}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Office Suite 41221-B (Imperial Palace)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Office Suite 41221-B (Imperial Palace)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, September 23rd 2007 12:21am    Post subject:

"Cold-blooded? You're not the first, Scyntor. You probably won't be the last. When you have enough 'cold-blooded killers' point guns to your head, it doesn't do as much anymore," I sighed, getting tired of his game. He obviously wanted me to say something to vindicate his apparent rampant abuse of his authority to complain that he feels inadequate. And I was getting annoyed.

"And my loyalties are with the Empire. Everything I have done is try to assist in rebuilding since Endor and preventing another wave of mass revolutions. I'm sure people like you think I'm just too nice for the office, but the fact of the matter is that if you run around, assault rifles blazing and breaking in doors whenever you feel like it and blasting civilians... eventually, they'll rise up and drive you off. Or you kill every last one of them, and then you have nothing to rule but a dead rock. Either way, your 'efficiency' and love of force has worked against the good of the Empire.

"Instead, you have to court them. Put credits into rebuilding the damage from the wars, make them feel safe and protected. Then they'll be far more loyal to the Throne, and you'll be able to devote your manpower to dealing with actual threats instead of blowing off the head of someone who spoke their mind.

"Then again, that's what you do, isn't it, Scyntor?" I asked. "You just shoot whoever the Emperor tells you, like a good little puppet. But, as Emperor and you as the head of a military branch that reports directly to him, I suppose that's to be expected and not begrudged. Except, I doubt he sanctioned this. So, how many will you have to kill to cover this up? The backup security systems have already picked up your little elite infiltration teams by now. Will you slaughter everyone in this palace to cover your crime? Will you destroy the Empire you are supposed to serve?"

I looked up at the Dark Trooper wearing a captain's insignia. "You've been compromised. Over what amounts to ego, too."

Then I turned back to the Colonel-General. "So, how about it, General? Where do your loyalties lie? Are you a Stormtrooper, or a traitor? Someone that would cripple the Empire because he feels threatened, or will you suck it up, open your eyes, and realize we're all on the same side?

"I understand your concern... but your assumptions are ridiculous. Do you want to know why I negotiated while Thyferra was just beginning? It wasn't going to be a victory for the Empire or the Corps. It was going to be a slaughter when the incoming Rebel fleet dropped out on top of your transport force and vaporized all seven hundred thousand troopers on your transports. Yeah, they probably wouldn't have survived long either, but the destruction of half of an assault force is unacceptable when those losses are taken before the first Imperial soldier has touched the planet's ground."

I paused for a moment. "My spies sent me that information just after we attacked. Would you have thrown out nearly three-quarters of a million of your best men for the sake of proving a point; to show that the Stormtroopers are 'the elite force'? Would you condemn the crews of those ships to a useless death? Would you condemn Admiral Skirata's career and possibly his life to doom because you wanted to show off your new fleet, and damn whatever showed up to stop you?"

My tone remained even, unhurried. If he was going to kill me regardless, he was going to kill me. If he actually wanted to know where my loyalties lay, I told him. "Give me the weapon, General. The Corps is in no danger. As long as there is an Empire, the Stormtroopers will protect it."

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Captain
Private

Post Posted: Sun, September 23rd 2007 01:16am    Post subject:

With the Moff's announcement of the op being compromised the Captain had had enough.

He issued out rapid fire orders to his own forces over his private comm system, "Lieutenant, door guard. Anything tries to get in you knock it down, hard but non-lethal."

"060 and 307, I want your teams to monitor all security activity near the Supreme Moff's office and lock the level down entirely, you'll be my eyes and ears for approaching hostiles."

He then spoke to the rest of the teams he had in position, "All other IVs are to pull back to the RV point. Do not let anyone see you, if you are spotted you are authorized to use...appropriate means to neutralize any threat you face."

He knew that while few individuals knowing of the existence of the IVs allowed for a great amount of freedom in how they operated...it also meant that the majority of Imperials would consider his troops hostile in the Palace. Rather than risk a full on engagement he ordered the withdrawal, though he and Lieutenant would stay behind with the Colonel General. He wasn't about to risk his troops' lives over a petty dispute between a spy and a Stormtrooper...

Finally he turned to face both the Supreme Moff and the Colonel General and as he did he flicked the safety off on his rifle and loaded an anti-tank round into his rifle's underslung munitions launcher. Their argument was growing more tense by the second and 198 knew that there was still some kind of bodyguard nearby, hence him readying his rifle.
He didn't respond directly to the Moff, merely offering a cold silence.

Last edited by Captain on Sun, September 23rd 2007 01:27am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, October 01st 2007 10:52am    Post subject:

Scyntor didn't take his eyes off the Supreme Moff, but his words were slow and decadent in coming. He heard the Captain moving, and could only assume that the trooper was reacting to the perceived compromise, but his actions wree not necessary."Captain, do not worry, your presence is still quite safe. I'm afraid the good Moff is bluffing."

The blaster discharged, and a smoking crater was all that told of Scyntor's blaster firing. That, and the smell of singed hair at Ams Jendob's temple. The tight control he kept on the DC-17, and the even tighter control on his own anger were the only reasons why the Supreme Moff was not dead at this very moment. His voice went silken, almost as if talking to a child.

"Your attempts to turn the Dark Troopers against me will not be perceived well by the Emperor, Supreme Moff. You forget I have access to the same blueprints and technical schematics of this palace as you do, and I prepared for the contingency. Do not patronize or attempt to deceive me, Jendob, I will not stand for it much longer."

Rather than go into it any further, he decided to change the subject back to an earlier comment, one that he had already compiled a response for. He had expected this argument, this accusation to come up in the midst of the conversation, and so was well prepared for it. "By my reckoning, this interaction will be seen favorably by Vader in any circumstance: I have taken the initiative to confront who I believed to be a potential traitor and treasonist, using the judgement placed upon me by your senior Lorth Yittreas. If I was right, I rid the Empire of a traitor. If I was wrong, I confirmed the loyalty of the second-highest rung of Imperial command. Either way, I win."

Scyntor brought the still-warm muzzle of the blaster to the Supreme Moff's head again, his finger resting on the trigger. His voice turned a little bit colder, his presence a little more intimidating as he looked down into Jendob's grey-green eyes. "I reviewed the logs of that battle, Ams - the order to pull back was given long before your so-called spies found out about it, and it was General-Admiral Cartos that issued the order... one, I've found, shares Grand Admiral Thrawn's penchant for disobedience in the face of logic."

The Colonel-General's left hand trembled the slighest bit, though the right hand with the blaster remained rock-steady. His voice, too, betrayed a slight tremble as he looked into the eyes of a man he respected, and dearly did not want to think of as a traitor... there was truth in his words, but there too was the two-faced nature of the bureaucrats, and he could not tell what that second face was pointed towards.

"I serve the Empire, Jendob. Even after I was originally discharged from the Corps I continued to serve Her, quelling uprisings where I could, and keeping our security forces away when I could stifle arguments just as well. I have done nothing but try to keep the Empire safe, to see it grow and flourish... and when I think anything threatens Her, my training instincts kick in, and my first response is to eliminate the threat."

He looked away for a moment, and then back at him as he drew up his resolve. "I want you to tell me one more time, Jendob. Without sarcasm, without retort, without rebuttal or subterfuge. Tell me, Ams... are you loyal to the Empire?"

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.

Last edited by Thanates Scyntor on Tue, October 02nd 2007 08:06pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You

Post Posted: Sat, October 06th 2007 11:42pm    Post subject:

I glowered at the blue-clad ape that had the gall to question his superior... in every sense of the word. The bastard didn't even have the decency to wear the right uniform, yet he rattled on about his beloved Corps. "He answered your frakking question, you son of a bitch," I snarled, not caring about the hulking exosuit-armored minions he had with him.

"You're just gonna keep pressing until he gives you an excuse to shoot--"

Before I could finish, a partition in the room dissolved into fire, and the sound of multiple disruptor bursts filled the air. To the human ear, it would've been a cacophany of blurred sound. Hell, even to Thanagarian hearing it was almost a blur of noise. Forks of evil-looking orange energy struck the pistol in Scyntor's hand and the weapons in the hands of the Dark Troopers. One somehow managed to pull the trigger just as the bolt hit. I wasn't sure I wanted to know what his reaction time scores were.

But nothing materialized from the barrel as all of their weapons turned to ash in their armored grips. Then a maroon and gold blur leaped from the dissolving partition and smashed into the green-armored troops.

To be continued after conferring with my partners in this plot. Please check the thread in the Imperial forums before posting here.

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand

Last edited by Shayera Jendob on Sun, October 07th 2007 12:18am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Lieutenant
Private

Post Posted: Sat, November 10th 2007 04:13pm    Post subject:

Lieutenant barely had half a second to register what was going on before he sprang into action, ejecting the phrik vibroblades concealed within his gauntlets and charging towards the mass of smoke and flame coming from behind the Moff's desk. While his air-filters removed things like airborne poisons and toxins, they still didn't seem to filter the acrid smell of burning plastic, and ozone from the air.

Lashing out with his left fist, he stifled a cry of pain as he felt the virbroblade extended from his gauntlet snap, and his fist collide into the the edge of his gauntlet armor. The gel layer within the suit prevented a ton of damage from blunt force trauma, but even it had it's limits. Even now, he felt his phrik armor bend slightly, and the bones in his hands start to ache as the assault droid , now fully visible tried to crush Lieutenant's entire hand. He payed no mind to it.

Utilizing his free hand, he aimed straight for the droid's neck joints, punching three times in total before he had completely crumpled the extended vibroblade. The next second, he felt the droid's other hand come up to the relatively thin layer of armor at his own neck and begin to squeeze. Thank the Gods for the gel layer, he thought as he heard the phrik and durasteel begin to creak.

Wasting no time, bringing his right arm up, he sent his forearm crashing against the droid's wrist joint on the hand that was crushing his fist. Hearing a satisfying screech of damaged servos, and bent durasteel, Lieutenant pulled his arm free, and grabbing the 'bicep' on the droid's other arm, sent his knee directly into the lower section of the droid's torso, twisting his upper body as he did so to release his neck from the vice-like grip upon it.

Stumbling back away from the partition, Lieutenant had just enough time to power his shield to full before an armored metal fist impacted directly where his heart was under his armor. Feeling his feet coming out from underneath him, Lieutenant tried to prepare for a backwards roll even as he was sent flying through the air, but the droid was too quick. As he impacted the hard floor of the Moff's office, and began to shift his body weight, he felt his breath leave him as the droid's fist came down again in the same spot, this time destroying the shield and leaving a large dent in the chest plate. In the next milisecond, he had just enough time to close his eyes as another blow fell, this one directly onto his face plate, damaging the helmet armor and shattering his internal HUD.

Acting instinctively, Lieutenant brought his right foot up hard, and smiled as he felt it connect, feeling the weight of the droid leaving him, and hearing a great crashing noise. Standing as quickly as possible, he ripped off his helmet, and tossed it to the ground, revealing a man with a hard angular face, marred with deep scars and partially burned tissue in several areas. His helmet now gone, Lieutenant knew he had to end the fight soon, or he'd certainly be killed. He had no more shield, and no more protection for his head. If that droid got in one hit on any unarmored portion of his body, he'd be dead instantly, if not from blood loss or the injuries, then from sheer shock.

Not having to wait long for the droid to return, Lieutenant turned around to see a blur of durasteel advancing on him yet again.

Back to top »
Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, November 12th 2007 10:12pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile...

Sergeant stood at the rendezvous point, rifle at the ready for any threat that came along. Things had gone sour in the office, if the recent comm transmissions were any indicator. This meant he was ranking officer for the moment. the oldest of the DT-IVs, he had preferred to stay a noncom, the position was more than just a rank for him. It allowed him to reign in the younger and lower ranking troopers, while still leaving the beauracratic aspects to the higher ups. Now, it was up to him to clean up this situation as best as he could. Speaking into his multichannel comm, his gruff voice reached to the troopers that remained outside of the office.

" 307! This is Sergeant! I want ya to keep any patrols off of our asses! No matter what! If ya can't do it without confrontation, so be it! 060! You are confirmed for return to rendezvous point! I want ya to open me up a path to the office and step up the response to any incursions by enemy forces! Security teams Delta and Gamma, get ya asses to your posts, I don't want any surprises! Move like ya gotta purpose, people!" With that, Sergeant gripped his rifle and headed for the office as quickly as he could.

Last edited by Sergeant on Mon, November 12th 2007 10:14pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
DT-060 'Sleeper'
Private

Post Posted: Wed, November 21st 2007 07:22am    Post subject:

"Understood Sergeant," Sleeper's voice wispered over the comms - with little ceremony she tore the cables of her datapad out from the security terminal, dropping a tempory firewall that would be long gone by the time the Darktroopers were out of the area. Strapping the pad back onto her leg she grabbed a bundle of small shaped detpacks and threw them to her squadmates, "Rig these to remote and get them secured on the taps, we're pulling out of this station."

Leaving the security station wired up behind them, the darktroopers moved with swift pace to the rendevous point, adding an extra few bodies to the Sergeants allready waiting forces "Sir," she muttered to the advancing form of the Officer, "Don't you think you should wait for orders before you intervene in anything that might be occuring?"
 Back to top »
Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, December 06th 2007 07:13pm    Post subject:

The older DT-IV grimaced behind his mask, looking upon Sleeper with contempt. " I ain't got time to wait for orders!", he said gruffly. He didn't appreciate it when subordinates questioned him. he had been a soldier for far too long to be treated as if he didn't know what he was doing. There were fellow DTs in danger and he took it upon himself to do what he could to help them. He would not leave any man behind...

" Listen up, 060! We've got fellow Troopers in trouble out there! Now, we all knew the risks of this Op, but I will not leave men behind if I can help it! Now, keep yo' ass here and if the situation goes FUBAR, I'll send a comm out for you and the rest to hightail it outta here!" Not bothering to wait for a response, he ran for the office at full speed.

He could hear the sounds of battle as he neared the office. And from the sound of it, things were not going well. Double checking that his shield was fully charged, he slammed the sole of his armored boot into the door. Three kicks and the door relented, crashing to the ground. He had never seen anything like the scene before him. Scyntor, Captain and Lieutenant all seemed to have their attentions focused on a machine the likes of which Sergeant had never seen.

Especially Lieutenant. The senior officer was quite banged up. His armor was dented in multiple places and it seemed the machine was focused on him for the moment. Sergeant took the opportunity. " Hey ugly!", he shouted, raising his rifle and letting off a few rounds, obviously to no avail, in one swift motion. Tossing the rifle to Scyntor, he charged the unknown machine. " Let's dance, sucker!", he yelled, jumping onto the 'back' of the machine and slamming his armored fist into it's 'head' repeatedly.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, December 06th 2007 10:30pm    Post subject:

The scene was a blur. That's all I could call the scene unfolding behind Scyntor. Within a matter of seconds, there had been several loud crashes and bangs and grunts and clanging noises. Now, a Dark Trooper lay on the floor, his helmet torn off and a very angry face glowering up at the advanced droid.

Another one seemed to be assailing the prototype assassin. The movements of his fists were so rapid I could hardly track them, and his (or her, I couldn't tell through the opaque visor) victim appeared to be convulsing violently as its recoiled under each blow. But it was taking the actually quite ineffective assault to learn before striking. Such was the nature of the beast, after all.

There wasn't long to wait, either. With disturbing and unnatural precision, it grabbed the soldier's armored wrist, jerked hard (presumably to throw him or her off balance), then threw the leviathan to the side. The exosuit-clad soldier crashed to the ground, but was soon back on his feet. Other soldiers assailed the droid. In one dramatic move, it snaked its leg around the thigh of one attacker, bending its knee backwards then yanking the man's leg (this one I was sure of, given his captain's insignia) from under him. On the way down, he grabbed the 500-kilogram killing machine and shoved it clear across the room, causing it to almost smash the soldier that had attacked before.

The droid rose, a look of stolid determination on its face. Its left hand began to reshape, fingers tucking in and locking together, devices sliding out from compartments within the arm and hand. A semicircular form popped out, and a shrill whine filled the air.

Someone was about to get killed in a rather gruesome fashion. As the droid cocked its arm to sever the head of one of the soldiers with a clean sweep, I ordered, "Stand down!"

It froze in place, the whirring blade stopping almost instantly. The sawblade reinserted itself into the hand, which quickly resumed a human form.

Turning quickly to Scyntor, I growled, "Call them off."

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Captain
Private

Post Posted: Thu, December 06th 2007 11:15pm    Post subject:

His previous suspicions about a prototype droid apparently proved accurate the Captain thought as the machine brought him down to the floor with a loud thud. 198 grabbed the metal monstrosity as he fell and threw it as hard as he could manage, it didn't matter where it hit as long as it was off balance for even a moment. Long enough for him to retaliate.

He then stood, his armor's shield beginning a recharge cycle, and he brought his arms to his chest in a crossed position. He clenched his hands into fists and threw the arms to his sides as two loud cracks emanated from the gauntlets. Two blazing blue-white blades of pure energy were now extended; a little present from Emperor Vader for his most elite warriors, a weapon on the level of lightsabers themselves built right into every Dark Trooper IV's armor.

198 prepared to charge the machine and end the fight once and for all when the Moff commanded it to yield. Captain held his stance for the moment the blades still online, waiting for Scyntor's response.

Back to top »
Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, December 06th 2007 11:40pm    Post subject:

As 307 and his team reached the room where they'd inflitrated the Palace, Blue Three skidded to a halt next to the same terminal she'd craced upon entry. She inserted her spoofer and began accessing files. "Here, sir." She pointed to an image of one of the security cameras in the Moff's office. The General, Captain, and Lieutenant were in the middle of a melee between themselves and some sort of 'droid 307 had never seen or heard of before. The 'droid threw 198 to the ground, only to have the Sergeant leap atop its back and begin hammering its head with the strength of a pneumatc piston.

307 began unbuckling his rappeling gear and sack. He checked the charge on his G10 and slid it onto the back plate of his armor. handing the gear and bag to Four, he drew his repeaters and glanced around the corner. Two asked, "What are you doing?"

"What needs to be done." Wth that, he charged down the hallway, headed straight for the office.

307's heart was pumping at 180 beats per minute and yet he willed his body for more speed. He flew down hallways and corridors, stopping only to check his HUD and confirm that he was headed in the right direction. Finally, as he reached the hallway adjacent to the Moff's office. Clicking the safeties on his repeaters, he edged around the corridor until he was at the door to the office. He whirled and kicked the door it, leveling his blasters inside and moving in.

Hpe that's not too much interference, but I needed to post arriving on the scene.

Expand
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, December 07th 2007 07:53pm    Post subject:

Throughout the entire conflagration of battle the Colonel-General never wavered. He had been prepared to die, of course, but this confrontation had turned into a pissing match over who would back down first. The advanced weapons and heuristics of the combat 'droid that had made itself known had either forced Jendob's hand, or was a demonstration for the price of disobedience.

However, there was a note in the Supreme Moff's voice that lent credence to the hope that Scyntor had clung to, that he was truly just misunderstood in his methods but he did have the Empire at heart. The fact that he had not obliterated the prototype soldiers when he had the chance was in and of itself a momentous event, but the exasperation in Jendob's growl said it all. There wouldn't be a need to kill, however words still needed to be exchanged, between politician and foot soldier.

"Captain, thank you for your assistance. Get Sergeant patched up and return to the rendezvous point, call your men and women to do the same. Deploy a squad to take him back to the ship, keep the rest in easy reach until you see that door open. Me, first." The last two words were a code, one recognizable by any diplomat that had been forced into a one-on-one confrontation... if Scyntor wasn't the first person out of that door, anyone else coming out would fall under a hellstorm of gunfire that they surely would not escape from.

Scyntor, himself, touched the tips of his fingers to his forehead in salute to the combat 'droid, a gesture of respect for its programming and capabilities. Looking over at Shayera, who to her credit had pulled one of the guns that had caused her husband to stop the assault, he offered the same gesture of respect, knowing full well all it would receive would be a glower. He stole a glance to Captain and Lieutenant, who had made an excellent showing despite the enemy.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, December 07th 2007 08:26pm    Post subject:

The 'droid was fast, remarkably fast. And strong. With his years of combat experience and DT-IV enhancements, Sergeant hadn't expected the machine to be able to take such a beating and not seem the least bit worse for wear. As the machine grabbed him off of it's back and threw him, he suddenly got a better look at Lieutenant and the extensive damage he had taken. You're gettin' lazy in your old age. Shoulda gotten a better assessment of the situation before you charged in, ya old dog. It was as that thought crossed his mind that he hit the opposite wall with a large crash. Shoulda just gutted the damn thing with the blades when I had a chance...

His shields down, Sergeant stood to a crouch quickly. Reaching to his thigh during the movement, he brought his pistol to bear. Aiming it at the 'droid's rotary blade as it was about to attempt a decapitation on another Trooper; the Moff unexpectedly called the machine off. The 'droid stopped and stood quietly. Sergeant looked at the other Troopers and Scyntor, then reholstered the pistol reluctantly.
"Captain, thank you for your assistance. Get Sergeant patched up and return to the rendezvous point, call your men and women to do the same. Deploy a squad to take him back to the ship, keep the rest in easy reach until you see that door open. Me, first."

001 stood fully, holding a hand up dismissively. " I'm alright, sir. Just got the wind knocked outta me."
 Back to top »
DT-060 'Sleeper'
Private

Post Posted: Wed, December 12th 2007 09:41am    Post subject:

060 spun on her heel as she caught notice of a fast moving, fast approaching friendly contact on her tracker and was almost knocked down by the barrelling form of 307, the older Darktrooper thrust a palm into his chest, something that would probably crush the lungs of a normal human, but to a darktrooper, was only intended to get him to halt before he burst in on something without orders.

"Woah there, Sparky - engadgement's over, no time to play the all-action hero." 'Sleeper' hesitated for a moment and then shook her head, where in the galaxy had her mind dredged that quote up from? She rapped his armour after she removed her palm, "Orders are to move out to the rendevous, our jobs over now..."

Last edited by DT-060 'Sleeper' on Wed, December 12th 2007 09:42am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, December 12th 2007 07:13pm    Post subject:

307 felt a hand on his shoulder as he surveyed the scene in the office. It was 060. "Whoa there, Sparky - engadgement's over, no time to play the all-action hero."

He nodded. "So I see." He jerked his head at the 'droid towering beside Jendob. "Ever seen one of those before?" His fellow DT shook her head, then pointed back down the hallway. "C'mon, orders are to move out to the rendevous, our jobs over now..." 307 nodded and took one last glance at the droid before following 060 down the hall and back the way he'd come.

Expand
 Back to top »
Captain
Private

Post Posted: Wed, December 12th 2007 11:22pm    Post subject:

198 shut down the plasma blades and looked over to 001 who was just getting up, he seemed fine but the Captain would have him get checked out when they got back aboard the ship. The Lieutenant seemed calm and cool headed, but still ready to snap someone in half at the drop of a hat.

The Captain activated the private comm channel than only his Dark Troopers had access to he issued a fall back order, "Troopers, fight's over. We're out of here."

198 shot a look towards the droid, the type of look that gave off a feeling of we'll settle this later as he left the room with the other two Phase IVs.

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Thu, December 13th 2007 01:38am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, December 13th 2007 07:00am    Post subject:

Scyntor departed after some tense, frank, and ultimately insightful discussion. On the floor, a few blaster burns were noticeable, as well as the mound of ash that was once a wall the droid had been hiding behind. Also, though probably still warm as their disposal was so recent, were two blaster pistols with one on each side of my desk. One had been shot, the other had a vibroknife firmly implanted in it.

Shayera walked through the still-open door, followed closely by the Terminator. On the latter, it had been a splendid test of its abilities. It would do quite well in the upcoming campaigns. "What happened? I heard blaster fire," the Thanagarian almost demanded.

"Calm down," I said softly. "I'm all right. Just boys and their toys," I smirked, recalling a snide remark I'd once heard about my tendency to destroy equipment in missions.

Her hands flexed. "So, when do you want him dead?" she asked tersely, her wings twitching slightly. She was enraged and trying not to show it.

"I don't. It was a misunderstanding."

Her emerald eyes narrowed to slits. "Ams," she said slowly, her effort in trying not to sound angry painfully clear. "That shit may fly in the Moff Council, or in public addresses... but don't try to pull the wool over my eyes. Ever. Again."

I nodded to the chair. "Sit down. Calm down."

"I'd rather stand," she seethed. "Why aren't we dealing with treason? Isn't that the idea behind IntelForce?"

Glancing at the calendar surreptitiously, I suppressed a wince. Scyntor had to pick this week, didn't he? This might get difficult. "Shayera..."

Her fist slammed down on the smooth duraplast surface, noticeably dimpling it at the point of impact. "No, godsdammit! That was flat-out rebellion! He should be dragged out and shot, along with any other traitor to the Empire!"

I whispered softly, "What about Nevin?"

"He's... different. I... I guess. But what the hell does that have to do with anything, anyway?" she wavered, then came back stronger.

Shy's teeth ground together, and was about to explode in a fiery outburst. But, then she just sighed, and took a few deep breaths. "I don't know... just..."

"Look, Shayera, he went about the wrong way--"

"That's an understatement."

"--but he had a valid point and it needed clearing up."

"Ams, a misunderstanding doesn't involve anti-tank weapons and a killer droid that will destroy any organic being, droid, or even vehicle under the stars. And it doesn't involve holding a Supreme Moff at gunpoint when you have armored goons backing you up," she noted. Granted, they were good points...

"I understand. But still, no reprisals. I'm sending him off on a retribution mission, anyway."

She cocked her head. "Where?"

"Ord Mantell."

Expand

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Thu, December 13th 2007 06:05pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You

Post Posted: Fri, May 29th 2009 02:38am    Post subject:

I strode proudly into Ams' office, a datapad tucked under my arm. It had been six weeks of fighter training: late-night study sessions for two weeks, eight to ten hours a day in the simulators accruing certification... and of course, that epiphany during the Gunboat flight trial. The day after that, I finished off my Interceptor training and did the Bomber and Gunboat combat certifying. I actually did more than I should've, and received a mild talking-to from the adjutant instructor... and another one when I got home from my daughter. It was the latter that hit harder, and for the first time in nearly five years, I had to remind myself that there were much, much more important things in life than the Empire.

I'd tempered myself somewhat after that... and I was still no ultra-ace pilot. Hell, I wouldn't really be comfortable putting the lives of anyone I cared about in the care of my skills in the cockpit. Still, I worked my way up the ranks of Imperial fightercraft... the Avenger, the Defender, even the forbidden craft Thrawn designed... though purely as an academic exercise. Nevertheless, it had been an interesting beast to tame.

Ams looked up as I walked in. With me gone part of the day nearly a month, he'd been unfortunately forced into taking up the slack. But after this day, all would be right. And, of course, I'd done what I could in that time to make up for it. I was always home at night, so the twins got their bedtime stories in... Ams was a bit harder to compensate. He was usually too tired for our usual method, so I'd just try to help him out with whatever I could and be a little more supportive. After all, he was really going out to support me on this fighter training and transfer affair.

I looked him in the eye, and had to suppress an eager grin. "Flight Officer Candidate Shayera Jendob reporting, sir."

He seemed a bit nonplussed by the ceremony, but it only lasted a moment. Then he played along. "Your uniform reads as that of an Exarch, Flight Officer Candidate."

Imperial commissioning procedures were often tedious affairs, full of pomp, circumstance, and trite ceremony to instill any number of values that had already been drilled in, compacted, re-implanted, and the whole process repeated until you had good little Imperial officers, soldiers, sailors, crewmen, or pilots. Of course, Ams was still a bit by-the-book and also enjoy a good bit of theater. As a Supreme Moff, of course, he had the power to alter my rank and designator at will... but just this once, I'd be a good little traditional Imperial. At the very least, we'd have a good laugh about it.

"Then I request a change of my designator to the Intelligence Security Combat division, sir." Technically, proper address was my lord, but Ams and I both hated the lord/lady garbage. And since he was supposed to enjoy our little private ceremony, I wasn't going to force it on him.

He nodded, then stood. My tall, handsome husband (...Yeah, we need to mess around sooner rather than later...) walked around his desk and stood before me. Part of me was thrilled with the idea of my labor of nearly a month was complete... part of me wanted to ruin the moment for a good cause: to throw my arms around my husband and plant a good, long kiss on him. Down girl...

"It is my duty to inform you that you will be reduced in rank from Exarch to a grade as yet to be determined. In addition, do you have the proper certification in the requisite areas to make this transfer?" he asked. His voice was calm, cool... classic Coruscanti stiff upper lip. But his eyes betrayed him. He was holding back the goofy grins at this malarkey as much as I was.

"I understand, sir, and I wish to proceed. As for certification," I handed him the datapad. "For the Supreme Moff's review."

He read through the file. The first bits were marksmanship and hand-to-hand, he skimmed those... but I noticed as he reached my flight credentials, he actually took his time to study and absorb the information. "Qualified on all current Imperial Starfighter Corps vessels?"

"Yes sir!"

Okay, you're hamming it up a bit much. I said again, much softer, "Yes, sir."

I could tell from the rapidly suppressed upward twitch in his lips and what almost sounded like a cough that he almost burst out laughing. "Do we really need to do all of this?" he finally said.

"Well..." I sighed. "I thought you would like it."

Ams cocked an eyebrow, and there was a mischievous look in his eye. Not the rolling-around-in-bed look, either... but the I've-got-you-by-something-and-I'm-gonna-bug-you-with-it-just-for-fun look. "I would like it... what?"

"That you would like it sir." Smartass.

He placed the pad on his desk, and whispered, "Last chance to say no."

"No way in hell," I whispered back.

He stepped back. "Very well. Exarch Jendob, you are hereby reduced in rank and reassigned to the Security Combat divsion. Your position, however, will not change as per your transfer request."

I nodded. "Thank you, sir."

Finally, he cracked a smile. "That was the corniest bit of acting I've ever seen."

I had to laugh. "Well, now that I'm a lowly peon, now what?"

"I could do with a cup of coffee," he smirked as he sat down. "You are my personal assistant, right?"

I snapped my heels together and snapped off a salute. "As my lord commands," I teased. "Oh, and... should I start getting used to 'Lieutenant' again?"

Ams shrugged. "I need to think about it. Your training, your experience, service time... all come into play."

"If I include the lump of sugar without being asked, does that bode well for my upward mobility?" I joked.

He laughed. "Maybe. Of course, if you stand here talking about it rather than doing as your superior officer asks..."

"All right, I can take a hint... sir."

He looked at his desk terminal and began to type away at something. "Thank you, Shayera."

I turned and began walking toward the door. Just as I put one foot outside, he spoke again. "Oh, and congratulations on passing flight training... Colonel."

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Office Suite 41221-B (Imperial Palace)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: