}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
New Century Technology Offices
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Ord Mantell » New Century Technology Offices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren Charr

Post Posted: Tue, April 03rd 2007 09:34pm    Post subject: New Century Technology Offices

Death. It had occupied his mind for quite some time now. It had been several weeks since he had killed the small family that occupied the apartment several kilometers away.

He had been locating the source of an electrical malfunction within the living area, when the father had entered. Darren smirked to himself at the thought of his own father... The man had reminded him of that sick, twisted old fool. The same drunken swagger, the slurring of words and inability to get across coherent thoughts.. And the fear.

The fear the children had exhibited when the man walked into the room. He recognized that fear instantly for what it was, because it had been his own so long ago. Darren felt a slight pang of regret for what he had done, but the children were witnesses, and as such, had to be disposed of.

It wasn't his fault... The father had entered the room, reeking of alcohol, demanding why it took so long for Darren to get to his problem, accusing him of everything from incompetence to deliberately trying to anger the man as some part of joke. After two minutes, Darren lost control of his actions, and had injured the man with a hydrospanner. As he lay there bleeding from the head wound Darren had caused, his eyes settled upon his children, trying but failing to warn them away.

But it was too late. In the instant Darren had lost control, he had regained his mental awareness, and had already begun running over every possible outcome. In the end, he settled on the one that would ensure he would stay out of prison.

Sighing, Darren looked up from the blank wall he had been staring at while reliving the experience, and slowly brought his thumb to his mouth, biting down slightly. It was a nervous habit of his that he had never been able to shake. After he had disposed of the children, he made sure the father was dead, with another blow to his right temple and collected all of his tools. He hadn't touched a single conduit in the room, or any panel. He thoroughly checked for anything that might have linked him with the murder, then left. Of course... The man had called Darren a week before about the problem, and if the authorities went that far back into the man's phone records, they'd see that the two men had talked. However, Darren had been busy that week, and was unable to make it to the man's apartment for an entire week. And even then, he had notified no one that he was going to that particular apartment, and the facility's security cameras were just for show... He knew that, because he had performed extensive work on the complex, and there was no system connected to the dummy cameras.

Even though he had left no evidence that he was aware of, Darren couldn't shake the feeling of anxiety that he was feeling. Surely the police would find out eventually, and arrest him. Even then, that wasn't his only problem... He had been dreaming of that day ever since, but the dream did not elicit feelings of terror, but of excitement.. Of joy. He even felt as though he wanted to... He couldn't consciously finish that thought... Pinching the bridge of his nose between his thumb and fore-finger, he sighed heavily yet again.

What was happening to him?
Darren Charr

Post Posted: Sat, April 07th 2007 10:28pm    Post subject:

One week... One week, and he had killed over twelve people. For reasons he couldn't understand, he was just compelled to kill them. On one hand, those that he killed deserved it. Dysfunctional people who were just a detriment to society, and their children who would grow up just like them. It exhilarated him. He was the person who decided if they could continue to be detriments, could continue to be a drain on society, pulling in welfare, and governmental help.

Even if there was a small chance someone in the families he had killed would have grown up to be productive, he had still saved them from years of torment, and abuse. The kind only their fathers would've been happy to show them.

There was also the news reports. They were the best. Even though he knew it was wrong, he couldn't help but delight in watching the various crying relatives, and neighbors, exclaiming that "It could've been us," and "Someone has to stop this monster!" They were terrified, and there was nothing they, nor the authorities could do to stop him. He had been careful, and meticulous in his latest murders. Making sure he left no evidence, or trail. Taking precautions to choose only the buildings, or allies that had no surveillance. No... The Police would never catch him... And even as he thought that, he was terrified that they wouldn't. Perhaps he realized he was a monster, but he still couldn't help but feel joy in what he was doing.
Darren Charr

Post Posted: Fri, August 03rd 2007 03:12pm    Post subject:

Fools. Complete, utter, incompetent fools, Darren thought. The security forces had made two arrests in the last week in connection with his own crimes. Mere street criminals...Thugs... With barely enough brains between them to plan a fueling station robbery, let alone murders with no trace of evidence! No.. This wouldn't do. They were underestimating him, making the mistake of thinking he was as stupid as those idiots.

Shaking from rage, and drawing long ragged breaths, Darren tried in vain to get a handle on his temper. Standing up, he began pacing, chewing on his thumb, trying to clear his head. This gross display of idiocy would not be tolerated. He would make sure he had retribution for the security forces slandering his image by detaining foolish thugs.

"Fools," he screamed, backhanding a cup of caf from the top of his computer terminal and into the wall, where it shattered. Turning up the holo-broadcast of the planetary security's latest press conference, Darren stood silent, watching the task force assigned to his capture trip over their own feet in trying to explain why they hadn't pressed charges against their two suspects yet, and why it seemed like they were just grasping for leads.

Turning his head as his door opened, he noticed Jenny, one of the secretaries from down the hall poke her head in, and say, "Sir, is everything alright?" She was a cute girl, long dirty-blonde hair, an athletic physique, and bright blue eyes. However, she wasn't exactly the smartest of girls, which was incredibly annoying.

Quickly shutting off the broadcast, he smiled and said in a warm, yet measuredly stressed voice, "Just having a rough day today. It's nothing to worry about." After glancing at Darren, then at the shattered remnants of his caf cup, and the small dent it had made in the wall, she said, "If you're sure... Do you want me to clean that up, or..?"

"No, it's fine. I can handle it," said Darren, as he shuffled some invoices on his desk, pretending to organize them. With that, the girl seemed satisfied, and said, "Alright. I'll just go back to processing the logs and reports from last week."

SHIT, thought Darren, as he struggled to keep his face passive. He had forgotten to edit the time stamps on his duty logs for the previous week. It left half the day unaccounted for in some places. He would need to deal with that now. "Oh, those. Don't worry about those for today, I have something else I need you to do..."

"Oh," she asked, looking interested in the prospect of doing something other than processing twenty pages of logs.

"Yes, I simply don't have time to process and send out these invoices today. I need you to process them and have them delivered by five," he said, glancing at the clock. It was about an hour's worth of work, and she only had about fifty minutes to do it in. It would keep her from getting to the logs, at least for today. That would give him time to alter them before she came in tomorrow.

"Al-Alright.. I think I can do that," she said nervously. She hadn't been working for the company long, so was probably worried that if she didn't complete them in time, she'd be fired. She was probably right. It would give him the perfect excuse to get rid of her, especially since she had witnessed his seemingly abnormal behavior for the day.

Scooping up the invoices, he handed them to her, and said, "Thanks."

With that, she left to complete the task he had given her. Sighing to himself, Darren shut his office door, and sank back into his chair. Human interaction was a draining affair, even with one as cute as Jenny.

During the past few weeks, Darren had come to the realization that his murdering wasn't out of instinct anymore, or uncontrollable urge. No.. He was smart enough to self-analyze himself. He did it because he enjoyed it. Enjoyed the thrill of seeing the last moment of sheer panic, and terror etched into the faces of the ones he so gruesomely dispatched. It was pure joy to him. Even more was the public outcry, the feeling of helplessness that had fallen over the community since his awakening. Yes... Everywhere he could sense it. The fear, the insecurity.. Everyone was wondering when they were next. Over seventy victims so far, and the security forces were as helpless as the victims!...

YES! There is my retribution for their foolishness! I'll target one of the investigators' families! That will send the message, loud and clear. I will not be underestimated again, and they will know that they are truly out of their league!

Leaning back in his chair, a cruel smile crossing his face, Darren began thinking of how he would execute his next move.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Ord Mantell » New Century Technology Offices
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: