}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Imperial Palace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Imperial Palace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun, September 23rd 2007 12:40am    Post subject:

More parlor tricks. They had to end.

Palpatine extended his hand toward Jax, small tendrils of lightning leaping forth from his fingertips. But instead of surging towards the offending Sith, they collected in palm of their creator. The process had to be rushed, as the lightsabers still screamed towards him.

The former Emperor's hand began to quake as it tried to contain and control the Dark energies he called upon. The effort grew exponentially by the instant as the lightsabers grew nearer.

That's when Palpatine realized he had never done this before. But something within him was making him do this. He embraced the darkness openly, and then the energy collecting in his hand exploded toward Jax. A glowing beam, a harsh blue-white in color, plunged into the Protector's midsection. Arcs of dark lightning ripped across and through his body. Flashes from within caused Palpatine to briefly glimpse parts of the man's skeleton, shining through his cloak and armor. The lightsabers, both those in his hand and those now almost touching the Sith, dropped to the floor, deactivated.

The power surged from the Sith Lord into his victim, yet Palpatine himself began to feel weaker. He watched in horror as his hand began to turn gaunt and aged. With all of his power, he slammed shut the connection to the Darkness... and collapsed. As he did so, he noticed a rain of white and red hair around him. He jerked his head up to see what had become of Jax, and was pleased to see his new prey on the floor, bolts of energy still arcing weakly across his body.

The one-time Emperor rose to his feet, his hand on his own weapon. "Enough! You will submit to me," he hissed, his voice sounding as it had thirty years before. "Or you will die."

He looked around the room at Vader and Avaritus. "You will all submit to me!" he bellowed, not in anger but to ensure he was heard. "Kneel before your new master."

Ugh... this sucks, but I'm so screwed up on NyQuil right now... maybe I'll fix it in a little bit.

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sat, September 29th 2007 11:12pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat, October 06th 2007 06:01pm    Post subject:

The Force warped with the surge of the Dark Side emanating from Palpatine, throwing the lightsabers off course and sending them clanging harmlessly to the floor of the throne room. With the focus the former Sovereign Protector was keeping on keeping his chest from caving in, he was unable to cross his lightsabers in time to deflect the attack of concentrated Force Lightning. It hit him full-force, sending a faint violet nimbus enveloping his form.

The pain was... interesting. The initial shock overloaded the stimulus centers of his brain, giving him a brief but intense sensation, a violent surge of anguish throughout his entire body. That moment felt like hours, though, but he kept enough of his sanity to keep his tongue in check. He would not give Palpatine the pleasure of his screaming, he would not tell the Emperor exactly how much pain he was in.

He collapsed to the floor, breath locked in his lungs as he tried to restore control to his muscles. His black combat robes mingled with the floor, giving his body a faintly aetherial look to his frame. The faint bolts of lightning still acring across his skin added to the effect, and finally the harsh sound of his breathing filled the space. His voice was soft, almost too soft to be heard, and it took every bit of his energy fo say these last words.

"I... would rather die... than serve... an unknowing Master. Vader... may not... be as powerful... but he knew... what I could do. He... recognized... my talent... and let me try to succeed... where he failed... with Avaritus. If you will... not acknowledge... my superiority... to these other Sith... then you can kill... me... now..."

As the last word escaped his lips his strength gave out, and with a muffled thud he collapsed to the black marble floor. The last of the electrical arcs flickered and died, leaving his deathly still form silent and alone in the middle of the throne room, head towards Palpatine, feet towards the throne... a fallen warrior defending his Empire, and only the faint rasp of his breathing told anyone that he was still alive.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, October 27th 2007 01:35pm    Post subject:

Avaritus stood as still and silent as stone as he watched Carnor fall, the only sound penetrating the silence was the drone of several ignited lightsabers, the sound put off by the blades seemingly magnified. Avaritus stared at Jax uncomprehending as for the first time he tried to quell the anger rising in him. The last few years, he had planned, and plotted and manipulated just to get Jax to the point where he could defeat Vader and take over the Empire.

He had cast away all thought of self-preservation, and taught Jax nearly everything he had learned in order to make the man stronger than Vader. It had succeeded. Jax was indeed better than Vader, much better than Avaritus himself was, and he had the suspicion that had the plan worked, he would not have been long for the world... But now it was all undone. Years of training and planning destroyed by the appearance of a dead man. It made him nauseous.

With physical effort, he restrained himself from running forward to his death, and simply shut down his lightsaber, clipping it back onto his belt. He didn't dare attack Palpatine now.

Rory says:
Darth Avaritus: Sith Lord, Dark Apprentice, Field-Goal Kicker

Expand

---
"We worked it out. Ams and I are equall awesome, just in different fields... though we both admit defeat in the "Creative Ruthlessness" category. The winner of that trophy is undoubtedly Lord Avaritus, with his "punt t3h hed" routine." - Carnor Jax
 Back to top »
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat, October 27th 2007 01:47pm    Post subject:

The Sith Lord scoffed at the fallen warrior's words. "Brave words, but misguided, my young apprentice."

He drew his lightsaber once more, gently tapping the activation stud. As the evil hum filled the air, he addressed his former apprentice and the young Avaritus. "Submit to me, or perish."
 Back to top »
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, November 02nd 2007 10:19pm    Post subject:

Avaritus glared at Palpatine for a few seconds, allowing himself to feel the burning anger welling up inside of him, before shutting his emotions out completely.

Taking a deep breath, he simply said, "As you wish...Master," barely stopping himself from spitting as he said it.

Rory says:
Darth Avaritus: Sith Lord, Dark Apprentice, Field-Goal Kicker

Expand

---
"We worked it out. Ams and I are equall awesome, just in different fields... though we both admit defeat in the "Creative Ruthlessness" category. The winner of that trophy is undoubtedly Lord Avaritus, with his "punt t3h hed" routine." - Carnor Jax
 Back to top »
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Thu, November 15th 2007 07:16pm    Post subject:

The Sith Lord's harsh demeanor vanished, and he nodded to the younger man. "Good. Good. Your anger will serve you well, my apprentice," he noted in fatherly tones, his voice now liquid silver instead of harsh and grating.

He turned toward the last obstacle to his Empire, to his throne. Vader. The anger and hatred streaming off the cyborg was palpable. To Palpatine, it was sweeter than the finest wines. It sustained him, it fueled him just as much as it stoked the fires in Vader's soul.

And to make sure Vader was fully aware of his pleasure, he smiled. "I feel your anger. Your hate. Your frustration at your prize being taken back from you. Come, Lord Vader. Take back the throne.

"Show yourself to be a true Sith. I sense your hesitation. Your weakness," the snowy-haired man goaded, his eyes slowly morphing from a deep blue to a demonic golden-red. "Prove yourself worthy to lead my Empire! They will not interfere. Show that you were ever worthy to call yourself Sith, to call yourself my apprentice."

The mechanical man's sole reply was to raise his hand, and flex his fingers in a beckoning motion as a low hiss escaped his respiration equipment. Resolve galvanized, and quickly his inner heart became obscured to Palpatine. Vader was committed to the fight. And his former master was willing to oblige his pupil.

The two men leapt toward each other, their crimson blades meeting in a hissing thunderclap in midair. The blades locked, and each Sith Lord sought to overcome the other, each possessed by the fury of the Dark Side. At a meter off the ground, with no progress made, Palpatine struck first. He drove his knee into the cybernetic gullet of his foe, knocking Vader back and off balance. However, Vader compensated by lurching forward and brutally smiting the clone's blade with his own. The force of impact knocked Palpatine down, and Vader moved in for the kill.

But the Sith Lord was not about to fall so easily. He rolled to his feet as Vader's scintillating blade embedded itself in the floor. He thrust into the Sith with his weapon, but found the Juyo attack parried by Vader's mastery of Djem-So. The blades recoiled, then swung forth again, hissing and squealing with each explosive contact. The blades sang with each movement, forming a hellish melody of impending death. Both men were out for blood, out to kill. Palpatine snarled, stabbed, and employed the lethal finesse that had almost instantly dispatched three of the best swordsmen the old Jedi Order had to offer over a quarter century ago, and even brought the famed and "infallible" Yoda to his knees. Vader, however, used his raw strength granted to him by his mechanical limbs, automated life processes, and raw hatred for his old master and said naught. A glowing scarlet nimbus surrounded the dueling Sith as their blade strokes grew faster, harder, and more driven; the nimbus formed by lightsaber blades blurred to long arcs with their rapid movement.

The, suddenly, it was over. A pair of gauntleted hands with a good several centimeters of forearm attached lay on the floor. One still clutched an active lightsaber, the other was empty. Palpatine cackled as Vader sank to his knees with a short cry of pain and disbelief. "You are beaten," he hissed gleefully as his deep red blade hovered millimeters from Vader's armored throat. Smoke rose from the singed edges of Vader's tunic forearms; neatly severed wires, tubes, and metal bones glowing softly.

But, disarmed as he was, the fallen Sith was defiant. "Then kill me," his deep voice bellowed through the rythmic pumping of his respirator.

The elder man's hand twitched for a moment, but he regained control. "No," he breathed, slowly surfacing above dark pit he had been immersed in just moments before. His eyes slowly drifted to their blue hue. "No, Lord Vader. Though that is the tradition, I have little time for it anymore. You, unfortunately, are still far too useful to discard like a random soldier.

"No, you still have a function to serve in my Empire," he admitted while mentally extinguishing Vader's still active blade. He turned to look at Avaritus and Jax, then back to Vader. "You all have a use."

He reached out toward Jax through the Force, rousing the fallen warrior from his unconscious state. "Rise, Lord Olethros. There is much to discuss..."

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sat, December 08th 2007 10:10pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Sun, December 09th 2007 12:14pm    Post subject:

The Sovereign Protector's eyes snapped open, his body tensing to keep from moving as he ascertained his surroundings. He was... alive. Uninjured, save for the ache roving through his muscles. But why? He had defied the command of his once-Emperor, and had paid the price with that violent blast of lightning. So why was he not dead?

Rise, Lord Olethros. There is much to discuss.

Those words filtered through to his conscious, and the first reaction was astonishment. Not only had Palpatine left him alive, but the man had called him "Lord." This held a strange combination of fear and anxiety, the likes of which he had not felt since his duel years before against Alum Frost. The need to serve the Empire and its ideals had waned since those days, but he still held firm to the Imperiocentric ideology that had been trained into him first by the Stormtroopers, then the trainers on Yinchorr.

He has recognized your talents, Olethros. Your passion, your darkness, your skill. You have done well, and your reward is neigh. Patience is the key, now, listen to what he can teach. Learn all you can. And when he teaches you no more... kill him.

An imperceptible nod, and Carnor Jax rose to his feet in a seamless motion, the tension melting from his muscles and face as he lifted a hand. Twin lightsabers, short shafts of black-enameled durasteel, shot to his outstretched palm, hovering over the creased skin in a slow, sympathetic orbit. First one was grasped, returning to his belt, then the other reached his palm. But then, he noticed something he hadn't before.

Turning, he faced the form of Darth Vader, kneeling on the floor... hands laying a short distance away. The silver blade erupted to life, and with an inexorable slowness he paced towards the Dark Lord. The Sovereign Protector gazed into those cold eye visors, the fount of light snapping up to bring its terminal curve before those lifeless orbs. His voice came slow, but while it came from Jax's lips it was not his voice... rather, it was the voice in his head. Calmer, cooler, and so much more deadly.

"Vader... your defiance of the one true Emperor bears a price. For any other, the price would have meant an execution either at my hands, or the hands of my Brothers. My words from before still hold true, and you have lost my respect. You are not fit for the throne." The blade remained rock steady, then suddenly extinguished, returning to his belt. That gaze never wavered as the Sovereign Protector dropped a hand to his belt, pressing a concealed button; an emergency summons of dire need.

"However, I am still bound to protect those that seek to serve the Empire. The Emperor has seen fit to keep you alive, and I shall not betray his vision the way you did. I am above such petty emotions as mindless retribution. You will be rebuilt, and emerge with the strength you had as His Apprentice." An emergency team of 'droids burst through the door, carrying with them a medical capsule. Just outside, on the Emperor's personal landing pad, a shuttle was priming its engines to take the stricken being to EmPal SuRecon, where his limbs would be rebuilt and Vader would be made whole once more. Olethros turned to face Palpatine, walking towards the man, and in an effortless motion he sank to a knee, bowing his head.

"Fidelity sworn to my one Emperor, on my life."

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun, December 09th 2007 01:49pm    Post subject:

Palpatine raised his hand to the droids. "Hold," he commanded. "I require Lord Vader's presence for a moment."

He strode to the Imperial Throne, literal seat of power for the Galactic Empire, pondering about the apparent remodeling of his throne room. No matter, there were more important things to take care of at the moment.

As he sat, he addressed the three Sith. "I'm sure you are all familar with Darth Bane's 'Rule of Two'?"

Last edited by Palpatine on Sun, December 09th 2007 01:52pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Sun, December 09th 2007 02:03pm    Post subject:

Jax rose, his arms folding across his chest. Pacing towards the throne, he dimly heard Avaritus doing the same as he approached. The words rang through, the slow rasp of Vader's labored mechanical breathing lending a current of white noise to the space. The 'droids were old, before Palpatine had died the first time, and so still responded to his commands.

"The archives on Korriban had mentioned it... 'One to embody the power, the other to crave it.' I assume that you have a different ideology in mind?" The conclusion was approached rather readily - Vader was still alive, as was Jax... and given the fight that had just transpired, it seemed unlikely that the Emperor would send him back to Yinchorr.

Expand

Back to top »
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun, December 16th 2007 10:41pm    Post subject:

"Yes, first put into formal practice by Lord Bane in the wake of Ruusan, but the idea stretches back to Lord Revan," Palpatine confirmed, teaching his new pupils. Vader was already familiar with the practice, even if he'd skirted around it more than once.

"Revan and Bane were fools," he hissed suddenly. "They took the failures of weaker Sith, as well as their own shortcomings to force a dangerous practice on the Sith. But it ends here. To have but two Sith, a Master and Apprentice, is foolhardy. There are dangers neither man foresaw.

"Perhaps most... insidious, is the threat of revoking the Dark. There are some weak-minded fools who would think to reject the Dark Side after being shown its power. Revan was among them, and because of him, the Sith Empire evaporated," the Sith Lord explained. "I will not allow that to happen."

Palpatine actually cared little for Sith tradition anymore. The trappings were useful during his rise. It gave his minions something to believe in, a ritual to hold to and secure their loyalty. But once his seat of power was secure, he cast aside anything that didn't directly augment his power. The rites of ascension were especially useless. He had no intentions of anyone else ruling his Empire, and the fact that said rite did call for handing off power...

Some things were best left those who cared about tradition. "Therefore, I will permit all of you to retain your Sith title and status," he continued, making a clear point that their power rested entirely in his hands and at his whim. "Lord Vader, despite your treason, I cannot deny you are the most powerful apprentice I have had, nor can I deny your own attainment of the rank of Sith Master. Therefore, you will serve no longer as my apprentice, but as my lieutenant. A Master in your own right, but you will still," and always Palpatine mused silently, "be subordinate to me.

"Lord Avaritus, you will be Vader's apprentice. He will be your master, and he will remain your master until I determine you are ready to advance. This foolish assassination ritual merely plays into the hands of the Jedi.

"And finally, Lord Olethros. Your combat skill is impressive, if your mastery of the Force itself is not," critiqued the older man. "You will be my personal apprentice. And know I will not suffer treachery lightly, Olethros. I recall when you were but a trainee in the Squall, and you are certainly a strong-willed one to be capable of thinking of betraying me or Lord Vader in spite of your training. But even if your blade should find its mark some day, I will return. And I will ensure that you suffer exquisitely before ultimately expiring," Palpatine ruminated as if he were recounting a fond memory.

He cast one more gaze across the assembled Sith. "The Rebellion's death is nigh. The Sith shall rule the Galaxy unchallenged. The Jedi will die their final death, and pass on into a minor historical footnote. And you will all have a hand in making it come to pass. Vader, you will resume your post as Executor. Olethros, I have something special for you given your experience with the Guards. And Avaritus, you will be my enforcer when your skills are required over the brute force exerted by my military or Lords Vader and Olethros.

"The future has arrived, and it shall be wrought in our image, the image of the Sith. None shall stand before our power!"

A broad smile crossed his lips. "We shall know unlimited power. And the Galaxy will finally be under absolute and total Sith control. Now go forth and speak of this to no one. I have my own designs on letting the Galaxy know that its master has returned."

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Tue, August 05th 2008 10:40am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Mara Jade
Private

Post Posted: Wed, January 09th 2008 07:10pm    Post subject:

A single needle-shaped airspeeder jetted into the protected airspace around the Imperial Palace, the sunlight glancing off of its shadow-black armour plating – Mara sighed issuing the personal access codes that were issued to her service as the Emperors Hand she decelerated as she speared through the boundaries of the Palace circling upwards to the landing pad jutting out of one of the higher spires of the Palace itself. The pain from the freshly reactivated force link had begun to increase in its intensity as she’d approached the palace, she could feel the sheer presence of her master so intensely through the force that her sense were becoming completely blurred this close to him.

Wincing lightly, she shook her head to clear the pain, the Royal Guard standing sentry at the landing pad peeled aside as she approached the entryway to the Royal chambers allowing her pass between them – she kept her hands held at her side she entered the Emperors throne room. The high backed throne was turned away from her as she entered – she could see the dark armoured Carnor Jax standing in the shadows, but no sign of Lord Avaritus or Vader, the Sovereign-Protector-cum-Sith inclined his head in greetings as the throne wheeled round. Palpatine’s face was pulled into a wide smile as he looked her over, she bowed low dropping onto one knee, her hair falling across her shoulders as she inclined her head “I have come as summoned, my Master.”
 Back to top »
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Wed, January 09th 2008 11:02pm    Post subject:

The Sith Lord turned his chair around to gaze upon the kneeling woman. "Good, good. It is pleasing to see you again, Mara. Rise."

The handsome redheaded woman was one his best agents, known as "Emperor's Hands." Of course, each believed he or she was unique, the sole servant of the throne in their capacity. Palpatine was gratified to find that Vader had not destroyed the illusion.

Mara was especially effective because she simply didn't look the part of an assassin, nor did she behave so in the Emperor's court. Most had believed her a bauble, a piece of Imperial eyecandy for Palpatine to look upon from time to time.

Only a few suspected her role was more than that, and they were wise enough to know better than to suspect any further lest problems arise for them.
 Back to top »
Mara Jade
Private

Post Posted: Thu, January 10th 2008 08:52am    Post subject:

Mara rose to her feet inclining her head gently, “You summoned me my Master?” her brain ached in direct presence of the Emperor she could feel the emotions he left unguarded perhaps pride, or self-satisfaction, she smiled whether he felt pride in her, or self satisfaction in his training of her – it meant he was still pleased with her despite the last few years. She rested her hands on her hips smiling at her master.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Thu, January 10th 2008 11:28am    Post subject:

Jax stood with his arms folded across his chest. No longer in the armor of the Master Trainer, he stood in a simple black robe that concealed the power of his body, and left his face exposed to Mara Jade. Lines of age faintly crossed his visage, his short-cropped brown hair pulled away from his features to lend a certain imposition to his already-dominating persona. His arms were folded within the opposing sleeves of his robes, giving him a distinctly monk-like apperance were it not for the slow burn of tightly controlled fury that smoldered in his dark gaze.

Jade was an anomaly, an oddity among the Imperial fold. Only a handful of people knew of her existence: The Emperor, Lord Vader, and one Grand Admiral were present at her ascension. Still, the aura radiated from the woman, and the dark faultlines that ran through the crystal of the now that permeated his vision, suggested there was potential for great and terrible things within her power.

The last time she had been in Palpatine's presence, it had been with the saurian mask looking down at her from the Emperor's right hand. Now, a fully organic Apprentice stood to review the agent, the assassin, the woman known as Mara Jade. He remained silent, the muscles of his arms flexing slightly as he fingered the twin lightsaber hilts tucked away in the sleeves of his robes, ever at an instant's grasp yet still far enough away to keep them hidden from sight. It wouldn't do to let her know of his capabilities just yet.

Expand

Back to top »
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Thu, January 17th 2008 06:57pm    Post subject:

"I did, my dear," Palpatine smiled on his favorite servant. He'd had a goal in mind for her, but he could sense emanations from Olethros and Jade. And it would be a good test of not only their fighting prowess, but skill and control.

Yes, a little demonstration would do quite nicely.

"But it can wait," the ruler of the Galactic Empire went on. "First, I should like to see how your skills have progressed. Lord Olethros shall be your quarry.

"However, as you are both my favored agents, I would be most annoyed if any bodily harm should befall one of you at the other's hand," he noted.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Thu, January 17th 2008 07:15pm    Post subject:

"By your command, Master."

Jax folded his arms a little tighter, finding the blades concealed within. Slowly, with his eyes remaining locked on the Hand, twin hilts of jet-black concealed in his pale grip pulled free from opposing sleeves. The Dark Apprentice seemed to pause a moment, suspended in time, then a whisper of the Force brought the dark cloak free from his body.

Dark armor enfolded the former Sovereign Protector, a direct contrast to the blazing red of his former choice. No longer would it be his armor that defined him, but rather the furnace of a heart blazing within. The cloak shot back and landed in a crumpled heap some 12 meters to his left. With deliberate slowness he approached, the polished black hilts in his hands peeking through the loose grip he held them with.

Jax bowed to Jade, a gesture of respect, his hands lifting and pressing knuckle-to-knuckle in a perversion of an ancient gesture of peace known as the namaste. His voice was soft, but resounded fluidly in the cavernous throne room, sending a tendril of Dark energy through his words. "I look forward to humiliating you in front of your Master, Jade... I doubt I'll break a sweat."

Expand

Back to top »
Mara Jade
Private

Post Posted: Fri, January 18th 2008 02:04pm    Post subject:

Mara kept a steady eye on Jax, her face disguising any sign of emotion, the Sith Lord outstripped her in almost all his attributes, she'd never seen his skills personally, but the way the darkside rolled off the man she didn't want to misjudge him. She slid her foot back unstrapping her lightsaber and returning the Sith's strange sign of respect while taking a battle stance.

Jax's venemous words stirred anger deep within her, causing her to pause, calming her emotions - she could feel tendrils of force energy probing her subconcious, and she pushed them out forcefully, using the techniques taught by her master in an attempt to shield herself from the probing tendrils, "You've come such a long way in a short time Carnor Jax," she murmered back, "If you've just let yourself be carried this far by arrogance and pompousnes, I'll be dooing my Master a favor by cowing you before him."

With a backstep she ignited the magenta blade of her lightsaber and swept it down to her side the tip hovering just above the ground casting its light on the small spot below it - she glanced asides to her Master, waiting for his command.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Sat, January 19th 2008 01:42pm    Post subject:

A pause. The Hand, seeking the Master's approval to begin. The order had already been given, though. It was a warped combination of chivalry and humor that had kept Jax from attacking outright, but this pause... was not befitting to the Dark Side. You do not allow a battle to begin on your foe's terms, or it is already half-lost.

"Do not presume to judge me, Mara Jade. You know nothing of my abilities." A hand lifted accusingly at the Emperor's Hand, the former Sovereign Protector's back straightening in an imperious gesture. The lightsaber clutched there rolled loosely in his fingertips, as if he were cradling a spun glass sculpture. "You always felt you knew better, even than Vader. That was why he hated you, you know... because you refused to acknowledge his superiority. You are alive now because Palpatine decreed it so... we'll see if I obey as well as Vader did."

The lightsaber in his outstretched hand erupted to life, a brilliant silver in the darkness of the throne room. The second blade followed suit, angling down and away from his body in a modified Soresu low guard. A moment passed, the crystal of the now resolving before his vision. There, as plain as the night, was Mara Jade's weakness... she had no experience in drawn-out battle.

Perfect.

A sudden burst of speed caused the Force to quake, causing the crystal to diminish and to start criscrossing with new fault lines as he closed the distance with frightening rapidity. The Soresu low guard suddenly shifted: just a minor pressure difference between his first two and last two fingers. The Dark Lord suddenly spun, that grip flopping from benign to lethal in a precise blind reverse thrust that aimed to burn a neat hole through Jade's clothing, close enough to her skin to leave the epidermis tanned, almost burnt.

Expand

Back to top »
Mara Jade
Private

Post Posted: Sat, January 19th 2008 03:27pm    Post subject:

Impatience, Jax was too in line with the wrathful nature of the darkside than her Masters own ways - it would be his downfall, and he felt he had the right to bow her - asmarmy little upstart who hadn't even properly studied the arts as much as the Emperor, she had seen how he'd been so easily cowed by her master, it bought her confidence that she could play to his own nature.

Still she didn't have much pause to add treatment to her strategy, Jax lunged in, after her blood allready, diving in with the tip of his blade seaking for her stomach - her instincts flared and she coiled the force around her, twisting her form aside and springing away from his circle of attack with a burst of speed. Upstart or not he still had the advantage when it came to saber combat, she could stalk him for as long as she wanted, but if she engadged him directly she was fighting to his strengths, Jax was rapidly becoming peerless in that respect.

She flashed him a grin, "And why do you think you are as high as you are today, Carnor Jax? You think Vader elevated you to your position because he valued your abilities, whats that old motto, keep your friends close and your enemies closer?" she narrowed her eyes at him "Theres a distinction between you and me, I don't fall victim to pride so easily." she tensed for his next attack, she still had to find a weakness in his defence, but for now she could frustrate him by not allowing him to get a blow in on her.

She held her lightsaber in a casual grip, far different to any style known to Jax, and for the darksider, maybe a puzzle to solve - his battle techniques seemed to make him feel self secure in his own strengths, he thought he knew how to defeat her, she could feel the emotions rolling off of him - perhaps then he was too used to fighting test dummies and other darksiders to handle himself against an opponent who didn't work on the same style of combat.

Last edited by Mara Jade on Sat, January 19th 2008 03:35pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Sat, January 19th 2008 03:54pm    Post subject:

"And you were a more 'trusted' agent, Jade. You speak beyond your knowledge. You would do better to lay your blade down now, before you hurt yourself. The Dark Side is clouded in you, your motives are too plain and your abilities too open." The blades flashed as they adjusted their grips, before leaving his hands altogether.

Hovering behind him like cores of light, the former Sovereign Protector's lightsabers hung with infinite patience as he regarded the fighting stance. It was unknown to him as far as technicality was concerned, however it alone spoke volumes as to her her capabilities and her combat style. The casual grip, the seeming inattention to the battle were characteristics redolent of some pit vipers or trapdoor spiders, waiting casually until the killing blow could be unleashed.

Too, were the undercurrents of the Force surrounding her. Not completely dark, they were simply... there. She had skill in the arts of the Jedi as well as of the Sith, making her weaker but, in some ways, more dangerous. However, her bladework left much to be desired and so Jax had no reason to worry. She would fall, and it would be entirely up to him as to when it ended.

"Just like your continued insubordination, your logic is flawed. There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Pride in ones own skill is commendable, arrogance in it is lethal. I did not become a Sovereign Protector by thinking there was somebody else out there that was better than me. I did not stand out above my brothers either as the greater promise or the greater threat because I blended in.

"You have no confidence, you have no drive to be better. You are content to be sent around like the little kath-hound bitch you are, eager to serve her Master in exchange for the little scraps of knowledge he affords you. Why am I here? Because I want more. I want... everything."

The lightsabers shot to his grip once more, a shout of the Force propelling the Dark Lord forward once again. He was driving her to the wall, now, driving a series of feints and flourishing strikes that always seemed just a little too slow to hit, but they weren't intending to. His physical presence, amplified by the waves of raw Force energy he was pouring out, heralded his dominance as he pushed her, step by step, towards the far wall.

A sudden surge of the Force was the only indication as his blades suddenly converged, mag-locks fusing at the hilts into a single staff-saber that was redolent of his primary training weapon, the double vibro-glaive. The weapon spun rapidly as it shifted hands, the former Sovereign Protector's face lethally calm, pulsing and distorting with the continued passing of silver light, before a sudden pivot on his right foot brought the weapon in a vicious arc The reverse blade streaked in a blur towards the swell of her left hip on a trajectory to exit her right shoulder.

Expand

Back to top »
Mara Jade
Private

Post Posted: Tue, January 22nd 2008 11:04am    Post subject:

Jade didn't respond to the Sith Lord as he clashed against her blade, she allowed herself to be driven back against the wall, with each smash from the dark apprentices blade she harnessed the flush of adrenaline within herself feeding her internal power from the emotions as her master had taught her to, feeding her own force powers with the continued battle – she might not have any experience in long term direct conflict, but as an assassin she had learnt plenty of patience in waiting for her chances. Jax on the other hand leaked emotions, whether he wanted to or not he was a burning sigil of darkside energy powerful, powerful enough to unleash it all in one destroying bladestorm…but she had her own ways.

She coiled the force around her body, her muscles, increasing strength, agility, speed – giving herself the time to protect against the sith’s blows and as she increased her internal wells of energy she decreased any external presence in the force, wielding what little energy she did seep out in the only external force power her master had permitted her to learn, she was increasingly hard to see, her form blurring a little into a mirage as she used the force to stealth herself…she could not turn invisible, or completely impossible to sense, but she could make it incredibly hard for Jax to keep sight of her.

Jax seemed to be increasing in pressure though, striking harder and faster at her distorted form, as she went against the wall she felt a surge within the force, as his blades combined into a single saber staff, her master had permitted her to see such a weapon once, the hallmark of a sith, and one of his prior assassins. The sweeping arch of the blade brought it low, and she had more than enough time in her heightened state to plant a foot behind her and spring forwards off of the wall, dropping beneath the darksiders right elbow as the trajectory of the upper blade carried it over his right shoulder – jabbing a harsh knee at the ribs of the darkisder before rolling out of the reach of the reverse swing.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Wed, January 23rd 2008 01:49am    Post subject:

The Force was wrapped around Jade like a protective cloak, sheltering her true intents and infusing her body with an unnatural power. Her cloistered view towards her emotions, tough, would prove to be her undoing just as it had been his own. Keeping her anger, her frustration bottled inside would stifle her power and keep her that much more open to defeat.

Jax, however, had broken those constraints. Allowing himself to truly feel, he let the power flow through his limbs as easily as a sigh. Feeling the Dark Side come into wonderous synchrony with his heartbeat, his perceptions of the entire area came into focus sharper than a nanoblade. The black hole of the Force behind him gave Palpatine's location, a simmering fount of endless dark power in his perspective.

Jade was a living being, coiled and caged behind bands of restraint. Pushing against the steel bounds of her training, the beast within wanted release... but she wouldn't let it. The darkness suddenly surged, the former Sovereign Protector's body already twisting as Jade started that agonizingly slow backflip over his head. The Dark Apprentice's body pivoted as she landed, facing her as she started that knee towards his armor.

The impact resounded with a hollow thud, the flesh and bone striking the cuirass of his Sith armor. Jax only gave Jade an evil smile as she backed away, the staff-saber spinning in a blinding flourish. With inexorable power, words now no longer necessary, he jabbed a feint towards her midsection before whipping around in a blind-reverse roundhouse slash that brought the reverse blade around in a swift arc towards the sides of her knees.

Expand

Back to top »
Mara Jade
Private

Post Posted: Wed, February 06th 2008 07:42pm    Post subject:

Mara narrowed her eyes, she had a bare few seconds to react as Jax attempted to cleave her knees apart – she sprung, catlike, from the ground leaping high over her opponents head. Holding her arms apart she used the force to maintain her inertia and balance as she coiled through the air – jabbing the heel of her combat boot towards the back of his head in a blind kick. Dropping to her knee rolling forwards onto her shoulder and going head over heels and skipping to her feet, swinging down her sabre and scarring the floor with the tip of the blade, she slipped her fingers to the end of the durasteel sabre hilt, catching the belt-clip dangling from the end on her finger, slowly starting to twirl the light sabre around her finger.

She drew a trail through the air around her body, tossing it in a spiral through the air and catching the tube in her hand and raising it into a defensive grip, grinning cockily at Jax as she prepared for his next assault, “For all your arrogance you’re not that bad…” she laughed and angled her sabre at him, the force around her seemed to coil in as she reinforced her muscle structure in her back leg and diminishing the effect of gravity upon her form. She used her foot to skip forwards warping the force around her and driving the point of her blade towards Jax’s chest just offsetting it a little to prevent her spearing the man in the heart if he should prove so incapable of defending against such a basic attack, but she had other ideas…behind her back she slipped a stun-stick into her palm.

One of the other weapons in the arsenal of the Emperors personal assassin, the stun stick carried a small electric charge there was no chance for her to land a blow on Jax’s skin and knock him out, but she had another idea what to use it for.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Thu, February 07th 2008 05:31pm    Post subject:

Jax's blade spun around, a pivot on the ball of his right foot bringing him narrowly out of the range of the point-driven slash. A twist of his hips sent the reverse blade of his staff-saber in an accelerating arc to slash at her kidneys as she moved past, aiming to end the duel right then and there. Her hand moved to intercept the blade almost instinctively, and the Dark Apprentice allowed himself a smug smile.

But the hand that held the sun stick was not aiming for the blade, but for its emitter. As the fount of silver light neared its objective the electrified stick impacted the emitter dish. It took Jax a moment, even as he followed through with the spin and assumed a defensive position some three meters away, to realize that she had shorted out one of his lightsabers. He stood there, watching her, deathly silent.

His shoulders started to shake, head bowing, and a moment of confusion would register before a hearty laugh boiled from the depths of his chest. "Ahhh, Mara Jade... It seems you aren't so completely useless after all. Fine, we duel one to one." The former Sovereign Protector unclamped the hilts from one another and cast the useless saber aside, to be repaired later, bringing the other blade around in a flourish, he assumed an easy Makashi defensive stance.

"Score is one-all... Your pride, my blade. Next point determines the match..." It was as if it was a game to him, a casual scuffle and not a play for favor. In reality, Jax was all business. He needed to keep himself in Palpatine's graces through this, but the lackadaisical attitude he kept would serve as a rather clever ruse for the Emperor's Hand... after all, he treated this fight as he treated any other, though perhaps with different intentions than usual.

Lord Olethros, Dark Apprentice, lifted his left hand and beckoned, mocklingly, towards Mara Jade. A cruel smile spread on his lips, brown eyes flashing as the saber adjusted its angle by a miniscule amount. Inviting... challenging her to make the next move.

Expand

Back to top »
Mara Jade
Private

Post Posted: Wed, February 13th 2008 07:24pm    Post subject:

Mara grinned, tossing the dead stunstick aside giving Jax a shrug for his comments and swung her lightsaber up in a relaxed grip, angling her sight over the top of her blade she dragged her foot behind her. Letting a small smile grace her lips as her opponents comments, treating this like a game was he, or….just messing with her…it were hard to tell with Jax from what she’d skimmed off of what she’d seen of the man it would probably be well within his capabilities. She smirked at Jax that was the hard luck of working in the spotlight rather than the limelight – he was open to analysis…though people could mask their true nature, her master had taught her as much.

She flexed her entire body, tweaking every single muscle in her body with the force relaxing her body until she was flexible enough to bend herself into impossible shapes, she stood and readied herself to fight, “Next point’s not yours to take Jax, I will not be the one to fail my master against some second-rate upstart.” She dropped to one knee and rolled her fingers over her lightsaber grip.

She swung her lightsaber into an underarm grip, sweeping her foot back towards her front, throwing herself into a spin landing on her first foot and twirling herself, dancing towards Jax throwing her form into confusing patterns, even throwing out her free hand to the floor continuing the twirling maelstrom of her outstretched blade. She swung her lightsaber above her head, slicing it through space towards the mans midriff.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Imperial Palace
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: