}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
To the Galaxy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » To the Galaxy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 02:12pm    Post subject:

Furthermore, I did what was best for my people... which is something the Empire never does. My people come first... not the leader come first.

credits: 34,976,000,000 credits

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 02:30pm    Post subject:

Mr. Onasi sir, do not allow yourself to be baited by this man. You becoming angry is what he wants. And until we hear from the Chief of State about this, I suggest all Alliance personnel leave this discussion, as it has turned into nothing more than a shouting match.

Last edited by Carlist Rieekan on Mon, July 03rd 2006 02:31pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 02:32pm    Post subject:

Funny, I seem to recall the Thanagarian Magistrate saying how much the Empire improved the lives of her people. We even wound up with lower taxes on that world than she had, and yet now it's improving by leaps and bounds each day.

So why don't you go play with your little planets and toy ships, Mr. Onasi? You couldn't cut it as an Imperial officer; that's fine. Not many people can. Our standards have skyrocketed since Palpatine's era. But it's no reason to engage in your ludicrous smear campaigns. Leave the politics to the people that can handle it.

As for you General Rieekan, wise words. I wish you luck on the field.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Mon, July 03rd 2006 02:33pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 03:20pm    Post subject:

Hmm, yes, I am a washout and couldn't cut it... ohh wait thats right i resigned my commision legally, I could have stayed being a moff but I saw and still see the Empire for what it is. I see the corruption, I see through the lies and the propaganda.

And Let us talk about this 'high' standard. Well in order to be respected in the Imperial armed forces it seems you need to slag the entire surface of a world, such as Daara Zend. Supposivly you and your new Empire do not support those acts yet she is a Rear Admiral in your armed forces? The other qualification you must be is a senile old man, such as the Grand Moff Yittreas. I thought you said all of those Palpatine era men were removed but my Intelligence sources say otherwise Jendob. So I guess since I didn't slag a surface of a planet, and since I am not senile, I can not cut it... and that works fine for me.

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 03:58pm    Post subject:

Zend is not a Rear Admiral, to my knowledge. And she was, or at least the attempt was made, to punish her for her genocide. As for Yittreas, he was demoted for what he tried to do. I suggest Rebel Intelligence try getting their information from sources other than tabloids or your imaginations.
BTW... two weeks is up. *sound of a slide being pulled back* ;)

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Mon, July 03rd 2006 04:00pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 04:29pm    Post subject:

It's up tomorrow. It includes today. :p
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 04:46pm    Post subject:

Thank God. I'll have my heavies in time. :D

Expand

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 04:53pm    Post subject:

Although we are at war, I would like to state clearly to the members of the Alliance that relentless, unfounded mudslinging will not be tolerated. I believe the Empire has made an unwise choice by re-instating Zend, but that is why we are no longer allies, isn't it?

Back to top »
Nora Stark
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 08:38pm    Post subject:

Quote:
BTW... two weeks is up. *sound of a slide being pulled back* ;)

What's up tommorrow/today? Can we submit designs tommorrow?

*hopeful*

Credits: 2,024,526,850
---------------------------
Just Another Broadcast with George Q'Bert - The most watched fake news program in the galaxy!
 Back to top »
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 08:39pm    Post subject:

Unwise? Unwise? It's a disgusting, amoral, and pathetic choice, but it is in no way unwise. Very few people could find themselves able order their officers to obliterate the surface of an entire world, and kill countless civilians, and even fewer could draw such loyalty and heartlessness from their men to carry out such a task. And the Empire thrives on heartlessness, as long as it is as efficient as possible.

I consider Corulag simply this generation's Alderaan. The Rebellion fought both while the Empire supported both, though one openly and the other secretly. Of course, by reinstating such a murderer I can only expect that they supported her.

Should I ever be forced to meet you on the field of battle, Zend, I will surely show you almost as much mercy as you showed the citizens of Corulag.

Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 08:39pm    Post subject:

War....

-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 08:45pm    Post subject:

Just in time for my return! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 11:13pm    Post subject:

For the last bloody time, Zend does not have the support of the Empire. Nor were her actions legal in any fashion. Her orders were to take Corulag and decapitate the DRWP, as well as capture Heckler... not reduce it to a cinder.

Expand

Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 11:15pm    Post subject:

And we only have your work for that... and with the past of the Empire, I am inclined to believe you are lying....

-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
Nora Stark
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 11:26pm    Post subject:

And yet, someone or something was responsable for causing her ship to crash into Corulag in an attempt to kill her.

Just Another Broadcast with George Q'Bert - The most watched fake news program in the galaxy!
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 11:31pm    Post subject:

And I believe we have your refusal to follow the orders of your superior officer as evidence to your credibility, or lack thereof, Mr. Onasi. No wonder the Alliance is in poor shape. No one can follow orders. You'll have no chance if the shots start flying.

Madame Chief of State, I still hold open an offer of surrender. You will be permitted to retain your sovereignty, merely dismantle your military and become a protectorate. Given your current officers, it's a very generous alternative compared to war.

And Ms. Stark, what caused the crash was an explosive device on their sublight drives and hyperdrives. I have no shame in admitting I ordered it placed, as well as detonated. I didn't trust Zend to begin with, and all throughout the battle, we attempted to remote-detonate. But the DRWP's jamming blocked our signal.

They could've prevented their own demise. Another cruel irony. Much like Zend's very survival.

Expand

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Mon, July 03rd 2006 11:33pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, July 04th 2006 12:07am    Post subject:

I'm afraid you know that is a futile gesture. I have full confidence in my officers, Moff. I have, am and always will decline to surrender.

Back to top »
Dord'ros'twoo

Post Posted: Tue, July 04th 2006 12:30am    Post subject:

Good show, Ma'am. We'll never kneel to you, Jendob. We'll fight to the last man and woman if we have to.

Back to top »
James Vita
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, July 04th 2006 08:13am    Post subject:

I am inclined to believe Mr Jendob. Ms Zend has not hidden behind orders as the reason for what she did. She has done quite the opposite. She has boasted about her title as the butcher of Corulag. Also, she and the Supreme Moff clearly hate each other.

It appears to me that the events at Corulag and in fact this latest war could all be averted by talking to one another. If not another alliance, than perhaps just a cessation of hostilities. I ask you, Supreme Moff Jendob and Madame Chief of State Organa Solo, would a cease fire be such a bad thing?

James Vita
Governor of Bandomeer

James Vita
Governor of Bandomeer
 Back to top »
Nora Stark
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Tue, July 04th 2006 10:56am    Post subject:

Agreed. There must be some way your two sides can resolve this issue without fighting each other or one side becoming relyant on the other.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, July 04th 2006 07:03pm    Post subject:

It's been suggested countless times over the past year, I'm afraid.

Expand

Back to top »
James Vita
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, July 05th 2006 01:39am    Post subject:

Then why has nobody taken any notice? Do both sides want to kill each other?

James Vita
Governor of Bandomeer
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Wed, July 05th 2006 02:04am    Post subject:

James Vita wrote:
Then why has nobody taken any notice? Do both sides want to kill each other?

History again repeats itself here.

It's like a waltz in a way, three beats, war, peace and revolution. They have carried on for thousands of years yet they have never subsided...and judging by the tempers of those in this generation, it will repeat again, shedding more blood all for the sake of faction names and ideals.

We sentients never seem to learn from our mistakes, only instead we find bigger and better ways to slay each other in the name of ideals, freedom and so on. War has always seemed to be the dominant choice for solving problems in this galaxy and no one does anything about it nowadays.

I will say to you an important message someone who was very close to me once said.

"It is said that in every age, there is one single event that forever changes the world around us. A nexus if you will."

"It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain, matures into the promise of a better world. Because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past. "

That was spoken to me by my former lover, who was cut down a few years ago by a Rebel trooper on one of the fringe worlds.
I stood there, while she died in my arms on that day. Her cry for me will be forever embedded in my eternal soul.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Wed, July 05th 2006 02:05am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 02:29am    Post subject:

Mr. Skirata, I sympathize for your loss. I too have endured several losses...Alderaan...my parents, adopted and biological...and most recently, my husband has been seperated from me.

The reason there is war is because in this galaxy, it is a sad necessity. The Empire has - contrary to its own claims - not changed since they obliterated Alderaan so long ago. They did something almost identical a few years ago with the destruction of Corulag. They just put it under the guise of a military invasion. So many have died due to the Empire and, yes, due to our own rebellion. We rebel so that there may be peace in the future. That peace cannot exist while the Empire also does so.

I hope you have found your peace, Vice Admiral. If not, I truely hope you do some day.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 03:13am    Post subject:

To believe war is a necessity, Leia Organa-Solo of the Rebel Alliance, means you have given up all hope on the abilities of sentients to negotiate peacefully. It means that you have debased everyone outside of your organization into mindless savages who can only be brought to heel by the act, and threat, of force.

During the last civil war, the fight was about freedom. The freedom to choose your home planet, the freedom to live life as a free being, the freedom to speak your own mind, form your own thoughts, and act without fear of being punished because you chose to do something different. Your organization fought for the ideals of the galaxy and for the hope of a return to the golden days of the Republic... and I must admit that you did a wonderful job of it.

But now... what is this war about? What reason did you tear open old wounds? Where is the logic in opening a fight long since closed and, at least to my mind buried and all but forgotten in the eyes of the galaxy?

It is not because the Empire brutally enforced its will on countless systems, forcing them to either accept its tyrrany or be liquified. It is not because of ridiculous taxes or oppression or the seizure of what makes sentience so great: the knowledge of your freedom. I know this because, if it was, you would have demonstrated evidence to rally systems to your cause from the Deep Core to the Outer Rim.

No... this war is for one reason, and for one reason only. You got sick of playing second fiddle to the dominant power in the galaxy. You looked around and saw the Empire was doing right by the systems it once wronged, and saw the forgiveness bestowed upon us by those systems and the desire to turn over a new leaf, so to speak.

There are those that believe that two powers cannot coexist on the same area - that one will always vie for dominance over the other. So rather than propose a merger of sorts, rather than seek a way to keep the peace, you seized upon the most base of all crimes of government, corruption, and saw that as a reason to break this entire galaxy into war. What are you rebelling against now?

You take Admiral Zend's actions over Corulag to be Imperial policy. Why, then, did we not level Contruum when we had the opportunity one year ago? The Empire had the opportunity to erradicate the DRWP from the face of the galaxy, and instead pulled back, leaving every holding intact. What about every other planet that, when given the opportunity to join us decided to remain neutral? Did we pour turbolaser from the heavens because they did not join us? No. We accepted their rights as thinking beings and withdrew.

You are deliberately inciting the galaxy to a bitter hatred that should have long since been washed away. You are conciously, and coldly, dredging up old memories of tragedy to rally systems against us. This is not a war over policy, this is not a war of freedom or civil rights... this is about your greed. Your own inexhaustible addiction to power.

If war breaks out over this galaxy, the blood of the countless civillians, the troops, pilots, mechanics, officers, young men and women of different planets, species, races, creeds, colors... all will be on your hands in your desperate bid for more power. Yes, the Empire will stand against you, because we have all seen what happens when you let power consume you.

You take the galaxy into the depths of despair.

I offer you one last plea, Lady Organa-Solo... do not make the mistake Palpatine did and make war because you wanted power. Let the situation go and let us resume our joint peace of a year ago. Do not force the blood of our young men and women to flow because the name on everyones lips is "Empire" and not "Republic." The people do not care, they are protected and happy - many of them for the first time in their lives. Do not strip it from them...

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » To the Galaxy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: