}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Solo Residence
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Solo Residence
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, July 20th 2006 08:57pm    Post subject: Solo Residence

A new Thanagarian emerged from the darkness. Her once brunette hair was changed to a dark blonde, almost orange, reflecting the new darkness within. Her eyes lined with black eyeliner as her Rebel Security uniform was changed to a dark black. It was mostly used for night cameo, but it only added to her changed personality. A pair of blasters rested around her waist, one on each hip. She was reluctant to part from them for mere moments fearing another attack that she was less prepared for. Her tight boots crushed the green and herbal life under her feet as she barreled towards the Chief of State’s door. Leia Organa Solo had requested a meeting with the Thanagarian Chief.

The cold metal door remained motionless as the winged officer waited outside the door. Moments later, she was cleared and she stepped into the room meeting the Chief eye to eye.

"Madame and honorable Chief of State,"Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad greeted with a bow. Formalities.

Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, July 21st 2006 02:30am    Post subject:

Leia pulled the tie out of her long hair and let it fall down below her shoulders. She quietly closed the door to Jonash's room. He, she noted, was always more difficult to get to bed than Jaina.

She walked out into the living room in time to hear the security alert ring. Alatáriël had arrived. Leia walked to the source of the audio and deactivated the device, then opened the door. She was greeted with a bow.

"Alatáriël, no need for that," she smiled. "You're not on duty."

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, July 23rd 2006 03:31pm    Post subject:

Leia's words stung, the tone of a friend was unexpected. Arlyn blushed slightly, part of her old self resurfacing slightly before she flashed a neutral lip posture and returned to business. "As you wish." Carefully taking her emotions under control, she stepped into the house. A few toys were out of their boxes, strung about the Chief of State's home.

Arlyn eyed the holocommunications device, something the galaxy was watching. It must be a difficult time for the Chief of State, considering her husband was at the imperial galactic capital. Arlyn turned, her blonde hair moving perfectly allowing them to exchange an eye glance. Almost without any effort Arlyn knew what she would be asked.

"Madame, we were caught off guard." she began, her voice was emotionless yet a tinge of anger was present. "I suppose that is why you have asked me here today?" Arlyn recalled the painful night and the massive persona change that had occured because of the result. The man that stuck out most was Sark, but many parsecs away, he was suffering for the actions he had committed.

Arlyn waited for the brunette's response, knowing that she would soon have to give a long tale of Milo Rambaldi and the forces that had attacked her that night.

Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, July 25th 2006 01:08am    Post subject:

Leia moved into the living room and gestured to the long, luxorious couch which was sat before the Holonet transceiver. Leia sat and gestured for Alatáriël to take a seat next to her. She was very...uneasy. "Whenever you're ready to tell me," she instructed, pausing. Leia intended to ask her, after Pallanén-Davad's report, if she would like to work off a more low-profile planet or assignment. Leia knew how she felt to be hunted by an unknown assailant...but the Thanagarian's own, individual consequences on her pysche would be ever different.

"I know it must have been frightning. You probably already know, but our security and intelligence agents are investigating the leads on what happened," she said, standing up once again. She had neglected to offer something to drink. "Please, just sit down...no need for this to be an official meeting," Organa Solo smirked.

She moved over to the refridgeration unit. "Can I get you something to drink?"

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Tue, July 25th 2006 05:01pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël watched Leia for a moment, a gentle smile forming on her face. "I'm fine." she said simply, not taking the Chief of State's offer. The thanagarian moved her wings slightly as she looked up. "The Hand attacked my parent's house." Her voice held a tinge of venom with the words, "But I suppose I should start from the beginning." Alatáriël rose to her feet, moving to the window. Her eyes observed the late night traffic covering the Denon skies.

"Milo Rambaldi lived almost 15,000 years ago. Much like the Light and Dark force users of the time, he predicted the future. A legend was fortold of a 'treasure'. The treasure was not an object of mass value, but an individual he would later refer to as 'Angel of Levia'. A naturally brunette woman with angelic wings that would spread across the galaxy doing his various prophecied works." Alatáriël turned to face the Chief of State, "I first learned that he had gathered a fair amount of supporters, but after his death they had split into two groups. The Hand, or Shadowstalkers, were formed to stop the benevolent works of Rambaldi and use the devices and treasure for their own purposes."

Alatáriël paused returned to the window, "While at Corellia, before the attack of the Killiks, last year Ryan and I had located one of Rambaldi's ancient dwellings. It was inside that we were attacked by the Hand. We managed to escape, but I failed to report the real reason we were searching the caves. An ancient 'sword' that would unlock three powerful gifts to the galaxy."

Alatáriël stopped her eyes searching the skies for a long pause, "It was three months later, that I had finally translated the ancient writings on the text. The three gifts were being brought forth from the heavens of the Angel of Levia; birth. Two months after I had translated the ancient writings, I learned that I was not only pregnant with one child but an additional two."

The thanagarian slowly turned to face Leia, "And that is why the Hand attacked my parents house. In order to stop Rambaldi's Prophecy and gift to the galaxy, they attempted to kill the children before it was too late." Arlyn breathed slowly, "I will not allow some rogue and religious organization to tear my family apart, so I managed to locate the mastermind behind the attack. Sark."

Arlyn knew Rebel Security knew of his capture and his transfer to Traxion. "Sark is being held at Geonosis's top level security. He'll manage to escape, but I have calculated this. In a matter of hours, he will have returned to the Hand's headquarters." She flashed a merciless grin, "And the end of this bloody prophecy will occur."

Arlyn turned back to the window, the reflection revealing a revengeful smile. "Madame, I thank your kindness thus far, but I believe that within a week, this Rambaldi fodder will be an old memory." She was tired of the legacy the true followers of Rambaldi believed she would follow and the angelic persona she had to display. She turned again, "I will fulfill part of the prophecy, Leia, and for once, I can live my life by the freedom of agency and not have to worry about 'destiny'. "

Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, July 25th 2006 11:55pm    Post subject:

Leia sat observantly and listened patiently as the Chief told her story. It was good to have someone so able to identify causes of events in the position of security director. However, there was one question she still did not answer.

"I know you will," Leia said confidently, moving towards the sofa again. She cupped her own drink of gnoloo tea in her right hand as she leaned against the piece of furniture as Pallanén finished. "But I don't expect you to recover from this so quickly."

Organa Solo circled around the armrest and allowed herself to rest down into the comfortable couch. "I'm going to tell you the same thing Borsk told me to do when I caught word of Han's capture," Leia brought the cup to her lips, but then paused to smile. "Although I won't be telling you it because I want to badmouth you in the senate."

She sipped, feeling the soothing warm liquid flow down her trachea, then set the glass on the small end table. "After major things like this, you need to take a break. It won't do anyone any good if you're jaded. It might make things worse," Leia explained as she turned to face Alatáriël. "I know you've been through hell and back, many times, and that you've been able to handle it. But you have children and a husband now. I want you to leave Denon for a vacation. Take your work with you, if you want, but you need some time to readjust yourself back to normal."

Before the workaholic woman could respond, Leia made sure to throw in the practical aspect of the getaway. "At the very least, it would make you less of a target. I'm sure that you would know the best Alliance worlds to make yourself as unseen as possible."

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Wed, July 26th 2006 11:01am    Post subject:

Alatáriël took the words of the Chief of State closely her eyes carefully examining the facial expressions, the hand gestures and any other sign of communication. This woman was true and her care for Alatáriël and her family felt comforting. The thanagarian turned her eyes returning to watching the busy skies of Denon she nodded and said, "I will go to Hypori. I have yet to stay with the Geonosians on that planet and from Hypori I will leave to a vacation world."

Her eyes turned, "I will take my work with me, Leia, I won't leave the alliance." Their eyes met for a second, "Thank you." Alatáriël walked away from the window and moved towards Leia, extending her hand so she could assist the woman's rise to her feet.

Alatáriël's heart twisted at the thought of her children being so far away, but in the next couple of days they would be reunited in a less stressful enviroment.

Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, July 27th 2006 02:17am    Post subject:

Leia took her hand and stood up from the sofa. "That sounds good. I hope you'll be able to get some of this off your mind. Please, keep me in the loop."

After the Security Chief had left, Leia changed into a gown and allotted a little time for the kids. They always wanted to show her how cool their newest game was, and they always wanted mom to play. Why they wanted her to play was obvious - she was horrible at it. However still, she had to smile and enjoy the moments with her children as often as she could.

The trouble with the Pallanén-Davad family, including the proximity to the time when Leia was at their estate, disturbed her about her own safety, and the safety of the children. The capture of Han was almost more disconcerning. Sometimes she felt like he was calling out to her; a speck of thought crying for attention in the back of her mind. Alas, now it was revealed he was in the hands of the Imperials. Every happy moment she had with Jonash and Jaina was overshadowed by her concern for her one and only husband. If he could get captured, perhaps this galaxy was doomed after all.

Following the kids' bedtime, Leia retreated into her own empty room. It was lavish, with a bed, its own holoreceiver and an assortment of other trinkets, but it wasn't really more than just a room with Han's absense. Everything reminded her of Han these days. That sentiment was only increased by the guilt she felt for not telling her children the truth; as far as those little innocent ones knew, their dad was still at Bespin.

But, she wondered, what was she to do? Tell them their father was captured by an evil dictatorship? They wouldn't even know what "dictatorship" meant, or what "capture" meant. Unfortunately, Leia cynically mused as she crawled into the cold bed, the words "war", "treason", "deceit" and "lies" were already in the little ones' vocabularies. In such a galactic state, how could she hope to raise them?

Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Thu, July 27th 2006 02:26am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, September 28th 2006 12:52pm    Post subject:

Leia stood before the window overlooking the sprawling city. Winter had taken the kids, emphatically feeling Leia’s woes, and was playing with the both of them in an adjacent room. Leia had so much to think about.

She had just returned to her home, due to the speed of the Tantive VII delivering her back to Alliance space when her own husband abandoned her on Corellia. Everything was going so wrong…

She wasn’t really surprised the war had begun – that was the purpose of the convention. Still, Leia found herself questioning if this really was the right path, but each time she reminded herself it was the only one.

Her silence was interrupted by the sound of a door sliding open. It was the main door, leading to the outside. Had she not known better, she might have thought it was Borsk, or perhaps Rieekan or Antilles, but no, it was Han.

“You can stop with the theatrics,” his voice grumbled from behind her. “I ain’t staying.”

Leia felt the air escape from her lungs in a low growl. His very tone could be identified accurately with the words “I’m not changing my mind.” The air pressure changed once again as Han went into the bedroom, producing the faint sounds of opening drawers and closets.

She determined to turn around away from the picture of idyllic metropolis to the reality of war and ignorance that was facing her from all sides. Han came from the bedroom, pausing to regard Winter in the adjoining room. It was barely within Leia’s power to keep her voice silent, especially when her mind had so many things to yell at him.

“Still nothing,” Han muttered.

Her mind won the battle of control. “What in the name of fra—“ Leia cut herself off. Han wasn’t worth that sort of anger, and the kids were around. “What do you expect me to say?”

“Oh, I don’t know, there’s a few things.”

“I don’t want to say that in front of the children,” she grumbled.

“Then let’s go someplace else,” responded her husband.

“How about you just leave again?” Leia asked. We were all happier that way, she completed the line in her mind. It wasn’t true, though. Even she realized it. However, she would rather be in misery alone than with a raving lunatic like him.

“Not a bad idea, was gonna do that anyway,” Han said, his jaw clenching as he stood before her. “but remember you were the one that pushed me out in the first place.”

“Excuse me?” Leia asked in astonishment, a brow raised on her face.

“Don’t act stupid. Yesterday,” Han reminded.

“Your own stupidity is what pushed you out,” Leia responded, voice edging loudness.
“My own stupidit—see?” Han paused. “That’s the thing with you, everything’s always ‘me, me, me’. What about you? You weren’t exactly innocent.”

“Oh, excuse me,” Leia enunciated. “I guess I forgot to insult the negotiators!”

“One!” He said, raising his finger in an all-too-old gesture that Han must have believed would intimidate her. “It was only one and she was asking for it from the start! Just because she has wings and prances around like the queen of the universe doesn’t mean she should get special treatment.”

Leia couldn’t think how to respond. She could seldom believe that her husband was capable of what she could say no better was “stupidity.” That was the word closest to what he was expressing. He was so blind and thick-headed. Arguing with him got nowhere, because he was too incognitive to understand the argument! Even if she was some kind of queen bitch of the universe, there was no reason Han had to insult Shayera relentlessly, especially in the context of negotiation. Leia sighed.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Thu, September 28th 2006 08:55pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, September 28th 2006 10:25pm    Post subject:

Han stood firmly in his position between the main door and his wife. He continued to tighten his grip on the shoulder strap of his duffel, causing his knuckles to turn white in anger. What had started as a simple errand back to the apartment to gather his things for the battle, had now ended in a full blown argument. If only it took Leia a little longer to return from Corellia...

Even now, her face was ablaze with fury as she continued to hurl insults at him and shoot him down at every turn. Reconciliation seemed out of the question by this point and the vibroblade cut deep. The cold, hard truth was that he was suffering. Not only from physical pain, but mentally. He tried to hide the fact in public and even to close friends that having Leia break up with him didn't matter to him in the least, but underneath, his emotions were a wreck. If they never resolved their differences, it would take a long time for Han to move on and forget Leia completely.

"If it isn't the big pot calling the kettle black," Leia mocked, snapping Han momentarily away from his inner turmoil. "You were the one giving her special treatment!"

A scoff issued from his mouth in mock amusement. "More like putting her in 'er place." Han paused and began to walk forward in Leia's direction, skewering her with a menacing look. "You ain't gonna tell me that you weren't getting sick of her snide comments."

Leia huffed and refused to make eye contact with him. "Far less than I was getting sick of yours," she retorted in a surprisingly even tone.

One corner of Han's mouth twisted upward in a small smirk as he shrugged his shoulders. Some things were just so tempting. "It comes with the territory," he lamented while lowering his voice.

Leia's eyes set ablaze once more, shifting their brown hue to a more golden color. "That's no excuse!" she shouted, no longer showing any concern about the kids overhearing. "You expect yourself to be so much better than her, then why don't you actually act on it?!"

"I did act on it!" he returned, thrusting his thumb toward his chest in emphasis. "I got 'er kicked out, didn't I?!" Han blew out a heavy sigh and turned away from her, running a hand through his hair. With every word muttered, he could feel that inner demon rising higher in his chest. Just how far would she have to push before he reached the breaking point? "Less poison she was gonna spread over to you," he added quietly, almost as an afterthought.

His attempt at patching the wounds only returned a loud, obnoxious laugh from his wife. The vibroblade just slid in a little deeper. "You are so deluded!"

For a moment, Han smiled fakely along with her. Of course he didn't find it funny, he was just searching for any kind of excuse to cover up the pain. "Yea, well, that ain't surprising coming from you anymore."

"Get the hell out of here!" Leia screamed in a tone Han had rarely heard before. It was one of malice and sincerity. It was also the single thing to set him over the edge. The demon finally escaped and all of Han's rage came spilling forth. He was once again that heartless cynic the galaxy had known him as all those years ago. After all, what did he have left after this?

"Of course, Your Highnessness!" he spat, using the very derogative he knew Leia hated. He began to move towards the door. "I'll just show my way outta your little palace here! Not like there's much here to keep a guy interested anyway."

It wasn't hard to miss the wave of anger that flashed over her face, but it quickly vanished as she turned back to the window. Han mused that maybe this whole thing was affecting her more than she would admit and in response, turned her back on him to hide it.

Han watched her in silence for a moment before turning his back on her as well. If this is how she wanted it, he wasn't gonna hold her up. But still, there was one last thing he needed to know before walking out that door. "Guess you didn't get that little 'gift' either, huh?"

Silence hung between them so thick, Han felt as if he could see it part if he waved his hand in the air in front of his face. That alone was enough to start up another chain reaction that would result in another blow out. But before he could react, Leia spoke up, evidently hearing his question after all. "Oh, I did, Admiral," she spat in a shaky tone before going back to her musings.

With one final glance, Han looked over his shoulder at the woman he thought had loved him. Maybe it was a stretch to believe they would work out, but it didn't change the fact that he still loved her regardless of whether she did or not. Hopefully one day soon she'll realize her mistakes and come back to him. But if not...

Licking his dry lips, Han shifted his gaze to the little alcolve that led into another bedroom. Inside, his children were playing and regardless of the argument that was ensuing out here, their laughing and cheerful voices could still be heard. Han wished he could say goodbye, but he didn't want to risk another confrontation with Leia. So, silently to himself, he bid his farewells to Jonash and Jaina before smacking the door release.

"Good luck, Han," he muttered sarcastically under his breath and stepped out of the room and possibly Leia's life forever.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Thu, September 28th 2006 10:26pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Thu, October 12th 2006 10:38pm    Post subject:

Nicole lead Luke to a rather large street and to a rather non descript house, "well, here we are."
Luke raised his eyebrows slightly, "you sure?"
Nicole smirked, "you're the Jedi farmboy..."
Luke shrugged and pressed the doorchime.
Private

Post Posted: Fri, October 20th 2006 11:16am    Post subject:

Nicole heard a buzz in her ear, "Madame Kaiserin, I have news."
Nicole rolled her eyes and stepped to the side, pressing her finger into her ear, "this had better be important."
The voice in her ear replied, "It is. Does the name Heckler ring any alarm bells?"
Nicole stopped dead in her tracks, her eyes opening slightly wider, "I'm listening."
The person on the other end of the comlink shifted audiably, "There's one on Ithor, no idea who they are, I only heard that a royal was in town."
Nicole thought for a moment, a slight 'hmm' noise coming from her pursed lips, "Get me Gretha."
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, November 13th 2006 11:05pm    Post subject:

Han's mind was reeling as he made the short trip back to the apartment he shared with Leia located just on the outskirts of the political district. It was considered an ideal location for the Chief of State but for Han, it was a nightmare especially after his failed meeting with Ackbar. The Mon Cal really had the bantha wool pulled tight over his head if he couldn't see the corruption eating away at the Alliance and the downward spiral it generated. But then again, that was to be expected, wasn't it? That's how all the great powers died. With all the raving lunatics running free throughout the command structure, it was a wonder they even made it this far. No wonder the Empire was drilling all of that political gibberish into his mind - it was true.

The chilling thought was pushed from his mind as he approached the non-descript door to their apartment. Another demon lay just beyond the durasteel structure standing before him - his wife. He still hadn't been given the chance to make ammends with Leia and now he had two more strikes going against him. The first was his mysterious manuever that occurred on the way out to Thyferra and the second was the sudden decision to relieve him from duty. How would she react to both cases and would he be able to handle it?

So much for having this be a loving reunion...

Still with a slight hesitation, Han removed the keycard from his pocket and swiped it against the release. The door slid open silently into a darkened room. The only light filtering in came from the corridor and the lights of the traffic speeding by outside the main viewport. Han pursed his lips and furrowed his brow as he stepped with uncertainly into the room.

"Leia?" he called into the dark space as he let his duffel slide off his shoulder and to the floor. There was no answer and for a brief moment, Han let his body relax. Leia wasn't home yet and that meant he'd have some time to collect himself and think about what he was gonna say to her. But that thought was short lived as another quickly overtook it. Jonash and Jaina. Where were they?

Without allowing himself time to turn on the light so he could see where he was going, Han dashed from the door and toward the bedroom where the kids slept. He stumbled over a chair and few discarded toys in the dark, but for the most part, got to his destination in one piece. On his approach, he noticed a faint light illuminating one corner of the room which had to be their nightlight and he began to breath a little easier until he saw the dark figure sitting beside their beds in a chair. Han froze in the doorway and began to reach for his blaster.

"That won't be necessary, Han," a distinctly female voice issued quietly from the corner. She began to rise and make her way over to the doorway. "I was just sitting with them until Leia came home."

"Winter," he exhaled deeply as he lowered his hand from the weapon. "Why're you still here? Where's Leia?"

The white-haired woman smiled sweetly up into his face before pushing past him. "I could ask the same question about you." She turned to look at him over her shoulder before waving him toward the darkened living area. "Come. Let's talk out here so we don't wake the children. It took me hours to get them to finally fall asleep."

"Must be their mother's stubbornness," Han quipped as he gazed toward their sleeping forms. When he was satisfied that they were safe, he turned to follow Winter.

"Funny," she responded as she sat down on the sofa. "I would've said they got it from their father."

Han's mouth twisted into a scowl as he came to stand before Leia's good friend with hands crossed over his chest. Sometimes the two seemed so similiar with their mannerisms and responses that it was scary. "Nice," Han drawled in a sarcastic tone. "She tell you to say that?"

"Actually, no," she said truthfully as her gaze drifted off to watch the constant flow of traffic outside the viewport. "It holds some significance. Especially between the both of you. And it hurts." She paused here, causing an awkward silence between them. Han studied her closely for a second before sighing. He knew exactly where she was taking this and he wasn't sure if he was ready to openly talk about it. "Han, you don't need to hide it from me. I know that you and Leia are having difficulties."

The muscles in Han's jaw clenched tightly as the woman sitting across from him finally admitted to her intentions. He thrust his hands into his pockets with annoyance and began to pace before her. "What a surprise that is. I should've placed a bet to see how long it took her to actually tell you. You two are like a flock of bickering banshee birds when you're together!"

Winter noticably winced at his outburst before recollecting herself. Her calm eyes shifted once more so that they came to rest on his form. "There's no need to be angry with her. She was only trying to get help." Her voice trailed off once more as she patted the spot on the sofa beside her. "Sit down, Han. Let me tell you how this whole situation is affecting her. Maybe you'll change your mind. I know deep down you want to be happy together. You both want that."

One part of Han wanted to grab Winter by her throat and strangle her for even attempting to try and fix things between them or for knowing in the first place. But another part wanted to hear what she had to say and mend things for good. And hearing from her that Leia did indeed want to be with him and fix things was enough for him. Licking his lips and allowing his arms to fall casually at his sides, Han sat down beside Winter on the sofa and listened to what she had to say.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, November 14th 2006 01:36am    Post subject:

Leia walked through the small garden outside of her residence, tired from the day's pressing work in the government center. Her husband's idiotic halt of the First Flag was exacting repercussions across the political environ on Denon, causing the small neck pain with which she had awoken to turn into a splitting migraine.

The diplomatic climate was becoming more volatile each minute. The keystone holding everything together was Leia. More than half of the senate wanted to bombard Coruscant while the remainder wanted to focus on the defense. Leia was stuck somewhere in the middle.

Her only hope of solace was knowing that her children were inside, being cared by her trusted confidant and friend Winter. Sometimes, even that was a dim hope. She could only wish that the kids weren't in a particularly destructive mood...

Leia opened the door and entered into the main room of the home. She stopped in her tracks to see Han sitting there with Winter. She knew he had been returning to Denon – she ordered it – but she couldn't believe he had the nerve to come back to her home.

She brushed her hair to the side with a hand and walked past them both, setting her belongings on a table.

Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Wed, November 15th 2006 07:58am    Post subject:

Yeah :P Luke and Nicole get there just after Leia's post... just FYI :P
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, November 17th 2006 02:07am    Post subject:

Winter's commentary on why Leia was in a particularly pissy mood with him was interrupted by the opening and closing of the main door. In a way, it was a welcomed solace since Han had about enough of Winter pointing out how much of a monster he was until he saw just who it was that stepped through the door. Leia's long, brown hair was tied back loosely in a pony tail and she wore an expression on her face which could've melted the most dense ice glacier on Hoth.

Han filtered out what Winter was saying and turned to watch his wife cross the living area and take a seat at a table overlooking one of the many skylanes of the city. Noticing her neglect to even acknowledge his presence and wrestling with his own inner demons on how to respond, Han turned back to the white-haired woman beside him with gaping mouth. He gestured uselessly in Leia's direction and attempted to say something, but his vocal chords weren't cooperating. Why was it so hard to approach her now that he knew the truth?

A comely smile crossed Winter's features as she rested a hand on Han's thigh in comfort. A slight nod of the chin was all Han needed as an indication that he was to go over and talk to her. Swallowing the lump that had formed at the back of his throat, Han rose from the sofa with a heavy sigh. Never before had he felt this awkward in front of someone. It was really out of character for his hard demeanor and cocky attitude, but the only person he was willing to do it in front of was Leia. Anyone else he would just shoot on sight.

Steadying his pace and with sweaty palms securely buried within his pockets, Han stopped before the table at which Leia sat. Han let his eyes roam over her form for a moment before adverting them to the traffic lanes beyond. "So, uh," he barely managed to croak out. "About earlier...with the meeting and stuff. I'm, uh....s--I'm sorry." He raised his brow and blew out another heavy sigh before taking the seat across from her at the table. Once again, his eyes studied her before he hesitantly rested his hands on top of her's. "Now let's talk this out."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Sat, November 18th 2006 09:49pm    Post subject:

Luke stood staring intently at the door, using some Jedi skills to enhance his hearing to listen in on the conversations within the building.
Nicole turned to him, "what are you doing?" she asked curiously.
Luke flinched as her voice was magnified as well, "ouch..." he muttered, "I'm just listening inside."
"Eavesdropping? That's not very Jedi," Nicole shrugged.
Luke frowned, "neither is lying, but we do it an awful lot."
Nicole shrugged and sat on a large stone in the garden.
Private

Post Posted: Sat, November 18th 2006 10:14pm    Post subject:

Nicole got a buzzing in her ear the minute she sat down on the boulder, she placed a finger on the device and it activated, "Wexler." She said.
Gretha's voice echoed in her ears, "Heckler's associates have been dealt with. Any new orders?"
The neutrality of her Intelligence Chief's voice almost shocked Nicole as she replied, "Return to Yavin Four, ensure the defence fleet is prepped for inspection when I get back. Whenever that is."
Gretha's voice replied, "affirmative Kaiserin. And what of the rumours that Gavin Young is on Denon?"
Nicole thought for a moment, "Denon isn't our concern, if we see him, we'll inform Alliance Security. Proceed to Yavin Four."
Gretha's voice echoed, "affirmative Kaiserin. Gretha clear." With that the signal was ended.

Nicole looked up and Luke, "Luke. Apparently Gavin Young is here."
Luke frowned, "apparently?"
Nicole nodded, "no idea where abouts, but he's here."
Luke nodded, "and we're going to do..."
Nicole stated, "nothing. We don't want to go stepping on your friend Arlyn's toes now do we?"
Luke smiled slightly, "nothing she can't handle..."
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, November 22nd 2006 01:46am    Post subject:

Leia slowly raised her eyebrow. She exchanged a glance with Winter, wondering just what Han was up to. She turned to him and dropped the remainder of her belongings onto the table. "Alright," she muttered, trying to sound more hopeful than she was. "Go on."

Back to top »
Julian Khel

Post Posted: Fri, December 01st 2006 11:38pm    Post subject:

For those who remember me, I have returned. For those who don't...well, I have returned.

Outside the Solo Residence

The sun had just slid down behind the tall durasteel structures of the city, casting long shadows down the wide avenues nestled within the valleys of the buildings. The air was cool and crisp and tugged at my hair as I walked briskly down the main avenue accompanied by my staff officers and two security guards. I could care less about the company - I was a battle hardened general after all - but one could never be too careful on a planet christened the second Coruscant.

A public speeder was my usual method of transportation back to the apartment after a long shift at the office, but today had sprouted nice weather and I decided to walk. I soon realized that decision proved to be a productive one as I rounded the corner of the avenue and entered the residential district.

A very plain building nestled back away from the traffic of the walkway caught my attention as I approached. Anyone not familiar with the area would've walked past and paid it no mind, but I knew better. This building was the home of Han and Leia Solo, both heroes of the Alliance. But that thought alone was not what caught my attention and brought my progess to a halt. Two figures clothed suspiciously were hanging around outside the front of the property and pressing their bodies against the closed door - obviously eavesdropping on the Alliance legends within.

My right hand went down to my blaster pistol while my other signaled the officers and guards at my back to follow. With a defined step and head held high, I approached the funny couple attempting to catch a peek at the Solos.

The guards held their blasters at the ready as I slapped my hand down on the shoulder of the female. I cleared my throat to grab her attention. "Excuse me, but what the hell do you think you're doing?" I inquired rather bluntly with sterness in my voice. "This is a private property and violaters will be dealt with. Now, tell me you two weren't just holding your ears up to that door like excited children on Life Day spying on the Great Wookiee. Because if you were, I'm going to have to take you in and I'm sure you don't want that."

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, December 05th 2006 06:53pm    Post subject:

The look in Leia's eyes remained the same as Han exhaled deeply and fidgeted in his seat. He knew this wasn't gonna be easy to apologize to her, but Han figured after he said the first words, she would just sprout out what was on her mind. That wasn't the case. Instead, she had asked him to continue on. Now, that seemed perfectly fine except Han didn't have a kriffin' clue what to continue on about. He had already said he was sorry. What more did she want?

Without his mind consciously being aware of it, Han began to lightly massage her hands within his as he attempted to speak. All that came out, however, were mumbles. "I, uh--the meeting," he stammered, trying to organize his thoughts and explain things to her at the same time. "I--I shouldn't have done that...I guess. But you gotta understand they were purposely dangling the meat in front of the starving Wookiee." He pulled his hands away from her abruptly and upturned them with a shrug. "And well, I took it. But only because I didn't want them trash talkin' you...and the Alliance."

Becoming uncomfortable where this whole conversation was going, Han rose from the table and made his way to the window overlooking the city. He placed one hand on the frame and leaned his body against it as he gazed out at the passing traffic below and above. "Maybe not so much the Alliance anymore," he continued in a softer tone. "But I guess I can understand the situation it put you--us in. That's why I wanted to step down but you kinda pulled the plug before I did." He shook his head and smirked at the image of Leia tossing him out of the house and demoting him all in the same breath. It seemed funny now looking back on it, but hopefully it wouldn't have to come to that again anytime soon.

Han pushed away from the window and reached into his pocket as he returned to the table where his wife was seated. His hazel eyes twinkled as he pulled her wedding band from his pocket and set it on the table before her. "Found that out in the hall. Must've rolled out there when you threw it at me." Without another moment's hesitation, Han sat back down in the chair and retook her hands within his. "So, how 'bout it, sweetheart?" he said with a roguish grin. "Do you accept the apology of this crazy scoundrel or are ya gonna kick him out again?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Wed, December 06th 2006 07:30am    Post subject:

Luke raised his eyebrows as his wife responded to the man, "I really think you should remove the hand..."
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, December 07th 2006 01:07am    Post subject:

Note: To Gavin and Khel, please wait until the Leia/Han thing finishes. Leia will be discovering and talking to Luke shortly. Keep your blasters holstered for the moment. ;)

Leia studied him, frequently feeling her emotions escalate to differing polarity throughout his disturbed speech. She had a hard time equating his stuttered responses with the truth, but she certainly tried. During his speech, she glanced at Winter more than once, wondering if the formal Rebel Special Ops agent had been coaching Han to say what Leia wanted to hear.

She continually wondered if he really meant his apology, and if he really understood just why she was angry with him. However, as Han explained the causes for his actions during the diplomatic meeting, she found herself starting to believe his defensive plea. She watched the expressions crossing his face as he explained his piece, and then he produced the ring.

Leia instantly felt guilt at taking it from her finger. She followed it with her eyes as he moved to sit down in the chair. As he took her hand, she looked back at him and, for the first time, spoke. “First of all,” she began, keeping her husband in what was undeniably suspense. “Get it through your thick skull that you're not a crazy scoundrel anymore...you're my crazy husband, you idiot,” she finished with a smirk as she pushed her finger into the ring.

“But,” Leia continued, placing a finger before his lips so he couldn't speak. “Before you get too happy, I still need to know why you took the fleet out.”

Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Thu, December 07th 2006 01:08am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, December 07th 2006 07:08pm    Post subject:

"I can be your crazy husband, scoundrel and an idiot all at the same time," Han remarked with a smug smirk tugging at his lips. At least he was over that hurtle and she was willing to accept his apology. But then again, it wasn't all his doing.

Winter was just visible out of the corner of his vision and with a quick wink, he thanked her silently for helping him out. And now it was time to thank someone else. As Han turned back to face his wife and opened his mouth to speak, he was met with the sudden action of Leia's finger against his lips. He looked down at her with furrowed brow.

“Before you get too happy, I still need to know why you took the fleet out.”

With those words, Leia's finger slowly slid away and Han was left sitting there with his mouth slightly ajar. She had brought up the very thing he was trying too hard to ignore. Why did it have to come to this? Explaining things to Ackbar had been hard enough, he couldn't even imagine what Leia's reaction would be. He knew his shocked expression wasn't helping matters any, so he swiftly shut it and sighed. There was no way she was gonna believe this.

"I don't know," he said truthfully as he turned his gaze away from her. "All I remember is the crew saying we were out of lightspeed and I was just standing there on the bridge like a lost Ewok. I don't know how else to explain it."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, December 07th 2006 10:38pm    Post subject:

No scoundrel, Leia silently added as she waited for Han's response. It was pertinent that she know his reasoning, because he was still at question due to his sudden abandoning of the Thyferran War. His explanation was less than satisfactory.

“That's not going to hold up,” she pointed out. She knew Borsk and others would never believe it, and even Leia had a hard time of it. “You must remember something...the crew said you gave the order to come out of hyperspace.”

Leia secured the ring on her finger and then looked towards the roof. There was a thump and the sound of little footsteps running across the second floor. She looked back at Winter. “Could you take the beds to kid, Winter?”

“Of course, Leia,” she warmly complied, although it was obvious to Leia's trained eye that she was unhappy to leave the two alone. She was a spy through and through. “They were already supposed to be,” she muttered as she climbed the steps.

Leia turned back to look at Han. “You're going to have to appear before court martial.”

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Solo Residence
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: