}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Libris Opera House
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » The Libris Opera House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Tue, April 15th 2008 05:28pm    Post subject: The Libris Opera House

Libris Opera House

Current Shows:
The Tragedy of Alderaan
The Rebirth of Lorrian
The Legend of Zeldo
Revon & Sabrina
Dess'anndrea

Ticket Prices:
Ticket Prices Vary. Closer Seats are higher priced
150 credits
250 credits
350 credits
450 credits
600 credits
12,000 credits for a Private Box ( valid for 3 months )
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Tue, April 15th 2008 06:24pm    Post subject:

The Rebirth of Lorrian - Act One
Private Box - Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad

"So, he is dead then?" the old man's voice slipped through the melody of the Opera, causing Arlyn to adjust slightly. For all concerns to this man, the agent known as De'kol would never again be.

"He died at Syberdyne. I was the only one he talked to." the thanagarian confirmed, watching the beautiful array of lights and dances overtake the scene.

"He had served the purpose well, then." his face never left the show, but she could tell his attention was gathered and focused entirely on her own. "The access code?" Reaching into her jacket's pocket, she retrieved a handwritten digit sequence. Overlooking it for a moment, she handed it to the man. "You are aware that if the Galactic Empire was to ever find out what we are planning, we would probably be killed."

Arlyn nodded, and with a dry sense of humor added, "We'd be killed in the end, after they torture and probe everything we have."

"To say the least..." his voice trailed off as the lead actor's voice bellowed across the opera house. After the act had completed, and the crowd roared in applause, the older man rose from his chair. "I must go. Preparations must be made, my dear. Your city is built?"

"It is."

"Then we both have our fallback locations." he smiled as he laid his hand on her shoulder, "May the Gods have mercy on our souls."

Last edited by Alatáriël Pallanén on Tue, April 15th 2008 06:26pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Wed, April 16th 2008 04:54pm    Post subject:

The Rebirth of Lorrian - Act Three
Private Box - Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad

"You wanted to see me, Chief?" a young man approached the thanagarian, bending in respect while listening to her command.

"Yes, Iankein, come closer I have good news." her attention breaking from the play to shift into a position where she could talk to the man more easily. "Our Rebel intelligence units have discovered the location of General Grievensy. He's hiding. In the Utapau system."

The boy's face lit with a triumphant smirk, before saying, "At last, we'll be able to capture that monster and end this war."

"I would worry about the collective wisdom of the council..." Arlyn's voice carried unseen manipulation, "...if they didn't select you for this mission. You're the best choice, by far. Hm." she thought for a moment, before offering him a seat. "Sit down." She turned to one her Umbaran counselors, and without regard to their enjoyment of the show, ordered "Leave us."

In unison the box emptied, and Arlyn's guests left the opera's private box.

"Iankein, you know that I am not able to rely on the Imperial Diplomacy Council. If they haven't included in on their plot, they soon will."

"I'm not sure I understand."

"You must sense, what I have I have come to suspect." the deep voices of the play resonated throughout the opera chamber as she continued, "The Galactic Empire want control over the Republic. They are planning to betray us."

"I don't think-"

She cut him off, "Iankein. Search your feelings. You know...don't you?"

He dipped his head, acknowledging some piece of information, "I know they don't trust you."

She scoffed, her head returning to the opera, "Or the senate. Or the Republic." she added sarcastically, "Or democracy for that matter."

"I have to admit, my trust in them has been shaken." Iankein said.

"Why?" Arlyn asked slowly, her head turning to look at him, before she answered her own question, "They asked you do something that made you feel dishonest, didn't they?" He breathed, before looking downwards, and once again, she answered her own question, "They asked you to spy on me, didn't they?" His gaze never left the ground, as he shifted uncomfortably.

"I-uh-don't know what to say."

"Remember back to your early teachings. All that gain power, are afraid to lose it." her voice was slow, attempting to bring him towards her, "Especially the Empire."

"The Empire uses their power for good." he said blindly, yet she could tell that he actually felt that way.

"Good is a point of view, Iankein. The Galactic Empire from the Rebellion are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power."

Iankein thought for a moment, "The Rebellion relies on their passion for their strength. They think inwards, and only about themselves."

Arlyn turned to stare at the man, and shot back, "And the Imperials don't?"

He held her gaze, before looking away, "The Empire is selfless. They care about others."

She nodded, and it was her turn to shift gears. "Did you ever hear of the tragedy of Calias Ketra the Wise?"

As though attempting to recall all the stories, all the textbook information, the boy simply responded, "No."

"I thought not." Arlyn answered immediately. "It's not a story the Empire would tell you. It's a Geonosian legend. Calias Ketra was a lord of the Geonosians, so powerful, and so wise, he could use the battle droids to influence the artificial intelligence protocols far beyond anything ever experienced, and create life. He had such a knowledge of artificial programming, he could keep even the ones he cared about, from dying."

"He could actually...save people from death?"

"Entechment is a pathway to many abilities, some consider unnatural." she answered slowly, allowing her words to soak into the boy.

"What happened to him?"

"He became so powerful, and the only thing he was afraid of, was...losing his power. Which, eventually, of course he did. Fortunately, he told his apprentice everything he knew. Then a crazed man, killed him. Ironic, he could save others from death, but not himself."

"Is it possible to learn this power?"

"Not from the Empire."

Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » The Libris Opera House
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: