.

Winter rose as well, mouth half open in surprise as she tracked Han's movement towards the staircase. She recovered enough to protest his actions but thought better of it and simply nodded, returning her gaze to the main door. "Be careful," she called to his fleeing form before making her way to greet the impatient visitors.

Han was just barely halfway up the staircase when he heard a very distinct voice coming from the outside intercom. He knew that feminine voice all too well and it sent a wave of anger coursing through his body as it echoed throughout his home.

"Han Solo. We need to talk."

"Oh, we'll find time to talk alright, featherhead," Han sneered as he reached the landing at the top of the stairs and ducked out of sight around the adjacent corner to watch the proceedings. "How does you, me and a blaster sound?" he fingered the firearm strapped to the holster on his right thigh with a psychotic smirk. He would enjoy that a little too much and unfortunately he couldn't afford to get into anymore trouble than he already was.

"Can I help you?" he heard Winter say as she hit the door release, allowing the afternoon light to pour into the darkened living area. Han clenched his teeth and remained hidden at the top of the stairs with his back pressed against the wall, content in just listening to the conversation as it unfolded and taking action when necessary. With Arlyn in charge, he knew it would only be a matter of time.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sat, August 25th 2007 01:15am    Post subject:

“Can I help you?” Winter stated, staring into the eyes of the security team. Arlyn wasn’t sure if Winter was playing the less intelligent member of the conversation, or she was truly clueless to the man inside. It seemed obvious she would’ve heard and saw a wookiee enter the apartment complex, and it was logical to assume Han Solo had enough time to make a brief explanation of his recent absence. Arlyn anticipated this, in fact, ready for Winter’s political and very personal witty defense. Yet, it wasn’t planned… meaning they had caught her perfectly off guard.

With a lean smile, the thanagarian stared back into the woman’s face and answered, “You can call Mr. Solo to the front door, no need to play his hide and seek games. We know he’s inside.” Arlyn’s teams were still tinkering with the sensor network that was being placed around the house, and in a matter of seconds, they’d have matching heat signatures to boot. The more Winter dragged out the conversation, the deeper she buried her own innocence.

An accomplice would also face the justice system, if Arlyn moved for a trial. Knowing Winter’s involvement and personal assistance to Leia Organa in the creation of the Rebellion, Arlyn had no intention of bringing the woman to her own trial, however, intimidation was somewhat of a test here.

Bikrit
Private

Post Posted: Sat, August 25th 2007 01:55am    Post subject:

Jaina was playing with her brother upstairs their room. It had been too long since they last played together. Jaina noticed that home was little different than the last time she was home, there was new beds for both of the childs, some new plants were in the corner.
"Cathc this!" Jaina yelled and threw i little furry ball towards Jonash.

Sorry that i have been inactive for while but now that the 2nd week of school is done i can concentrate on this too
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, August 25th 2007 06:22pm    Post subject:

Click.

The heat sensors activated and immediately, Eve's processors networked with the Rebellion Security Systems, matching the figures inside to the corresponding individuals. Eve spotted Han Solo; top of the stairs behind the structure. Her eyes flared, a coy smile emerging on the tip of her replicated lips.

Was it fear that caused the Corellian to hide from view? Or was something driving the man to remain hidden. She bent forward slightly and whispered into the thanagarian's ears. "He's at the top of a the stairs, armed."

Leaning back to her position, the security team spread into a delicate formation. Eve's own fingers wrapped around her blaster, disengaging the holster while staring into the eyes of the protective nanny. Was she afraid?

Arlyn drew her own weapon, before issuing a final command. "Winter. I ask you for the last time, please step aside." her voice raised, "Han Solo. You have five seconds to reveal yourself, before this gets ugly. One. Two-" The thanagarian continued to count upwards.

Known for making the first shot, Eve prepared to disable the Millennium Falcon Captain, before his brain was able to process and communicate the proper fingertip above the trigger.

Last edited by Eve on Sat, August 25th 2007 06:23pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, August 26th 2007 12:00am    Post subject:

"Too late for that," Han grumbled under his breath as he stealthily removed his DL-44 from the holster, keeping his index finger resting firmly against the trigger. Of course, he had no intentions of going down there with gun blazing, that would only get him in more trouble. He was only carrying it around as a precautionary action, in case something did happen. And with the Security Chief heading this operation, something was bound to happen.

Breathing in sharply through his nose, Han dared to poke his head out a bit further to get a better look. Winter was in the middle of explaining something to the security team, obviously trying to get them to stand down as her arms were gesturing about wildly, but from this distance, it was next to impossible to hear what it was she was saying. With a frustrated sigh, Han ducked back around the corner and rested his head against the wall. Why did everything have to be so complicated?

Down the hall, he could hear the cheerful voices of the twins in the other room as they played, unaware of the danger that was lurking outside. Sometimes Han wished he could live a life that simple, not having to worry about a thing and always able to prove his innocence. Although the reasoning behind his actions a month ago seemed simple enough, he knew people like Arlyn weren't going to believe him.

Closing his eyes and trying to shut out the jovial laughter of his kids, Han shifted his position so that the front of his body was facing the wall and ever so slowly, began to reopen his eyes. When his vision had adjusted, he noticed that Winter was no longer protesting with the Chief of Security and instead, was standing to the side to allow her to enter the home, her head downcast in what Han could only describe as shame and defeat.

Another loud cry echoed down the hall from the twins' room and Han couldn't take it anymore. The longer he stayed hidden up here, the greater the chance of his kids getting harmed...again. And there was no way in all the nine hells Han was gonna be responsible for hurting his own kids. He had come to terms with his actions back on the Falcon when he had first left Denon with Fett, it was now time to face the consequences.

Clenching his jaw and preparing for the inevitable gloating that would come from the bird woman, Han stepped out from around the corner to stand on the landing at the top of the staircase. "Alright," he growled through his teeth, continuing to keep a tight grip on the blaster. "You can quit with the countdown, I'm out."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, August 26th 2007 12:27am    Post subject:

"...I'm out." came the Corellian's eventual response. The security team hesistated, coiled and ready to spring into tactical action. Alatáriël's eyes left Winter for the first time, turning until she found herself staring towards the platinum blonde HRD. Eve nodded slowly, the sensor network confirming Solo's statement.

"Move in." Arlyn commanded and the first of the teams breached the entry way and secured various locations and doorways to the house, with their blasters trained on the shaggy man atop the stairs. Arlyn whispered gratitude to the nanny and her intelligent decision to step aside, allowing the security teams and the Security Chief herself to enter the complex.

Han's hand never left his blaster's side, yet there was no real threat here. Especially with children somewhere within the Solo's home.

"Lower your weapons. Code Two." The men and women throughout the complex slowly dipped their weapons, but not their guard. Arlyn's eyes filled with a twisted sense of joy as she stared at the unshaven Corellian. "You know why I'm here." She gave the man more intelligence than what he appeared to have, before asking the real lottery question, "Why'd you do it, Han?"

Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, August 26th 2007 02:03am    Post subject:

Han allowed his shoulders to slump and watched in silence as the security teams moved in, the infamous Security Chief at their head. He felt his gun hand flinch as she moved with surprising grace up the stairs, his hazel eyes never leaving her form until she finally halted a few paces in front of him.

For a long moment, the two just stared at each other, sizing up one another and trying to weed out the other's weakness. And for a brief moment, Han was reminded of that fateful day when he had been discharged from the Imperial Navy. He had even stood before a superior officer in much the same way, and ironically, for similar circumstances. The Corellian's fist involuntarily clenched at the reminder, more determined than ever to not let whatever gods that existed ruin his life again. He would make this incident end differently.

As the woman began to speak and ask questions, Han inclined his chin, still studying her under a careful eye. Was she trying to make him feel sorry for himself? He knew what he had done and he had decided long ago that he would face the consequences. With that thought still in mind, he tilted his head downward in a slight nod before answering her question.

"I had no choice," he responded in an even tone, his gaze continuing to remain level with her own. "Call it 'paternal instinct' or whatever...it was something I had to do. Maybe if your little rugrats would fall into the same situation, you'd understand. But until then," he raised his brow, a crooked grin spreading over his features. "I guess you just have to trust me."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, August 26th 2007 02:59am    Post subject:

"I guess you just have to trust me." the man finished his brief explanation, yet satisfied very little of Arlyn's main concerns. Her eyes searched his facial expressions; the variations of emotions were only human, especially from the disgruntled individual in front of her.

Part of her agreed with the man, that his own instincts to protect his child were far more effective than the collective search by the Rebellion. Whatever the man had done, he had achieved saving Jaina's life. And on this ground, Han Solo was justified.

"Your paternal instinct freed one of the most dangerous men in the galaxy." Arlyn's personal experience with the bounty hunter only kindled the hatred towards the injustice of his escape. She could not rightfully debate the action, as Tavion Starr had attempted to capture Arlyn's children a year previous... and now the man served a secretive life sentence at Origin Zero.

However, the Corellian did not know of this shady justice and she planned to keep it that way... otherwise this conversation would come back and bite her. And she had no intention to sit through the irony of the situation and the reversed roles of the current dilemma.

"You had dozens of options, resources, perhaps the entire navy... and you decided to attack my security officers, placing their lives in danger, while you whisk away a known killer..." she paused, "How many families will that man destroy now?" and continued, "Dozens deserve the justice that was promised to them, and you stopped that from happening because of a misplaced paternal instinct."

It was a delicate issue, but the seriousness of his actions and the infractions against the laws wouldn't tolerate his carefree attitude. "You're a mockery to the justice we strive to protect. Destroying the efforts of the search and capture these kind of criminals. What's stopping me from arresting you? You'd probably serve a few years... run into a few buddies from the good ole days?" She waited impatiently for his response…

Last edited by Alatáriël Pallanén on Sun, August 26th 2007 03:01am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, August 26th 2007 11:08pm    Post subject:

A deranged smirk twisted on the Corellian's face as he stood there, listening to her babble on about her glorified justice system. If her system was so great and such a necessity to the people of the Alliance, then why had those responsible for Jaina's kidnapping gone unpunished? Why wasn't the great Arlyn on the job to deliver justice to that particular individual? She had her favorites, that was true enough and it made Han sick. She was too stuck up to realize that she was indirectly making innocent children suffer - his children.

"Nice," Han shot back at her, the smirk on his face slowly fading. "But I doubt you got a hold of any of my former associates. They're too good to fall into one of your traps."

The weight of the blaster in his hand was beginning to grow uncomfortable and he shifted the grip subtly, making sure not to draw the attention of the bird woman or her men. He may still have some use for it. But in the mean time, he had other matters to sort out. "Let me tell you something about Boba Fett," Han pointed out, his eyes narrowing into a dangerous glare. "He ain't the kind of guy to go around killing families because the urge hits him. He was only doing his job, which is more than I can say about you." He paused, leaning in a bit closer to her position.

"Just how many families did you fail to protect that night?" he inquired in a low tone. "How do you know that bastard wasn't gonna hit every house on this block! I actually did you a favor. I did what I did to bring 'justice' to the twerp responsible. So, you should actually be thanking me, you know that? I don't know about you, but there ain't many people in this galaxy willing to do someone else's job for them."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, August 27th 2007 12:45am    Post subject:

They weren't as great as the Corellian bragged about, as Arlyn had reviewed some of the inmates of Rhen Var and their connections to Solo. If he hadn't shown up as early as he had, Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad planned to travel and investigate the mindset of the rugged man before her. She had a feeling he would resort to his previous ego empowered lifestyle to bail his children.

Was it wrong?

The thanagarian changed subjects, "You were a General of the Rebellion. An Admiral." her voice changed to say the next role, "And husband to the Chief of State. You of all should know and act better. You did not have to release Fett, you could've come to Intelligence, Security... hell, even special operations!" She pointed directly at his face, "Don't you dare question the actions of my office. Do you know what it's like to have hundreds of billions resting on your shoulders?"

She flared, "Of course not. It's easier to abandon your post, your duty as Admiral and retake the life of a smuggler. You can fly one hell of a junkyard ship, Solo, but at what cost? You freed a dangerous man and searched out a force that managed to not only bypass some of the best galactic security measures, but eliminate entire teams and wound a pair of Jedi. All for what? Did Fett assist you as much as your paternal instinct lead you to believe? Was he able to disable and release Jaina?!"

Her rant finished, "And if you busted him out, where'd you take him? Another Rebellion planet? The Empire?! Some kind of criminal tip? Where have you been for the past month?"

If an Imperial planet came out of his mouth, there would be little comfort for the man in the near future.

Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, August 27th 2007 06:20pm    Post subject:

"That's none of your business," Han growled, smacking her finger away from his face. He had tried to remain calm, but he found that to be increasing difficult when she continued to assault him with false accusations and empty threats. In short, she had no clue what the hell she was talking about. All that mattered to her was coming out of this smelling like a nova lilly. The thought made Han snort with disapproval.

"And don't you dare start spewing lies about not coming to you," he began again, his baritone voice now dripping with malice. "In case you don't remember, your office was my first stop after the attack! You were too worried about that guy with the chiphead sidekick than a direct assault on the Alliance. Not exactly where the Security Chief's priorities should be."

Han took a moment exhale through his nose and study the security men stationed around them. Things weren't exactly looking too good for him, but they could be worse. "Just remember you're dealing with the wrong person," he threatened. "I know what it's like to have half the galaxy on my shoulders. I was Commander in Chief, remember?" He shook his head. "You really are suffering from memory loss, aren't you?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, August 27th 2007 10:14pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad internally growled, his ability to work in the wrong direction of things was uncanny. "Han, it is my business to know where the Commander in Chief has come and gone. In case you've forgotten, military secrets are vital to our security. Now because of your thick headed arrogance, it's time to investigate in a different direction."

And just as she spoke, a wookiee security officer and a rather tall dark man appeared with a cuffed Chewbacca. The Corellian's pal roared in defiance, Arlyn dismissing the pun and returned to the conversation, "You can either stay here with your family, and tell me everything. Or come with Chewbacca to headquarters. Either way..." she finished the line in her mind, I get what I want..

Eve took a step forward, obviously ready to disable the Corellian if he made any foul moves. With a triumphant grin, Arlyn waited for the expected outburst.

Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, August 31st 2007 11:15am    Post subject:

The wookiee cuffed friend of Solo was an interesting turn of the conversation. The human was obviously placed in a strange dilemma. He would either leave his life pledged buddy to Arlyn's investigation or skip out on Leia's return and the full reunion of his family. The Human Replica Droid's eyes kept on the blaster and within a second, she could disable the Corellian and in three, she could have him cuffed and ready to walk towards the secured hover police vehicle waiting outside.

The group waited for the expected explosive response...
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, September 02nd 2007 01:16am    Post subject:

The Corellian could feel the heat radiating from his ears and cheeks as anger surged through his body, making the muscles in his gun hand twitch. The image of his co-pilot and best friend being drug out into his own living room in chains made his stomach knot. It was all too familiar to the past and Han was now determined to have the bird woman's head for this type of torture. But wasn't that what she wanted - an excuse to take him away?

Han's eyes met the Wookiee's defiant gaze for a long moment, weighing his options and trying to come up with some sort of plan to benefit them both. But no matter how long he milled over it, a favorable outcome couldn't be met. He was stuck and he needed to make the most of it. Of course, no matter what happened, he would make sure not to reveal his full trip report. The Security Chief would just have to live with it.

A low chuckle issued from deep within his throat, giving off the impression that he may be delirious, as he returned his gaze to the blond standing in front of him. "Resorting to threats now, huh?" Han breathed in harshly through his nose, pursing his lips and shaking his head in disgust. "I would've thought better from the great 'Winged Angel,'" he used her former title as an insult, articulating it in a way so that it sounded like a curse.

"Unfortunately for you," Han continued, angling his head in Chewie's direction and giving a slight nod. "Chewie and I took care of more skilled men than what you got gathered here before." He paused, taking a moment to twirl the blaster pistol around his index finger in a confident gesture that also proved to show his skill and precision with the weapon. When it came to rest again, the barrel was pointing directly at Arlyn's midsection. "Threaten the Wook again, and we'll gladly demonstrate for you."

The greenish-gold orbs that were Han's eyes bore into the Security Chief's own gaze for several moments, making sure his message was perfectly clear before his expression and posture relaxed, the blaster dropping back to his side. "Now," he voiced in a more even tone, his brow lifting faintly. "Let him go and maybe I'll be willing to talk." He rested his back against the wall, a smug expression now present on his face, and waited.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, September 02nd 2007 01:01pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad couldn't have enjoyed the situation more, yet it could end with the Corellian in chains with his co-pilot. Her teethed revealed a cruel smile as she flicked her fingers and the wookiee was dragged towards the awaiting police speeder. In the meantime, Alatáriël debated whether or not to retort to the Winged Angel comment, but for now, she could tell the man was in enough emotional torment that any more baiting may receive a backlash from the Chief of State.

Knowing her limits, the thanagarian answered, "No. Chewbacca collaborated with a criminal, and he will serve time. I have a court order on both of your names. I follow orders." And in seconds, the Corellian would join him with his trusty blaster confiscated.

Typically, that was the first move. Never allow a potential criminal the right to keep their weapon, especially at the time of the arrest. But with Eve standing so close to the ex-smuggler, Arlyn felt confident enough that the man would be disarmed faaster than he could slam down a whiskey shot.

"As for you, well, we both know you have an expected dance in the courts... probably the biggest this government has seen since it's formation. And I plan to be there." Her mind only beckoned his blaster finger, the more charges the merrier... She sealed the remark with a playful wink before she finished.

"Han, the difference between you and me..." her eyes coyed with the next few words, then decided against saying them, "Well. I'm here. And, you're there." Her smile faded, her emotions emerging to the surface for a moment, "You were inconsiderate. You were foolish. You placed the Rebellion's highest military secrets on some joy ride searching for a child, Rebellion Intelligence would have found had you given the situation time. I know that's hard for a parent, but it's the right thing to do. How many children were placed at risk with an Admiral's knowledge floating into the unknown? Billions." Her next vocal inflection was ruthless, "It was careless."

Han Solo has been known to visit a cantina or two, and only the Force, the gods, or whatever, knew what he talked about over a few drinks. And Arlyn wouldn't allow this man, to put her own children at risk because he felt surrendering somekind of information (willingly or not) would assist him in collecting Jaina.

"I'm giving you five seconds. You will either join Chewbacca willingly, or I will take you by force." She added, "Don't be cocky. You're chances to shoot or free him are quite nonexistant." Her voice was crude, "Stand down, Solo. Now."

Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, September 02nd 2007 11:04pm    Post subject:

"Resorting to threats now, huh?" Han breathed in harshly, "I would've thought better from the great 'Winged Angel,' "

Eve knew the man needed to tread with extreme care, if he wished to maintain any control of the situation in his favor. The Winged Angel comment was most likely a low blow, something the thanagarian struggled with after Calias Ketra had been killed. For months, she lived in the man's shadow, perfecting and following his final orders to the very letter. She later abandoned that dream, returning to her duty as a Rebellion Intelligence agent, and struck a deal with the Chief of State to make a rather radical change of lifestyle.

Han Solo, however, appeared too ignorant to take into account the effects of losing a lover and the emotional after-effects. Then again, Eve had very little understanding of it herself, except access to the personal diaries of the 'Winged Angel' and her crusade to perfect Ketra's dream.

Interpretation of Han's remarks was futile, but the Corellian continued to escalate the situation. "Unfortunately for you, Chewie and I took care of more skilled men than what you got gathered here before." He paused, twirling the blaster until it stopped in front of Arlyn's midsection, "Threaten the Wook again, and we'll gladly demonstrate for you."

Instantly, Eve was tense. Her supercomputer connection processed everything known to exist on the smuggler, and the odds were against him pulling the trigger... at least to kill. A strange statistic rose that he managed to fire first, in the event of a fire fight, but here, the man would sorely be punished if he made any movement of the nature.

"Now," he voiced in a more even tone, "Let him go and maybe I'll be willing to talk." He leaned against the wall, as if gaining more control. If Eve was entirely Human, and not the replica droid like she was, she would've laughed at the man's demands. He didn't know the tall blonde woman standing next to him was a nine million credit designed protective assistant to a security officer... with enough connections throughout the galaxy that she could process trillions of possible outcomes for the given scenario. And in a fraction of what it would take him to twirl the blaster and even begin to aim, she'd have him cuffed and ready to beg to stay with the children a few doors down.

Arlyn launched into her speech, obviously at some intervals, she was emotionally fired up towards the smuggler, yet she managed to control various possible outbreaks. She not only antagonized the man before Eve, but managed to push things to very peak of emotional explosions. No doubt the man would have what humans called a 'smart ass' remark, before submitting to the woman. It was an ego showdown, and very few humans could compare to the ego this man could display. Or even, to Arlyn for that matter.

Eve waited patiently, her fingers and hands placed in the exact position necessary to catch the ex-smuggler in various positions and restrain him. She only showed him a calm complexion with an equally tranquil pose.

Last edited by Eve on Sun, September 02nd 2007 11:05pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, September 06th 2007 11:15pm    Post subject:

The muscles in Han's gun hand tightened, his index finger becoming dangerously close to depressing the trigger as his eyes remained solely focused on the Security Chief. He had to admit, the odds definitely weren't looking good at this point but then again, when did they ever matter? Somehow, he had always managed to pull through, whether it was because of his dumb luck or something else, he couldn't tell. All he knew was he could probably take on the two women standing in front of him with ease. There was only one problem with that plan, however. The twins.

He had heard the soft patter of little feet entering the hallway earlier, somewhere between the Security Chief's threats and his attempt to rescue Chewie. They had been watching the whole thing from a distance and were taking in every action he made. One wrong move, and he threatened to scar them or send them down the wrong path for the rest of their lives. He didn't want to deal with that guilt on top of everything else. Besides, what would Leia want him to do?

With a heavy sigh, the Corellian raised his chin in a sign of defiance and issued a sound that sounded awfully close to a snarl. The blaster pistol spun around his index finger one last time before clattering to the floor with a metallic thud. "You win this time, Wings," he spat, holding out his hands, palms up. "But don't think you'll get this opportunity again. Nobody's that lucky."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, September 07th 2007 09:22am    Post subject:

Arlyn had noticed the children and had wished Winter wished them away, versus standing there and watching their own father be arrested. A tall Security officer dropped his blaster, placed it inside of it's holster, then cuffed the Corellian. As the energy containment field wrapped around the metallic as a double precaution, victory seethed from the thanagarian.

With the warranted individuals successfully captured, Arlyn needed to connect with the pair of innocent eyes that seemed to well up in tears. "Don't worry. He'll be back. Your father and I just need to talk." Hoping it would win them over, Arlyn smiled as generously as she could before the security armada left the apartment complex.

The heat of the late afternoon was the first discomfort outside of the Solo's home, alongside the absence of the Denon Winds. Her wings felt rather dry with each step, with a rather disdain sensation of the lacking wind current.

The second discomfort was a surprising turn of media coverage, as reporters and various holo droids spun around to capture the returned famed hero, and the sudden arrest. She was always amazed how these individuals learned of the events taking place inside of the Solo residence, but it wouldn't surprise her if they had sources spread throughout the planet. With Han Solo's legendary vessel entering the system, one of the hundreds of billions may have recognized or detected the Falcon's return.

Han Solo most likely enjoyed the attention he received this moment, the surge of the major media already on the Corellian's side, as they targeted Arlyn with strange and biased opinions.

Taking this into account, Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad and the apprehended criminals were swept away towards security headquarters; they'd discuss the prosecuted terms and investigate the matter at hand. In her gut, something was wrong...

Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Mon, November 12th 2007 04:52pm    Post subject:

There was a strange feeling that hit Lionel as he came to the end of the walkway that lead to the Solos residence. Some kind of tense hesitance or hesitant tenseness or simply both hesitance and tenseness. Which it was really didn’t matter, it only mattered that it was there and why so he could get rid of it or ignore it as quickly as possible. So why was that feeling there?

Once he gave himself a moment to think about it, the reason was that the impressive speed he had gotten to this point with had built up both his hopes and confidence, both of which could easily be shattered in an instant. By now, Solo had already been contacted by scores of lawyers if the news was to be believed, which worked against him in two ways, each of which were entirely opposite the other. If they were tired of the countless lawyers by now, it would be entirely possible that they’d dismiss any more without seeing them and picking one of the ones they had been contacted by at random. On the other hand, if they were looking really hard for the best lawyer they could get, again Lionel would be at a great disadvantage, as it was experience they were looking for, he would bet that he was not the ideal choice for the job.

So why was he doing this in the first place? Because he knew that there was a chance, however small it may have been, that he would somehow get this job. Because he didn’t really have anything to loose.

”Because I can.”

How then, did he prepare himself to avoid the potentially crushing reality that would come down upon him if the more likely scenarios came into play? He would have to expect failure. A really bad choice in most situations, but for now, it would help get that tense feeling out of his gut. Or back. Or wherever it was fricking hiding. A deep, relaxing breath later, and he was on his way down the path.

Pocket Change: 50,000

The guy who made the 25,000th post
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Solo Residence
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: