}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Testimonials for ECP
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Testimonials for ECP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Fri, June 08th 2007 11:12pm    Post subject: Testimonials for ECP

Please read this thread.

Here, you can suggest people who you think are good candidates for the ECP. One suggestion per post, and absolutely NO off-topic. Thanks. :)

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Fri, June 08th 2007 11:13pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, June 08th 2007 11:20pm    Post subject:

I have many opinions on all the players, as each of us can bring a great deal to this committee, however, a player that usually stands out to me would be "Alexus". His judgement has always been fair, creating a faction with reasonable power and even getting some pre-determined battle experience with his side plots in the other systems and the short war with Petyr. He is able to communicate with most players in a comical way, making decisions fun and interesting... plus he has some great ideas all around.

I'd be honored to have him select and create some interesting ideas to the game.
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 12:07am    Post subject:

Since Alex is already assured a seat, I'll give you two people and why in the next two posts (since it is one testimonial per post.

Alexus is a superb choice. He is genuinely "good", and can think small and large scale. He is a fantastic writer whose talent keeps you on the edge of your seat until the bloody (or not so bloody) end. The man is also a living textbook of Star Wars knowledge. In my honest opinion we need three different types of people who can work on this Council - a neutral person (Alex), and a good and evil. This triad balances itself out, and if you have people from all perspectives chipping in, you no doubt have good a storyline which will morally and mentally challenge you while no doubt physically putting you to your writing, and non-godmodding limits. Alexus is the perfect choice for the "good" side of the council.

Current Assets: 76,530,000,000
 Back to top »
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 12:15am    Post subject:

Victor von Doom (Noruas) right now is looking like a greedy, self serving man. But, as I mentioned in the other post we need someone incredibly evil, to get the most out of our tales. I am the most evil person this game has yet to see, I've been told so by at least three members, should my memory serve correctly. There is no moral definition to my characters other than the genuine evil hearted men, and they are semi comparable to Mussolini of Star Wars. I also am more then competant at creative stuff. I'm known at another game as one of the most open minded, creative players. I come up with ideas like the Shield Generator weapon, and other crazy things. I can also do more than competent story lines that are interesting and send you on wild hunts with twists and turns and make you face some classic choices, like the infamous kill one to save a hundred idea, and some unorthodox choices, which I prefer to keep to myself so that my ideas remain unexposed to the public eye and remain away from publicity, so you must follow Noruas' own storyline. I'm also not bad with canon, and think extremely well on the economic and political ideas, even in Star Wars. Space Jawa, I believe, can confirm this for you.

So yes, I'm a bit selfish, but I believ ein the good-evil-neutral group, which is ideally Alexus, Arlyn and myself.

Back to top »
Natalie Pearson
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 12:31am    Post subject:

While I will admit, you are quite evil, VvD you can't hope to compete with the likes of Dj and Rory with their respective punt teh head and Flint execution routines.

That said, I do agree with having a representative from both sides of the scale aside from a neutral party. For that reason I nominate Carnor Jax. He is highly intelligent and is arguably the most evil player on here, not to mention the fact that he is a tactical genius. He would be a valuable asset to the Committee-thing.

Superior Moff Natalie Pearson
PalpySlut Second Class

"... it's "Voila," you inbred piece of --hey look, a butterfly... " - Rory
 Back to top »
Noruas
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 12:35am    Post subject:

I was never given the oppurtunities they were.

On the other hand, I've Base Delta Zeroed three worlds, killed your Vita character by swarming him with bugs, relentlessly killed economies for my own economic gain, and gore does not necessitate evil. Evil necessitates evil. You must enjoy the gore, and the violence, and the darkness of it all. If we actually have to do a scale of evilness, I'm Hitler, and Jax/DJ are the Death Camp Operators. I order killings, but don't actually do them, while Jax and DJ get orders and personally kill.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 12:37am    Post subject:

Now now, please don't get into debates about testimonials offered. Please just offer your own opinion freely and leave it at that.
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 12:39am    Post subject:

My bad, didn't say that in the rules. :P

Back to top »
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 08:13am    Post subject:

Rory because he rocks in every way. Honestly, need I say more?

Back to top »
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 08:37am    Post subject:

Personally, I can't pick between Alexus and Rory, but since he managed to get Cheapy, Lazer, himself, and Tiara (I think that's it) to all join together for one event, it's gotta be Alexus.
Jace911
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 09:47am    Post subject:

Alexus, for the aformentioned reason^.

BTW, Billy was supposed to be in it too but he never showed up. :(

"Screw Lucas." - Moff, avid Star wars fanboy

Attack of the Clones, as summarized by Alexus.

Expand
 Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 12:45pm    Post subject:

Rory would be my first and foremost choice for this position.

2084rpg.net - Business, science, intrigue, and rebellion.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ailyn Vel
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 04:42pm    Post subject:

Given that there is very little choice in the matter of decent and able players I chuck my opinion behind Rory
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 05:27pm    Post subject:

First, I'd like to thank you all for your votes.

Since I do not believe in voting for myself in such a public setting, I would like to cast nominations for three different individuals towards the creation of this council. Although my ego says that I would be one of the best for this, I am going to attempt to view things with an unbiased eye and present valid arguements for my choices.

Noruas, you have proven yourself to be a very capable poster and storyline device. The entire board seems united in its general dislike of the Prime Unu concept and idea, especially with the battles that have been posted. You would make an excellent addition to the evil side of a triocratic council, as you seem to have no qualms about destroying anything in your path in order to acheive your objectives.

Alatáriël, despite our continued bickering and arguing both in-character and on the galactic holonet, your posts are some of the most enjoyable I have read, and were it not for the fact that we were on opposite sides of the coin I would gladly consider you a compatriot. You have lofty ideals and cunning tactics, and your use of slightly out-of-norm characters is admirable. Your incoproration of weaknesses into your overall character is something I have striven towards in my own posts. You would make an excellent addition to the good side of a triocratic council, as you are alturistic and confident iny our abilities, and will not settle for anything less than an equal compromise.

This leaves the prospect of a neutral member of this council. My thoughts stall at this point for a moment, as we all seem to be in conflict with one another, but there is one mind that seems to stay above the rest for this goal. It involves a necessity for listening to multiple sides of a conversation, and to bring both sides to an acceptable compromise.

Alexus, your ability to rally people from multiple factions into a cohesive play, even going so far as to sacrifice some of your own assets for the sake of the game leaves you at the top of my list. Your willingness to accept defeat, your posting ability, and your longevity in this game make you an excellent addition to the neutral face of a triocratic council, as you have an affinity for seeing multiple viewpoints and finding acceptable compromise to keep two completely opposite sides in harmony OOC, even if their IC personae are locked in combat are chief among the assets necessary for this position.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 05:49pm    Post subject:

I think that all four of the nominess should get on the committee sooner or later, it's only a question of whether it's this time or next time round.

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 10:08pm    Post subject:

Just note - these are testimonials, not nominations or voting. (in fact, most of the people who have been testified to here were nominated before I posted this thread, so rest assured).
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 11:16pm    Post subject:

lol. :P

I think everyone is handling this well, and even though your names may not be mentioned in our testimonies, I can say that each individual player on the forum can make a huge contribution to the plots. Just because you may or may not be picked or placed on the committee, doesn't mean you're not valued. I will come to each of you, personally, and ask for YOUR advice on a lot of occasions. I want to know what you are feeling, what you want to happen. That's the whole purpose: to receive a collective resolve on the movement of plots and ideas for the RPG as a whole in such a way, to bring clarity and even satisifaction that our characters are bringing about a bigger picture.

It's like a movie guys, and we all have GREAT parts to play. My suggestion is limited to those I believe have the time and the experience to create above and beyond "kick-ass" stories.

Rory. You fit all of this well. :D

Last edited by Yoogle on Sat, June 09th 2007 11:18pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Sun, June 10th 2007 12:39am    Post subject:

Dr. (Victor von) Doom, better known here as Noruas: As he mentioned previously, I can vouch for seeing the crazy ideas that have popped out of his head. Which, regardless of how insane, infeasable, or impractical they may be, especially under the circumstances I've seen them, are really amazing to look at. When his plots do work, however, they're really a marvel to behold and something you really need to pay attention to, lest you fall to them.
And while I wasn't around to experience it, I've read over some of the VII stuff regarding the Killiks, and combined with what all you people are saying about him becoming more or less the replacement for Palpatine as the galaxies number one Evil Mastermind, I think he would make an excellent choice.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications
YKL-37R Nova Courier Schizophrenia
Stuff abord the Schizophrenia

------------------------------------------------

Star Wars: It doesn't have to make any sense!

Last edited by Space Jawa on Sun, June 10th 2007 12:39am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Testimonials for ECP
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: