}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Internal Security Bureau Building
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Internal Security Bureau Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elena Shelvay

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 07:49pm    Post subject: Internal Security Bureau Building

Shelvay walked through the massive complex of the ISB building, recollecting her encounter with Solo. She was almost 50 and just a Special Agent, and she knew that upstart Supreme Moff Jendob would likely give her hell for what she did, but she couldn't care less. She had served under some of Intelligence's most gifted personnel, including Tremayne, before his death at the hands of the aforementioned Moff.

No matter, though, she mused, bootheels clickling across the white marble floor, and glancing up at the Imperial banners hung from the walls. Reminders of the old times, the good times, when the Empire was young, and there were Jedi to be hunted. Her own brother was one of the hated creatures, and she truly hoped he met his end at muzzle of a stormtrooper's blaster or Vader's saber. And yet, now the Jedi seemed to be surging again. What a shame.

Shelvay sidled into her office, and sat behind the massive black desk, its smoothness and polished luster making it gleam in the overhead lighting, and began to write her report to Shadowstalker.
Mystique
Private

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 07:59pm    Post subject:

The Imperial speeder pulled into the Internal Security Bureau's hangar, the man hadn't said a word since Raven had proved her cold shoulder. The pair of stormtroopers, one sitting on her left, the other on her right, kept looking around, being the mindless idiots they were.

After almost twenty years of being around a stormtrooper, they were growing immensely annoying. It was possible a non-human was under their armor! The stormtroopers opened their doors, Raven taking the one closest to the Bureau's door, but before she allowed them to shut it she thanked the officer. "You have my gratitude, petty officer." He nodded, his face showing as if he was just kicked in the groin area. She slammed the door and walked up the steps. Before entering the building she was verified for her identity and various other security measures. Ones that, she herself, had put in place several years ago.

As Raven Istella entered the building, a gasp of surprise came from the secretary at hand. The secretary shoved the food into her desk drawer and Raven smirked, "Stuffing our faces at such a late hour?" The secretary flashed a toothy grin, with particles still in her mouth.

Some Imperials needed to be shot on the spot, and this was one of them. Raven gave a disgusted look while thinking, "Mise well be a native of Pzob"

Raven had some files to collect when she noticed special agent Shelvay. Wondering if the older woman would stop and create a conversation, Raven pressed forward as if she hadn't noticed the woman.
 Back to top »
Mystique
Private

Post Posted: Thu, June 22nd 2006 11:41pm    Post subject:

Elena Shelvay passed Raven and the two didn't exchange any words. Raven's lips moved in a hidden expert smirk. She was the most elite of her kind and the older woman Elena had nothing on her. As Raven entered the classified level, she searched for any odd agents out of place. After all, she was counterintelligence.

She had spoken to the Dark Lord who happened to be the reigning Emperor, may the gods smile upon him, and he had no duties for her as of yet. She patrolled the cooridor until she found a random panel and began to access the latest updates from Counterintelligence.

Interesting... she thought, scrolling over Han Solo's data report. So the Empire finally bagged the Commander in Chief, huh? Her eyes scanned over a naval test run on Corulag, it seemed everyone was preparing for war....

She sighed, nothing interesting was happening in the Galactic Empire...nothing yet. She cleared her tracks, ensuring no one would detect her presence or would be able to access the information she had then proceeded to her next stop.
 Back to top »
Mystique
Private

Post Posted: Fri, June 23rd 2006 07:03pm    Post subject:

Raven Istella collected the various ISB materials that she would need in her next transmission. She sighed, the pain of attemting to be loyal when such inferior beings were running around constantly unchecked. Her eyes obliterated the nonhuman in front of her, walking past him completely and into her Imperial shuttle that she had arrange. Another stop, another transmission...then she could rest in her quarters for the day.

As she entered she ordered the pilot to locate Ravik and hopefully arrange a dinner to which they could discuss a few items of business. He had yet to check in to the office and that worried and excited her at the same time.
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, June 24th 2006 12:09am    Post subject:

Wow. That was more painful then I had expected. The Moff is a talker...

Ravik made his way for the Internal Security complex quickening his pace every second. He had just gotten out of a meeting with Supreme Moff Ams Jendob, and it ran far longer than he had intended. He realized he had not checked in, in fact he hadn't intended for anyone to know where he was that morning. However, he wanted to make it to the office immeadietly incase anything urgent had come up.

He entered his office within the Security complex and checked his datapad. He started it up and began reading messages he had recieved for the day. He had just finished reading an interesting article about Han Solo when there was a rap on his door. Typical....

"Yes, come in" Ravik spoke at the door.

A pilot walked in and quickly saluted him. Ravik stood up and respectfully returned it.

"Ah, sir, you're here! Agent Istella wished for me to contact you and meet with you," the pilot announced.

"Understood, tell her to meet me here in fifteen minutes. Carry on," Ravik replied.

He returned to his chair and continued reading his other messages.

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"

Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.
 Back to top »
Mystique
Private

Post Posted: Sat, June 24th 2006 01:41am    Post subject:

Raven had received Ravik's message and instantly ordered the shuttle to turn around. She made the transmission, dishing out orders, turning over intelligence to the proper and secure channels and examined her uniform. She didn't want to look a mess in front of her superior. As the Imperial shuttle landed, she stopped in front of the door waiting for the ramp to drop and touch the ground. Her eyes scanned the perimeter, nothing inhuman was in her path...She strolled through the doors, walking straight for Ravik's office. He had finally made time for her.

He had finished going through his messages, when Raven was given the clearance to enter his office. He was a handsome fellow, with a strong face and muscular body. Caught of guard by his attractiveness, she neatly smiled. She composed her mind then continued, "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, sir. I was actually hoping to discuss an open executive position, at your side. I'd be working directly below you, in efforts to make your job a bit easier."
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, June 24th 2006 11:15pm    Post subject:

" I am afraid I am going to have to decline your request, Istella. However, if you are up to it I do have an assignment for you."

Ravik sat back in his chair, shifting to get into a more comfortable position.

" It may be a challenge, but you may be experienced enough, however I am concerned about the restraint you might have in your assignment. I do not want this target dead, I want information, but I want it by any means necessary. Do you understand what I am asking of you?"

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"

Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.
 Back to top »
Mystique
Private

Post Posted: Sat, June 24th 2006 11:27pm    Post subject:

Ravik Shadowstalker stared into her eyes as she carefully evaluated him. A momentarily holo-net blurb had her paranoid, she walked over to his desk and calmly looked into his eyes. "For you, Shadowstalker, I'd do anything." She eyed him carefully and slowly and almost sexually said, "Is this a private mission? I'm willing to go deep."
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, June 24th 2006 11:36pm    Post subject:

Ravik paused at the woman's obvious flirtatious behavior. He shook his head and said, " I want you to locate and interrogate one Colin Brokna. I want to know where he's been and what he's been doing. We have had an information leak quite recently, and I want him investigated immeadietly. Dismissed"

Fixed

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

Last edited by Ravik Shadowstalker on Sat, June 24th 2006 11:42pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Mystique
Private

Post Posted: Sat, June 24th 2006 11:47pm    Post subject:

Raven smirked, he wasn't exactly the easiest person to lure and she was beginning to lose interest. If he had no desire, she wouldn't waste her time. She scanned her memory, Brokna was in the Lusankya. She nodded, "I understand, sir." She turned and left without giving him a second glance.
 Back to top »
Mystique
Private

Post Posted: Mon, June 26th 2006 11:43am    Post subject:

Raven Istella arrived at the ISB building almost two hours later. She had very little information, seeing as anything else he would have provided was useless. She entered Ravik's office, attempting to know what the hell was the point of that investigation.

"Ravik," she was in no mood for formalities, "What was the point of me interviewing that prisoner?"
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, June 26th 2006 01:12pm    Post subject:

Ravik was sitting in his chair, focused completely on his datapad. He was reviewing reports from agents in his branch. And then he came across a very interesting report. "Shelvay... what the-" he spoke aloud.

His door flew open and Agent Istella was glaring at him. "Ravik, what was the point of me interviewing that prisoner?"

He started to become frustrated. "Agent Istella. You will notify me of when you wish to consult me. And you will not ever call one of your superior officers by their first name in uniform." Ravik said coldly.

"It is a pity that you decided to be bashful like this, I was just about to commend you for maintaining your composure with a rebel prisoner. One of my agent's earlier atttempts did not bode so well. However, there were two reasons I sent you to him."

"First of all, I wanted to know any information, I don't care how old, but it is intel none the less, he has gathered. Guards do let slip a tidbit here and there. I do trust you were able to gather any of that from him, correct?"

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

Last edited by Ravik Shadowstalker on Mon, June 26th 2006 01:39pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Mystique
Private

Post Posted: Mon, June 26th 2006 04:34pm    Post subject:

"Actually, I was not, sir." her voice was clearly annoyed, "It may be intelligence, but codes and procedures that are no longer effective. I did, however, retrieve information of his possible escape. And I believe he still has some attachments towards me." She wouldn't go into detail, but the kiss proved he had some attraction towards her still and if the need be, she could use that in the Empire's favor.

"I'd like another assignment, something that doesn't involve seeking year old intelligence. I believe our job is counter-intelligence, Shadowstalker." her cruel tone matched the tone he had responded in. She had only three hours of sleep and these assignments were a mockey to her skills and techniques.
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, June 26th 2006 04:46pm    Post subject:

"Agent, I would highly advise you to not take a hostile tone with not only someone so many ranks higher than you, but controls your entire department. I wouldn't talk like that to the emperor, would you?"

Ravik sat for a moment and let the question sink in. "However..." He walked towards the door, and made sure it was sealed, so no one could enter or listen.

"Yes our job is counter-intelligence, I grant you that. I do not know if it is apparent to you, but there has been a recent leak of information to the Rebellion. I have reason to suspect Special Agent Shelvay. I want you to track any messages she may be sending out, any people she meets, hell I want to know what she has for breakfast tommorow. And you are not to be seen. If people within my own department fear they are being watched, I shall be most...displeased. Do you understand agent?"

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

Back to top »
Mystique
Private

Post Posted: Mon, June 26th 2006 05:42pm    Post subject:

The thought of Ravik Shadowstalker displeased with someone older than himself was almost humorous. She would have the last laugh, that's for sure. She nodded to his final tad of information. "I will handle this with ease, sir." Her tone was more peaceful. Finally an assignment worth her skills. She took a moment to think of her objective and how she would accomplish such a task.

"Is that all, sir?" her voice was impatient to say the least.
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, June 26th 2006 06:09pm    Post subject:

"Istella, if you wish to get anywhere in this Empire, you must learn your chain of command. Discipline is one of the qualities that I value highly, along with respect. Despite me being young, I still deserve your recognition. So if that is too much for you, I'll be happy to inform High Council of your resignation. Dismissed Agent."

Ravik sat and waited for her to leave his room. Once she had he pulled out his com.

"Special Agent Shelvay. I want you in my office five minutes ago."

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, June 26th 2006 08:08pm    Post subject:

Ravik sat in his chair facing opposite the door. He rolled his foot around in boredom, awaiting the arrival of his special agent.

This is getting far too complicated. He switched to tapping his foot. Of course, leave it to rebels who don't even know what their cause is. The fools, haven't they noticed no one shares their ideals? And now I have to flush one of them out. He noticed the instant his door began opening, and listened.

"You called for me, Commandant, sir?" the voice of his special agent said from his back. He turned around in his chair to find exactly who he was looking for. "Ah, yes, Agent Shelvay. Please take a seat." he said, motioning to the stationary chair in front of his desk.

She quickly took the seat and said, "Thank you sir."

Ravik sat back in his chair for a minute, taking a deep breath. "Agent," he began, "you understand that I always try my best, along with expecting my suboordinates, to maintain composure and that I do not tolerate myself or anyone else losing it, correct?" Shelvay quickly nodded and said, "Yes, sir."

Ravik said somewhat forcefully, "Then might you explain to me just what took you over during your investigation of Han Solo?" Shelvay looked unsurprised to the topic, and said, "Standard interrogation techniques, sir." She paused, "Well, atleast until Moff Jendob changed them..."

"Yes, agent, but I had ordered you to only interrogate verbally, with minimal contact. And practically trying to kill someone is not standard interrogation procedure." He paused, " Threatening a person with their life can be considered that yes, but not actually trying to. And in that situation, especially with that prisoner, I would have done the interrogation personally." He thought for a moment, and then added, "Solo is far to valuable an asset to kill...for now."

Shelvay said in her defense, "With all due respect sir, the Moff has already adressed me on these matters. I also disagree with his methods." Ravik shook his head, "Agent, you do have the right to disagree with the Moff on this issue. However, you must keep in mine they they are your orders!" Ravik added, "And like it or not, you will follow them, so long as you have taken an oath to this Empire. You may question the Moff himself, but you cannot disobey his orders."

"I assume you have heard the old quote, 'It is not mine to question why, it is but to do or die?'" Shelvay nodded, "Yes sir, I have."

Ravik replied quickly and fiercly, "Then you will act like it!" He sighed and looked around the room for a moment. "However, since you say the Moff has consulted you on this matter already, I shall not waste any more time on it. I will dispense to the more important topic at hand."

He took a breath and got his thoughts together, composing himself. "Even though I am displeased with your representation of my department," he took a moment to glare at her, " I do trust you. More than most in ISB."

"Agent, how long have you been part of the glorious Empire?" he asked her. She took a minute to count up, but then replied, "Nearly thirty years, sir."

Longer than I've been alive!

"And it is safe to assume that with thirty years of service, you are most loyal to the Empire?" Ravik presumed.

Shelvay quickly reacted, stiffening in her chair. The way she moved and held her face showed Ravik that he beyond offended her. "I am sir, I've been here since it's very formation!"

"And that is why I trust you agent. You've been a part of the Empire longer than I have been alive." He mused at the thought of it, then added, "Of course, I don't mean any offence." He rubbed his chin and then said, "However, what I called you here for...There is a certain agent's affiliation I am uncertain of."

Shelvay quickly narrowed her eyes and said angrily, "Who? I'll kill them myself!"

Ravik quickly said, "No. That is not the reason for it. I must be able to trust you enough that you will restrain yourself from that. I am sure they will be executed, should we have sufficient evidence, but I must be absolutely certain of their disloyalty. I do not wish to kill an innocent Imperial soldier for the blood of a traitor. We are counter-intel, not thugs or executioners."

Shelvay looked extremely disappointed, and sighed, then slowly said, "Understood, sir."

Ravik nodded and continued, "Agent Raven Istella. I want to know who she meets with, or what messages she's sending out. Place a tracking beacon on her ship if you must, and if she does attempt to leave the planet, notify me immedietly." He looked thoughtful for a minute, and continued, "Also send me any information on someone who might enter her residence. She should be easy to find, I ordered her to track you."

Shelvay quickly nodded, "As you command, sir." Ravik smiled slightly, "Agent, your loyalty will be rewarded, spy or not. You are permitted to speak freely."

Shelvay said, thirstily, "One thing- I want to be the one who ends the life of the spy in our orginization." She closed her fists so tight her knuckles were white. "COMPNOR filters out all traitors. Whoever they are, transferred in from another department."

Ravik said cautiosly, as to not disappoint Shelvay, "I wish I could promise that, but there will be countless others that want the traitors blood. Including me. But informally, your request is granted."

Shelvay rose, and Ravik followed her example. She inquired, "Is that all, sir?" Ravik nodded, now missing the comfort of his chair, "Yes, agent, unless there is something you would like to add."

She responded with a simple, "No, sir!" while clicking her heels. Ravik returned the salute, and said, "Very well then. You may carry on."

As Shelvay walked out of the office, Ravik sat back down in his chair, and started letting his mind wander.

A soldier only dies once. A traitor will die many times....

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

Back to top »
Neo Sarkkas
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, December 23rd 2006 12:19am    Post subject:

Colonel Neo Sarkkas brushed an imaginary speck of dust off of his uniform, then strode into the building. He nodded to the woman at the front desk and continued to the turbolift. Punching the code for Director Shadowstalker's floor, he waited patiently, savoring the fact that he had just been promoted. Oh, how he had hated that dreary post on Kuat. Sure, it had been bustling, but he hadn't been able to do anything except for hours and hours of paperwork. Request for transfer here, request for more supplies there...It was a wonder that he had survived with his sanity intact.

Ah, well, best not to dwell in the past. He was here now, and that's what mattered. The lift car stopped as it reached the Director's floor, and Neo stepped through before the doors had finished opening. Smiling at the secretary sitting at the desk next to the door to Director Shadowstalker's office, he asked, "Can you let the Director know that I have arrived?"

146,900 Credits

Sith Officer: Yeah, be prepared! We'll be prepared. Uh, for what?
Malak: For the death of Revan!
Sith Officer: Why, is he sick?
Malak: *force grip* No, fool. We're going to kill him. And Bastila too.
Karath: Great idea! Who needs a Sith Lord?
Two Officers: *prance around Karath* No Lord, no Lord,lalalalalala!
Malak: IDIOTS! *blasts the two prancers with lightning* There will be a Sith Lord!
 Back to top »
Jacen Tranada
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, December 25th 2006 01:43am    Post subject:

I entered the rec-room on the first floor to get little pick-me-up before I started work. It was deserted at this hour of the morning, with everyone else either already working or not here yet. I poured a steaming cup of 100% processed caf from the jug provided and sat at the table, sipping it and reading the news. It tasted like absolute crap but was just what the doctor ordered at this hour of the morning. I finished quickly and left the room, ditching the cup into the bin by the door as I walked out.

I walked to the stairwell next to the lift and ran up the stairs, getting my second dose of adrenaline for the morning. It was still very early, but I knew my secretary would be waiting at her desk right outside my door. She was a hard worker and the only attractive woman that I had ever met who I had no interest in sleeping with. She also happened to be the only woman in my life that I respected.

"Morning, General," she said, all business as usual.
"Morning Jessica," I replied. A trainee who had washed out during training, Jessica had been thrown a lifeline by the ISB, who had been looking for people with security clearance to perform secretarial duties around the Bureau. She had ended up as my secretary after I was promoted to General. I never found out what happened at training and she hadn't been inclined to mention it so I let it go.

I entered my office and walked over to a numeric keypad on the wall. I keyed in my authorisation code and put my finger on the scanner. The unit beeped and a panel slid out of the wall, revealing my own personal arsenal, courtesy of some friends in Intelligence. I had tried to get authorisation for an in-desk, multi-screen computer system that would pop out of the top of the desk as soon as I input the code, but Director Shadowstalker had denied my application. Probably figured it was a waste of ISB funds. He was absolutely right, of course but it would still have been cool. I selected a DL-22 blaster pistol and slid it into my shoulder holster before closing the panel and sitting down at my desk in front of my boring, standard issue computer.

I hit a button, bringing the computer out of 'sleep' mode and showing a login screen. Catch was that there was no place to key in my password and no enter button. The screen was actually a duplicate of the standard login screen that I had written myself and altered slightly so as to keep my slicing skills honed. It took less than a minute to crack the program's code and get to the proper login screen where I typed in my actual authorisation to get into the system itself. My little piece of fun over with, I started clearing the backlog of paperwork that had built up since yesterday, when I left early for my 'ritual'.

Back to top »
Jacen Tranada
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, December 26th 2006 05:32am    Post subject:

A chime sounded from the clock on the wall, informing me that it was time to leave for the day. I closed the folder, deciding to leave the work for next week as it was really only an en of day time filler anyway. I crossed the room to the security keypad and entered my authorisation before slipping the DL-22 and the holster back into their respective positions and shutting the door. Now that I was unarmed and almost a civilian again, I proceeded out of the office. Jessica was still sitting at her desk but was preparing to leave.

"Drinks at the 9SC tonight. Are you coming?" I said, not really caring what her answer was but just asking for the sake of it.
"No thanks," she said, still keeping everything professional.
"I will see you next week then."
"You will."

I walked away towards the lift, deciding not to take the stairs. It was faster and I really didn't feel like walking any more than I had to this late in the day. The lift beeped and opened, revealing two other agents who I had little to do with. All that I knew about them was that they were subordinate and I only knew this because they greeted me as sir as soon as I entered the lift. I nodded my acknowledgement but didn't say anything further. The last thing I needed was a couple of talkative agents making me late.

I exited the building and walked down the street towards the hoverbus station. I had to run the last twenty metres or so to avoid missing the bus, an easy feat but one that I did not want to have to undertake after a day at work. The bus lurched off in the direction of Sector Nine.

Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sun, January 14th 2007 09:12pm    Post subject:

"Not more paperwork..." Ravik said to himself as he looked at his fresh inbox. As always, people wanted security clearances. As always, they couldn't just have a normal history, it had to be surrounded by mysterious stories that could potentially keep them from getting approved. Isn't anyone on this planet normal?

Ravik had recently taken leave, and now remembered exactly why he didn't ever want vacation- It meant more work. He looked over one of the papers he had to aprove. He wanted a pass in to Lusakanya, for a reason not described clearly. As Ravik looked his record over, he found the man was a career criminal and had only recently been released from jail.

Talking to himself again, Ravik said, "What?! Is this guy crazy? The hell makes him think he's going to get a clearance? The only way he's going to get in Lusakanya is by being sent there. What a waste of twenty minutes"

Fortunately, the usual monotony of the day was broken up by an interruption from his secretary.

"Director? A Colonel Sarkkas is here to see you."

Ravik replied "Ah, yes, send him in," and then jokingly added, "and tell him he wants to do some paperwork"

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

Back to top »
Neo Sarkkas
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, January 14th 2007 09:18pm    Post subject:

Neo smiled as the secretary relayed the Director's joke to him. Walking into the office, he saluted and replied. "With all due respect sir, I saw enough paperwork on Kuat to keep Coruscant's molten core hot for the next century or two."

146,900 Credits

Malak: IDIOTS! *blasts the two prancers with lightning* There will be a Sith Lord!
 Back to top »
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sun, January 14th 2007 09:24pm    Post subject:

Ravik stood to return the salute, and said "I know exactly what you mean, colonel," he gestured at his inbox, and added, "take a seat."

Ravik sat down, cleared his throat, and asked, "Now, I'm sure you would like to discuss your reassignment?"

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

Last edited by Ravik Shadowstalker on Sun, January 14th 2007 09:25pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jacen Tranada
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, January 14th 2007 09:54pm    Post subject:

I stood beside Jess at the range beneath the ISB headquarters. After the recent op went south, she came to me and asked me to teach her how to shoot properly, an interesting request considering that this was one of the things that new recruits were taught first. Given that I surmised that something had gone wrong and she either had to shoot someone or she wasn't able to. Either way it would be a perfect reason for her to get kicked out of the academy and be given a desk job afterwards.

As I watched, I noticed that she wasn't timing her shots to coincide with her breathing and so several went completely wide of the target.

"Stop," I said quietly, but loud enough for her to hear and take notice, "your technique definitely needs improving. With every shot you fire, your breath should be paused or you should fire during the nanosecond of time between inhaling and exhaling. It will help improve your accuracy. Now try again."

She understood and her accuracy improved somewhat, but every minute or so there would be a ridiculously wide shot as she was unable to hold her breath any longer. I resisted the urge to smile and instead instructed her to stop again.

"Come back to my office," I said, "I will get some breathing exercises for you. Did nobody at the Academy ever teach you to shoot properly."
"I could shoot properly at the academy," she replied, "but ... something changed."
"Right," I said, "no problem, I'll teach you this time so nothing changes ever again."
"Thank you," she said. I didn't reply, knowing what she was actually thanking me for. The rest of the walk to my office was done in silence. I was actually grateful, for it gave me time to consider the information she had just provided me with. Once we got to my office, I sat her down and 'logged in' to my computer terminal. I brought up a copy of the breathing exercises given to academy student having trouble with their marksmanship and printed out a copy.

"You can practise any time, just as long as you don't mind strange looks from people who don't understand what you are doing."
"Thank you, General," she said, turning to leave. I let her go this time, prompting a question from the part of my psyche that wanted to say something to annoy her. I ignored it and settled back into my paperwork. The problem with blowing up an entire warehouse, even in the lower levels was that people always wanted a ridiculously long explanation involving how, when, why and the most important question of 'Could you have avoided this situation'. This was a question that got me into trouble more often than not since my actions were usually large scale are rarely necessary. Nevertheless this time I could argue that I got the job done and halted the terrorist activity. I didn't expect to get any heat from higher up at least, which was definitely a good thing albeit rare.

Back to top »
Neo Sarkkas
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, January 14th 2007 11:24pm    Post subject:

Ravik sat down, cleared his throat, and asked, "Now, I'm sure you would like to discuss your reassignment?"

Neo sat down in front of Ravik's desk and folded his hands over his lap. He replied, "Well, sir, the circumstances of my promotion are all in my file. I was working a desk job on Kuat and made a request to be transferred to the field where my training would serve the Empire best. And here I am."

"All I want to know is, do you have an assignment for me?"

146,900 Credits

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Internal Security Bureau Building
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: