}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Solo Residence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Solo Residence
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, November 16th 2007 04:46am    Post subject:

"And now a follow-up of our top story for those of you just joining us. We have been following the latest developments in the Han Solo trial and as of noon today, all---"

"Hey! I was watchin' that!" came a shrill cry from the far end of the couch. Han Solo turned to watch his four year old son cross his arms over his chest in defiance and spear him with a steely gaze that was so like his own.

"No you weren't," Han pointed out with an amused smirk as he gently rubbed a finger over the holo control before hiding it behind his back. "You're too young to get sucked into that stuff. Not interesting either."

"But they were talkin' about you," Jonash countered, climbing over cushions and pillows to reach his father on the other side of the couch. "Why were they talkin' about you?"

The Corellian pursed his lips and looked down into the innocent face of his son, uncertain how to continue with the conversation. The truth was he was being labeled as a criminal throughout the entirety of the Alliance. They were judging him solely on his actions back on the landing platform and his plan to break out Fett. Like everything else in the media, they failed to see the true reasoning behind his motives. Jaina was the driving force behind everything and for that reason alone, he considered himself a hero. He had accomplished his goal and brought her back safely...with a price. Then again, didn't all heroic acts come with a price?

With that thought alone, he knew what to say to his son. "It's all part of the publicity, kid. You see, I saved---"

"Daddy was arrested for breaking Bubba Fatt out of jail, you stupid head!" Jaina interrupted from her spot on the floor. The rag doll in her hand dropped to the floor as she rose to her feet in a huff. "Don't you know anything?"

"That's Boba Fett," Han muttered under his breath, clenching his jaw against the impending argument. "And don't call your brother--"

"I know a lot more than you, bantha breath!" Jonash cried out in retaliation, jumping to his feet in one fluid motion and managing to fling one of the pillows in Jaina's direction. "Take that!"

"OWW!"

A heavy sigh issued from Han's mouth as he realized he had to step in and play mediator, something every parent considered a nightmare. And of course, he was never good at it. But if he just let them fight it out, Leia would have his head, so he had to do something. Leaning forward across the couch, Han reached out and grabbed Jaina's arm before she could strike back against Jonash's attack. "That's enough," he scolded in a stern voice. "What is it with you two and always wanting to kill each other?"

"She started it!" Jonash shouted, pointing an accusing finger in Jaina's direction.

"I did not! You threw a pillow at me!"

"Liar!"

And with that, they were off again. Han was about to impede a second time, but was distracted by an insistent knocking at the front door. An audible growl escaped from the back of his throat as he rose from the couch with his fingers entangled in his hair. "Now what," he grumbled under his breath, giving the brawling kids one final glance before shouting at the top of his lungs. "LEIA! Get down here NOW!"

Without even waiting for a response, Han continued across the room to the door and opened it with a scowl. The figure that was standing on the other side was a less than welcomed sight. Not another lawyer, Han groaned inwardly. It took every last bit of will power to refrain from telling the man off and sending him sprawling down the sidewalk.

"Oh, nice, another one," Han ground out sarcastically, leaning his right shoulder against the doorframe. "And who sent you?"

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Fri, November 16th 2007 07:03pm    Post subject:

”Looks like I picked the worst possible time.”

Between the indecipherable yelling in the background, the sarcasm in Solos voice, and so many other things, it was clear that if Lionel wanted to go anywhere but back home in defeat, he would have his work cut out for him. One wrong thing and it would be all over.

“I’ve been sent by a private citizen by the name of Lionel Wright.”

Clearly, if Solo was asking who had sent him, he assumed that Lionel belonged to a larger law firm. Likely those had been where most, if not all, his would-be lawyers had come from thus far. That might work in his favor. The key right now was to get Solo to loosen up, not be inclined to order him off the premises in a moments notice. By telling him that he hadn’t been sent by a law firm, he might be able to put him on a different footing.

And it was technically true what he had said. He was, in fact, a private citizen, and if one thought about it, he had sort of sent himself here.

“Considering all that you’ve done for this government that he is so fond of, he thought he would do his part to give something back.”

Considering all that he’d done? This was fricking Han Solo, one of the heroes of the rebellion if you went back far enough. Well, he did have to be careful not to make it sound like brownnosing. That would be just pitiful and he wasn’t sure how easily he’d get be able to get clean afterwards.

“So he asked that I offer you my services as a lawyer and inform you that he is willing to pay all my normal legal expenses.”

Willing being the key word there. Not that he made it sound like the key word. But if he somehow got the job and won, he wouldn’t object to getting paid if they really wanted to pay him. But that was his clincher. If there was one advantage he had in this selection process, it was that he was willing to do it for free in hopes of gaining the long-term benefits.

It was hard to keep hidden the tenseness that came as he waited for what came next.

Pocket Change: 50,000

The guy who made the 25,000th post
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, November 17th 2007 04:25am    Post subject:

A look of disbelief flashed across the Corellian's face and his brow furrowed with some confusion. At first, he had thought he heard the man wrong but the look on the other's face said otherwise. Years of playing Sabacc and participating in games of chance had made it quite easy to detect the quirks that indicated a bluff. As far as Han could tell, this man was being sincere when he said he would represent him for free. That reality raised Han's suspicions even more. Something wasn't adding up. It wasn't everyday a law official offered up his services for free. There had to be an ulterior motive.

"Let me get this straight," Han finally responded, his eyes downcast as he tried to pull the puzzle together. "You work alone and you want to represent me...for free?" His hazel eyes locked with the law man as he uttered the final word, his mouth twisting with an incredulous smirk. "I may be having a rough day," he indicated back to the ruckus inside the house with a wave of his hand. "But you don't need to crack jokes like that to try and cheer me up. Now really, what kind of damage am I looking at and who is this Lionel Wright?"

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Sat, November 17th 2007 12:22pm    Post subject:

That was a bit confusing. First he had asked why he was willing to represent him for free as if he had figured out he was Lionel, then he had asked who Lionel Wright was. Hadn’t he said that he was paying his own legal expenses in a different phrasing?

“Since you asked, Admiral Solo, I am Lionel Wright, and no joke, I am willing to do the job for free.”

Though, he could understand why Solo would be surprised or even suspicious that he was willing to do the job for free. Lawyers had a nasty reputation for being slimy, conniving money hungry sons-of-sith. Probably well deserved too. It wasn’t unheard of for Lawyers to do jobs for free, it was just rare. And usually with a sneaky reason. This was no exception.

”Sometimes, there’s more to being a lawyer than just money.”

”Like fame, notoriety, getting your name out there, perhaps even having a bigger prescience in the courtroom…”

Yes, sometimes there were bigger in this job than money. They just weren’t the usual ‘more than money’ things that generally came with the phrase – justice, helping out a fellow man, all that fricking stuff. Well, sometimes it was those thing. Just not in this case.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, November 17th 2007 05:36pm    Post subject:

The revelation that this man was indeed the Lionel Wright he mentioned came as no surprise to Han. The Corellian pretty much had it figured out in his mind, he just wanted to hear the actual words come out of the man's mouth. And when they did finally spew forth, a thin smile upturned the right side of his mouth in satisfaction. Now with that out of the way, there was only the matter of this whole operation being free. He still wasn't convinced on that front but then again, this guy seemed different from the others from the very start. His last response about money not being everything only confirmed that thought. Besides, getting through this whole mess without laying down a single credit did sound nice.

"You know, I like your thinking," Han admitted as he pushed away from the doorframe. "I can't tell you the last time I came across a guy like you with a half-decent head on his shoulders. That kind of thing is a rarity these days. They must keep you guys tucked away under a rock on Tatooine or something."

Han shook his head and winced at the absurdity of his own joke and stepped back into the house before Wright could respond to it. He was relieved to see that Winter had finally gotten the twins under control and she was now scolding them while they sat on opposite sides of the couch. Leia, however, was nowhere to be seen. Well, that had to change. He wanted her opinion on this Lionel Wright character before he made a decision.

Turning back to his guest, Han gestured for the man to enter the home with a wave of his hand. "How 'bout we go talk business for a while?"

Not sure if you want to play out the entire conversation or just skip ahead and summarize it in your post. You can do whatever works best for you.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Sun, November 18th 2007 03:11am    Post subject:

Well, I hadn’t thought out anything specifically other than at least playing out the beginning. Is there a preference you had?

In an instant, a great deal of anxiety and fear dropped from Lionels shoulders. He had gotten over that first important hurdle. He had gotten around the potential of being dismissed without a chance, and better yet, he was now being invited in to talk business. That was a very good sign.

Though on the other hand, he was now regretting the part about giving back and all that. When he made a decision to try and get this case, he had done it because win or loose, he would have a very good chance of becoming a household name within the rebellion when this was over – especially if he actually won. If the issue of why he had taken this case for free kept coming up, that could be an issue.

Unless he was able to make himself believe that was really the reason he had taken it. Would it really be that far a stretch? It was true that Han was a hero, and it was true that he liked living here more than he likely would have liked living in the Empire. And if he looked at it right, he could very well look at this as giving back to one of the people who had made that possible. Yeah - if he looked at it that way, making himself believe that was the reason he was doing it would be easy. At least easy enough to deal with the question if anyone else brought it up.

“That sounds like a wonderful idea.” He responded to the mans question before making his way inside.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, November 27th 2007 12:23am    Post subject:

That sounds fine to me. And sorry for not responding sooner. I've been sick all last week and didn't feel like doing much of anything. Hopefully things will go a bit faster from here on out.

The breakfast dishes were still scattered about the counters and tabletops as Han led Lionel Wright into the Solos' kitchen. A frown creased his forehead upon surveying the scene but he quickly went into action to clear a spot for the attorney at the table. "Uh, sorry about the mess," he muttered in a dry tone while piling dishes into the dispenser unit. "Been a busy morning and for some reason, our droid felt like passing on house duties..." He ended the sentence with a nervous chuckle, mentally making a note to reduce Threepio to scrap once this meeting was over.

"Can I get ya something to drink?" Han swiftly moved onto another topic, deciding that he wasn't doing a very good job of humoring the man so far. Might as well butter 'em up with a drink of some kind. Without even waiting for Wright to respond, Han grabbed two bottles of juri juice from the fridge and set them down on the table.

"Leia!" he called one last time, sliding into a chair on the far side of the table. When the sound of hurried footsteps began to resound from somewhere upstairs, Han relaxed back against the chair and breathed a sigh of relief. Hopefully things will go a bit smoother with Leia finally coming downstairs to join them. But in the mean time...

"So, uh," Han began, gesturing with one hand and dragging one of the bottles of juri juice toward him with the other. "What exactly am I looking at? How can you help me?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Tue, November 27th 2007 01:59am    Post subject:

”Why, thank you.” Lionel said, not entirely expecting to get something to drink, and yet at the same time, he would have been slightly disappointed had nothing come. ”I prefer judge juice myself, but…”

Lionel accepted the bottle as he smiled to himself. It wasn’t the greatest joke, but it was better than nothing. Besides, it wasn’t one that got out often outside of law schools. It was an old one there – some smart-alec young law student had taken the old ‘Jawa Juice’ joke and turned it into something a bit more familiar. Opening it and taking a sip, he then proceeded to get down to business.

”That partially depends on how you can help me, Admiral. Information is important, as I’m sure you know, so anything you can tell me about this case that hasn’t been released publicly yet would be a great asset into forming the final defense plan.”

Another sip, both to keep him from getting long winded and to make sure he didn’t go to fast. He had no doubt he could talk as fast as he wanted to and Solo could keep up, but better to let information sink in.

”However, that doesn’t mean that I’m am totally unprepared. See, as much as people like to talk about justice being blind and all those talking points, one of the things they teach you at law school is that emotions and feelings can be just as important to a case as facts. Sometimes more important. And lucky for you, you have plenty of that going for you. Let's face it, this whole thing we got going here...” He said as he spun his finger in the air to reference the planet and the Alliance. He hoped Han would pick up on Yavin instead of their conversation about the case. ”...they owe it all to you.”

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, November 27th 2007 03:09pm    Post subject:

"And to a lucky shot from a wide-eyed farmboy," Han mumbled quietly under his breath as he toyed nervously with the juice bottle, his eyes downcast. The mention of his dead friend brought a heavy weight down upon his chest and he could feel that familiar lump hanging at the back of his throat. It had only been a few short weeks since Luke's passing and Han was still in a state of denial over the whole thing. It didn't help that he had been away on his "mission" to rescue Jaina when it happened, but somehow, he thought it would be different. Having the attorney hint at that fateful day at Yavin, which escalated Luke from a farmboy to a hero, didn't help matters either. Especially when he was twisting it around so that it sounded as if Han had destroyed the Death Star solely on his own. The Corellien knew he was only trying to help him out, but it didn't feel right. Besides, he didn't like being known as a hero anyway.

"I was just the sidekick," he smiled distantly, reminiscing back to the award ceremony following the battle and the comaderie that had been between them. "The kid deserves more credit than I do, but I get where you're coming from. There's probably some people willing to fall for it...somewhere."

An awkward silence hung in the air on his last word and Han swiftly cleared his throat and moved onto the next subject before Wright could respond. He didn't want to sound so pessimistic in front of him, but that was truly how he felt. He was originally going to just plead guilty and get it over with, but now he was slowly beginning to change his mind after hearing this guy speak. He may just have a chance and after he got this next thing off his chest, those chances may increase.

"You also mentioned something about gathering all information to get a final defense plan?" he started slowly, eyes focused on the far wall as he gathered his thoughts. "There's one thing you--no one knows." He paused, taking a deep breath through his nose and raising his gaze so that it was even with the other man's face. "My daughter. She was...kidnapped. I did it to get 'er back."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Tue, November 27th 2007 05:07pm    Post subject:

He had done it to rescue his kidnapped daughter? And that hadn’t come out yet? Talk about a bombshell. This was big. Really, really big. There was, of course, the chance that he was making the story up, but Lionel didn’t even consider that possibility seriously.

”He did it to rescue his kidnapped daughter”

That was enough to turn this into a whole new ballgame. As cold as it may have may have sounded, kids, especially of the young and innocent kind, made for excellent sympathy. Better not to play it to that angle, though – it seemed a touchy enough subject as it was.

”That is exactly what I’m talking about. That kind of information is the stuff that makes a case like this immensely more winnable.”

Unfortunately, his word alone on it would not be enough. On the flip side, it seemed unlikely that his word alone would be all he would have. Chewbacca had been with Solo, hadn’t he? That was at least one person that should have been able to testify to that effect. Even better would be if they could get someone in alliance security to testify to that effect. Possibly. If he couldn’t, that still left open the idea that security had failed to do their job, and Solo had been forced to pick up the slack. Win-win? Well, maybe, but there were no guarantees there.

”The ‘no one knows’…I’m presuming you mean in general?”

If nothing else, he could see about the daughter herself testifying. He’d want to leave that as a last resort, though – as cute as little kids could be in the courtroom, they weren’t exactly the most difficult people to manipulate into saying what you wanted them to on the stand, keeping their testimony from being real reliable.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, November 28th 2007 02:25am    Post subject:

Han swallowed hard and watched in silence as Wright reacted to the news of Jaina's disappearance and eventual rescue. At that moment, something tightened within his chest, giving that tell-tale sign that he had made a mistake. This whole thing had been a sensitive subject from the start and here he was blabbing it to this attorney. It wasn't that he didn't trust the guy, he just didn't trust the rest of the galaxy...and they were about to be let in on the news. Too late now, Solo. Suck it up and make the best of it....

"Pretty much," Han admitted, returning to the question Wright had poised moments before. "It's just Leia, me, the winged-wonder up there in security, Ackbar, Fett...and now you."

Of course he was leaving out that one little tidbit about Isard, Daara and half of Imperial Intel knowing, but he wasn't quite ready to deal that card yet. The torture he endured was still fresh in his mind and he needed a little more time to overcome that. No sense in rubbing salt into an open wound.

"I want this to stay between us for now, though," he added almost as an afterthought, finally taking a long sip from his drink. "Try not to mention it until we actually get inside the courtroom."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Sat, January 12th 2008 03:04am    Post subject:

Sorry it’s been so long.

So the Security Chief knew? That could prove quite useful. Didn’t she have kids of her own?

”As you wish.”

Probably best to move on to other topics at this point.

”Moving on for now, there’s another topic that perhaps could be used to our advantage. I don’t want to personally suggest that I truly think anything about it, but…”

Oh, how to proceed? He could only imagine it being a touchy subject, so it would require he go about it carefully.

”Your more recent time as a prisoner of the Empire.” He said, referencing the short time that Han had been held right at the end of the most recent ‘war’ between the Empire and Alliance. ”I personally think we could use that to your advantage.”

Well, that wasn’t exactly what he might have hoped for, but it wasn’t the worst way it could have come out either.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, March 04th 2008 09:56pm    Post subject:

Sorry this took so long to get up. This is a JP that takes place right before the trial.

The pale, blue light emitting from the holo unit cast eerie shadows on the wall of the bedroom as Han lay atop of the bed, occasionally flipping through the channels in a vain search to find something interesting to watch. At this time of night, it was either some drawn out infomercial from the Outer Rim on the methods of hair restoration or the endless stream of news reports on the Galactic Holonet that repeated themselves ten times in case some poor, unfortunate soul missed the first half of why the mating season of the glurpfish would be delayed by a few cycles.

The absurdity of it all usually resulted in a quick shake of the head, maybe an eyeroll now and then before moving off to the next channel. But as Han approached those news networks tonight, he found himself slowing down to actually take notice of the reports on the screen. For tonight, they weren't just merely reporting on the breakdown of some ecosystem on the other side of Tatooine, but himself. His face was everywhere as some stuck-up news anchor drawled on about his arrest and the impending trial that could "tarnish his career and reputation."

The worst offense came from a news agency loyal to the Empire that stated that he was, "...nothing more than a smuggler and too far down on the food-chain to amount to anything else in life. A typical showing for someone who matches this demographic. Should the galaxy really be surprised?"

Han was doing a damn fine job on his own feeling guilty and responsible for his actions. He didn't need some blood-thirsty news agency doing the hard work for him. In fact, as far as he was concerned, it was none of their damn business! The anger that had been stewing inside of him since the holo unit was turned on reached its peak and his fist slammed down on the remote, deactivating the holo and sending the room into darkness.

Well, almost...

A warm glow broke into that darkness as the door to the adjoining 'fresher opened and Leia stepped out in her nightgown. She took one look at Han's clear frustration and frowned. "It's just another story to them," she offered in a calming tone.

Han's eyes were still focused on the blackened holo screen, a residual glow still visible in the center as a scowl crossed his features. "Yea, well, I don't like them plastering my face all over everything." He pushed himself up into a sitting position, his gaze now meeting hers. "There should be a law against that or something."

A small smile came to her lips. "Well, if you want to come to the Senate..."

His nose wrinkled up in disgust, similar to a small child who disliked the taste of a particular kind of food. It bothered him, yes, but he wasn't going to send a clear trail to Leia just yet. "It doesn't bother me that much," he lied, shrugging his shoulders as if to reassure her that everything was alright.

But of course, Leia knew better. Her head titled to the side marginally as she studied him with a crucial eye, almost as if she was tearing the truth from him or rather, wanted him to admit it to her. To emphasize that point, she remained silent with a hint of a smile still on her face.

Han noticed that look out of the corner of his eye and quickly redirected his gaze to the blank holo. "Still, they have plenty of other stories they could follow," he pointed out in a softer tone, more to himself than to Leia.

"If this isn't bothersome to you, than I'd hate to see something that does bother you," she said as she came closer to the bed.

This time, a smile was able to break the tough mask Han had been wearing since the conversation began. His mouth turned up slightly but he kept his gaze on the holo, his eyes distant. "It's been a long month," he admitted with a sigh.

Leia's tone grew softer as well. "It...really has."

Something didn't sound right. Han was able to pick up on the subtle change to her tone and turned to her with furrowed brow. "You alright?"

"I have you, don't I?" A brief smile appeared on her face but an underlying problem was still evident. The way she darted her eyes away from his gaze and directed them to the far wall spoke volumes.

Han frowned and slid towards the edge of the bed to be closer to her. "That didn't answer my question."

She shook her head, obviously thinking to herself that he was overreacting and gave him another small smile. "I guess I'm still a little...out of rhythm from everything. But I'm fine, really."

Remaining silent for a long moment, Han just sat there and studied her. For the first time since returning home, Han was able to sort things out long enough to notice that the slight bulge to Leia's abdomen was gone. But where was the baby? Had she lost it or was she hiding it somewhere? It really didn't make sense. In either case, it bothered him that she was avoiding the subject and failed to tell him the truth. "Really? Fine?"

That same unconvincing smile was still on her lips. "That's what I said."

This obviously wasn't working. It was time to take things to the next level to try and get her to talk. Rising to his feet, Han crossed the short distance that was still between the two of them and slowly slid his arms around her frame from behind. He held her there for a long moment, feeling her relax a bit in his embrace before he began to move his hands down toward her stomach. As soon as his fingers brushed against the tender skin, she flinched. "I don't think so," Han told her, now totally unconvinced that she was fine. He lowered his voice to a whisper and brought his mouth close to her ear. "What happened?"

She flinched more noticeably as his breath brushed against her neck and immediately began to pull out of his embrace. "No...t-there's nothing. I-I need to go wash my face."

"Your face looks fine," Han said, his voice no longer a whisper as he continued to hold his arms tight around her. "Relax," he uttered soothingly as he began to stroke her stomach again. Something bad must've happened to the baby to get her riled up like this and he was bent on finding out what it was. "You know, we seem to be missing someone."

"I-I'll be right back!" she stuttered, breaking loose of his grip for good this time. Without a moment's hesitation, she started to scurry back to the 'fresher.

"Why are you hiding the kid from me?" Han blurted out as he took a step closer to her position. He had enough playing games and trying to be nice about it. He wanted to know and he deserved to know.

The words must have had the desired effect for Leia halted her hurried retreat and turned slowly to regard him with a quizzical expression. Han couldn't tell if she was truly hurt or just surprised at his bluntness. "Uh..w-what?" she stammered.

Han took this moment to carefully scan the room, making sure he hadn't missed something upon his return - anything that indicated that a baby was living here. Everything seemed to be in order and as he expected, there was no sign of the newborn in sight. His gaze fell back on her. "Where is it?"

For a brief moment, it appeared as if she was gonna break down and cry, but she quickly covered it up and turned once again toward the 'fresher with more determination than before.

"Leia," he called in a more gentle tone this time as he started after her. When she didn't respond and just simply continued to hurry away, Han picked up the pace and had no trouble catching her before she disappeared through the doorway. With clenched jaw, he latched a firm hand onto her arm to stop her. His expression was hard and serious. "Did you...loose it?"

"I don't want to talk about it!" Leia exclaimed as she shifted her body away from him and closed her eyes against the impending tears.

Seeing her break down like this was never easy and it left Han feeling worthless. He never knew how to handle these type of blowouts properly and did only what seemed right in his own eyes. And sometimes, that wasn't always the best way. He hoped this time it would work out instead of backfiring in his face. Allowing the grip on her arm to loosen and eventually drop away, Han softened his expression and leaned forward so Leia was forced to look into his eyes. "Hey," he cooed, trying to reassure her. "I'm sorry."

Leia was silent and proved to be just as stubborn as ever. She refused to show any indication that she appreciated his words and instead, turned her eyes to the floor in a gesture that suggested she didn't want his help. It was as if it was her burden alone and he could never understand. That mentality irked Han more than anything. She wasn't the only one who lost a son or daughter!

Squelching the need to yell at her and make matters worse, Han took some calming breaths and decided to approach this another way. It might not be characteristic of his personality, but Leia would be the only one witnessing this and he learned long ago that it was alright to show his soft side to her. After all, she was the one that initially brought it out of him all those years ago to begin with. She deserved these rare moments. "I...I know it's tough," he began with clenched jaw. "But why did you try and hide it from me? Didn't you think I'd notice?"

"I didn't w-want you to w-worry about it," she mumbled in a voice that was so unlike her own. And here, the crux of the problem was revealed. She did view the child as her own burden and thought Han should not have to be involved. It hurt to an extent and Han wasn't about to hide that from her.

"Yea, well, it was on my mind," he quipped, trying to get a glance at her face once again. "You know, it would've been my kid too."

A sniffle was the only warning Han had before she began to openly sob. It was at that point Han realized he had taken it too far. So much for not having things blow up in his face. "I-I...d-didn't want to---it..." she choked out before succumbing to another round of tears.

Han blew out a heavy sigh, mentally scolding himself for letting it get this bad, and pulled her close to his chest. He began to massage her back with a simple back and forth motion. "Hey, it's alright," he said softly into her hair.

The couple stood there in silence for what seemed like eternity before finally slipping beneath the covers together and drifting off to sleep.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Solo Residence
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: