}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Shit...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Announcements » Shit...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 08:40am    Post subject: Shit...

Yeah, it's my fault. Ams was trying to help me with my conflict that arose on Denon; and I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I feel terrible... commence the bashing. I know I've said it a couple times before, but I guess I'll leave, too.

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora
Leader of The Unknowns, Rogue Jedi, Smexy
The Hugh Hefner of Homicide

Jedi Powers: FS Roll
DT-III Armor: Having the right connections
Mace Windu's Lightsaber: Clever plotting
Getting away with murder: Priceless

Holder of the 10,000th post

Expand
 Back to top »
Airen Cracken
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 09:59am    Post subject:

You're not the only one, don't be all melodramatic. We're all asses.
 Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 10:07am    Post subject:

Ack, guys, don't take it too personally. While certain elements of the game contributed to Ams' problems, I'm getting the feeling he has something going on in his personal life that he needs to deal with. Just endure, we can get through this.

2084rpg.net - Business, science, intrigue, and rebellion.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 10:10am    Post subject:

The situation between Arlyn and myself has sparked a tremendous amount of aggression. Our rivalry seemed to be taking a lethal toll on everyone, and it is for no good reason.

If any of you had bothered to talk to us before starting your own mini-wars, you would see that although the characters loathe each other, Alex and I remain pleasant acquaintances, free of the conflict and rage that our characters represent to one another. It is for the sake of the game that we play, not for real-life emotions, and all of you are guilty of taking things at face value.

The moral of this story is you need to ask questions, you need to get the whole story before drawing your own conclusions. This goes not only for the players but the CMAC as well - I'm in the middle of several storylines that go against the grain of traditional play, storylines that will pique interest and cause conflict. But rest assured that all of this OOC shit that is going around is unjustified, and everyone just needs to chill out.

That being said, I refuse to accept the fact that either Ams or Jase are leaving. They both love this game too much, and it's all of the OOC bullshit that is driving them away. It is what drove Nubis away despite five successful attempts on my part to bring him back. I blame all of the OOC bickering and political crap that has infected this board with its cancer, and quite frankly I am ashamed, right now, to be a part of this game.

To the rest of you, either shape up or ship out. This game doesn't need players like you to drag it down.

--Roderick

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brote Heckler
Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 10:53am    Post subject:

I've had to come to similar conclusions, unfortunately it had always been my personality to spark conflict, because quite frankly I loved it, its how I grew up.

Doesn't make one popular, but its the truth, when the game was young I was a source of contempt for all of CMAC before it was even CMAC, I tried to play even a whole part of the board against the admins.

Obviously my attempts to push Ams were delayed in effect, I'm not even sure they had anything to do with him leaving now. My story lines have always had the worst controversy, many of the rules have been applied to stop me, hell, I probably wrote the rule book with what I've done around here.

I can tell you I'm not surprised I don't have a wrack of warnings, instead only have one. :roll:

None the less, I've learned my lesson every time and its all because of Ams that I am a law abiding citizen of the forum at this point, though I hate to say it, even trying to cooperate with Gavin, and that was no small ego gap there.

It be nicer if we weren't so hated for our egos, but it certainly has provided an environment where we watch ourselves consistently, so our characters aren't changed by our own personality defects, which i had no shortage of.

I'm sure, where ever Ams is, he will return a stronger person as I always did. I'm sure he doesn't have the same problems as I do, no one probably does quite frankly, trust me on that, but Ams will always return stronger maybe even changed from that uptightedness he always exudes when it comes to judgment. :P
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 11:04am    Post subject:

From what I've seen it seems that often these arguments start when people see the RPG as a 'game' which must be 'won'. There's no need to fight each other for 'points'. I think a lot of these arguments are words spoken in anger, and that's terrible.

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911
 Back to top »
Brote Heckler
Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 11:06am    Post subject:

Hey, its healthy competition, that goes out of control usually. :P
 Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 11:13am    Post subject:

WHY DON'T YOU JUST BACK OFF, OKAY? I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR SHIT, BROTE! JUST DIE!

:P

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 11:59am    Post subject:

Hey, it's none of your fault, guys. Jase, you were not the straw that broke the camel's back. And if you go anywhere, I will hunt you down, glue you to your computer, and block out every site but SWRPGs. :p

Seriously. Don't blame yourselves. It's mostly stuff in my real life.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 01:48pm    Post subject:

Carnor Jax wrote:
It is what drove Nubis away despite five successful attempts on my part to bring him back. I blame all of the OOC bickering and political crap that has infected this board with its cancer, and quite frankly I am ashamed, right now, to be a part of this game.

I realise that I am very much responsible for the political stuff, starting all my threads intended to bait people and stuff. If it will do any good, then I will promise that the next time I allow myself to spark off a conflict I will leave the forums.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 01:53pm    Post subject:

Velora Antana wrote:
From what I've seen it seems that often these arguments start when people see the RPG as a 'game' which must be 'won'. There's no need to fight each other for 'points'. I think a lot of these arguments are words spoken in anger, and that's terrible.

That is exactly it. But this games goes way beyond that. It's as much about writing a kick ass story with interesting characters as it is battles. In fact, it may even be moreso. How I see it, war games are fun as long as it has a purpose - meaning, it's there to support the story. This isn't about mindless war and random battles.

As for Ams - he truly does need this time off. Last night was pretty rough with everything going on and we both came to a decision that some vacation time is the way to go. It's no one's fault, really, just a lot of things building up all at once. So, let's give him some room and allow him the free time he deserves. :)

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Brote Heckler
Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 02:03pm    Post subject:

I'm all up for that, but will that mean CMAC won't be deciding on anything for awhile, like the 6 things that are ahead of my issue? :)
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 02:05pm    Post subject:

No, they still better work on those. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 02:15pm    Post subject:

Uh, how can we since the only person who does designs with you gone is Cray?

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 02:16pm    Post subject:

Will you still be around to RP or are you leaving us entirely for a while? :?

Back to top »
Brote Heckler
Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 02:16pm    Post subject:

Carlist Rieekan wrote:

I realise that I am very much responsible for the political stuff, starting all my threads intended to bait people and stuff. If it will do any good, then I will promise that the next time I allow myself to spark off a conflict I will leave the forums.

Ross, you've always made me laugh with your political attitudes, the stuff you do on here is always welcome by me. Just because you are so political or controversial, which you really aren't, its always a pleasure to actually see you sociable. :P
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 02:38pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Ozzy does designs too... Cray just has to do them with him. :p

Quote:
Will you still be around to RP or are you leaving us entirely for a while? :?

I'll be here. I'm just seperating myself from the admins until I can trust myself again. I'll just be a normal member.

As for politics... it's just too touchy a subject. Opinions tends to be pretty strong in this crowd. :p

And Rory, be nice. No one is leaving, I hope. I know I'm not. I'm just taking a break from my admin duties. That's all. It's just taking some weight off. No one should be ashamed or upset with anyone. I overreacted to certain things, and I showed that I'm not currently able to perform my job. So, I'm taking some time off to put things back together. This is no one's fault but my own. I cannot stress that enough.

Expand

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Mon, April 16th 2007 03:17pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Dr. Gregory House, M.D.
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 04:44pm    Post subject:

Han Solo wrote:

Cray? Who's that?
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 04:52pm    Post subject:

Okay now that the forum has had a much needed heart to heart, I'll toss my feelings in there as well.

Carnor and Arlyn may hate and bickor In Character, however, Rory and I nearly laugh at all the fighting. His post describes it well, so I'll leave it at that.

I've been a player here for a very long time. I know what it's like to lose perspective and go crazy with side plots and the ploys to power. There are times when I get so wrapped up in a side story... that I lose control over my real self, and become the person that wants to win the game. Which before these past weeks, I thought it would be galactic domination, or absolutely crushing the Empire through whatever means. But Solo, over the weeks has shown that this entire community is not here to try and win, but to tell the kick ass story we will ALL remember for the rest of our lives.

In a couple of years we will all look back at this three episode writing saga and we'll remember the great times, the bad times, but in the end, I hope we will all smile. Cause here and now, we're a forum family. :P And I'll be damned if we lose Ams Jendob or Jase Denora because of OOC confusion. (though Ams admitted other things are in play in his life)

Jase, you've ignored my private messages and instant messages but know this. Arlyn ICly feels for Jase many ways. She hates him, she pities him, she doesn't really know what to think. You killed Calias, yet allowed Ryan in to her life. So there are many chapters to your redemption in her eyes. I've tried telling you that living in the Alliance is tough when you were a serial, crazy ass killer. Because we tend to avoid and jail them. :P

You were told by Cray and myself that your road to redemption would take a very long time. That you were in servitude for MONTHS, with time to prove yourself worthy of respect, honor and dignity among our ranks. It was never meant to be easy IC for Jase to achieve where he stands now.

I dunno. Just reconsider your leave from the Rebellion, and maybe we can work something out? I have NOTHING against losing Calias, I'm glad that character is dead.

Ryan > Calias / just remember that. :P
Brote Heckler
Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 04:59pm    Post subject:

I miss him, never had a better galactic domination partner, of course I wanted to kill him to, so I can understand. :P
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 05:05pm    Post subject:

Haha. I miss those days as well.

I'm reconsidering my position in the Alliance, actually. But I would like to speak with Han and Cray before I make any final decisions.
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 05:06pm    Post subject:

Brote, who let you out of your box? :P

In all seriousness, a few steps back are required in order to bring this game back to what it was: a group of like-minded individuals getting together and having fun.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 05:10pm    Post subject:

I agree completely. I think we have all experienced the 'win the game' personality to some extent, and understand how it can destroy our own plots, other players' enjoyment of the game, and even ourselves.

[[[ Which by the way, I'm trying to right the wrongs in Arlyn's past, to re-intregrate her better into the Rebellion to stop any more silent tirades. ha! ]]]
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 05:17pm    Post subject:

Alex, I know exactly how long Jase has. I've been in contact with Crayabot it. I've been counting the months. Hell, I was going to have Jase stay in the Alliance well after his probation was over. The pure fact of the matter is that you had Arlyn go straiht from waning to save his life, to outright hating him again in two consecutive times of seeing him. True, I felt a lot of anger in there when I saw your first post in the funeral. All I could think of was....GRUDGE. So, yes, OOC anger fueled Jase's response to seeing her at the funeral.

I haven't ignored your PMs. Again, vindictive enough to sound like... GRUDGE. I mean, honestly, look at it from my point of view. All I saw in your post was pure hatred for him. Not even the faintest mention of how she had saved his lifeor actually pitied him. Had your post not been an outright expression of hatred and disgust for Jase, my response might hve been better. In fact, I had a a response planned that was going to show just how grateful and humble Jase could be. Instead, you posted an expession of hate and I responded justly. Wrong? Yes.

However, you cannot expect me not to be angry about it. Has Jase killed innocents? Yes. Does he regret it? Yes. I have stated explicitly ICly that Jase regrets his decision to kill Calias. The fact of the matter is, Jase is not a "serial, crazyass killer." He has made mistakes, yes. Though, in his history, which I really need to write for reference, he has killed far more criminals than innocents. He may enjoy killing, but he is still human and does have a code of ethics.

I am also sick and tired of every single Jedi calling him evil because he is Dark Side adept. Using the Dark Side does not make him evil! :evil: It is simply a point of irony I like to use. Here is a man that is usually emotionally devoid, yet he is strongest when using a power that relies on emotions.

In closing, Jase is not a bad guy. He is and always will be the quintessential anti hero. Did OOC anger and frustration fuel my response to you, yes. But, I would invite you to look at it from my perspective. If I could go back and edit, retcon it to what it was supposed to be, I would. However, Jase's original response would not be appropriate to what you wrote first.

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora
Leader of The Unknowns, Rogue Jedi, Smexy
The Hugh Hefner of Homicide

Jedi Powers: FS Roll
DT-III Armor: Having the right connections
Mace Windu's Lightsaber: Clever plotting
Getting away with murder: Priceless

Holder of the 10,000th post

Expand
 Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, April 16th 2007 05:19pm    Post subject:

I'm trying to change Surge from the classic n00by character of 'abide by my own laws like Han Solo only awfully done' to, well something. :P It's working out.

Grand Air Marshal Surge Skyes

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Announcements » Shit...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: