}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Legacy of the Force: Invincible
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » Legacy of the Force: Invincible
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, May 20th 2008 12:57pm    Post subject:

This sounds almost as messed up as the Black Fleet crisis.
IDK who Daala is exactly, but who else would be in charge? Palpatine died in VI, and even I remember that after all these years. Do you think it should be Ams? :wink:
The title is totally random, I'll bet...
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, May 20th 2008 07:05pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Keep laughing... Jaina comes the progenitor of a new Imperial bloodline. :p

Neh, Jagged is the only post-1998 character I like...

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, May 20th 2008 07:20pm    Post subject:

Jaina is pre-'98.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Tue, May 20th 2008 11:30pm    Post subject:

So, probably gonna get lynched for this, but I just finished Sacrifice and I don't have a problem with the novels so far.

I thought the Mara thing fitted perfectly with how Star Wars tends to do things with destiny and whatnot.

I mean Luke manages to overcome Vader, one of the best swordsmen in the galaxy after a month or so of training because a prophecy said so.

Jacen kills Mara despite being greviously injured in a fight he should lose, because another prophecy says so. Its his destiny to become the Dark Lord and the Force allows him to rise above his physical ailments to do that.

I gotta say too, I like Jacen ... he is fast becoming one of my favourite EU characters.

Cue angry lynch mob :P

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, May 20th 2008 11:33pm    Post subject:

...Oh yeah, you're gonna die. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 01:21pm    Post subject:

Pesonally I think Mara Jade was one of the stupidest ideas ever in...

I take that back. There have been plenty of stupider things.

Why did Luke break the Jedi Code? What the hell do they see in each other? :evil:
The Master
Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 01:24pm    Post subject:

The Jedi Code is bull. I hate it.

--John Saxon--
Legitimate businessman, family man

(Also, wants to rule Universe with iron fist)

"*hugs Alexus* You are so my favorite player" - Nev.

Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 01:25pm    Post subject:

...Ugh. The Jedi Code...

Maybe Luke realized that an order of celibate monks did no good when you needed to replenish the numbers. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 01:28pm    Post subject:

The Jedi Code is part of why the old Order fell. Luke realized that and made some changes.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 01:30pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I was just thinking... the whole "no attachment" aspect is directly responsible for the fall of the Order.

If Anakin could've been open about his marriage to Padme, and that she was pregnant, chances are Yoda would've had more sympathy than just "Oh, be happy they're dying!" At the very least, he would've tried to save Padme for the kids so he can indoctrinate them in Jedi dogma.

Instead, Anakin had to hide it and it became a major weakness... a weakness that Palpatine exploited.

Expand

Back to top »
The Master
Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 01:43pm    Post subject:

TBPFH, the way the Jedi were presented in the PT made me glad they were all killed. They deserved to be wiped out.

--John Saxon--

Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 01:43pm    Post subject:

Same, honestly. Blind, arrogant, and self-centered. So much for "Defenders of the Galaxy."

Expand

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 01:58pm    Post subject:

*shrug* I wouldn't say that. They were arrogant, but I would not say they were self-centered or self-serving. They just saw no problem, except for Mace and Yoda, like, 30 minutes before. :p
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 02:32pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Jaina is pre-'98.

I was referring to the one whome she makes woopie with...

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 02:42pm    Post subject:

...Should I start a list? :p

Expand

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 02:55pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Yeah, I was just thinking... the whole "no attachment" aspect is directly responsible for the fall of the Order.

If Anakin could've been open about his marriage to Padme, and that she was pregnant, chances are Yoda would've had more sympathy than just "Oh, be happy they're dying!" At the very least, he would've tried to save Padme for the kids so he can indoctrinate them in Jedi dogma.

Instead, Anakin had to hide it and it became a major weakness... a weakness that Palpatine exploited.

I can see some real world applications here, and what just happened with California's Supreme Court. Butttt, I'll dodge an admin bullet and pass the opportunity to go way off topic. :P

I just think they held themselves above everyone else, because they had to. And usually, that made them come off as bastards.
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 05:27pm    Post subject:

Han Solo wrote:
The Jedi Code is part of why the old Order fell. Luke realized that and made some changes.
WHAT?!? The Jedi code was why the Jedi didn't fall apart earlier. As you may recall, Palpatine's scheme didn't even involve the code. The Order fell apart when following of the code became... less enforced.

But I understand the explanation of why the code was broken later. Just not why it was Luke who broke it.

You do not understand that bit about letting go of what you wish to loose, Ams. If Padme hadn't been around, Anakin would have been tempted anyway. He was weak. Jedi are not blind. They see a lot more than you.

Back on topic, do Jacen and Jaina happen to be the same who were born to the Solos? That would be creepy.
Cade Forge

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 05:35pm    Post subject:

dudop wrote:
Back on topic, do Jacen and Jaina happen to be the same who were born to the Solos? That would be creepy.

Yes, the very same.
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 05:39pm    Post subject:

Wow... but I guess I didn't really like what I've heard about Jacen.
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 09:57pm    Post subject:

Not necessarily. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 10:05pm    Post subject:

I'm with Kal...mystic Jedi Order...much better than OMGFANBOY Jedi Order...one of the major advantages that the OT holds over EU.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 10:47pm    Post subject:

True.

Expand

Back to top »
Jace911
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 10:49pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Pesonally I think Mara Jade was one of the stupidest ideas ever in...

DIE DIE DIE DIE STAB STAB STAB SHOOT SHOOT BANG

"Screw Lucas." - Moff, avid Star wars fanboy

Attack of the Clones, as summarized by Alexus.

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, May 21st 2008 11:10pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Mara is awesome. :p

Expand

Back to top »
The Master
Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, May 22nd 2008 05:11am    Post subject:

If by "awesome" you mean a whore.

Actually, yes, she is awesome. I loved Heir to the Empire, makes me proud of the EU.

--John Saxon--

Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » Legacy of the Force: Invincible
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: