}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Question: Faction Member Finances
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Question: Faction Member Finances
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should factions track the funds of their members for them?
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
No
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 05:02pm    Post subject: Question: Faction Member Finances

Okay, I have a question to the members. In SWVII, I kept track of the personal funds of most faction-affiliated characters, with a few exceptions like those who tracked them by themselves and did so very well.

Now, I'll admit... it's a pain in the ass to update over fifty characters every Friday. :p So, I'm wondering if you think the factions that employ the characters should be responsible for keeping track of their money. It would certainly lessen my work load, which in turn means I can respond to your questions and problems quicker. It also adds some realism, and allows faction leaders more control over how much they spend on people. Obviously, the character would have to inform their faction leader of any expenses incurred for the week, to make sure those are recorded.

So, what do you think?

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 05:25pm    Post subject: Re: Question: Faction Member Finances

Ams Jendob wrote:
It would certainly lessen my work load, which in turn means I can respond to your questions and problems quicker.

YES.
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 05:25pm    Post subject:

I voted 'No' because faction leaders would know too much, to be blunt.
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 05:27pm    Post subject:

Yes, because I don't care because I'm special and no one is in my faction and if they were, they wouldn't be paid. They'd get like 100 million up front and never get a payment until like two months later.

Current Assets: 76,530,000,000
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 05:31pm    Post subject:

Well, having them track it is optional, just like now with me tracking it. If you can do it yourself, by all means. But for those that might forget...

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 05:49pm    Post subject:

I can keep track of my own finances, the problem is that would the finances be IC or OCC?
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 05:50pm    Post subject:

...What? :p IC, Arlyn, since they're for your characters. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 05:57pm    Post subject:

I like posting in orange...I've done this since VII.
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:03pm    Post subject:

...Where did that come from? :p I was responding to this:

Quote:
I can keep track of my own finances, the problem is that would the finances be IC or OCC?

Expand

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:07pm    Post subject:

LOL! Mis read that one.

That gives too much power to the government, at least in the Alliance. It wouldn't be probable. Unlike the Galactic Empire, we give our people freedom and the right to purchase what they want with the money they deserve. (as long as its not illegal). The government KNOWING what everyone does with their cash, how much they have... is ... Imperial.

Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:12pm    Post subject:

Or American. Save the speeches for Denon or the Holonet. :p It's also supposed to help the government know how much to take out of their income to pay you.

Expand

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:13pm    Post subject:

People should keep track of their finiances themselves - if they miss a payday, sucks to be them..

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kyp Durron
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:15pm    Post subject:

Well with chracters I don't ever track money.....ever. I just know what I can and can't buy. I could go and buy a DL-44 but I know I couldn't buy a ship.

Point in case, I think users should have to track their money. But if an admin were to do it too, it could help not only make sure people have the right amount of money, but if the said person was not sure if they didn't do their math right they can say "Hey Ams, do I have such and such amount of money?"

P.S. It sucks being a Jedi, we don't get paid.

Last edited by Kyp Durron on Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:16pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:15pm    Post subject:

Agreed with Jax. And although this might do wonders for you OOC, it creates whole new problems IC.

Maybe if you divided the workload up among CMAC...

Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:16pm    Post subject:

The CMAC has enough to deal with in my own bugging them without having to track every members finances. Don't stress them out even more or I will NEVER get my battles finished.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:18pm    Post subject:

Carnor Jax wrote:
People should keep track of their finiances themselves - if they miss a payday, sucks to be them..

People might add too much though. IMO it depnds on the faction. I'm evil so I keep track. Not sure about the Rebels and the Imps though.

Current Assets: 76,530,000,000
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:19pm    Post subject:

If you feel as if you have to cheat to get ahead in this game then you don't belong here, simple as that.

Expand

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:21pm    Post subject:

Ahh, NOW I see what you mean Arlyn. :p It would OOC, then. My mistake.

And yes, Carnor, we do advocate people doing it themselves, but, people sometimes forget or maybe add a little too much. This just makes it easier on everyone involved.

Expand

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:23pm    Post subject:

By and large a few credits one way or the other wont matter. I advocate either a thread in personal faction forums designating the amount of income each player gets in their position every week, or if the faction is small enough the faction leater sending PMs themselves to each player saying how much they got. Players can keep PMs to themselves of transactions executed and balance their funds like a checkbook.

Expand

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:25pm    Post subject:

I don't have a problem with faction leaders assisting their members in their finances, and perhaps OOC and IC evaluation could be different for each.

I mean, if one character is planning a rebellion, they wouldn't report their expenditures to their faction leader.

EDIT: Thanks Ams, I would agree if it was OOC.

Last edited by Alatáriël Pallanén on Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:26pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:26pm    Post subject:

Well, most factions do include a list of ranks with pay. However, that money comes out of the faction's pocket, so that does need tracking. Also, there's the issue of preventing players or factions from godmodding with their funds, another reason to track it.

Expand

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 06:36pm    Post subject:

It might be best if we have everyone OOCly report their expenditure to the faction designated person (most likely the leader at this point of the game). Then that person compiles everything, then sends it to you Ams, where you can look it over.
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 09:16pm    Post subject:

Too much red tape. :p Just send it to the faction leader, or your faction can have an officer in charge of accounting to send to. If there's a question, then CMAC should be notified.

Expand

Back to top »
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 09:47pm    Post subject:

I already do that, except I don't keep an actual record of transaction ... just a total amount. But yeah I think Faction Leaders should get an OOC record of their constituents spendings and earnings.

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sun, June 25th 2006 11:20am    Post subject:

Well I don't think assets need to be tracked at all... I mean I spend a lot of money, but its money I have... I don't go over cause that makes it less fun and challenging to be a player in the game....

credits: 34,976,000,000 credits

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Question: Faction Member Finances
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: