}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Star Trek
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » Star Trek
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, May 27th 2009 06:21pm    Post subject:

It was brilliant. Personally I wasn't keen on the reboot idea, but they did it brilliantly. Maybe Star Trek will be cool now. :P

One thing I didn't like though, the skirts were longer. :(

Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, June 17th 2009 06:40pm    Post subject:

OMG I JUST CAME BACK FROM WATCHING IT!

It was awesome! But you know, all the ... you knows, on the you know, when did they equip those? How, given the... storyline?

And they destroyed Earth yet they were standing on it!!! ARG! *cough* That's not a spoiler.

Annother non-spoiler, the stuff souldn't have been in a sphere.

I still think it's awesome! :D :D :D :D :D
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, June 17th 2009 07:06pm    Post subject:

I did not understand a word you just said. :P

*Stabs Wedge repeatedly* :P Now everybody's happy. - Lazer

In Soviet Russia, Force uses you! :P - Kypjargon

Sarin, you ***** *** pansy, you screw with me, you screw with my GIANT LASER GUN. - Xaph, imitating Commander Shepard
 Back to top »
Kilvec Ordo
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed, June 17th 2009 08:57pm    Post subject:

Yah, uh... no more weed for you. :P But this does prove that Star Trek is so good that you'll even like it stoned...

Kilvec Ordo

Chief Commander of the Citadel Krytocracy

"You just broke physics."-Peyr Baelish

"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of Kilvec's nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Gustaf Koehler." -Alexus

Last edited by Kilvec Ordo on Wed, June 17th 2009 08:57pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, June 20th 2009 12:00pm    Post subject:

No it doesn't. I ought to shoot you for that. I was just trying to avoid posting any spoilers. I forgot the appropriate tags dammit.
 Back to top »
Kilvec Ordo
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat, June 20th 2009 01:52pm    Post subject:

Maybe I was stoned then, because I don't remember some of that stuff, besides the sphere...

Kilvec Ordo

"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of Kilvec's nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Gustaf Koehler." -Alexus
 Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, June 22nd 2009 09:56am    Post subject:

*rummages for spoiler tags*

Expand

Kilvec Ordo
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue, June 23rd 2009 07:16pm    Post subject:

EDIT: DOH! TRIPLE POST/BAD CODE ERROR

Kilvec Ordo

Last edited by Kilvec Ordo on Tue, June 23rd 2009 07:20pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Kilvec Ordo
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue, June 23rd 2009 07:16pm    Post subject:

EDIT: DOH! TRIPLE POST/BAD CODE ERROR

Kilvec Ordo

Last edited by Kilvec Ordo on Tue, June 23rd 2009 07:20pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Kilvec Ordo
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue, June 23rd 2009 07:19pm    Post subject:

Ah, much better now. :P

The Mining vessel equipped with weapons was a little odd, too. I can see it having some light weaponry for defense, and the use of re-purposed mining equipment once the went back in time (Like the drill), and it would make sense that, a hundred years in the future, these weapons would be significantly stronger, but missiles/torpedoes? Not what you'd expect, but I kinda let it slide.

The whole matter of the supernova was, if you ask me, the biggest blunder of the movie. A supernova that would threaten the galaxy? Spock, are you high? Supernovas have been known to not even totally destroy planets in close vicinity, barely bother ones a few lightyears away. Yet is splits a planet in half, and apparently is a threat to 'all life as we know it.' And, as you said, they would have known about an event like that for beyond centuries. I mean, we already know about when the sun should burn out, and how, and it's billions of years off, but in Star Trek, it's like, "By the way...". Next, a black hole would do shit to a supernova. In fact, they usually already have a black hole inside them. The violently exploding outside would still go off.

Also, to destroy a planet with a black hole, they wouldn't need to drill. They could just detonate the damn thing in the atmosphere and be on their way. If they wanted to use the drill, they could have just drilled to the core of the planet, and that would have made it's own fair amount of hell.

The black hole actually works in the sense your saying. If you noticed, they jumped away from Earth, out of the system, presumably, before the whole black-hole stunt. After that, it wouldn't last long, considering that the only matter it had to consume would be the comparatively puny mining vessel, which is nothing compared to the mass it's used to having to survive (Aka, stars and planets). However, the problem lies in that it didn't have anything start on-it was conceived in flat out space. Next, Nero would have been crushed, flattened, and thrown into a billion tiny particles very fast, not in the drawn out movie fashion. In fact, even his transmission wouldn't have escaped. For that matter, the Enterprise probably should have been crushed once the black hole had been created, too.

On a similar note, detonating the warp drive would have done nothing to move the Enterprise, as almost all the energy had been transferred to light and such, and the few remaining fast moving particles would have probably just ripped through the Enterprise instead of moving it, but they played it out like they were in the atmosphere. Oh well. Still looked cool.

And where did you hear about the red-matter repealing? It's pretty hard to have a magic goop that makes a black hole via condensing that's matter-shy.

I didn't notice the moon one, but now that you mention it, that's a big oops on there part. Nice find. :P

Anyhow, beside those, and a few other fairly blatant errors that I don't feel like writing about, it was pretty damn cool.

Kilvec Ordo

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » Star Trek
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: