}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Rebellion vs. The Galactic Empire
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Rebellion vs. The Galactic Empire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, May 03rd 2008 10:08pm    Post subject: Rebellion vs. The Galactic Empire

I think the energy level around here, has dropped from epic high to a PBS-type of boring. I'm not really sure what has happened, but applications take like two, three weeks to be approved, plots are taking months to deploy, and the overall game is becoming...non-motivational.

I'm not sure who has felt a disconnection between their characters, and the game, but I've felt it. And I just think it's the war that sucks all the fun out it.

If we could maybe collectively decide the outcome of the war, and just focus on telling the story of VIII, we could move a lot faster.

I would be okay with the Rebellion losing the war, and just being under Imperial occupation or something like that. As long as we all somewhat agree on the storyline, we can unify the story, versus it being random, and not really coherent...

IDK, just a thought. Feel free to throw out your own suggestions.
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, May 03rd 2008 10:14pm    Post subject:

I can remember this kind of slump last year and also one time in VII. I blame the Spring and the coming Summer. :P

As for Imps vs Rebels...call me crazy, but I don't know if I actually care anymore. :shock:

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, May 03rd 2008 11:09pm    Post subject:

I know I stopped an entire plot line because of a few RL complications, lol, but I'm back again. I'd love a chance to RP with some fellow Imperials and even some rebels and take VIII's story a bit further.

IntelForce

Back to top »
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, May 04th 2008 06:56am    Post subject:

Damnit Alex! I've allready started agreeing with Ams, why do I have to start agreeing with you...I'm pretty much in agreement the tactical game is going to meen that the entire war takes far too long and encourages the lot of us just not to care...I'm pretty much all for resolving it by default and just focusing on RPing the Imperial Conquest/Occupation on an RP rather than Tactical basis seeing as its more encouraging to RP.

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, May 04th 2008 11:45am    Post subject:

The war arrangements are already worked out. And no, I cannot go into further detail... or I'd ruin the fun. ;)

Although, I should point out that because of some predilictions of a few players, planetary bombardments and especially planet-depopulation action have to pass through CMAC. It's been on the books for a while, but there seems to be a general ignorance of it.

Sorry, crazy Imps. :p

Also, I don't think most Rebels would be big fans of losing to the Empire. Ams isn't running the show; there's no forgiveness this time.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, May 04th 2008 11:49am    Post subject:

Palpatine thinks that forgiveness means a thirty-minute death instead of an hour-long one. :P

Also, Ams...about that certain plot that was supposed to start a long time ago? The one that we talked about in the Imp forums?

*Stabs Wedge repeatedly* :P Now everybody's happy. - Lazer

In Soviet Russia, Force uses you! :P - Kypjargon

Sarin, you ***** *** pansy, you screw with me, you screw with my GIANT LASER GUN. - Xaph, imitating Commander Shepard

Last edited by Derek Brand on Sun, May 04th 2008 11:51am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sun, May 04th 2008 11:52am    Post subject:

So after all this, no one actually wants the war that hasn't even really started yet? That's fine with me but unrealistic. Besides, almost all of the Empire-Alliance battles will not be handled by the battlesystem. From day one since CMAC began debating about the war, the number one priority (that is, MY number one priority, and I don't budge on it) is you don't have to take part in the war if you don't want to. It's nothing more than some other side plot. That's it.
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, May 04th 2008 11:56am    Post subject:

Go to where you need to, Derek. Then it'll begin. AND THE GALAXY SHALL SHAKE AND TREMBLE.

Or not. :p

Quote:
you don't have to take part in the war if you don't want to. It's nothing more than some other side plot. That's it.

And that cannot be stressed enough. If I find someone suddenly gets jumped by MC80s or ISDs over "Describe How the Above Character Dies", I will not be happy. And as Battlemaster, I will take very swift and decisive action to handle the infraction.

I had to overcome a lot of opposition to get us to this point. And I fully understand some people might not want to be involved. This war is to be a fun way to exercise tactical and RPing skill... not smash people you don't like. And if that's what it devolves into, there will be a peace treaty signed so fast (with Palpatine's signature on it... don't think I won't) that heads will spin.

Okay, enough of my semi-threatening sermon. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, May 04th 2008 02:38pm    Post subject:

Uhm...didn't we all just say that we agreed with going with defaulting so that it didn't spend time devolving into a huge argument?

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, May 04th 2008 02:44pm    Post subject:

Adria Reyna wrote:
Uhm...didn't we all just say that we agreed with going with defaulting so that it didn't spend time devolving into a huge argument?

I agree, and I also wish ECP would've had some idea of the fixed outcome (that is our job; to create large plots and move the RPG in a general and unified direction), versus just now finding out about, in addition to being told that it's a surprise...

:P

And as a Rebel, who has tried to assert himself, there really isn't much I can do to help our state. I fear our fate has been sealed, and there is nothing I, nor High Command is willing to change. That's how I feel, I haven't had the chance to discuss this, or get any kind of conversation otherwise. Maybe I'm wrong...
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, May 04th 2008 07:55pm    Post subject:

Perhaps the outcome is not yet certain. Perhaps it is. But let's face it, if the Empire was slated to lose, would the Alliance and Empire really fight with the same ferocity as they should?

Or if the Alliance was meant to bow before the Emperor, can you say that this foreknowledge would not affect conduct in the war? Now, battle by battle, yes... there will be some predetermination. But not long-range. We don't have the Tenth Battle of Denon mapped out. :p

As for our own efforts to support our factions, well... the best way to do it is to uphold the ideals and efforts. Otherwise, you risk destroying the morale of your faction... and that can be far more lethal than any new starship, weapons system, battle droid, or superweapon. Bear that in mind when mapping your character's actions during this conflict...[/ominous]

<_<
>_>

Expand

Back to top »
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 01:08am    Post subject:

Right.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 06:20am    Post subject:

What?

Expand

Back to top »
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 10:56am    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
As for our own efforts to support our factions, well... the best way to do it is to uphold the ideals and efforts. Otherwise, you risk destroying the morale of your faction... and that can be far more lethal than any new starship, weapons system, battle droid, or superweapon. Bear that in mind when mapping your character's actions during this conflict...[/ominous]

<_<
>_>

This part. Personally, I believe that characters shouldn't be bound to the ideal philosophy to which the organization represents. I'm sure not every, single last Imperial will join suit, click their heels, and march for Palpatine. They may do it, but their internal workings will vomit everytime he invades a planet.

And I think that if we were to become black and white versions, we lose the color and creativity we provide. Being apart of the Alliance isn't being a saint, we're rebels. And with a rebellion, comes decorative colors. Stealing SPICE and SELLING it for profit, was our cause. We can't simply wash our hands of our past crimes, and think of ourselves as angels.

And a lot of times, I'm held to that. I'm held to some kind of crazy, two-faced image of somekind virgin-Leia that leads for justice, and democracy. Life ain't a peach, especially when Palpatine's **** hits the fan.

As for the Empire and Alliance fighting with such ferocity, I have not seen a single Rebellion troop, or accepted and/or active commander besides yourself, Ams. We have a nice bunch of politicians or a policewoman, but otherthan that, all of our higher ups left their post. I don't really see much of a fierce fight, when all we have is Ackbar (played by an Imperial-dedicated player)
 Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 11:50am    Post subject:

*applause* :) that is an interesting point, but you've neglected to mention Velora Antana, as far as I can tell she's still fighting, unless that war I found was some sort of ancient history. About that quote, the fact that this is a forum sort of... nulifies that. It' hard to break the morale of a fictitious charachter.
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 01:47pm    Post subject:

Oh, not really dudop.

Expand

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 02:33pm    Post subject:

Characters' conduct is always regulated by whatever faction you're in. So, if you do stuff that isn't fitting of an Alliance/Imperial officer, you take the risk into your own hands of getting kicked out. Aside from that I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:

Post Posted: Sun, May 04th 2008 03:44pm Post subject:
Adria Reyna wrote:

I agree, and I also wish ECP would've had some idea of the fixed outcome (that is our job; to create large plots and move the RPG in a general and unified direction)

ECP has nothing to do with the war. The war is a separate plotline. The ECP creates another plotline. Neither of them are the "main" storyline of the RPG. The main storyline of VII was a composite of different kinds of events - the major ones being the breakout of Lusankya, the collapse/merger of Lambda and DRWP, Flint's trial, the Galactic Ball and the second breakout of Lusankya. However, we can only identify the "main" storyline of an RPG after it's over. We don't set out to create main plotlines - we set out just to do stuff and hope the galaxy (and the RPG) remembers it.

And as far as a "fixed outcome", we were only talking about individual battles. We've been saying for awhile that Alliance-Imperial battles were going to be discussed before the start of the battle, and from that we'd draw a conclusion.

Additionally, both factions are perfectly ready to go to war. We wouldn't have allowed the conflict if either of them was massively unbalanced. Have no doubt. I personally will not be taking part in the war, and that's why I resigned my naval command positions. If anything, it's an example that anyone can be involved in the war just as easily as they can not be in the war. It's all your choice.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Mon, May 05th 2008 02:37pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 02:39pm    Post subject:

Nevin Antilles wrote:
Characters' conduct is always regulated by whatever faction you're in. So, if you do stuff that isn't fitting of an Alliance/Imperial officer, you take the risk into your own hands of getting kicked out. Aside from that I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Right, that's what I'm saying. I believe the different types of characters in a faction, are what makes it more realistic. I don't believe that every single Imperial believes in Palpatine, nor would I put it past Leia to fire or place Arlyn on trial. Luckily for me, I'm in a position where all my conduct couldn't be revealed.

As a matter of fact, I'm not sure of a single charge that could legally be brought up against Arlyn...
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 02:43pm    Post subject:

No one should be totally confident that no one else has been investigating a character's actions, as a general point. Look at agents inside the US government that have been arrested for stuff they thought was buried so deep it couldn't be uncovered.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Mon, May 05th 2008 02:45pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 02:46pm    Post subject:

Right, but it's not like I've committed murder, invaded planets, or any of that stuff.

The only sin I have, is Tavion Star. Who was placed on trial and found guilty to the point of execution within the planetary courts of Geonosis, and Manaan.
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 02:46pm    Post subject:

Whatever, this isn't a trial. :p I'm just saying.
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 02:48pm    Post subject:

To watch my back!

I knew I saw donut crumbs outside of the estate....damn Leia.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 04:13pm    Post subject:

I don't think it's excessive to ask players to follow the guidelines of their faction, even generally. :p

I mean, I don't see any Imps preaching democracy... and if I did, well, ISB would be on them. And they'd make new friends from Nevin's old ones. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, May 06th 2008 02:47am    Post subject:

I agree.
 Back to top »
Palpatine
Faction Leader

Post Posted: Sun, May 11th 2008 10:14am    Post subject:

Quote:
Palpatine thinks that forgiveness means a thirty-minute death instead of an hour-long one. :P

Au contraire. Death is the forgiveness... it's when I let you live after taking everything you hold dear that you can tell I don't like you.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Rebellion vs. The Galactic Empire
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: