}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Carlita's Pub
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Carlita's Pub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 03:07pm    Post subject: Carlita's Pub

Dancers from various species filled the room, as the lights dimmed and the music blared. It wasn't a typical place for a woman to be, surrounded by the men with a dire sense of lust. It was here, however, that Arlyn had chosen to personally communicate with one of her informants, and with the proper evidence, she'd be able to capture one of the leading assailants. Legally, he is wanted for murder, but he has had some contact with Imperial worlds that could prove useful for anti-Imperial Intelligence.

Though her wings typically gave her away, she had coincidentally arranged the night for "Angel Dancers", and with every stripper in the pub wearing a variety of wings, it allowed the Chief to move about more freely.

At a small table, a pair of three rested before a twi'lek striptease, their hoots and howls of joy overtop the rest of the males. Wearing a wig, and several facial adjustments, she cruised the table floor; gaining attention in her right.

"Owww." a few of the desperate males shouted, their hands flashing a few credit sticks. She ignored them, her target lay directly ahead.

The Crimelord.

"What is an angel doing so far from heaven?" the man's cruel smile bent as he dipped his head, before extending his hand in a proposition of a gentleman.

Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, May 06th 2008 02:23pm    Post subject:

To a biological human, the club was dark and sight was limited to very few meters. As a Human Replica, however, her sight was perfect. Plastered wings extended from her shoulders as she moved about the club, scanning the perimeter for any kind of hidden agents, or assailants waiting to strike.

"Toots, I've got forty five credits." an obese twi'lek dropped his hands near his crotch, before his fingers slowly unzipped his trousers. Various green club lights scanned the area, illuminating a smile across Eve's face as she stepped towards the man. She bent low, descending towards her knees as she approached. "No teeth, sweetie." He warned, as though dangling the credit stick from out of reach. She nodded, her teeth forming a playful grab, before her knuckles constricted and slammed into his groin area with above human strength.

The twi'lek yelped, as she pulled a blaster from the side of her leg and aimed it under his chin. "Make any kind of petty advances like that again, and you'll lose more than a head." Pun intended, she watched him scurry away, while tears streamed from his eyes from the shear velocity of the pain.

In the distance, she could see Arlyn approaching the table. Over the comlinks she heard the pre-determined greeting, "What is an angel doing so far from heaven?" Looking directly at the man, Eve began to run his images with the criminal databanks. Match.

"Agent Pheonix confirms a match." Eve relayed the information, before waiting for the next agent to check in.
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, May 06th 2008 02:36pm    Post subject:

Gliding against the club, his posture was neutral against the advances of the seductive party animals. Arlyn was brilliant to approach the club with the winged angel night, yet it made finding her so much harder. "Agent Pheonix, this is Kar-" Frak, "...Agent Huttslime, I can't locate her at all."

"Hey big boy," something grabbed his ass, "Wanna play?" He turned, to find a massive redhead with wings. Anything with red hair, and wings was a major turn off. Especially this one, with somekind of foreign, alien accent as though it was from the uncivilized Unknown Regions...

"No thanks." Karlos told the woman, waving her off.

"I'm good with swords... and I can blast well." she attempted to lure him with a smile, but the face was too odd to 'extend to anything'. "Come on..."

"Ha ha ha." he chuckled, before whispering into the comlink, "Huttslime, is having some issues establishing perimeter!"

Suddenly, something from behind Karlos grabbed his chest, and played with his stomach before ending with a kiss, "He's mine, bitch."

"Wha-" Karlos called out, before realizing it was Evelynn. Thank the Force Gods. "Oh, honey, it's you!"

The redheaded winged wonder growled a snarl, before turning and disappearing into the club.
 Back to top »
Ryan Davad
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, May 07th 2008 02:49am    Post subject:

Long blaster rifles leaned against the table as he sat within a special area that overlooked the club. Agents stood behind portable computers, the surveillance systems scanning the area, and keeping an eye on the agents themselves. Two Jedi sent by Master Yoogle rested against the bar itself, as Karlos and Eve pivoted their locations against Arlyn and the crimelord's table.

Currently, Arlyn's audio was active:

"- the location of the spices?" the crimelord's voice hinted towards suspicion, "Why are you advancing your end of the deal?"

"My end of the deal, Mr. Kovashca?" he could almost see her defense, "You altered the arrangement several times, and my employer will not stand for a second."

Ketra's voice broke over a second channel, "Hey! Get off me!" Instantly, Ryan's eyes flashed to the holo cams surrounding Karlos, and wasn't too alarmed when he saw an advancing club dancer.

"Huttslime, turn off the mic, don't clog the channels." Ryan ordered, not wanting his attention diverted from Arlyn any more than it had to me. The man grumbled, attempting to shift away from the forceful dancer....

"Pheonix, can you check the three men on your six?" Ryan pointed to the holo screen to signal the analyst to follow along.

"Copy that." came the Supercomputer's response...and seconds later, her Human Replica model was moving through the crowd to approach the three individuals...

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Wed, May 07th 2008 03:15am    Post subject:

His face was crude, filled with years of black market deals and double crosses. The odds were, he had an idea and a pure feeling that something was about to happen, that something would convict him, or lead him to straight into a Rebellion detention cell. Arlyn's lips touched the glass of her favorite blue soda, her brown eyes taking a temporary close to savor the taste.

She opened them slowly, as the man said, "What is an angel doing so far from heaven?" The crimelord's voice was filled with a variety of emotions, allowing Arlyn to take advantage of her sudden appearance, and indulge in a powerful silent pause. If his question was not answered exactly in the predetermined means, the two men behind him would blast her.

"Heaven is a bit too dry this season," her eyes glanced from one guard to the next, as she completed the phrase, "and the devil offered me a drink." She lifted the glass and held it in midair. The crime boss nodded, waiving his guards off, before raising his own ale.

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss Corrin'an." their glasses clinked, not typically audible against the beat and vibrations of the club music. Over the comlink she could hear that Karlos had run into some issues, and through Ryan's instructions, Eve would ensure he was placed.

"My employer sends his regards, and thanks for the private audience to which you are showing me tonight." Arlyn answered efficiently, before continuing, "I believe you are aware that the spice runs to Hutt Space have become much more...difficult." Her Coruscanti accent ran rather fluently, and without any weak pronunciations. "It's time to increase the ante. We need the spices in a week."

The man took a drink, "A week?"

"Yes, where should our ships pick up the shipment?"

"The location of the spices? Why are you advancing your end of the deal?" His voice was calm, yet it held a sense of suspicion. And though she was properly disguised, she couldn't risk her cover being blown.

"Me end of the deal, Mr. Kovashca? You altered the arrangement several times, and my employer will not stand for a second."

"A second change, huh?" his tone revealed a possible heritage to the Outer Rims, or possibly, his birthplace. His patience was dwindling, as he took a small sip, before launching into a small fit of rage. "You think I won't find someone else to make the run? I can probably save a few thousand credits." He scoffed, "I don't think your employer is smart...movin' the deal up. Who does he think he is?"

Assets and agents weren't in place, not yet. And they didn't have enough to convict him. Right this very moment, units should be confiscating his speeder and collecting the navigation route to track his recent hideaways, and residence. For now, Arlyn needed to stall. "My employer can afford to lose this job." She narrowed her eyes, "I'm assuming we're done here." Her legs pushed away from the table, causing the chair to skid slightly against the flooring.

"The spices will be on Toydaria." the crimelord answered, his hand extending towards a small sweet-roll from the table, "I'll need eight days to prepare them for transport."

Arlyn smiled, retracting back to the table. "Seems reasonable..."

Sark
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, May 08th 2008 03:22am    Post subject:

Three Blocks from Carlita's Pub

Sark entered the speeder complex where the crimelord's personal transport waited, alongside were his entourage of guards and backup vehicles. The Human Replica Droid was covered in rags, with a twisted and odd looking cane accessory; which happened to conceal a modified blast cannon. His eyes peered over the hanger, before he had found the target Arlyn had ordered him to subdue, and capture.

"Get outta here, ya slumball!" one of the thugs shouted, opening his vest to reveal a blaster, "Don't do anything you'd regret."

Sark mumbled a few things, his vocal processors adjusting so he sounded fifty years senior. He begged for a few credit sticks, while passing nonchalantly until being able to position himself.

In a dramatic, and almost cinematic fashion, the Humanoid Droid tossed off the blanket of rags, revealing military equivalent armor and a wide armanent of personal blasters. He kicked the outer shell of the blast cannon, before taking aim at the second bodyguard speeder. Within two seconds, he had fired a mini rocket, and began to target the others.

"Son of a bitch!" one of the guards shouted, his voice barely audible against the explosion, "Get that bastard! Get that bastard!" Was the last thing he was able to say, before Sark moved and planted the hilt of the blast cannon through his entire skull.

With blood dripping, and the guard mutilated, the others took advantage of their humanoid flight reflex, and bolted from their positions. One by one, Sark shot them in the back...

With the crime lord's guards eliminated, and his personal speeder acquired, Sark began to access his on-board navigational system...

"Destroyer here," his voice communicated over the channels, and back to the Human Replica Droid designated as Ryan Davad, "I've disabled the guards...I'm downloading the navigational archives into our database now..."
 Back to top »
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, May 08th 2008 03:44am    Post subject:

"Turn off my mic!" Karlos complained as they took their positions, "What if I needed backup, or someone was going for a blaster?!" He crossed his arms, before taking a seat at a table that overlooked Arlyn's position.

"Listen to his orders, and keep your voice down." she was afraid he'd attract more attention, and with Sark attacking the crimelord's speeder guardsmen, they didn't need anything to tip the boss off.

"Yes, yes." Karlos responded as Ryan gave her the order to check three men behind her.

"Copy that." she answered, turning slowly before approaching the group of men.

"You boys look a bit lonely." Eve seductively approached what appeared to be the more dominant of the humans. Her finger played with the dimple on his chin, "You want some company?" The man snapped his jaw shut, using his arm to pull her closer. Perfect.

Her hands felt against his waist, before descending towards the edge of his groin area. No reason to play, as she was merely checking him for blasters... nothing there...

Her legs danced smoothly, as she bent in closer. One of her hands traced alongside of his back, while her right foot rubbed against his thigh and the heel. Nothing. She swiveled, checking the other leg, and suddenly, her ankle had touched what felt like a small blaster pistol.

"What about you?" she asked the second male; his hair flipping as his arms opened for her to approach. And she did, with her own seductive grace... utilizing a bit of force, she tossed him into a nearby chair. Using a small lapdance, she checked him. And in the same spot, he also had a blaster. That wasn't a coincidence.

Third party or hidden backup.

Now all she had to do was relay this information to Ryan...

She backed away, and turned."You ain't goin' till you finished us off." One hand had grabbed her arm, while two more groped her side and attempted to force her backwards...
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, May 08th 2008 01:57pm    Post subject:

The night continued as casual conversation persisted throughout the appetizers up til the point the main dish, "You know, you never told me your first name." The crimelord's voice echoed in her mind, as Arlyn's eyes glanced towards Eve and saw in the distance she was actually dancing. As strange as that seemed to be, her gaze corrected itself and she answered.

"I was ordered not to say anything." was her only response, as polite as she could be.

"I see." he took a bite of something in front of him, "And I thought we were becoming close friends..." His voice trailed off, allowing him to take a sip of his ale. She only gave him a smile, as though attempting some sort of forgiveness. It was then that all hell broke loose; Ryan voiced over the ear piece. "Alatáriël! We have a third party, and we think they're all over-" blaster fire erupted over the comms, and Ryan's voice vanished from the channels.

Just then, a green blaster bolt soared across the table missing her by sheer inches.

"Frakkin' aliens!" the crime lord roared as he grabbed Arlyn's arm and kicked the table sideways. "You have a blaster on you?" Arlyn shook her head, causing the crime boss to remove two guns from under his pant legs.

Seconds later, a thanagarian security chief and a human crime lord were fighting side by side for their lives...

Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, May 08th 2008 02:09pm    Post subject:

Karlos scoffed as Evelynn danced to the three men, but he had to admit, she was doing a real good job of checking every part of them for weapons. And sure enough, Karlos observed that she had checked all three men in the exact same place. "You ain't goin' till you finished us off." the third alien had grabbed her waist, and attempted to move her backwards. But amazingly, Evelynn communicated, "We have weapon's hot. Move to extraction!"

Evelynn's arms moved at super speed, her words had just barely registered within Alliance Security, as she snapped three arms in two seconds. And within four, she had all three of them cuffed and their blasters removed.

Whether it was Alliance Security agents revealing their blasters, or some kind of coincidental assassination attempt, dozens of aliens and humansalike began to rapidly fire throughout the Pub.

"Son of a bitch, son a bitch, son of a!" Karlos had just taken out his blaster, but he had no sense of cover. "God damn it, god damn it!" He cursed while he ran towards one of the long bar tables. His hands had just barely touched the table when two lightsabers ignited and reflected the chasing blaster bolts. He had forgotten about the Jedi Arlyn's green friend had sent. "Thanks." Karlos breathed, before sending his own furious blaster fire into the mix...
 Back to top »
Ryan Davad
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, May 08th 2008 02:23pm    Post subject:

"We have weapon's hot. Move to extraction!" Eve communicated, and instantly, Ryan activated the comlink to Arlyn.

""Alatáriël! We have a third party, and we think they're all over-" he started, but the door to their private overlooking section burst open with three overweight twi'leks leading the charge. Surprisingly, their aim was either predetermined or amazingly accurate as three Alliance agents fell to fatal shots.

Ryan grabbed the blaster shotgun, twisting it, and firing twice before the aliens realized what had hit them. Knowing there was probably half a dozen more outside of the door, Ryan tossed two grenades. The first was a smoke grenade, the second was an explosive. "Everybody down!" Ryan ordered the those who had survived the surprise attack.

Booom.

Pieces flew everywhere. Parts of the wall, the door, and flesh alike went everywhere. Ryan took a pair of rapid fire blaster pistols and kicked open the glass. His eyes scanned the chaotic bar scene; Arlyn was pinned, but she was holding her own for now. Karlos was with the Jedi, and Eve was advancing with two Rebellion officers.

"Davad!" someone shouted behind him, as Sark emerged from the smoke grenade. His arms shot around, his entire impulse was not to take a chance, not now when everything went to hell.

"I killed everyone outside of the room." Sark sneered, "Maybe you want to kill me, or do you want a hand?"

Ryan breathed for a moment, before nodding. It wasn't everyday the two fought side by side, but if it was any occasion, it sure as hell should be today...Ryan picked up two snipers, tossing one to Sark, before aiming one himself.

"Residential Sector 543-4A." Sark told his brother, "It was the only thing that wasn't scrambled."

"After all that?"

"All what?" Sark asked, firing the sniper rifle, "It was nothing."

Ryan half laughed as his own sniper rifle fired a shot.

Back to top »
Sark
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, May 08th 2008 03:16pm    Post subject:

His sniper rifle rippled with several shots, as he took time to reload the cartridge. It was odd fighting alongside the Human Replica brother Model, Ryan's rifle firing at the same accuracy rate as his own. Peering through the scope, Sark aimed at his brother's precious Thanagarian wife.

"I was never able to cope with the fact that we were related." Sark admitted, "Especially that you mated with an organic and presumably carried three children. That...I really have a hard time with." He watched as the thanagarian ducked several times, before exposing herself in order to fire at enemy agents.

"Why?" Ryan asked over his rifle's ignition.

Sark thought for a moment, knowing that he had a long lecture at the biological failures that humans and their humanoid organic counterparts held. He didn't like the way they looked, their smell, their impatience, or their desires. It was simply flawed.

"We were created to imitate them." Sark began, "And it was our programming that had made us flawed. I was built with anger, with rage, with manipulation capabilities to bring entire worlds to a crashing halt. I almost did that, actually, I brought the fleet to Mandalore with the sincere purpose to carve the race out of existence."

Ryan fired more slowly.

"I thought as I orbited the planet, I really did." he breathed a sigh of relief, still aiming directly at the winged rebel chief, "I thought about all the rage I held, the anger I had towards you, as you seemed to carry and embody everything I despised." Quickly, Sark adjusted and aimed at an incoming insurgent, and eliminated the twi'lek woman. If Arlyn was to die, it would be by Sark's hands...nothing else. "And before Mandalore, I was on Lwhekk... I was ready to serve the Ssi-Ruuvi, but my purpose wasn't to lead their armies, or perfect their technology... I wanted a soul. I wanted something inside of me. Something to make me... feel."

Ryan's firing seemed to come to a halt.

"I abandoned this idea, of course. I realized that I had the capabilities on my own. I didn't need some kind of pathetic organic living inside of me... no..." his aim adjusted back to the thanagarian, "Then I found something that really would make me happy...something that would complete my entire existence..."

He fired.
 Back to top »
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, May 08th 2008 05:03pm    Post subject:

The club was pure mayhem, and even a supercomputer as advanced as Eve could not predict the outcome. Her connection with Sark served an interesting one, as she ordered him to assist Ryan. It wasn't long before he arrived, and eliminated the advancing aggressors.

Karlos, on the other hand, was more than fine with a pair of Jedi shielding his blaster attacks. And with the Jedi receiving the blunt of the attack, Eve was able to use two other agents to sneak and slowly eliminate the third party. By the estimates it would appear almost forty percent of club's members were part of this mysterious group, and their mission was either to eliminate the crimeboss, or both the boss and Arlyn...

"Destroyer, keep an eye on her." she ordered Sark a second time, her own ability to secure the Chief was temporarily stressed as she and her fellow agents were pinned.

Something strange was happening within Sark, as a sudden programmed wall formed. Her connection was severed, and the last imagery she had collected, was his sniper scope pointing directly at the thanagarian.

"Give me your mini-rockets!" Eve shouted towards the agent at the left, "NOW!" The young human tossed her the mini rockets, and a compatible launcher. Having precious milliseconds, she loaded the tube, and fired straight into the air.

Sark's sniper shot collided with the blast, causing the club to shake slightly, but the fighting resumed.

"Huttslime, we need to extract Heaven's Angel...now. They're going for her." Eve realized, and before she knew it, one of her guarding Rebel Agents turned on the other and shot him point blank. His position changed, and turned his blaster towards her.

"You're right. It took us months to plan this, you bitch, and I'll be damned if you stop us." his finger squeezed the trigger...
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, May 08th 2008 05:14pm    Post subject:

"God damn alien scum!" the crime boss spat, as he fired several shots, "I knew there would be some kind of an attack. These aren't your boys, are they?" Arlyn fired several blast shots, both clipping two men between the legs, "I'll take that as a no!" He roared as he fired again. "They must've killed my guards..." he had been trying to communicate to them for a while, but Arlyn had a feeling Alliance security had already taken them out. And by the looks of this group's numbers, she couldn't help but sense that Alliance Security had been infiltrated.

"They're not with us." Arlyn responded, "And I doubt they're with you." She broke from her cover, to see a green twi'lek rushing towards her. In a slow motion fashion, his finger moved towards the trigger, as a satisfied grin over took his face. Suddenly, a sniper shot hissed across the room and planted against the attacker's back; dead. She took cover, breathing from the near death experience, before revealing herself to fire into the fray.

"Bastards...they are after us." the crimeboss hissed, "We need a way out, have any ideas?"

Arlyn shook her head, before bending to fire a few shots... and that's when a stray rocket shot straight into the air, before being blasted by a sniper. What the hell?

An epiphany hit her. "We need to get to a window!" She shouted over the blaster fire. The boss gave her an estranged glance, and she simply answered, "Trust me!"

Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, May 08th 2008 05:28pm    Post subject:

Karlos slammed a beer bottle over the Rebel traitor, just before he was able to blast Evelynn. "You can thank me later, I think we have a problem. We overheard an agent say that if they can't take Arlyn, they'll blow this entire building. We need to get out."

"Not until-"

Karlos blasted twice, "She's making her way towards a window! She'll be out of here before we can-" The blonde woman fired three shots, before accepting.

"Watchboy..." Evelynn paged for Ryan, "Watchboy, do you copy?"

Static.....

"Watchboy here." Karlos breathed a sigh of relief.

"Agent Pheonix requesting immediate evac. We've been infiltrated." she paused as she wrestled with strange pig looking creature, who went down rather quickly despite their size differences, "Heaven's Angel needs a window of opportunity." Karlos bent low, just barely missing several incoming blaster shots. He flipped his microphone back on.

"They have a bomb!" he shouted, "We need to evac, NOW!" The two Jedi emerged, one of them dueling with two sabers, as the second lifted both Karlos and Eve to their feet.

"The stairwell!" the Jedi order, "Go!" His companion tossed him the green blade, covering their escape....

"Evac cleared, all units, pull out." Ryan gave the order. Without waiting for another second, Karlos bolted for the stairs...
 Back to top »
Ryan Davad
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, May 11th 2008 03:17pm    Post subject:

The club rumbled as the stray rocket was hit, which caused the glass to shatter. "Move!" Ryan shoved Sark sideways, before leaping from a massive shard. It had barely missed the arm he had used to push his fellow Human Replica Droid. Sark stared for a moment, his eyes blinking with disbelief.

"You saved me." Sark nearly asked, but it turned more into a statement than anything.

"Yeah, I ordered an evac. We should probably get the frak out of here, before we lose all of our cover." He was grabbing a few rifles and stringing them over his shoulder, before Sark's hand touched the upper part of his back.

"Thank you." Was all that he said, before they clipped a pair of sidearms to their thighs, "Let's go."

Back to top »
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, May 16th 2008 02:03am    Post subject:

Karlos bolted for the stairs as the Jedi lightsabers collapsed around Eve, effectively creating a safety net as her personal shield generators began to run low. Her blaster fired as fast as the weapon would allow without overheating, creating a fatal trio.

"Commander, you may want to get out of here!" the Jedi with a long beard suggested. Her eyes narrowed as she sensed something from the rear. Her elbow whipped at inhuman speeds, slamming into the face of the attacker, shattering his nose, and killing him before his body hit the ground. Her fingers stretched to barely catch the very edge of the man's throat.

Without mercy, without humane hesitation, she grabbed the skin and yanked a massive chunk. Blood squirted, but nothing could pierce the man's screams and yelps as he collapsed to his knees.

Jase would've been proud of that, she mused to herself before she took a step closer and ended the human's misery with a quick snap. Her blaster shifted, pointing to an enemy nearby. That, however, was unnecessary.

Seeing the Jedi and a woman that held no mercy, he surrendered. And eventually, so did his comrades.
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, May 16th 2008 02:17am    Post subject:

"Huttslime!" someone called from behind him, but he could still hear blaster fire. And with blasts firing every which way, he wasn't about to stop and findout if that voice was friendly, or enemy.

"Huttslime!" Ryan called over the comms, "The enemy has surrendered." Still, blaster fire pressed on.

"Then why can I hear blasters, you moron?!" he screamed into the comlink, dodging a blast that had aimed for a very wrong area. "You bitch!" His blaster hilt smacked against the twi'lek woman who fired, before his hands danced with the weapon and stunned her. "Some green woman tried to kill me!" He kicked her side, before running the stairs again.

He was all for Alliance Security, but he wasn't about to die for some kind of sting operation that went bad. Not for Calias, and especially not for Arlyn.

A wookiee stepped from the cooridor, causing him to adjust his blaster a bit higher. "If you want to be a rug, try and shoot me!" Karlos growled. The wookiee raised it's paws, but by the looks of it, he had the instinct impression that it's claws were extending and at any minute, it would try and scratch his face right off. Karlos extended his blaster, his hands shaking as though ready to blast the furry bastard at any moment.

The wookiee howled causing a dozen Alliance Security Officers to emerge from nowhere, all shouting and screaming different orders.

"All right, all right!" Karlos dropped to the floor, obviously threatening to blast the wookiee was a bad idea....
 Back to top »
Sark
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, May 16th 2008 02:43am    Post subject:

The pair exited the overlooking balcony, their weapons drawn, and their blasters spewing forth the lethal fire that suppressed enemy forces. A few blasts managed to hit both of their energy shields, but they had enough energy to get them to the stairwell. If they could reach the third level, they'd be secure.

"Huttslime!" Ryan began to talk to the Ketraboy over the intercomm, before the man yelled back about the twi'lek attack.

"Leave him, we have reinforcements on that level." Sark said, "We need to secure Arlyn. She's in the thick of it."

Sark couldn't explain what his programs had just written. The things he felt, the words and processes could not describe the heroism Ryan had shown. It was a brotherly act of compassion. If Sark had been in his place, would he have allowed the shard to pierce Ryan's core functions?

"Julian!" Ryan called to him, "Let's go!" Sark nodded, coming from the complicated thought processes and ran alongside his replicated brother.
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, May 16th 2008 05:07am    Post subject:

Her position had been narrowly pinpointed as they progressed through a multitude of overturn tables, and narrow bars. The freescape window was not as close as Arlyn had thought...especially with the little distance they managed to cover against the various, and usually chaotic shooters.

"Why a window? One of your goons gonna give us a ride?" the crime lord asked, his powerful vocabulary seemed to vanish the moment the blaster fire had started. And it was then, she had realized real fear coming from the man.

"You are not Kovashca." her inflection was dark, though poised with a hypocritical accusation. His eyes blinked, almost afraid to answer to her. "That makes two of us." She offered the gesture with a twisted smile, before she pivoted herself against the last table against the window.

"You're not Miss Corrin'an?" a bowl of laughter escaped from the man, "Damn. Who are you?"

Her blaster raised, causing the man to cower slightly, his previous battle demeanor seemed to fade, especially at the revelation of the woman's trickery. The blaster fired, shattering the window behind the man, as she took a leap of faith into the window seal. She didn't have to speak to the man, in order to express that he had to join her. He had to take the same leap of faith; which without a second thought, he decided his odds were better with her, than those behind him.

The wind howled against their bodies, allowing the thanagarian's wings to feel the wind current. Meeting his eyes, she answered his question, "Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad, Rebellion Security Chief."

Grabbing his waist, they dove from the fifty-third floor of Carlita's Pub.

Ryan Davad
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, May 17th 2008 05:37pm    Post subject:

Ryan and Sark entered the bar arena, his eyes just catching the glimpse of Arlyn blasting the window, before the crime lord jumped to her side. Sark said something, but Ryan didn't catch it. Something was chasing her... something she hadn't seen. "Arlyn!" Ryan called out, dashing through a pair of Rebellion officers.

Against the window, a trandoshan bounty hunter sided with those in the bar, lined against the window. His green hands skimmed over his rifle, as his eyes narrowed across the screen. A graceful creature flew overtop the skies of Denon, and it was this woman, that was both of their targets. His nail squeezed the trigger twice...causing the angel to plummet towards the ground...

But his life was forfeit, as the Human Replica Droid beheaded the lizard with his bare hands.

Ryan yelled the name of his wife, falling to his knees, as the creatures blood poured from the neck of the decapitated killer.

Back to top »
Sark
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, May 17th 2008 05:42pm    Post subject:

"Ryan!" Sark called to his brother, but he had already raced towards the window. Sark's blaster fired rapidly, clearing a path towards the atmosphere's opening. His chamber clicked, the gas chamber had expired. Tossing the blaster at a lethal speed, he hijacked a new pair of weapons before chasing after the deranged replica droid. "Ryan!" He called again, and watched as he literally ripped the trandoshan from it's position.

Sark mounted his defense, quickly covering their backs while his eyes caught something in the distance. Jetpack.

Not able to process the amount of verbal speech required or the time necessary to safely strap it against his back... he ran towards the window seal.

"She better be worth this." he hissed at his brother, before jumping towards the falling thanagarian.
 Back to top »
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, May 17th 2008 05:48pm    Post subject:

"Ryan, we need to go... now." Eve prompted, dragging the man to his feet. "Sark, will save her. We have to get out of here..." Her own personal shield generators were depleting, especially since she had ordered the Jedi to leave with a group of civilians. "Ryan, please. We can't afford to-"

"All right."

The staircases were now cluttered with Security and enemy forces, blaster fire and grenades overtook nearly all of them. With the disruption of the building security cams, she couldn't tell or advise the best path. But with the odds working against their favor, the rooftop was their next best choice.

"Rebellion Security Teams are landing on the roof, I think it's the best place, or find somewhere to hide..."

"I need to get to a speeder, I need to get to her." was all he said.
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sat, May 17th 2008 06:03pm    Post subject:

The wind current carried them several meters away from the building, until she opened her wings with enough strength to carry them. If they were to fall too low, or too far away from the building, they could stray into various speeder traffic lanes. But when it came to flying or a blaster fight, Arlyn wasn't sure where her odds were better placed...

"Security Chief Pallanén." the man's twisted voice seemed to emerge from nowhere, the simplicity of his vocabulary matched with a tone that sent chills down her back, despite the effort it took to rise. "I have a message I was to deliver to you, after my meeting with the shipping client."

She looked upwards still adjusting...if she could level off into the emergency lanes, she'd be easier recognized by ally speeders, than enemy shooters. "A message, from who?"

"The Exchange." it nearly cut her off guard, causing her to pause slightly. It was an organization that had been rather quiet for the past few months, especially since Arlyn and Admiral Audacious had foiled several bounty hunter attempts against the Denon Senator, and Ryan's life. Just before she could question him, just before she could receive any answers. They were hit.

The blast had impacted across the man's back, and a second had clipped the edge of the man's shoulder, causing blood to splatter across her face, and into her eyes. Her wings flapped frantically, yet could do nothing to hold their balance.

In a free fall, she plummeted.....

Sark
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, May 17th 2008 06:15pm    Post subject:

His angle was pitched from the leap, she was several dozen meters ahead of him, and with the weight of two, she would fall far faster than he would. Against the wild hiss of the air sweeping passed him, he strapped the jetpack across his waist, before applying two straps against his shoulders. Luckily for him, his spine was stronger than the typical human and the velocity and the angle that he was about to pull, would've snapped.

The jetpack rumbled, just slightly as the gases and the various ignitions kicked off, before it roared into action. Sark made a few adjustments, but they were going to come very close towards the ground, in fact, too close...

His hand grabbed Arlyn's waist just enough to pull them upwards and stop the sheer rate of their fall, but not enough to level off and ascend above the street. Pedestrians screamed and scrambled as the Sark twisted the trio, attempting to place the jetpack between himself and the ground...

As they hit, Sark watched as Arlyn lost the crime lord, his body flinging to the right, but not nearly a second later, Sark had to release the thanagarian in order to undo the safety straps...Watching Arlyn roll several times, Sark cut the straps and tumbled off the jetpack.

Without body weight, the jetpack slowly rose from the ground, before exploding against a wall.
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, May 19th 2008 03:25am    Post subject:

She had landed awkwardly on her wings, as pedestrians rushed to aide the woman and the befallen jetpackers. A rather keen and adept child called Arlyn by her name and position, bringing a wave of murmurs and action into the public eye, some taking the care of her misfortuned fall more seriously, while others were more afraid to act and become directly involved. Her vision remained blurry, her eyes scanning the area to the location where Arlyn last saw the man she was forced to release.

"WE NEED A DOCTOR!" someone shouted from within the forming crowd. Sark rushed over, his hand extending to Arlyn, allowing her to rise to her feet. Her fingers shook as she attempted to remove the blood from her face, someone handed her a piece of cloth...which helped. "Thanks." Arlyn mumbled graciously, still shaken from the fall. Most of the blood had been removed, though her eyes were still stained and her vision too blurry to make out the fine details of the scene.

"Sark, is he alive?" she asked, not wanting to move unless it was necessary.

"He is. I doubt he will be any longer though, he looks pretty bad."

Arlyn recalled the man had mentioned the Exchange, and a message he was supposed to deliver. Was it a warning? "Take me to him...quickly." Her hands reached out, seeking Sark's guidance as he lead her over to the dying man.

"Alatáriël," the man began, "You have been whispered many things I believe, and I must whisper one more." Arlyn bent towards him, as hope spread with the sounds of emergency sirens from approaching medical speeders. It was only a matter of time...she needed him, she needed his intel. She leaned closer, and unbeknowest to her, his lips trembled as he spoke, "I was not to speak of this, understand that what I am doing will forfeit my life whether a doctor can save me, or not." His body trembled slightly, causing his words to vent more quickly, taking all of his strength to belay, "He encourages the dissolution of your marriage, your work, and your allegiance to the Rebellion. He has watched you... he has sent agents, he has things in motion, terrible ideas."

"Who?" she breathed, her heart slowed to hear the next two words.

"Nubis Serin."

Last edited by Alatáriël Pallanén on Mon, May 19th 2008 03:40am; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Carlita's Pub
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: