}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Another Denon Apartment/Office
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Another Denon Apartment/Office
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Mon, February 19th 2007 02:05am    Post subject: Another Denon Apartment/Office

”I’m not sure I quite got that, Mr. Nullg. Now explain this to me again.”
“Like I said, the police think I killed someone. I don’t remember this happening. And yet, I think they’re right.”
”You think you killed someone, but you don’t remember it happening?”
“Yes.”
“You’re serious.”
“Do I have to find another lawyer?”

That wouldn’t do. It would be a poor statement about his job ability if Mr. Nullg went elsewhere. Especially considering that Wright had already gotten him off the hook twice already. He was beginning to wonder if the man wasn’t trying to get himself locked away.

”No, no, that will not be necessary. I just want to be certain that you’re not pulling my leg on this. Now give me the entire story in regards to what may possible be relevant. I don’t care how inconsequential it may seem, I want to hear it.”
“All of it?”

Maybe that was a little too much. But then again, it would help to be sure.

”Mr. Nullg, by knowing as much about this case as possible, I better formulate a defense for you, as I assume, based on previous experience, that you would rather not plea out of a trial.”
“Well of course not. I don’t want to go to jail.”
”Of course you don’t.” he thought to himself. ”Who does? Now lets hear it.”

Pocket Change: 50,000

The guy who made the 25,000th post
 Back to top »
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Tue, February 20th 2007 12:25am    Post subject:

It was certainly an interesting story. He has apparently gone to sleep, and when he had woken up, he had found red stuff on his hands and in various location within his penthouse, and not knowing what it was, had tried to clean it up. The police had then shown up and arrested him for the murder of some random guy on the street. No surprise, the red stuff was blood.

”Now, if what you’re telling me is true…”
“You don’t believe me?”
”Of course I do.” he said, half lying to him. He found the story believable, but he still had his doubts that the man wasn’t being truthful with him. ”But I need to be objective here. Now, supposing what you’ve told me is true, the best course of action may be to work out a plea bargain. I think that…”

Nullg stood up in anger.

“Didn’t I say I don’t want to go to jail?!”

Lionel stuck out his hand and tried to clam the man down and motioned to him to sit. He needed to calm the man down before he did something else stupid or decided to go find another lawyer.

”Hear me out. I’m not talking about jail time. Considering what you’ve told me, it seems that you aren’t responsible for what happened. I’m thinking that if we get you professional help that will cure you of this kind of thing, perhaps with you spending some time in a specialized institution, we can get this behind you.”
“How would that be any better than jail?!”
”You wouldn’t be stuck behind bars or sent to some penal planet. And all things considered, it seems as though you’ll need medical help eventually anyways.”

He searched for something else he could say to try to get the man on his side.

”I have gotten you out of jail twice already.”
“So do it again!”
”That is what I am trying to do. And in my professional opinion as your lawyer, this is what I believe to be the best course of action. Now do you trust me as your legal representative?”

He started to sit back down.

“Yes…”
”So will you trust me on this?”
“Ye…ye..ne…”
”Mr. Nullg?”
“Fine. But I don’t want any criminal record from it and I want to go to someplace nice. And it better have the best medical personnel.”

He hoped the man wouldn’t keep making additions. If he asked for too much, It would make it difficult to win a deal.

”Alright. I’ll see what I can do.”

Wright rose from his chair and motioned to Nullg as though it were time for him to leave.

”I’ll let you know when I have the bargain worked out.”
“Don’t let me down. I’m counting on you.”
”That would be why you’re paying me.” He said with a smirk on his face. He proceeded to show the man to the door and then closed it behind him after he left, returned to his chair, sat down, and let out a deep sigh.

”An interesting case indeed.”

Back to top »
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Fri, February 23rd 2007 02:49am    Post subject:

Lionel left his office through the door that connected it to the stylish apartment he lived in and headed for the kitchen for a beer. Popping it open he headed for the living room and was surprised to see Juan was home.

“I didn’t realize it was that late.”
“It’s not. There was “technical difficulties”, to put it lightly, at the office, and since they didn’t have a plan in place to deal with situations of such kind, which I have suggested for months, they sent a number of us home for the day.”

Lionel largely didn’t have a clue what the muun was saying, and decided not to ask. He might get a much longer answer than he wanted to.

“Anything good on?” he asked.
“I wouldn’t know. I haven’t turned the set on.”

That was typical of Juan. For all he was good for, he was a bit too serious for Lionels taste. But Leroy found him to be OK, and since the muun did pay the apartment rent for all three of them each month, Lionel was more than willing to overlook that and the other little things that would normally have gotten to him. Speaking of Leroy…

“Oh, I just remembered. I got a message from Leroy earlier. Apparently, he’s working a night job tonight, so we’re going to have to cancel game night. Unless you happen to know of some guys who happen to be free.”
“I don’t believe so.”

Figured. The alien really only played when Leroy could talk him into it anyways. Oh well, it just meant he didn’t have an excuse to not do some of the work he needed to get to sooner rather than later.

Back to top »
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Fri, March 09th 2007 02:59pm    Post subject:

”Ah, hello Mr. Nullg. Glad you could make it.”

Lionel let the man in and showed him to a chair.

“It sounded urgent.”

”Darn. Right to the point.”
“Yes. I’m afraid I have some bad news.”

“That doesn’t sound good.”

Lionel suppressed a sarcastic comment and continued.

”I’m afraid that they were unwilling to settle the case. I’m guessing it’s because Schmitty has a vendetta or something. I only have my gut feeling to tell me that, but nonetheless, it means that we are going to court.”
“But you…”

He wished the man would shut up. He wasn’t making things any easier.

”I know what I said. Unfortunately, they didn’t work out. Don’t worry, though. We haven’t…”
“Don’t worry? Don’t tell me not to worry!?”

”Don’t you have a bad habit of interrupting?”
“Look, Mr. Nullg. You wanted this in the first place, didn’t you? A trial and for me to get you off free and clear?”

“Uh, uh, I…think so. Yes. I did.”
”Alright then. So don’t worry any more. I’m going to see to it that we win, and to do that I need you to not panic and leave everything to me. Unless I need something from you, in which case I’ll let you know.”

Back to top »
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Tue, March 13th 2007 12:04am    Post subject:

”Hmmm? Who’s there?”

Lionel sat up as the door opened. He suddenly realized that he had managed to fall asleep on a couch in the front viewing room – a fancy name that Leroy had given to the room in the apartment that had a view outside through a giant window that was located near the entrance to the place – while working on the Nullg job. Leroy had a fancy name for everything.

”Don’t get all panicky. It’s just me.”

Lionel sat all the way up and got a good look at who had come in. It was Leroy. And he was carrying what looked to be a like a new rifle of some kind.

”You bought a new gun?”
“Yep. Saw it in a pawn shop while I was working today, went back later and picked it up. Doesn’t fire according to the guy I bought it from, but it was practically free and should work fine once I get through with it.”
”What time is it?”

Leroy looked at his watch.

“Oh, I’d say past Oh-two-hundred hours.”

Darn that Leroy and his military time.

“That late?”
“Well, you did fall asleep on the couch.”
”That means something?”
“You may not think so, but I’m not going to bother debating it with you.”
”I appreciate your willingness not to argue a meaningless point.” Lionel said sarcastically.
“You’re welcome. I’m going to bed. Night.”

Lionel watched as the man headed off to the deeper parts of the apartment, then fell quickly back to sleep.

Back to top »
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Thu, November 08th 2007 11:33pm    Post subject:

(OOC: Imagine this as taking place after the current case I’m RPing. At this point, it’s all pretty much in the past anyways. I WILL finish it, though. Sooner or later. >_>)

He had fallen asleep on the couch again, hadn’t he? One look around confirmed that. What had woken him up was Leroy watching some late night holovision. Louder than usual, too. What was worse was that he kept flipping through channels as though he didn’t know what he was looking for.

”Fricking pick something and stick with it!”

Grouchier than normal, Lionel was. Probably lack of sleep. Or maybe it was that he had found getting a real case lately to be more difficult than he would have expected.

“Not my problem. Unless you know something you want to watch, I’ll keep searching. You don’t even have to be in here. Don’t you have an office or something you can fall asleep in?”

Yeah, but the couch was really comfortable. Even more comfortable than his bed. It was like it had Jedi powers in confortability. But that didn’t do any good to him when one of his roommates kept changing the channel endlessly. But then he heard something that struck his ear with a certain interest.

“…Solo trial…”

”Wait! Wait! Wait! Go back!”

It was another standard news story about the upcoming Solo Trail. A Court Marshall at this point. Short of Palpatine somehow coming back from the dead and actually getting tried for crimes against the galaxy, or more realistically, the Empire being defeated and Vader getting tried for similar crimes (which put the Palpatine thing beyond the realm of ‘never going to happen’ on every single level), this would be one of, if not the biggest trial in his lifetime. Perhaps even bigger than Flints – and that had been a doozy.

There wasn’t a whole lot of new information that he hadn’t heard already. Not that it mattered. Lionel had gone over the details more than a dozen times already, he wouldn’t mind hearing the same stuff a dozen more. He would have given both his arms to be part of this case. Partially because the fame, or perhaps infamy, that would come with it would make it easy for whoever represented Solo to get the best prosthetics money could buy. And even if it didn’t, mechanical limbs were so commonplace in the common era that he could have gotten new ones anyways.

Which really made the whole ‘give my arm for it’ thing obsolete in the first place.

But when he came to think about it, was there any reason he couldn’t be part of the trial? Nothing against civilian lawyers representing defendants in such a case. And there wouldn’t be any monetary loss in trying. He had found getting any people to represent mysteriously difficult, despite the outcome of the Nullg case. There had been the occasional person, but those had all ended quickly through dismissal or settlement, nothing of note or real value. No doubt Schmitty had something to do with it.

Or maybe he needed business cards. Yeah, that might have had something to do with it too.

So the only real obstacle he could think of to getting in were the other lawyers who were bound to try to get in on it. Likely more experienced ones too. If that were the case, so be it. But he would try his darndest to get in on this.

As soon as it was morning.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Another Denon Apartment/Office
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: