}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Imperial Productions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Imperial Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 12:29am    Post subject:

It's a nice, populated planet. Lots of income... or labor. :p

As for Death Stars and other designs, well... we can do that on our own. We had the guys who came up with it before the PT retconned everything to hell.

In any case, this discussion is starting to edge toward frostiness. We're all friends here... or else! :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 12:33am    Post subject:

All right, well, Geonosians are better looking than Shayera.

That should count towards something tactical. :P
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 12:37am    Post subject:

...Yes. -10 HP and attack. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Don Corleone
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 12:38am    Post subject:

In VII it would be a tactically viable planet, due to it's close proximity to Tatooine, the Alliance throne world of the time. Though I don't know about now.
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 12:04pm    Post subject:

I didn't know that. What would a capitol of anything be doing on Tatooine?

I know what Goenosis is good for! Seeing as it has a population of 100 billion, which is govrned by the caste system, you could recruit an army twice the size of the Clone Army, heck, twenty times, without making a dent in the population, and because of the warrior and pilot castes you wouldn't have to pay for training. I call it military out-sourcing.
The Master
Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 12:13pm    Post subject:

The Clone Army's true size is probably way in excess of what Geonosis could afford to equip or even raise...

--John Saxon--
Legitimate businessman, family man

(Also, wants to rule Universe with iron fist)

"*hugs Alexus* You are so my favorite player" - Nev.

Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 12:26pm    Post subject:

Considering the Imperial military far outstrips that foolish "3 million clones" number anyway, and Geos don't look good in our uniforms, we wouldn't have a reason to recruit them in an invasion. :p

Also, recruiting soldiers costs a lot of money. Plus you have to arm them, which costs more money... unless you want massive banzai charges by melee warriors.

Expand

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Tue, May 27th 2008 01:23pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
The Master
Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 12:47pm    Post subject:

Bonsai charges?

--John Saxon--

Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 12:57pm    Post subject:

Sorry. I believe the modern term is "Zergling rush." :p

Expand

Back to top »
The Master
Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 01:09pm    Post subject:

I belive the great genius just mixed up Bonsai and Banzai :P

--John Saxon--

Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 01:22pm    Post subject:

Damn thing didn't recognize the first one. Or maybe I'm talking of surging trees. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Don Corleone
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 06:31pm    Post subject:

Oh know! The hedges are attacking!
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 07:02pm    Post subject:

Play Warhammer...and learn that that is not as bad as it sounds...

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, May 29th 2008 11:41am    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Considering the Imperial military far outstrips that foolish "3 million clones" number anyway, and Geos don't look good in our uniforms, we wouldn't have a reason to recruit them in an invasion. :p

Also, recruiting soldiers costs a lot of money. Plus you have to arm them, which costs more money... unless you want massive banzai charges by melee warriors.
I figured any "Geo" of the warrior caste would have a weapon of their own. And "bonsai" charges may not be such a bad idea... it's the last thing the enemy will expect and it doesn't matter how many die because they were so cheap in the first place :twisted:
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, May 29th 2008 12:23pm    Post subject:

Except you have buy/manufacture every weapon, every piece of equipment, every ship. That the whole point to our economic system: no free rides.

Expand

Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, May 30th 2008 11:54am    Post subject:

Wait... you mean NPCs can't do anything unless you pay them and tell them to do it, and therefore planetary culture does not exist whatsoever? What about Anakin's podracer? That was made of garbage and scrap parts, but he won a podrace with it on which was wagered his own freedom and a T-16 hyperdrive. He couldn't have bought that if he wanted to, because he was a slave, which must also be illegal.
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, May 30th 2008 12:06pm    Post subject:

Not at all.

Expand

Back to top »
The Master
Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, May 30th 2008 12:27pm    Post subject:

Slaves? Swear by em, very useful.

--John Saxon--

Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, May 30th 2008 12:28pm    Post subject:

Wait... what? :oops:

Well I guess this would be a good time to say that I do agree that space ships ought to be paid for.

So... by not at all do you mean all that can be done, or it can't?
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Fri, May 30th 2008 12:49pm    Post subject:

Ships and things like that must be paid for. Even in your Anakin's podracer example, it must usually be paid for also... if a cash value doesn't make sense, the money spent represents the time needed.

For example, when we had the Killiks on this RPG, money was not something they used. So, the money system to them was representative of the time and the food required to do something.

So, basically, money is money is money, but sometimes it represents something other than compensation or purchases.

The only exceptions are things a character starts with; a blaster pistol, a speeder bike, a crappy old fighter... something like that. Or, on occasion, something for a plot; for example, the costs of organizing and transporting people to and from the upcoming ball are not even in the equation. And that's on a case-by-case basis. A new Imperial recruit certainly isn't going to start out with his own Executor, for example.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Fri, May 30th 2008 12:52pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, May 30th 2008 04:35pm    Post subject:

Actually, you start with clothing and maybe a residence. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, May 30th 2008 05:49pm    Post subject:

Unless your Masters see fit to equip you with something else...to the best of my memory, certain canon characters don't pay up for canon assets...for instance I don't think Han was made to pay for the Falcon?

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, May 30th 2008 05:55pm    Post subject:

Because he already owned it at the beginning of the game? :P

*Stabs Wedge repeatedly* :P Now everybody's happy. - Lazer

In Soviet Russia, Force uses you! :P - Kypjargon

Sarin, you ***** *** pansy, you screw with me, you screw with my GIANT LASER GUN. - Xaph, imitating Commander Shepard
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, May 30th 2008 06:01pm    Post subject:

Correct. Han got the Falcon. Luke got Artoo. Leia got Han. :p

But for original characters, you can say you control the uberest space fleet of doom until you're blue in the face... but it won't mean anything to CMAC.

Expand

Back to top »
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Fri, May 30th 2008 07:01pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Considering the Imperial military far outstrips that foolish "3 million clones" number anyway

3 million units. I think that was one of those convenient retcons they had to use to cover a screw-up.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Imperial Productions
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: