}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Turbinia Trade Fleet
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Turbinia Trade Fleet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eve
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, April 22nd 2008 06:27pm    Post subject: Turbinia Trade Fleet

Lead Vessel: Pinnacle-class Communication Cruiser
---carrying [1] YT-2400 Freighter, versus the 8 shuttle capacity.

Justice-Class Frigate
Justice-Class Frigate
Justice-Class Frigate
Justice-Class Frigate
Justice-Class Frigate

Justice-Class Frigate
Justice-Class Frigate
Justice-Class Frigate
Justice-Class Frigate
Justice-Class Frigate

CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette

CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette

CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette
CR-90 Corvette

This fleet is primarily registered as a civilian fleet, with military passengers, and objects for sale.
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, April 22nd 2008 10:21pm    Post subject:

"Artemis" - Pinnacle-class Communication Cruiser
Command Deck

The Commander of the shipping fleet rose to his feet, his hand extending to greet Karlos Ketra. "I served with your cousin, it's an honor." the older man seemed in awe that another Ketra was serving within the business, though Karlos paid very little care to that detail. He was serving until the crab droids were gone, then he'd make the first hyperspace escape as possible and get the frak away from the crazy thanagarian and her little business diplomacy.

"Yes, sir." Karlos returned the handshake, before looking about the command deck, "Nice ship."

"A new addition to the shipping fleet, to be sure." the commander said, patting the arm rest with affection, "A real nice addition. Sales are up two perfect because of this thing!" Karlos doubted it had any reason to do with the Pinnacle, but he grinned and tossed in a few laughs here and there.

Once the ship went to hyperspace, Karlos wanted nothing more than to be locked in his quarters for the duration of the trip. He had no interest in mingling with the crew. He needed to research Mandal Motors if he was going to make a sales pitch...
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, April 22nd 2008 10:21pm    Post subject:

The fleet is now at Mandalore.
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, April 24th 2008 02:30pm    Post subject:

The fleet dropped from hyperspace at the edge of the system, before it began to sublight towards the target trade world: Mandalore. With it's sensors sweeping the area for hostile vessels, it moved towards the planetary surface.

In coherence with the engine movement, the comms officer requested landing clearance, with Turbinia shipping and handling codes, and attempted to check the schedule of Mandal Motors executive Jaster Kelborn.
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, April 27th 2008 12:51am    Post subject:

I'm going by what Kalydon Skirata told me, and that he had left Mandalore a long time ago... if this is wrong, I'm willing to correct.

"No Imperial presence today." the comms officer rang out, his orders were to use the diplomatic and civilian immunity; if their presence were to be questioned in the first place. Their mission was a complicated one, and with new orders coming in by the second, it was hard to keep track.

"With Turbinia's business deal, we have scouted a few low key traffic sectors. The Justice Class frigates will set down there, and wait for further instructions. If we need to bribe the Mandos to accept our business deals...we'll try." Karlos pointed to several strategic sectors on the map, preferably near the city of Keldabe. "Once I'm in the business office, we'll open the meeting to planetary leaders. We have an idea they may want to nationalize the company, or if things go our way, they'll allow us to publicly sell the items, and reap the benefits of a large market. It's a fifty-fifty at this point."

A pair of bodyguard droids entered the room, and waited in the corner. "The Communication cruiser will wait, let's stick 'er at the bottom orbital for now. I don't expect our Imperial friends to return, but to be safe, keep your hyperspace drives heated, and your sensors at maximum."

The Captain registered the orders, before bringing the ship into a high orbit below Mandalore. "The Corvettes will pair up, and land at all the space ports. We need to get our name out there, let them see Turbinia... We need to make this as commercial as possible." Karlos scanned his notes before nodding, "All right, that's it for now. I'll communicate once I'm on the surface."

"May the Force be with you, Ketra."

"The Force?" a sly smile crossed his face, "It's never with business men like us... we just rely on profit, and diplomacy."
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, April 27th 2008 02:47pm    Post subject:

On the Surface of Mandalore
Meeting with Mandal Motors Board Members (near Turbinia Trade Fleet)

The sun hit his eyes as he stepped onto the grass between the Justice class frigates. The board members were walking, typically dressed in their battle armor, with antique, or creative blasters at their sides. Karlos never understood the race, but he did understand their quest for violence. They were animals, bloodthirsty bastards. And maybe, that's why he liked them so much...

"We understand the conflicts that are rising in the galaxy. We know war is probable. Whether it's tomorrow, or ten years from now, it'll happen. Leia, and Moff Jendob are what kept us at peace so long...you think they'll be around in fifty years? Probably, but they sure as hell won't be leaders of government..." Karlos stopped as several of the droid tanks rolled out of the Justice class frigates, "We're willing to give you these droid units."

"Are you insulting our ability to defend our world?"

"Absolutely not. We are, however, anticipating on a new ability to train your people. The things we're bringing into the deal, gives them new tactics, new challenges. Droids may not compare to Mandalorians...but they are forces to be reckoned with..."

"You speak well, Ketra. And your bargain may be accepted. How many battle droids have you brought with you today?"

Ketra passed a female Trandoshan, as she coordinated the droid atmospheric flyers to provide a fly-over...anything to stimulate the Mandalorians into accepting the deal. "100,000. And they aren't the clone wars units, their a modified Super unit. We have them mobilized...actually. Would you like to take a look?"

The board members glanced at each other. Some were concerned, others were excited. "Show us."

There was a cliff overlooking a valley, and it was the valley that held Turbinia's gift. The steps were long, allowing Karlos to take in the beauty of the planet. It was truly one of the most spectacular sights he had ever seen...

"My god." one of the board members stated, "Is that all 100,000?"

"25,000 actually." Karlos stated, the sound of droids marching and forming lines was rather impressive. And the commander put on one hell of a show. "All yours...figuratively speaking, until the deal is sealed. Then you can do whatever you wanted with them..."
 Back to top »
Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, May 02nd 2008 09:55pm    Post subject:

Mandal Motors Corporation
Board Room Meeting
Eight Days Later

For nearly a week Turbinia's presence had gone rather unnoticed. It had made several world headlines, and several holo news networks may have mentioned a speculation of business deals, but the overall talks were rather secretive. Both sides wanted to keep the galaxy from prodding into the business arrangement, and the odds of a rival company altering or causing additional extensions would be probable, had the news of a contract renewal hit the arena. Turbinia's battle droids marched in rows, forming and deforming for days. The show had never stopped, yet the army-present must've been a very tempting offer.

"Ketra, we have thought long and hard about this arrangement between our two companies. We have." one of the board members stated, "It's tempting. We could use them, and an additional fifteen year contract isn't so bad. But, we haven't explored all of our options yet."

His gauntlets tightened around the data padd, as his fingers traced over his face, before dwindling into his hair line. "I don't know what would be best for our world...we're still rebuilding, we're still growing!"

Karlos was just as tired as anyone in this room, almost too tired, to continue with any more schematics, stock predictions, or economic charts of variable predictions... "I understand." Was all he could muster to say. Fighting for Arlyn's business deal was becoming less attractive as the hours slaved on...especially when it ruined his social life, and caused him a mild sense of psychological depression...

"We need more time." the older man stated, his gaze took a brief pause to stare out of the window, before his eyes ventured back inside of the room, "We need more time." he had repeated.

"More time?" Karlos asked incredulously, but as the beggar of the relationship, he had to abide. "As you wish."

*** Three Hours Later ***

"I'm beginning to think they won't take the business deal" Karlos informed the Trandoshan woman, "I don't expect they accept any of this!" His fist slammed against a chart that laid out the planetary shield generators Turbinia had placed around the planet, an effort to bargain once again with the defensive capabilities they could bring. "I wanna get off this frakkin' planet."

"You may have your wisssh." the woman spoke, "Out of ressspect for Caliasss Ketra, I will tell you not to take a Corellian Corvette." Before Karlos could question her, she simply turned and walked away...
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Turbinia Trade Fleet
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: