}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Residential Sector 4, Building 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Residential Sector 4, Building 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, December 18th 2006 01:50am    Post subject:

"I had a good time tonight, Ams. Thank you," Shayera smiled as we stood outside our front door.

I grinned. It was her birthday, and I'd taken out to dinner after the twins were tucked in and asleep in their crib. Then, just for fun, we went to see a holomovie at the theater, some kind of spy thriller.

We got quite a laugh from it, really, considering we were both the real thing. It was over the top to say the least. And yet, there were some more seemingly outrageous things that were closer to the truth than not.

But all in all, she enjoyed herself, meaning I was happy as well. And with that in mind, I opened the door, and we rushed inside from the cold.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You

Post Posted: Mon, December 18th 2006 10:57pm    Post subject:

The warmth of the house was very inviting. Coruscant in winter was still fairly chilly, despite the waste heat from power generators, a trillion people, and countless other sources of greenhouse gases and heat.

I quickly took off my shoes. I hated heels. More than I hated dresses, even. Or used to, anyway. They were slowly growing on me, including the one I had on now. But heels... no. Never.

I turned, and saw Ams taking off his coat. He folded it over his arm, then held out his hand for mine.

"Hey, birthday girl or not, let me do something by myself, okay?" I laughed as I took off the winter coat, and hung it up in the closet.

He smiled. "All right, you win."

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'm supposed to. It's my birthday." He laughed, and I continued. "I'm going to go up stairs and take a bath."

"All right."

"Why don't you come up in a little bit?" I asked, then smirked. "I promise I'll behave."

Ams laughed. "Maybe."

That in mind, I made a quick detour in the kitchen, though, and grabbed a small bucket and some ice. I filled the bucket about halfway, then took a bottle of champagne from the fridge and a couple glasses. Not exactly five-star setup, but it worked for me...

After making my way to the master refresher, I turned on the faucet, and let it fill the tub about halfway before I disrobed and slipped into the water. The hot water felt great, almost instantly relaxing me. Just for a little fun, I added some bubbles as the water continued to flow in. Soon, the tub was filled with suds, and their air was filled with the soft crackling noise as hundreds popped and reformed. I slowly slid further into the water, the bubbles just covering my chin now.

Peace and quiet, I thought. Then the door hissed open. I bolted up with a jerk, then stopped. "Hey."

"Hello," Ams chuckled. "Did I scare you?"

"Nah," I answered. He was still wearing his clothes from dinner. "You like your tuxedo too much."

"And you apparently like your necklace."

"Huh?" I asked, then instinctively put my hand to my throat. The diamond necklace Ams had given me for my birthday two years ago was still there. "Oh. I completely forgot I still had it on," I explained.

"Still looks nice," he smirked.

I shook my head, grinning. "Were you this mushy with those other women?"

"No, but then again, I didn't love them like I love you," he noted, still smiling.

"And you got the correct answer. You get your gold star for the week," I teased.

He laughed again, then leaned forward and kissed me lightly on the forehead. "Well, you have fun." He stood up to leave, but I took his hand.

"Don't go. Stay for a while. After all, there's plenty of room in here," I offered.

He looked at me strangely. "Oh, come on. It's not like I haven't seen you without anything on before. And you could use some relaxation," I explained. "Especially if you have to deal with Organa Solo and her idiot husband again."

He still hesitated. "I don't know..."

"So, you're gonna make me take a bath and have some champagne all alone?" I asked sulkily, putting on a pouty expression. It was a joke, since I wasn't really the pouty type.

Ams caught the joke, perhaps too well judging from how hard he laughed at me. "All right, Shy. You win." And within moments, he was sitting next to me.

"This is nice, I guess. Although, the company's the best part," he quipped.

I smiled, and grabbed the little ice bucket, retrieving the glasses. "Wine?" I asked, handing him one. He took it, with a nod, and I picked up the bottle next.

The cork was popped, then it ricocheted off the ceiling and landed in the tub. I snickered, and poured Ams his glass, then filled mine before resting the wine bottle back in the ice.

"To the birthday lady," he smirked, and touched his glass against mine.

"And to her favorite husband," I smiled back.

"...How many more do you have?" he asked laughing.

"I lost count."

He laughed harder now, and I couldn't help but join in. After I could speak again, I kissed him on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too," he answered, and pressed his lips gently against mine. His arms slipped around me as our kiss progressed further, his fingers running through my hair and my wings. I moaned softly with ecstasy, and broke our kiss.

"Give me your glass. I'm not getting champagne all over myself," I told him. Ams surrendered his glass, and I rested both on the floor before turning back to him. "Now... where were we?"

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, December 26th 2006 11:32pm    Post subject:

"Dada."

I glanced up from the datapad I was looking over to see Krischen toddling towards me. Without thinking, I put the pad down, and scooped him up when he got close. "Hello there, little guy," I greeted him as I sat back down.

He laughed giddily, drawing a smile from me. "Horsey! Horsey!" he demanded. I obliged, grinning, and bouncing him up and down on my knee. He chortled like a maniac, his face bright with infant joy.

"Hey... he doesn't ask me to do that," Shayera complained jokingly as she walked up behind me.

I put my hands out to either side of my son, just as he toppled off with a yelp. After catching him, I let him crawl back to Kendra, who sat with her hands on her hips, looking at her brother, a scowl etched into her cherubic features. But once she was reunited with her brother, they began to play and giggle with each other.

"You boys..." Shy smirked as she sat down next to me.

"Please, girls are much worse. Always congregating and talking about us behind our backs," I retorted.

"Pfft," she scoffed. "All you men talk about are sports and how big your--"

"Ahem," I interrupted, nodding my head towards the children.

"...Speeders," she smirked playfully, then rested her head on my shoulder. "Five days off... it feels so good."

I put my around her, and rubbed her shoulder. She was right about how pleasant it was to have five days off. New Year's Fete had come around once again, and like the other holidays and fete weeks, it meant for countless civilians a week off, as well as a week for most government and military officials.

For me, it meant I could finally spend more than a few token minutes with my children. However, aside from Krischen or Kendra toddling or crawling over every now and then, they seemed to enjoy each other's company. And in that case, I was going to enjoy my wife's company as well as my son's and daughter's.

"What are you thinking about?" Shayera asked softly. I looked over to see her emerald-hued irises peering up at me from under her fiery mane, her normally husky voice subdued and saccharine.

"Nothing much. Just enjoying this," I smiled, squeezing her shoulder lightly. "Being with you and the kids, and not trying to fit you into a schedule."

Suddenly, I felt something tug at my pantleg. I looked down, and saw both Kris and Kendra gazing up at us. "Mama! Dada!" they chanted, their arms outstretched as if beseeching us to pick them up, which we did.Shy cradled Kris in her arms while I lifted Kendra.

"Mis niņos," she smiled in that way only a mother can as she looks upon her children. "My little--phew! Someone is getting changed..." She nodded to Kendra. "How's she doing?"

"She seems fine," I answered, not noting any particular odor.

Shayera sighed. "Okay. I'll be back in a minute, then. C'mon, you little stinker," she teased gently as she carried Kris away to change him.

A few minutes later, mother and son returned. "So, who wants to watch Howley the Fuchsia Hound?" Shy asked after putting Kris down and walking to the vidchip cabinet.

Howley the Fuchsia Hound was one of the twins' most beloved holovision characters. It was some person in a giant, purplish dog suit with a bunch of preadolescents at a school talking about things like sharing, sympathy, and accepting different people.

It was enough to drive me and Shy out of our skulls, especially his damnable "I like you" song. But, the twins liked it, and we'd suffer through each agonizing 28-minute episode. Besides, it did actually teach them... we hoped.

The chip was inserted into the reader, and the holoprogram executed as the twins gazed at the image, utterly transfixed.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You

Post Posted: Tue, January 02nd 2007 12:53am    Post subject:

"Mmm... happy new year, Ams," I smiled, drawing back from from our kiss. On the holoscreen, a billion people celebrated the new year as some beleagured woman tried to speak into her mic over the noise.

He grinned back, and put his arm around me. "Happy new year, Shy," he replied happily, but there was something lurking behind the smile.

"What's wrong?"

He sighed. "I have to ship out tomorrow... to Rebel space."

I groaned. "Dammit. Which fleet?"

"None. It's for a treaty," he replied. There was more, and he was holding it back. After searching for clues, I could find none. Only that it was bothering him.

"I guess we'd better get packed then. How long will it take?"

"I don't know, and you're not going."

What the... Not going? Why not? Then I remembered Corellia. Organa Solo's excuse for a male companion apparently couldn't keep his bigotry in check and betrayed his lack of intelligence, as well as any hope that he actually believed the crap his countrymen spewed out on the Holonet at that time. Unfortunately, I didn't acquit myself any better, and Ams ordered me out of the negotiations. But this was different. This was enemy territory. "Look, I know I screwed up on Corellia--"

"This has nothing to do with that," he interrupted.

His tone stung, and my next words showed the edge. "Then what's it all about?"

Ams turned, his green eyes cold... a very rare scene when it was just us. "You're not going because if something goes wrong, I'll be damned if my children become orphans," he hissed, then immediately his expression softened. "I'm sorry, love. You didn't deserve that."

"Ams, it's my job..." I reminded him.

He reached up and lightly touched my cheek. "I know, but not even you can stop a turbolaser bolt," he smirked wryly. "Look, I'll only be a couple of weeks. A quick run to Theta. You won't even have time to miss me."

I couldn't help but smile. "I dunno about that. And you expecting quick negotiations?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Well," I began, running some numbers in my head, and taking a second to remember which Rebel planet was designated as Theta. "I know if you stick to the Perlemian, it's a little over eighteen hours on a Class 2. Assuming you jump off at the Wheel, it's another three days and about an hour and a half. So basically two weeks, round trip."

Ams raised an eyebrow. "You should've enlisted in the Navy," he chuckled.

"So, three weeks?" I asked, sidestepping his comment. He apparently forgot I applied and was rejected on that favorite Imperial catchphrase of "Intergender and interspecies friction."

"Probably. And I'll probably be gone before you get up tomorrow," he frowned slightly. "But I'll contact you once I arrive, all right?"

I nodded, and rested my head on his shoulder again. "All right."

He snuck an arm around me and gently squeezed my shoulder. "It'll be okay, Shy."

I wondered if his words were as much meant for him as they were for me. "I know. Come on, you better get to bed. Early start tomorrow."

"Yes, Mother," he teased as he stood. I started to get up, but he reached down and took my hand, then gently helped me to my feet.

"Oh, uh... thanks," I stammered.

Ams just smiled. "My pleasure."

"Ams, uh... you're not dead. And you won't be, okay?"

He seemed caught off guard. "I know."

"Hey, listen... you don't have to go to any special lengths just because you're shipping out tomorrow. I love you, Ams, and I know you love me. Otherwise, I doubt we'd've been married for three years. Now come on... you need to get some sleep."

He sighed heavily, but smiled. "All right." He picked me up and lightly kissed me on the lips.

"Yeah, uh... I can walk, you know," I chuckled.

"Humor me," Ams smirked.

As we headed upstairs, the hall echoed with us laughing.

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, January 25th 2007 02:57am    Post subject:

Four days, I thought as the speeder pulled up next to the house. Four days since I spoke to my wife, to let her know the war was over and her children were safe from its ravages. We also mentioned how much we missed each other. The channel was open, but I didn't care. No secrets were revealed, and if the Rebels learned that Imperials actually had emotions besides bloodlust and greed, it'd be a valuable education for them.

I exited the Imperial staff speeder that I took from the hospital, and walked up to the front door. I reached into my pocket for the keycard, then decided to have a little fun with Shayera. I tapped on the annuciator instead.

The door flew open, a quizzical look adorning Shy's features. It almost instantly evaporated, though, her pearly teeth gleaming as she broke into an ear-to-ear grin a moment before she put her arms around me. "You're back!"

"Nicest hello I've ever gotten," I laughed, and returned her embrace after we were inside the door. "I missed you, sweetheart."

She looked up, her gorgeous green eyes smiling as much as her mouth. "I missed you too, Ams. And so did Kris and Kendra. They're gonna be thrill--"

"Dada!" a female voice with a Coruscanti accent called. Kendra came toddling forward from the living room, getting about halfway to me before she fell.

Shy rushed over and scooped up our sobbing daughter before I managed to take a step toward her. "Aww, mi hija. Come here, let Mommy look at it.

"Aww, shh shh... it's okay, sweetie," she whispered, gently rocking Kendra, and kissing her little hands and knees lightly. "There, doesn't that feel better?"

"Is she all right?" I asked. The fall didn't look too serious, but...

Fortunately, Shayera nodded affirmatively. "Just a little ouchie, huh sweetie? You'll be fine," she reassured Kendra, gently setting down the little girl. And as if she completely forgot the events of just a few seconds ago, a smile lit up her cherubic face as she chortled and belted out another "Dada!"

This time, she made her journey without falling, racing for my leg. I knelt down and scooped up the little year-and-a-half old bundle of energy, and to her delight, picking her up. She laughed with glee, and soon her brother's laughter filled the air with hers as he bolted towards me, but was intercepted by a now highly-cautious Shayera.

"Daddy missed you both, didn't he?" she smiled as she tickled Kris under his chin.

"He did," I answered, then looked down at my beautiful baby girl. "I missed you both, a lot."

I continued to hold and rock Kendra gently, looking into her curious eyes, but after a little while, Shy reached out for her. I hesitated for a moment, looking up at her as if to say I didn't want to let go yet. And I didn't. I hadn't seen my children in almost two weeks.

But still, they were young and needed to sleep. It was already well past their bedtime, after all. So, I reluctantly let Shy take Kendra from my arms as she carried the twins off to bed. I sat down heavily on the couch, rubbing my eyes. Suddenly, I felt someone sit next to me.

"You all right?" my wife asked softly.

I looked up, and smiled again. "Yeah. It's just been a long day. Kids were up late, too."

Her lips quirked upward slightly. "I figured they probably missed their daddy as much as I missed him, so I let them stay up late to see him."

I put my arm around her and lightly kissed her on the cheek. "I missed them too."

She nodded. "I know. I saw the look on your face when I tried to put Kendra to bed..."

"Well, far be it from me to interfere with a professional mother's advice," I chuckled, then looked at her as she glanced up at me. Our eyes met, and something triggered inside of me.

"I love you."

It took me a moment to realize I wasn't the only one who said it, or that the distance between Shayera and I had decreased considerably. In fact, the latter fact didn't dawn on me until her soft, sweet lips pressed against mine. I placed my hands on the sides of her face, my fingers running through her long red hair. However, the kiss broke as suddenly as it started.

"What's wrong?" I gasped.

Shayera just smiled, though. "Nothing. But there's no need to rush things tonight. We're both going to Kuat tomorrow."

I'd almost forgotten about the christening of that new Destroyer at Kuat. But, that could wait. For two weeks, I hadn't seen my wife. The very least I could do was spend some time with her. "Do you want to go out for a little bit?"

"Sure," she shrugged, then smiled again. "I'll get my coat."

Expand

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, November 11th 2007 04:43pm    Post subject:

Oops. Guess I should've noted this before.

For Sale: 150,000 credits.
4 Bedrooms
2 Full Bath
Extras:
Gym addon

:p

Expand

Back to top »
Jacen Tranada
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, November 27th 2007 02:26am    Post subject:

I'll take it.

PS: When did I get a pay rise?

Last edited by Jacen Tranada on Tue, November 27th 2007 02:38am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Residential Sector 4, Building 11
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: