}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
My appology
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Announcements » My appology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavin Young
Private

Post Posted: Thu, January 03rd 2008 10:50am    Post subject: My appology

I've been reading up on my Star Wars Expanded Universe novels (currently Heir to the Empire and related) and I find myself having to apologize to the community.

For what, some may ask, but most will know. During SWVII I played the character of Luke Skywalker, though by my own admission my portrayal wasn't brilliant, but at least it was for the most part in character.

However for many months after the beginning of SWVIII I began to lose sight of the character behind the name and the power, and it is for this that I apologize.

I perverted a character that many people within and outside the community admire for one reason or another. I totally removed the character and replaced him with something else using the name and face of our beloved hero. Unfortunately I realised, and acted, far too late to save myself the embarrassment of being dragged before the community and being stripped of the character. Though it is of note that I did not enter the ensuing reclamation posting contest, and I must congratulate Zara for his portrayal and in his attempt to restore the character to it's former glory.

Well now that I've wasted all your time with this I thank you all for reading and I hope we can avoid future mistakes of this nature in the future.

Gavin.
 Back to top »
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, January 03rd 2008 12:03pm    Post subject:

Good man, accepting your failures is the best way forwards.

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu, January 03rd 2008 01:18pm    Post subject:

Apology accepted, and I'm glad you can see the reason for the reclamation. Here's to the future! :D
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Thu, January 03rd 2008 03:27pm    Post subject:

Glad to hear that, Gavin. Maybe now I can feel a little less guilty about taking your character. :P

On a more serious note, apology accepted, and as Crazed said, here's to the future! :D
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, January 03rd 2008 03:54pm    Post subject:

I wasn't a part of VII, but cheers for the future!

"Screw Lucas." - Moff, avid Star wars fanboy

Attack of the Clones, as summarized by Alexus.

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Announcements » My appology
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: