}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
An Announcement from the Imperial Ball
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » An Announcement from the Imperial Ball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat, October 04th 2008 07:19pm    Post subject: An Announcement from the Imperial Ball

A face resolves, to the horror and confusion (or delight) of trillions. It is a face not seen since the closing days of the Clone Wars, unknown for over three decades. But at that time, it represented peace, goodness, stability, the Republic way in the face of Separatist atrocities and butchery.

Perhaps most ironic was that those who would reuse the tools of the Separatists were the man's most violent opponents who also styled themselves as champions of good and people Galaxy-wide.

The man spoke, his intense blue eyes seeming to reach out across the lightyears and burn into the souls of those viewing.

"Greetings. I am Palpatine, Emperor of the Galactic Empire. This is not an illusion or a trick of holoimagery. I stand before you now to inform you of my return to power and what that entails for each and every one of you.

"I know some of you are alarmed or even frightened. But please don't be. I have little doubt that in the coming days, those who have traditionally opposed peace and progress in our Galaxy will unleash their propaganda machines once again. Those who cannot let go of the past and embrace the future--dangerous reactionary minds who seek to control you under the guise of democracy--will do everything they can to prevent the truth from reaching you.

"But you need not fear them much longer. Unlike the Rebellion, we are a government of action. If there is a problem, it is addressed immediately instead of debated in committee while planets starve, burn, and die. I nearly lost my home world of Naboo to this nonsense, and I will not have it happen on any world that places peace, security, and the welfare of its people over nebulous and childish ideals that only invite disaster.

"The Empire values loyalty when it is well-placed," he paused for a moment. "Most of our detractors do not. They encourage dissension, sedition, and terrorism... and then call a legitimate military action a massacre when only military targets are involved. They tell those who are different that they are wrong, or defective, or deficient. They allow open slander and hate speech under the guise of 'protected rights' when it serves no purpose other than winning a Senate seat or catharsis."

He smiled again, though his voice never lost its pleasant tone. "If you don't believe me, simply search for public Rebel communiques made by such luminaries as Lucious Victorinox, Han Solo, and Alatáriël Pallanén. Now, were such comments made about Rebel personnel, there would no doubt be numerous assassination attempts and terrorist attacks. But the Empire does not care much about the ravings of the criminally insane... and make no mistake. They are truly criminals."

Palpatine's gaze fixed on someone behind the focus of the camera. "They claim loyalty and service to whatever cause will protect them or line their pockets, but in the end," his gaze scanned an unseen crowd as he finished. "They serve themselves."

"Of course, they do so at the expense of millions, even billions of sentients. For instance, at this Imperial Ball is a man who has brought untold suffering onto the people that trust him. He did this by an act of betrayal.

The Emperor fixed his gaze on another off-camera entity, blue eyes blazing with the intensity of vitrolic accusation. "Jahan Stresemann. He is the traitor to his people and to those who entrusted him with great responsibility, both within and without the Nespis Republic.

"It is by his hand that I must now take this regrettable action. Henceforth, the Galactic Empire is in a state of war with the Nespis Republic!"

In the window behind him, space itself seemed to contort but the feed is cut off before anything can be effectively seen.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sat, October 04th 2008 07:25pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » An Announcement from the Imperial Ball
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: