}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Detention Center - Alliance Security HQ
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Detention Center - Alliance Security HQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, February 22nd 2007 03:54am    Post subject: Detention Center - Alliance Security HQ

The deeper they strode into the bowels of the facility, the more ominous and crude the hallways appeared. Han followed a few paces behind the security receptionist and curled up his nose in disgust as he studied the soiled walls and brown liquid puddling on the walkways every couple of feet. It was a wonder the high and mighty goddess upstairs allowed a portion of the building she inhabited to deteriorate like this. Then again, she never showed sympathy toward prisoners. What a wake up call that would be if she wound up in a cell of her own some day. A corner of Han's mouth turned upward at the thought. She deserves it...

"It's just ahead," the receptionist announced as she tried her best to avoid an unnaturally dark section of the floor that looked to Han to be the contents of a bark rat's stomach. He swallowed hard and tried to shut out the stench that accompanied it as he pushed past the bile to keep up with the spry woman. "And remember, you only have till 1300 hours for your visit," she continued. "We cannot compensate Mr. Fett's departure time."

"Yea, I heard you the first time," Han mumbled under his breath with discontent as they approached the cell. The durasteel door that loomed before them pushed away any ill feelings Han had toward his guide and instead, it was replaced with anxiety. Fett had been a man who had hunted him for years before finally getting lucky and turning him over to Jabba the Hutt. Whether Fett did it for pleasure, a personal grudge or duty, Han couldn't tell, but the entire incident had shaken him to the core. And yet, here he was walking right back into the man's clutches in an attempt to try and save his daughter. Was he crazy? Maybe you are, Solo. But it's too late to do anything 'bout it now.

With a wave of a datacard across the lock, the receptionist opened the door and stepped to the side to allow Han to enter. "I'll be just outside the door if you need any assistance," she offered with a warm smile.

Han simply shook his head, right hand resting on the familiar bulge of his blaster and hazel eyes directed forward into the stark white cell. He eased his legs to move him forward and soon enough, he was standing within the threshold. A slight quirk to his lip was his only reaction when the door relocked behind him with a click. This is it...

It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the bright settings of the room, which was in direct contrast to the hallway, before his gaze rested on a disheveled form lying upon a makeshift bunk. The man was dressed in dirty fatigues and he looked vulnerable without his famous Mandalorian armor to hide behind. Deep scars ran across his weathered face and for a moment, Han couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that this man was Boba Fett. The mystery and illusion surrounding the infamous bounty hunter was gone.

Tense muscles relaxed a bit as Han licked his lips and let out the breath he hadn't realized he was holding. It was gonna take a while to get used to talking to the man face to face without the helmet. "Nice accomodations you got here," he finally managed to say to break the awkward silence. "Almost makes me nostalgic of my stay with the Empire."

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Boba Fett
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, February 22nd 2007 01:56pm    Post subject:

Still laying on his back, his head propped up towards the door, Boba eyed Solo a few moments before responding. Not only was he captured, but now Solo was standing in his cell door, although he didn't look like a man who had come to taunt his rival.

"Good to see you too, Solo. Come to gloat, or just finish me off before Security hauls me off," asked Fett, nodding towards Han's blaster.

Boba didn't really care which one it was. He had failed. Failed to protect Erics, failed to protect Jase, and failed to kill Arlyn. Hell, he thought, I even failed to die as a Mandalorian. Some legacy, Fett. Dying in a prison cell no matter what.
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, February 23rd 2007 12:47am    Post subject:

The bounty hunter tilted his head and indicated the DL-44 strapped to Han's right thigh. If this wasn't Boba Fett sitting before him, Han would've allowed himself to smile, but the situation proved to be more disturbing than satisfying. It appeared Wings managed to shatter yet another man to pieces. Too bad it had to be Fett. No matter. Her time is coming.

Han flexed his fingers before flipping the safety into position on his blaster. "Neither," he replied coolly. "I actually have an offer you might be interested in. And I'm sure you'll agree it'll benefit you more than me." He allowed his gaze to fall squarely on Fett's face and simply grinned.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Boba Fett
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, February 23rd 2007 01:02am    Post subject:

Boba cocked an eyebrow at Solo's remark, and consciously slowed his breathing, as the prospect of escape entered his head, and his adrenaline began pumping. But he clamped down on any hope that he would make it out of there. Solo was probably just trying to get him worked up... Or was he, thought Boba as he studied Solo's face. There wasn't any hint of maliciousness, or deceit in his tone, or facial expression.

Fett allowed himself a short mirthless laugh, before fixing his gaze on Solo again, and said, "You must be desperate to come to me, Solo. Especially when I'm in a prison cell. What's the offer?"

Boba knew he shouldn't listen, but he would, if only because this was the first time Solo had come to him, instead of the other way around.
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, February 23rd 2007 10:43pm    Post subject:

"Maybe I am," Han admitted as he tore his gaze away from his former enemy and began to inspect the cell. "But I ain't letting you on to anything just yet." He made his way over to the edge of the room with a distinct swagger and ran his fingers over the smooth, white wall before his gaze was drawn up to one of the rafters running along the ceiling. A satisfied smirk crossed his lips as he took a careful step back. There you are...

Perched high upon one of the rafters, which appeared to blend in seamlessly with the rest of the surroundings, was one of the wireless listening and recording devices the security chief had warned him about. Of course, he couldn't afford to have anyone eavesdropping while he presented the terms to Fett, so he needed to take care of them.

Turning his gaze away from the camera as not to draw attention to himself, Han causually reached a hand down to his gunbelt where an old droid caller was attached to his hip. With a subtle motion, Han activated the device and hoped the silent signals the piece of junk emitted was enough to interfere with the operation of the security devices. It wasn't much, but it should do the job of garbling the sound and messing with the picture so that it appeared as if it was technical issues and not his doing.

When he was satisfied with his handy work, Han allowed his arms to relax back at his sides and returned his eyes to the bounty hunter. The joking and cocky attitude was gone and he was now all business. "My daughter was taken from me, Fett," he rushed ahead without pretext, his voice even and unmistakingly low. "I want you to find her."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Boba Fett
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, February 24th 2007 02:50am    Post subject:

Boba narrowed his eyes, and his expression grew cold, and distant. Solo's child was kidnapped. He had been wondering what would make a fiercely independent man like Solo so desperate that he would have to come to his worst enemy for help, and now he had his answer. Boba couldn't stand the thought of someone bringing a child into someone else's conflict. That was one of the very few things that angered him.

Just as he was about to respond, he stopped himself. He hadn't been able to protect Erics, so how was he supposed to save Solo's kid? Boba gave himself a mental shake. He couldn't allow himself to doubt his abilities, or he really would be useless. He had to get back to his mindset before Erics' death. Boba pushed the memory to the back of his mind, and concentrated on the present.

Looking Solo in the eye, he said, "I'll help you get your daughter back." Then, looking towards the door, he said, "Do you have an escape plan?"
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, February 28th 2007 07:36pm    Post subject:

Han's hazel eyes bore an icy stare into those of the bounty hunter and slowly, he brought himself to nod in agreement and understanding. Fett didn't seem like the kind of man to agree with certain terms so easily, but Han thought he saw something snap within him. He had hit a soft spot that Fett himself was trying to conceal. What it was, Han didn't know, but he made a mental note to try and fit the pieces together later.

"I got a few things in mind," Han admitted smugly as he answered his question and traced his gaze to the door. "I can't really say anything here, but a bit of advice - be ready." Han turned back around to face Fett and flashed him a cocky grin. "It'll be a helluva going away party."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Boba Fett
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, March 03rd 2007 08:42pm    Post subject:

As Han left the room, Boba laid back down on the 'bed' that he had been provided and took a short nap. He would need to be rested when they arrived to take him. That little bag over the head trick they used worked to the extent that it slowed his reflexes, but he had just been going along with it to give them a false sense of security. Although, by himself, and under the influence of the drug, he wouldn't have stood a chance. He would have to find a way to quickly bring himself out of the stupor caused by the drug, and he didn't like the options.

Boba didn't know how much time had passed, but when the guards came to take him, he was fully rested, and ready for the escape. As they took him to the landing pad, Boba only hoped Solo knew what he was doing.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Detention Center - Alliance Security HQ
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: