}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Office of the Chief of Rebellion Security
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Office of the Chief of Rebellion Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, January 13th 2008 09:33pm    Post subject: Office of the Chief of Rebellion Security

Chief of Rebellion Security: Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Executive Chief of Rebellion Security: Cillandra Wedge

Secretaries of the Chief:
- [First] Arranianna
- [Second] Tanya Symmon
- [Third] Tristo Fr'lrx

Office Correspondents:
[Diplomacy Liason:] Ryan Davad
[Intelligence Liason:] Lillian Loranx
[Navy Liason:] TBD
[Army Liason:] Commander Evelynn Starr
[Senate Liason:] TBD

Droids Permitted
- LX-50
- R2-D2
- C-3PO
- Yan-TX1
- E2-W1
- Thornax
- Artemis
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, January 13th 2008 10:09pm    Post subject:

The doors whooshed open, her eyes glancing away from the window and towards the man who had just entered. A fresh smile crawled across her face, as she welcomed him with a kiss. "I didn't think you'd be here so early." she remarked, kissing her husband for a second time.

"You did make the call."

She had. The time for the Rebellion's security efforts to maximize was now. Efforts with the navy, the army, the politicians...everything was in the sheer need of coherence. The war machine was brewing, on both sides, and the taking of neutral worlds and countless invasions across the galaxy made this all the more clear.

The Galactic Empire was on the move, the chess game was setting.

Geonosis, Thyferra and Korriban were lost in the first engagement, what worlds would be next?

"Metamorphi II." Ryan observed the melody that was playing in the background. She nodded, taking her seat across the desk as Eve's daily reports came into the computer system.

"Tatooine's crime rate has increased by four percent." Arlyn commented, which reminded her that envoys to the Hutts needed to be sent. Any and all assets they could muster in league with the Rebellion, would be necessary.

With Coronus established, the city safely tucked across the galaxy on a forgotten world, she breathed a little more easily that a safe point for her had family had been created. Eve's mission was a resounding success....

"I've asked Ackbar to join us." She said without looking over the console, but her husband was caught in his own reports to notice.

"I know, think he'll show?"

"Maybe." She wasn't entirely sure if the Commander in Chief would make an appearance, but if he did, it would allow her new adjustments to take their course more quickly.

"The starfighter convention, we should make an appearance." Ryan added to the conversation, "The Empire would slice anything we've got." Arlyn agreed, the capabilities, even the most lucrative, were too mysterious to predict. Underestimations could not be accounted for, not this round.

“I agree. I have a dozen projects that need to be worked on, overseen and adjusted for our needs. We have to expect the worse. Have you analyzed the footage of the Thyferran engagement?” This was rhetorical question, which she shortly answered, “They aren’t playing democratic, beneficiaries any more. They came for what they wanted, and got it. Half the Senate is still a mess from it…”

“And of Yoogle’s reports?”

She paused, taking a moment to recall her feelings. It wasn’t as abrupt as what she thought it should’ve been, but she answered, “Very disturbing. He is increasing the security of the Temple, and considering taking the Jedi to a remote location… possibly using decoys for a while.”

There was a chime at the door, as the next guest had arrived.

Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, January 14th 2008 05:28am    Post subject:

Jase walked silently into the waiting room, looking around. The office was new, an aesthetic improvement over the other one that the Hand had so expertly infiltrated. The receptionist looked up at him, as well as the Security officers. The expressions of disgust lined their faces conspicuously. Jase had not taken off the chains, earrings or gloves. Nor would he opt to remove him. I am death, foes and allies alike will know this...

" Sir," one of the guards said, approaching him. " You're going to have to hand that over before you see the Chief." Jase saw that he was pointing to the lightsaber that hung at his hip. " Do you wish to try and take it from me? If I had the intention of using it against your superior, all of you would be dead by now." Jase kept his emotionless gaze on the man, who backed away from him with a fearful nod.

Walking to the door, he pressed the chime and entered as it opened. " What is it?", he said, staring at Arlyn blankly.

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora
Leader of The Unknowns, Rogue Jedi, Smexy
The Hugh Hefner of Homicide

Jedi Powers: FS Roll
DT-III Armor: Having the right connections
Mace Windu's Lightsaber: Clever plotting
Getting away with murder: Priceless

Holder of the 10,000th post

Expand
 Back to top »
Ryan Davad
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, January 18th 2008 03:02pm    Post subject:

I wasn't sure what the man was thinking to enter the Rebellion Security's office wearing the remains of fallen criminals, but I knew that my wife wasn't a fan of his costume get up.

"Yes, I did." she said, and I was rather surprised. I knew he wasn't on the list of individuals that had been invited here for the meeting, so perhaps another purpose? "I wanted to acknowledge your gift, and thank you for Ketra's monument." With the contraband items around his body, I watched the man closely. "You've earned my gratitude in that aspect."

She beamed slightly, not allowing the motion of his attire affect her message, "Thank you Jase."

She extended her hand, and my chrono meter suggested that it was almost time for the rest of the delegates to arrive.

"Jase, we're on a tight schedule here." I cut in, "Perhaps we could have dinner or something?" My fingers tapped the door panel, and I motioned for his exit.

Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, January 18th 2008 08:27pm    Post subject:

Ackbar surveyed the new office. Pallanén had certainly been busy.

Fortunately, she seemed to have a shift in her behavior lately. Ackbar could almost sense that the Pallanén he bellieved represented a grave threat to the Alliance was gone. And for that, he was grateful. The Alliance had enough outside enemies, with government after government willfully joining the abominable Empire, as well as various unconfirmed rumors floating around of expansions and conquests in all corners of the Galaxy by almost every government.

On top of that, the Alliance seemed to have lost one of its best. Nevin Antilles had apparently resigned before the Chief of State. The news was still being kept under wraps from the military, but rumors would eventually get around.

The fight against tyranny was a difficult path, to be sure. But anymore, the fight seemed to be stacked more and more against the Alliance. Everything was rumor and hearsay, as it had been in the old days, but more often than not, the more disturbing of rumors were the most accurate. And the waters were starting to get dangerous, from what scuttlebutt said.

He just hoped the tide of rumor and suspicion wouldn't erode the banks of the Alliance's morality and ethical standards, that their fight wouldn't turn them into the tyrants they hoped to defeat. It was what occured in the Clone Wars, when the Republic was swept aside in a tidal wave of change and all that remained was the Empire.

Ackbar strode into the waiting chamber, his mind a sea of dark thoughts and strategies to defeat the challenges posed, currents and eddies that he kept under a serene surface. And he waited to speak with the Alliance Chief of Security.
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sat, January 19th 2008 03:00pm    Post subject:

Sorry Jase... :P

As Denora left the room, the thanagarian caught a glimpse of the waiting patron of the Rebellion Alliance. It had been some time since she had conversed with the Commander in Chief, however, she felt rather honored that he had taken the time to make his appearance here. It would seem the Alliance sensed the need for some kind of acknowledgement of the future.

Examining her uniform, adjusting one of the pins slightly, before opening the door and personally inviting the Calamari inside. "Commander Ackbar." she saluted, and stood at attention.

Ryan exited the room as well, and followed suit.

Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, January 20th 2008 04:14pm    Post subject:

As Surge stepped out of the Denon heat and into the small office, a rush of air blew through his short cut hair. Stepping into what he now realized was the reception room, he nodded to the woman behind the desk, and stepped toward Alatáriël's office. One of the two guards by the door stepped infront of him.
"Sir," he said, motioning toward a small pistol on Skyes' belt with an outstreched hand.
Surge pulled the gun off its clip, and spun it's butt toward the mans hand. He quickly grabbed it, and tugged, but Surge held on to it for moment and stared the man in the eyes before releasing it.
The guard then quickly stood aside and let Surge into the office.

He's not dead! :P

Grand Air Marshal Surge Skyes

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, January 24th 2008 08:09pm    Post subject:

For private purposes, the content of the meeting will not be discussed on the boards.

With the Commander in Chief, Surge Skies of the starfighters corps, and a wide variety of planetary leaders or vips, the Security meeting began.
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, January 25th 2008 01:16am    Post subject:

The meeting topics can be found in Rebellion Private Forums. Please contact me by PM, if you have anything you wish to add. Otherwise, the Security Chief is clocking out for the day...

Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad thanked the last member, before the doors shut behind them. Looking to her husband, she couldn't help but smile. She mouthed, "Let's go home."
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, January 25th 2008 02:23pm    Post subject:

Month 1 Day 25

With a tray of afternoon snacks, the Security Chief entered the hallways and instantly, her aides beamed. She distributed the small meals, each aide taking their unique order, while she reviewed the monthly and daily reports. It was an average day, after spending the morning with her family at the local amusement theater.

"Everything seems in order." Arlyn said, her smile vibrating, "Arranianna. Tanya. Tristo. " She paused, allowing each assistant to finish chewing. After a moment, and their mouths were clean, she said, "Load a list of 100 homeless shelters. Something that promotes what we do, and encourages good behavior." She paced slightly, building up the moment, "I want them to have a feast tonight."

Tanya smiled, she was always one for charity, and she returned to her chair which swilved to her monitor. Arranianna walked towards her own, while passing Arlyn with a skip, "Someone's in a generous mood today."

"What is the occasion?" he stopped, his jaw dropped, "You're not pregnant, are you?"

Arlyn laughed, shoving the man towards his desk, "No." her voice was firm, yet answered teasingly. "I just want our office to look like we're defending and securing the people. Our image needs to be different than ISB."

The doors to her office opened, and she stepped inside, leaving her aides to the charity work. "Eve." Arlyn called to the supercomputer, "Load up the security officers currently on disability leave. Narrow the search to Denon, and families that are struggling financially."

Her wings tingled, as she took her seat. Today was going to be great day.

Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sat, January 26th 2008 03:36am    Post subject:

A few senators had left her office, they extended a personal gratitude for taking a positive step in the community, having raised their spirits and helped uncover their purpose against the sea of madness. Her eyes closed for a moment, the afternoon was long gone, and it had become a late night, but a respected one, nonetheless. She had handled several press conferences, managing to persuade the people that the efforts of planetary security, were advancing. Their duty was not planetary defense, per say, but order and maintaining the peace.

After all, Security was not a military body, only a civilian equivalent, moderation force.

Her wings stretched for a moment, her body emerging from her office after eleven and half hours of work. The halls were quiet, only lined with security officers and the night guard. She thanked each of them as she passed, before exiting the building and locating the family speeder.

"Long day." Ryan stated, as she collapsed in the passenger seat.

"Yes." was all she could muster, before slipping in and out of a dreamful state.

Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sat, February 02nd 2008 07:14pm    Post subject:

Month 1; Day 33 - Holo-Conference

"Indeed." came the Coruscanti accented reply of Burk Dellianto, a member of the Guild of Security from the Ryloth homeworld.

She had been in the meeting for two hours, attempting to formulate a more unionized protocol for security. "Gentleman, ladies." Arlyn interrupted the conference, that wasn't fueled by malice, but a more passionate conversation. "We'll break for thirty minutes. Clear your minds, and let's come back to the table with some real options. Independence, yet coherence is the key here."

Bowing their heads with their final salutations, the conference took a break.

Breathing a sigh of relief, she typed in her lunch order, before retreating to her desk to finish a small stack of reports she had put off several hours earlier. The Navy.

Nevin Antilles was a decorative officer of the Empire, before he joined the Alliance, and a close friend to Ams Jendob, head of the Imperial Intelligence. Concerns were rising that in his disappearance, he had brought the Empire a stack of long-term intelligence reports that he had gathered.

Nothing had been done, since his return. No internal investigation, no questions that would silence the rising speculations or conspiracy theories. In fact, Arlyn had researched into his defense, and had found very little. No one has a clue to where he had disappeared too.

For now, the Chief of State, although not officially stated, seemed to be looking into the situation personally. Arlyn knew the two were on a somewhat personal level. Friends, perhaps, but they were certainly acquaintances.

With a few clicks of her fingers, she dismissed the reports. Nevin Antilles was quiet, and silence wasn't incriminating.

Last edited by Alatáriël Pallanén on Sat, February 02nd 2008 07:16pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Sarafina Hedon

Post Posted: Wed, February 06th 2008 05:50pm    Post subject:

With the muffled creak of support struts settling, the X-wing settled on the landing pad outside of the Security Chief's office. The setting sun glinted off a small gold-leaf sigil of a lounging 'droid holding a cluster of grapes in one hand and a frag grenade in the other, casting a shard of light on the shadow of the fighter. Over twenty years old, and still one of the most reliable pieces of technology in the Rebellion. Sarafina smiled a little as she drew her fingers over the nose of the fighter, caressing it as she would a lover, before hefting a pack of datacards on her shoulder.

Her eyes rapidly adjusted to the softened interior lighting of the offices, her footsteps thudding on the smooth floor. Her uniform wasn't regulation, but then again she hadn't exactly followed protocols on Fresia. Six designs, three engineers fired, one office destroyed, and four new blasphemous phrases were left on the planet when the officer finally decided to take her leave, something she would likely hear about later. Right now, however, she had what she wanted. And that, in the end, is all that mattered.

She strode to the door and rapped twice upon it, then stepped into the office and closed the heavy portal behind her. She held up a hand as she set the arranged datacards on Arlyn's desk, eyes lifting to meet the Thanagarian's. "I know, I know, I probably should have left something intact on Fresia... I couldn't help it, though. Nepotistic idiots were hiring greenhorns and paying them more than the good ones, what the frak was I supposed to do about that?"

She sighed, then gestured towards the cards. "The products of three months of work, there ready for you. Four single-pilot designs, one dual-pilot, and one atmospheric gunboat there. I'd like to submit them to the Senate for review and approval so we can get them into the Air Corps as soon as possible, but I felt it would be wise to get your approval first, especially since..." her voice trailed off, though her eyes never wavered. The matter was one settled between them, yet still was a source of mild hostility at times.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Tue, February 19th 2008 11:22am    Post subject:

Her desk received a stack of designs, most likely Hedon's best. "I know, I know, I probably should have left something intact on Fresia... I couldn't help it, though. Nepotistic idiots were hiring greenhorns and paying them more than the good ones, what the frak was I supposed to do about that?" Arlyn almost allowed a smirk to slip from under her guise, but for now, she held her stern impression. Her wings adjusted slightly, her left hand reaching for the designs. Her eyes broke away momentarily, scanning the information of the first, then the second, before allowing her gaze to return to the woman. "...especially since..." Sarafina had started a train of thought, and curiousity wanted her to finish it.

"First off. Thank you for coming. I know it's a hassel to travel, especially under short notice." Arlyn attempted to send a positive vibe, somekind of expression that here, she wouldn't be under the pressures of the galaxy. "Secondly, from the glimpses of the first two designs, I can already tell you have some impressive starfighters." Years of Lamba and Turbinia's engineering reports allowed her to say this with confidence, "Lastly, if you're hungry I can have a server deliver food or breverages... while we get these endorsed by myself, and sent to the proper committees and military offices."

She paused, allowing the information to soak into her, before adding, "Especially since, what exactly?" her eyes dipping back to the reports of the third design.

Sarafina Hedon

Post Posted: Tue, February 19th 2008 04:22pm    Post subject:

The Rebel officer waved off the offer of refreshment, pulling up one of the chairs in the Security Director's office and spinning it around. Straddling the seat, her hands folded across the top of the chair, her eyes looking up towards the Thanagarian's. "While I appreciate your concern, Director, I assure you it isn't necessary. I'd much rather be jerked left and right across the galaxy than sit up on that station and contemplate the insides of my eyelids while everyone else gears up."

She looked momentarily towards the third design, then suddenly snatched it and spun it around to face her. In a sudden burst of inspiration she withdrew an electronic stylus from behind her ear and began to sketch a couple additional notes on the design, replacing what appeared to be a weapon socket and a hull component, before sliding it back to Arlyn's gaze. The Chief Marshal's eyes remained on the design a moment, before the liquid orbs moved to meet the Thanagarian's.

"Especially since one of the Empire's top starfighter designers is my father. Perhaps you have some intel on him... his name is Socra Testudinata." She leaned back a little, fingers and vertabrae popping as she stretched the tightness from her muscles. Her head dropped back, a smirk tugging at her lips. "Grand Marshal Socra Testudinata, Commander of all Imperial Starfighter forces."

She motioned towards the designs, a casual flick of her wrist towards the design for the Interceptor. "The interceptor I have designed there, it borrows from his portfolio. Before I left to join the Rebellion, I stole one of his designs to help my career here, until I had the facilities to make my own... you can expect that the Empire has, or will soon have, an upgraded V-38 in their arsenal. He loved that design, even if it was one of us that designed it."

She looked back up to Arlyn, her voice soft but at the same time resolute. "Mrs. Davad, I know what my father is capable of... he's been with them since the Clone Wars. I grew up with an old Arc-170 in the garage. I was tinkering with sublight drives before I could walk. I know what I'm capable of, and I know I'm nowhere near the designer my father is. The Rebels beat the Empire with starfighters because they didn't listen to him. I doubt they'll make the same mistake again."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, February 29th 2008 06:11pm    Post subject:

"Grand Marshal Socra Testudinata, Commander of all Imperial Starfighter forces." Yes, of course the thanagarian had this piece of intelligence, in fact, it was Eve that had provided this sanctuary of information before the woman's arrival. Arlyn liked knowing the secrets of her guests, and she was no exception. She remained silent for this portion, taking in the revelation as though it was of a somewhat surprise.

What she enjoyed about Sarafina, was her devotion to perfection. It was an asset the Rebellion needed, especially with the rumors of Imperial starfighter superiority. And what she said next, confirmed that. With another nod, Arlyn stood from her chair, turning her back to the human, and stared into the busy sky-lanes of Denon's afternoon.

"You know as well as I do, that the Rebellion requires some creative, perfect work." she said as though they were close friends, "I joined the Rebellion in pursuit of the democracy, and the ability and promise this government held at the time. With your designs, that puts our defenses one notch higher."

Her wings relaxed slightly, as she returned to her desk, her eyes more peaceful, "Thank you for telling me of your parentage. I will respect this information with great care. I agree that the Empire is preparing and correcting the mistakes it has made since the dawn of the rebellion's successes. You have my respect, and my endorsement."

Sarafina Hedon

Post Posted: Wed, March 05th 2008 07:38am    Post subject:

A silent sigh of relief passed through Sarafina's mind, and with a short nod she stood. "Thank you, Alatáriël. I will arrange a meeting with the appropriations committee." The Chief Marshal extended her hand, which the Chief of Security took with a firm clasp and a smile. She knew that the Thanagarian would have the designs reviewed by a panel of engineers, but there was nothing to worry about... the designs were as sound as anything that had been created.

Moments later, the Rebel was in the cockpit of her X-wing and lifting off, to return to her duty station at the orbital command platform. Great things were in the works, and she wasn't going to be locked in an office while they were unfolding. Her voice rang out over the communications channels, "This is the No Apology, requesting clearance at docking bay Alpha-04"

"No Apology, this is Denon Orbital Control. You are cleared for docking at Alpha-04, please remain on your present course. Welcome home, Chief Marshal."
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, March 06th 2008 03:52am    Post subject:

Alatáriël's gaze sharpened as she watched the starfighter leave Security's hangar bay and lift off into Denon's evening. The sun had descended, it's rays vanishing on the horizon as the sparkles of metallic hovercraft filled the sky. Her wings moved, adjusting to the absent wind current that glass had seperated her from.

Turning against the window, she walked carefully across the room to her desk, and picked up the designs once more, scanning them individually, before summoning Eve's distribution protocols and filed them to the proper channels.

On an additional holonet screen, a textile message flashed, a countdown to her presentation of Security's monthly activity was to be presented to the Senate's Security Committee. Her goals and aims had been made this month, with an overall advance in their primary objectives. She had spent countless hours that rivaled her ability to both Direct the Security Department, and act as a mother to her three children. Government officials with families seemed to be burdened with the choices they had to make, putting their loved ones on a schedule that never seemed coherent enough.

She missed Isabel's first painting, something that Ryan had bragged and even prided himself over witnessing. Her children were growing, and with the overtime she had put into the office, she was missing the small, yet crucial steps they were taking.

She logged off her computer systems, Eve automatically securing the office, and alerting her guards that Arlyn was prepared to leave.

It was a time of distrust, even among the rising successes of her office, she still feared the possible attempts against her life.

"Alatáriël." a faithful bodyguard approached her, his name was temporarily forgotten as she still reflected on the upcoming Committee Session. "We have three speeders, which one will you like to take today?"

"The red one." Arlyn flashed a smile, remembering that in half an hour, she'd be home and with her children. As soon as she left the office doors, it shouldn't revolve around the Rebellion, but to them any ways.

Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, March 27th 2008 01:09pm    Post subject:

Thyferra loaded on the galaxy map, and the rush of information flooded her screen as she pressed several keys.

"Have the Imperials made contact?" Arlyn asked her Supercomputer assistant.

"Negative." Arlyn leaned against the chair, stretching her wings for a moment, as she waited for the terms.

Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Wed, April 09th 2008 02:28pm    Post subject:

The doors chimed as they activated, a pair of Intelligence agents burst into her office. She recognized one of the pair as Agent Rendolli. "Chief, we need you to come with us." Arlyn had just input the data packets for the outlying systems, her eyes narrowing to question their urgency. "Chief, it's Agent De'kol." Instantly, Arlyn moved from her desk and towards the woman that spoke his name.

"Agent De'kol?" Arlyn questioned more firmly, attempting to understand the severity of the issue.

"Yes, ma'am. You need to come quickly, he doesn't have much time."

Several security officers waited outside, her bodyguard detail included with a pair of worried and confused looking desk assistants. "Jon, get the speeders. Now!" The middle aged man, one of her most effective bodyguards, raced off into the corridor. "Let's go." the thanagarian responded.

Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, April 17th 2008 06:37pm    Post subject:

He didn't get many answers from the woman, but her silence gave more away than she'd admit. And there was something about her, something that didn't seem to add up. "Commander Starr, what are you?" he asked randomly, "Corellian? Mantellian? Coruscanti? Naboo?"

"Human, my birthplace is of no concern."

"My guess is Mantellian." he pondered, "They're uptight, and resented people. Your homeworld sucks though, no offense of course. It's a pity what the Corellians did, but-"

"Mr. Ketra, I don't think now is the time for your biased opinion." the Commander's eyes were blue, and quite frankly, the most brilliant eyes he had ever seen.

"Right, sorry. You Mantellians like to plot and scheme, like the old Resistance, eh?" Karlos was motivated to continue for some reason, "Probably why you joined the Rebellion... used of fighting... still hating the Empire for coming along..."

She let out a sigh, obviously agitated, but he pressed onwards, "I was born on Coruscant, you know. And my family history stretches back almost a thousand years..." he thought for a moment, no doubt sending the woman into a silent serenity, before he broke the silence he had created, "At least you're not a Mandalorian. Just because they had one Empire, their bloodthirsty attempts last for centuries. You'd think they'd settle down, and attempt to start a world again, versus forming clans with death pledges. Barbarians, is the best term. Nomads without a cause!"

The speeder had finally arrived at the Rebellion Security HQ, though he didn't seem as pleased as the facial expression blondie let out. "Wow. The thanagarian sure knows how to show off." Shifting so his legs hit the ground, he stared in amazement, "It's impressive."

"Indeed." was all his escort provided, but he launched into his own theory.

"I've been thinking why she called me here..." Karlos hurried his pace along, attempting to match the blonde woman, "And I don't have a clue. I was a starfighter pilot, fer sure, but what kind of mission would you send me on? Intelligence? I doubt that, seems like the Rebellion is a little too afraid to do anything. You'd think Admiral Solo would've brought some ships to Thyferra, and kicked ass, but he didn't."

They boarded a turbolift.

"And you would think Nevin Antilles would've done something, but he went missing. And suddenly resigns. Word in the prisons was that he's on a long term intelligence mission...still working for the Empire. Seeing as he was best buddies with the Supreme Moff Jendaub."

"I doubt that."

"Then again, with all these Rebellion doubts, you've watched a lot of old DRWP and Federation worlds fall to the Galactic Empire. Seems a shame, really."

The turbolift doors opened on the thirty second floor, but strangely, the female Commander entered an access code causing the doors to shut and continue upwards; not stopping for any more floors.

"That elderly woman looked like she needed a lift." Karlos shook his head, "And we just closed the doors and -"

"Mr. Ketra," her voice was irritated, "Enough. Your little opinions mean very little value, nor should they be voiced without concern. You're right, I forged your release."

"I knew it, I could blackma-" The woman moved so quickly, and with such force it caught Karlos off guard. And before he knew it, her fingers were wrapped around his neck, and his feet were several inches off the ground.

"Things are not what they seem, Mr. Ketra, and it would be wise not to antagonize the Security Chief, do I make myself clear?"

His voice croaked out a, "Yes, madam." Just in time for him to regain his stance, and take a breath, before the doors opened to the Office of the Rebellion Security Chief.
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, April 17th 2008 10:58pm    Post subject:

Unrest was beginning to settle across the galaxy, her lieutenants felt it, and she felt it. The Rebellion was moving into a dark age, as preparations and the Imperial hypothesis would be tested. Even the Imperial News Network mentioned the rumors of military buildup, and with the loss of three Rebellion worlds, Thyferra being a partial one, there was no doubt more would succumb to the same treatchry.

The Chief of State was the governing body, and she had allowed the take over of the bacta resources, and because of it, prices had increased, and distribution had been interrupted. Medical supplies were growing thin, and the pressure was being pushed on all departments to make something happen, to show the people, that justice and democracy would prevail.

Yet, nothing was being made.

There was a chime at the door, and with a click on her desk, the doors opened allowing the supercomputer and Calias's cousin to step through. It was strange, as inflections and physical features matched almost exactly in some ways, and in others, they were uniquely different.

Karlos Ketra had served with Arlyn and Calias during the war with the Empire, some of the final days of the URWP and LAMBDA... Karlos had suited up, and served at the Battle of Corulag. He had witnessed the scaring of the planet, and the bold move the Empire had made against the galaxy as a whole.

Corulag was the first sign. It was the was mark of the great path of destruction, and no doubt, it would prevail to continue...eventually.

"Chief," Eve started, her voice was unusually agitated, "I present Karlos Ketra."

Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, April 19th 2008 02:08am    Post subject:

She was different than what Karlos remembered, she was older, and although she aged with obvious grace, her innocence seemed to have been lost, and she had finally settled with a faction. "Chief." Karlos stated, extending his hand. She took it, before pulling him into her. It was awkward hugging the woman, the wings were distracting, and the touch of the feathers sent a chill throughout his body. Nonetheless, he owed her everything. "Thank you." he whispered, letting their moment last as long as it needed.

"Commander, you're dismissed. Thank you." the thanagarian said to blondie. "I'll be fine." Several seconds passed, and the two were alone. "So what happened, Karlos?"

"What do you mean, what happened?" he fired back, not wanting to hear her pathetic excuses. He needed her more than ever at his trial, and she had ignored his petitions. "You allowed me to go to prison."

"You deserved it. And if showed up, that-"

"Would've convicted you also?" he took a seat, his posture taking the offensive, "I've missed you, but I've hated you. You left me to rot, and then suddenly, when you need me, you spring me out?"

"That's not entirely true, Karlos."

He let out a sarcastic sigh, "Bullshit." His fingers picked up a family holoframe, and he studied Ryan first, then the kids. "Nice family." Before slamming it down on the desk, "I'm glad you were able to forget about the rest of us so quickly." Arlyn took a step towards him, but he held out his hand. "Either way, I would've ended up in that jail. Probably longer if you did come to my rescue. Heckler served his time, and rumor has it, Han Solo was slapped on the wrist, despite your objections."

Arlyn's head took a defensive rise, before she launched into her own, "You had strict orders, and YOU failed to follow them. You were given the order to take the Democratic Warrior, and return to Geonosis." She paused allowing time to straighten the holo-frame of her family, "And guess what, you frakked up. You chose Heckler over your own flesh and blood."

Karlos rose immediately, "Frak you! Frak Calias!" His fist slammed on the desk, "You DESERTED the government. You took Geonosis, and you separated! What the hell was I supposed to do?"

"You were serving aboard a ship that contained valuable information... those worlds would still be in our hands, if you had chose-"Arlyn flared, but was cut off.

"Does it really matter, Arlyn? Does it really matter?" He sat back down, "I've served my time. I've sat in a cell, months, thinking about my choice. I made the right choice. Did I want Calias to die? No!" he nearly shouted the last word, before he breathed and continued, "It doesn't matter. We all choose our fate, and I'm fine with that. What is it you want?"

The thanagarian returned to her desk, and slowly sat. Her fingers traced along the keypad, before her desk drawer unlocked. She retrieved a hidden data padd and slipped it across the table. "Take that to Brote Heckler."

"Pardon?"

"You leave for Ithor in an hour."

Karlos never thought he'd have the opportunity to see that man again, and in fact, he had no reason nor desire, to give or receive anything from him. If she hadn't forged his release, he'd take a blaster and fry the datapadd right in front of her... but he owed her. "As you wish." He rose and simply walked out of the door, not caring whether he needed to know where to go.

He'd figure out a way to get there...
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, April 20th 2008 12:14am    Post subject:

She wasn't surprised he stormed out of the office, but he owed her more than a premature release from prison. And in time, he'd come to realize this, and pledge his life to her orders.

"Eve, can you escort Karlos to the rooftop? Have him board the shuttle, then alert him to the droid's orders. Thank you." she clicked off the intercom, before rising and facing the family holoframe once again. She loved her family, though sometimes, very rarely, she wondered what it would've been like had Denora passed on the assassination of Calias. What if he hadn't killed her fiance?

Her eyes twirled with the daydream, but when she returned to reality, Arlyn knew that nothing could match the happiness she had found with Ryan. She skimmed over the Rebellion reports, and because of the efficiency of her department, most of the day's work had been finished. And with the down time, she took the liberty to review some of Vaatrik's latest mission statements, and goals.

She had been elected over the board, and it was time for a new face. The Vaatrik the galaxy had known would cease to exist, and something new and vigor would replace it.

Something also pondered on the thanagarian's mind, and kept her staring blankly into Denon's traffic sky lanes....something that could change everything...

Karlos Ketra
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, April 22nd 2008 09:11pm    Post subject:

"I need the Mandal Motors contract re-signed, otherwise, we may lose copyright and an entire line of Mandalorian production." the thanagarian stated, her eyes losing interest in what Ketra had just informed her about Ithor, "I'm sending a trading fleet with specific orders. If we have to give the Mandos a few battle droids to renew the contract, do it."

Karlos folded his arms, "You know, you sounded a lot like Calias just then. He had me doing so much contract shit, it's partially why I went to Brote's side of things."

"Karlos, just get to Mandalore. Get the contract signed, and maintain relations with the Mandalorians. The last thing I need is for them to be pissed. We have bigger fish to fry."

She was after the basilisk war droid contract, and she had something else up her sleeve. Bigger fish to fry?

He learned not to question her orders, not with those damn crab droids still following his every move.

"As you wish, your Highness." he ended with a sarcastic tone, before he departed.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Office of the Chief of Rebellion Security
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: