}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Star Wars - The Force Unleashed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » Star Wars - The Force Unleashed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How excited are you for The Force Unleashed?
I'm going to build a time machine and go forward to September 16th to buy it (Very Excited)!
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
I think it'll be pretty cool (Moderately Excited)!
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Meh, it's a game (Not Excited).
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 11

dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, June 15th 2008 02:33pm    Post subject:

307 wrote:
So it's a 'pile of crap' with advanced sensors, a cloaking device, powerful shields
Woah, woah, woah. Define that will you... right now it's so vague that it just doesn't mean anything. It doesn't help anything either, because it seems to have a single engine... somewhere off to the side of the ship. (What are those shields, one petawatt?)

As for what Ams said... I'm sure there's some point in the game when they use a stationery, non-interactive model for her, that you can treat any way you want... I think that would be much more fun than killing her... :twisted:
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, June 15th 2008 05:57pm    Post subject:

Ooooooooookay...:P Don't think we want to hear any more.

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, June 15th 2008 06:37pm    Post subject:

...That creeped out even me. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, June 15th 2008 06:38pm    Post subject:

"Press RB to...wait, what?" O_o

Anyone who's played Halo 3 will chuckle. :P

*Stabs Wedge repeatedly* :P Now everybody's happy. - Lazer

In Soviet Russia, Force uses you! :P - Kypjargon

Sarin, you ***** *** pansy, you screw with me, you screw with my GIANT LASER GUN. - Xaph, imitating Commander Shepard
 Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, June 16th 2008 08:39am    Post subject:

Oh, come on, I meant swinging a lightsaber at her repeatedly... what did you think I meant? :shock: No, don't answer that.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, June 16th 2008 12:52pm    Post subject:

This is what you get for being stuck with a bunch of people who graduated high school or are in their senior year. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, June 16th 2008 02:00pm    Post subject:

Not me. :(

Sarin, you ***** *** pansy, you screw with me, you screw with my GIANT LASER GUN. - Xaph, imitating Commander Shepard
 Back to top »
Don Corleone
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, June 17th 2008 10:08am    Post subject:

You say 'swing your lightsaber' in an attempt to make it less creepy? You're weird. At any rate, I look forward to the game, canon or not. If I can crash a Star Destroyer into a planet and do all manner of evil things, I'm in. It'll be a game for those times when I'm up at three in the morning saying to myself "I want to kill something." You know. When Hitman doesn't quite cut it.
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, June 17th 2008 10:34am    Post subject:

I'll buy it at some point, for the killing of things, but its not going to be any good.

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, June 17th 2008 10:35am    Post subject:

I have to admit, if the idea of dropping an ISD like a rock into a planet doesn't get people interested, nothing will.

Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, June 17th 2008 01:39pm    Post subject:

I've done that in Rouge Leader.

And how is swinging a lightsaber at a stationery model of a character you want to kill anyway... I am so confused. :?
Hiram Drayson
Private

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 12:02pm    Post subject:

Wow...I just finished reading the book, and I have to say...the ending really makes you look at the entire Rebellion with a different viewpoint. An extremely different viewpoint.
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 01:30pm    Post subject:

Hiram Drayson wrote:
Wow...I just finished reading the book, and I have to say...the ending really makes you look at the entire Rebellion with a different viewpoint. An extremely different viewpoint.

Yes, a viewpoint that had me throwing objects at my computer screen and attempting to gauge my eyes out. >:

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 01:34pm    Post subject:

Han Solo wrote:
Hiram Drayson wrote:

Yes, a viewpoint that had me throwing objects at my computer screen and attempting to gauge my eyes out. >:

For those of us who are probably never going to touch the book...what viewpoint would this be?

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hiram Drayson
Private

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 03:12pm    Post subject:

SPOILERS: Darth Vader, after being forced to 'kill' his apprentice in front of Palpatine, brought him back to health and charged him with gathering an army to draw the Emperor's attention so that they could kill him. Starkiller convinced Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Garm Bel Iblis to meet and form a Rebellion, not telling them the truth. However, the apprentice was betrayed a second time by Vader, who had used him to gather the dissidents in the Empire to be executed. Starkiller was left for dead and the three leaders were captured, but Starkiller regained his strength and traveled to the Death Star to rescue them, besting Vader in combat (Yeah, that didn't fly for me either) in the proces. The Rebels scaped, but Starkiller was killed by the Emperor, so in order to honor his name, Starkiller's family crest was used as the symbol of the Rebellion.
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 08:14pm    Post subject:

Yeah, read that on Wookieepedia. Short story, spoiler-free: totally crapping on the OT and EU post-prequels.

Expand

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 08:43pm    Post subject:

Yeah...that really sucks. Yet another reason for me to pass on the game.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 08:46pm    Post subject:

I'm seriously considering decanonizing it for VIII, as well as everything else that comes out after a certain point.

Expand

Back to top »
Raslan Karl Langsdorff
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 08:55pm    Post subject:

As before, get rid of everything made canon after 1999, that'll sort it. The Jedi would still be mystical instead of a bunch of ninjas with superpowers who are SO COOL, and so on.
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 08:58pm    Post subject:

The events described in TFU are non-SWVIII canon unless otherwise stated.
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 09:20pm    Post subject:

Hmm... Han, Cray; wanna decanonize midichlorians? :p

Expand

Back to top »
Hiram Drayson
Private

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 09:23pm    Post subject:

As I've said before, I'm getting the game solely for the entertainment that will come from punting Jawas and Ugnaughts with the Force. :P

And Star Destroyers, apparently. >_>
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 09:23pm    Post subject:

It seems that we're not the only ones "de-canonizing" TFU. A lot of people are up in arms about this. Not cool.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 09:28pm    Post subject:

Well, who the hell (among serious Star Wars fans... I guess that does need some clarifying :p) wouldn't be up in arms about making the Rebellion formed by and around a fricking Sith Lord[/spoilers]?

Expand

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Wed, August 20th 2008 10:01pm    Post subject:

Raslan Karl Langsdorff wrote:
As before, get rid of everything made canon after 1999, that'll sort it. The Jedi would still be mystical instead of a bunch of ninjas with superpowers who are SO COOL, and so on.

I do not fully agree with you on your idea. There's some things I think should be kept around, mostly military hardware that was introduced during that period.

Though I do agree on changing the Force users...it might give them back some amount of dignity. :lol:

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » Star Wars - The Force Unleashed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: