}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
WWII Mafia game thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » WWII Mafia game thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sun, March 08th 2009 07:25pm    Post subject:

Xaph wrote:
I know. That's why I am 100 percent fine with being lynched today, but I would at least like to stay in the game long enough to discuss the possiblity of Alex and Tiara being scum. They've acted the scummiest -- especially Tiara, who's accusing me of scummy behaviour, while displaying the exact same aggressiveness he considers to be scummy in the first place. If you guys feel my roleclaim is not good enough, then by all means, lynch me. However, *I* will have nothing to lose: you'll see I'm telling the truth and you'll be back to square one. I propose that at least delay that and stay on square one for a while rather than trying to hop off it only to fall back onto it...

...wow, my metaphors suck. They're like a blimp trying to make out with a bicycle :p

Now you're grasping at straws. Yes, I went after you but no I am not displaying the same behaviour. I waited and analysed the clues as well as observing what everyone else was doing before I weighed in because I believed that you fit the clues the best.

You on the other hand made a vote in the third post after the paper based on a random piece of information which could have meant any number of people. Exactly the same as you did last time. As we will recall; last time you gave a fairly convincing role claim after making a random accusation and everyone turned completely away from you and started lynching townies one by one because they believed your role claim completely.

I would suggest that everyone lynch Xaph. If he is a 'cultmason' with no special powers other than appearing guilty, we haven't lost that much. The best thing about the masons is their ability to talk during the night ... with only one as he claims, their greatest advantage is lost. If he is scum, we've got a scum lynch on day one.

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, March 08th 2009 08:35pm    Post subject:

You're assuming that he's either a mason or scum. What if he's neither? What if he's the cop or the doctor? Obviously he wouldn't want to blab that to the mafia, 'cuz even if we didn't lynch him he'd be dead the next night. We still have to be careful.

*Stabs Wedge repeatedly* :P Now everybody's happy. - Lazer

In Soviet Russia, Force uses you! :P - Kypjargon

Sarin, you ***** *** pansy, you screw with me, you screw with my GIANT LASER GUN. - Xaph, imitating Commander Shepard
 Back to top »
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sun, March 08th 2009 08:54pm    Post subject:

So you're giving him the benefit of the doubt based on what reason exactly?

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, March 08th 2009 09:33pm    Post subject:

I'm just saying that you can't assume anything in a mafia game. You're automatically putting Xaph into one of two categories:

A. Scum
B. His roleclaim, which you state is useless

What evidence do you have that he isn't a doctor or cop?

Sarin, you ***** *** pansy, you screw with me, you screw with my GIANT LASER GUN. - Xaph, imitating Commander Shepard
 Back to top »
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sun, March 08th 2009 09:37pm    Post subject:

I didn't say his roleclaim is useless, I said his role is.

You and I are both making assumptions.

You are assuming that you can't trust his his roleclaim, but are also assuming that he isn't Mafia.

I am assuming that his roleclaim can't be trusted and by extenstion that he is Mafia.

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sun, March 08th 2009 09:39pm    Post subject:

And to answer your question, there isn't any evidence that he isn't the Doctor or Cop but there is more evidence, circumstantial though it may be, that he is Mafia based on the clues in the newspapers.

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, March 08th 2009 09:50pm    Post subject:

I almost want lynch dudop, considering he's inactive anyhow and might explain the late start.

I'm unconvinced by either of you, honestly.

Now that we've seen Xaph's roleclaim, how about Tiara's?

Vote: Tiara Tranada.

2084rpg.net - Business, science, intrigue, and rebellion.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, March 08th 2009 09:51pm    Post subject:

Quote:
he is Mafia based on the clues in the newspapers.

I suppose so...

Back to top »
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Mon, March 09th 2009 06:45am    Post subject:

Tiara Tranada wrote:

Now you're grasping at straws. Yes, I went after you but no I am not displaying the same behaviour.

Yes, you are. You're baying for my blood, extremely aggressively, as you later prove in that post.

Quote:
I waited and analysed the clue

And I just jumped in with a random clue that I spotted and recognized from the last game. That's how Mafia games start, with random votes. You 'analysed' the clue in so much as you waited until you could accuse someone and link them to the clues.

Quote:
as well as observing what everyone else was doing before I weighed in because I believed that you fit the clues the best.

Really? Your little 'wow, Xaph is a bounty hunter' clue? Like I said, most characters in this game are soldiers, mercs, bounty hunters...only one is a spy (that is still alive, and to my knowledge, I could be wrong). And Falleen = Panther? Even I don't get that one.

Quote:
You on the other hand made a vote in the third post after the paper based on a random piece of information which could have meant any number of people.

...no, it could have meant any of TWO people. You're getting my clue (SPY) mixed up with your clue (MERC). I flipped a coin, and I picked to go after Arlyn, which seems to have made you defensive.

Quote:
Exactly the same as you did last time.

And I do every time. Do you suggest that I'm scum in every game I'm in? I'm not one for sitting around waiting for other people to post.

Quote:
As we will recall; last time you gave a fairly convincing role claim after making a random accusation and everyone turned completely away from you and started lynching townies one by one because they believed your role claim completely.

That's true, and it's also why I'm offering to be lynched for the benefit of the town. However, I would like to stay alive long enough to see your roleclaim.

Quote:
I would suggest that everyone lynch Xaph.

You're about to say something really stupid...

Quote:
If he is a 'cultmason' with no special powers other than appearing guilty, we haven't lost that much. The best thing about the masons is their ability to talk during the night ... with only one as he claims, their greatest advantage is lost.

You JUST said the following: "Let's lynch Xaph. If he's a townie, we've only lost a townie." No, no, no. This is NEVER the attitude of a real town member -- however forward you may be, however aggressive a player you are, townies DO NOT justify killing other townies, especially on day one.

Quote:
If he is scum, we've got a scum lynch on day one.

And if you're scum, we'll get much the same.

This post is continuing to make me increasingly suspicous of Tiara. While Dudop and Derek probably fit the Inactive Mafia theory the best, but Tiara has acted the most suspicously throughout the day, which is why I want a roleclaim. Now, I'm going to try putting into words a feeling, so bare with me for a second here :p

I started off the game with a random vote based on a possible clue in the paper, while others found other clues (which I saw as far more tenuous) which also pointed towards this person. I was asking for a roleclaim.
Now, Tiara saw this as an aggressive style and pressed me for a roleclaim. Now, here's the thing: I had no problem with this claim. This is because I know I'm telling the truth, and I know even if I get lynched, you guys will find this out. So I have roleclaimed, and then asked again for Arlyn's roleclaim.

Now, the thing is, I asked for a roleclaim. That was it. Tiara asked for a roleclaim, then after getting it, looked for a lynch without even so much as commenting on the possibility of my roleclaim being true. Tiara's mind was made up from the beginning about whether or not he would press to lynch me. He even says that I won't be that great a loss to the town -- simply because I don't have a power. This is not town behaviour.

So why did Tiara accuse me of acting suspicious? For asking for a roleclaim, which he then asked for and went a step further. And the roleclaim wasn't even on him. This is why I think that Tiara has a vested interest in Arlyn not roleclaiming, and I strongly believe this is because they are both scum. Now, Arlyn has not posted much (turning into a possible Inactive Mafia candidate?), but Tiara has, and I feel that we should get a roleclaim, and even then, if Tiara still continues to exclaim that I'm scum, and we lynch me, then afterwards, you guys will know who to target after you see I've roleclaimed.

And to add to this hyperlong post :p Tiara has not commented on his roleclaim which seems to be fast approaching. This is anecdotal evidence, I will admit, but from the mafia games I have played, I know this to be scummy behaviour. Scum don't like roleclaims because they see all the possible things that can go wrong. And they're also afraid of commenting on them, because they are just as afraid of appearing over defensive as they are of over aggressive. However, I feel Tiara cares more about the first than the second, which is why I would like a roleclaim.

Unvote: Arlyn
Vote: Tiara
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, March 09th 2009 03:34pm    Post subject:

I believe you Xaph, though Tiara was a spy...
Though that clue is bogus, as it can apply to many of us, I think.

Unvote: Xaph
Vote: Tiara
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Mon, March 09th 2009 05:27pm    Post subject:

I believe that is three, though Xaph voted twice :P

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Mon, March 09th 2009 06:30pm    Post subject:

Tiara Tranada wrote:
I believe that is three, though Xaph voted twice :P

No, I voted once for Arlyn, then unvoted and voted you...
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, March 09th 2009 06:55pm    Post subject:

I believe Xaph is right about Tiara's "we'll only be lynching a townie if Xaph's roleclaim is true" attitude.

Unvote: Arlyn
Vote: Tiara Tranada

Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Mon, March 09th 2009 07:28pm    Post subject:

There's four. Let's see it.

2084rpg.net - Business, science, intrigue, and rebellion.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kilvec Ordo
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon, March 09th 2009 11:21pm    Post subject:

*drum roll*

Kilvec Ordo

Chief Commander of the Citadel Krytocracy

"You just broke physics."-Peyr Baelish

"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of Kilvec's nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Gustaf Koehler." -Alexus
 Back to top »
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Tue, March 10th 2009 03:49am    Post subject:

Quote:
You are Iosif Stalin – Soviet Premier (Town). Can investigate one person per night.

The doctor/other protective role had better have my back on the nights from now on.

I investigated Xaph last night and he returned a guilty investigation. To me, guilty = lynch.

Now will somebody please unvote so the Mafia don't get a chance to bump me off.

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Tue, March 10th 2009 02:25pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Now will somebody please unvote so the Mafia don't get a chance to bump me off.

If they do, they're opening themselves up to being lynched. Don't worry about it. Before we take the pressure off of you, I want to make sure everyone gets a chance to counterclaim. First, I want to ask this:

Has anyone else gotten a Russian role?

I don't think we need a 3-voter to answer, but we've seen Allies (town) and Germans (shows up as scum), so I'm guessing that scum are German. Now, if anyone else is Russian, and noone counter-claims Stalin, we know your Stalin, but the one thing I'm wondering is really whether or not you are a cop...since your only evidence is something that I publicly admitted to. The one way of finding that out is having someone counterclaim as a cop, which would then open them up to a nightkill, but in return for lynching, if not a cop, then a liar.

So, does anyone want to admit to being Russian, Stalin, or a cop?
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Tue, March 10th 2009 02:58pm    Post subject:

I'm not a Russian, though technically, I was vote number four. Carlist was vote number five.

It went: Derek, Petyr, Xaph, Me, then Carlist.
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Tue, March 10th 2009 04:53pm    Post subject:

Frak...
The Master
Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, March 10th 2009 05:27pm    Post subject:

The townspeople encircle Tiara Tranada (Iosif Stalin, Cop) and shoot him several times before giving him a few good kicks and tearing off his limbs.

The troubled townies go to their beds and the Mafia begin to plot once more...

It is now Night 1.

--John Saxon--
Legitimate businessman, family man

(Also, wants to rule Universe with iron fist)

"*hugs Alexus* You are so my favorite player" - Nev.

Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Wed, March 11th 2009 03:51am    Post subject:

:evil: told you

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, March 11th 2009 12:19pm    Post subject:

So was Carlist aware of that, or did he do it by mistake?

Yes, I exist now.
The Master
Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, March 11th 2009 12:46pm    Post subject:

It's night, guys - fingers on lips.

--John Saxon--

Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Kilvec Ordo
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed, March 11th 2009 05:48pm    Post subject:

LOL, killed by poor addition. :P

Kilvec Ordo

Chief Commander of the Citadel Krytocracy

"You just broke physics."-Peyr Baelish

"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of Kilvec's nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Gustaf Koehler." -Alexus
 Back to top »
The Master
Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, March 12th 2009 01:29pm    Post subject:

--John Saxon--

Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » WWII Mafia game thread
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: