}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Office Suite 41221-B (Imperial Palace)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Office Suite 41221-B (Imperial Palace)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, June 25th 2006 10:38pm    Post subject: Office Suite 41221-B (Imperial Palace)

I waited there, tapping my foot. I had just gotten back from Yinchorr, training with the Crimson Guard. Almost a year of hell in a handbasket...it was worth it though, from what the Grand Marshall told me, I'll be able to take anyone down up to early Force adepts in melee fighting.

My polished sandy brown Mandalorian armor glistened in the sunlight. I got the armor over a year ago, from the supposed Mandalore, Jaster Kelborn...the armor of Sgt. Kal Skirata who was my father.

I wondered how I must have looked to others...in full Mando gear...

I looked at the chrono in impatience. I got up and walked over to the window looking at the skyline...it was rather pretty in it's own sort of way. The way the sun shined off the polished metal of the Coruscantii structures, the reflections of light and shadow.

I stood there in utter silence waiting for Moff Jendob to arive to give me my new assignment.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Thu, July 27th 2006 01:36pm; edited 4 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 12:29am    Post subject:

I looked over at the tawny-armored man. His only identifying mark was the scarlet and blue badge at his breast. And, of course, being the only man in the Empire to wear that armor.
"Commodore Skirata," I greeted. "Good to see you again, though the armor doesn't exactly lend itself towards easy identification."
I looked into the black, T-visor for a moment. "What can I do for you, Commodore?"

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 12:36am    Post subject:

As the door opened and Moff Jendob entered the room I snapped to attention and saluted with machine precision.

"Commodore Skirata," I greeted. "Good to see you again, though the armor doesn't exactly lend itself towards easy identification."

I thought to myself, I am the only Mandalorian in the Empire...how much easier could it be?

"What can I do for you, Commodore?" he asked.

"I am reporting for duty, and any new orders or new assignments that the Empire will have me do."
I stood motionless awaiting his reply.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 12:46am    Post subject:

I smiled at the younger man. Eager as always, though a little colder now...
"Your report is duly noted, however, I do think that Admiral Treshan would be the far more appropriate choice for receiving orders."

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 12:52am    Post subject:

"Your report is duly noted, however, I do think that Admiral Treshan would be the far more appropriate choice for receiving orders."

"I was ordered by Grand Marshall Carnor Jax to report directly to you when the shuttle from Yinchorr touched down. I am unaware of his reasoning behind his desicion."

I silently thanked Grand Marshall Jax...his training regimen on Yinchorr helped me hone my combat skills, I am more focused than I have ever been.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Tue, June 27th 2006 12:53am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 01:02am    Post subject:

I nodded. "Understood. Right now, we're trying to rebuild the Empire's strength to combat the Rebellion and end the war quickly. Those fighters you designed should help," I informed him, half-congratulating him on his skill in designing the fighters.
"However, Marshal Jax and General Scyntor sent in recommendations naming you to command a joint-strike force," I continued. "That might have been his reason.
"And if so, then let him know it has my full backing."
I glanced at my chrono. It was a little after midday, and I still had plenty of work to be done.

Expand

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 01:09am    Post subject:

"Understood. Right now, we're trying to rebuild the Empire's strength to combat the Rebellion and end the war quickly. Those fighters you designed should help,"

I nodded in agreement. Half of that design was Captain Sheridan's idea...without him, I never would have gotten past the vector control thrusters.

"However, Marshal Jax and General Scyntor sent in recommendations naming you to command a joint-strike force, that might have been his reason.
"And if so, then let him know it has my full backing."

This got my full and undivided attention.
"Did they include the specifics of the Joint-strike force? Where it is, how many men and ships?"

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Tue, June 27th 2006 01:10am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 01:13am    Post subject:

I shook my head. "Not as of yet. It's still in the planning stages. They wanted approval from High Command before going any further.
"Perhaps you should ask them for the specifics," I suggested.

Expand

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Tue, June 27th 2006 01:17am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 01:18am    Post subject:

The voice of the Supreme Moff's secretary chimed through. "Sir, Grand Marshal Jax is on secure line 3 wishing to speak with you and Commodore Skirata - shall I put him through?"

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 01:25am    Post subject:

"Not as of yet. It's still in the planning stages. They wanted approval from High Command before going any further.
"Perhaps you should ask them for the specifics"

"Yes sir, I would like to know more about this so I can better serve the Empire."
Indeed I did, this sounded like I would finally get the job my Marines were trained for, taking the fight straight to the enemy and shoving our blasters down their throats.

At the interruption of the secretary I awaited to hear from the Grand Marshall and discuss this more.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 01:33am    Post subject:

I cursed inwardly, but I was in uniform and still had to do what the Empire needed.
"Put him through."

Expand

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 01:39am    Post subject:

A moment passed, then the holovid spran to life with the faceless helm of Grand Marshal Jax. Even though his features could not be seen, there was a discernable aura of playfulness about him... like a cat toying with a mouse.

"First of all, Supreme Moff, it might not be the wisest idea to try to continually avoid me. I might actually have something relevant to say - I'm not nearly as bad as the reports make me out to be."

the visage winked out to be replaced with a set of technical readouts. "I've run some numbers in a moment of time I've had while overseeing the next batch of IntelForce and Crimson Guard, and found that if we accomodate Sixteen Acclamator-class landers to Commodore Skirata, in addition to a standard planetary systems force, he would be able to handle virtually any mission set before him."

The holocams flipped back to Jax's helm, the posture changed just the slightest bit. "If I know you right, Ams, you were waiting on details in the hopes of stalling for time. However, I want to see this resolved. Any comments or concerns?"

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 01:48am    Post subject:

My eyes narrowed at the hologram. "I'm not attempting to avoid you, Grand Marshal, nor will I stall. I fully support this endeavor," I retorted, mostly annoyed at myself. "And I also appreciate your training my IntelForce troops. They'll be an invaluable addition to the Imperial ranks."
I paused, studying the shimmering a hologram. "Any concerns yourself, Grand Marshal?"

Expand

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Tue, June 27th 2006 01:52am    Post subject:

A moment of silence - perhaps consideration, perhaps just a delay between Coruscant and Yinchorr. "Nothing I care to speak about at the moment, Sir - certainly nothing of vital importance. However, at your earliest convenience I would like to speak to you again while you are off the clock."

Jax straightened, and bowed his head, the echo of his fist on his chestplate reverberating in the silence. "A full technical schematic with Colonel-General Scyntor's notes is being transmitted to your personal datafile, Supreme Moff, with CCs being shipped to Grand Admiral Treshan and Imperial Archives. Jax out."

And with that, the transmission winked out, leaving the room silent but for Ams and Skirata.

Expand

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Wed, June 28th 2006 05:03pm    Post subject:

After the tradeoff between the two men, I bid my farwell to the Moff as he dismissed me.

As I walked back to my ship, several things were going through my head.
A systems force...and sixteen Acclamators? They obviously place a good deal of faith in me and my abilities. Well I will not fail them.

The Alliance would soon face a swift and dangerous opponent...

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, June 29th 2006 01:20am    Post subject:

After Commodore Skirata departed, I took a moment to gather up a few datacards I'd need, then departed the office for my vehicle and home.
It was going to be a busy night. I still had a massive addition to the Army to budget in, Treshan's naval expansion plans to approve, as well as a new defense initiative. And after the budgetary work, I had to make sure to readd the roster after the recent server maintenance wipe, and update the online copy of the Imperial Handbook.
But, I could finally do it from home. And with Shayera close by. I cared deeply for the Empire, and was as devoted as any of the agents of the old COMPNOR bureau. However, instead of being devoted to indoctrination, I was devoted to the government itself. Maintaining, keeping it running through the years to come; all daunting tasks for a man who hadn't even seen his fortieth birthday, and was trying to be a husband to his beloved wife, and a father to his not even year-old twins.
Well, that's what you get for the gold bars and the paycheck, I mused. The money didn't really matter to me, though it certainly helped. Shy and I were already working out a trust fund for the twins, as well as putting money away for school. And even Supreme Moffs had bills to pay.
But what really mattered was being able to serve the institution I devoted so much of my life to, and that had rewarded me so generously in return. I also knew who it was that gave me my position, rank, and power, and sure never to forget it, much like my predecessor.
But, in the back of my mind, I always knew that Shayera and the twins would always be first. And it didn't bother me; instead, I found myself quite annoyed with officers who would place their career ahead of family.
And with that in mind, I got into my speeder and drove off towards home.

Expand

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Thu, June 29th 2006 03:49pm    Post subject:

The next morning, Grand Marshal Jax would be waiting outside the Supreme Moff's office, his form an intimidating presence as he stood in the glare of flourescent lights. Rather than be in his Sovereign Protector's armor, he would be wearing a rather simple outfit of black nanosilk, his double glaive held horizontally at the small of his back on a crimson leather double-strap belt.

A moment of silence, then the Sovereign Protector would snap to attention, clapping a fist over his heart and bowing slightly. "Good morning, Supreme Moff. I was hoping to get in a moment of conversation with you before you formally started today." For some reason, everything about the Grand Marshal, normally so very officious and, some might say uptight, was very relaxed.

A whisper of the Force would convey the same into Ams's mind, not enough to brainwash him of anything he had pending, but enough to cause the Supreme Moff a moments hesitation before blatantly disregarding the Grand Marshal outright. "I was hoping for your company while I led a calisthenics course for the garrisoned Crimson Guard."

Expand

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, June 29th 2006 04:01pm    Post subject:

I looked down slightly at the Grand Marshal. Last night had been long, working out the modifications of the Stormtrooper order of battle, as well as drafting a final version for IntelForce. Then there were the master and regional rosters to update. The Army budget still wasn't updated, but I was all right in that regard. I still had a day.
But calisthenics were not exactly what I had in mind. I had my own daily routine, which suited me well. But then again, it might be worth it to at least observe.
"For a few minutes, perhaps," I told the Grand Marshal. "I still have a good deal to do."

Expand

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Thu, June 29th 2006 04:13pm    Post subject:

Jax's perceptions picked up on the amount of tensions rolling through the Supreme Moff's mind. A slight smile touched his lips as he turned towards the Imperial Palace's training center, motioning for the Supreme Moff to follow him. "Perhaps, Ams, you should allow yourself a day or so to relax. It doesn't take a master analyst of human emotion and fatigue to see you are about to snap. Perhaps, rather than spending your free time poring over things yet to be done, you could take the initiave and tell your commanders to get the work done."

As the doors hissed open, Jax paused and turned back to look Ams in the eye. His presence seemed to grow then, until Ams's mind would begin to see Jax not in the light of a subordinate but as an equal. The Sovereign Protector's brown eyes met the Supreme Moff's, and his voice dropped to what many would perceive as a warning tone, though it was intended to be concerned. "You and I both know that once the Rebellion fires the first shot, none of us are going to be able to rest until they are all wiped out. You are under enough stress right now to give almost any other man a nervous breakdown - you need a vacation."

Jax stood virtually toe-to-toe with Ams, his hands clasped loosely behind his back, away from his glaive. There was in no way any threat in his words or actions, but there was the aura of intensity that was almost palpable against the Supreme Moff's skin.

Expand

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, June 30th 2006 12:00am    Post subject:

I opened my mouth to reply when my comlink crackled to life. An odd occurence to say the least, and it indicated a general distress frequency. I took it out of my pocket.
"--cial Agent Shelvay to all Imperial units on Coruscant," a woman's voice said. Her breathing was ragged and quick, as if she was running for her life. "Code Red, Imperial Military Dock 985-IPPA. Send assist--AAGH!"
There was a grunt of pain, and it went dead.
"Excuse me, Marshal," I said quickly, bolting back down the corridor to my speeder. En route, I contacted the First and Second Armies and ordered them to dispatch their nearest units to the scene. Then I alerted Commandant Shadowstalker.
Hopping into the vehicle, I throttled it up to maximum and headed towards the docks. There wasn't a moment to lose.

Expand

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, June 30th 2006 12:06am    Post subject:

Oh, no you don't. Not this time.

As the Supreme Moff sprinted off, so too did Jax. Straight for the hangar bay. With response to a hidden comlink, the TIE Defender was already alive and waiting, and when Jax jumped into the cockpit the Defender shot out of the hangar like a canon, headed straight for the dock. Rather than try to land it and pursue on foot, Jax started sweeping figure-8s over the primary exit bay.

"Attention Coruscant Air Security, Scramble TIE Defenders and Interceptors to Dock 985-IPPA, concussion missiles primes, weapons fully charged. This is a defector situation. Repeat, a defector situation; if ordered, shoot to kill."

The aftermarket repulsors located on the Defender's lower pylons angled to keep the fighter securely over the exit to the hangar bay, its sensor cloaking Nightshadow keeping it safely invisible, his seeker torpedoes already primed, ion cannons and lasers fully charged. He opened his mind to the Force, calming his hammering heart, soothing the adrenaline rush. This would NOT leave Coruscant.

Expand

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, July 27th 2006 02:33pm    Post subject:

"Where are they?" I wondered aloud. They were quite overdue, and I didn't have long to wait.
Shayera glanced up from her desk. "Who?"
"Isard and Solo."
Shy cringed. "Ugh... both of them?"
"My thoughts exactly," I laughed. Solo was unbearable to be around for any length of time, while Isard was so ruthless it made my blood run cold.
Shayera quickly changed the topic. "I've got a report here from Ord Mantell about those infiltrator units. Reports say they're working perfectly."
I nodded. "Good. They better after what they cost."
"Don't you think you could've made them less... creepy?" she asked.
She had a point. Out of their disguise, the units were a frightening sight for an enemy to behold, perhaps even more frightening in disguise. But then again, they were made to frighten. Tarkin had been right about one thing: fear. But not to control planets and keep civilians in line, but instead to strike terror into the hearts of the enemy soldiers, and make them run and lay down their arms.
I shook my head at her. "No, I don't think so. Maybe the Rebels need a good fright to knock this idealistic nonsense from their heads, and approach problems more pragmatically."
She just shrugged. "True... oh, great. Here they come."
I nodded, and opened up the door as Solo and Isard entered.

Expand

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Fri, July 28th 2006 12:34am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, July 27th 2006 02:55pm    Post subject:

As soon as the door slid aside, Han's posture went rigid and his face turned back into that expressionless mask that he was all too familiar with. The Supreme Moff was known for picking up on any kind of body language and twisting it to suit his own will. Han wanted to make sure that didn't happen and that this meeting went as smoothly as possible. Or as smoothly as it could considering who he was meeting with.

With a slight twist of his lip that might've been a sneer, Han stepped into the room. Hawky was also present and sulking about behind the desk. If she acted like any other normal avian species, the desk probably contained the nest where her hawklings slept. It would be convienent too - expose the kids to the Imperial arena right from birth. Then again, Han wouldn't be all that surprised if it were true.

"Never imagined I'd be seeing ya so soon, Moff," he pointed out in a dark tone. "What happened? Did all the pressure finally make you cave?"

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, July 27th 2006 03:10pm    Post subject:

I merely smirked at Solo. "Not at all, Commander. I'm actually doing the Alliance a favor."
I anticipated him attempting to needle me. But it wasn't going to work. He was on my turf, on my terms. And I was going to make the arrogant son of an Ewok very aware of it.
"In any case, the choice is yours... back to your crumbling little democracy, or stay here?" I asked calmly.

Expand

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, July 27th 2006 03:32pm    Post subject:

Han stood stupidly for a moment with his brow furrowed before responding to the Moff's words. "You're lettin' me decide?" he pointed to his chest with a scoff. "Whatever happened to Imperial captivity and not havin' a choice?"

If truth be told, Han was torn on a decision. Sure, he wanted to return to the Alliance and most importantly to Leia, but something was telling him 'no.' Something that wasn't apart of him before and something that was stirred with Isard's preaching to him in both the med bay and the restaurant earlier today. According to her words, the Alliance had been lying to him all along and never wanted him. But his little tenure on the Holonet proved otherwise. So really, what was it he wanted? In all reality, both sides could be lying.

"Did you talk to Leia?" Han inquired suddenly, changing the subject to allow himself time to think. "I doubt you would've called me in here to discuss this otherwise."

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Office Suite 41221-B (Imperial Palace)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: