}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Lucas for a Day
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » Lucas for a Day
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leyao Quon
Private

Post Posted: Sat, September 13th 2008 03:12pm    Post subject: Lucas for a Day

If you were able to be George Lucas for a day what would you do? Would you make certain aspects of the SWU non-canon, license the game we all love so much, or what? Let us know!

I personally would 'accidently' lose the master tapes of the prequals. Accidently.

Field Marshall Leyao Quon
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, September 13th 2008 03:28pm    Post subject:

I'd throw myself off a cliff.
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 13th 2008 06:41pm    Post subject:

I'd throw Cray off a cliff :P

I'd electrocute myself every time I had a thought of Jar Jar and Emo Anakin

<Rank image pending...>

Scyntor: Oh and this is my new best friend Zero...no...noooo...don't point the big experimental plasma weapon at the nice rebel leader...
 Back to top »
Raslan Karl Langsdorff
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, September 13th 2008 06:59pm    Post subject:

Declare everything SW that was done post-1999 (including Prequels) to be money-grubbing shit, initiate an enormous project in the hands of Michael Stackpole, Timothy Zahn et al to write a proper continuation and pre-A New Hope era stuff, then retire and take a legal contract never to interfere again.
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, September 13th 2008 08:09pm    Post subject:

Wallow in my billions and watch dirty movies all day.

In short, I'd do exactly as GL does now.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Leyao Quon
Private

Post Posted: Sat, September 13th 2008 08:33pm    Post subject:

So you'd do exactly as you do now, except with more money?

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, September 13th 2008 08:37pm    Post subject:

Yes, but I also wouldn't be doing creative writing papers, physics lab reports, and calculus.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, September 13th 2008 09:21pm    Post subject:

I'd throw Langsdorff off a cliff just for the hell of it.

Then I'd walk up to Karen Traviss, thank her for the Republic Commando series, then beat her over the head with a bat for everything else she did.

Now for the list...
    --I'd rewrite the Force history, remove any and all traces of the word "midi-chlorian".

--Kill Hayden Christianson.

--Remove any and all traces of Jedi and Sith dance fighting; ala all the fighting styles from the prequels.

--Remove the law that main characters are completely safe from death to make things more interesting and risky in the storyline. Having them immortal just makes it so damned boring and predictable.

--Kill Hayden Christianson's corpse.

--Give public support for SW VIII.

--Un-canonize certain unnecessary elements from the movies, such as Greedo shooting first.

--Make sure Palpy is permanently dead.

--Resurrect Mara Jade in some way to erase the damage a certain unqualified writer did to her...

--Kill the Ewoks and cook them in the plot.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, September 13th 2008 09:27pm    Post subject:

A tad obsessive. I'd just pull a Roddenberry and rule everything non-canon. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Leyao Quon
Private

Post Posted: Sat, September 13th 2008 10:55pm    Post subject:

Even your own books!

Back to top »
The Master
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, September 14th 2008 06:58am    Post subject:

Quote:
Michael Stackpole

Friendship over.

--John Saxon--
Legitimate businessman, family man

(Also, wants to rule Universe with iron fist)

"*hugs Alexus* You are so my favorite player" - Nev.

Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, September 15th 2008 02:49pm    Post subject:

Kalydon Skirata wrote:
I'd rewrite the Force history, remove any and all traces of the word "midi-chlorian".

Midi-Chlorians are AWESOME! They killed the last un-realistic element of SW! Kill them and I shall keell you! :evil:

Quote:
Remove any and all traces of Jedi and Sith dance fighting; ala all the fighting styles from the prequels.

I've tested them! They actually work! I can beat the tar out of my brother that way!

Quote:
Give public support for SW VIII.

Ams wouldn't like that... *points at "Enormously evil scheme* >_>

Quote:
Un-canonize certain unnecessary elements from the movies, such as Greedo shooting first.

--Make sure Palpy is permanently dead.

YAY! KAL/GEORGE FTW! At least on this matter. :D
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, September 15th 2008 03:08pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Midi-Chlorians are AWESOME! They killed the last un-realistic element of SW! Kill them and I shall keell you! :evil:

.........................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................
As for midichlorians being realistic, they violate several principles of biology. They are not realistic and just wreck one of the great mysteries of SW.

Expand

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Mon, September 15th 2008 03:38pm    Post subject:

They don't violate biology at all. :p There are far more ridiculous things. Even if this were so the Force is already a violation of... everything already. They are, however, decidedly stupid.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Mon, September 15th 2008 03:42pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jacob Kiles

Post Posted: Mon, September 15th 2008 05:45pm    Post subject:

Midichlorians made the Force go from "OOH IT'S SPOOKY SPACE TELEKINESIS," to "OOH IT'S SPOOKY SPACE BACTERIA."
 Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, September 16th 2008 01:40pm    Post subject:

They're not spooky. It's like a virus that is not harmful, and it responds to brain waves the same way your muscles do. You get a few thousand of them and you have Force. Bang. Not spooky, unrealistic, or that unlikely.
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue, September 16th 2008 03:03pm    Post subject:

As I said, they are a stupid idea that totally devalues the concept of the Force, but they're not some kind of impossible thing.
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Tue, September 16th 2008 03:20pm    Post subject:

dudop wrote:

Just because something is more realistic doesn't make it better. Nevin hit it right on the head of the nail with what he just said. It devalues the Force.

dudop wrote:
I've tested them! They actually work! I can beat the tar out of my brother that way!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the duels too. They look cool. But as far as practicality is concerned, they would be horrible for a real fight. Watch the prequel duels closely. There's so many gaps where a REAL fighter would have just stabbed the other person and been done with it.

As far as sword fighting goes, fencing is the closest relation I can make to what we see in Star Wars. But even the best fencers in the world don't fight the way the Jedi do. In fact, it looks nothing like it. In real fighting (swords or otherwise), practicality takes precedence over style. It has to, or you die.

Of course, the Jedi can get away with it since they have microscopic bacteria living inside their bodies to help them fight.
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, September 16th 2008 08:13pm    Post subject:

Midichlorians can bite my shiny metal butt....

Seriously, what? Before and after them it doesn't lessen how silly the force is...it just gives it a different explanation other than it beeing a higher background energy flowing through the universe...and it doesn't even remotley explain why certain ethical decisions are so directly detrimental to Force Users in terms of mental and physical health.

The prequels were utter piles of gosa on so many counts its hard to look at them otherwise...there were four good actors (Ewan, Liam Neelson, Ian McDarmid and Christopher Lee) the entire cast outside of them didn't have a single idea what to do.

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, September 18th 2008 06:42pm    Post subject:

I much rather prefer mystical energy fields to subcellular organisms. And most annoying is how EVERYONE in the PT knows everything about the Jedi and the Force (a trend I noticed here, too... but that's another discussion)... yet twenty years later, nobody believes in the Force. No one. No one knows Palpatine is a Sith Lord (even Tyber Zann, a flaming godmod canonwise in terms of skill, knowledge, and reach thought that Vader was the sole Sith Lord in the Galaxy), yet in the PT... meh. :p

Midichlorians suck.

Expand

Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, September 19th 2008 06:23pm    Post subject:

Adria Reyna wrote:
Midichlorians can bite my shiny metal butt....

Seriously, what? Before and after them it doesn't lessen how silly the force is...it just gives it a different explanation other than it beeing a higher background energy flowing through the universe...and it doesn't even remotley explain why certain ethical decisions are so directly detrimental to Force Users in terms of mental and physical health.

The prequels were utter piles of gosa on so many counts its hard to look at them otherwise...there were four good actors (Ewan, Liam Neelson, Ian McDarmid and Christopher Lee) the entire cast outside of them didn't have a single idea what to do.
Aside from the first bit... teah, I agree with you one hundred percent.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » Lucas for a Day
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: