}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Jase Denora's Office ( Classified )
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Jase Denora's Office ( Classified )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sun, September 02nd 2007 09:08am    Post subject: Jase Denora's Office ( Classified )

Jase sat quietly, his eyes closed and his mind focused on the Force. With his legs crossed and his hands resting on his knees, the former assassin floated three inches above the ground, suspended by his concentration on the Force. Focusing his consciousness on the life energy that surrounded him, he simply hovered motionless, seemingly dead to the outside world. Far from ignorant, his subconscious mind, which had adapted over the years to stay alert for any noise or sight out of the usual, kept him alert, but separated from the outside.

There were many things to go over. He had spent a week in bacta after the incident on Obroa-Skai. Now, he had a new scar to add to the countless others that marked his body beneath his robes. He hoped the woman had survived, he wanted to personally repay her for the blaster wound. There were other matters, as well. He wanted to get away for a small time. Perhaps go visit Sarafina and his child. With Avaritus safely out of the equation for now, he was willing to take time to explain to her his actions. Though, he knew it would be wise to bring Herdez and Tam with him, as a precaution, considering what had happened during his last vacation...

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora
Leader of The Unknowns, Rogue Jedi, Smexy
The Hugh Hefner of Homicide

Jedi Powers: FS Roll
DT-III Armor: Having the right connections
Mace Windu's Lightsaber: Clever plotting
Getting away with murder: Priceless

Holder of the 10,000th post

Expand
 Back to top »
Joshua Tam
Private

Post Posted: Mon, September 03rd 2007 06:24pm    Post subject:

Moving through the duracrete corridors towards Jase's office, Joshua readied himself for the coming reprimand he was probably going to get. He and Jase had not spoken since the operation, as Jase was in a bacta tank the entire time, but he knew he was in trouble. Using explosives when not authorized was fairly serious, but he maintained that it was necessary.

Stopping at the door, he took a deep breath, and hit the comm button. A few seconds later, a voice issued from the speaker saying, "Enter."

Clearing his throat, he hit the door release and stepped over the threshold. Instantly, he was a bit nervous. The most prominent feature of the room was the remnants of Dark Trooper III armor, looked to be shattered by an explosion was sitting on a shelf. The next thing he noticed were the various weapons, and defensive implements lining the walls. The last thing his eyes took in was a hologram. A young man, who couldn't be older than twelve.

Joshua stared at the holo for a few seconds, trying to spot any features of Jase within the boy, but couldn't find any. It was possible he was the uncle, or something instead of the father. Turning his attention now to Jase, hovering off of the ground, Joshua stood at attention, and snapped a salute.

"You wanted to see me, sir?"
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, September 03rd 2007 06:53pm    Post subject:

His eyes opened as a presence was detected in the hall. At least Tam wasn't late, the man was braver than he thought. As the chime was pressed, Jase spoke quietly into the comm. " Enter..." Jase kept his eyes as slits, watching Tam quietly as the sniper entered. He seemed to be slightly nervous, taking in the sights of Jase's office. He saw Tam's gaze flicker to the hologram of Erics and he sighed mentally. Ceasing his meditation, he stood and walked to his desk, sitting in the chair and turning off the holgram's image as Tam saluted. " Don't salute when you enter, Tam. I've told you that you aren't regular army anymore.

Holding his hand up, he reached out with the Force and slammed Tam into a chair via the invisible energy. " Sit...", Jase said, standing and pacing the floor behind his desk. " You are a sniper, Tam. I took you in because I needed a sniper." Jase turned, placing his hands on the desk and leaning forward slightly, emotionless gaze piercing into Tam's eyes. " Not a demolition's expert. The next time you load ordinance that I have not cleared you for, I will personally see to it that you become extraordinarily familiar with why I am so infamous in the galaxy, am I clear?"

After Tam responded, Jase stood to full height again and opened a cabinet, pulling two bottles of Corellian Ale from a refrigeration compartment. Setting a bottle down in front of Tam, Jase sat and opened his own. " Tell me, Tam, have you ever been to Naboo?"

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand

Last edited by Jase Denora on Mon, September 03rd 2007 06:54pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Joshua Tam
Private

Post Posted: Wed, September 05th 2007 09:17am    Post subject:

Joshua swallowed hard. He hadn't been expecting the force push, but he wouldn't allow it to phase him. The threat made him nervous, but he knew Jase's reputation when he entered the unit. He was just having a bit of trouble adjusting to the real person.

Finding his voice, he said, "Twice. Once for advanced urban warfare training with a few Imps as the training dummies, and once for a recon op, which went south. Other than that, no sir."

Tam winced at the memory of the recon operation. He had been assigned to a four man team to scout a rumored Imperial special forces group on the planet. Scouting was all they were supposed to do. Two men died within four days on the op, and Tam and his spotter were forced into one of the very few wooded areas on Naboo. Imperial Storm Commandos. Very skilled fighters. Certain they were being watched, Tam and his spotter stayed in the same position, motionless for over two days, not even moving to eat, drink or relieve themselves. It wasn't pleasant.

At the beginning of the third day, they spotted the group, widely spread coming through their area of the forest, searching for Tam and his spotter. The spotter, Ellian Devall had given Tam the order to fire on the group. No sooner had he fired, then a green bolt streaked through the foliage, and removed Devall's head. Tam had taken out the sniper who was separate from the main group no more than half a second later, but was forced to retreat as the remaining three Storm Commando's opened fire. Forced to find his own way off the planet, Tam stowed in a cargo ship and made it back to Denon, and made his report. He was promoted for the Operation, and stuck with a new unit. It sickened him.

Pushing that to the back of his mind, he grabbed the Corellian Ale that Jase has set in front of him, and slammed it back. He needed a drink right now.
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, September 05th 2007 09:30am    Post subject:

Jase nodded solemnly, watching Tam's facial expressions and body language as he spoke of the botched operation. " I'm going on vacation, Tam. I need some time to clear my head after that last op." Jase took a sip of his ale and leaned back in his chair. He never let his gaze break from Tam's own. The emotionless gray eyes were probably his greatest weapon, plus, he felt better when those around him were at ease. Allowing relaxation was what got people killed. I need you to do something for me, before I leave."

" First of all, I will be taking you and Sergeant Herdez with me. The last time I took a vacation...it did not end well." Jase held back the urge to look towards the deactivated hologram of Erics, he would not show weakness to his men. " As you know, Naboo is an Imperial planet. This requires a certain amount of....finesse, to visit it. I will need you to acquire a light, recreational vessel, if I did it myself, I would set off red flags the second we entered Imperial space."

Sliding a datapad across the table, Jase gestured to Tam to take it. " That holds five hundred thousand credits, that should cover the cost of a vehicle and slight modifications should the need to defend ourselves arrive, understood?"

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Joshua Tam
Private

Post Posted: Wed, September 05th 2007 08:19pm    Post subject:

"Understood," said Tam as he stuffed the datapad into one of the pockets on his fatigues. He knew a few people, and could get a transport easily enough without anyone finding out the person who actually purchased it.

Standing up, Joshua started to salute, but stopped himself halfway through. Somewhat embarrassed by the action, he asked "Is that all, sir?"
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, September 05th 2007 08:47pm    Post subject:

Jase lifted the Corellian ale, narrowing his eyes at Tam as he took a sip. " I expect you to be ready at this time in two days. That will be all, Tam." After the Lance Corporal left the office, Jase set down his ale and stood. With a push of a button, the hologram of Erics sprang back to life. Jase looked sadly at the smiling, blond haired youth. " Why did you run?", he asked quietly, knowing he would get an answer. " Why did you run...." Sighing heavily, Jase turned off the hologram again and took a seat on the ground again.

Nothing would ever change what happened, he knew that. Yet, he would always blame himself. He could have forcefully restrained the boy. Could have reached out with the Force, pulled the child back to him. Why had he even gone to Corellia in the first place? He needed to see Fett. The Mandalorian understood him, he had been there. The loss of Erics had been hard on him, as well. At least Fett had escaped Alliance captivity. If only he could contact the man again...

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Jase Denora's Office ( Classified )
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: