}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
What the...?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » What the...?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 12:59am    Post subject: What the...?

http://swviii.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1799

The Jedi coughed, fell down and arose as a four-thousand year old Sith Lord? No offence, but that's way more un-Skywalker-like than starting the League of Free Worlds.

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:02am    Post subject:

Actually... that's not what happened.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:03am    Post subject:

May I ask what did happen?

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:04am    Post subject:

Why not just ask Luke? This board does have a private messaging system. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:07am    Post subject:

:o It does? OMG why didn't you tell me :P

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:08am    Post subject:

It's a deep, dark secret...

Expand

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:28am    Post subject:

Yeah, like Ams secretly being I said that was a secret - Ams

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:32am    Post subject:

Luke! Tell us what just happened in laymans terms!

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications
YKL-37R Nova Courier Schizophrenia
Stuff abord the Schizophrenia

------------------------------------------------

Star Wars: It doesn't have to make any sense!
 Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 02:18am    Post subject:

Hello. :P

First of all, this plotline has been developed by me and CMAC for quite some time. Shortly after I got the character, to be exact. It's a little complicated and probably kind of stupid to some of you, but in order to get the "real" Luke back and explain his complete and utter change of personality, we had to do something.

So what the HELL happened, you ask? Here's the scoop. Way back in a land known as SWVII, one Luke Skywalker was possessed by the spirit of one Sith Lord Revan. However, there's a problem here. Canonically, Revan restored the Republic, then vanished into the unknown regions. He didn't return to being a Sith Lord, so having him possess Luke's body and try to kill Leia didn't really make any sense for his character.

So, CMAC and I came up with an idea. The spirit wasn't Revan. I decided to make it none-other-than Jorak Uln, a Sith Master from the same era as Revan. The story I'm going by is that Jorak's spirit claimed to be Revan's in order to tarnish the name of the Jedi or something. Besides, the man was clinically insane, so he says some weird things. Nevertheless, try to put this part behind us.

So Leia went to Endor and saved Luke from himself then brought him back home. Or was that Luke? The way we see it is no, it wasn't. Jorak was influencing Skywalker for quite some time, allowing him to gain access to cloning technology through his many connections throughout the galaxy. Thus, a clone was made in secret and developed to be the Luke the galaxy knew and loved. At the point that the clone was the correct age, Jorak fled to Endor.

On Endor, Leia fought with the clone, who was trained by Jorak to act as convincingly like a Sith Lord as possible. However, he was instructed to lose the battle and return to the galaxy. This explains Luke's dramatic change in behavior. The galaxy thought Luke was back to normal, when in reality the REAL Luke was still on Endor plotting to overthrow everything.

This plot also explains the creation of the League of Free Worlds. If an aspiring Sith Lord is going to take over, he'll need an Empire. And the League was his platform.

Time passed and the Galaxy forgot what happened at Endor. But then Luke died of a mysterious illness. So what caused this? Simple! It's none-other-than clone sickness settling in. The clone of Luke's body just simply shut down and caused him to keel over. Meanwhile, the real Luke could finally put his plan into motion, springing from an unexpected shadow after the galaxy thinks him dead.

So why did he contact Leia? Two reasons. One, a Sith Lord needs an apprentice, does he not? And two, Leia was one of Luke's most prominent memories, and after being inactive for such a long time, Jorak wouldn't have remembered a lot of people he met in this era. He probably found Leia's beacon in the Force and figured she'd be easy pickings.

What is to ultimately become of Luke Skywalker? Well, you'll have to see, won't you? :wink:

Okay, so if you think that plotline is lame, I completely agree with you. We just had to come up with something plausible so we could get rid of the "fake" Luke and explain Luke's changes throughout the RPG. My main goal is to put as much distance between me and this plotline as possible and get to more important things. I know it kind of sounds stupid and may not fit perfectly into the realms of realism, but bear with me. You'll like where things are headed. :p

Thanks for reading, and I apologize for the confusion, but in reality, I'm pretty much as confused as you are. :p

Last edited by Luke Skywalker on Sun, March 11th 2007 02:19am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 02:56am    Post subject:

You, sir, are a freaking genious!

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 04:23am    Post subject:

That is a **** of a retcon. You've got stones, boy :D

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911
 Back to top »
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 07:51am    Post subject:

Hey, somebody roleplayed! Nice!
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 12:02pm    Post subject:

That storyline puts even some of my best work to shame - incredibly well-done.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 12:04pm    Post subject:

Aww, now I don't have a reason to be cryptic about it anymore. :(

Expand

Back to top »
Trassk
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 12:15pm    Post subject:

If Revan had possessed Luke, I would have flown to Endor and BDZed the planet myself. No one messes w/ Revan. No one.

:P
-1,165,126 Per Week

"If Godzilla had a gun..."
–Jase Denora

"THE SHARK'S NOT WORKING!"
-Random person working on JAWS

"Beavers and ducks!"
-Some guy on BANDITS.

"I should face my fears by leaping off a roof?"
-Jace

One Trandoshan's a problem. Two is a fight. Three is suicide.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 12:18pm    Post subject:

You know... "Base Delta Zero" is an Imperial code. Everyone else just calls it "OMGWTFPWNTZ" :p

Expand

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 12:29pm    Post subject:

Either that or "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!"

Expand

Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:39pm    Post subject:

You'd only call it that if you were on the recieving end.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:42pm    Post subject:

You know, I think from this storyline, we'll all finally learn the TRUE meaning of Christmas, and for that, we have to give Luke a hand. Three cheers!
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:43pm    Post subject:

I agree. Let's all chip in and buy Luke a new hand.:p

Expand

Back to top »
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:45pm    Post subject:

Quote:
buy Luke a new hand.

Oh? A new bionic one, or are we going to clone another one?
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 01:52pm    Post subject:

Better yet - we surgically graft an ewok to the stump!

Expand

Back to top »
Talon Karrde
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 02:55pm    Post subject:

One would think my main issue with this is that its another contrived attempt to use Luke's enhanced force sensitivity and canon standing to one's personal gains - had you topped the thing off with the real Luke beeing somewere else not possesed by a Sith who...probably really wasn't powerful enough to stick around long enough to actually become a darkside ghost...and then proceed to use Lukes enhanced force to make yourself yet another Sith lord with whome you DON'T have to follow the canon reprisentation of Luke, yet again - then I might have some sympathy.

But as it stands this is just another contrived attempt to avoid having to use a canon character as it is layed out in canon - plus this leads us down the [sarcasm]'fun'[/sarcasm] of every board out there that is overpopulated with prats prancing around and claiming to be the second coming of Revan. I like the concept of a shadowy puppet master using a clone Luke to attempt to take over the galaxy which erases the horrible wrongs the character suffered in its previous incarntation, BUT if you then proceed to run around with the character possesed by a two thousand year old sith master using his enhanced force abilities to establish you the player as another evil sith master character. WHY does it have to be a Sith Lord, I'm sure plenty of the Old Clone-Masters from the clone wars may have survived in hiding and would be attempting to gather more influence - or why can't it even be a rogue Imperial, or even a Corporation...as one knows it take a bloody lot for a beeing to stick around as a force ghost - and if you do you have to be an INSANELY powerful sith lord like Exar Kun and use something like the tombs on Korriban or the temples on Yavin 4 to trap your spirit - most force ghosts seem to dissipate after five years or so and it has to be VERY soon after your death that you posses someone and its incredibly hard to be mobile and manage to survive even ten years without going insane.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 03:24pm    Post subject:

Somehow, a Light Side Jedi doesn't strike me as the possessing type. Also, I can safely say that Luke won't be gallivanting about with Jorak's ghost in him.

Not everyone in this game wants power, you know. ;)

Expand

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Sun, March 11th 2007 03:25pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sun, March 11th 2007 03:41pm    Post subject:

Actually, Volytar, if you have been following the Luke character, you would see he was repossessed due to the fact he was not portrayed canonly. CMAC in conjunction with Tensig helped get a new plotline to return Luke to the canon Luke. Plus, this plotline is partially from VII, as I believe Tensig mentioned.

So, in conclusion, this whole "contrived plot" is not to circumvent canon restrictions. It is, in fact, to restore the character.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » What the...?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: