}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Nordostwald (Surface)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Ord Mantell » Nordostwald (Surface)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valia Eross

Post Posted: Fri, June 30th 2006 04:10am    Post subject: Nordostwald (Surface)

The smell of the pine aroma trapped under a fresh snowfall always had given me a reminder of sorts as to why I still did this. It wasn't so much because the tracks of potential game could be easily seen in the snow; it was just the experience. The stark white speeder left melted snow below it, but the rickety blowers on the front pushed small snowy particles around me so that the area the speeder had melted would quickly be re-covered by another layer. The Resistance hadn't survived for fifty years unfettered because we were careless about covering up our tracks.

I liked when the wind changed direction and blew the stream of snow directly in front of my path. It clung to my hair, and I loved that feeling. I loved the cold. It provided shelter - most people wouldn't think of it that way. It concealed the ground, most importantly. When it would eventually melt away in the summer, it revealed lakes, rivers, grass, but they were all ravaged by the continual mining and poisoning of the planet. I would rather see the unbroken ice than the choked ground beneath it.

Still, traders I met always described how azure blue the planet looked from space. I might not ever be able to see the dirty gem from space, but I was going to damn well try. If it looked promising from space now, I could only imagine how it would look with the Imperial scum wiped off the planet forever; a time where we could actually turn this place back into what it was before the aristocratic snakes forced my ancestors to strip it for their own little weapons and their conquering of more worlds just like this. In my mind, there was no other world like here...more specifically, there was no other world like this place could become.

And that was what brought me to this cliff. I kicked the speeder back into hibernation mode as it hovered shakily a few centimeters off the ground. Whether or not I, or anyone else in the Resistance, cared about what was going on outside our atmosphere, it seemed as if we were going to get involved with it. I barely even knew what was happening aside from what our members could gather occasionally.

Fortunately, one of them had been lucky enough to get in contact with the Rebel Alliance Against the Empire. It was, ah, a common goal, so I took the liberty of allowing them to come to my planet. If they didn't show up soon, I was going to give them one more day. After that, their emissaries were going to be on their own. I wasn't a major fan of the Alliance, but with spaceships and ground forces, it was certainly possible the Empire could be driven away. The Empire had driven so much of what was important to me away that offering a piece of insignificant information to their enemies was nothing compared to what the Alliance could offer us.

I sat on the ground with my back to the forest and waited. They would get one hour.

Last edited by Valia Eross on Fri, June 30th 2006 04:12am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, July 01st 2006 12:33pm    Post subject:

They tredged through the snow in the thick grove. Nevin and Salla had met with a member of the Resistance - a guide - awhile back, but Nevin had decided to proceed without him. Salla had objected, doubting him, but Nevin found that the geography of this area came back to him instantly.

Salla was unusually quiet. He guessed the frigid cold and the events since their arrival left her to her own thoughts, but he hoped that she would say something. It was pretty clear she just wanted to leave the planet.

The greenery of the forest began to thin and fade away as they came to the edge of the mountain. A lone figure was sitting sideways on a speeder bike, faced away from them. Long black hair flowed from its head, so Nevin assumed it was female. Antilles let his hand slide to the holster. He didn't expect he would need to use it, but it was better to take no chances. If startled, she might fire on them without realizing they were her contacts.

Salla stayed cautiously behind as Nevin continued walking. The snow in this area was not as thick. The sun had succeded to melt a good portion of it. The woman turned her head as she heard the snow compacted beneath Nevin's boots. Her hand retrieved her own blaster from its holster. Nevin let loose his blaster from its holster and brought it up to bear. As the woman turned around and aimed he blaster, Nevin stood awestruck. He knew this person. He wondered for a minute if she was going to fire. "Val," he said quietly.
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, July 01st 2006 05:09pm    Post subject:

The cold, frigid air sweeping off the slopes of the mountains in the distance permeated Salla's cold weather parka and sent a shiver running up her spine. The snow had let up some since they started out from the small port, but it was still unbearably cold. It was yet another reason Salla wanted to strangle the man which was leading their path into the Mantellian wilderness. They'll probably end up getting lost.

The treeline began to thin as a small clearing finally shone through the crystilline light of the overcast sky. Salla squinted into the immediate distance and could just make out a silhoutted figure against the mountain range. A grimace came to Salla's lips as her breath escaped in a puff of white condensation. "This better be our contact," she mumbled under her breath as Nevin reached for his blaster.

The figure turned as they approached and for a moment, Salla feared a fire fight would break out which would alert the local authortities. But then something happened to Nevin that Salla least expected. A wave of surprise and recognition crossed his face as he lowered the firearm. Val? he voiced into the frozen air.

Salla didn't know why, but a sudden feeling of jealousy raged within her being, melting the cold that had been plaguing her since setting out. Who was this Val and why did Nevin know her?

Setting her jaw into a tight line, Salla stepped out of the shadows of the last remaining trees to stand beside Nevin. She also wanted to make her presence know to this...Val. Salla eyed the woman before turning back to her recent lover. "Who's Val?" she inquired in a rather harsh tone.

Back to top »
Valia Eross

Post Posted: Tue, July 04th 2006 01:20am    Post subject:

I noticed his gesture of faith as the blaster opposite of mine was lowered. I knew him too well, though. He was no fool, especially when it came to this. I kept my blaster raised. He was a traitor.

The blonde fool next to him sputtered some stupid words in that diseased Basic language. "His one and only," I growled an answer in my, admittedly, unrefined speech.

I took a step towards the man and stopped close to his face. He had matured since I saw him last. If it were another time, I might have considered taking him back. Frigg, maybe I would consider taking him back now. I ran a finger over his jaw, greeted by the two-day growth of hair on it. "Nicht wahr, Lieb?"

Last edited by Valia Eross on Tue, July 04th 2006 01:28am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue, July 04th 2006 02:18am    Post subject:

"<Isn't that so, love?>" she asked in a gentle, yet edged, tone. Val's cold fingers sent a chill through his body - even considering the weather - as she touched his face. Nevin hadn't expected to find her here, but maybe it would give him the chance he wanted to explain himself. It had been so long.

Nevin reached upwards and gently took her wrist, seperating her hand from his jaw. "<Not anymore,>" he said, letting go of her arm as he backed away, holstering his blaster.
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, July 04th 2006 02:53am    Post subject:

A surge of anger built up inside of Salla as first, Nevin managed to ignore her question completely and next, that whore of a woman touched him. And on top of that, she took the liberty to answer the question herself and Salla didn't like the words she uttered.

Nevin and Salla had only been lovers for a single night and already some other woman was whisking into their lives to take him away from her. Or as she understood it, an old flame coming back from the depths of Mantell to steal him from her. Salla knew this second contact would spell trouble.

Her emerald eyes glistened in the freshly fallen snow with a fire all their own as she dared to step between Nevin and the dark-haired woman. She gave Nevin a hard glare before turning her attention to the woman. "Years passed, honey," she shot back in the same icy tone this whore had used on her. "He got over any contrived fantasies he ever had concerning you. Right?"

That firery gaze fell upon the man she came to love once again. He better provide her with the right answer or their time together the night before will hold no meaning for her. It was his choice. He better make the right decision.

Last edited by Salla Vivek on Tue, July 04th 2006 03:12am; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue, July 04th 2006 03:27am    Post subject:

It had been such a long march of time since he had seen Valia. She used to hold the central control in his life. The hope of her freedom from the Corellian-Imperial stranglehold had driven him those first few months in the Empire, and her memory had comforted him on many lonely nights...

"A long time ago," Nevin confirmed to Salla, bringing his eyes to focus on Eross. "Sorry."
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, July 04th 2006 10:40pm    Post subject:

Salla narrowed her eyes and studied the man's face for a long moment, gauging his reaction and testing to see if he was indeed telling the truth. When she was certain she saw nothing but sincerty, a triumphant smile began to slowly spread over her features. "Then it's settled then," she stated to no one in particular.

Her eyes shifted toward the dark-haired woman again, amusement glittering beneath their depths. "Let's just hear what you have to say and get it over with. You're just wasting your time trying to get him back."

Back to top »
Valia Eross

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 02:54am    Post subject:

I looked over at this little animal. It had crossed my mind that I ought to shoot her and mount her head on my non-existent house. "I am not here to 'get him back', child," I sneered, gesturing her away with my blaster before turning back to Nevin.

"<If that rodent is telling the truth, I guess we'll have to change that. But that's not why you're here,>" I assumed. "<Unless your longing for me spans planets...but I doubt that,>" finished I. A part of me did wish that absurd fantasy was true.
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 06:20pm    Post subject:

The anger was still brewing inside of her as Salla took an unsteady step backward into the wet snow. The glint of the other woman's blaster was ever present in her eye as she reached down for her own weapon. Two could play at this game.

Salla kept the blaster concealed under her coat as the two once again conversed in their own language. Just the thought of it made Salla want to blow the other's head off. She was being arrogant and cocky on purpose. But of course, if she really wanted Nevin back, that was to be expected.

As the two continued to babble on in whatever it was they were speaking, Salla stepped forward toward them once again, finally revealing the blaster and spinning the weapon casually around her fingertip. "So, uh," she interrupted into their conversation. "Do you mind speaking Basic so we can all kinda know what's going on?" She angled a hard glare particularly at the woman before continuing. "I am part of this mission too, you know."

Last edited by Salla Vivek on Fri, July 07th 2006 06:21pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Valia Eross

Post Posted: Mon, July 10th 2006 11:35pm    Post subject:

"Regrettable," I seethed at the stunted little princess. Placing my blaster back into its holster. "I thought it was just you coming, Nev. We can not go back to camp with that," I paused, gesturing at the blonde. "with us."

"She won't say anything," My former lover replied. How blindly trusting had he become? We used to be the only people the other trusted. This is what he had left me for? The prospect sent my head spinning. He left the planet to join the Empire, and was now a Rebel soldier, with a ditzy, scheming runt that wasn't even his own kind? I wished I could redeem him.

"I do not even fully trust you, love," I informed, being a walk towards my bike. "Why should I trust your... consort?"
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, July 15th 2006 11:41pm    Post subject:

Well, at least Nevin had enough balls to defend her position this time instead of taking it all in like a dumb bantha. Sometimes Salla wondered why she wasted her time with guys like him at all. It seemed like all they lived for was to chase half-decent women as soon as they crossed their path and frak them in bed. Nevin had accomplished that goal with Salla the night before and she was fairly certain his mind was focused on possibly doing the same to the whore standing next to them.

But it wasn't all Nevin. The woman's elitist attitude had Salla on end since the very beginning. If this weren't a high priority Alliance mission, Salla would forget about formalities and give this little wench everything she deserved. And of course, Nevin wasn't one of them.

A sneer crossed Salla's pretty features as she began to trudge through the ankle-deep snow to stand beside the parked speeder bike. "So," Salla huffed into the frigid air. "Your true colors shine through. You don't trust us."

Salla nudged a pack hanging low off of the back of the bike with the toe of her boot before continuing. "Or rather, me. You're not taking any of this seriously, are you? You just think this is some game to get Nevin back in your bed. Well, let me remind you that this mission is very serious. We need whatever information you can offer us. Quit with the game of girl chase boy and get down to business. We're against the Empire as much as you are. I think that's enough to gain your trust."

Last edited by Salla Vivek on Sat, July 15th 2006 11:47pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Wed, July 19th 2006 02:54pm    Post subject:

Nevin sighed as he mentally withdrew from the argument. This was why Nevin did not want to speak in someting Salla could understand while talking to Valia.

"Get you away from my bike," Val growled as she grabbed Salla's arm and threw it in the direction away from her. "If I wanted him in my bed he would already be there, pretty one," she paused to look at Nevin.

He couldn't exactly analyze what that stare encompassed. He couldn't understand what it was Val wanted. It was quite possible she wanted to kill him, but she had always wanted to protect him. But, yes, she had also alwaysed wanted to 'get him back in her bed.' "Fine. She will come with us," Eross spoke continually as she brought her gaze around on Salla. "But I cannot guarentee if she will get there without a gaping blaster hole in her neck."

"If you do that I can 'guarentee' that you'll have one in yours before you pull the trigger," Nevin retorted in a show of aggressive willingness. It made Val smile. Salla probably thought he was threatening her - and he was - but she didn't understand Valia fed off that sort of thing.

"So I see your hands can still pull a trigger. I had thought they might have lost their agility touching this demon," Val muttered as she swung her leg over the seat of the bike. "Get on."
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, July 20th 2006 04:37pm    Post subject:

After a moment of brief hesitation, Salla finally complied to the despotic woman's demands and hopped onto the very back of the bike. She made sure to distance herself from her as much as possible. Of course, that would mean Nevin would be sandwiched in-between the two women, but at least Salla was at his rear to keep his hormones in check.

When everyone was situated, the bike blasted off into the unknown wilderness, kicking up a dust cloud of snow in its wake. Salla remained quiet for most of the trip and took in the crisp, cold air as it thrust past her face and whipped wildly at her hair. When Salla first met Nevin, she couldn't understand how anyone would be able to grow up here. She always pictured Mantell as a dump and not worthy of producing someone like Nevin. It was always the focus of criminal tales and horror stories of the convicted. The town where they had spent the first two nights fit that description like a glove. But the wilderness...the wilderness was beautiful.

Her grip tightened about Nevin's torso just a bit more as she leaned in to speak into his ear. "So," she spoke against the howl of the rushing wind. "About your friend, is she schizo or something? I could've swore she was talking to herself back there before coming to a decision. I assume that's normal?"

Salla's question remained unanswered for the moment as the bike came to an abrupt halt. Craning her neck so she could see beyond Nevin's head, Salla could just make out the hint of buildings and fires burning in the distance. Obviously, they had arrived at some sort of camp and their destination. Pursing her lips together in a mask of disgust, Salla slid off the back of the bike and waited for the others to follow.

Back to top »
Valia Eross

Post Posted: Fri, July 21st 2006 03:25am    Post subject:

I jumped off of the bike, taking Nevin's hand and pulling him off with me. I saw the incomprehensibly stupid one glower at me, so I swiftly instructed her, "Inbred, pull the speeder behind us. On leave the repulsorlifts, it will cover the tracks."

"<If the speeder runs over her maybe everyone in this galaxy will get a bit smarter,>" I quipped to my former lover. He didn't smile. Instead, he continued walking through the snow towards the camp. I watched his quiet determination. I remembered that was one of the reasons why I was attracted to him, but I couldn't let fade my memory of him walking out on all of his friends - his family bonded together by spilled blood - to escape his own fate. I wished that I could persuade him to stay, but obviously much had happened. I wasn't really interested in learning what had transpired in his life. The only thing I was interested in was getting him to stay here.

When he had left, he had done so with the promise that he would return. Apparently, he kept that promise - but he didn't return to fight. No, instead he returned to get our aid for some rebellion. What right did he had to ask of something of us?

"What information do you got, Val?" He inquired, almost as if he could sense my internal tensions. It didn't really surprise me. He was always remarkably perceptive, if not insensitive at times to my needs.

"<Nothing I'm willing to share until we get to the camp,>" I said, insisting to speak in something the broad behind us was unable to understand. Simple Basic must also have had that effect on her, but I didn't want to take any chances.

"Problems with information spills?" Nevin once again asked. If the speeder wasn't melting the footprints, perhaps the other woman's anger over my persistence in communication would have done the job.

"<You could say that,>" I answered as I stopped in front of the camp grounds. Home.

Last edited by Valia Eross on Fri, July 21st 2006 03:29am; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, July 21st 2006 03:02pm    Post subject:

The air suddenly seemed to drop a few degrees in a matter of a few seconds as that little rat of a woman ordered her to tend to the bike and make sure their tracks were covered. Salla's nose curled up in disgust as she lightly kicked the snow about her feet. How dare she treat her like a slave when she wasn't even apart of this little operation!

Well, she'd show her...

Glaring at the form of that twisted witch beginning to walk off with Nevin brought another rise of anger in her chest as she moved around to the front of the bike. A sly smile crossed her lips as she bent down and began to toggle some switches on the control console. A loud hum emitted from the back of the vehicle as it rose another few feet off the ground.

Now all she had to do was wait. Salla stood with her right hand resting on the throttle as the two ex-lovers moved deeper into the wilderness. She pushed her weight against the bike just slightly to aim it at the object she hated most. Another few seconds and she activated the throttle.

With a thundering roar, the bike took off in a puff of snow toward the stoic woman. Salla squated down in the snow and watched as the speeder began to veer off course before slamming into a tree and careening down an embankment. The sound of the wreck echoed throughout the immediate area as the metal from the chasis was literally sliced like flimsy before coming to rest at the bottom of a ravine in a pile of scrap.

Not expecting this turn of events, Salla rose her hands to her mouth in mock horror and snapped her gaze to the two figures which had stopped their walk. "Oops," Salla whispered to herself. "I guess it slipped."

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sun, July 23rd 2006 01:17am    Post subject:

Nevin's muscles tensed as he pulled himself and Val away from the renegade bike. If a few more seconds had slipped by, it would be careening down the forest mountain with Eross on it. He glanced back to see Salla staring as the speeder drove off.

After a few seconds of recomposure, Val reached down to grab her blaster pistol, raising the tibanna revolver to point towards Salla. Nevin grabbed his own a split second later, sticking it into the woman's back. "Du dürre, kleine Hure!" She yelled in disgust before feeling the muzzle pressed into her spine. Her body jumped in reaction and turned the blaster to aim at Nevin as Salla retrieved her own weapon.

"I'm sure she didn't mean it," Nevin hissed with a pointed glare at Salla. He pushed the device into her flesh with more strength. "Put it away. The tracks are already covered.

Valia's eyes locked on the shorter woman for some time before she shoved the blaster back into the holder on her leg. She stormed back towards the camp, yelling, "Mutterverfraken, lesbisch, böse, Edel-lecken, Schlangeherumhuren, Scheisse-essen, Brett vor dem Kopf, dumm, blöd, fraken faule Ausrede vor ein gottverdammt Arschloch!"

"Ah, saug mein!" He yelled back as she growled a response.

"Wenn konnte ich nur, denn du es mehr wisst mögen werden!" She taunted as she stepped into the camp, continuing on in another dialect so as to not alert the other men standing around to their argument.

Giving up, Nevin shoved his blaster back into his holster and stepped towards Salla. Once again, he glared at her. Salla was clearly mad at both her reaction and that once again, she was unable to decipher what they said. However, Nevin had to admit, if Val really wanted to get her mad, she would have spoken the past few verbal exchanges in Basic. Thank the gods she didn't.

"What the hell was that?" Nevin asked, glowering down at her.
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, July 24th 2006 05:42pm    Post subject:

The blaster was still clenched tightly within Salla's hand as the wench began to rant to herself in Nevin's native language. Salla trudged slowly behind them, picking up words here and there that sounded similar to their Basic counterparts. "Lesbian" was one of them and the anger began to boil within her chest at the notion. The only thing holding her back from pulling the trigger and ending the life of that poor, wretched whore was her loyalty to Nevin. After all, she was his friend, she had to show some respect toward her.

Before Salla could add her two credits into the melee, Nevin spoke up and silenced her for a moment with a quick comeback as the small group entered the edges of the camp. A thin smile masked her anger for a second as Nevin slowed his advance just enough so that he was walking with her side by side.

"I told you," she began, addressing the question he had asked. "It kinda slipped when I released the throttle. Funny how speeders tend to get a mind of their own when unattended." She shot a menacing stare to the woman ahead of them before winking at Nevin.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue, July 25th 2006 12:25am    Post subject:

"Funny how their drivers get a mind of their own when left unattended," Nevin countered with a sharp look at her. He walked further down the grove to where another speeder was idling. Valia was probably particularly angry since bikes were hard to come by. Nevin wouldn't be surprised if they only had two bikes in total at this camp. The Mantellian looked over the controls and switched it off, moving his boots out of the way as the metal hulk fell to the ground.

"We're here to get this information, then we're gone," He muttered as he stepped towards the tent into which Val had disappeared. "Not try to have some kind of competition on who can piss Nevin off the most."

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Tue, July 25th 2006 01:38am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, July 25th 2006 01:53am    Post subject:

"I'm not trying to piss you off," she grumbled as she reluctantly followed Nevin into the camp where the evil one dwelled. "I'm trying to piss her off. I've seen the looks she's been giving you." Salla paused and blew out a heavy sigh, her breath condescending in the chilly air. "She still loves you...doesn't she?"

Salla stopped just outside the entrance to the tent and stared off to the trees shifting under the weight of the freshly fallen snow. Her arms wraped around her torso once more as a severe chill wracked her body. Was this all worth it or was she climbing out onto a dangerously thin limb for nothing? What did Nevin really want?

The life that had been in her emerald eyes moments before had dimmed as she shifted them back to Nevin's position. "You said just gathering information?" she inquired in a small voice as she studied the establishment before them wearily. "Maybe I should stay here."

This was it. The answer to her last statement would clench it for her. If Nevin truly cared for her, he would demand she stood by his side, if not...Well, then she hoped that little whore would drive him insane for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Salla Vivek on Tue, July 25th 2006 01:54am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue, July 25th 2006 02:43am    Post subject:

Nevin let his warm breath escape into the ever-cooling climate. He rubbed his hands together and looked toward her. "No, just come on," he said, having considered it for a moment. "Just don't bite her head off."

He took her hand and began walking towards the flaps of the tent. Nevin decided to not answer Salla's question about Val. Deep down, Nevin knew she still did. Hell, maybe he still did, just a little. But if he were to admit either of those facts to Salla - facts that were keeping Eross from ordering her men to shoot them both - she might just get them both killed.

The two made their entrance known to the residents of the tent as they came through the flaps. It was slightly warmer in here, but Nevin could feel Salla's arm shivering just a tad under his skin. It was either shaking from the cold, or Salla's anger in seeing Val again.

For the moment, the Resistance leader wasn't paying them much attention. She was conferring with another man - tall, big build, cropped brown-black hair. She stuck a datachip into his leather jacket as she turned to look at the pair. Val regressed as she caught sight of their hands locked together, snorting lightly. "So, you really were not satisified with her, were you, Nev?"

"Shut up, Val," Antilles groaned, spreading his lips in a disgusted sneer as he recoiled away from her. "Just give us the information and you can get back to whatever it is you do here."

"You mean this?" The tall man said in a deep accent as he produced the datachip from his coat, holding it in front of the two.

"Yeah, this," Nevin confirmed as he reached forward to grab it from his hand, but the man backed away and smiled sardonically. Nevin tightened his right hand and looked back towards Val. "What more do you want?"

"Ugh," Val shook her head as she slithered over, getting close to Nevin's chest and staring up into his eyes. "<You act as if you've done something for me lately, Nev.>" She placed her hands firmly on his body and observed him. She investigated his physique with her eyes as she ran a hand down his torso. "A few weapons and a promise that you will attack the Empire? Please, Nevin, you only have one weapon I want..." She smiled slightly as she let her hand drift lower down his stomach. She allowed her touch to halt below his belt.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Tue, July 25th 2006 04:10am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Valia Eross

Post Posted: Tue, July 25th 2006 04:06am    Post subject:

I paused for a moment, moving my left hand to Nevin's right side. I once again entered into a lock with his azure irises, finding myself lost in them much as I had years before. I spread my hand across his chest and let it trace up his neck. He was trying to draw away from me, but I could tell he wanted to want to want me. I wanted him again too. Maybe if he had surrendered his feelings for the skank to the depths of hell where they belonged, I wouldn't do what I was about to do.

I closed my eyes and placed my hand on his jaw, pulling him down towards me. He resisted, trying to pull back and turn his face away, but I was no weakling. I wrapped my hand behind his head and pulled him down to my lips. I pressed mine against his, bringing my hand to once again feel his jaw. I closed my eyes and took in what my senses carried. I held on for a long while, facing the honesty that I had been trying to brush aside.

I still loved him.

But he didn't love me.

I pulled away from him, looking into his face as his eyelids pulled back, allowing him to see the expression that presented itself across my features. I regretted to show him, but I could feel my bravado slipping away as the truth came at me faster and faster.

"Traurig, Lieb," I said, straightening my face in front of my men. Nevin watched me quizzically, in surprise from the kiss and my apology. I moved my left hand onto his hip, sliding my dexterious fingers around what rest there. I tightened my grip and backed away from his figure, pulling his blaster out of its holster with me.

I brought it up to bear at him, strengthening my resolve as I securely gripped the handle. He didn't react immediately. He just let his shoulders drop as the green-colored Imperial Army soldiers entering through the tent.

Last edited by Valia Eross on Tue, July 25th 2006 04:08am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, July 25th 2006 04:29pm    Post subject:

Salla stood with her feet evenly spread across the gravel floor. The place wasn't much to look at and she couldn't imagine how a thin sheet of nylon and plastic could protect all these people from the bitter cold. But even that thought didn't soften her feelings toward this "Val" and her reaction to Nevin. Even now, the two of them were locked in another conversation in their own language and with each passing word, the two drew closer together.

Fists clenching and unclenching in an uncontrolled anger, Salla remained silent and watched the two ex-lovers until the impossible happened. That wicked wench touched an area only Salla could claim before planting a kiss on Nevin's lips. They remained like that for a few seconds all the while Salla's mouth hung open in shock.

That bastard! she mentally screamed before her body was in motion. It was all downhill from there. Salla would teach this woman a lesson once and for all and the end result would not be pretty. Her right fist began to propell forward in a swinging arc toward her nose before she was halted.

"Ack!" she cried out into the frigid air as the high collar of her parka nearly choked her. Salla cursed and twisted her neck around to see the big, burly man at her back, holding her in place with a firm hand. But they would need more than that to keep her still.

Salla began to kick and swing her fists about in a wild display of defiance. "Let me go!" she screamed into the man's face but her attempts only prompted the man to hold her even tighter.

More precious moments passed with Salla continuing to fight for her freedom before the tell-tale sound of approaching footfalls made her fall silent for just a moment. The snow crunched loudly outside as whoever was approaching drew nearer before a whole array of green-armored troopers rushed through the open flaps of the tent.

Her first thought was that these people were absolutely stupid for running out into a white, and cold climate in green, but then she realized who these people were. The Empire. Things were looking pretty bleak for their future at that point.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu, July 27th 2006 01:42am    Post subject:

Val had always been ruthless, willing to murder and kill whenever the reason would benefit either her or Ord Mantell. However, Nevin couldn't see the wisdom in the betrayal to the Empire.

Then again, he found it difficult to think with a blaster intruding upon his spine.

"Turn around, scum," said a male voice from behind him, as several other clearly recognizable Imperial Army soldiers encircled the tent. Nevin complied, but only after tossing Valia a look that forced her to turn away. She was guilty, yet she was allowing the Imperials to take them?

"Du Feigling," Nevin insulted quietly as the Imperials connected his hands in binders. Nevertheless, Eross heard his remark and stepped between him and the trooper.

"Verräter," she yelled into his face. "<You dare to call me a weakling after you deserted us? At least you're going back to your newfound friends, hah!>"

The troop pushed her away and continued to work on the cuffs that were being locked around his wrists. "Why are you doing this?" Nevin queried in Basic after finding Salla, watching with angered curiosity, being bound as well.

"As I said, Lieb, a few weapons won't help us," Val said as she herself started helping the troopers establish the binders around Salla's arms. "Alliance with the Empire will."

Nevin had to do a double-take. The Empire was the very force the band of brigands were fighting against. They resisted unwaranted authority, they didn't ally with it. "An alliance?!" He was interrupted before he could inquire further, pushed brutally by another trooper out into the chilling climate.

Seperated from the Resistance, Nevin saw nothing but Imperial soldiers combing the camp, surely looking for any Rebel associates that had followed Nevin and Salla. Nevin was pushed up to the officer who was surveying the camp.

"Ah," the Sergeant said with an almost-emotionaless voice, but tinted with anger and a bit of pride. "The Grand Moff-gone-fugitive. Might I remind you your trial has still not been completed?"

"If that was a trial, you actually might be male," Nevin growled.

The Sergeant glowered and gestured to another grunt. "Private, get over here. Take Commandant Antilles to another one of these...these things," he over-enunciated, gesturing at the tents. "Take the other girl to another. We don't want our Rebel friends conspiring."

Nevin began to retort, but he found his words stuck in his throat as the world blacked out.

Post Posted: Sat, July 29th 2006 08:27pm    Post subject:

I watched the men take away the two Rebels. I never thought I would ally with those Imperial dogs, but times were tough. It was a stalemate. They were worse fighters than even the Corellian slime soldiers, but they had far more ample resources and could afford to be poorly skilled.

It was taking its toll. I had no intention of letting them stay on my planet, but we, the Resistance, needed time to regroup, find better arms and recruit without having to be in disguise to just enter centers of population.

I turned to look at the high-and-mighty officer lording over his troops. He looked over at me like a man might look at a nerf. “You have your spies, Sergeant,” I said, keeping my voice as to not reveal my hatred for him.

“Indeed,” he said simply, as if to avoid as much social interaction with me as possible.

“I believe that you have already the changes made?” I said, struggling with the Basic.

“Of course.”

I smiled slightly. “Gut. Now, how do I know you are not lying to me?” I asked. If he were to try anything, my men outnumbered him here five to one.

He walked away from the large tent into the light, near his line of army troopers. He gave a nod to the lead trooper as he turned to look back at me. “Because lying to you would require more effort than the truth,” he paused as he turned to the side to stride towards me. “One must memorize two stories instead of one.”

“How efficient,” I snorted, my mocking tone accidentally sticking through. I didn’t attempt to recover my composure, since perhaps a little knowledge of my anger for his people would get him out of here sooner. I wanted to get this over with and forget about it, forever.

“Of course,” he confirmed. “Efficiency is a watchword of the Army. Last I knew, Mantellians prided themselves on it as well.”

Hell yes. “I would comment but I would not like to outmatch the Empire in front of you,” I said with an assured smile.

“I don’t think you need to worry,” He explained, returning my smile. I knew he hated me every bit as much as I hated him, but in a purely different manner and for another reason. He gestured at another trooper and I watched their actions intently.

“Then, if you do not mind,” implied I, shifting my eyes towards the end of camp.

“Yes, ma’am?” He asked for more explanation stupidly.

“Kindly leave my camp,” I ordered, an edge on my words.

“I’m afraid that’s not possible yet,” he stated as he continued to approach me. “You see, you have been forgiven for your past crimes…but then there are the crimes you and your band are committing now.”

I shockingly looked towards the areas where I knew clusters of my men were hiding, stationed in waiting. “Excuse me?”

“Possession of illegal weaponry, unregistered land development, and numerous safety and health ordinance violations,” he explained immediately before producing a blaster pistol from behind his back. Before I could reach for my own, his blaster fired. I felt one of those hot red bolts strike my stomach.

Last edited by Valia Eross on Sat, July 29th 2006 08:30pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Ord Mantell » Nordostwald (Surface)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: