}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Depths of the Shadowlands
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Kashyyyk » The Depths of the Shadowlands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC-1207
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, December 16th 2006 05:27am    Post subject: The Depths of the Shadowlands

A screech ran through the trees as a predator fell to another. The Katarn fell in a messy heap having it's entrails spill over the ground. The other casually walked out of the shadows, his visor glowing a ghostly blue aura.

Former Republic Commando number 1207 had remained on Kashyyyk after the Clone Wars, he was abandoned by his superiors during a raid on a Separatist ship and written off as KIA. He contemplated returning many times but thought better of it, seeing how pathetic his other Clone brothers became after Order 66 and how his own squad was killed for disobeying it...

Bringing his wandering thoughts back to the present we wiped his gauntlet Vibro-Blade with a cloth from his pack and picked up the carcass. Even at his age he felt pretty good, for a man of only fifty some years old he was still in top shape. But then again...being raised for most of your life in live-fire drills and fighting one of the largest wars yet was enough to keep a man razor sharp.
How he stayed young however, he had a certain Mandalorian supercommando and Separatist scientist Ko Sai to thank for that.

After returning to his encampment he lit a fire to cook his kill.

After he was done, he sat back, deep in thought. He was a hunter, he was supposed to be hunting, not hiding like this. Collecting himself, Sev set out to find the one Wookiee on this world he knew, a Wookiee known as Tarfful.
Hopefully, Sev wondered, he still remembers that my squad saved his rear from Grievous, his bodyguards, and the Trandoshan Slavers. If he did he might be able to get Tarfful to help him get off this planet.

He would have to proceed without being seen however...he figured that Rebel soldiers most likely wouldn't react well to seeing anyone in armor like his for obvious reasons.

Back to top »
RC-1207
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, December 22nd 2006 06:37am    Post subject:

Sev grunted as he climbed up one of the massive Wroshyr tree. He silently cursed himself for not just taking one of the lifts but he needed the element of stealth and surprise. He kept on going, he was nearly at one of the landings when he lost his footing.

Struggling, he pulled himself up and planted his boots in the side of the tree and continued to climb. When he reached his destination he hid in the shadows to get his bearings.

"Last time I was here it was alot bloodier and noisier..." as he remembered all the dead Wookies and destroyed Battle Droids he saw during the Battle of Kashyyyk.

Remembering where the government center was and hopefully still was Sev set off quietly to find Tarfful. It was still in the middle of the night so there was plenty of darkness to cover his approach, and just as a precaution he dimmed his visor.

Back to top »
RC-1207
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, May 19th 2007 09:56pm    Post subject:

Months had passed since he tried to escape, at the time security was too tight and he had to back off. With that, he had retreated back into the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk itself and planned his next move. He needed to get off this rock, he had listened in on certain events in the galaxy thanks to some helpful merchants and traders of questionable goods over the years...Sev figured that he shouldn't die rotting in some swamp.

He was born and bred to fight, that's what he was going to do...since there was no more GAR and the Empire probably listed him as long dead, a job as a freelancer sounded rewarding. He could earn some credits, and maybe rack up a few kills while he was at it. First he needed to get off Kashyyyk though.

He started gathering the pieces of his Katarn armor, even after all these years his constant top notch care and a steady stream of parts from those merchants and traders guaranteed that Sev would remain combat ready at all times. He slapped a mag in the side of his Deece and headed out, he had one contact who could provide him with a means of getting back into what he did best.

4 Hours Later, Upper Areas of Kashyyyk

"Here's the equipment Commando, a dozen extra sniper mags, twenty blaster mags, and a full Anti-Armor Charge pack of four charges." The figure in the shadows said.
"Good, and the ship?" Sev asked.
The figure pointed at the corner of the dark hangar bay, "Fueled and ready to fly, the captain of it will ferry you to where you need to go, no questions asked."
Sev nodded and grabbed the bag of ammo and started to walk towards the ship.

Stopping midway he turned slightly and spoke, "Ordo...tell that old geriatric that I'm back in the zone." The figure stepped into the light, the worn armor of an ARC Captain appeared marred with scrathes and dents, N-11 simply nodded at Sev's request and offered a hand out.
Sev considered the Null for a moment and took the hand...they were the last of a dying breed, they were brothers who had lost their other brothers...warriors to the end.

Turning back to the ship Sev stepped inside and took a seat waiting for takeoff, he wanted to explore his options of employment first so he started searching the market for offers, preferably something that had to do with sharpshooting and infiltration.

Sev has left Kashyyyk, heading to an indisclosed location.

Oh yeah...I'm baaaack. *looks evilly at Geonosians* :twisted:

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sat, May 19th 2007 10:40pm    Post subject:

You need to pass through Rebellion Security Checkpoints before leaving.

"Unidentified vessel. Please report to Kashyyyk Security Checkpoint four. Coodinates have been sent"
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 01:50am    Post subject:

Unfortunately, I'll have to step in here and override that action. CMAC reviewed the situation and we discovered that a few months ago, a similar situation occurred with an unknown Jedi. The Jedi(keep in mind, he was in an unknown vessel) was allowed to leave the planet without security batting an eye at him. But now since someone who you've OOCly had a dispute with tries to leave the planet, you have the whole place on lockdown and are attempting to take him in against his will. I'm afraid that is considered harassment towards another player and will not be tolerated.

Also, keep in mind the Alliance CoC. You are overstepping your boundaries with actions such as this:

Quote:
The department of security is tied in with local planetary security establishments for normal policing – however, these things are almost never overseen by the Chief directly.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 03:48am    Post subject:

Edit: I made slight edits, in the event that Skirata may leave the RPG

The Jedi left the surface because he received an invitation from the Jedi Order, which would have received proper clearance from any and all Security personell.

Just because this old man tossed a few remarks, to which I bluntly disagreed, doesn't earn any right of hatred on my part. I laughed at the thought of a forty year old man even logically assuming he can beat a human replica droid. I would have enjoyed an IC confrontation and watch his brains fried before he could blink. I disagreed with Skirata's blind and rather biased opinion on Mando superiority, which in my opinion, is a bunch of crazy racist superiority fighters that just don't know how to quit when they are beat.

With that aside, with the Jedi's invitation, he would have received security departure codes. And since I, the Security Chief, IN CHARACTERLY do not personally handle planetary security, I do and have, monitored space traffic. It's not my direct observation, which is why Arlyn is not ICly handling it, but one of my divisions are. So, OOCly, since I don't have any sub-security personal, and no Territorial Commanders that patrol this region, he would be stopped by Planetary Security. May I also point the attention to CMAC that Kashyyyk was recruited by the DRWP by a special wookiee friend of Calias, which also took a liking to Arlyn.

So, overstepping my boundaries...not really. I've made plenty of space traffic stops on Denon, it shouldn't be different on this world.

And ultimately, if he does manage to escape, his vessel will be flagged and researched. So whether he eludes me now, I will eventually find him.

Last edited by Alatáriël Pallanén on Sun, May 20th 2007 03:52am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Firmus Piett
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 07:53am    Post subject:

Ultimatley Alex if he doesn't want to be captured and CMAC agree's to that - then you have no hope of capturing him - read the rules theres one that dictates this exact situation.
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 12:48pm    Post subject:

I would like to say that Piett there is correct. If he does not wish to be confined(and he obviously doesn't) then it falls to a CMAC ruling.

I'd also like to point out that Kashyyyk overall is friendly to the Alliance, moreso than they are to Arlyn. She only has the backing of one Wookiee or one clan. The Alliance envelopes the entire planet. I'm taking that from canon sources.

However, I don't want to drag this thread down into discussing the sway of the planet. The fact stands that I'm rather distrurbed(so is the rest of CMAC) that an unknown Jedi(who somehow caught the attention of Yoogle after decades?) didn't have to pass through ANY security clearance and yet you're giving Kal here a tough time. I know you said the Jedi was given clearances, but that was never stated or acted out. So, I present this: maybe Sev DID pass through the security checkpoint(it would be nothing more than a simple scan anyway) and his vessel was cleared. Afterall, we don't need to go in and act out EVERY LITTLE TINY detail.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 01:51pm    Post subject:

Firmus Piett wrote:
Ultimatley Alex if he doesn't want to be captured and CMAC agree's to that - then you have no hope of capturing him - read the rules theres one that dictates this exact situation.

Thank you for stating the obvious, Admiral.

And a wookiee clan is loyal, let's keep that in the back our heads for the moment. Since Han is the CMAC member who is belaying this information, I'll take a step down from this argument. I was merely having him go through a security check, and get that little scan. It's a pity not even that is roleplayed any more. :( Never did I mention IC or even OOC to a CMAC admin that anything further would occur. : /

Oh well.

Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 01:59pm    Post subject:

I see, so now the Wookiees kneel to the Angel of Kashyyyk now?

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 02:10pm    Post subject:

I think someone is a bit sour from going from 30 million to 99 billion. Broke the Imperial Bank, eh?
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 02:17pm    Post subject:

Can someone remove all the posts up to his own. I think that would be best.

Ams, I'm sorry. Let's just... make peace now. :P

Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 02:29pm    Post subject:

I just want to leave a final note in here before wrapping this up.

In terms of the actual security check and not showing it, I see it similarly to a movie. We know it happens but it's not shown "on-screen." We just have a reference to it later on in the story of its outcome. With the situation here, I see nothing more than a simple scan happening before Sev is set on his way.

Anyway, that is all. That's just my take on it.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 02:37pm    Post subject:

All right, in the event of character development and CMAC's better outlook and judgement on this situation, I agree.

:D
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 03:38pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I would like to say that Piett there is correct. If he does not wish to be confined(and he obviously doesn't) then it falls to a CMAC ruling.

Now you say it... after Aryln threw Cyler in jail never to be RPed with again.

Grand Air Marshal Surge Skyes

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 03:56pm    Post subject:

Cyler was going along with it, and I threw him in the brig. Not jail. He should've been released by now.

And it was different circumstances. You came aboard the Denon Golan Battlestation with evidence of being a criminal and a terrorist. At that time, you made a flawed mistake in your role playing and left evidence in the open for my Audacious to find.

Hiding things in secret compartments was also flawed, because once we had evidence of Cyler working with the underground, or w/e its called, your ship would've been torn apart.

And he would be RPed with again, you just seemed to drop the character. (Because I thought he suffered such a complete failure, he should just be forgotten about.)

Just remember by release of the brig, I don't mean you are free to go. You had orders to kill Ryan Davad on a datapadd, weapons, and lying to security personnel. We do have lawyers and trials in the Rebellion. If you survive the jury, you can do whatever you want.

Unlike the hollywood action of Sev and Ams Jendob, we punish the criminals.

Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 04:08pm    Post subject:

Except that you keep forgetting that Sev is not a criminal and walks like the innocent man he is. :wink:

Case closed, thread has no further need. Locked

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Kashyyyk » The Depths of the Shadowlands
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: