}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Prospero-class codename "Arc Hammer II"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Prospero-class codename "Arc Hammer II"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, June 07th 2007 03:29pm    Post subject: Prospero-class codename "Arc Hammer II"

Magnificient.

Colonel-General Thanates Scyntor stepped off his shuttle, the Lambda-class Flagstone and into the hanger of the behemoth ship. Silently, Scyntor took in every detail that he could see so far: from the massive docking clamps to the reinforced structural integrity, the rapid off-loading mechanical arms to draw ingots of metal from incoming materials transports... The ship was every bit what was promised, and more.

Scyntor made his way through the unfamiliar corridors of the Prospero-class construction vessel, a nearly precise replication of General Rom Mohc's Arc Hammer that was destroyed so long ago, the blueprints dredged from the deepest depths of the classified archives and recreated at painstaking detail to be modernised and brought in to the folds of the Stormtrooper Corps. The coridors were still sterile, but now instead of gleaming durasteel the walls were brushed and matted to reflect the light less, and lend a warmer glow to the atmosphere.

He ascended to the bridge, to gaze over the systems. There were a few minor alterations that the Colonel-General had made to the overall schematics, with help from some officers of the Imperial Navy. The tactical and weapons systems officers were non-existant, their pits replaced with on-bridge central Cartographical officers and added helm controls. The power conduits that ran through the helm systems were more massive than on any other ship produced by the Navy, as well they should have been... the hum of an Executor's central reactor vibrated through the deckplates of the ship that was half as long as the battle Dreadnought.

He turned to the communications pits, a smile touching his lips as he nodded. "Send a tightbeam message to the Catalyst, inform General Khryss that his new post is awaiting him."

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, June 07th 2007 03:39pm    Post subject:

Mejaque sat cross-legged ontop of one of the work tables he had adopted on the catalyst, the torso components of a phase two dark trooper spread out infront of him while he fiddled with its internal workings. To the Stormtrooper Officer entering the room the site of the dwarf hudled over the droid was almost akin to a small toddeler playing with a favored toy, he smirked, much to his own regret when the General twisted his head round towards him, "Sommat look funny to you lad?"

The Officer froze in place his face adopting the terrified expression of one knowing he has stepped in rather a large pile of gundark droppings, "N...No...Sir..."

"Aye, I suspect you did," Mejaque hopped nimbly from the table, "I suspect you looked at me and though I looked like a wee little bairne playing with his toys..." he paced up to the Officer whose face was slowley witening, "Yer a freshie ain't you? Pchah, I cannae believe whelps like you still get to train...out with it then."

The Officer croaked slightly before swallowing to clear his tightened throat "I uhh...I....Colonel General Scyntor wished to inform you that your ship has arrived and that he will meet you aboard."

The dwarf scowled at the boy, he would have sorely wanted to beat him but with the Mark II project finally completed beating the whelp would hardly serve to his intrests, "Good, inform the techs aboard the Catalyst that they are to prepare to transfer all work attatched to my project to the ship approaching the planet..." he paced passed the still frozen officer before turning back to him "And inform the Catalyst's commander and Corsova that they should be launching to space soon."

With a huff he paced off towards the hangers.

+

Its wings gradually folding up Mejaques shuttle arrived at the new craft settling down in its shuttle-hanger before opening up and disgorging its single occupant who nodded towards the waiting Scyntor "All these years of planning and waiting and at last its finally complete - the old man would have been proud to see that his dream was carried on in his absence..." he saluted Scyntor "Sir." he gazed upwards at the roof of the hanger - the Prospero-class the succesor to the Experimental Arc Hammer factory ship...and it was finally complete..."Worth every hour of personal supervision Sir..."
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, June 07th 2007 04:13pm    Post subject:

Scyntor smiled as he looked down to General Khryss. In a past life he would have gotten on one knee to put himself at the man's eye level, but such a move was something done to appease a child, something that the Mejaque would likely have taken offense to. Instead, he remained at his full height, his hands clasped behind his back as he looked out to the stars, at the form of Carida below. "Worth every credit and every painstaking hour of its construction, General... I believe you will enjoy your new spaces. The project specifications have already been forwarded to your personal databanks, I expect you to use this facility as well, if not better, than the late General Mohc."

Scyntor turned to Mejaque, looking down. "General Zero mentioned something to me before I executed his transfer to the Genesis, something about a weapon called a Z-Buster. I understand that if you had found it, it would have made it onto the suit, so I ask if our data techs have made any progress in recovering the lost data from the damaged sectors of the transport pod." Behind them, the navy-trained Stormtroopers worked at their stations, their indoctrination training reinforced by added benefits packages and the threat of death if any one of them disclosed the existance of this vessel.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, June 08th 2007 02:39pm    Post subject:

"Aye, its a theoretical design the Cofederacy scientists threw together - why they stuck it in the same datapod they put that xenos in I have no idea." the diminutive general crossed his arms It's useless I did not install the device in the suits intial phase - the theory behind it is scewed and...frankly rather fictional."

Mejaque glanced up at the Colonel-General and paced away to look over the working personelle, "I have however got a suitible replacement for the weapon you are evidently going to ask me to mount on the aliens armour - we constructed a prototype during the scrapped Phase VI project to be mounted on the arm of the suit - it is a little unwieldy but with some tinkering to the original armor designs I can reduce genetic pollution hazzards."

Scyntor turned away from the view of Carida and raised an eyebrow at Mejaque "Genetic pollution hazzards?"

The dwarf gave a little shrug, "If it isn't properly shielded pure-plasma matter has a way of...shall we say...not working happilly with people at the genetic level? Dinnae worry Sir, it'll all be worked out in time..."
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, June 08th 2007 02:47pm    Post subject:

Genetic pollution. The terminology evoked an image of horrific genetic mutations, the likes of which could be rather detrimental to the health of the overall project. While some of the changes might be positive, there was no way to control it and, therefore, no need to take shortcuts. Scyntor nodded once, then turned to view the shape of the Genesis, where he knew Zero was getting settled in.

"You will have time for it, General... I want to have a reward set up for him by the time he finishes his first ground campaign. I'd like to have a second armored exoskeleton ready for him, truly blending his technology with our own. Phrik exoskeleton, various mechanical and computer enhancements, and that weapon. How long will it take before it can be done?" Even as he said it, Scyntor lifted a hand to forestall Mejaque's response, turning to face the diminutive officer. It was a stupid question to ask, Thanates reflected, as time was virtually no issue in this time of tenuous peace.

"You will have all the time you need aboard this ship, and the materials and production teams necessary to fabricate it. I do not foresee any campaigns in our immediate future, so there is no huge rush on the project. Will you need him to come in for a re-measurement and fitting to get the proper dimensions on the armor, and on the expanded neural interfaecs?"

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 04:37pm    Post subject:

Mejaque had almost been willing to refuse any such ideas of a second suit for the alien - but he kept his mouth closed and focused on a computer consol while the Colonel-General was speaking, when the man had finished the dwarf turned around "It would take very little time to simply re-fit the current suit - but as for a new design...I can incorporate most of the technology we've allready developed from his existing designs,"

He paced back up to the command rail, noting the very handy ramps that had been installed and stood back at Scyntors side again, "I will need him in of course - it will take a complete neurolink re-fit but I still have the scrapped designs of the Phase VI on file so there should be very little issue - but I won't pass on a chance to best-tune it to his destinct structure."
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 05:06pm    Post subject:

A pause. The tone of the General's voice lent a certain air of reluctance to the project. Scyntor's voice was soft, almost silken, but it carried with it the undeniable air of authority that brought him to the rank that he carried today. "General, while I understand your reluctance in accepting the xenos as a compatriot, much less a member of my advisory council, this is one of the rare situations where your understanding and comprehension is not a requisite of your compliance. The armor that was created for him is perfectly acceptable for normal situations, and for the situations in which we placed his contention when we first examined his file."

The shape of the Genesis blotted out the cityscape of Carida City, the hulking mass of the Dreadnought silhouetted against the pale green of the surrounding plains. Scyntor took a deep breath, his shoulders relaxing slightly. "However, given his propensity towards combat abilities, I have chosen to place him in a situation where he will face more fire than any other of our high-ranking personnell. Unless you want this project to go to waste, I would advise that you take the time and create this armor flawlessly. Do so, and you will not have to create another set for Zero. Do we have an understanding?"

Scyntor turned to face Khryss, the immaculate cut of his pale blue suit accentuating his form, the bars and code cylinders of his rank peeking from beneath the unbuttoned coat. The Colonel-General waited patiently for Mejaque's response, a slight glance over to the hangar control console setting off a set of transmissions to prepare the Flagstone for departure.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 05:20pm    Post subject:

"Aye, Sir," Mejaque straightened the collar of his uniform - clenching his fist of his free hand with the slow strangling sound of leather gloves, "I shall equip him with the best gear I can offer."
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 05:37pm    Post subject:

Scyntor nodded once, then turned towards the bridge turbolift doors. Good man. Expect us in two and a half standard hours. As soon as my shuttle is safely aboard, I would like to stretch her legs... choose a suitable location in deep-space to rendezvous with Vice-Admiral Skirata and have Catrography plot a course. I will inform Strike Force Omega to slave their navicomputers to the Hammer, inform the Catalyst to do the same. The Colonel-General made his way to the turbolift, the doors sealing behind him before he turned to face the durasteel panels.

Khryss was the best choice for this position, especially given his struggle through the ranks of the Stormtrooper Corps. His service under General Mohc was exemplary, and his facination with tinkering and toys made him the perfect officer for heading up Stormtrooper R&D. However, the man had always chafed at the idea of following orders he did not agree with, and Scyntor had promised that such instances would be few and far between. However... this was one of those situations where the Colonel-General's instinct was something that needed to be followed.

The doors opened, and Scyntor made his way down the corridors to the hangar bay. The shuttle Flagstone was already waiting for him, and Thanates made his way up the loading ramp, returning the salute of the pilot waiting for him. "Set course for the Genesis. Wait 90 minutes, then begin priming the engines - expect myself and General Zero in two hours." The pilot nodded, then with the roar of sublight drives the Lambda-class shuttle lifted off and dropped through the hanger, its wings unfolding as it streaked towards the massive flagship of Strike Force Omega.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, June 22nd 2007 07:05pm    Post subject:

Zero watched through the viewport as the shuttle neared the Arc Hammer II. Everything continued falling in place for him. First the rank, then the command and now this, he was going to be fitted for upgrades that would surely enhance his lethality ten fold. Thoughts swirled in his head of all the events that had transpired since he had awakened with no memory. He wasn't sure if he would ever find his past. However, he knew, that his future was sure to provide im the life he sought. It would still be difficult, learning how to live, but he was finally ready to face it all.

As the shuttle entered the hangar and landed, Zero stood, straightening himself and standing as tall as his five foot frame could look. The hatch lowered and he stepped onto the flight deck, searching for Scyntor.

<Rank image pending...>

Scyntor: Oh and this is my new best friend Zero...no...noooo...don't point the big experimental plasma weapon at the nice rebel leader...
 Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, June 23rd 2007 06:20pm    Post subject:

Mejaque finished cleaning his hands of the dirty oily substance that coated the skin, "Are we ready yet, can we serve again?" the diminutive general stared into the single red photo-receptor that met his casual glance, he smilled back into the pure crimson glare,

"Aye Zero One, Eager to get back to your work for the Empire?"

"I am most eager, sir, to be intergrated into my new body..."

Mejaque grinned and looked at the near-by hulked-over form of the mechanised unit he had been constructing - he tapped the top plate of it and then grinned back at 01's photoreceptor "Aye lad, it will be constructed in due time."

"Will I get...to meet Colonel-General Scyntor...?

The diminutive General grinned and looked to his personal monitor, "You may be in luck, the Colonel-General has arrived with his new favorite pet, " he shrugged off his lab-coat so that he was in his unform and padded off to find the Colonel-General.
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, June 29th 2007 02:03am    Post subject:

The air aboard the Arc Hammer IIwas kept at a precise 273 kelvins, and had a sterile quality about it that made the Colonel-General's nose burn slightly. Of course, the cleanliness was an absolute necessity when you factored in the projects that were taking place aboard the research ship. Stepping from the Flagstone Scyntor found Zero and motioned up one of the ramps towards the primary turbolift. His voice was soft as he nodded to the xenos. "Take the turbolift to E-deck, and make your way to research center 002. General Khryss will be with you shortly. I have something else I must attend to, I will meet you presently."

Acknowledging Zero's salute he made his way to a different turbolift. This one would take him to the most tightly classified research projects, where he knew Mejaque would be. Entering the turbolift, Scyntor waited until the doors closed before pressing his thumb to the reader. "Voice recognition Colonel-General Thanates Mortua Scyntor, authorization code Delta-zero-one-one-three." The turbolift beeped twice, then the lift started down towards the sensitive research pods located on the keel-line of the ship.

When the doors opened he found Khryss just as he was pulling the lab coat off. Scyntor looked down, then up towards the laboratory the researcher and toymaker had just departed from. No words were exchanged at first: Mejaque responded to Scyntor's inquisitive look with an affirmative nod. A moment of consideration, then Scyntor spoke to the man with hushed tones. "General Zero is awaiting you in E-deck lab 002, he is expecting you in fifteen minutes. How is Black Group?"

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, July 04th 2007 05:54pm    Post subject:

Zero nodded and gave a sharp salute to Scyntor. " Yes, Colonel-General." Keeping his expression straight-laced, he faced forward and walked in a disciplined fashion to the turbolift. Stepping inside, he entered his deck designation and stood silently as the doors closed and the lift silentyl moved through it's tube. Quietly coming to a stop, Zero stepped out and headed for Research Center 002. As he walked, he received looks of awe from some of thetechs. No doubt, some of them had worked on his armor and were now finally seeing the fruits of their labor for the first time.

Stepping inside of the room, he stood and waited. Waiting for his meeting, he brought up the personnel file for general Khryss in his armor's databanks. The data flashed across the backs of his eyes and he suddenly realized why noone seemed shocked at Zero's below average height. Not that it mattered that Khryss was a dwarf. The man had built his armor, he was the one who had ultimately given Zero his lease on life by exceeding the expectations based on the armor's design information.

<Rank image pending...>

Scyntor: Oh and this is my new best friend Zero...no...noooo...don't point the big experimental plasma weapon at the nice rebel leader...
 Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, July 05th 2007 07:10pm    Post subject:

"Ahh, Colonel General!" Mejaque raised his arms with a hearty welcome to the big man, he casually slung a salute onto the end of the gesture, before clasping his hands behind his back.

"As for Black Group," the dwarf made a grand gesture to the heavy-containment door behind him "They are most eager to meet you." with the flick of a personal transponder in the cuff of his uniform the doors slid open - Mejaque stepped forwards to lead Scyntor but the big man stopped him with a large hand,

"I will happilly talk to them alone General Khryss...General Zero however, requires your attention."

Hesitantly, Mejaque stepped back and saluted curtley "Aye Colonel General..." he didn't like the idea of leaving Black Group with Scyntor, but he swallowed his jealous garding of his project and nodded - pacing away to the turbolift. He stepped into the lift, glancing back towards Scyntor before the doors sealed - he released the sigh of annoyance he had been holding in since his dissmissal and muttered his passcode to the lift, "Lab Zero Zero Two."

[E Deck], harmonised the lift comm-unit, causing Mejaque to shudder - he had to modify the voice of the ship...it was beginning to really tick him off. He stormed out of the lift when it stopped at E-Deck, nearly tripping a pair of stormtroopers coming the other way - he didn't bother to stop and hear their apologies, just made a bee-line for Lab 002.

The Research Center was spartan, clean and white filled with the necessary equipment for Mejaques work - he waved away some of the techs that gawped at the alien cyborg. "Ahh, so...Zero...or General as I shall now call ye..."

The cyborg seemed confused by Mejaque's words, but seemed to put it aside - the dwarf nodded to him and paced around the cyborg "Right...ye understand yer here for a refit? And that I am going to have to place you in a state of suspended animation again?"
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, July 05th 2007 07:53pm    Post subject:

Zero watched the diminutive Senior General, taking in his words. He didn't know he'd have to be put back into stasis for the refit. Thought the idea didn't appeal to him, he didn't see that he had much choice. Thoughts raced through his mind on how this refit would affect him. Nobody had said any details; and Scyntor's absence from this meeting was slightly disconcernting. Of course, he knew the Colonel-General was a busy man. Zero knew he simply had to trust Khryss, he did, after all, design the armor from the ancient files.

Reaching up to his head, Zero removed his helm, deactivating the backup processors that it ran, fortunately, the speech programs were located in the main armor. " I understand, General Khryss, I assume there is a station onboard this fine vessel to disengage the armor and processors from myself?"

<Rank image pending...>

Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, July 08th 2007 03:01pm    Post subject:

Scyntor stepped through the doors, letting them hiss to a close behind him before moving into the light. Before him, the pale red glow of the rudimentary photoreceptors stared back at him, and the excited whispers coming from the linked vocabulators. "It's him! The Colonel-General!" they spoke excitedly to one another, exchanging hushed tones before they seemed to remember themselves. The one in the jar to the fore, the one he knew was designated as Zero One, seemed to take charge of the situation. "Sir, on behalf of the rest of us in Black Group I welcome you."

Scyntor smiled and grabbed a chair, turning it to face the jars. Taking a seat, he folded his hands and propped them under his chin, looking it straight in the photoreceptor. "Zero One, it is a pleasure to meet you in the flesh. Well, so to speak." A smile, and a hesitation... as much as they were needed for this project he felt a pang of guilt at not being able to tell them beforehand, and for putting them through the pain of being shot and nearly killed just so their brains could be harvested for this prototype technology. Nevertheless, by joining the Corps they understood that their lives belonged to him, and this was the way it needed to be. "How do you like your new accommodations?"

The voice of the lead unit was bright and cheerful, and the inflection told him that the vocabulator was designed to mimic human emotion through other sensors placed on the surface of the cerebral cortex. "Sir, they are fine, and we are all happy to be here. General Khryss says we are going to be a part of a new project, and we are all excited to be selected." The others voiced their affirmation in respectful tones, and a thought crossed his mind as he leaned back.

Perhaps, Scyntor mused, Khryss had wiped their immediately preceding memories and made them forget about being shot. Perhaps, even altered them to ensure they believed they had volunteered to have their brains harvested for the dreams of a nearly-mad scientist. It was a very sensible precaution to take, and inwardly the Colonel-General made a note to thank Khryss for it. "I am pleased to hear about it. General Khryss is currently assisting the man that will become, in a week and a half, your commanding officer. I will be sure to introduce him to you when the time is right."

Zero One was silent for a moment, as if contemplating. Scyntor watched the diagnostic monitors above him, the flashes of light that indicated synaptic response without vocal manifestation, and knew there were considerations being made. After another moment the electronic voice spoke, more subdued but still cheerful. "Sir, it will be our honor to meet him in due time, but for the moment we... kind of like the anonymity we have here. Will we be able to stay with each other and not as part of the larger Corps?"

Scyntor smiled again, nodding. He would be happy to make that concession, especially considering the sensitivity of the project at hand. It took him only a moment to confirm it with the bureaucratic part of his mind, that tiny voice that told him when he was being insane for doing something, like letting an unknown Xenos command his strike forces or letting a dwarf with a history of outlandish project take some of his best minds for his own purposes. This time, however, he agreed with it. "Granted, Zero One. The only ones you will see that you do not have to actively request to see will be myself. General Khryss, General Zero, and the corps of engineers that will be responsible for keeping your new bodies together."

A sound like a relieved sigh escaped them, and as their time progressed Scyntor interviewed them about their experiences and knowledge, how they felt about the project at large, and other matters of a classified nature that they would be working with. He was impressed with their teachings and ingrained aptitude, they seemed beyond what regular troopers were. He continued talking with them while Khryss worked with the armor, and would remain there until Mejaque returned.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, July 12th 2007 06:17pm    Post subject:

"Aye, General - if you would just step back a moment..."

In reflection Khryss judged the alien to be quite responsive to orders and certainly in possesion of a certain naivity - something that Scyntor could easily use to control him. The moment the cyborg stepped back robotic arms and restraints strapped in around him - this caused momentary alarm to the alien, something that amused Khryss immencely. He held up a reassuring hand to Zero,

"Dinnae struggle General this is all part of the process," his voice was quite heavily laced with condencending tones - with a snap-hiss a pair of needles thudded into the jugular veign of the creature, pumping him full of traque's and relaxants putting him in a near comatose state in a manner of seconds, clambering up on a footstall Mejaque peeled the aliens eyelid open, checked to ensure he was under the effects of the drug and then motioned to a Corps technitian at a nearby station.

With a loud crack, much like the sound made when a crustacian is broken open, the mechanical arms of the restraint structure tore open the armoured shell of the alien and dumped onto a trolley - more precise arms swung in to remove the endoskeleton that contained the aliens data-files and the majority of his conciousness.

Khryss folded his arms behind his back and looked at the nude form of the alien, hanging within the restraint structure - a martyr of a long forgotten cause. He sneered and turned away from Zero "Prep the lab for cyborging operations - activate the Emdee Six team - and download the aliens data into the capsule for transfer.

With a hiss the restraint structure jerked to life, dragging Zero's form through another set of blast-doors to a pristine lab, empty of organic surgeons. Curious as all droids were, the pure-white MD-6 surgeon's viewed the subject placed before them - after the group had examined Zero with varied scanners, the lead unit glanced up at Khryss in the lab's isolated observation platform, "Subjects biomatter shows he has a eighty-percent correlation with the human DNA structure - he is ideally suited to the implants - shall we move on to a full neural diagnostic?"

"Aye," muttered Khryss "Proceed..."
 Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, July 18th 2007 10:22am    Post subject:

The chief MD-6 bent over Zero's back, restraints were locked in place around the aliens body holding him on his front - clasping the blond ponytail in a metalic hand the surgeon-droid lifted it up and with its free hand it traced a laser cutter across the skin cutting around the hair rather than through it - with a swift motion it peeled Zero's scalp forwards - the laser cutter working around the skin of his neck and peeling the skin there apart too.

With the base of the skull and upper spinal column removed the MD-6 cut through the bone of the vertibre and skull - removing the off-cut sections to a small dish at the edge of the operation table the droid slid back allowing another of the MD-6 team to move forwards - this droid was more customised than its fellow - four arms, two bearing micro-tools for neural surgery and another bearing cybernetic implanters. With a swift movement the machines hands were pressed into the exposed spinal tissue and brain - the microtools like little worms working their way around inside - as soon as the initial surgery had been completed the second set of arms lowered - weaving between the first pair implanting cybernetic replacements for neural and spinal tissue working the implants deep inside of the aliens skull working from the deepest point to the visible sections, turning the exposed areas into a mass of metal and wire.

The chief unit of the black surgeon-droid's turned its red gaze towards the waiting Khryss, "Primary neural diagnosis and cybernetic implanting complete and successful ready to move onto instalation of cybernetic jack and final neural implantation."

Khryss shifted on his feet and then nodded "Proceed."

The droids returned to the subject, a third unit, this one armed with slighty heavy cyborging equpment whent to work on the back of the Generals head placing large metal plates on the exposed area micro-tools working underneath the plates to attatch connectors before the placement of a small uplink jack directly into the center of Zero's neck - Khryss smilled - the Alien might have been useless in his mind before but now he had his uses.

The General activated the commlink in his shirt collar "Colonel-General Scyntor - we are ready to move onto the final stage of Zero's cybernetic implantation operation - if you would like to observe, now is the best time, sir."
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, July 19th 2007 09:09am    Post subject:

The discussions with the members of Black Group were proving to be most interesting. Even though he knew them in their full corporeal forms, he could not help but be amazed at the level of coherence, cognizance, intelligence they all shared. Whether it was an augmentation of peripheral processors or new insights gained when loosing a physical body he couldn't say, but he did know that it was a marvel and that they were perfect for the project.

Scyntor started as he heard the commlink, turning to the wall panel as Khryss' voice came through. "Colonel-General Scyntor - we are ready to move onto the final stage of Zero's cybernetic implantation operation - if you would like to observe, now is the best time, sir." It was time... he wanted to see exactly how Zero would take the new implants, and his comfort with the new neural jack.

Standing and saluting the brains of black Group, he flicked the comm from receive to send, speaking softly. "Very good, General. Double-check safety protocols and diagnostics, I will be there in three minutes." he turned to the project members again, thinking of the project, then turned and exited the secure facility.

Walking through the halls he passed sentries of Phase II Dark Troopers, who did not react at all to his passing. The programming was immaculate, and they were the perfect guards for this level of the facilities: they would obliterate anything not in their databanks on sight, without prejudice. The soft metallic clanking of their magnapods on the floor resounded in the sterile hall, mingling with the hiss of the turbolift doors. He pressed the button to take him to E-deck, his mind already processing the next projects.

The doors hissed open, and stormtroopers parted their ranks and saluted as Scyntor nearly ran between those doors and the research lab. The door hissed open, to reveal the form of General Khryss looking through a transparisteel window at Zero's form, the faintly pulsing grey mass of his brain glistening with sterile cleaning solution, the electrodes of the intracranial implants resting on a polished durasteel tray beside one of the Emdee surgical 'droids. It was an impressive sight to behold...

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.

Last edited by Thanates Scyntor on Wed, July 25th 2007 12:05pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, July 25th 2007 12:06pm    Post subject:

Bright white lights shone down upon a large stainless durasteel table, upon a white-clothed, unconscious xenos creature. At the head of the table, clothed in a sterile black uniform and mask and surrounded by medical ‘droids and high-precision instruments, stood the head of his research and development department General Mejaque Khryss. Long blonde hair spilled forward from the creatures head, still attached to a pale white scalp that was pulled up much like a mask, to expose the pure white bone of Zero’s skull. Bone saws whirred, and the high-pitched whine of metal on bone resounded in the medical theater aboard the Arc Hammer II, for an audience of one.

Colonel-General Thanates Scyntor, commander of all Imperial Stormtrooper forces, stood behind ballistics-grade transparisteel to oversee the project. The ancient mechanical devices Khryss employed were crude and lacking the technical finesse he had personally outfit this research vessel with, but the end results would be the same and he would not begrudge the diminutive toymaker this small expression of his distaste towards the being. As the circuit neared completion, the table shuddered slightly as it tightened the restraint bands on the creature, and automatically summoned one of the lesser ‘droids to hold the hair back.

As the small, wheeled cybernetic creature moved to obey the commands of the facility, Khryss looked up to the silent form of the Colonel-General and offered a half-salute before tugging gently. Through the amplifying systems in the suite Scyntor heard the soft sucking sound of the brain trying to hold the back of the skull in place, then the soft whoosh resounded as the bone finally gave way to expose the grey mass of Zero’s cerebral cortex. A heads-up display projecting on the transparisteel showed a close-up of the cerebral folds, as well as the lazy pulsing of the General’s sedated bloodstream in the network of veins and arteries covering the surface.

Scyntor tapped a command into the theater subsystems, and a computerized feminine voice spoke to him. ”Real-time diagnostic systems online, all life signs stable.” Scyntor grunted slightly in acknowledgment, mostly to himself, then nodded at Khryss for him to begin the process of installing intra-cranial stimulus nodes and heuristic adaptation subroutines to keep his newest project alive should anything happen to the armor that was developed.

Khryss seemed to roll his eyes as he started the process, having one of the MD-6 ‘droids mark the brain with non-toxic absorbable dyes as he walked over to a table arrayed with tiny computer chips, hair-thin superconducting data relays, and sub-computers loaded with adaptive programs small enough to rest easily on his little fingernail. Zero’s body flinched as certain places on the cortex were subjected to mild electric shocks, the ‘droid “brain” mapping the brain to place the pads most effectively.

The General busied himself with running high-level diagnostics of the mechanicals that were going to be implanted in the Xenos’ brain, leaving Scyntor to stand and watch. The Colonel-General’s hands tightened around the head of a long cane, carved from a single vein of Adegan crystal he discovered while trying to make his fortune on Dantooine. A rare vein, completely devoid of Force presence (or at least, that is what the old-timers in the bar had said), it was useless to anyone looking to build a lightsaber. However, Scyntor liked the look of the pale blue translucence of the crystal, and had spent four years sculpting and carving it into the cane he used to this day.

Hours passed, the mechanical patience of the medical ‘droids allowing them to map every square millimeter of the creature’s brain without overlap or error while Mejaque finished checking the equipment. When the last monofilament link was confirmed to be at peak efficiency, he turned to face the MD-6 that had confirmed the mapping complete. Khryss’ voice was soft in the medical theater as he spoke to the mechanical beings under his command, looking over Emdee’s shoulder at a holoemitter. “Project holoscan of mapped areas of the brain, double scale, and overlay suggested roots for stimulus nodes.”

The ‘droids human mimicry subroutines made the head nod, then a soft electrical humming resounded as the emitters began to overlay layer upon layer of brain, small red letters and numbers titling lines pointing to various areas of the cortex. Khryss looked it over, then used a handheld datalink to move the position of three of the suggested interface modules by a matter of microns, and then nodded to himself again. Turning, Mejaque walked out of the surgical bay and into the clean-room, then took a small turbolift up to where Scyntor was observing.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, July 27th 2007 07:15pm    Post subject:

The hand of the lead Em Dee skittered over the surface of the implant, tightening the connections between the unit itself and the cybernetic neural pathways that now stretched throughout the aliens brain, it didn’t take long – the hand quickly retracted the surgeon unit moving in and wrapping the implant back into Zero’s body, leaving only the long spiked cap of the neural implant’s uplink port sticking up through the blood and tissue – focusing its glowing photoreceptors it pulled the open sections of Zero’s skin back into place leaving only the cap standing out of the skin.

Mejaque ran a quick eye over the patient diagnostics – barely disguised as his dislike for the alien was, he was still at the mercy of Scyntor if the Colonel General’s pet had to end up in a standardised Imperial Military casket – he activated the comms unit between the observation module and the surgical bay “Can we nae have a progress report?”

The MD-6’s reacted with something that could almost be translated as the droid version of a very dark scowl – its head swivelling suddenly round in a blaze of red from its bright photoreceptors, “This is a delicate process, sir.” grated its mechanical voice “Impatience otherwise the operation is completed as a full success.

Mejaque allowed himself a smug little smile and cut the comms unit turning away from the glass and towards Scyntor, “Aye, as you might have observed before Sir…the Em Dee Six develops a wee bit of a superiority complex – if it wasn’t such a good unit…I’d have the lead one scrapped.” He ran his hands over the bank of controls at the back of the observation module “I’m goin’ to move the subject into a bacta pod – give it a chance to heal from this operation before we proceed to full scale cybernetics in the morrow.” He punched a command into the controls – causing the mechanical rig that had transported Zero into the surgical bay to lower – its droid arms hugging the body against the cold durasteel of the back, with a hiss a clawed unit clipped the cap off of the neural uplink and sent a plug, a neural interface datajack, into the port.

Zero’s eyes flickered momentarily as a surge of digital information passed into the neural interface - restoring the information transferred from his old armour – and cleaning his neural pathways for later information boosters. The rig carried Zero out of sight leaving Mejaque and Scyntor alone with the MD-6 units that busied themselves with the clean up of the surgery bay, “As I said sir, the subject will be in bacta for a few hours, I’m goin’ to catch some shuteye before the next stage – I’d advise ye do the same, but the subject will be available for inspection immediately.” The diminutive General saluted before exiting the observation module, leaving Scyntor alone.

Last edited by Mejaque Khryss on Fri, July 27th 2007 07:17pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, August 01st 2007 04:01am    Post subject:

As Khryss walked out of the observation bay, Scyntor looked back to the surgical table that had held Zero in place. A deep breath passed through his lips, the air coming out in a soft growl as he considered the next phase of this surgery. Of course the difficult part was over, the neural implants would keep him alive should something happen to the armor. However, the new problem of enhancing his endoskeletal structure to provide an appropriate base for what would be their penultimate powered armor... that presented a new series of challenges.

Khryss was still displaying his dislike for the xenos, though the Colonel-General's commanding presence was enough to give even the old toymaker pause before acting out on his impulses. Scyntor made a mental note to reward the man later, before a smile creased his lips. The ship around them, currently adrift in the middle of deep space, was reward enough and would provide him with an endless source of amusement and intrigue, and as such would keep him occupied.

However, he was still a Stormtrooper, and that presented unique challenges all its own. In this time of tense peace he was content to remain in the labs, working on projects and research for the Corps to enhance their capabilities, but if there came a time a war then Mejaque would invariably request to be on the front lines. The Stormtroopers would respond to his orders, their loyalty transcended any xenophobia they had in their previous lives, but just like Zero he needed certain augments to ensure his survival in this, the most hazardous position in the Empire.

Scyntor thought back to his own customized suit of Phase-III Dark Trooper armor, and to the augmented armor that Zero would obtain after he proved himself in his first ground campaign, and the decision was made. A customized Phrik exoskeleton, capable of absorbing the fire he would take, would prove optimal to ensure they both got what they wanted. Turning, the Colonel-General seated himself on one of the benches and leaned back, closing his eyes. He did not know how long Khryss would take, but he didn't want to miss a single bit of the process.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, August 11th 2007 01:28am    Post subject:

The secure commlink chimed, rousing Scyntor from his light sleep as Zero was brought back into the medical bay for the next round of surgeries. The Colonel-General turned to the comm station and gave his voice authorization, then listened to the transmission at hand. The voice was hushed, intended for his ears alone, but the words that were spoken told him enough. He was going to have to take a rain check on observing Zero's surgical status. Turning to the vocal transmission module he spoke to Khryss, looking refreshed from his own power nap, and ready to get the next phase of the augmentation.

"There has been a change of plans, General, and I'm afraid I must take my leave. Continue with the operation, ensure he remains safe. I want him ready for duty in no less than one week, send him back with the Flagstone. Scyntor turned to the shipwide command console and pressed a series of commands including his alphanumeric authorization, and the ship slowed to sublight speeds somewhere in deep space.

Ten minutes later, a Lambda-class shuttle, given the title of Bullseye, dropped out of the hangar bay and set its course for Kuat. As the starlines blurred, the warning chimes of the shuttle indicated that the Arc Hammer IIwas on its way across a different vector, leaving its location unknown in the universe except by a select few aboard Strike Force Omega's flagship, and the Emperor. Scyntor relaxed, closing his eyes to get a bit more sleep on his way to Kuat... great and terrible events were brewing, and he needed every ounce of his wits to bring it to be.

Thanates Scyntor is enroute to Kuat

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, August 14th 2007 07:30pm    Post subject:

The scaples of the surgeon droids cut deep into Zero, pulling open flesh and sinewey muscle - deep inside of the creatures body they broke open the bones and ground them down, inserting hard durasteel rods against the bones and securing gyro units in the joints to reinforce them - afixing small neural units flowing up to the implant in the back of the aliens neck.

Khryss paced in a circle around the working droids, even without the armour completed or denied to Zero on the basis of his unproven status as an officer the alien would be capable of advanced strength.

-

The diminutive General didn't bother waiting from the scars of the operation to heal on Zero before he left for Kuat - with Zero carefully placed in stasis pod in the rear of his shuttle.

Khryss and Zero are enroute to Kuat in a shuttle.

Last edited by Mejaque Khryss on Tue, August 14th 2007 07:31pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, January 10th 2008 09:02am    Post subject:

Since the event on Coruscant, the Colonel-General had thrown himself into the administrative duties of his work. Re-assigning planetary garrisons, preparing the initial bases for the systems being established on the newer planets being added to the fold of the Empire, and keeping his commanders in check while forces were slowly being built up had taken much of his energy, and Thanates was looking forward to a bit of respite.

Well, respite in the only way he knew how to take it.

He had taken his temporary leave and, rather than vacationing to a tropical paradise, he had gone to one of the only places where he could allow the darker side of his creativity to flourish: the Arc Hammer II. Since its christening, the ship had proven to be a valuable asset in the creation and continued research into many projects. Its commander, General Mejaque Khryss, was a reflection of the Colonel-General's fascination with the machinations and the technical detail of war, and he had plans for making use of the dwarf's talents.

The Flagstone, his personal shuttle, had docked with the research vessel some time ago, but Thanates had conducted standard inspections of the manufacturing facilities and the various research labs, and had held long discussions with another of the greatest minds in the field: Maximillian Corsova. Now, however, he did not need the scientist's passive views on battle, he needed something much more active.

Ascending to the bridge, commanded as it was by 'droids slaved to vocal orders and to responding to sensor anomalies, Scyntor met the diminutive General at the helm of the magnificent craft. After exchanging formal protocols, Scyntor allowed himself to smile for the first time in months and took a seat beside the integrated command chair. "You've kept things in greater order than I expected, Mejaque, I must say I am impressed. How are things progressing with Project C-1485?"

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.

Last edited by Thanates Scyntor on Fri, January 11th 2008 12:20pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Prospero-class codename "Arc Hammer II"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: