}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Force Sensitive Rule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Force Sensitive Rule
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 07:32am    Post subject:

I also VEHEMENTLY point out that there can only ever actually be a small number of actuall Sith the rest of us are Dark Jedi...as for armies of FS's...what are you on? Force Sensativity is a massivly rare gift bestowed on something like....one out of every six million children born (probably even higher difficulty than that) with only a tiny fraction of those children beeing in possesion a high enough potential to be even deemed worthy of beeing able to use the force. Seeing as the ability to bestow the force upon people is usually only ever introduced as a game mechanic (and forbidden on this site) the fact that players can only have one FS is a perfectly reasonable rule, considering that if every player chose to take one we would actually have more FS's than theoretically possible I suggest you cope.

As of current the only darkside FS groups I can think of are the Inquisitorius, the Emperors Hands and the teensie-weensie collection of 'Sith' under Vaders command. With the Jedi beeing the only balancer against us, introduce any more darksiders to the mix and we have a problem. Also...just from reading your signup, the Jedi Hunters of the Inquisition are probably a happier place for you, of course that would only matter if the FS ban wasn't in place...

Last edited by Volytar on Wed, April 18th 2007 07:38am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 07:51am    Post subject:

I agree with Volytar (shocking :P ). It is an extremely rare gift to be born with and even rarer to be able to use it. That's why the ban is in place. There are simply too many people who want to play a Force user. Sadly, the main reason is the potential for power. If you really just want a powerful character who hates Jedi and wants to hunt them down, there are limitless possibilities in that aspect.

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora
Leader of The Unknowns, Rogue Jedi, Smexy
The Hugh Hefner of Homicide

Jedi Powers: FS Roll
DT-III Armor: Having the right connections
Mace Windu's Lightsaber: Clever plotting
Getting away with murder: Priceless

Holder of the 10,000th post

Expand

Last edited by Jase Denora on Wed, April 18th 2007 07:52am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 09:13am    Post subject:

Like I said earlier, when this topic was first created, I agree with the current ban. It's quite hard to actually play a Jedi, or a Sith. When playing a Sith, you simply cannot be rational in certain situations, even if it would help your character accomplish what he wishes. Same goes for the Jedi, with certain things, I would assume.

The Jedi and Sith are extremely powerful, so their players have to introduce certain flaws into them to balance them out a bit, and a lot of potential players can't, or won't do that. Even I'm guilty of it at times. So the CMAC, to balance the amount of Force Sensitives already in the game created the ban.

I assume once the member base reaches a certain Non-FS:FS ratio, they'll remove the ban for a short time.

Rory says:
Darth Avaritus: Sith Lord, Dark Apprentice, Field-Goal Kicker

Expand

---
"We worked it out. Ams and I are equall awesome, just in different fields... though we both admit defeat in the "Creative Ruthlessness" category. The winner of that trophy is undoubtedly Lord Avaritus, with his "punt t3h hed" routine." - Carnor Jax

Last edited by Darth Avaritus on Wed, April 18th 2007 09:14am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 09:55am    Post subject:

I'd say it's more of an 'if' than an 'when'. As I see it, Jedi/Sith are kind of in the same territory as shapeshifting characters and Yodas species. If you get one, it's a very special thing, and you don't want to let go of it for fear that you won't get another one.
Sure, Jedi arn't banned to new characters permanently, but getting one in and of itself, unless you're using a canon character (which isn't exactly easy for people to find), is really, really difficult, and unlike a lot of characters, they can't simply be tossed away and easily replaced if you want them back. Thus, people aren't likely to give them up willingly.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying that I don't think that this site getting back to that certain Non-FS:FS ratio you mentioned is something we can count on happening.
Or, if it does, chances are it will quickly be unbalanced again and the ban/restriction will be put back in place.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications
YKL-37R Nova Courier Schizophrenia
Stuff abord the Schizophrenia

------------------------------------------------

Star Wars: It doesn't have to make any sense!
 Back to top »
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 11:07am    Post subject:

As pretty much pointed out by both Avatarius and Space Jawa it is simply that once a certain threshhold of FS's is reached you just simply can't have any more added into the game or there is an inherent advantage in possesion of the force - I do however feel that it is somewhat a shame that there isn't a ballance of FS's loyal to the Empire and FS's loyal to the Alliance but that is allways a flaw you are going to get with the majority of players wanting to play Jedi. THAT and the fact that it takes allot more maturity to play a Darkside FS sensibly without acting like a complete nancy-boy...
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 02:57pm    Post subject:

You guys are right regarding balance but another reason the ban was put into place was because the FS rules are getting a complete rehaul. I know Cray has been working on it off and on for quite sometime and as soon as he gets it ready, FS will be available again for a short time.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 03:03pm    Post subject:

I've already used my roll. :(

Grand Air Marshal Surge Skyes

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week
 Back to top »
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 03:50pm    Post subject:

Ahh Surge...thats why I chose a canon FS with absolutley no character to his name...
 Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 04:20pm    Post subject:

Jedi #678453634656 in backround in jedi temple! Brilliant! :P

Grand Air Marshal Surge Skyes

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week
 Back to top »
Dr. Gregory House, M.D.
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 04:47pm    Post subject:

To me, the Force is a plot device. Nothing more. It saved Xaph's life that one time, but unless it asks nicely, I don't think he's not going to repay the debt.
 Back to top »
Jacen Tranada
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 11:56pm    Post subject:

I'm too ... well evil to play a Jedi properly; the one FS that I did have for a while gave two people a concussion and half-strangled her brother. I think I'd play a dark Jedi magnificently...

Back to top »
Amoz Shadowyrem
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, April 26th 2007 01:04am    Post subject:

maybe hopefully someday the fs rule and the fs roll will get taken off....but really i wouldnt really count on it
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, April 26th 2007 11:04am    Post subject:

We Darkside FS's do allways need some non-FS accolytes now and again...so it isn't all that bad...
 Back to top »
Amoz Shadowyrem
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, April 26th 2007 02:25pm    Post subject:

thats true but i dont really see that many FS characters under the Dark Side of the Force but yeah still non-FS is still as much good
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, April 26th 2007 04:08pm    Post subject:

Not that many darkside FS characters? *lists*

Vader
Olethros (Jax)
Eximus
Jase Denora
Avaritus
Mara Jade
Palpatine Reborn
All the NPC darksiders in the Korriban Academy.

And I think that I missed some.

Expand
 Back to top »
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, April 27th 2007 06:08am    Post subject:

Ahem...
 Back to top »
Dr. Gregory House, M.D.
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, April 27th 2007 06:23pm    Post subject:

[quote="307"]
All the NPC darksiders in the Korriban Academy.[quote]

There are none.
 Back to top »
Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, April 27th 2007 08:54pm    Post subject:

Oh, Really?

Expand
 Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sat, April 28th 2007 03:30am    Post subject:

Owned.

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911
 Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, April 28th 2007 04:27am    Post subject:

To true...we haven't actually sent the ones captured over yet....oh and 307...how about the ENTIRE Inquisitorius? Not to mention what remenants of the other Darkside Accolyte groups we absorbed...
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, April 28th 2007 06:37am    Post subject:

Not to mention the just random officers with that unrealized Force Sensitivity. I think the figure of one in six million was quoted? So, that leaves a fair number of FS crewmen, soldiers, airmen, officers, and God save us, bureaucrats.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, April 28th 2007 06:43am    Post subject:

Jah, with only something like half of them with any training if I remember correctly and many more just waiting to be identified and trained so that they can aid their comrades in battle.

Oh and Ams...FLIGHT OFFICERS we don't have AIRMEN in the Starfighter corps...distinct lack of air in space y'know...maybe in the army airspeeder units they would be called airmen but, contrary to popular belief the Imperial Millitary is not the American one...and that rank is canonically established...

Last edited by Volytar on Sat, April 28th 2007 06:46am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, April 28th 2007 07:01am    Post subject:

Spacemen sounds stupid. :p I say airmen to mean enlisted Starfighter Corps personnel. And I know full well it's not the American setup. That's the Rebels. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, April 28th 2007 07:22am    Post subject:

Thats why enlisted personel are referred to as pilots...or by their rank of Flight Officer...

Last edited by Volytar on Sat, April 28th 2007 07:23am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, April 28th 2007 07:45am    Post subject:

Enlisted personnel don't generally fly aircraft.

Expand

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Force Sensitive Rule
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: