}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Prospero-class codename "Arc Hammer II"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Prospero-class codename "Arc Hammer II"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, January 12th 2008 10:01am    Post subject:

"You've kept things in greater order than I expected, Mejaque, I must say I am impressed. How are things progressing with Project C-1485?"

Mejaque grinned, “Oh the wee fast deployment thing?” he grinned and tapped his fingers over the controls on the arm of the command-chair, causing a momentary flicker in the orbiting display screens as they switched from readouts to the cameras in the aft landing bay, where a large projectile cannon was filling most of the floorspace, “It was nae to hard to pull together a downsized prototype, she’s worked well in simulated test, but I waiting for ye before I actually tested her with the downsize capsule, Sir”

The diminutive officer pushed himself off of his command chair and gestured with a pudgy hand for the Colonel-General to follow him to the freight-lift – as they descended from the command tower both men got a good look through the wide transparansteel windows that covered the command tower’s spine – across the back of the Arc Hammer II lights twinkled, a mobile city-complex of purely research and design labs – the first, and probably last, hull of the Prospero-class was something of a grand design.

Khryss turned to Scyntor as they descended, “I forgot to alert you, Sir, I located Former-General Derricote as ye requested, tubby bastard was hiding out on Anobis to avoid the repercussions of loosing Borleias, I had him brought aboard as a civilian scientist - glutton and failure as a commander he may be, but his mind is still sharp, though his skills…are…not the kind of science I like to deal with.”
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, January 12th 2008 10:55am    Post subject:

"Ah, yes. Evir. I never thought I'd feel that name on my lips without a wave of nausea racing through me. Bloody cowardly way to wage a war if you ask me. But, as you once pointed out, what makes me sick will make the enemy run in fear. After this test we'll go have a chat with the former General."

Scyntor mulled the implications of what the biologist could bring to the Corps as he turned to face the monitors. Of particular interest were the targeting systems, which were dredged from the ancient Naval archives. The interfaces at this point were crude at best, like trying to link a modern supercomputer with a handheld scanner from the Hyperspace Wars. Still, it was functioning with somewhat stability, and that was all that mattered at this point.

The schematics of the downsized projectile were another thing that caught his eye. Doing some quick mental calculations, the implications for bringing the full-sized project to bear were massive enough that General Mohc would have gone giddy. Scyntor himself was having difficulty keeping the smile from his face even before the test.

Khryss was standing next to him, looking over the schematics with a more critical eye. Finally, after a long pause and some minor adjustments to a touch-screen on his level, he nodded once. "Activate, Charge." The device began to hum softly, drawing power from the energy reserves in the aft hangar bay. Phase II Dark Troopers milled about, monitoring real-time statuses with electronic patience while the two commanders were safe behind thick transparisteel reinforced with local shielding.

"Charge Full, Securing Launchpod" A projectile was loaded into the base of the weapon, carried by two Phase II Dark Troopers. There was a little pause as the angles were reckoned then the shell, which looked much like a heavy artillery piece from the days of long-range high-trajectory bombardment, was seurely fitted. The ship rumbled slightly as powerful magnetic clamps secured the payload, then a backstop was locked in place behind it, securing the breech.

"Maglock One-Three locked in place. Initiate firing sequence." the lights flickered as the last capacitors were charged, making the very air crackle with the amount of energy being harnessed in the device. Dimly, Scyntor realized that the device would require a separate hypermatter reactor just to power it, but that could be incorporated into the final design. The Colonel-General's hands folded in expectation.

"Magcharge at critical level. Disengage locking clamps and fire." the device was deathly silent for a moment, then an electrical whine began to build. In the span of a second the pitch went out of the span of human hearing, then the deckplates groaned their protest as the projectile was released. an infinitesimal span of time later, a time so short even the most modern sensors would have difficulty distinguishing the delay, a thundering boom resounded in the hangar, the result of the the projectile achieving supersonic speeds while still in the barrel of the cannon.

With a strange silence the downscaled projectile launched from the hangar bay towards a nearby star that the ship was orbiting, tracking computers calculating its speed. Scyntor watched it for a moment, then looked at the technical readouts. A moment of stillness, then an almost childish grin spread across his lips as the results of the speed test came back. "Independent terminals are coming back with the same results. Mejaque, you are a genius."

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, January 12th 2008 02:02pm    Post subject:

"Independent terminals are coming back with the same results. Mejaque, you are a genius."

The diminutive General chuckled at Scyntor, "Oh aye, but I don't like to brag about it." he winked and smiled at his senior officer, checking is own personal monitors, "Excellent, and there aint' single ounce of stress damage on the canon itsself - I assume then that your approving full construction of the Storm Cannon?" the Darktroopers in the hanger were manhandling the parts of the Storm Cannon prototype he tisked annoyed at them for following commands without his orders, punching in a few command to halt them,

“I can get on production of the full scale item as soon as the designs are approved,” he smiled, and beckoned for the Colonel-General to follow, Scyntor might have been his superior, but the Arc Hammer II was his domain to command, he plodded back onto the turbo lift “And now of course, we should go and see Dericote no doubt.”

It wasn’t a particularly difficult task, the former Starfighter Corps officer had taken over one of the Arc II’s bio-gardens, and was idly tending to the plants as Scyntor and Mejaque entered, causing him to wheel around and open his arms wide in a motion of greetings, “Colonel-General, what a pleasant surprise.”
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, February 22nd 2008 09:08pm    Post subject:

It had been weeks. Dericote had been happy to tend to the gardens aboard the Arc Hammer II, serving as a sort of passenger aboard the Stormtrooper Corps research vessel. Scyntor doubted he would have need of the rotund officer's talents in the fields of genetics and biomechanics, but it was always advisable to retain all manner of researchers for the simple reason of inevitability.

Bones popped as he rolled his head back, looking away from a sketchpad he had on a small lap desk. The Colonel-General had lost track of the time spent aboard the ship, currently seated in the modified command chair on the bridge. General Khryss had finished programming the 'droids to manufacture the Storm Cannon, and all it was waiting on was approval from the appropriations board before it was put into practice.

It had almost been depressing, seeing Mejaque discharged. Years of faithful service, an exemplary record, and countless innovations... the man did deserve a break. Now, however, there was need to find someone new to take command of his research and development department. Several ideas came to mind, but there was one at the forefront of his mind these days, a relic from the absorption of the former Devaron Sovereignty.

Grand Marshal Testudinata had spoken of the man in his official report on the Adumar and Antar starfighters, praising his talents while expressing a subtle but noticeable hesitation towards his lust for battle. "Perhaps he would be better served aboard a ship where his talents were recognized and exploited, not held back..."

"Sir?" One of the only human crew aboard, a diagnostic technician currently on duty on the bridge, had overheard his musing. Scyntor waved a hand, pencil working idly on a sheet of flimsiplast as he looked out of the forward viewports. He didn't care much for being overheard, but it didn't bother him... the likelihood of anything leaving this ship was slim, the chances of anything secure leaking out were as good as none. Even if his musings were somehow an object of interest amongst the galactic rabble, there was virtually no chance anyone outside of the Hammer would ever hear it.

Scyntor's eyes finally looked down to what he had sketched. Before him was a fully detailed front-face diagram of a different kind of powered armor, similar in ways to the Phase III Dark Trooper, but different in more. A smile tugged at his lips as things began to fall into place, the bumpy future resolving into a seamless road of certainty. "Relay a coded message to the Genesis, use the backdoor to have them transmit a message to Supreme Moff Baelish's office. Request records on Maximilian Brooks, forward them to Carida's central databanks, and have the scientist report to the administrative complex there in one week."

The protocol 'droid manning the communications console responded with a somewhat androgynous voice, the affirmative echoing into silence around the bridge. Pencil laid to paper once more, adding detail markers to the design before him, as well as questions for some of his other researchers. It was feasible, but only on a limited scale... but if all went according to plan, there was no reason to believe it would not work.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, April 11th 2008 10:04am    Post subject:

Zero stepped off of the shuttle and looked around the hangar bay of the massive ship. The return message from Scyntor had been to meet him on the Arc Hammer II. That suited the situation better, actually, as Skirata would need a medbay and this was more expedient than taking him to the planet's surface. It was also beneficial as it had a facility where his armor could be repaired. The armor could use it, too, after the encounter on Mandalore.

He knew the Colonel-General would arrive before him, he had been closer after all. However, he was just happy to be seeing the man. Zero viewed Scyntor as a father figure in his life. Most likely, the closest he would ever come to having one. He pondered that idea for a moment, trying desperately to find an image of his real father in the recordings of his dreams. There was none and he closed his eyes, strengthening his resolve by reminding himself that the Empire was his family.

Stopping at a console, he linked with the ship's computer systems and searched for Scyntor's location. Medbay 3, one of the primary ones and Zero turned to face the troopers transporting the unconscious Skirata. " Medbay 3, on the double." The troopers nodded and continued their movement.

Walking to Medbay 3, Zero stepped inside and removed his helm, placing it in the crook of his arm upon seeing Scyntor. Suppressing a smile and straightening into a rigid posture, he saluted the man sharply. " General Zero reporting, sir."

<Rank image pending...>

Scyntor: Oh and this is my new best friend Zero...no...noooo...don't point the big experimental plasma weapon at the nice rebel leader...
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, April 11th 2008 03:08pm    Post subject:

Scyntor did not turn immediately, still gazing upon what Zero would recognize as a holoscan of the xenos' brain. His helmet was set to the side, though he still retained the body armor of the Storm Commando. After a moment, the scan flickered and was replaced by a damage report from the Tamarang, along with a synopsis of the data it had obtained.

The Colonel-General had gone through a moment of curiosity, wondering exactly what had made the man go with Skirata and not seek orders or clearance, but as he recollected the way the man fought... the way he perceived things, it had only made Thanates smile. Improvisation on the battlefield, not waiting for orders when you knew what needed to be done; that was the true nature of the man.

His voice was soft, distant and at the same time inquisitive. "It seems you found one of the only blemishes on the Corps' record. I wonder what your first reactions were upon learning about Tyber Zann, but I suppose that won't matter until after the final debriefing." the scan had changed to that of a standing, smiling Zann, just as he had graduated from Carida. Scyntor had been about three years behind him, and still recollected the event with pain and more than a little hostility.

He finally turned, his massive frame dwarfing Zero's even with the creature's armor. His eyes were hard, but not angry... simply, in a command perspective. "I won't waste time and ask for a debriefing. You've returned without explanation, without Zann, and with my commanding Admiral in need of medical attention. Were you any other officer I'd have you court-martialed. The tone in his voice left no doubt he was telling the truth. Going on a fools errand, causing damage to the Corps and to its valued commanders was not something the Colonel-General took lightly.

"However, no ordinary commander would have willingly accompanied Kalydon. I assume you have your reasons and I will not inquire about them. There is much that needs to be done, and I need you both focused on the Corps in the upcoming months, so my question to you is this."

Scyntor took a step forward, closing the gap between them. His voice was hard, and smoldered with an inner fire that would have terrified most military commanders. "What do you know, and what do you need to ensure that this son of a kath hound gets what he deserves?"

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, April 11th 2008 04:20pm    Post subject:

Zero cringed inwardly at Scyntor's words. He had displeased the Colonel-General. Now it was clear to him, the blinding fury at the traitor Solomon faded away enough to show him the betrayal that Scyntor must have felt at his actions. He had not only betrayed the larger man that he felt a paternal respect for, he had betrayed the Stormtrooper Corps and the Empire. The very family he had come to known, that had taken him in and built the special armor for him, his home.

Scyntor closed the gap between them and looked down at him, eyes seeming to bore into his very being. His grip on the helm loosened slightly and he glanced at the ground briefly, not wanting to show the self loathing that flashed in his emerald eyes. He would not have a choice, he knew. He would have to face the gaze and report... and he did.

Returning his gaze to the much larger man, he spoke. " The Marine... former Marine, Jason Solomon is a traitor to the Empire." The sentence made him cringe, he felt like a traitor himself with Scyntor's demeanor. " He has kidnapped Admiral Skirata's lover, the woman known as Ryoko and revealed his alliance to the Zann Consortium. I know nearly nothing of Zann, but , I do know that we must stop Solomon."

Zero clenched his fist at the thought of Solomon's callous treatment of Ryoko and the hatred for the traitor began to return. " We engaged his forces... unsuccessfully. He has a huge ship, a relic of the Clone Wars. It must have been Seperatist at some time, I somehow recognized it. The ship is very formidable, though we surely could have taken it had it not been for a sudden cowardly escape by Solomon."

" We than headed to Mandalore, where Admiral Skirata wished to acquire some of their famed Mandalorian Iron. While we were there, we encountered a bounty huntress, whom Admiral Skirata contracted to find Zann and information on Solomon's whereabouts. We will need a naval force with considerable firepower when we have the information, we can not find Solomon any other way. His ship has a cloaking device. Admiral Skirata seems to have fallen from a mountain on a... personal odyssey that he felt necessary."

Looking up at Scyntor with a new, fiery resolve, he set his gaze with determination. " I cannot excuse my actions, sir.... but I wish to deal punishment to the traitor, Solomon. We must find him, we must destroy him for his dishonor and bring back the woman."

<Rank image pending...>

Scyntor: Oh and this is my new best friend Zero...no...noooo...don't point the big experimental plasma weapon at the nice rebel leader...
 Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, April 11th 2008 05:04pm    Post subject:

Deep down in the bowls of the Arc Hammer II a small, stunted, figure tapped on the glass surface of a jar. Neuro-wiring lining the brain floating in the liquid behind the glass flickered brightly as the bodiless mind realised it was being woken from its slumber – the single cyclopean photoreceptor on the jar blazed to life, swinging around to look down at the figure that had woken it from its slumber. “General Khryss…sah!” buzzed its mechanical voice, stubby manipulators attempting to salute,

The short human waved his hands dismissively at the photoreceptor, “Aye, Aye, At ease…at ease.”

I shall awake the others, sah!” the brain buzzed excitedly, before realising – much to its own dismay – that it couldn’t rouse the fellow brains, Khryss had disposed of them before he’d woken up the surviving Black Group brain – their support systems had failed in his absence, “Oh….” droned the brain, “I guess they went to tea, sah!

“Oh?” Khryss looked up over his data pad as he read over the data-feed from the jar’s life-support, he guessed – if he was a brain in a jar, he might have gone a little mad, like Black One had. But science was progress and progress inevitably drew itself up from science, “You cannae go back to sleep now Black One…I will be needing you later.”

With a Corps-Issue Labcoat over his uniform, Mejaque strode out of his own private laboratory, using the Arc II’s network of concealed officer turbolifts to move rapidly around the vessel, emerging on the bridge, much to the shock of the sensors officer as the diminutive General rose out of the floor, “I understand the Colonel-General is aboard?”

Captain Mohc jumped in surprise at the appearance of Khryss, “I thought you retired, Sir…?”

Mejaque shrugged lightly, “Aye, funny thing is though, I was doing some fishing, and I realised tha’ no one was feeding my brains…so ah’ needed to come back to make sure they were.” He grinned, it was all an absolutely gigantic lie, he’d never even made it off the Arc II before tearing up his discharge and wandering back to his lab, “Now, the Colonel-General…?”

“Medbay Three, Sir…”

With a nod, Mejaque had disappeared back into the floor, the officer lifts carrying him down to medical station 03, a panel in the wall section, sliding back and letting the General out of the turbolift, and out onto the observation platform, allowing himself a somewhat…cheeky, salute at the Colonel-General.
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, April 13th 2008 06:24pm    Post subject:

Scyntor nodded gently at Zero's words, his head already formulating ideas. The fact that Zann had 'acquired' one of Kalydon's Marines was disturbing, and left a bitter taste in the Colonel-General's mouth. After a moment, he nodded again and was about to speak when the door opened.

The Admiral was brought in soon after the xenos had finished speaking, being placed on the sterile table beside them. His breathing was shallow but regular, and a bacta-pack left the head injury, or at least the superficial markings of it, a faint and distant memory. Things began stacking atop one another in his head, and a smile spread before he began to speak again.

And again, the door hissed open, interrupting the Colonel-General's thoughts. A growl rumbled in his chest as he turned angrily towards the intrusion, only to find Mejaque standing there. The dwarf threw a sloppy, mocking salute, and Thanates just blinked before starting to laugh.

"Traitors, injuries, and retracted resignations... and it's barely past lunchtime. Today has been an interesting day..." Scyntor laughed again, turning to Zero first. "General, I understand your motives and do not begrudge you them... I would not have put you in command if I did not trust your judgement. Go to maintenance bay 013 and get started on your armor diagnostics and repair. I'll be in to see you soon."

Scyntor turned to Khryss, and simply shook his head. "I have got to learn never to trust rumors that my officers are leaving. It is good to see you back. I've got some ideas in mind that I'd like to run by you, but for the moment I'd like to speak to Kalydon on my own. I'd like you to get a start on Zero's repairs while I talk to Admiral Skirata, unless you had something you wanted to talk to me about first."

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Tue, April 22nd 2008 12:21pm    Post subject:

Maintenance Bay 013

Zero sat comfortably in the chair. Well, as comfortably as one could being a super advanced cyborg hooked up via cables to multiple diagnostics computers. He had removed his armor for Khryss to repair, not giving the dwarf another chance to remove it himself. He didn't remember the specifics of the last time Khryss had worked on him, but armor removal had not been pleasant, he knew that much. He let his mind wander as much as he dared, thinking on various star charts he had recorded into his systems, in hopes of finding some indicator of planets with life in the more unexplored sectors.

That was when he became aware of something, again. Khryss had never seemed to be as fond of Zero's presence as much as Scyntor. Nor did he seem to have a warrior's bond with him as Skirata had. Was there something else going on? He needed to know, his mind, melded with an advanced computer; constantly yearned for new knowledge. His curiosity on the subject could not be contained.

Looking to the smaller man from the diagnostics chair, Zero cautiously asked his question. " General Khryss.... with all due respect, especially as my systems are under your power at the moment... Does my presence in the Empire disturb or insult you?"

<Rank image pending...>

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, April 27th 2008 10:09pm    Post subject:

The world was blurry at first when Kal opened his eyes, he was on a ship as far as he could tell, he knew the taste of recycled and re-processed air anywhere. Rubbing his forehead in an attempt to quell his raging headache he noticed a dark shape nearby, a large man whom he couldn't mistake for anyone else, "Colonel General..." he groaned. "How long was I out?"

Short I know, but I promised to get this going.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Sun, April 27th 2008 10:10pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, April 29th 2008 02:57pm    Post subject:

Maintenance Bay 013

Mejaque looked up from his work on one of the replacement armour panels of the Zero armour, raising an eyebrow as the cyborg asked a rather, impertinent, question, “Yer presence neither disturbs nor insults me General, I simply dinnae share the optimistic trust of ye that the Colonel-General does – but I’m a loyal follower of orders, and if the Colonel-General wants to induct you as a General in the Corps regardless of prior experience and your unproven nature, then it is his decision to make, and I will not hinder him for it.” He returned to his work, there were plenty of people he could have named more worthy of a General post in the Corps, but Scyntor was the Colonel-General – and his superior, and the Corps followed orders.

With a flick of a switch Mejaque reactivated the clamp systems on the chair, loading armour pieces onto it, “The armour seems to be holding up, but ye don’t want to go throwing yerself into the path of fire anytime soon, this plating is tough, but it dislikes direct blaster hits.” The diminutive General went to work refitting the armour.
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Tue, April 29th 2008 05:54pm    Post subject:

Zero frowned at the response and decided it wasn't best to press the same subject. Khryss was honest, at least, it seemed he was. He was merely accepting Scyntor's decision, if nothing else. Though, he felt the diminutive scientist had at least some mild fascination in the project that had created what Zero was now. Watching in with a sullen expression as Khryss worked, Zero still felt the need to have some sort of conversation, if only to break the tension that he felt. " Yes, I am still getting used to relying on my eyes and scanners at the same time. Of course, I suppose the systems haven't had enough actual combat tests for me to get used to them."

Mulling over his next choice of words carefully, Zero chewed on his bottom lip with a slight anxiety. He wanted to know of others' experiences, particularly in effect to the life he couldn't remember. " General, if I may be so bold as to ask... Do you have any family? Outside of the Stormtrooper Corps?"

<Rank image pending...>

Last edited by Zero on Tue, April 29th 2008 05:56pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, April 30th 2008 02:50pm    Post subject:

"How long was I out?"

Tough question... Scyntor didn't know how long it had been since Kalydon was injured, hadn't bothered to look through the medical records. It didn't matter to him, really; the 'droids were taking good care of him, and there was a lot on the Colonel-General's mind. Too much to be worried about such matters as dates and times.

"Quite a while, I'd say. The 'droids did a good job patching you up, but they did leave your head alone for the most part... we've got a lot to discuss." The Colonel-General looked around the room, motioning for the semisentient 'droids to leave. As the doors sealed, he stood up and punched in a security code, barring the door.

This discussion was for four sets of ears alone.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Wed, April 30th 2008 03:10pm    Post subject:

Kal's head had ceased throbbing for the moment as he began to sit up after the General had sealed the door, "I'm sure Zero filled you in to the current situation, and understand if I don't want to sit around here..." It was true, while the love of his life was out there and in danger he wanted nothing less than to be able to track her down and rescue her.

Aside from that, there was also the matter of the backstabbing traitor and his new toy warship...

For now though he had to get his bearings first then move from there. "Come to think of it...where the frak am I?"

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, April 30th 2008 04:20pm    Post subject:

Oh aye?” Mejaque fiddled with the back of Zero’s skull for a moment, “There, a’ve activated the visual sync program that should match yer scanners to ye eye movements, so ye shouldn’t have too much trouble differentiating between yer organic vision and that o’ yer scanners.” The diminutive stormtrooper fixed the neck plating back onto Zero, his chubby fingers quite nimble at their work, as he reassembled the cyborg’s entire helm unit, occasionally pausing to reconnect neuro-processors to the cyborg’s endoskeleton. The latter action sending jolts of feedback to Zero’s control mechanisms.

Mejaque froze as Zero managed to utter another rather impertinent question before clamping an arm plate down rather unnecessarily hard, “The Corps does nae permit teh time for a family General, as individuals we exist as numbers on datasheets we cannae weel go off start families, it would detract from our loyalties to the Empire.” he began to reboot the cyborgs systems. “Tha’ said, I did o’course have a family before I was recruited into service wid’ tha Old Republic, a’am no clone, but a’ve severed my links to them since a’ joined the Corps.” the General did sound mildly upset and offended over the question, and if his rather rough reassembling of Zero’s armour was anything to go by the cyborg might have taken the hint…if of course he understood such mannerisms.

Last edited by Mejaque Khryss on Wed, April 30th 2008 04:21pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, April 30th 2008 05:12pm    Post subject:

Zero silently agreed that the fumblings at the back of his skull had indeed made it much easier to see, as if his scanners and eyes acted as one. That would make it much easier to dodge incoming fire and lock onto targets. Of course, the continued forcefulness as Khryss continued to replace the armor plating as he responded to Zero's questioning was a sign that the man did not wish to talk about the subject. Even Zero, naive as he was to the ways of life, could figure that out. At least I found out something new of reactions today...

Logging Report: Conversation With Mejaque Khryss...

Observation: Subject's physical reactions to certain questions hint at a passive-aggressive answer to said inquiries. Perhaps a broad range reaction in many sentient species. More data will be needed to make a definite conclusion on this behavior.

No kidding, Zero thought, looking around the room to try and find anything else to occupy his mind while Khryss finished his work. Rather than try to bring up another conversation after two failed attempts at interaction with the man, Zero closed his eyes and replayed the visual data from his battle on the ground with the Zann Consortium forces. He could at least analyze the scene and make improvements on strategy.

<Rank image pending...>

Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, April 30th 2008 05:39pm    Post subject:

With a few deft motions of his hands Mejaque activated the internal tranquilising systems of the neural-processor network inside of Zero’s suit knocking the cyborg completely unconcious – via the datajack he’d plugged into the Generals suit he brought up the memory banks of the cyborg, and narrowed them down to his most recently stored files, highlighting the entire memory of the prior conversation along with a rather odd observation from Zero, he scrubbed the Generals memory of the past few moments, and began downloading the cyborgs recent memories and combat logs, a most effective debriefing of one whose entire memory was on a hard drive, with a few more motions he implanted Zero’s memory-core with the knowledge that he had been debriefed and withdrew the datajack. With the General unconscious and not asking any more questions Mejaque refitted the rest of the cyborgs armour, and initiated a stimulant release, unhooking Zero from the chair.

Silently he made his way back to his workbench to toy with the damaged components he’d replaced on Zero’s armour, direly hoping that the cyborg awoke it a less inquisitive manner, he’d probably eradicate that whole emotion if he’d have not thought Scyntor wouldn’t have approved. He supposed it was something of a betrayal of trust to wipe the conversation from the memory of the cyborg, but on the other hand he had his own secrets to protect, and he wasn’t giving a xenotech machine the information to bend to its own will.
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, April 30th 2008 05:52pm    Post subject:

Zero woke slowly, a slight haze clearing from his mind as he noticed he was no longer restrained. He checked his startup systems to ensure everything was running smoothly and noted that the debriefing had taken place. Though.... it felt as if something was missing. A feeling that something had happened and he should have remembered it. The feeling faded and soon enough Zero stood again, scanning the room. " Zero systems running at optimal performance," he stated mechanically.

Snapping back to the control of his own mind, he ran through a last check of his systems to insure everything was running properly and spoke to Khryss at his workbench. " Thank you, general Khryss, for repairing my armor. I appreciate your efforts to keep me functional. Good day." With that, Zero left the room, intent on finding Scyntor and checking up on Skirata's recovery.

<Rank image pending...>

Last edited by Zero on Wed, April 30th 2008 05:52pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Fri, May 02nd 2008 02:25pm    Post subject:

After a long and interesting discussion between Kal and Scyntor, as well as a small amount of surgery, both officers left the med bay. Kal scratched the back of his neck where a small implant now resided. "It'll take some getting used to, this little gadget. Still stings a bit."

As they walked his thoughts dwelled on the discussion that he and the Colonel General had. It was an interesting proposal, interesting enough that Kal had agreed to it. Skirata and his troops stood to benefit greatly from this endeavor on the road ahead...while his enemies would suffer even greater from it.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, May 02nd 2008 06:21pm    Post subject:

Zero walked down the sterile halllway, barely acknowledging anyone that he passed. There was still so much to accomplish and even with the aid of his internal computers, he couldn't fathom how exactly they would pull it all off. He was sure that by now they would have had at least an update from Vel. He did not wish to see the Empire's funds go to waste. Perhaps I am too trusting... Not everyone has a sense of honor... What was worse was that his CPU constantly was searching for new information, anything useful to add to his databanks. It was as bad as his longing to grasp a firm sense of being and belonging.

Pushing the thoughts of need from his mind and setting his CPU to the bare minimum of necessary functions, he lifted his head as his scanners picked up the forms of two familiar officers approaching him. Scyntor and Skirata, just the two he had set out to meet up with. It was good to see Skirata up and moving again, yet....something was different.

Biometric Scan Of Kalydon Skirata...

Results: Foreign object detected at base of cranial region. Unknown device...

Zero snapped a sharp salute as his eyes widened. " Admiral Skirata, it is good to see you are recuperated. Though, my scanners detect a foreign material in your skull. Perhaps a piece of shrapnel? it would be most distressing to think the medical 'droids would miss such an object..."

<Rank image pending...>

Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, May 04th 2008 01:22pm    Post subject:

"There is much afoot, Zero, and an errant bit of metal in Kalydon's head should be among the lesser of your concerns at this point. It was left there intentionally, and I will let Mr. Skirata brief you on it at his leisure and whim. In the meantime, I need you both to follow me."

Colonel-General Scyntor stepped into the turbolift, motioning for Zero and Skirata to follow him, before inputing a secure access code. The panel beeped twice, then shot upwards to a semi-hidden room aboard the research and construction vessel. Even among the Dark Troopers and few living personnel aboard the craft, this was not something shared. A room with fully interactive holoscanners, designed to project in full detail any location the user desired, from the layout of a city to the arrangement of systems in the entire galaxy.

As Scyntor stepped in, the room was dark. His voice rumbled as he motioned towards one of the panels. "Project overlay, Denon sector, extending five thousand light years radius and scale to fit." Machinery hummed, and instantly a fully interactive, three-dimensional image of the outlined sector appeared. The Colonel-General stood just below Denon, regarding the two before him.

"Gentlemen. I have little skill with words, and so I will get right to the point. It's time for the Corps to expand, to start using its increased size in ways that would make even the old Empire cringe. I've spent months trying to figure out how to do this, and I've finally reached the conclusion that stands before us now."

One of the computer panels, to his right, held two hand-carved Corellian oak boxes. They were the same size, and engraved with sigils in ancient Caridan. He picked up the one closest to him and held it in his hand, hefting it as he chose his next words.

"I have spent a great deal of time studying my top commanders, deciding how to best go about this... for now, you are the only two I have found that I can trust with this level of authority. Admiral Skirata, please step forward."

As he did so, the Colonel-General lifted the box, opening it and keeping the lid between their eyes and what lay within. "Kalydon Skirata, Admiral in His Imperial Majesty's Navy. By the authority of the Imperial Executor, you are hereby relieved of your rank, and honorably discharged with all due rights and privileges earned thereto."

A pause. His eyes flicked over to Zero, whose confusion was clearly registered on his face, before he spoke again. "Kalydon Skirata, former Admiral in His Imperial Majesty's Navy. I, Thanates Scyntor, loyal commander and Colonel-General of His Imperial Majesty's Stormtrooper Corps, present to you an offering of rank. After much deliberation and consideration, the rank offered before you now is Field Marshal, second-in-command of His Imperial Majesty's Stormtrooper Corps, with specialization in dedicated zone-specific mobile infantry. This includes all specially trained Stormtrooper personnel for various climates and battle conditions, as well as the Navy-trained Corpsmen that sit aboard Strike Force Omega.

"If you accept, you will become commander of the ships contained within that task force, as well as be placed in sole command of a corps of heavy assault troopers created and designed to your specifications, to be undertaken within two standard days of your positive response.

Kalydon Skirata, how do you respond?"

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, May 04th 2008 09:52pm    Post subject:

Kal bowed his head, "I'm honored Colonel General." This was it, his dream of getting the Marine Corps into full fighting capacity, he could finally do it now. "I will not let you or the Empire down."

He heard a whisper in the wind so to speak, Way to go beloved...

I'll be coming soon Ryoko, very soon...and you are a very dead man Jason, Kal thought.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 03:51pm    Post subject:

The open box was turned and presented to Skirata. Within it lay a new rank plaque, six bars of red in a single line with three identical code cylinders, nestled between two lumpy objects shrouded beneath a veil of black silk. Scyntor set the box on the terminal between him and Skirata and pulled the cloth away, withdrawing twin Verpine shatterguns.

These guns had been custom-tooled for Skirata, molded from the modified weapons the former Admiral had at his side when he was injured. Weighted for his hands, the massive pistols were nearly jet-black, with the exception of fine platinum inlays down the slide, raising sigils in Mando`a in muted relief. The Colonel-General's massive hands flipped the weapons over, pulling back the slides to reveal the emptied chambers, then with dexterous ease surprising in a man his size spun them to offering.

"Field Marshal Skirata, these are yours. They are as much an identifier of your rank as your plaque, and will serve you well. See to it that you serve the Empire and the Corps no less faithfully." Custom holsters sat in the compartments beneath where the weapons lay, hip holsters with belts tooled in rancor leather for comfort wherever Kal chose to wear them. The holsters themselves were not complete, having only about three centimeters at the end to cup the muzzle, and a flat piece extending up to the restraining loops to sit against the body, with anchor points at the top to keep the weapons in place. Quick-draw holsters, necessary for the massive size.

Thanates turned to Zero, looking the xenos cyborg in the eyes a moment, before nodding. General Zero, front and center."

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, May 05th 2008 05:14pm    Post subject:

Zero watched the proceeding with a strange mix of confusion and wonder. When Scyntor announced the dismissal of Skirata's rank, his emerald eyes widened in shock and confusion. What was the reason? Had there quest to find Ryoko caused Scyntor to choose to distrust them? Yet, Scyntor had assured Zero that, though it was a bold and questionable move to pursue Solomon, that they had still done nothing to cause distrust. Then Scyntor provided Skirata with a new rank and position, which seemed to be even more than he had held as Admiral; and presented the Mandalorian with new, custom sidearms.

Zero marveled at the weapons and their holsters, scanning every detail that he could and storing the images in his memory for later reference. Scyntor caught his attention, looking down into Zero's eyes for a moment before speaking in a low baritone. "General Zero, front and center." Zero stepped closer and saluted sharply, standing at attention. "Sir"

<Rank image pending...>

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Prospero-class codename "Arc Hammer II"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: