}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
A minor issue...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » A minor issue...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, May 12th 2008 12:33pm    Post subject: A minor issue...

My character just got approved. My first thought was something along the lines of: "Yay, now I get to buy my own fighter or captain a ship or something and blow something up" but then I noticed that - I have no idea how to actually introduce my character into the galaxy. Where do I start? Is there some default planet to go to?
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, May 12th 2008 01:39pm    Post subject:

I just reviewed your application, and it seems like you went with the Rebel Alliance. Virtually all of our words are open to you, so if you had a preference, I'd double-check and contact Nevin Antilles and compare your ideas, to what he thinks would be best.

You could start on a neutral world, or possibly an Imperial or other affiliated world, but you must seek that faction's Out of Character permission in most, if not all, cases.

Nevin or Ackbar would be best suited to place you, if you needed some guidance. :)

And remember, never feel locked into a position. I'm sure we can all agree that we've gone through something we started would be cool, then as the RPG progressed, we've evolved and the characters changed and the sorts. Arlyn originally went as an Intelligence Agent, but found herself in a defunct political Heckler-ran government, before becoming the Lady of Geonosis, then back to Rebel Intelligence... only to be turned into the Security Chief.

It's weird, really. :P
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, May 12th 2008 03:05pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël Pallanén wrote:

Nevin or Ackbar would be best suited to place you, if you needed some guidance. :)

Ahem

You mean Nevin and myself. Ackbar isn't a faction leader. :wink:

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, May 12th 2008 03:39pm    Post subject:

Correct. Ackbar is for IC placement, after you talk it over with Han and Nevin. They're the real power in the Alliance. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Tue, May 13th 2008 03:12am    Post subject:

Okay.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » A minor issue...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: