}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Imperial Palace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Imperial Palace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, August 03rd 2007 08:48pm    Post subject:

“Enough.”

Music: Anakin’s Dark Deeds

I had not been watching, uninterested in the display before me. My eyes were not even open. Since the funeral, I had been deep in contemplation, ignoring the world around me. Hours, days spent in the seclusion of a hyperbaric chamber. Time spent poring over old memories as well as new experiences, fresh in my mind. Together they painted a canvas of a dark past and present. Stretched, torn, and burned until it was unrecognizable from what it once had been, and then splashed with red. A mutilated and forsaken thing mocked by time and fate.

The years had brought nothing but pain, suffering, and death to me. Death of everyone I had ever loved, everyone I had ever cared for, until now, it had driven me to love and care for nothing, not even myself. I had even killed many of them personally, believing it for the greater good. There was no good. There was nothing to hope for, nothing to wish for. Everything good was either dead or never existed.

Fuel enough. Fuel enough to consume my enemies in flame. Fuel enough to lay waste to anything that stood for my hate. Fuel enough to stoke the fires of the Dark side.

The Dark Side of the Force. A tool, a weapon to be bent to my will. For as long as I could remember, the Force had been my greatest strength, and none could match my power. None could stand before me, my equal. Not that fool of an old man, nor the man who introduced me to this power. Too long had I sat on a throne, satisfied to have others do my bidding. Too long was I the victim of complacency. The time had come to rise and remind the Galaxy that I was its rightful master.

The time had come to demand their obedience or set fire to their worlds. I remembered, at that moment, the words of Tarkin. “Rule through fear of force, rather than force itself.” That would no longer be the doctrine of the Empire. The time had come to rule through death, the death of anyone who opposed me. My reign would be absolute throughout the Galaxy, without challenge. The Galaxy would know that to challenge would mean to die, a fate easily arranged. Perhaps the Death Star had been a tool far more useful than projected.

I opened my eyes as my two subordinates, Avaritus and Olethros, my right and left hands, stood before me. I rose from my throne and faced them. They were powerful, indeed, but a disappointment. Perhaps that was my fault, I had not done enough to train them, make them ready. They would be ready or they would die. The time had come to test their readiness. I had set my eyes on the first to be executed, and these two would be needed to see that end come.

I reached down to the hilt of my weapon. The weapon which had killed countless enemies and seen decades of battle. The weapon that had witnessed the end of the old Jedi Order. The weapon that had ushered in a new reign of prosperity under the Empire. The weapon that would cut down any opposition to that Empire. As I activated it, I looked at the blade. It had seen more death and blood than any weapon of its like yet held by any Jedi or Sith. I looked, then, at their weapons. They seemed almost dull by comparison.

“Come, then. Come and face death.”

Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
Muahaha! Here I am! Aren't I just
generally intimidating as hell?
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri, August 03rd 2007 09:27pm    Post subject:

"Enough."

The pronouncement of that word sent a silver of ice straight into the base of Lord Olethros' spine, momentarily paralyzing him on the spot. That single word, spoken without soul, with the cold efficiency of a machine, brought Carnor Jax back to the reality of the present. In his hand, the white heat of his anger blossomed at the intrusion, and without a word the Sith Lord turned to face his Emperor, the Master, Darth Vader.

For the first time, his eyes beheld the true might of the one that commanded the resources of the Empire. The cold sterility of the black armor, the contrast of the flashing lights that monitored his life support systems, the unwieldy thickness of the artificial limbs threw an image of disjointed imperfection to the man that was once known as Anakin Skywalker. The cumbersome motion of the limbs, the incessant rasp of the air exchanger, and the inhuman sculpture that was his helmet brought to mind an exotic art display, a treasure box to contain the jewel of the Empire.

But beneath it all, to the senses of Darth Olethros, Vader presented a different image entirely. Though he appeared to be half of a total being, the half that was there presented an overwhelming power. Vader was a shock wave of the Force, a supernova of light that morphed into an imperfect darkness, carrying with it a wave-front of total devastation that would consume anything in its path. The fringes of his abilities sat like flickering lights of distant stars, threatening to approach and destruct to add their power to the already-annihilating energy that was the Dark Lord of the Sith.

But, too, there was no fear within Darth Olethros. His training had been specifically to counteract this threat to the former Emperor Palpatine, and the weaknesses of that treasure box were an open book to the former Sovereign Protector. It had been years, decades even, since he first witness the might of the man standing before him, in a duel against the best Yinchorr had to offer, Burr Danid. The Dark Lord had toyed with the best of pupils, before slaughtering him mercilessly, effortlessly, kicking him to the depths of The Squall.

But a lot had changed since; Carnor Jax had learned from the experience and evolved into the rightful wearer of the Master Trainer’s armor. The man in black before him did not frighten him, did not give him pause, but was instead a curiosity that needed to be analyzed, dissected, and ultimately discarded for the pursuit of greater knowledge. To him, Vader was nothing more than an amphibian on a surgical tray, one that could spit venom but that would ultimately, and irrevocably, submit to the will of the one holding the scalpel. Or, rather, twin scalpels.

Only after this, after the cold analysis of the situation had crossed his mind, a span of time only five seconds of reality, the response of the Sith Lord was to take two steps forward, the lightsabers dropping to mirrored Makashi low guards to either side. With a single indrawn breath Carnor Jax brought the Dark Side into himself, absorbed the ball of flame his fury represented, and let it burn away the fatigue of his muscles and his mind. The clarity was astounding, near ecstasy, and with a pleasant shiver he brought himself to the present, let the crystal of the now materialize before him.

"Come, then. Come and face death."

That this man, this monstrosity and abomination of nature would choose to call out the man that had faithfully served him and his former Master for decades flared, and consumed what little was left of the firewalls of his restraint. If Vader held his life so callously, the most skilled of his followers, then perhaps it was best if he died… or maybe, just maybe, Vader would know in his final moments how wrong he was to underestimate Darth Olethros, before he finished what the flames of Mustafar started so long ago.

With a scream of total fury and a blur of Force-aided speed, the former Sovereign Protector launched forward. Crossing the span of 15 meters in the span of a heartbeat Darth Olethros unleashed a volley of attacks so furious, so overwhelming with Dark Side energy that it would have instantly overwhelmed any other foe. The snarl of the silver blades was a piercing screech in the cavernous Throne Room, the blades crying out for the touch of skin and flesh as the right blade moved in a slashing arc towards Vader’s right shoulder, Jax turning simultaneously and presenting his back to Vader, flipping the saber in his left hand to an overhanded grip and stabbing backwards, straight for the midriff of his Master.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, August 04th 2007 01:02am    Post subject:

Yes. This was what he had been waiting for. A chance to rid himself of the old fool, and it couldn't have come at a more opportune time, with Olethros in the middle of his rage, the sudden stop had sent him over the edge. Avaritus had been planning the murder of Corsova for over a year now, setting up various things to make it appear as if Vader had engineered the man's demise to keep him from furthering Jax's designs.

But this... This was perfect. Vader couldn't have chosen a better time for this battle. Stepping back slightly, Avaritus considered his options, as Olethros rushed in, sabers clashing furiously. If Avaritus was to enter the fray now, he'd probably end up getting injured by Olethros. He couldn't keep his attention on both Vader, and the currently unstable Sith Lord.

Stepping behind one of the pillars, Avaritus knew what he would have to do. He knew the natural order of the Force. Jax was stronger than him, and would kill him when the time came. But not before Avaritus made his impact. Not before he accomplished what he wanted, and that was Vader's death.

Immersing himself into the Force, he closed his eyes, crimson saber humming in silence, the noise louder to him than the fierce battle being fought mere feet from him. Pouring as much of his energy into the Force as he could, Avaritus stepped out from behind the pillar, seemingly calm and collected. It was all or nothing, now.

Screaming his rage, the ground resonating in sync with his voice, Avaritus charged, saber raised, and entered the fray like the mad man he was. Utilizing Trakata, and Makashi, and the bits of Ataru he was able to glean from training with Olethros, his body and blade weaved in and out of the slashes and thrusts as one. His blade, never touching Vader's, his body never coming close to contact, he artfully avoided every would-be killing stroke, every attempt to cleave him in two. He was untouchable.

His actions flowing together, his movements seemingly rehearsed were in perfect timing with the flow of the battle. Every chance he got, he used Trakata, slashing down towards Vader, his blade disappearing at the very last moment, and coming down inside his guard, forcing the man to evade. With him, and Olethros working together, Vader would be dead in no time at all.

Rory says:
Darth Avaritus: Sith Lord, Dark Apprentice, Field-Goal Kicker

Expand

---
"We worked it out. Ams and I are equall awesome, just in different fields... though we both admit defeat in the "Creative Ruthlessness" category. The winner of that trophy is undoubtedly Lord Avaritus, with his "punt t3h hed" routine." - Carnor Jax
 Back to top »
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, August 04th 2007 02:01am    Post subject:

I stood and waited as Jax sprang forth, like a jungle cat that had its nest disturbed. He was learning quickly about the philosophy of the Dark side, how to sharpen his focus, and how to use it to augment his abilities, but he did not have the experiences to fully immerse him in it. No, his life had been spent in the comforts of training, no matter how rigorous the regimen. He had not seen war as I had. He had not lost as I had. His path to the Dark side was just beginning.

He might have known something about combat, the proper use of a lightsaber, but that did not account for his lack of real training in the Force or the Dark side, for that matter. Sovereign Protector training had been designed that way. Enough for an elite guard, but not enough to give them ideas. I also suspected that he was trained with the prevention of Palpatine’s death by my own hands in mind. That secret had never been revealed to me, but I had suspected it from the inception of Force sensitive candidates into the program. However, I knew things about his power and the Crimson Guard program he did not, things that gave me a large advantage over him.

These thoughts were only brief in my mind as I fought the man. The purpose of this battle was largely to gauge if I could use them or not. If not, I would likely kill them both. I had small faith that they would serve their purpose. I doubted the prey I had in mind would have any real chance against them, even if they didn’t pass my test. Perhaps best to kill them after their usefulness had passed.

Avaritus was slower to join the battle. He also had little to fuel his hate, if hate existed at all. No, I doubted the man hated anything. I had not been careful enough with that part of his training. Palpatine had been quite good at giving me people and things to hate throughout my life. Another weapon was one of those hates that I would not release in this battle. No, not until they attempted to usurp me of their own designs. It was by far the strongest hate I had, and they could not match it. I doubted any being in the universe could.

Avaritus had been personally trained by me, but I felt like I had been a failure. I had not had time to properly train him with the use of the Force and the Dark side, and I knew that that had affected his abilities. Not to say he hadn’t learned things on his own, but he would have achieved more than this faster with proper guidance. My disappointment in my apprentice was largely my own fault and I was willing to accept that.

What surprised me was his attempt at Trakata, a difficult art. Probably only bested by the difficulty of the art Mace Windu used before his death. While he could use it passably, he was by no means a master of it. What interested me further was that both men misused Makashi, Avaritus to the point that it was almost unrecognizable as Makashi at all. That was probably the biggest mistake of Avaritus, considering Trakata’s philosophy did not work well with the strikes utilized by Makashi. Also, he seemed to be hacking away wildly, with little purpose to his strikes. He displayed none of the virtues of a true Makashi master. It seemed he had never picked up the understanding behind each form.

I could understand why Olethros would be so keen to use it, but it was less effective with two blades. The form was one-bladed, without question. It was created during a time when many Jedi and Sith were at large, and the need for a more effective dueling form than Shii-Cho had been needed. Most forms were one-bladed, since the Jedi found wielding more than one was egotistical and made the Jedi look more interested in combat than defense. Their choices made little sense, and that made this battle far easier than it should have been.

I decided, then, that I would let them live long enough to rethink their combat forms. I didn’t want them to be killed prematurely because of silly mistakes.

What did make this battle difficult was how split my focus was. Besides fighting two opponents at once and analyzing their forms, I was fighting myself, as well. Hate was burning within me and I had to concentrate on it to keep it buried where it was. The past was bubbling, as though the forsaken landscape of Mustafar itself lie buried within my mind, with the shields on the compound slowly draining. This battle was not about killing them, but rather, to test their abilities. That hate was an untamed beast, caged against its will, and it was not happy. I had seen wild beasts tear apart sentient beings that had caged them. Once a beast had gone mad, it was not going to stay in its prison for long. My seething hatred would not stay checked forever. By the end of this battle, I estimated, I would show them my full power, something I had not yet come close to. It was something I hoped not to reveal until, once again, they were attempting to kill me by their own designs.

Sacrifices had to be made, however, and for now, that meant showing to them what I did not want them to see. I was prepared to do that, but it did not mean I had to like it, either.

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Sat, August 04th 2007 02:34am    Post subject:

Vader was a skilled foe, but there were gaps and flaws in his style. The one-handed Djem-so form he was using, ancient to the point of archaic, left his reinforced artificial limbs exposed while he struggled to protect the still-biological core that formed the human behind the saurian mask. To that end, Jax obliged the Dark Lord of the Sith by focusing his attacks there, combining the savagery of Juyo with the philosophies of Niman, keeping both silver blades engaged in the fight.

The condescension in the way Emperor Vader handled his two foes simultaneously was infuriating, and it was beginning to dawn on Olethros that he knew more about the training that Sovereign Protectors received than the Sith Lord first thought. The comprehension brought with it a change in tactics and a suddenly pristine flaw to the crystal of the now. Jax could draw Vader in; make the Dark Lord feel that he was commanding the battle while he was actually setting up the checkmate.

Mere moments after the duel began it shifted, with Olethros blocking more and more of Avaritus’ attacks in favor of getting better angles on his own. While he was trained in this, Jax had been dreaming of this moment for years and he would not be denied, especially by the favored apprentice. Seconds later, as Avaritus swept around behind Jax to get an angle on Vader’s flank his rage consumed him, and without a second thought for what he was doing his left blade reversed, and with a flick of the wrist cleanly decapitated Darth Avaritus, Dark Apprentice.

A savage cross-block intercepted a hard slash from Vader, and using it as a pivot Olethros brought himself around in a roundhouse. The flowing black cloak, billowing behind him, caught the falling Sith Lord even before the cut started to separate at the small of the back. Propelling himself back off Vader’s saber he simultaneously snapped his lower leg, kicking the headless body of Darth Avaritus straight at the Dark Lord of the Sith, using it as a screen.

His right lightsaber vanished, and twisting his shoulders Olethros snapped himself into a horizontal barrel-roll, his left heel catching the base of Avaritus’ skull and knocking the disembodied head into the air, then followed with a snapping flip that carried Jax head over heels once, twice, always in perfect control. Assuming a nearly-perfect crane position in midair, the fount of silver light once again erupting from his right fist, Jax’s leg kicked out and impacted the occipital plate of Darth Avaritus’ head, sending the skull caroming towards Lord Vader with a speed a healthy fraction of terminal velocity, hard enough to dislocate the hermetic seals of the flared helm should the head impact that grotesque visage.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, August 04th 2007 03:01am    Post subject:

So, he killed him, then. The moment I realized he was not using Makashi, but some amalgam of Niman and Juyo, I thought he might. They were both in a position to do it, and Olethros took advantage of it before Avaritus could. Avaritus was obviously too weak to continue to live, the choice was proper. I would applaud the decision after we were finished.

With the loss of an opponent, I was once again able to focus on keeping my power from seeping out. I now had a firm hand on it and would not have to reveal it to the Sith Lord before me. I would give him that due respect as I had not before, he had truly earned it. However, I would not let the death of Avaritus make me complacent in my form, nor would I think the battle was over.

The lifeless corpse was vaulted towards me, but with a mere flick of my empty hand, it floated across the room, away from us. Olethros liked a bit of flair in his techniques, I was beginning to notice. The thought that he had no room for traditional lightsaber forms swiftly entered my head, and I agreed with it. That he would mix the Makashi stance with Niman’s dual-bladed focus to patch Juyo’s errant incompleteness showed that to me.

As he landed, the vacant expression of Avaritus came towards me. He knew well enough that it would not strike me, but I doubted he expected what I would do next. I reached out my hand as if to force the head back at him or send it away as I had with the rest of my former apprentice’s body. However, I caught it with my free hand, having slowed its speed slightly with the Force, and mustering the Dark side and the strength of my cybernetic arm, I crushed it before his very eyes. It was an interesting display of dun möch, but by no means the most powerful I had ever seen. Still, I would consider its use again.

Olethros now had two options. He could either submit himself to be my full apprentice, without question or challenge to that position, or he could continue on for the prize of Dark Lord and Emperor himself. The choice I would leave to him, it was not mine to make anyway. If he did choose to end this and kneel before me, I would accept without hesitation. He deserved it, it was his by right. The gesture of kneeling would only be a tradition and formality.

“So, then, Sith Lord. What will it be? You know the ramifications to your action to your station and what you may now pursue. Do you really believe you have the power to defeat me, or will you find that you have much yet to learn from he whom, without a doubt, has knowledge of the Dark side that you have yet to possess? Will you strike now, or will you take what victory you have already won?”

I was quite sure I knew what he would do, but presenting him with the full gravity of his situation might change his mind. In either case, the death of Avaritus had always been in his plans, I had forseen that, just as I had forseen his death was in Avaritus’ plans. In any case, if he chose to strike, he was then presenting me with my choice. The choice to let him live or the choice to let him die.

It was in his hands now. He could choose to keep what he had earned, what glory he had taken, or to pass the decision to me and risk losing it all.

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER

Last edited by Darth Vader on Sat, August 04th 2007 03:02am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, August 04th 2007 03:17am    Post subject:

Oh, snap!

Perfect. Yet, not... The phantom he had conjured took more out of him than he would have liked, and still it was draining him to keep the body in it's position, in solid form. Avaritus had heard rumor of the technique in the ancient archives of Korriban, but with no training on how to utilize it had been forced to figure the mechanics on his own, much like his improvised force lightning.

The Phantoms used to be semi-solid, and would not be able to interact with the physical world, but Avaritus had devised a way around that. It took several dead civilians to come to the conclusion, but Avaritus needed to tie a living soul through the Force to the projection he created to make it able to interact with the physical world, to make it more than mere image and illusion. Outside, one of the Royal Guard was now most assuredly dead, as Avaritus had used the closest individual he could find in the Force. As soon as Olethros' silver blade had cleaved through the phantom's neck, the guard had fallen dead. Thankfully, due to the proximity of the victim, Avaritus didn't have to exert himself as hard as usual to maintain the projection. So he was left with his physical strength intact, but his skin was already tingling from the sheer amount of Force energy he was drawing to himself to keep the projection there, and keep himself hidden in the Force.

Now that the body was discarded, he could simply maintain the image of his corpse, lifting most of his burden. Vader may have not trained him properly, but Avaritus had discovered techniques within the force that the man could never hope to understand. Sadly, Olethros had not taken the chance Avaritus had intentionally given him. He knew the temptation to kill Avaritus would be to great at that moment, and that he would strike. However, he had not used the distraction effectively. Visualizing the two pillars closest to Vader, on opposite sides of the room, Avaritus reached out within the Force, and ripped them from their supports, using all of his concentration to send them speeding at Vader, in an attempt to flatten him between the massive pieces of marble, or whatever material they were made of.

Rory says:

Expand

---
"We worked it out. Ams and I are equall awesome, just in different fields... though we both admit defeat in the "Creative Ruthlessness" category. The winner of that trophy is undoubtedly Lord Avaritus, with his "punt t3h hed" routine." - Carnor Jax
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Sat, August 04th 2007 02:30pm    Post subject:

This post occurs contiguously with Avaritus'

Jax alighted on his feet as the head flew into Vader's grasp, watching the Dark Lord. The slow crushing of that skull, the merciless disposal of his former Apprentice sent another rattle through the foundation of the Sith Lord's resolve. That he would casually cast aside the one he had trained for so long was unnerving...

But at the same time, it only fueled his resolve. Vader had made a mistake: the use of a dun möch was intended to force an opponent to act irrationally, based on their hate, clouding their judgment and leave them open to attacks. In this instance, however, all it did was add water to the molten durasteel of his heart. The simmering cauldron of white-hot liquid that his heart was suddenly exploded in a visceral, complete, and utterly devastating chain reaction that ran through his body like a poison, stripping away the last remnants of what was restraining him.

A whisper of the Force removed the Sith Lord's helmet and threw it aside, shattering it against the durasteel wall of the Throne Room. The former Sovereign Protector stood with head bowed towards Vader, silent a moment as he considered the offer. Then, with agonizing slowness and infinite patience that face lifted to regard Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith. The sunlight filtering through the skylights seemed to diminish, flicker, darkening the room with the exception of a single shaft that fell to the shoulders of Darth Olethros.

The battle-scarred face of Carnor Jax, creased with lines of age and care, faced Vader unflinchingly. The deep-brown eyes, the eyes that had seen so much destruction at his own hands, had narrowed into almost-reptilian slits, the irises now nearly black and standing against the whites. The muscles of his jaw tightened, and his lips peeled back into a grin so profoundly malicious, so utterly malevolent that it could not be called anything but evil. His voice, normally so strong and filled with authority, was instead very quiet, but the tone that it carried was dripping with venom that made synthtox look like mothers milk, and with an edge so sharp it could nearly break the flesh.

"Darth Vader. Esteemed Emperor, Dark Lord of the Sith... you are nothing but a craven coward. You stand behind your mask, your armor, and allow pathetic bureaucrats to run your affairs while you sit in your meditation chamber and contemplate the past. I have news for you, Master: the past is dead and gone, and nothing will change it. You are the last remnant of a time everyone wishes forgotten, and you lack the resolve to even face the galaxy."

Carnor Jax took a single step forward, the hilts of his lightsabers creaking under the power of the grip he held on them, his voice deepening with anger. "To submit myself to the indignity of being your apprentice makes me want to kill myself here and now. Your late pupil, Avaritus, was as much of a failure as you were, only this time you can't blame his age. You failed, Vader, you failed where your Master succeeded. Under your instruction you sabotaged a Dark Apprentice, allowed the galaxy to fragment, and have made yourself look like an ass to everyone that matters."

Another step forward, and the twin silver blades erupted from his fists again, casting an eerie aura over the armored Sith Lord. The crystal of the now, his unique perception into the ebb and flow of the near future, sparkled before his eyes. Shot through with flaws of black beyond black, there was no other alternative. "Now that you have my answer, Master, I offer you this. Either step down and vanish from the sight of the Empire and allow me to return it to what Palpatine envisioned, or fight and die here with none to mourn your passing. Either way, I do not want to see you again beyond this day."

Suddenly, the crystal trembled, and exploded into a thousand fragments. A disruption of the Force, an unperceived flaw had caused the failure of his entire perception, and in its place was a single dark fault that consumed the entire throne room. Immersed in the Force and his rage, though he could not articulate where it was coming from... he knew. Carnor Jax knew what was to come, and with another current of the Force brought his twin lightsabers to a cross behind his back. Hands lifting, two stone pillars began to tremble, and with a resounding CRACK they broke apart from their foundations.

"Goodbye, my Lord."

With Avaritus' influence coming from behind him, amplifying the control on the columns, Jax brought the massive structures of stone streaking through the air, faster than a projectile from a high-precision slugthrower, straight at Darth Vader. The shafts of variegated black-and-white marble seemed to absorb the light, a fount of tainted purity sent to crush Darth Vader where he stood.

Expand

Back to top »
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun, August 05th 2007 07:21pm    Post subject:

The deadly missiles hurtled closer and closer to the Dark Lord. At one instant, they were a heartbeat from ending his reign permanently. The next, they were planted firmly in the wall parallel to their course, deflected as easily as pieces on a chessboard.

"Enough!" a voice boomed. It echoed from the walls of the chamber, within the heads of the three combative Sith. It was everywhere and nowhere at once, resonating and reverberating within the durasteel beams of the room and the very souls of those who heard it. A voice terrible with power, with darkness. A voice that could turn hot, impassioned blood into ice and cow the most brazen spirit. A voice that cut deeper than any lightsaber, burned more than any plasma thrower, and had a greater impact than the eighty-three billion tonne mass of an Executor-class Dreadnought barreling at relativistic velocities.

Most chillingly, perhaps, it was a voice that gushed of Dark power. Power unimaginable to the two apprentices in the room, and merely witnessed and contemplated by the master. Even then, it was not fully realized.

The voice spoke again. "Do you pretenders call yourselves Sith? You weak fools who cannot even fathom the forces which you claim to master?"

This time, the voice was physical, speaking from the shadows of the chamber. It was a harsh voice, grating as if the throat of the speaker were irritated. "You dare to claim the Sith rite of ascension? To take the names of those who have truly given themselves to Dark Side; titles not handed down until their transfiguration into beings of unlimited potential and power is complete?

"You should be beneath my notice," the speaker continued, the Darkness infusing his every word. "And yet, there is potential yet unrealized. Potential it would be foolish to waste to mere pugilistic endeavors."

The voice almost seemed to point at the shattered marble fragments that studded the wall of the throne room as it made that statement. "Of course, much of the folly is your own. For you see, you are not competing for the Master's position... merely the apprentice."

The speaker stepped forth into the light, finally revealing himself to the gathered Sith. Thick red hair in an almost military trim sat above hell-hued irises. A sneer of disapproval and smugness adorned thin, cruel lips. Nostrils flared slightly with each breath, drawing in air to an entity that had not known the sensation of breathing for over a year. A black, high-collared robe clothed him. Hands once gaunt were young and well-fleshed. Overall, the man appeared to be in his early twenties. In reality, the true man was almost a century in age, the body barely a decade old, and only free in the Universe for a matter of weeks.

A cylindrical device, of gold, silver, and bronze was firmly gripped in the right hand. It was small, yet was one of the most powerful weapons in the Galaxy. A finger passed over a hidden activation stud, and a shaft as red as the blood spilled in the name of its wielder leapt forth. It was a much darker-hued blade than that of Vader's light-crimson weapon, or the silver-hued blades of the other Sith warrior.

Palpatine smiled as recognition dawned on his soon-to-be conquests. "I have returned, Skywalker. And I will be taking my Empire back."

He cast a glance at the other two Sith. "If you should survive, I think you will make nice additions to it."

He raised his blade to a ready position, awaiting their response.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, August 10th 2007 12:04am    Post subject:

That presence.

The terrible power that had been absent for lo, these many years… had returned. And not only was it as strong as before, there was an undercurrent there that had never been present: a sense of reality to balance the audacity. The shock of his death must have made the ancient soul rethink his own immortality, and with this second lease on life he would not be so careless. The prospect sent surprise through Carnor Jax…

And yet, there was no fear, no surprise. While the appearance certainly had been a shock, the overwhelming darkness that had immediately preceded his presence had not been Avaritus’ continued existence, like had had originally thought, but the unexpected and overwhelming interference cast by the man who was currently standing behind him, a soul completely devoid of light… a veritable black hole of the Dark Side. The near-destruction of his favorite apprentice might have forced the Dark Lord’s hand, maybe not, but the past was irrelevant: what mattered was his reaction.

But was this truly the Emperor? The voice, while similar, carried a youth to it that was not conducive to the age Palpatine was when he was killed, and the phrasing was… off. There was a modicum of treachery in this, but Jax could not tell from what, and his perception of the future was clouded by the pervasive darkness permeating the Imperial Throne Room. So, immersing himself in the Force as best he could, the former Sovereign Protector turned to face the voice, to face his destiny.

The sight that greeted his eyes was exactly what he had envisioned a young Palpatine to be, a point in the stranger’s favor. The burning blade, the color of dried blood, seemed to draw on the dark presence and reflect the infinite black among the synthetic bloodshine of the Sith blade. He had never seen the former Emperor use a lightsaber, yet he had no doubt as to the skill that the elder Sith could wield in battle… the whispers among the 501st, passed down from the beginning of the Empire of a battle against a wizened green freak of nature, spoke testament to it.

Taking slow steps forward, Carnor Jax gazed into the eyes of Palpatine, reading the soul of the man before him. The silver blades preferred by the Imperial blademaster were a bright and shimmering presence that cast light on the face of the former Sovereign Protector, and provided the sole illumination among the black. Stopping two paces before the man, well within reach of an attack, he stopped and simply watched.

The shifting shadows in those eyes, the meticulous and smug nature reflected in the relaxed jawline, and the casual way the being held the lightsaber told Jax that he was unafraid. He had witnessed the mastery of lightsaber and force presence that the blademaster had wielded against the current Emperor of the Galactic Empire, and there was not even a trace of anxiety or uncertainty. This, above all else, told Carnor Jax the truth.

A single fault, a silver-edged and razor-thin beacon of light among the black, presented itself to his eyes, and without a single hesitation Carnor Jax accepted the truth. The lightsabers lifted into a cross, then vanished without another word. In the same fluid motion, he sank to a single knee before Palpatine, accepting the truth of what was and what was to come. With a voice as soft as Corellian nanosilk, and with the commanding presence of a man acknowledging his one true Master, he spoke.

”The Empire shall once again rise to its full glory. Fidelity sworn to the one True Emperor, on my honor as a Sovereign Protector and as an Imperial. Long live Palpatine, Emperor of the Galaxy.”

Expand

Back to top »
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, August 11th 2007 08:30pm    Post subject:

Well... That was unexpected. In mere seconds, Palpatine had saved Avaritus' former master, stopped one of the most deadly battles he had every participated in and brought Jax out of his psychotic rage. Impressive. He knew he didn't stand a chance against such massive power.

For the briefest of moment's he considered what would happen if he even tried to take on Palpatine in his reborn state, but dismissed the thought immediately. Even thinking it at this point might get him killed.

Extinguishing his saber, and clipping it back onto his belt with the Force, Avaritus stepped forward to about the same distance away from the Emperor as Jax was, and dropped to one knee, and said, "Long live Palpatine," echoing Jax.

Rory says:

Expand

---
 Back to top »
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, August 11th 2007 08:49pm    Post subject:

I deactivated the weapon. It was not the time for its use. A Sith needed to know when and where a lightsaber was necessary and proper. This wasn't the occasion. I attached it to my side once more and looked over the man physically.

I had never known him young. He was gray when I had met him and his machinations over the course of the Clone Wars and Civil War had not only further aged him, but left him permanently disfigured. Now, I would have guessed that this may have been what Palpatine had looked like at around the age I had aligned myself with him.

After that, I let myself feel his power and presence. At that moment, there was no doubt that this was anyone but my former master. There was something...different, something more. I could not identify what I sensed, but I was sure that if I attempted to dispose of him again, I would not succeed. It had seemed as though Olethros and Avaritus had blindly jumped to his power like moths to a flame.

All I could do was slowly nod once to the man. When I had killed him, I had won everything from him. His return from dead was not only baffling, but complicated. Our relationship could never return to one of master and apprentice, it seemed impossible. That he was hear seemed impossible, as well. We had things to discuss, but like lightsabers, this was not the time or place.

So, for the time, that is what I did. I nodded once in acknowledgment, as well as assent to his terms, but I would not kneel. My days of kneeling were long since over.

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
 Back to top »
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun, August 12th 2007 01:09pm    Post subject:

A cruel smile crossed the young-looking man's lips, followed by a wicked cackle. "No, my apprentice," he said gently as his hand clenched into a fist. "You don't get away that easily."

With a flick of his wrist, a massive wave of kinetic energy smashed into the three Sith, hurling them across the throne room. "A real Sith would battle for his domain. I see I made a mistake in choosing you, Lord Vader."

Palpatine raised his free hand toward the two lesser apprentices. "And you... your loyalties are much too fluid," he stated as blue-white bolts of lightning lashed out from his finger tips at the still stunned Sith. "I cannot have that."

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sun, August 12th 2007 09:28pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Sun, August 12th 2007 08:41pm    Post subject:

A twist, a warping of the Force... vengeance. Treachery. Silver flame spat to life just as Palpatine's hands lifted, and with effortless ease brought the arcing energy to the nexus of power that was his lightsabers. The cross held before him the Sovereign Protector rose from his stunned kneel and his legs, obeying unconscious command, started taking the form of the Sovereign Protector towards the former Emperor and Dark Lord of the Sith. The violet forks, corruption of the Force twisted into intelligent wrath manifest, intercepted the comparative purity of Carnor Jax's blades in a snarl of energy.

Ignoring Avaritus, his voice was a muted hiss as he spoke to the being before him not as a man to his Master, but with the full power and authority of his years in the Brotherhood. The Force presence of the Protector was a brimming thundercloud, full of lightning aching for a target, and the young form of the ancient being before him looked like a kilometer-high durasteel rod in the middle of the Yinchorri desert.

"I owe no explination to you, Master. My motives are of no concern to you, the only thing that matters is the fact that I was a breath away from destroying the traitor to the Empire that you called apprentice, and you rescued him from my wrath. Don't presume to question my loyalty without knowing the past, and CERTAINLY do not question me without knowing the present. If you want to destroy me, do it now, but with my last breath I will fight knowing I am right, and YOU are WRONG!!!"

The wrath of the Sovereign Protector, the fact that the being before him was questioning his motives to the purity of the Empire and to his loyalty... it was inconceivable, and undeniably obtrusive. And Carnor Jax did not like being impeded. The lightsabers in his hands tightened in their cross, still drawing the arc of energy from Palpatine's hands, and Jax's eyes darkened... blackened, tightening with reptilian slits for pupils. The hilts of his lightsabers creaked their protest with the grip he held, and with a gut-wrenching scream of pain, anger, and fury a thunderbolt of the Dark Side struck him, the impact sending up a wall of kinetic energy that radiated in a hemisphere from him.

Of course Palpatine would be minimally effective, but the presence of darkness that filled Jax would be undeniable, and if Palpatine wanted to engage in lightsaber combat that was fine with him... death was irrelevant, only his honor and integrity in this situation. he would not be questioned by the one he had served for so long, not when he knew he was right.

Expand

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Sun, August 12th 2007 09:29pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, August 21st 2007 05:53pm    Post subject:

Mid-slide across the stone floor, Avaritus had already begun preparing. Gripping the stone in the Force, Avaritus wrenched a section from it's surroundings and brought it up just in time to shield his body from the dark energy that Palpatine had hurled in his direction.

As the stones shattered, and cracked from the sheer power of the lightning, Avaritus heaved them through the air at Palpatine at the speed of blaster bolts. He knew they wouldn't impact, but he needed to do something. Letting go of the fragments in the Force, he pulled his lightsaber, and activated it.

"I never held loyalty to Vader, as he was incompetent as a Master."

That was all Avaritus felt like saying, before he joined with Jax in attacking Palpatine. If he was going to die, he was at least going to die fighting. Drawing back his saber, he leaped towards Palpatine, bringing the crimson blade around in a long arc, to strike the man. It wouldn't hit, he knew it. But he would move into Trakata the instant Palpatine began his counter-attack.

Rory says:

Expand

---
 Back to top »
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Tue, August 21st 2007 07:21pm    Post subject:

Palpatine was pleased by their determination. From the mind of Avaritus, he plucked a reference to the Trakata form. A confusing tactic, but easy to defend against once one expected it. Still, he was impressed that someone so young had dabbled in such an unorthodox form.

Jax reminded him distinctly of Maul, his first apprentice. Viciousness, lust for battle and blood, all focus on his combat abilities instead of actually mastering the Force. He'd make a good soldier, a good enforcer... if he survived. Perhaps limited as an apprentice, though, despite his power. The Sith Lord would have to wait and see how it all panned out. There were some things even he could not forsee.

His analysis of the Sith trainees lasted not even the space between thought. Before their telekinetic assaults reached him, he gracefully leapt out of the way, leaving their attacks to intersect and dissipate each other. He watched through his outstretched senses as Jax's psionic wave of destruction obliterated Avaritus' more crude, physical assault. However, he only allowed himself a brief glimpse before returning his attention to the three targets. Vader had not yet moved against him, but that was his true goal. He cared little for the pions Vader surrounded himself other than as he'd care for his troops to further his aims. Vader was goal, the target.

And Vader would willfully give himself to his old Master, or die.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Tue, August 21st 2007 08:47pm    Post subject:

The reaction to Jax's assault was unexpected, but reminded him strongly of his duels with Avaritus... how they would jump around trying to get a positive attack angle on the opponent. However, Jax would not stand for it here, not Palpatine. Even through the licking flames of his fury he could tell that the Sith Master was disregarding him... and that did not sit well with him.

His eyes tracked Palpatine even as he descended into the cavernous Imperial Throne Room, his will extending to a clip on the back his belt. A lightsaber lifted, one in stark contrast to the ones in his hand, and ignoted with a snap-hiss. The burning emerald blade flipped over his shoulder and oriented itself parallel to the floor. Olethros' eyes tracked the Sith Lord, but it his his own Force senses that held the true lock and with a surge of fury sent the green blade straight at his heart.

Already, though, a second mirrored saber was igniting to life and comint to the fore, Jax's silver blades crossing n front of him. A cruel sneer crossed Jax's lips as he watched the attack unfolding, his voice echoing above the din. "Perhaps, Master -" the inflection was contemptuous and meant to attract attention - "Instead of paying attention to an archaic figurehead of a failed apprenticeship, you should be paying attention to the one that was about to crush him!" A maniacal laugh reverberated as the saber suddenly accelerated like a rocket burning the last of its drives before impact, the straight-shot saber suddenly whirling like a sawblade of deadly photonic energy, subtly altering course to attempt to sever the clone at the waist.

Expand

Back to top »
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, August 21st 2007 10:23pm    Post subject:

Sensing Jax's incoming attack, Avaritus disengaged from his skirmish with Palpatine, and leapt back, and into the air. Sailing over and behind Jax, Avaritus powered down his saber, and stepped to the side of one of the pillars that were still standing.

It was there that he reached out to Jax's mind. Avaritus had practiced mid-scale battle meditation before, but it was much easier when the target was close, and was just one person. Concentrating on Jax's presence in the Force, he began pouring his own focus and power into Jax as best he could, heightening the man's reflexes, even if just by a few milliseconds.

Avaritus knew he couldn't do anything now against Palpatine, with Jax the way he was. He'd get cut down just like his phantom had. No.. He would stay here, and give secondary assistance until Palpatine became distracted.

Rory says:

Expand

---
 Back to top »
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, August 22nd 2007 11:35pm    Post subject:

As I was forced back, I righted myself and landed on my feet, skidding backwards as I planted my right hand on the floor to maintain my balance. I wasn't sure what Palpatine wanted to prove here, but I estimated that he was after the same aims that I had when I had attacked my apprentices: prove your worth or die.

I wasn't in the mood for this. Palpatine should have known what I was capable of in the past, and I was sure he could estimate my progress. I had important things to discuss with him if he was going to be Emperor. There were plans set in motion that he needed to be aware of and ready to execute as the supreme ruler of the Empire.

I truly was willing to step aside. I had grown thrown-weary. The position had left me little room to traverse the Galaxy for my own ends. Ends that rarely converged with the needs of the Empire. Recent events had made me long for my old duties. I pined for the days in which I would hunt down and destroy one of the last Jedi, an enemy of the Empire, whoever was necessary. In short, I had grown bored and restless.

I watched as the three other Sith dueled, activating my lightsaber. If I hadn't, Palpatine probably would've singled me out. I wasn't eager for that, so I decided to either wait out the coming storm until he had subsided or had killed the other two.

Nothing to do but be patient and wait.

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
 Back to top »
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Wed, August 29th 2007 11:34am    Post subject:

The former Emperor paid a glimmer of attention to Jax's assault. He thought one of his future apprentices would be more original, but it seemed he'd overestimated the fledgling whelp's abilities.

Unfortunate.

He extended his hand, drawing the saber hilt to him. With the weapon safely in his grasp, he sent a brief surge of Dark energies into the hilt. The blade deactivated and the Sith weapon dropped to the floor, useless as little more than a short club now. Most unfortunate.

Palpatine landed before Vader, his blade ready to taste the durasteel of Vader's armor, and the wounded flesh the armor kept alive. Jax and Avaritus were little more than gnats, and he'd merely paid them enough mind to swat them off. The true threat was the man in the wheezing black armor. "Olethros" had no hope of destroying Vader, despite what he claimed. The being within the young clone had seen his one-time apprentice shrug off far more deadly attacks.

The Sith Lord briefly wondered if he shouldn't waited until Vader had eliminated Jax and Avaritus for their treachery. It would've spared him the inconveniences. Then again, Palpatine required a strong core group for Force users for his plans. The piddling fools in Inquisitorious were nothing like he needed, though they may have thought themselves nearly all-powerful. It was an illusion Palpatine was willing to grant them during his first reign. The second would disillusion them in the literal sense.

He had a plan for every branch of the Empire, from the Stormtroopers to the Army to the Navy, even to Jendob's minions he sensed during his incorporeal captivity. Jendob himself needed handling, as well. The Emperor would see to that personally once he reclaimed his throne.

But for now, his objective was Vader. That he dared to simply surrender his throne without a fight was bad enough... though refusing to kneel was at least a minor saving grace. Besides, he would be kneeling a great deal in the coming days... if he survived.

Palpatine thrust his blade at the armored Sith, aiming to pierce his helmet cleanly through its black eye.
 Back to top »
Jacen Tranada
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, September 03rd 2007 06:03am    Post subject:

I parked my speeder in a garage about four blocks from the Imperial Palace. If I were to be honest with myself, I would admit that I was surprised that I managed to get a park that close. I engaged the security countermeasures and ensured that my blaster was strapped in tight before exiting the garage and walking quickly along the crowded passageways. The Imperial Palace building was unmistakable; a gargantuan building that epitomised its former owner perfectly.

I walked up the large steps to the main entrance, walking towards the reception area in the largely unfamiliar setting. There was a pretty blonde woman behind the counter in a top that looked to be a size too small for her; not that I was complaining. Her appearance did a lot to appease my nervousness. I approached her with a sly smile on my face.

"Hi," I said, "I'm looking for Supreme Moff Jendob's office."
"And you are?" she asked.
"General Jacen Tranada," I said, handing over my ISB ID.
"The Supreme Moff's office is located on level 17H. There will be signs once you get there."
"Thanks," I said, flashing a smile.

I found the turbolifts and took one to the appropriate level in the appropriate part of the building. Another pretty woman waiting on the other side of a desk looked at me with a smile on her face. I approached the desk.

"I'm looking for Supreme Moff Jendob."
"Name please?"
"General Jacen Tranada," I said, handing over my ID again, "I am looking to transfer into Intelligence."
"Do you have an appointment?"
"No, I have just returned from a brief holiday."
"I will see if he has time to see you. Wait here please."

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Tue, September 04th 2007 12:45am    Post subject:

The utter disregard for Jax’s presence was astounding, and for a moment the former Sovereign Protector could do nothing but stand and stare as Palpatine disabled one of his lightsabers and moved on towards attacking Vader. Looking down at the inert hilt, his mind simply… froze, dimly hearing the ensuing conflict behind him as he gazed at the amalgamation of crystals, circuitry, power cells, and simple duranium sheathed with sigils in electrum. The lightsaber, crafted by him to compliment his skills and focus with Makashi, was one of a pair that he had crafted after researching the former Count of Sereno and Jedi Master, Dooku, and his preferences for the second form of lightsaber combat.

In his ear he heard it, mingling with the snapping, hissing, and whip-cracks of power that resonated behind him. The voice, the one that had been dormant for the past month, whispered to him again. This time, though, he felt prepared for it. This time, he accepted what he heard and did not dismiss the voice out of simple irritation or lack of explanation, but let it brew forth and ferment in his psyche. Olethros. You are better than this. He dismisses you because he fears you, and fears your true power.

The Sith Lord, named by the Dark Lord Darth Vader, looked to the shimmering fount of silver energy still clutched in his fist. The blade hummed softly with a precisely tuned resonance that lent the song of death to his style of combat. Mingling with the pitch, with the energy arcing back into the power cell in the hilt, was the voice, speaking to him as though through the blade itself, Olethros. You served him faithfully for years; you were one of his most trusted guards. Yet, he has seen fit to cast you aside and focus on the one that killed him, the one that continues to resist him even in this. You deserve better, Olethros. You are owed more than this.

Jax looked to the other blade, the mirror twin to the silver lightsaber in his right hand, and let its weight comfort him. These blades were his masterpieces, the ones he had poured the most of himself into. The crystals were taken from the storehouses on Yinchorr, chosen for their symmetry and balance, and inserted with great care into the hand-forged hilts. No thought was spared with their creation, from the simple linear form of the blackened durasteel and the magnetic clamps on the bases of the hilts, to the small hooks encircling the emitter dish. On his belt, Olethros was acutely aware of the two bands of neuranium he had salvaged from the project on the desert world, also custom-forged for these blades.

His lightsabers were everything, he was a warrior honed to a razor’s edge through decades of training and indoctrination. The scalpel-sharp tri-point tines surrounding the emitter dish of the silver blades in his hand reflected the eyes of the Sith Lord. There, he saw not his own familiar brown eyes, but the raptor slits of his evolution. There was no fear there, no resignation to the facts as presented nor the acceptance of things as they were. Instead there was intensity, there was resolve and there was anger. Fury. How dare he, how dare he throw aside a true servant so carelessly.

The voice spoke, a satisfied hiss in his ears as a chill like a blade of ice slipped into the base of his skull. Through victory your chains will be broken, Olethros. The power is here. Use it, become one with it, seize its reins and bend it to your will… and you will be unstoppable. The chill spread, and with it the aura around him darkened to the blackest night. Of course, Palpatine was blacker still, but this was not a time or a place for semantics. Turning, Olethros didn’t speak a word, but closed his eyes and let the Force pour through him, circulating, darkening to match his demeanor.

From his belt, two more lightsaber hilts arose. Releasing the ones in his hands and bringing the remaining bent-hilted blade to bear, the five lightsabers began to revolve around the Sovereign Protector. They began to whirl, slowly at first, orbiting him like electrons about the nucleus of an atom. His armor began to snap, the fastenings releasing and separating. Pieces flew off, one at a time, eventually leaving him clad in the black silk tunic and pants he wore beneath. He needed to counter speed with speed, and the armor would only be a hindrance in this situation.

As the duel between Palpatine and Vader raged on the other side of the throne room, Olethros began to walk. The lightsabers kept pace with him, the visage of Jax dark, a mask of calm concealing a boiling cauldron of lightning. Around him, the lightsabers began to ignite, first the silver blades, then the green, then finally two blades of synthetic bloodshine, from hilts of pure white. There was no longer a need for words. Reaching out, his hands seized one of the silver blades in his right hand, and one of the reds in his left. A grim smile creased his lips, and the other three blades shot back behind him to leave him free to move.

His stance quickly changed, his pace quickening as his body twisted to accommodate the styles the blades had been designed for. His right side pitched forward, focusing the dark side through his arm and his hand in the menace of Juyo, whereas the left side brought his physical prowess to bear in the focus of Djem-so. Releasing a cry of fury Jax launched forward, spinning in a barrel roll straight at Palpatine’s back.

But even as he spun, the blades behind him began to spin again, and as five blades intermingled there was a pause, a change, a twitch in the Force. Landing on his feet the situation had suddenly changed. Instead of having the silver blade in his right hand and the red in his left, there was now a red blade in his right hand and the green clutched in the fist of his left. Too, the former Sovereign Protector’s attack had changed, the blade designed for Makashi aiming a precise and debilitating strike at the back of Palpatine’s calf while the bloodshine blade aimed a vicious overhanded chop at the exposed curve of his thoracic spine.

Expand

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Tue, September 04th 2007 03:27pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
DT-060 'Sleeper'
Private

Post Posted: Tue, September 04th 2007 07:16pm    Post subject:

The hulking form of the Phase IV's slicing and mechanical expert crouched in the shadow of one of Imperial Palace's lower spires - her hand dancing over the access panel to the palace’s maintenance tunnels, working a ballet over the number pad to open it – it wasn’t that hard to open the locking system, palace security systems were top of the range for the civil war-era tech, she snorted in amusement – she’d been inside security systems far more complex in basic training, palace security systems were a couple behind the current systems beeing applied to newer Imperial constructions.

With a hiss of decompression the locking mechanisms within the hatch opened – the cutout of palace security covering the anuthorised access to the maintenance shafts. ‘Sleeper’ mentally reminded herself to thank Three Oh Seven for his part in causing the palace security cut-out. With her team tailing her she slid her armored bulk into the maintenance tunnel – landing softly for something of her weight and crouching low to slip through without hitting her head

Inside her helmet the 3d schematics of the palace maintenance network flashed on, bars of light in the form of arrows marking her path to her destination as she crawled at half-crouch through the tunnel network - moving forwards and upwards towards the internal palace network sub-station intersection for the Supreme Moff's office and the rest of the floor. From her position in the maintenance network the darktrooper glanced down towards the terminal.

It would have been childish to assume that the Supreme Moffs floor would be any less guarded than the mainframe itsself - she marked at least three armed guards through her hud before she dropped into the room, landing on raised platform in the center of the room and the unfortunate man standing on it who crumpled beneath the weight of the supersoldier as she hit him feet first. She crouched behind the terminals of the sub-station, sweeping the room for automated defenses that Three Oh Seven hadn't allready disabled before checking on the allready alert guards - she marked three again and blinked, she wasn't supposed to MISS anyone.

Carefully as she could she kicked the first trooper to try and reach her on the sub-stations platform in the groin and then delt him a blow to his head, opponents as they were Imperials like her weren't to be killed. She checked on the officer beneath her feet - he was broken...but not dead. She came out of her crouch and glanced around, the rest of her brethren had dealt with the remaining guards, except she now counted five unconcious bodies in total - meaning she had missed two men completel, she shook her head in annoyance IV's DIDN'T miss people - there was either something wrong with her, or a better explantion.

Shifting her concerns to the back of her brain she unclasped the slicing terminals from the magnetic clamps on her thighs, with her knife she pried open the terminal in front of her - glancing up at the dead sentry-gun above her to make sure it didn't spring alive - with the slicing-terminals resting on the surfaces either side of the terminal she was hacking 'Sleeper' started establishing connections between them and the palace network - delving into layers of the finest anti-slice code Intelligence had thrown up around the network.

She winced a little as she hit the first layer, burying any doubt of her abilities under a shielded ego – the security routines on the system were supposed to be Intelligences best…but Intelligence didn’t expect slicers who could use allmost all of their potential brain power like she could. It took her half an hour to finally break through all of Intelligences security on the network leaving the network flooding through the terminal naked to her whims.

She glanced up at her team, "Keep and eye on the nodes around the room - if they flash red....break them...that way they can't send alerts through the network. Intelligence wasn't stupid of course, they didn't stream everything through the sub-stations main terminal instead a variety of nodes around the sub-station also carried information elseware in the palace network what she needed was for those nodes to shut off so that she could start sending all feeds through the main terminal in front of her - the process, she decided, should be called a 'squeeze' as one by one she altered the network flows of each sub-system so that it all flooded through her terminal and out onto the network rather than each of the individual nodes - if a stream stopped sending...even for a moment, the monitoring systems on the network would lock down on the sub-station.

She forced a grin, childs-play for a darktrooper then - it was a slow process to ensure that nothing went wrong but she did eventually have the network flooding through her terminal, she just hoped she didn't overload it in the process. Using her tap she logged into the palace security communications network, sending an isolated allert command to all of the security personel between the Imperial Audience Chamber and the Supreme Moffs office, moving them off in a variety of pre-determined directions on a variety of different ghost hunts, giving a clear floor.

"This is Sleeper," she keyed her comms unit "The floor is clear for the run." she turned her attention back to the network - the Colonel General had made a clear request of her abilities - though she wasn't going to the Supreme Moffs office herself, she did need information from his personal terminals - she probed outwards down the network searching for the acess to the Supreme Moffs personal terminal.

Last edited by DT-060 'Sleeper' on Wed, September 05th 2007 06:47am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sat, September 15th 2007 01:47pm    Post subject:

He sensed the attack. Obviously, Jax wasn't going to give up on his attention-seeking, even if it meant his doom. Palpatine decided to oblige. Vader could wait.

The Sith executed an acrobatic jump away from Vader while cleaving the sabers attacking him in two. Four smoldering chunks of metal met the floor as Palpatine landed several meters from Jax. His eyes burned a searing yellow hue, steeped in Dark power.

"You are making yourself quite the annoyance," he snarled, the power surging through him causing his words, though barely above a whisper, to echo off the throne room walls. "Are you so eager to become one with the Force? Because I will grant you your wish!"

On his final word, he clenched his fist. An invisible snake constricted around the Guardsman's ribs, squeezing with the force to deform durasteel.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Sat, September 15th 2007 07:31pm    Post subject:

Two more sabers down. Damn it, these sun djem were getting really annoying... time to switch tactics.

But even as he did so, there was a twist, a warping of the Force. The Dark Lord's words resonated, but they fell on deaf ears as he prepared for the inevitable. Apparently he had finally gotten his attention, now it was time for the clone to see exactly why he was Ved Kennede's favorite student. Meeting the attack by tightening his chest, he took the invisible snake head-on.

Reinforced with the Force, he was having difficulty breathing but was managing to hold even the Dark Lord of the Sith at bay. This variant of telekinesis, using the Force to push against the Force, was well enough under his grasp to give him enough time to execute his other plans. His silver lightsabers flew to his hands, the remaining bloodshine blade hovering before his eyes, in perfect parallel with reptilian slits of his pupils.

His voice was harsh as he fought to retain his control, but he knew what he was doing. "So, the high and mighty Palpatine has finally decided to pay a faithful servant attention. Too bad you underestimated me, former Emperor, you might have had a valuable asset instead of a foe right now."

He felt his ribs creak, the cartilage twisting as it fought a loosing battle against the energies from without and within trying to keep the former Sovereign Protector's body in its normal shape. However, Jax could spare enough energy to bring the crimson lightsaber to bear, holding it in his minds eye as he considered. Finally, a stroke of innovation, and a cackle burst from his lips even as he stood immobilized.

The Sith Lord Avaritus, wisely remaining out of the fight, was needed... but not the man, only a blade. A lightsaber taken from one of the Inquisitorus that was mercilessly eliminated on Korriban rested within his robes, Jax could feel the resonance of the dead soul on the Adegan crystal. The lightsaber pulled from the folds of Avaritus' cloak and ignited with a snap-hiss in front of him, the shining blue blade nearly singing the Sith Lord's hair as it hovered in front of him for the briefest of moments.

Another twist of Jax's mind, and the lightsabers trembled slightly. His hands gripped hard on the hilts of his silver blades, letting the darkness of Juyo fill him, inundate him, until Carnor Jax was nothing more than a boulder in a swirling vortex of the Dark Side, a maelstrom of Force energy that whirled and crashed around him. The sabers dropped the slightest bit, then snarled towards Palpatine with the speed of a blaster bolt.

But their flight was erratic. The Dark Side energies swirling around Jax, struggling against the Force that Palpatine was putting forth caused the blades to waver and change trajectories mid-flight. The smears of red and blue that whirled through the Throne Room altered course, then suddenly veered and aimed straight for Palpatine. The crimson blade, the Sith bloodshine was eager for blood, and oriented itself at the former Emperor's neck as the blue blade aimed for his waist, aiming to acheive a perfect Sai Tok from the Sith Lord's right side..

Expand

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Sat, September 15th 2007 07:32pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Imperial Palace
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: