}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Listing of Restricted/Summarily Denied Things
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Announcements » Listing of Restricted/Summarily Denied Things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, December 13th 2007 03:53pm    Post subject:

Phrases. Such as "agents provaceteurs", etc. Not the whole language. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu, December 13th 2007 04:59pm    Post subject:

That's really kind of stupid. I'd rather have someone say "Nevin habla a la mujer que es Sala para puede dormir con ella." rather than people making their own stuff like "Névén vosalas lenvimá'yá Salá yel'cam caphalas nav nes lam."

We'll discuss this, guys.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Thu, December 13th 2007 05:07pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, December 13th 2007 05:19pm    Post subject:

...Racy. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raslan Karl Langsdorff
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, December 13th 2007 07:42pm    Post subject:

I think we should allow any foreign phrase that has been adopted into English to count as English for these purposes... 'uber', 'de facto/de jure', 'agents provocateurs', and so on... especially since English itself is such an expressive and wide language because it borrowed words from every single other language it came into contact with...
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu, December 13th 2007 07:51pm    Post subject:

Well, that's not the issue at hand. The issue is languages as a whole.
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, December 13th 2007 08:43pm    Post subject:

Such as a crime syndicate speaking Italian, or Alderaan's language being French in a convoluted twist of political commentary. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Ailyn Vel
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, December 13th 2007 08:48pm    Post subject:

I have a problem with Alderaan becoming french, I don't have a problem with the creation of a french-speaking world of orginal design, so long as its made clear that the language is not infact french, but an odd language unique to said original world.
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, December 14th 2007 05:39am    Post subject:

I will be using Italian regardless of what you say Ams :P
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Fri, December 14th 2007 11:40am    Post subject:

Actually, you'll respect what we tell you to do. ;) But, as I said, I see no problem with using real world languages. The issue is still being debated but honestly I find the whole problem with them to be kind of silly.
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, December 14th 2007 01:57pm    Post subject:

Nevin Antilles wrote:
The issue is still being debated but honestly I find the whole problem with them to be kind of silly.

QFT

I just don't see what the big deal is. Out of all the things that we could be talking about, it's the use of language.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, December 14th 2007 02:51pm    Post subject:

Well, just a random thought. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, December 14th 2007 02:54pm    Post subject:

But compared to the other things we have to worry about, this doesn't matter. Who cares what languages they use, you know?

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Don Corleone
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, December 15th 2007 09:04am    Post subject:

A Silly Ewok wrote:
Actually, you'll respect what we tell you to do.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, April 13th 2008 09:05pm    Post subject:

Since it seems this bears a little reinforcement:

No biological weapons are permitted without explicit CMAC permission. And this covers everything, from the common cold to ancient Sith microbial creations that'll reduce a planet to a puddle of goo or something.

Expand

Back to top »
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, April 13th 2008 10:05pm    Post subject:

HTH did this come up? :P

If anyone should be researching biologicals, it should be the CK. :P But we're not.

*Stabs Wedge repeatedly* :P Now everybody's happy. - Lazer

In Soviet Russia, Force uses you! :P - Kypjargon

Sarin, you ***** *** pansy, you screw with me, you screw with my GIANT LASER GUN. - Xaph, imitating Commander Shepard
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, April 13th 2008 10:58pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:

No biological weapons are permitted without explicit CMAC permission. And this covers everything, from the common cold to ancient Sith microbial creations that'll reduce a planet to a puddle of goo or something.

CMAC will be getting a few messages from me concerning this issue.

EDIT: removed the specifics so I don't ruin any surprises

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Sun, April 13th 2008 11:01pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, April 13th 2008 11:02pm    Post subject:

Kalydon Skirata wrote:
Ams Jendob wrote:

CMAC will be getting a few messages from me concerning this issue.

EDIT: removed the specifics so I don't ruin any surprises

Damn the secrets, tell me!

edit:

I think it may be a good idea to warrant CMAC advisory or something like that. Ams merely said it was restricted to CMAC approval, versus outright banned.

Last edited by Alatáriël Pallanén on Sun, April 13th 2008 11:04pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, April 13th 2008 11:19pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël Pallanén wrote:

I think it may be a good idea to warrant CMAC advisory or something like that. Ams merely said it was restricted to CMAC approval, versus outright banned.

It makes sense alright. In a way, Biological weapons can be considered superweapons... :P

In some ways they can be far more effective than any conventional weapon like a blaster or turbolaser, which is why Ams made this announcement I'm sure.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, April 13th 2008 11:21pm    Post subject:

Ohh. So you don't have an issue with the issue, and were just merely saying that you would seek CMAC approval, versus questioning the addition to the restriction list. Gotchya.
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, April 14th 2008 12:55pm    Post subject:

Yeah, but Alex you godmodded for yours, seeing as you found a planet that you had no idea about, and a virus that would have gone extinct given that it exterminated ALL LIFE ON THE PLANET. And Ams it wasn't an Ancient Sith microbial weapon that reduced planets to goo...it was airborn Necrotizing Fasciitis a real-world bacteria.

Just to point it our, its not like there aren't ways of killing planets that are only just less effective than viral/bacterial-based weaponry.

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, April 14th 2008 01:42pm    Post subject:

...I was just using a random, Star Warsy example Ben. And planet destruction also has to pass through CMAC, so what does it matter?

Expand

Back to top »
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, April 14th 2008 04:58pm    Post subject:

Planetary depopulation on the other hand is a grey area...

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, April 14th 2008 05:06pm    Post subject:

Actually, that counts too, but thanks for playing "Top Ten Ways to Get CMAC Angry." :p

Expand

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, April 14th 2008 08:10pm    Post subject:

Throwing a godmodding charge out there is a very dangerous claim, and rather redundant coming from you.

Last edited by Alatáriël Pallanén on Mon, April 14th 2008 08:12pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, April 14th 2008 08:15pm    Post subject:

Cool it, you two. Ben, it's up to CMAC to determine what is and what is not godmodding. As you are not an administrator, do not take it upon yourself to level charges.

Alex, calm down and don't counter-charge. If you kids can't play nice, I'm gonna put you both in the corner. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Announcements » Listing of Restricted/Summarily Denied Things
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: