}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
An Inconvenient Truth
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » An Inconvenient Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about KotOR versus ST? (read the post FIRST)
WTF HELL NO!!! (Extremely negative)
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Ehhh... can't get really thrilled over it. (Negative)
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
*shrug* 'K. (Neutral)
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Sounds interesting. I'd like to try it. (Positive)
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
...And you haven't started it yet, WHY? (Extremely positive)
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 07:44pm    Post subject: An Inconvenient Truth

Yes, it's true... it seems my interest in Star Trek is rising from general derision and a few nostalgic recollections to a desire to set up a Star Trek-based RPG. I know... I'm scared too. :(

Now, I am not talking anything immediate. All of my research from my last attempt was lost when my computer had problems several months ago. So, I need to scour the most insane of Trekkie fansites to get data.

I have some people interested, though. And I'm wondering who else might be. The setting would be some three years after the last Star Trek movie, in 2382. There have been some changes made to the Federation for playability (and survivability), which will be explained in-universe as well.

Thing is, I'm not sure if I want to do a pure Star Trek game. I've always had a thing for the classic matchup of Star Wars versus Star Trek. However, I've been thinking of a way to put a twist on it to make it more original than the stale "OMG PICARD VERSUS EXECUTOR" stuff that has dogged the Internet since the first meeting between a Trekkie and an SW fanboy on a BBS.

Instead of pitting the TNG Federation against the Empire, Alliance, and the like... instead, it will be contact with the Galactic Republic of old... about three decades after the Jedi Civil War. So this puts us in a nice clear space of SW, where we don't need to worry about sudden rewrites (such as Darth Malak suddenly being renamed to Alek Squinquargesimus... and yes, I typed that from memory, not CPed from Wookiee... it angered me that much :p) or running into other serious problems.

So, what do you think?

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sat, March 08th 2008 08:02pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 08:59pm    Post subject:

...Are you on crack? I would hapilly play a ST RP...but an ST/SW crossover is asking for trouble...namely the StarDestroyer.com type of trouble.

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 09:08pm    Post subject:

Heh, yeah. Actually, I based a lot of numbers for VII/I from estimates in the ST/SW section of SD.N. :p

Which is why I'm going back about 4,000 years in SW... the playing field is much more even.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 09:10pm    Post subject:

As long as we can also be Romulan.

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 09:14pm    Post subject:

Yes, Romulans are an option. Thalaron weapons are not. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 09:54pm    Post subject:

Quote:
...Are you on crack? I would hapilly play a ST RP...but an ST/SW crossover is asking for trouble...namely the StarDestroyer.com type of trouble.

Quoted for absolute truth.
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 09:56pm    Post subject:

Get on MSN or your "sexy engineer" gets it. :p

Also, it's not gonna be GCW, so SD.N's arguments are irrelevant.

EDIT: Also, if the crossover idea isn't popular enough that I feel it can be self-supporting like VIII, I'll just do a pure ST game. However, it'll be more focused... most likely limited to a single ship instead of a galactic approach like VIII.

Expand

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sat, March 08th 2008 10:05pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 10:16pm    Post subject:

Ben much more agrees with this idea...though wonders how long it could conceavably last before we all give up and potter back to VIII like usual...

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 10:20pm    Post subject:

You say that as if we'd leave VIII for it... oh, and it would be a Starfleet vessel. No Romulans. :p

AND NOT A PROMETHEUS, RORY.

Expand

Back to top »
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 10:46pm    Post subject:

Drat, my pointy-eared plans are foiled again...

And I agree with Rory, we SHOULD have a Prometheus-class.

Back to top »
Kilvec Ordo
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 11:00pm    Post subject:

I need to finish setting up National Crisis... that is all.

Kilvec Ordo

Chief Commander of the Citadel Krytocracy

"You just broke physics."-Peyr Baelish

"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of Kilvec's nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Gustaf Koehler." -Alexus
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 11:19pm    Post subject:

Ams, I think you need to have a seat over there and explain your unnecessary hostility towards myself and my Prometheus.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 11:31pm    Post subject:

Nevin Antilles wrote:
Quote:

Quoted for absolute truth.

Re-quoted for truth and I would like to add that ST blows anyway...

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 11:33pm    Post subject:

As if ST wasn't enough, you had to pick the worst possible timeframe in SW. No thanks.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 11:45pm    Post subject:

The worst timeframe? No. There's no Anakin, and no Anakin-wannabes. That automatically makes it one of the better timeframes. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 11:48pm    Post subject:

I'm rather wary of versus things myself...the pure one sounds much better.

Ams Jendob wrote:

AND NOT A PROMETHEUS, RORY.

I'd much rather hope to see either a Constitution refit, Excelsior, Miranda or a Defiant class...the Prometheus can kiss my ass and fly itself to the trash bin. :P

Ams Jendob wrote:
The worst timeframe? No. There's no Anakin, and no Anakin-wannabes. That automatically makes it one of the better timeframes. :p

And none of these either...
- "WTF instant planet destroying super cannons"
- Uber powerful Jedi and Sith who can take on entire legions of troops and not get scratched
- Wrinkly old prunes who so brilliantly put their thrones next to reactor shafts
- Jacen Solo
- Zekk

I could go on...but it'd take too much time.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Sat, March 08th 2008 11:52pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 11:51pm    Post subject:

Archer-class, actually. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 11:55pm    Post subject:

Editted previous post.:P

Ams Jendob wrote:
Archer-class, actually. :p

Never heard of it aside from the 14 man scout ship from the 2260s.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, March 08th 2008 11:58pm    Post subject:

Anakin-wannabe = Jacen :p

And no, new class of ship (of course... do you really think I could resist designing something? :p). Developed in response to the startling casualties being inflicted to the best ship the Federation had, the Sovereign.

If the Sovvie is the new Excelsior, this is the new Galaxy. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, March 09th 2008 01:00am    Post subject:

A KotOR RPG would be fine, a ST RPG would be a bit less fine but still fine, but a KotOR vs ST RPG? :shock:

Expand
 Back to top »
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, March 09th 2008 01:00am    Post subject:

NVM

Expand

Last edited by 307 on Sun, March 09th 2008 01:01am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, March 09th 2008 01:11am    Post subject:

KotOR is good... ST is okay... so KotOR + ST must be between good and okay. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, March 09th 2008 01:57am    Post subject:

I'd be interested in playing... (just the ST RPG) nothing with KotoR though.

And, I'd beg for a drone that seperated at Unimatrix Zero. (part of the Borg Resistance) :P
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sun, March 09th 2008 02:19am    Post subject:

We get it. Enough.

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sun, March 09th 2008 12:56pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Sun, March 09th 2008 02:21am    Post subject:

Han Solo wrote:
As if ST wasn't enough, you had to pick the worst possible timeframe in SW. No thanks.

Heresy. That is all.

Anyway, you more or less already know my opinion on the matter. I've never been big on ST, and I pretty much know nothing of the universe, so I can't see myself being inclined to play.

307 wrote:
A KotOR RPG would be fine

Ha! That's what I said.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » An Inconvenient Truth
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: