}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Acclamator-Class Lander "Mjolnir"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » In-Game Archive » Acclamator-Class Lander "Mjolnir"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 01:23pm    Post subject: Acclamator-Class Lander "Mjolnir"

The swirling blue vortex of hyperspace blurred into starlines and back to realspace as Scyntor stood on the bridge, his eyes taking in the planet of Carida. He smiled to himself as he turned to the communications console, already transmitting the codes for disabling the surface and orbital defenses. A voice crackled over the intercom, voice only.

"Colonel-General Scyntor, welcome back to Carida. Landing pad AA-48 is ready for your arrival - I will assume you want status reports. A parade-ground demonstration has been scheduled for 1600." Scyntor smiled to himself as he nodded to the helm, his voice speaking up to the manager of the facility.

"Thank you - I will appreciate the demonstration. Prepare to take on the men currently aboard my ship - they need some shore leave and have expressed a desire to help the newest recruits. Specifications have been transmitted, please have them selected and ready for review at 1900. Scyntor out."

The ship rumbled through the atmosphere before settling on the landing pad, rocking slightly as the landing gear stabilized. The hatches opened and the troops filed out in perfect unison, never breaking formation until the order was given by the Master Sergeant. Scyntor himself waited a while, then exited through a side ramp alone and towards the administration offices.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, July 14th 2006 02:21pm    Post subject:

Thanates overlooked the legion of Magma Troopers filing into the Mjolnir. The Supreme Moff's orders were a bit strange, but they appeared feasable. He watched the ranks file in, then turned and looked to the helm command.

"Helm, set course for Corulag. Tactical, we need full ventral shielding for our destination, I want it operational an hour before we get there." He folded his arms behind his back as the low hum of the loading ramps closing vibrated through the deckplates. He smiled tightly to himself - Cartos might get a surprise, but they ultimately had the same desination, and it was going to be worthwhile to make the jump together.

"As soon as those doors are closed, lift off and set course for Corulag, best speed."

Mjolnir is enroute to Corulag.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, July 14th 2006 11:25pm    Post subject:

As the Mjolnir exited hyperspace the first thing he saw was the sleek shape of Admiral Cartos's flagship, the Potestatem. He had never had dealings with the man personally, but his reputation for using unconventional tactics seemed to rival even that of the Warlord, Grand Admiral Thrawn. His comm panel flashed with an incoming transmission, and the Colonel-General flicked his switch to send the message to his command chair.

"Good day, Colonel-General. I assume we have received the same orders from the Supreme Moff so I won't keep you, but I will have transmisison sent to your helm concerning hyperjump back to Coruscant. I am due for a refitting, and I am going to guess that without your standard compliment of troopers you will need to get re-stocked."

The man certainly had a way about him, able to pinpoint weaknesses almost before they were considered by the opponent. Perhaps some time spent together would be most interesting. In the meantime, however, there was work to be done. He turned to his landing team and spoke softly, but commandingly. "Deploy landing gear, ead for the coordinates the Fifteenth Fleet sent us. I want all of the troopers off here as quick as possible, then we are headed back to Coruscant to pick up a passenger."

The officers saluted before turning to their respective tasks, and he flicked the communications channel to the General-Admiral. Even though he had a higher rank, their differences in branch made them able to speak almost as friends. "Confirmed, Admiral - we're due for a refit and need to pick up some passengers before heading off to our next assignment. If you don't mind I'd like to arrange a little conference with you and General Dario - some new changes recently implimented I'd like to catch you up to speed on."

He sat back and folded his arms easily, his presence imposing even in the scanned blue-line of the holofeed. The ship rumbled slightly with tmospheric turbulence, and yellow lights began flashing as landing procedures were cycled through. He dimly noted the presence of two TIE Defender squadrons cycling around them as he relaxed a little bit, eyes locked on the holoscan.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, July 14th 2006 11:40pm    Post subject:

"Acknowledged, Colonel-General. A shuttle will be waiting in low orbit above your current position to dock with you, and transport you to the Potestatem. I look forward to our meeting - Cartos out"

Scyntor smiled to himself, then rolled his shoulders back as the ship landed. The landing ramps whirred into life, and he could visualize the march of the magma troopers, along with their support equipment. He closed his eye sand hummed to himself as within 10 minutes, 16,000 magma troopers disembarked from the Mjolnir.

He was almost dozing when the ship lifted off again, the crew haing followed the communications and already responding to anticipated orders. He had worked with this group of men and women over the past year, so much they seemed to know his thoughts. Very handy to have, especially during combat situations.

The ship re-entered space and Scyntor walked towards the hangar bay aiming for the shuttle. He wanted to get this done as quickly as possible, while the fleet was still in hyperspace so their time wasn't taken at either end.

Colonel-General Scyntor is aboard the Potestatem.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, July 15th 2006 10:52pm    Post subject:

Thanates returned to his ship after briefing Cartos. As predicted, the man was certainly a formitable adversary but he too had his weaknesses. Though, it had been more than a little unnerving the wya he had been able to pick apart the Colonel-General almost immediately. He surmised to himself, as his ship docke din the hangar bay, that if he was unnerved the enemy would be scared shitless by the time he was finished with them.

He disembarked from the shuttle and immediately activated his commlink. "Scyntor to communications. Transmit the following message as one-way to Vice Admiral Kalydon Skirata. 'The end is near. Get moving." Scyntor out." He continued walking through the corridors, his stride intentful. He walked onto the bridge and turned to the helm, his expression grave.

"As soon as the Vice Admiral is aboard, I want you to set course for Yinchorr. Make best possible speed - time is of the essence."

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, July 16th 2006 09:34am    Post subject:

The ship arrived at Yinchorr, and already the systems were disengaged on their approach vector. Now that the project was completed things were moving at a breakneck pace, and apparently Jax had already known of the Colonel-General's coming. Even before he could signal the comm to begin transmission; indeed, before the comm would have been able to, the Grand Marshal's voice spoke calmly to the bridge. "Landing pad Alpha-04. Your troops are waiting."

Scyntor sat carefully in the secondary command chair as the Acclamator began its decent into the Yinchorri training complex. His face was stone, but his hands were trembling as they ran over the diagnostic controls. This was it... the final steps of his magnum opus were coming to completion. The suspense was almost unbearable, and although the officers on his bride continued their tasks with detatched efficiency, the sense of looming greatness was a thick and palpable sensation.

The ship landed and the loading ramps opened. Scyntor rose and nearly ran to the forward viewports, getting there even before the support struts had settled. What he saw nearly took his breath away. His hands folded tightly behind his back, he stood straighter, and his knuckled became almost white with his rip as he looked over to the edge of the hangar bay.

His troops, his Stormtroopers, were THE best shock troops and infantry in the galaxy. He meticulously oversaw virtually every aspect of the training regimens that each recruit underwent, often dispensing punishment himself to the trainers that failed to meet his criteria. As a result, the men and women in the white armor, moving with cold precision throughout their excercises and training simulations were unparalleled anywhere in the galaxy.

Except here.

Scyntors eyes took in the awesome sight of sixteen thousand red-armored troops. Heavy blasters stood at their hips, and the glint of the hilts of force-pikes flashed in the setting sunlight at the backs of their belts. They did not move, even with the hissing of the pneumatic actuators that drove the landing ramps or the fact that the pilot had taken the ship down within 15 meters of the closest rank... almost like statues.

"Legion, about FACE!"

And with those three words the statues rose to life. With precision that impressed even Scyntor, all 16,000 troopers below him turned around, and with the clank of armor settled into perfect ranks facing the ship. The Colonel-General closed his eyes and, as the bridge crew began to gather at the forward viewports, whispered, "The future is here, ladies and gentlemen. There is no going back."

"Legion, forward MARCH!"

At the end of the stormtrooper training programs there was always a test, a test that ascertained a troopers level of skill, placement in rank, and whether or not they required further resources to become the best they could. The ones that performed the most admirably, in the top 97% of the graduating class, did indeed receive further training... though not by Scyntor. They were sent here, to Yinchorr, to become Crimson Guard. To receive training in the deadly close-quarters combat art ot Echani, to hone their blaster skills even further, and to earn the right to wear the blood-red robes of the Empire's first line of protectors.

The thud of tirty-two thousand boots caused the dust on the ground to lift as they began filing onto the loading ramps.

But there was not always much to protect, and so rather keep that number of personel out on the job, most requested to be placed back on the front lines. There was no reason not to - the advanced training they received made them most deadly indeed. More deadly than anything else Scyntor had ever seen. They could not be placed with regular stormtrooper ranks, however, the mismatch of their skills would have been devastating to their group. So, rather than do that, the Colonel-General had always kept them in their own seperate groups.

The Crimson Stormtroopers.

The ramps closed, and Scyntor shook himself out of his reverie only to find the slack-jawed faces of many of his bridge cew still staring out at the complex. He smiled to himself and clapped his hands twice. "Gentlemen, our duty here is finished. Helm, get us off this dustball and make way for Kuat."

Mjolnir is enroute to Kuat

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, July 16th 2006 10:29am    Post subject:

As the Mjolnir dropped out of hyperspace, the first shape Scyntor's eyes took in was the Black Star. Vice Admiral Skirata had clearly gotten the point behind his message, and had been able to deduce the final meeting point. He smiled tightly as he began to turn from the bridge, then paused and looked back at his crew.

"From this moment on, ladies and gentlemen, we are no longer our own entity but a part of a larger whole. Today marks the first day of the New Code - a code that does not have us standing by and waiting until needed, but being able to strike out where the Empire needs us. To act as a force in our own right and not under the constraints of the Navy. While I will not be on this ship as much, know that I will always hold you first in my thoughts. You are to be part of Strike Group Alpha, the first line of attack for this New Code. The troops you carry with you are our initial shock troops - THE first blow of Imperial Might our enemies will face... and by the gods the name Mjolnir will be the hammer blow that crushes our foe's spirits! That shatters their resolve, that causes the ruin of every plan!"

A cheer rose from the crew, and immediately transmissions began being sent. As Scyntor looked up, transmissions started coming in, and the looming shapes of other Venators and Acclamators began shifting in response. The shipyard floodlights began flicking on, revealing the true extent of the battlegroup... 25 landing-capable ships all moving into clusters of five. And in the distance, like a behemoth lurking in the depths... was the ship that was going to lead it all... the Genesis.

Scyntor made his way through the corridors back to the hangar bay. This was going to be a day long remembered in the Imperial ranks... and a day long dreaded in the memories of every foe this task force would face.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.

Last edited by Thanates Scyntor on Sun, July 16th 2006 10:30am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » In-Game Archive » Acclamator-Class Lander "Mjolnir"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: